Pat Cummins - The Mega Discussion


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 353
  1. #1
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Jammu and Kashmir
    Runs
    197
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Pat Cummins - The Mega Discussion

    Patrick Cummins is really the future of fast bowling i just hope he stays fit

  2. #2
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    7,417
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, him and Pattison are really good in TEST format.

    Would be a great contest between these 2 vs Pujara & Kohli in the upcoming Border-Gavaskar trophies


    ...

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Jammu and Kashmir
    Runs
    197
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think Pujara or Kohli are that good to have any contest with Pat Cummins
    Last edited by Irshadbhat; 13th October 2012 at 11:04. Reason: Got it wrong

  4. #4
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    Yeah, him and Pattison are really good in TEST format.

    Would be a great contest between these 2 vs Pujara & Kohli in the upcoming Border-Gavaskar trophies
    kohli is very lucky to be playing in an era of when there is a serious lack of quality express bowlers.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    7,353
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Cummins has a long way to go, it will be at least two years before he can be considered the future of fast bowling.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    Tukmenistan & Sidnaaaay
    Runs
    4,211
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Cummins has a long way to go, it will be at least two years before he can be considered the future of fast bowling.
    Why? Injury permitting he has great potential and future

  7. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    9,063
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He really is impressing! Has a beautiful action, good pace and got bounce. Can swing it a litle bit both ways.
    I will say, if he is injury free, he will be the best bowler of all youngsters. If he can be as good as Steyn? Not sure!

  8. #8
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    14,913
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pattinson, Starc and Cummins, all 3 are top players!!

    Australia has a bright future in the pace department though there lack of spinner of spinner is a worry for them.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    28,699
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Cummins needs to play more than a handful of games without injury first.

    Not sure how T20 will work out for him, on one hand he is missing first class cricket to play it, on the other hand it might be good he is not bowling lots of overs while so young.

    Our bowling looks very promising, batting not so good.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    14,913
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie View Post
    Cummins needs to play more than a handful of games without injury first.

    Not sure how T20 will work out for him, on one hand he is missing first class cricket to play it, on the other hand it might be good he is not bowling lots of overs while so young.

    Our bowling looks very promising, batting not so good.
    quite true

    I think the issue arises due to the lack of oppurtunities to youngster in the last decade. Ive always used to tell my Oz friends that once these greats like hayden and gilly will retire the Aus will be in a whole because they will be forced to fill a young and inexperienced side in big matches. Guys like wade, forrest, steven smith showed some signs of becoming future cricket stars but failed to live upto their expectations. However, maxwell is different from the others and looks like he can become the future Bevan but only time will tell.

    I also feel that experienced players like katich and haddin should still have played alongside these youngsters. That would give them confidence. Afterall, it really helped guys like raina and kohli to play alongside legends like dravid and tendulkar(the same cant be said about rohit)

  11. #11
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    701
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much he averages in test cricket?

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes he is not to forget Starc " Pakistan need to bring up some speed bowlers like these
    the have done it well in past? We need a bowler like shoiab Ahktar with pace and Gutts"

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    382
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cummings, Starc, Pattinson, Hiffenhous (sp?) + Injury Prone guy whose name I cant recall..

    Aussies are all set for another round of world domination if they can only get their batting in order....

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Jammu and Kashmir
    Runs
    197
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozs Should play Pat in International matches rather then wasting him at first class cricket

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    42,490
    Mentioned
    576 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The Australian bowling attack is looking sublime for the future.

    Cummins looks like a good one. He's got all the right tools in order to accomplish all that he desires as a fast bowler. He might require some mental sharpening and tactical awareness, but there is a LOT to work with here.

    Even the others mentioned - Pattinson and Starc - are top drawer prospects.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    411
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cummins, Pattinson, Starc, and Hazlewood are all players who are 22 years or younger and capable of consistently bowling in the mid-to-high 140s. They have faced injury problems in the past, which is cause for concern. But, if they can sort those issues out and continue to grow, Australia could have a fearsome and dominant pace attack in a few years.
    Last edited by pal; 14th October 2012 at 11:58.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    1,335
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pat Cummins is over rated. His action will lead to more injuries than playing matches.

    He with his pace and juicy line and length he is set-up for been taken for runs unless every pitch he plays on has grass on it.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Future great along with Pattinson if handled properly. Starc is good too but is more of a ODI bowler.


    If you're going through hell, keep going

  19. #19
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    28,699
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye_Done View Post
    How much he averages in test cricket?
    17. Only played on Test and was MOTM v South Africa in Sethefrica.

    Got injured doing that and missed four months, that's the story of his career.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    28,699
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irshadbhat View Post
    Ozs Should play Pat in International matches rather then wasting him at first class cricket
    He doesn't warrant selection at the moment. We have a stupid amount of bowlers right now, we are the new Pakistan. No batters.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    5,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Pattison and Starc

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    Leicester, UK
    Runs
    2,126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happened to Hazlewood. He looked like he had immaculate control over line and length, mcgrathesque. That was like 2-3 years ago when I saw him in under-19 WC - Auz beat Pakistan in final. raza Hasan And Hammad Azam were the stars of that team and only Raza Hasan looks to have really emerged so far.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    4,028
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hazlewood had back fractures which set him out of action a long while, during which time many others (Pattinson, Cummins, Starc etc) got ahead of him in the eyes of the selectors.

    Cummins I think will really be tested by Indian conditions if he gets a game over there. We'll find out how many tricks he has up his sleeve & the size of his heart.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    Leicester, UK
    Runs
    2,126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    Hazlewood had back fractures which set him out of action a long while, during which time many others (Pattinson, Cummins, Starc etc) got ahead of him in the eyes of the selectors.

    Cummins I think will really be tested by Indian conditions if he gets a game over there. We'll find out how many tricks he has up his sleeve & the size of his heart.
    coincidentally i noticed hazlewoods name today in the sydney t20 team. who have a magnificent attack btw, especially in SA conditions. Aus are set fast bowling wise for the future.

    Cummins will come good, because he has others around him and he is young yetgetting good experiance.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    17,862
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Dale Steyn is the past, the present and the future


    Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    28,699
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    And gone again for another summer with back fractures.



    TEENAGE pace sensation Pat Cummins is facing another summer on the sidelines after being diagnosed with a bone stress injury of the lower back on Friday.

    Cummins was sent for scans upon his arrival in Australia on Tuesday after complaining of back soreness following the Sydney Sixers' Champions League triumph earlier this week.

    It continues the 19-year-old's terrible run with injury and comes after he missed the entire summer last season due to a heel injury.

    The latest injury is to a different part of Cummins's back, which he hurt two years ago after the Shield final for NSW, but he is expected to make a full recovery.

    Cummins hurt his side during Australia's ODI tour of England earlier this year but made a strong return for country and franchise during the World Twenty20 and the Champions League.

    "It doesn’t look great," said his manager and Sydney Sixers teammate Dominic Thornely.

    "There's a minor stress fracture in his back. He had some soreness there for a week but he didn't think it was too bad. The physios all thought it was OK but he had the scans this morning and it showed up."

    Australian team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said: "Pat Cummins returned from Champions League Twenty20 duties with the Sydney Sixers with some back soreness.

    "Because of his age and past history we decided to investigate the source of the pain and unfortunately he has an early stage stress fracture of his spine, confirmed by scans today.

    "Pat had a spine bone stress injury a few years ago but the current injury is new and in an entirely different part of the spine.

    "We expect he will recover fully from this injury and will be closely monitored to determine his return to the playing field, but expect that he will miss most of the 2012-13 domestic cricket season."

    Australian coach Mickey Arthur said on Twitter: "Disappointing to hear that @93Cummins has a stress fracture. He will recover well and be back bowling fast in a few months time."

    Cummins burst onto the Test cricket scene in November last year when he played a key role in Australia's narrow victory over South Africa at the Wanderers.

    The then 18-year-old took six wickets in South Africa's second innings and hit the winning runs at the visitors clung on for a two-wicket victory. He was awarded the man-of-the-match award in his solitary Test.

    Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/crick...#ixzz2B2BbBfIo

  27. #27
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    28,402
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie View Post
    And gone again for another summer with back fractures.



    TEENAGE pace sensation Pat Cummins is facing another summer on the sidelines after being diagnosed with a bone stress injury of the lower back on Friday.

    Cummins was sent for scans upon his arrival in Australia on Tuesday after complaining of back soreness following the Sydney Sixers' Champions League triumph earlier this week.

    It continues the 19-year-old's terrible run with injury and comes after he missed the entire summer last season due to a heel injury.

    The latest injury is to a different part of Cummins's back, which he hurt two years ago after the Shield final for NSW, but he is expected to make a full recovery.

    Cummins hurt his side during Australia's ODI tour of England earlier this year but made a strong return for country and franchise during the World Twenty20 and the Champions League.

    "It doesn’t look great," said his manager and Sydney Sixers teammate Dominic Thornely.

    "There's a minor stress fracture in his back. He had some soreness there for a week but he didn't think it was too bad. The physios all thought it was OK but he had the scans this morning and it showed up."

    Australian team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said: "Pat Cummins returned from Champions League Twenty20 duties with the Sydney Sixers with some back soreness.

    "Because of his age and past history we decided to investigate the source of the pain and unfortunately he has an early stage stress fracture of his spine, confirmed by scans today.

    "Pat had a spine bone stress injury a few years ago but the current injury is new and in an entirely different part of the spine.

    "We expect he will recover fully from this injury and will be closely monitored to determine his return to the playing field, but expect that he will miss most of the 2012-13 domestic cricket season."

    Australian coach Mickey Arthur said on Twitter: "Disappointing to hear that @93Cummins has a stress fracture. He will recover well and be back bowling fast in a few months time."

    Cummins burst onto the Test cricket scene in November last year when he played a key role in Australia's narrow victory over South Africa at the Wanderers.

    The then 18-year-old took six wickets in South Africa's second innings and hit the winning runs at the visitors clung on for a two-wicket victory. He was awarded the man-of-the-match award in his solitary Test.

    Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/crick...#ixzz2B2BbBfIo
    Oh man not again.. These injuries are happening So early in his career. I hope he overcomes it..

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    28,699
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The future of fast bowling is looking a little fragile hey

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    5,753
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless the player's set their priorities straight, such injuries are gonna happen.

    Good news for SA.


    The day d last tree died, d last river poisond & d last fish caught,we'll realize we can't eat money

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    14,913
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cummins seems to be quite injury prone. Probably because of his bowling style.

    Starc on the other hand has an easier bowling action and looks comfortable quite delivering the ball

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    Napier, NZ
    Runs
    3,842
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh, seems to be going the Bond way. For the Ozzies sake, I hope this isn't the case but.


    Enzed.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    4,028
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, he's a goner. The new Bruce Reid.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    28,699
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He is so young I am not writing him off yet but he is breaking down bowling T20 only. That's a really bad sign.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,955
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are sending him off to have his action assessed.

    Umar Gul had to go through similar ordeal early on. Modified his action and the back problems have stayed away.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    28,402
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    They are sending him off to have his action assessed.

    Umar Gul had to go through similar ordeal early on. Modified his action and the back problems have stayed away.
    And is umer gul a better bowler now with the modified action??

  36. #36
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    Tukmenistan & Sidnaaaay
    Runs
    4,211
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly needs to remodel his action and maybe sacrifice a bit of pace. Instead of trying to hit 150kmh I think he should try to operate around 140.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    22,651
    Mentioned
    2692 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    He looks to be very fragile though and that's a huge concern for Aus especially when it comes to the Test arena.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Johannesburg, SA
    Runs
    5,766
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Said it after his first test against SA, that even though he bowled brilliantly, his action needs work if he's going to stay injury-free. And then he got injured. Great young prospect, but the coaches really need to work on his action lest he turn into another Shane Bond. The same applies to Pattinson, but to a lesser extent.
    Last edited by Jo_Don; 2nd November 2012 at 17:40.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    4,656
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    would be a real shame if he has to sacrifice his pace , was a very exciting bowler to watch .

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    18,331
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Really feel sorry for this guy....

    I read one of ian pont post about cummins where he states

    Cummins is a wonderful talent but has been allowed to go unchecked with several flaws with his bowling. He runs at an angle towards fine leg, has a mixed bowling action, then has a lateral flexion (fall away) meaning he releases the ball almost two feet outside of his body width. The stresses and strains on this type of action will take their toll

    If Cummins can straighten up his approach, address some of his misalignments and then have all his energy going towards the target, he will not only be less injury prone, but increase his speed and accuracy. If your top half drives towards third slip then it's clear not all your energy is going at the batsman. You end up 'pushing' the ball if you are not careful and can lose your wrist position. This is what happened to Steve Harmison eventually."
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...d.php?t=156808

  41. #41
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    5,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's injured

    Again

  42. #42
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    4,028
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Could be worse. Could be a 5 year ban ;)

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    Napier, NZ
    Runs
    3,842
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the taunts that Aussie fans administer to Kiwis is that had Bond featured for the Baggy Greens, he would have been managed well and all of the injuries would not have been allowed to taper his career off in the manner that it did, or he may not have been injured all the time at all.

    Well, here's the test.


    Enzed.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    28,699
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshland View Post
    One of the taunts that Aussie fans administer to Kiwis is that had Bond featured for the Baggy Greens, he would have been managed well and all of the injuries would not have been allowed to taper his career off in the manner that it did, or he may not have been injured all the time at all.

    Well, here's the test.
    Be quiet Hobbit

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    Napier, NZ
    Runs
    3,842
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie View Post
    Be quiet Hobbit
    Walk the talk, Ozzie. Get Cummins right.


    Enzed.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    28,699
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pat Cummins actually bowled 6 overs in a game of cricket in Africa yesterday, against Zimbabwe A.

    6 overs, 2 maidens, 2 wickets for 6 runs.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Good talent but Pattinson is better.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    17,933
    Mentioned
    825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Re: Pat Cummins future of fast bowling

    If he were Pakistani, he would have been called better than Waqar based on his debut performance.


    2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherface58 View Post
    If he were Pakistani, he would have been called better than Waqar based on his debut performance.
    If he was Indian, he would have been called better than.. oh wait


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    17,933
    Mentioned
    825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Re: Pat Cummins future of fast bowling

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    If he was Indian, he would have been called better than.. oh wait
    No. Better than Wasim pathan


    2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    4,972
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Australia fast bowling and fielding is still strong as ever but batting and spin bowling has become pretty poor. I blame T20 for their batting as a lot of Australian batsman are more interested in this form compared to the longer form and pitches not suitable for spin bowling.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    28,699
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pat Cummins reported played three games in a row during the A tour, and the future of fast bowling was sent home with a back injury.

    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-1...k-inju/4884028

    Interesting he is 20 now, he has already overtaken Mohammed Amir who remains 18.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    16,421
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    RA didn't understand the Amir comment.


    Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    16,421
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Feels good to have 1,000 runs now.


    Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

  55. #55
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    28,699
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    RA didn't understand the Amir comment.
    Because some posters like to pretend Amir doesnt age, they keep referring to him as 18 or whatever, even though he is clearly over 20.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    16,421
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie View Post
    Because some posters like to pretend Amir doesnt age, they keep referring to him as 18 or whatever, even though he is clearly over 20.
    He is about 21, I also don't think Cummins should have been played that early, especially bowling at 150 kph, when Amir started he was in the late 130s and then moved up to 140s consistently after a year.


    Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

  57. #57
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    4,028
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    He is about 21, I also don't think Cummins should have been played that early, especially bowling at 150 kph, when Amir started he was in the late 130s and then moved up to 140s consistently after a year.
    We should have told him to slow down?

  58. #58
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    4,028
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie View Post
    Pat Cummins reported played three games in a row during the A tour, and the future of fast bowling was sent home with a back injury.
    .
    3 games is actually an improvement. Next time we might get half a shield season out of him!

  59. #59
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    4,464
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real shame about this guy, he was dynamite in that debut Test and world cricket needs fast bowlers. Hopefully as he gets older his body will get stronger

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    16,421
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    We should have told him to slow down?
    Not slow down, but to have built his pace steadily, not be express right from his first year, hence the injury.


    Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

  61. #61
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    4,464
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    We should have told him to slow down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    Not slow down, but to have built his pace steadily, not be express right from his first year, hence the injury.
    Its a tough one. He was so brilliant in that debut match that you don't want to restrict a kid's potential. But at the same time...his body obviously couldn't handle it

  62. #62
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    My own world
    Runs
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gem of a bowler. Guess there's something wrong the way Australians handle them.Cricket needs express pacers like him.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Great Britain
    Runs
    3,847
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh. He had a good start but you can't take wickets in the doctors chair!

  64. #64
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    28,699
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Rumour has it the future of fast bowling will play in the BBL on Friday night for the Perth Scorchers.

    Looking forward to his annual cricket appearance!

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    55,251
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Beast. Too bad he keeps getting injured.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    1,880
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His injuries will flatten out As his body gets used to it, but hes serious talent
    Johnson, harris, cummins

  67. #67
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    19,153
    Mentioned
    1509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie View Post
    Rumour has it the future of fast bowling will play in the BBL on Friday night for the Perth Scorchers.

    Looking forward to his annual cricket appearance!
    Didn't sound like last night when Gilly was talking to him and Langer.

    Sounded like he'd play grade cricket this weekend first before they consider bringing him back.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    28,699
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Didn't sound like last night when Gilly was talking to him and Langer.

    Sounded like he'd play grade cricket this weekend first before they consider bringing him back.
    Perhaps he could bowl four balls in beach cricket instead

  69. #69
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    19,093
    Mentioned
    7432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Whatever happened to Mitch Starc? Seems to have disappeared somewhere.
    Last edited by Red Devil; 8th January 2014 at 07:45.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    28,699
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Red Devil~ View Post
    Whatever happened to Mitch Starc? Seems to have disappeared somewhere.
    Injured. Which actually turned out very well for us, since MJ got picked to replace him

  71. #71
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    19,153
    Mentioned
    1509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie View Post
    Injured. Which actually turned out very well for us, since MJ got picked to replace him
    MJ was always going to be picked ahead of Johnno after Invers saw his new bowling action/run up and ball control.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    8,072
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really rated this lad

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    8,000
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    bowling well but who is going to replace him for the wc because I fully expect him to get unfit during this series.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Casablanca
    Runs
    9,620
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am not impressed with him. Lacks lethality. And ok bowler. Not consistent.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    28,699
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zabalestmsm View Post
    I am not impressed with him. Lacks lethality. And ok bowler. Not consistent.
    Cant really judge him yet, this is the first time he has been fit long enough to play multiple games for about three years. Speed is starting to crank up, and so is his lines.

    But we are excited about him as Test bowler, LO bowlers are just cannon fodder these days.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    19,153
    Mentioned
    1509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't be in the world cup team but I've seen enough to see why he is so highly rated.

    Pity that the other youngster I really rate Joel Paris is just as injury prone. @Random Aussie , Paris redid his quad injury putting on his socks


    Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    16,911
    Mentioned
    2661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie View Post
    Cant really judge him yet, this is the first time he has been fit long enough to play multiple games for about three years. Speed is starting to crank up, and so is his lines.

    But we are excited about him as Test bowler, LO bowlers are just cannon fodder these days.
    Convict and I have agreed in the past that Cummins is the real deal, but that serious injury was inevitable at that tender age.

    Amir is a contemporary, and his 5 year ban has protected his body from this punishment.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    28,699
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile Pattinson is bowling like a demon in the BBL. This is the first time I can remember all four of our future bowling attack are fit and playing regularly.

    Now just one damn leg spinner from somewhere please

  79. #79
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    2,696
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Man these young aus quick must be costing CA a ton of money d/t their injuries.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    6,375
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    The best Australian pacer going around - Pat Cummins

    Pat Cummins.

    Hes done it again.

    A brilliant spell of 4-13 in 8 consecutive overs of pace and just enough movement to get the edge. The way it should be, Mitchell Starc, take notes!

    I have always found something special about Cummins that neither Starc nor Hazelwood have. Hes the perfect combination of the two. The pace and fire of Starc with the line and length of Hazelwood.

    He was the highest wicket-taker in the Ashes, had a fantastic ODI series where he outshined everyone, and is doing the same again in the current Test series in SA.

    Heres to hopes that he remains injury free and takes heaps of wickets.

    Well done and long may it continue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •