Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Alfalah Mini Golf, Lahoris most favorite time pass

Not Just Mini Golf!

The Alfalah Mini Golf attraction has been a favorite haunt of Lahoris and their guests for a few years now. What is most striking about this place is that it isn't just mini golf any more!

Located in a very vast and beautifully transformed park owned by the Parks & Horticultural Authority (Govt. of Punjab), there are actually several independently operated entertainment ventures on premise. There's the original mini golf, managed by Shah Sharabeel, row boats managed by Hammad Qureshi, and then, F-1 Traxx, managed by a young entrepreneur, Luqman Afzal.

The sheer variety of entertainment options has now made this venue a hot favorite with the young and old alike. Here's the inspiring story of how it all came about and some pictures to bring you a flavor of the real thing!

F-1 Traxx

Luqman Afzal's venture started in 2002, three years after the Alfalah Mini Golf attraction opened in the erstwhile dumping ground (literally!), transformed into a beautiful park in 1999 by the Govt. of Punjab, under the supervision of Mr. Kamran Lashari, on Mr. Shahbaz Sharif's behest. Inspired by the opportunity, and with some money in his pocket, Luqman decided to take his own idea to track...literally. He started with a track for remote controlled cars, hence the name F-1 Traxx. Persistently and consistently, Luqman worked on making his first phase a success. "There were many hardships of course; the cars would break down all the time, and I'd have to stay on track till 4 a.m. fixing them for the next day."

Luqman Afzal's venture started in 2002, three years after the Alfalah Mini Golf attraction opened in the erstwhile dumping ground (literally!), transformed into a beautiful park in 1999 by the Govt. of Punjab, under the supervision of Mr. Kamran Lashari, on Mr. Shahbaz Sharif's behest. Inspired by the opportunity, and with some money in his pocket, Luqman decided to take his own idea to track...literally. He started with a track for remote controlled cars, hence the name F-1 Traxx. Persistently and consistently, Luqman worked on making his first phase a success. "There were many hardships of course; the cars would break down all the time, and I'd have to stay on track till 4 a.m. fixing them for the next day."

The lovely, comfortable "tree house" which provides an unparalleled place for small groups to enjoy great food, sheesha, or just different kinds of special drinks in a great atmosphere.

There are several seating areas to accommodate different groups of guests. The rights of admission are very strictly reserved and enforced. "I'm very conscious of curious people who can't stop looking at what's happening on the next table. We also don't want any of our guests to feel uncomfortable. So we make sure

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mini basket ball court (above) and snooker lounge on the right and below.

The architectural principles ensure a "see-through" design so that nobody is closed-in at any point in the venue.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All in all, we love the place! And we strongly recommend it as a must-visit site to anyone traveling to Lahore in the future. Take your appetite along and definitely try the cheese nan, burgers, shish tawouk, and even the pizza. Go with your friends, family, or just by yourself for a quick reprieve from the rush and madness of urban life, without leaving town.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Apnay ghar mai - aur kahan ?
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    During the day its nice place for the family and kids to have a little game of mini golf - at night time, well its where the young boys and girls of Lahore gather ( wonder what the parents think their kids are upto ) There is smell of Sheesha and cigarette smoke at night - the atmosphere is totally different !

Debut
    Nov 2004
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what, my dear young man, where you doing there at night then? haein?

i still think 1:00 PM parathay 'breakfasts' would be the number one pastime for Lahoris.

"To remain silent is to be an accomplice. To speak out is to be an infidel." - Sachal Sarmast

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInGreen
    During the day its nice place for the family and kids to have a little game of mini golf - at night time, well its where the young boys and girls of Lahore gather ( wonder what the parents think their kids are upto ) There is smell of Sheesha and cigarette smoke at night - the atmosphere is totally different !

well it was made for young lads to hangout and chill there and for dating.

Debut
    Jan 2004
    Venue
    East Midz
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks cool!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much is it to enter?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i miss pakistan

Debut
    Oct 2003
    Venue
    Neptune
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there many times at night and day!

It is a nice place. Pakistan needs more places like this. The last thing Pakistan needs is a bored and frustrated youth with nothing to entertain themselves with.

Though last time I went I could smell a lot more than just kebabs, cigerettes and sheesha! ahem.

Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    Hemskyville
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, that looks nice...must have to visit lahore some day...

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well this was built long time ago, the amount of crowds which use to be there a few years ago is no more today, its much quiter and more peacefull nowadays because now theres lots of new cafes and hangouts places made in dha and mm alam road.

Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mini golf is so 2003.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Higher State of Consciousness
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there ten-pin indoor bowling alleys in pak?

Pakistan Cricket Needs You!!!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toonboy_awaisyboy™
    is there ten-pin indoor bowling alleys in pak?

yup. area51 - karachi, hot shots - islamabad. there must b 1 in lahore too

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Austin, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sana
    yup. area51 - karachi, hot shots - islamabad. there must b 1 in lahore too
    Yep. There is bowling in Lahore at Shapes which is near Pace.

As for the Golf club, I have been there at least three times a few years back. Twice with my ex and once with my friends. Didn't know they upgraded that place so much. Had some really fun times there.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    My computer in Lahore Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive been to hot spot....and man that is the place for dating.......and the kids who come there r totally mod.....girls wearing shirts and jeans though guys wear jeans ofcourse......same as wat i wear....

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there was a new bowling center opened at fortress infront of the cinema last time i went pak.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani_banda
    ive been to hot spot....and man that is the place for dating.......and the kids who come there r totally mod.....girls wearing shirts and jeans though guys wear jeans ofcourse......same as wat i wear....

last time i went there all i saw around was french kissing.