Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does no one mention Abdul Qadir?

Most People On Pakpssion Love To Talk About Ajmal Doing well Currently, Or maybe The Legacy Of Saqlain Mushtaq Or Mushtaq Ahmad. I Belive Qadir Was A Great Spinner But No One Ever Mentions Him.

Is It Because The Others Are Better? Or Is He Under-Rated?

I Have Always Been Baffled By This

you cant have success until you fail that is why Pakistan is in a great position

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reason is i think most of use never saw him bowl

i am 28 soon and i started watching cricket in 92, qadir i beleive only played upto 90sss

but beleive me from what i have read he had the most variety then any spinner pakistan has produced!!!

He was so highly rated a young shane warne flew to pakistan to learn from him

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azimiqbal View Post
    reason is i think most of use never saw him bowl

i am 28 soon and i started watching cricket in 92, qadir i beleive only played upto 90sss

but beleive me from what i have read he had the most variety then any spinner pakistan has produced!!!

He was so highly rated a young shane warne flew to pakistan to learn from him
    Here is your chance to watch him play;

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think you should start talking to adults.

Qadir is a legitimate spin legend acknowledged by fellow greats, even Richie Benaud and Chappell like old folks. I heard he had more variety than Shane Warne, that's saying something. On top of everything, he's been a role model after retirement. Always gives great interviews. I just love listening to him. Some great stories.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ video , men look at his googly..spun big time!!

wow what a bowler we had!!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I like many others here never saw him play thats why.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Probably had the most lethal wrong'un going around, ever.

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He had two versions of just a wrong'un, in his own words, how badass is that?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He is not under rated .... just because he is not talked about does not mean he was not good. There are many great players not talked about here.

Fear the Creator ..... not the created.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't you remember in Shahid Afridis exact words? So no haven't forgotten about him

"Abdul Qadir teach me, and Ahh, He really give me a good time"

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    I think you should start talking to adults.

Qadir is a legitimate spin legend acknowledged by fellow greats, even Richie Benaud and Chappell like old folks. I heard he had more variety than Shane Warne, that's saying something. On top of everything, he's been a role model after retirement. Always gives great interviews. I just love listening to him. Some great stories.
    There was a World XI picking happening in year 2000. Great old players were on the panel. Qadir was not o the list of players to be picked. When the category of spinners was being decided, Dickie Bird gave his vote for Warne, but he also said, since Qadir was not on the list hence he had no option but to pick Warne. Otherwise Qadir was head and shoulders above al of them,

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakiman740 View Post
    Most People On Pakpssion Love To Talk About Ajmal Doing well Currently, Or maybe The Legacy Of Saqlain Mushtaq Or Mushtaq Ahmad. I Belive Qadir Was A Great Spinner But No One Ever Mentions Him.

Is It Because The Others Are Better? Or Is He Under-Rated?

I Have Always Been Baffled By This
    Most players of that ear were under-rated arring a few, because it was not as commercial a game as it is now. They would give lifetime performances, bowl a ball of the century, but quitely go back to the bowling line-up to deliver the next ball. The batsmen would hit unbeleivable shots, but would show no emotions whatsoever. Today, when someone hits a four he just goes ape, same thing with bowlers, they take a wicket on ordinary balls and the celeberations would start like there is no tomorrow. It is more hyped these days, but trust me, today;s cricketers are no match against the greats of days gone by,

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Best legspinner in the history of the game

Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canistani Hero View Post
    Best legspinner in the history of the game

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Abdul Qadir started the revival of legspin bowling when it was dying a slow death.

Dickie Bird, one of the greatest Umpires of all time, picks Abdul Qadir ahead of Shane Warne as the best spinner he has seen.
    Umpire Dickie Bird picks his best players that he saw during his lengthy career that spanned from the 1960s to the 1990s. Amongst the batsman he picks Barry Richards Viv Richards and David Gower. He selects Garry Sobers as the best ever allrounder amongst Kapil Dev Botham and Imran Khan. The best bowlers he saw included Dennis Lillee rated as the best Fred Trueman and the deadly accurate Andy Roberts. The best ever spinner? Abdul Qadir was the best ever followed by Derek Underwood and Shane Warne. The best fielding was done by the likes of Viv Richards in the World Cup final 1975 Harper running out Gooch and Alan Knott as the best ever keeper.
    http://cricketcrowd.com/displayvideo...ner+than+Warne
    Watch the video in the link above.

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is the legend. Try to play his balls in stick cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Saw him play..amazing spinner..if he were around today he would be a world record holder..interestingly salim malik played with him and toyed with warne..also sachin actually played him immensley in a warm up but also toyed with warne..the man had three different googlies..

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Saw him play..amazing spinner..if he were around today he would be a world record holder..interestingly salim malik played with him and toyed with warne..also sachin actually played him immensley in a warm up but also toyed with warne..the man had three different googlies..

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    yes i saw him play in the 80's too and there is no doubt that he is the greatest spinner in cricket history and a real pioneer. i think the remarkable thing is that he took his wickets at a time when umpires were unkind to give lbw's to spinners but he is clearly in the pantheon of cricketing legends. was a little under used in Odi's but then there wasnt that much cricket going on.

i saw an interview with Botham who met him a few years ago and reckoned he still had that zip and sharpness after all these years perhaps comes from running his academy. He has done a few stints on Radio 4 LW tms also and amazing how much cricket knowledge he has.

A real patriot and a real gem, hopefully he will be part of the PCB set up at some point.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Birmingham, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like people wondering why I loved Waqar so much when they only started watching cricket in 2003!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The majority of the people on Pakpassion are under 30 and as such their earliest cricketing memories are 1992 world cup, Waqar, Wasim, Miandad, Saeed Anwar, Saqi and Mushi.

Qadir was just a bit before that time. But whever you speak to the older generation they speak very highly of Qadir.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think one player not mentioned enough because none of us got to see him at all or much of him. Obviously I can't say much but from clips I have seen, the variations he had at the time were impressive. Loved his action, also others who played with him have spoken highly of him.

Our spin department has declined now. No spinners near the levels of. Qadir, Saq, Mushy, Afridi, Ajmal/

Alexis Sanchez. Theo Walcott. Azhar Ali. Haris Sohail. Fawad Alam. Orochimaru.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    because when he was playing i was sleeping in paradise

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    467 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Shane Warne was inspired by Qadir.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Very useful cricketer , contributed with bat also.

Fear the Creator ..... not the created.