Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Restaurant small business idea

    HI

    I want to get back to Pakistan to start a small fast-food restaurant business.......

    Guys please advice and suggest your ideas and how much its gonna cost for a small type fast food restaurant in lahore...

    Plan is to rent a place and then see how it progress.......



    You ideas and suggestion will be appreciated.


    Regards

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    8,112
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea. What kind of food do you plan to sell. American fast food like burger, pizza etc. If so my best advice is to keep your menu short. Make few but excellent dishes. That is how fast food restaurants make profit. Keep it simple, make tons of it and sell tons of it as you have to sell it for cheap. Also, try not to imitate the food of larger fast food chains, that will only make yours look like a cheap version of them. Make something unique or something common with your touch or twist to it.

    By the way, I have nothing to do with the food business. Just into eating food


    “I am not young enough to know everything.”

    ― Oscar Wilde

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    2,854
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A newcomer taking an international debutant's advice. Where are the seasoned pros?

  4. #4
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    9,356
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    food delivery is booming in Pakistan!


    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
    Vince Lombardi

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    404
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asifp View Post
    food delivery is booming in Pakistan!
    really .What kinda food ?

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    2,448
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From mopping the floor, to waiter to cashier to accountant to manager and more importantly to be CHIEF CHEFF.
    You must do ALL of the above job in restaurant industry for at least two years to know the in and outs and be aware of the hidden expense and dependency on employees.

    You will probably waste a lot of money if you have not done or substantially worked in this business before. Don't fall into the trap of "Doosray ki plate mein parra huva laddu barra nazar aata hai".
    Don't look at someone who owns a restaurant and looked to be making money and tell yourself ..,,, "Oh yaar ye tou barray paisay bana raha hai, chalo mein bhi yehi business karta hoon".

    Location, rent, payroll, taxes, cost of food, quality of served food, prices and many, many other factors play a vital role in business.

    Restaurant business usually have a better chance of success if the Chief Chef is the owner himself, or else you are at a total mercy of some parasite.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,215
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    good luck..been involved int he business all my life ..mazdoori meray bhai, if your ready for it!! its not easy!!

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,787
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much competition already


    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    468
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaleefa View Post
    From mopping the floor, to waiter to cashier to accountant to manager and more importantly to be CHIEF CHEFF.
    You must do ALL of the above job in restaurant industry for at least two years to know the in and outs and be aware of the hidden expense and dependency on employees.

    You will probably waste a lot of money if you have not done or substantially worked in this business before. Don't fall into the trap of "Doosray ki plate mein parra huva laddu barra nazar aata hai".
    Don't look at someone who owns a restaurant and looked to be making money and tell yourself ..,,, "Oh yaar ye tou barray paisay bana raha hai, chalo mein bhi yehi business karta hoon".

    Location, rent, payroll, taxes, cost of food, quality of served food, prices and many, many other factors play a vital role in business.

    Restaurant business usually have a better chance of success if the Chief Chef is the owner himself, or else you are at a total mercy of some parasite.

    I totally agree with your post, because I do all of that and much more. I own a restaurant and have acquired ownership of another one which I will be opening within the next couple of weeks. Most of my friends think it's really easy to make money in a food business when they look at daily turnover however there are many hidden cost which you only find out once you run the place yourself. But the biggest problem in food business in staff, if you dont know how to perform most of the activities in your food business, then you should just forget about it. You need to perfect everything before you go ahead opening your own place.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    18,643
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis love food , all kinds of it but there is already a lot of competition in Pakistan . You will need to be a bit creative with your marketing keeping in mind your customers as well as provide the best quality , hygiene and customer service .


    How much is it going to cost ? That honestly depends which area you want to open up your restaurant in . I would suggest open it up near a university or college !!

  11. #11
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    bangalore
    Runs
    13,869
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hire as your brand icon .. business ll be good


    Always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job Because he will find an easy way to do it.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    18,643
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ lol , delicious food at reasonable price is what will help you the most . The most famous places like Agha Juice , Student Biryani , Cafe Pyala , Javed Nihari , Phajjay ke paaye , started off on a small scale . To this day , their quality has not gone down a bit .

  13. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    5,142
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Website link below might be useful for you.

    http://www.menu-lahore.com/

  14. #14
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    1,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just, buy a starbucks franchise or burger king franchise and bring it to lahore. You will be a multi-billionaire in months. People here are crazy for hardees and Gloria jeans, they will go super berserk when they will see burger king or Starbucks.

    P.S: It is my secret wish to visit both of these restaurants once in my life. ;)

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    1,014
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by softmind82 View Post
    HI

    I want to get back to Pakistan to start a small fast-food restaurant business.......

    Guys please advice and suggest your ideas and how much its gonna cost for a small type fast food restaurant in lahore...

    Plan is to rent a place and then see how it progress.......



    You ideas and suggestion will be appreciated.


    Regards
    First and foremost, stay away from Karachi or you will have to add perpetually compounded bhatta to your operating cost...

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    18,643
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Yeh jo aag dil maiN lagi hai zamane maiN laga dooN ga
    Last edited by Looney; 28th September 2012 at 02:39.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    1,014
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Jo Quaid ka ghaddar hai woh maut ka haqdar hai

  18. #18
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    2,448
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustListen View Post
    Just, buy a starbucks franchise or burger king franchise and bring it to lahore. You will be a multi-billionaire in months. People here are crazy for hardees and Gloria jeans, they will go super berserk when they will see burger king or Starbucks.

    P.S: It is my secret wish to visit both of these restaurants once in my life. ;)
    Starbucks is a Jewish company that heavily supports Israel so if folks in Pakistan find about it during a protest then forget it.

    And Burger King/ Hadees ?? U gotta laugh at Pakistanis ... junk food that's usually consumed by poverty ridden and homeless folks is a delicacy in Pakistan.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    18,643
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarrar View Post
    ^ Jo Quaid ka ghaddar hai woh maut ka haqdar hai
    Lekin phir bhi kaise zinda Zarrar hai ?

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    404
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a suggestion, would you think Indian snacks like dosa,vada,idli, paav bhaji, samosa,kachori, choley tikki ,bhel ,paani poori etc would be viable in Pakistan ?

  21. #21
    Debut
    Aug 2008
    Venue
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Runs
    4,905
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck!! Lotsa hard work that!!! Hard work never killed anybody though!!!!

    Personally I think you should look at serving food that is "from home." Homestyle cooking seems to be a thing of the past! Serve the foods that are popular from the area that you wish to open the restaurant in. It will help that the ingredients are readily available!!

    Take the traditional style food and put your own spin on it!!!! Think it will work for you!!!!


    We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians - Madiba

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    2,997
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here in Europe Turkish Doner (and other Turkish stuff) is being sold in almost every street. Rare in pakistan. In fact only once I saw in lahore some guy selling it on street. As saadibaba said why not start with some thing new and unique, like Doner.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    1,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaleefa View Post
    Starbucks is a Jewish company that heavily supports Israel so if folks in Pakistan find about it during a protest then forget it.

    And Burger King/ Hadees ?? U gotta laugh at Pakistanis ... junk food that's usually consumed by poverty ridden and homeless folks is a delicacy in Pakistan.
    They will do nothing. KFC and McDonalds are also owned by non-muslims? Do they did anything to it?
    These protesters can only harm the poor like those suicide bombers who go kill the poor rather than killing those who are illegal acquiring wealth and making homes in DHA.

    Hardees and fast food joints are visited by the middle class and above people and they make up a good amount of the population!

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    1,739
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manveer View Post
    Just a suggestion, would you think Indian snacks like dosa,vada,idli, paav bhaji, samosa,kachori, choley tikki ,bhel ,paani poori etc would be viable in Pakistan ?
    dunno about others but samosa and paani poori are available almost everywhere

  25. #25
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    404
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoosraTeesra View Post
    dunno about others but samosa and paani poori are available almost everywhere
    are they popular ? have you tried the other snacks moi listed ?

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    1,739
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manveer View Post
    are they popular ? have you tried the other snacks moi listed ?
    Samosas are like national snack of Pakistan. People eat it with chai. Through out the month of Ramadan, Its taken at iftar.

    I have tried Dosa here in Jeddah only.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    18,643
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manveer View Post
    Just a suggestion, would you think Indian snacks like dosa,vada,idli, paav bhaji, samosa,kachori, choley tikki ,bhel ,paani poori etc would be viable in Pakistan ?
    Samosas are already very popular , beef or aloo but there is another kind , the one without any filling . We used to love those after school , they were really small and cheap sold with chutney . Haai bachpan !

    Pani poori = gol gappay

    chola chat , bhail poori have been around like forever . Dosa is also gaining popularity in Karachi . There are a lot of people in Karachi of Gujarat origin and they have some really good snacks they brought with them to Pakistan .
    Last edited by Looney; 30th September 2012 at 12:09.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    404
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    Samosas are already very popular , beef or aloo but there is another kind , the one without any filling . We used to love those after school , they were really small and cheap sold with chutney . Haai bachpan !

    Pani poori = gol gappay

    chola chat , bhail poori have been around like forever . Dosa is also gaining popularity in Karachi . There are a lot of people in Karachi of Gujarat origin and they have some really good snacks they brought with them to Pakistan .
    buddy,what are the things people usually have for breakfast apart from andaa/toast ?

  29. #29
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    1,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    buddy,what are the things people usually have for breakfast apart from andaa/toast ?
    parathay!

  30. #30
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    404
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustListen View Post
    parathay!
    Btw,here in India there are many restaurants which serve just stuffed parathas [ aloo,gobhi,paneer, peas,daal etc] with pickles,raita & a subzi. They are reasonably priced & do pretty well if the quality is decent .

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    3,300
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I hear restuarant business in booming in Pakistan specially if you have authentic foreign dishes in your menu.

    Is anybody in food business or has opened a restaurant recently?

  32. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    13,717
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember about 5-8 years back I really wanted to be a restaurant manager, lol I thought it would be so easy, I was just a kid back then lol

  33. #33
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    19,691
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    I remember about 5-8 years back I really wanted to be a restaurant manager, lol I thought it would be so easy, I was just a kid back then lol
    As a kid you wanted to be a restaurant manager? Not own but manage it?

  34. #34
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    13,717
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    As a kid you wanted to be a restaurant manager? Not own but manage it?
    Yeah, like was even planning the name of the restaurant and what the menu would be aha

  35. #35
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    19,691
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Yeah, like was even planning the name of the restaurant and what the menu would be aha
    Stand alone restaurants are hard in Western countries, you can always get trained in Franchise and then open after 3-4 years..

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    3,300
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Yeah, like was even planning the name of the restaurant and what the menu would be aha
    As a kid i liked to select playing elevens for all the test cricket playing nations of the world. Now i just select Pakistans playing eleven


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •