Instagram


Pakistan World Cup 2019 Shirts

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 561 to 635 of 635
  1. #561
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    8,825
    Mentioned
    1045 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not going to be fasting this time. I don't have the patience, energy, and the willpower to do so.

    Good luck everyone.


    Dirty Money give me dirty looks
    Spend a day with us, you can write 30 books

  2. #562
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    5,008
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It is Ramzaan, not Ramadan. Please habibi.
    It's Ramadhaan actually. Habeebi.

  3. #563
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    408
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It is Ramzaan, not Ramadan. Please habibi.
    Ramadan is the actual word while Ramazan is the Pakistani pronunciation

    Kind of like how some people in Pakistan pronounce biscuits as Biskuts .

  4. #564
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,819
    Mentioned
    5358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    It's Ramadhaan actually. Habeebi.
    Yes, but the closest equivalent to the Arabic ض in English is the "d", which is why Ramadhaan is often simply written as Ramadan. However, technically, it should be written as Ramadhaan and not Ramadan.

  5. #565
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,819
    Mentioned
    5358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    Ramadan is the actual word while Ramazan is the Pakistani pronunciation

    Kind of like how some people in Pakistan pronounce biscuits as Biskuts .
    In the word Ramadan/Ramadhaan, the ض is pronounced as "dh" in Arabic.

    However, because of the heavy Persian influence on Urdu, the ض is pronounced as a "z".

    Hence, in Urdu, it is Ramzaan. To each their own, but to see Pakistanis called it Ramadan/Ramadhaan is a bit of pet peeve of mine.

    Same goes for the word Wudhu, which is Wuzu in Urdu. It is interesting to note that Pakistanis do not call Wuzu Wudhu, and they bring out the inner Arabic speaker in them only when it comes to the word Ramzaan.

    As far as biscuit/biskut is concerned, the actual word for biscuit in Urdu is "khatai". However, that word tends to be strictly used for shortbread biscuits only "nankhatai".

    Biscuit is usually called biskut because of the accent, and not because it is an actual word for biscuit in Urdu. However, Ramzaan is an actual word in Urdu, because of the fact that its dialect is different from Arabic and heavily influenced by the softer and milder Persian.

  6. #566
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    23,202
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    lol when I was mod I changed spelling of thread title to 'Ramzan' but it got changed next year...

    Ramzan Mubarak everyone!


    #MPGA

  7. #567
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    5,634
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    In the word Ramadan/Ramadhaan, the ض is pronounced as "dh" in Arabic.

    However, because of the heavy Persian influence on Urdu, the ض is pronounced as a "z".

    Hence, in Urdu, it is Ramzaan. To each their own, but to see Pakistanis called it Ramadan/Ramadhaan is a bit of pet peeve of mine.

    Same goes for the word Wudhu, which is Wuzu in Urdu. It is interesting to note that Pakistanis do not call Wuzu Wudhu, and they bring out the inner Arabic speaker in them only when it comes to the word Ramzaan.

    As far as biscuit/biskut is concerned, the actual word for biscuit in Urdu is "khatai". However, that word tends to be strictly used for shortbread biscuits only "nankhatai".

    Biscuit is usually called biskut because of the accent, and not because it is an actual word for biscuit in Urdu. However, Ramzaan is an actual word in Urdu, because of the fact that its dialect is different from Arabic and heavily influenced by the softer and milder Persian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    lol when I was mod I changed spelling of thread title to 'Ramzan' but it got changed next year...

    Ramzan Mubarak everyone!
    Pakistanis trying to be more Arabic I guess. Just like seeing them saying 'Suhoor, Mabrook' etc.

  8. #568
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    102,799
    Mentioned
    1847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Doesnt matter how you say it, its what we do as Muslims - so Ramzan or Ramadan Mubarak


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  9. #569
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    3,732
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ramzaan mubarak everyone.

  10. #570
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    3,786
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaayal View Post
    Ramzaan mubarak everyone.
    Fast and no furious 2018.


    ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day

  11. #571
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    6,954
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ramzaan Mubarak guys, hope you gain something out of this month

  12. #572
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    31,734
    Mentioned
    2522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ramadan Kareem people! Letís gather all the blessings that we can during this month

  13. #573
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,477
    Mentioned
    790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Still TWO HOURS and THIRTY ODD minutes left in Iftaar

  14. #574
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    4,506
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Not going to be fasting this time. I don't have the patience, energy, and the willpower to do so.

    Good luck everyone.
    Never expected you to be a weakling
    Last edited by hadi123; 18th May 2018 at 18:02.

  15. #575
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    8,825
    Mentioned
    1045 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Never expected you to be a weakling
    I'm not going to munch 3700 calories in 6 hours. It's about my nutrition, not working out. I could have made time for gym if I wanted to, that's a lighter issue.
    Last edited by hadi123; 18th May 2018 at 18:02.


    Dirty Money give me dirty looks
    Spend a day with us, you can write 30 books

  16. #576
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    8,825
    Mentioned
    1045 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Never expected you to be a weakling
    I'm not a religious person when it comes to the everyday stuff, I don't like to pretend. It does not make sense for me to fast in the first place.
    Last edited by hadi123; 18th May 2018 at 18:03.


    Dirty Money give me dirty looks
    Spend a day with us, you can write 30 books

  17. #577
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    4,506
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    I'm not a religious person when it comes to the everyday stuff, I don't like to pretend. It does not make sense for me to fast in the first place.
    What does that even mean?
    Last edited by hadi123; 18th May 2018 at 18:03.

  18. #578
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    8,825
    Mentioned
    1045 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    What does that even mean?
    You can take guesses.


    Dirty Money give me dirty looks
    Spend a day with us, you can write 30 books

  19. #579
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramzaan Mubarak everyone

  20. #580
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,705
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Man had Cocoa Puffs, banana and boiled egg for sehri. Now I'm dumb hungry.

  21. #581
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    26,203
    Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ramzan Mubarak to all of PP.

  22. #582
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,735
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    lol when I was mod I changed spelling of thread title to 'Ramzan' but it got changed next year...

    Ramzan Mubarak everyone!
    Why does it matter? Just respect the OPs wishes.

    Let people speak whatever way fhey want.


    "i'M sOrRy, i'M nOt sUpPosED tO teLl yoU tHiS"

  23. #583
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,705
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Man I love Ramadan. Feels so freaking good.

  24. #584
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,477
    Mentioned
    790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Is it just me or is the time moving incredibly slow..........

  25. #585
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    31,734
    Mentioned
    2522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Is it just me or is the time moving incredibly slow..........
    Just you bro. It will be over in a flash and youíll be like where did Ramadan go

  26. #586
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,477
    Mentioned
    790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    Just you bro. It will be over in a flash and you’ll be like where did Ramadan go
    I am even done will all my Ibadaat for the day as well and there is still 3.5 hours left even now!!

  27. #587
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    2,999
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Man I love Ramadan. Feels so freaking good.
    The inner peace what you get is the most soothing thing in Ramadan.

  28. #588
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    34,440
    Mentioned
    2577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Sad to see people focusing over petty issues.

    Relax and enjoy the month, folks. It'll be over soon enough.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  29. #589
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    4,506
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Sad to see people focusing over petty issues.

    Relax and enjoy the month, folks. It'll be over soon enough.
    And then we'll wonder where it disappeared to

  30. #590
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    12,519
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a 3 hour exam in the morning.Haven't slept since Sehri

  31. #591
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,927
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Sad to see people focusing over petty issues.

    Relax and enjoy the month, folks. It'll be over soon enough.
    Common sense says it should be a non-issue. When speaking English or any other language besides Urdu I say "Ramadan" because those languages have borrowed the original word from Arabic. However when speaking Urdu it is only second nature to say "Ramzaan".

  32. #592
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    34,440
    Mentioned
    2577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    Common sense says it should be a non-issue. When speaking English or any other language besides Urdu I say "Ramadan" because those languages have borrowed the original word from Arabic. However when speaking Urdu it is only second nature to say "Ramzaan".
    Exactly.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  33. #593
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    4,784
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BUMP: As'salamu Alaikum

    Ramzan/Ramadhan/Ramadan right around the corner

    This is a reminder for me first and a reminder for you

    If your Taqwa doesn't increase from the beginning to end of this blessed month, then please DON'T starve yourself. This month is mostly to increase your Taqwa. Only Boot camp atmosphere can achieve this. Take it easy at the beginning so that you end it (heavy lifting in the last 10 days) on a high note. Remember this is not a sprint but a marathon.

    So get ready, read up on how to increase it, what are the signs that it has increased etc. Etc. (Sheikh Google is there or you can ask and I can provide some of them here)

    Keep me in your prayers and I will do the same.
    Last edited by BD-fan; 17th April 2019 at 00:40.


    Forgive when you are on top. Don't you want to be forgiven?

  34. #594
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    11,577
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BD-fan View Post
    BUMP: As'salamu Alaikum

    Ramzan/Ramadhan/Ramadan right around the corner

    This is a reminder for me first and a reminder for you

    If your Taqwa doesn't increase from the beginning to end of this blessed month, then please DON'T starve yourself. This month is mostly to increase your Taqwa. Only Boot camp atmosphere can achieve this. Take it easy at the beginning so that you end it (heavy lifting in the last 10 days) on a high note. Remember this is not a sprint but a marathon.

    So get ready, read up on how to increase it, what are the signs that it has increased etc. Etc. (Sheikh Google is there or you can ask and I can provide some of them here)

    Keep me in your prayers and I will do the same.
    I've always wondered about this. If you are someone who isn't doing the other essentials like praying 5 times a day consistently. Shouldn't you get that part of your life sorted out before taking on fasting? What is a fast if you can't pray 5 times a day etc?

  35. #595
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    1,692
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    I've always wondered about this. If you are someone who isn't doing the other essentials like praying 5 times a day consistently. Shouldn't you get that part of your life sorted out before taking on fasting? What is a fast if you can't pray 5 times a day etc?
    No this isnt the correct line of thinking.
    Fasting is one obligation and prayers is another.If you arent doing one you will definitely get the sin/punishment of that and you need to sort it out but that doesnt mean you leave the other obligation as well and increase your sins.Thats shaytan's way of influencing our thinking.

    Its very simple.If you miss a quiz in a university that doesnt mean you are now deliberately not going to submit your assignment as well just because you skipped the quiz.you will definitely get a zero in the quiz but there will be seperate marking for the assignment and you need to submit that.

  36. #596
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    102,799
    Mentioned
    1847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    A happy and purposeful Ramadan or Ramzaan to all!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  37. #597
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,417
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ramdhan Mubarak. It comes so quickly.

    An opportunity for us all to discard our sinful ways.

  38. #598
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    26,023
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I used to mock those who used Ramadan as a month of redemption, but it worked well for me last year so I will use it again.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  39. #599
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    30,428
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    In before the Ramadan Kareem vs Ramzan Mubarak fight.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  40. #600
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    1,712
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ramadan Mubarak. During this righteous and blessed month, may Allah swt. forgive our sins and shower us all with his blessings and mercy.


  41. #601
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    2,974
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ramadhan Mubarak to everyone!

  42. #602
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,927
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramadan Mubarak to all those who adhere to it.

    I personally am not going to follow the official Islamic rules and allow for a sip of water here and there. My personal motivation is not to please Allah but for the health benefits and as a mean to cherish the bond with my Muslim family and friends. Though they won't know about the sip of water.

  43. #603
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,283
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ramazan Mubarak to all.

  44. #604
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    604
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramadan Mubarak to everyone.This time around I m contemplating if I m going to fast or not.I have exams whole month.It is going to be difficult I guess.

  45. #605
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    8,825
    Mentioned
    1045 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    Ramadan Mubarak to all those who adhere to it.

    I personally am not going to follow the official Islamic rules and allow for a sip of water here and there. My personal motivation is not to please Allah but for the health benefits and as a mean to cherish the bond with my Muslim family and friends. Though they won't know about the sip of water.
    Health benefits? You're starving yourself.


    Dirty Money give me dirty looks
    Spend a day with us, you can write 30 books

  46. #606
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,927
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Health benefits? You're starving yourself.
    As long as I am eating enough in suhoor and Iftar it should be all good and little risk if starvation.

    I haven't searched the health benefits of Ramadan style fasting specifically but with all the hype around intermittent fasting there got to be one or two. If not atleast I could lose some extra fat and detox the body. For me the primary motivation is the bond with others. Especially since the atmosphere and the vibe of Ramadan is something I have enjoyed throughout the years. Ignoring the Taraweeh part.

  47. #607
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramazan mubarak guys

  48. #608
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,735
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Health benefits? You're starving yourself.
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2018062914156


    "i'M sOrRy, i'M nOt sUpPosED tO teLl yoU tHiS"

  49. #609
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,974
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Intermittent fasting is a revelation. I've been doing it intermittently (pun intended) for years now, and it makes fat loss a breeze, especially when coupled with a low-carb diet and a strength program. Martin Berkhan, the authority on IF, recommends a reverse pyramid training template to go with the fasting protocol.

    That said, being used to fasting 16 hours a day as I was, I thought Ramzan would be easier for me than it had been prior to adopting IF. It really isn't the case. The 16-hour IF fast includes sleeping hours, and non-caloric beverages are allowed. In Ramzan, it is the thirst that gets you. Staying hungry is easy as long as you can have water. I've twice done week-long fasts, which help reset your relationship with food if you've been careless and have put on some fat, and they're easy enough to do as long as there's a water bottle nearby.

    I'm dreading tomorrow's roza, even though I've been back on IF for a few months now. It will be brutal, like first rozas are every year.


    Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

  50. #610
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    2,008
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramzan Mubarik everyone.

  51. #611
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    3,732
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ramadan Mubarak everyone..

  52. #612
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    7,961
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ramadan Mubarak to all.

  53. #613
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,304
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramzaan mubarak everyone!

  54. #614
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,874
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ramadan Mubarak to all Muslim posters

  55. #615
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    700
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramadan Mubarak everyone

  56. #616
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    13,783
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    We start tomorrow.

  57. #617
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,974
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Have we had our annual Muneeb-Popalzai kerfuffle yet or is that due today?


    Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

  58. #618
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    23,202
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Have we had our annual Muneeb-Popalzai kerfuffle yet or is that due today?
    dunno but i was reading its Fawad Chaudhry vs Mullahs these days


    #MPGA

  59. #619
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    1,692
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Have we had our annual Muneeb-Popalzai kerfuffle yet or is that due today?
    It already happened yesterday.
    Ruet e Hilal committe did not spot the moon so Ramadhan did not start today but is due tomorrow but Popalzai rejected the decision and announced the first fast today so it was observed in Peshawar etc today,i guess.

  60. #620
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    30,428
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Have we had our annual Muneeb-Popalzai kerfuffle yet or is that due today?
    Heard the latter had invented a new moon yesterday.

    Fawad made all the headlines this time, though.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  61. #621
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan-Italia-Deutschland
    Runs
    6,904
    Mentioned
    1359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Missed the first fast due to fever. Will start from tonight inshallah. I’m also worried about my squash training. I don’t think I can train while fasting. I’ll be on the floor in minutes due to dehydration. Anyone else who had similar problem and perhaps any suggestion how to tackle it? Thanks

  62. #622
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,974
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    dunno but i was reading its Fawad Chaudhry vs Mullahs these days
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Patriot View Post
    It already happened yesterday.
    Ruet e Hilal committe did not spot the moon so Ramadhan did not start today but is due tomorrow but Popalzai rejected the decision and announced the first fast today so it was observed in Peshawar etc today,i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Heard the latter had invented a new moon yesterday.

    Fawad made all the headlines this time, though.
    Today was a blur if ever there was one. I vaguely registered something about Fawad Chaudhry ordering the moonsighting committee a giant telescope so we can avoid this controversy next year.

    Itís a waste of money in my book. I for one quite prefer the feisty Mr. Popalzai over the dour Mr. Muneeb. Whatís better than Eid? Two Eids, thatís what.

    By the way, Popalzais are Afghan royalty, as any student of history would tell you. If fate had taken a different course, this gentleman couldíve been king across the Durand Line. Instead he doubles our Eids every year, for which he deserves to be commended.

  63. #623
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    26,211
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ramzaan Mubarak to every one

    First fast of 20 hours went quite well Alhamdulillah, only 28/29 more to go


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  64. #624
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    517
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Ramzaan Mubarak to every one

    First fast of 20 hours went quite well Alhamdulillah, only 28/29 more to go
    Mashallah bhai may Allah Pak give you health & courage for the entire month & BTW 20 hrs are too long.

  65. #625
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    26,211
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaid_ahmed View Post
    Mashallah bhai may Allah Pak give you health & courage for the entire month & BTW 20 hrs are too long.
    Ameen, thank you and same to you brother. The days are getting even longer so in the end it will be 21 hours.
    Yes they are long but human body is very flexible and slowly it getís used to not getting food and drink for 20 hours, alhamdulillah.
    I even managed 45 minutes work out while fasting, important to do it close to iftaar in case things donít go as planned.
    I think this is the best time to get in shape, work hard, calorie-deficit and a big protein-shake at Iftaar


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  66. #626
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    458
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ramadhaan Mubarak

  67. #627
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    7,961
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Nostalgic do you mind me asking where you live? Are you in Pak again these days?

    Also, what's a food that stays in your stomach the longest but also isnt unhealthy

  68. #628
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    7,961
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    In before the Ramadan Kareem vs Ramzan Mubarak fight.

    It's the most annoying part of PakPassion/liberal Pakistanis authors.

    Could you imagine English speakers removed French and German words from their vocab to keep it British?

  69. #629
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,974
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    @Nostalgic do you mind me asking where you live? Are you in Pak again these days?

    Also, what's a food that stays in your stomach the longest but also isnt unhealthy
    Iím in Colorado. How about you? Still in North Carolina or have you moved?

    Proteins and complex carbs would take the longest to digest. Haleem/hareesa is therefore the perfect sehri food, since itís got several whole grains, lots of protein and a good helping of fat. Thereís a reason itís mentioned in the sunnat as a sehri food.

    A scoop of casein protein would work too. Just donít add it to the haleem.


    Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

  70. #630
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    7,961
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Iím in Colorado. How about you? Still in North Carolina or have you moved?

    Proteins and complex carbs would take the longest to digest. Haleem/hareesa is therefore the perfect sehri food, since itís got several whole grains, lots of protein and a good helping of fat. Thereís a reason itís mentioned in the sunnat as a sehri food.

    A scoop of casein protein would work too. Just donít add it to the haleem.
    I actually moved out of NC for a few years but am back there now (another job opportunity). I thought you were in Cali or NYC. Plan on visiting Colarado some day and maybe we can meet as well. Actually, would be cool to have a pakpassion North America meetup!

    I'm going to try Haleem then. I hope desi ghee is also good for you because I love the fried onions. I'm guessing chicken would be healthier than beef but you just cant beat a beef Haleem. I'm getting so hungry now....

  71. #631
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,974
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    I actually moved out of NC for a few years but am back there now (another job opportunity). I thought you were in Cali or NYC. Plan on visiting Colarado some day and maybe we can meet as well. Actually, would be cool to have a pakpassion North America meetup!

    I'm going to try Haleem then. I hope desi ghee is also good for you because I love the fried onions. I'm guessing chicken would be healthier than beef but you just cant beat a beef Haleem. I'm getting so hungry now....
    Certainly, if you ever visit, let me know and we will try to get the calendars in sync.

    Desi ghee is fine in moderation. As far as dietary fats go, there are far worse ones than ghee. Beef is fine too in moderation, even if lean white meat is better for the heart.


    Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

  72. #632
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    7,961
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Today's Iftaar: Beef Bihari Kebab with Paratha. I'm so healthy.

  73. #633
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,927
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty crazy eating and sleeping schedule this Ramadan. Can't seem to fall asleep after eating Sehri. And before Sehri i hardly sleep for 3 hours. I feel so energized after sehri that I don't know what to do. Since I must sleep and wake up for life commitments.

    Didn't have this issue in previous Ramadan. Not sure if it's because this Ramadan I am having a healthy Oats and fruits for sehri instead of the heavy "Anda Paratha aur Dehi" sehri or if it's just the pressure to fall asleep on the spot.

  74. #634
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    26,211
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    Today's Iftaar: Beef Bihari Kebab with Paratha. I'm so healthy.
    Ma sha Allah. Ethe rakh!

    My iftaari: Paratha with spicy red kidney beans and pakodhe of course.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  75. #635
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    26,211
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    I’m in Colorado. How about you? Still in North Carolina or have you moved?

    Proteins and complex carbs would take the longest to digest. Haleem/hareesa is therefore the perfect sehri food, since it’s got several whole grains, lots of protein and a good helping of fat. There’s a reason it’s mentioned in the sunnat as a sehri food.

    A scoop of casein protein would work too. Just don’t add it to the haleem.
    Thanks for the advices. But mutton dishes at sehri is too heavy for me at least.

    Paratha with turkish yogurt has worked quite well for me for many many years. And if you add water with chia seeds, you will not feel hungry for 20 hours.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •