Venue
    Calgary
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful Azad Kashmir

hi guys if you get a chance to go to Pakistan next year , do visit these two places in kashmir
    i have been to Tooli peer , its memorizing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9xWU...eature=related

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rawalakot's a must, that's where my maternal family lives, how lucky I am.

The Neelum Valley too is quite the scene:

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the first docu., @ 3: 40 they are a group of peoples we call "bakriwale" (goatherds), they're, in the whole of Kashmir, three million ; two third of them being in Azad Kashmir, the rest in Indian-Occupied Kashmir.
    There are some hundreds of them in the Kaghan Valley too, which is situated in Manshera and is the "natural" border between KPK and AJK (Neelum Valley.)
    Those there speak Hindko generally ; some of them :

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some from Indian Occupied Kashmir - a lot of them fought as mudjahideen earlier on.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The people there look like they are from Ireland or something!!! Red Heads in Subcontinent is very interesting.
    Somebody needs to do a genetic test. These guys could be from Western Europe with no intermixing with other groups of India and Pak.

The ones on the Indian side seem to have mixed with Indian ethnic groups. They look more Indian than the one in Pak side.
    Last edited by mithun_minhas; 23rd July 2012 at 13:30.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Cannot see any pubs in background..... so definitely not Irish

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mithun_minhas View Post
    The people there look like they are from Ireland or something!!! Red Heads in Subcontinent is very interesting.
    Somebody needs to do a genetic test. These guys could be from Western Europe with no intermixing with other groups of India and Pak.

The ones on the Indian side seem to have mixed with Indian ethnic groups. They look more Indian than the one in Pak side.
    When I went to Kashmir I saw lots of them, and always thought that they looked like "Pathans", not really Europeans.
    In fact, there are some of them who live in Afghanistan (few thousands), but they never suffered from the same discrimination as the Punjabis who lived there who were called "Hindki" - some say it's because they are Muslims (whereas Punjabis were generally Sikh traders), others because they "look" Afghans.

BTW, they are an "Indian" ethnicity, they speak Gojri which is a language related to Rajasthani.
    My father, to you, probably looks more "West European" if that's the case with them.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akheR View Post
    When I went to Kashmir I saw lots of them, and always thought that they looked like "Pathans", not really Europeans.
    In fact, there are some of them who live in Afghanistan (few thousands), but they never suffered from the same discrimination as the Punjabis who lived there who were called "Hindki" - some say it's because they are Muslims (whereas Punjabis were generally Sikh traders), others because they "look" Afghans.

BTW, they are an "Indian" ethnicity, they speak Gojri which is a language related to Rajasthani.
    My father, to you, probably looks more "West European" if that's the case with them.
    If a typical person in Pak Kashmir looks like the pics you posted, then they are White Euros. If they are not, then I don't know what white people are. They look white as hell to me.

Some one with pale white skin, colored eyes, blonde, brown, red hair is white.

Indian side Kashmiris also have people with the above features, but a lot of them do not have colored eyes nor they have blonde/red hair. They look like North Indians with lighter skin or look just like them.
    May be the Kashmiri people on Indian side mixed a lot with people from Jammu.

I remember your Pic. You look like a Desi. You did not seem to inherit anything from your dad then.
    Last edited by mithun_minhas; 23rd July 2012 at 13:49.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mithun_minhas View Post
    If a typical person in Pak Kashmir looks like the pics you posted, then they are White Euros. If they are not, then I don't know what white people are. They look white as hell to me.

Some one with pale white skin, colored eyes, blonde, brown, red hair is white.

Indian side Kashmiris also have people with the above features, but a lot of them do not have colored eyes nor they have blonde/red hair. They look like North Indians with lighter skin or look just like them.
    May be the Kashmiri people on Indian side mixed a lot with people from Jammu.

I remember your Pic. You look like a Desi. You did not seem to inherit anything from your dad then.
    Well, in Azad Kashmir too the demographics are different, and these are not representative : the Bakerwals/Gujjars look the most "West Asian" (or what you call "White", though I disagree), then peoples from in and around Muzaffarabad who look like peoples of the Valley and finally those from Mirpur-Dadyal who look like other Punjabis because they are Punjabis (speaking the Potohari dialect.)
    So there's not "one" look common in all the Pak. Kashmir (in fact I'd say it's more diverse than Indian Kashmir.)

My family is Pahari Rajput and, yes, I inherited the traits from my mother side, but I don't like the term "desi".

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, in Azad Kashmir too the demographics are different, and these are not representative : the Bakerwals/Gujjars look the most "West Asian" (or what you call "White", though I disagree), then peoples from in and around Muzaffarabad who look like peoples of the Valley and finally those from Mirpur-Dadyal who look like other Punjabis because they are Punjabis (speaking the Potohari dialect.)
    So there's not "one" look common in all the Pak. Kashmir (in fact I'd say it's more diverse than Indian Kashmir.)

My family is Pahari Rajput and, yes, I inherited the traits from my mother side, but I don't like the term "desi".
    Why? Aren't Pak People desi?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this guy looks like mohamed ahmadinejad with a turban

Always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job Because he will find an easy way to do it.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gilgit Baltistan is extremely beautiful region. In fact the most beautiful in Pakistan.

A fan of outcasts of Cricket. Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only this kid looks proper european; the rest do seem to have a distinct pathan-esque look from the pics above. Akher has expained the demographic across AJK well

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJK View Post

Only this kid looks proper european; the rest do seem to have a distinct pathan-esque look from the pics above. Akher has expained the demographic across AJK well
    ugly ginger.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even all the people from Mirpur/Dadyal do not look punjabi, my family has a real mix of light hair/eyes, fair skin to people who could easily be mistaken from South east asian. If genetic testing was done in the kashmir region it would throw up loads of interesting things as I for one would love to know my ethnic make up.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But all this pics are from Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, where are Azad Kashmir pics?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salma_T View Post
    Even all the people from Mirpur/Dadyal do not look punjabi, my family has a real mix of light hair/eyes, fair skin to people who could easily be mistaken from South east asian. If genetic testing was done in the kashmir region it would throw up loads of interesting things as I for one would love to know my ethnic make up.
    It's not really about light hair/eyes, skin-tone, ... but facial features, I myself have seen some Mirpuris with light eyes but they look different from the Bakkerwals, who have really long head/long nose (which in fact gives them their pseudo-"Pathan" looks.)
    To add about the demographics of Azad Kashmir, there are since few years also tons of Pathans... esp. in Mirpur, where they go for jobs.

Anyway that thread turned out more about anthropology to geography, some other pictures.

The Leepa Valley (where -Noora's family comes from):

Dowarian Lake

Neelfarry Meadows

Chitta Katha Lake

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gilgit Baltistan is technically not Azad Kashmir, but parts of the greatet Kashmir, and easily the most beautiful out there:

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Courtesy M. Atif Saeed @ Flickr for the last post's pictures and following

Passu lake, Passu, Gilgit, Pakistan (photographer called it "Mordor" : p)

Rush Lake 4694m, Hopper, Gilgit, Pakistan.

Hunza,Gilgit,Pakistan.

Skardu,Pakistan.

Shyok River, Khaplu, Skardu, Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2008
    Venue
    In Peace
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing pictures!

"You're just an honest man with a way with words, how dare they accuse you!" G

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Superb pictures. Himalayas give some of the most breathtaking landscape ever. I was in Ladakh a few weeks back, it was amazingggg.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gilgit Baltistan is the most beautiful part of the historical greater Kashmir state. No doubt about it.

A fan of outcasts of Cricket. Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most famous Kashmiri of Pakistan

Most famous Kashmiri of India

Govt. treatment of refugees from Indian Occupied Kashmir

Fellow Raja from IoK telling how the Indians "thanked" him for his ages-long services in their police:

Woman raped by Indian soldiers:

Kashmiri who got his leg cut off by the prophets of world's largest democracy:

Can't blame them for crossing the line, there are shaheeds literally everyday ; just today, the victim was a 20-years old Hilal Ahmed Dar from Bandipora. Inna lillahi wa inna ilahi rajiun.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Leepa Valley (where -Noora's family comes from):

nawaz sharif is not from leepa his father is from east punjab amritsar and his family migrated to lahore during partition, their original ancestory is from indian side of kashmir and his family come from the kashmir valley shopian area they are kashmiris of lohar caste due to them being in Lahore and east Punjab , where here is strong arain background they adopted the mian name from the arains.

the leepa tehsil is part of hattian bala district

both my mums and dads village come in hattian tehsil

which comes under muzzfrabad division

also i thought u said u are from bhimber and are chib rajput who are of hindu dogra origins , unless your family migrated to rawalakot recently as part of the government sector employment. since chibs are not found in rawalkot and poonch division area.

chibs are a found in mirpur bhimber kotli and neighboruing areas of punjab gujrat distict they are not associated with rawalakot which is mainly associated with sudhans(Sadozais) and douli mughals,
    these people are totally different region to your mirpuris (mirpur, kotli bhimber) people. they speak poonchi which is different vernacular to potwari/mirpuri spoken in mirpur kotli and punjabi spoken in bhimber and border regions of gujrat in punjab.

one of my 2nd cousin also died in rawalakot he was in living in a hostel he studied at a college in rawalakot , around 300 boys died there were 2 survivors from the earthquake in their college building.
    Last edited by carbon11; 25th July 2012 at 16:09.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either Jonny Bairstow's mother visited kashmir or his ancestors had quite a lot of fun during British Raj

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    England/ Mirpur AJK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    Either Jonny Bairstow's mother visited kashmir or his ancestors had quite a lot of fun during British Raj

A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

Malcolm X

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    England/ Mirpur AJK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some fantastic pictures mashallah

A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

Malcolm X

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    DEVILs BASEMENT
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its beautiful

lolz at the ginger. most of the people look pashtun

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon11 View Post
    nawaz sharif is not from leepa his father is from east punjab amritsar and his family migrated to lahore during partition, their original ancestory is from indian side of kashmir and his family come from the kashmir valley shopian area they are kashmiris of lohar caste due to them being in Lahore and east Punjab , where here is strong arain background they adopted the mian name from the arains.
    Well, saw some itw of a native of the Leepa valley who said that "it's sad that Mian sahab doesn't give due importance to Kashmir, despite being born in this very place (talking of Leepa Valley.)"

But anyway, Mian sahab's still a Kashmiri, and that's enough of a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by carbon11 View Post
    also i thought u said u are from bhimber and are chib rajput who are of hindu dogra origins , unless your family migrated to rawalakot recently as part of the government sector employment. since chibs are not found in rawalkot and poonch division area.

chibs are a found in mirpur bhimber kotli and neighboruing areas of punjab gujrat distict they are not associated with rawalakot which is mainly associated with sudhans(Sadozais) and douli mughals,
    these people are totally different region to your mirpuris (mirpur, kotli bhimber) people. they speak poonchi which is different vernacular to potwari/mirpuri spoken in mirpur kotli and punjabi spoken in bhimber and border regions of gujrat in punjab.

one of my 2nd cousin also died in rawalakot he was in living in a hostel he studied at a college in rawalakot , around 300 boys died there were 2 survivors from the earthquake in their college building.
    I'm a Rajput but not of Chib tribe, Khakha ; my paternal family is in Bhimber dist. (some minutes far away from IoK border) and they could have moved earlier on, but my maternal family was from Poonch on the Indian side, and when the Dogra Army went crazy they had to move to Rawalakot.
    But, always speaking on my maternal side, they have all now moved to Mirpur city, minus my maternal great-grandmother who's still there... nostalgic, I guess.
    When I go back to Pakistan I generally stay in my father's village (called Darhal Gangan) and not more than few weeks in Mirpur itself.

And I thought that Rajputs were found all over Kashmir... only Sudhans are geographically limited as far as I know ?

Sad to hear about your cousin, it was indeed a disaster, in my village (Bhimber) a lots of houses were destroyed but thankfully no human casualty, we were lucky in that regard.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A look around the beautiful Leepa Valley. Leepa is usually in full bloom in he summer months (July/August) although this video was shot in. This place is located just the below the line of control and consequently suffers from Indian shelling from time to time.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    amazing pictures inshallah will take husband and son to visit the beauty of kashmir. Yes I agree not just skin tone etc but people in my family look different with a quite a far eastern look with certain members looking as if they have just stepped out of mongolia.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Birmingham, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A girl who is very close to me is from neat Tollipeer- the place is called Abbaspur and very beautiful

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Beyond The Wall
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful pics, i feel so sad for Kashmir and it's people. Heaven on Earth.

What is dead may never die.

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most famous Kashmiri of Pakistan

Most famous Kashmiri of India

Govt. treatment of refugees from Indian Occupied Kashmir

Fellow Raja from IoK telling how the Indians "thanked" him for his ages-long services in their police:

Woman raped by Indian soldiers:

Kashmiri who got his leg cut off by the prophets of world's largest democracy:

Can't blame them for crossing the line, there are shaheeds literally everyday ; just today, the victim was a 20-years old Hilal Ahmed Dar from Bandipora. Inna lillahi wa inna ilahi rajiun.

Wow.. Every single thread needs a dig at India. Why ?

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khakay muzzfrabad nay awaseh sakh van, oh rawalakot nay awaseh ne kebun, ar pegeh de belkh khail
    Kebun yan, minay luun kaum/khail kebuni eh

Sad to hear about your cousin, it was indeed a disaster, in my village (Bhimber) a lots of houses were destroyed but thankfully no human casualty, we were lucky in that regard
    was bhimber/mirpur division affected by the quake?

Zalzala der nuksan kir se, der tabayan machayan kebun se
    Mina ay guman ehn ta darwagh wehel seray ay
    Baytar e ta darwagha na derba , o rasti wayeli shor

But anyway, Mian sahab's still a Kashmiri, and that's enough of a tragedy.
    well nawaz sharif is not from leepa

the person must have been saying is that nwaz sharif is a kashmiri and has done nothing for kashmir, he probably meant in that context that sharif is a fellow kashmiri.
    after what happened in 1999 kargil war when ganja ran off to clinton yes he his true nature was revealed.

but then again his ties with kashmir are like that of irish american they have no real connection to the land

nwaz sharif is punjabi , its like irish americans who no longer have ties to ireland but have ancestory from ireland but they are americans and have no foothold in ireland anymore

punjabi kashmiris they have no ties to kashmir anymore apart from ancestors who migrated from kashmir many generations ago they have forgoton the culture local dialeect lingos dress everything and intermingled with punjabis and learnt their corrupt ways look no further than salman salmon machi butt.
    Last edited by carbon11; 26th July 2012 at 16:07.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasim_Waqar View Post
    A girl who is very close to me is from neat Tollipeer- the place is called Abbaspur and very beautiful
    amen

Roodan Rawalakot teh pooran poonch e baree sohni jaga vehn , bala trar , uchiyan cheeran teh diyar,
    Tandiyan yak va’wan garmeenyach, the sohni tup na banda dakbar
    oveh , sohnay werz jayray badal nin, sardiyanch barf tehni, poorah but tari jana veh.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stunning pictures, will defo visit next time in Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Planned to visit AZK last time i went but with all the rain and flooding i was advised against. My nan was born there and the paternal line is also from there, going back 4 generations.