Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is truly outstanding. Was considered the best prospect out of the lot when he was a kid but injuries combined with Starc suddenly learning how to swing the ball changed people's perceptions.

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    High quality bowler. Hope he can stay fit.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks to have ripped the heart out of the line up. Cummins is certainly talented and skilled and pretty quick, I remember he used to be even quicker but he has a ways to go to be on Starcs level.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    All three have their days. There's no standout at the moment.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Nagpur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh Hazlewood is their best pacer. Starc is little overrated and inconsistent while Cummins is relatively new. Pattinson is great asset too but lacks the fitness.
    Overall-in tests Hazlewood>Starc>Cummins/Pattinson

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    All three have their days. There's no standout at the moment.
    I disagree. Since his comeback, Patty Cummins has been the standout. He does not bowl extravagant swing or standout pace of 150+. But he does take wickets. Almost a modern day Walsh that is faster.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Starc took a fifer in first test and Cummins looks set for a fifer this test. Hazlewood has been their standout too. All three on their day can be the real deal IMO.

Let us not forget in the previous test only, Pat Cummins was the one who got whacked the most by AB(70 of his runs came against him at SR of 90) followed by Starc(SR 69) and then Hazlewood(SR 52).

The trio together is an ATG bowling attack and each of them can run through a side on its day. It is to be seen whether they become ATGs or not in tests but they are up there.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This Aussie bowling attack is mouth watering.

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s proven that he is the real deal.

Hazelwood: 0-86

Lyon: 3-183

Cummins: 5-83

In the absence of the ineffective Starc and the hot or cold Hazelwood, Cummins has once again shown on this tour that he is THE leader of the attack.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best aus bowler currently and can score few imp runs as well. Already my fav player.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is the real deal.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be the making of a great. Needs to have some luck with injuries and have the ball shined from someone other than Bancroft.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I could see him ending his career at an ATG. Now only if Pattinson would get it together.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has been brilliant.

Seems to raise his game against Virat.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is going to get injured again and suffer a career like Bond, and in ten years we will all reminiscence of what could have been.

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His fitness is ridiculous. Keeps bowling long spells with metronomic accuracy.

Best Australian pacer by a distance.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    His fitness is ridiculous. Keeps bowling long spells with metronomic accuracy.

Best Australian pacer by a distance.
    Still hitting 140k at Tea on Day2 of second day bowling in a heatwave on a complete dead pitch.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I like everything about him, but I don't think he bowls well by pitching it up when it's needed. He needs to improve on that. He has other things covered.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brilliant brilliant bowler. His fitness seems to have improved. This isn’t the first time since his comeback vs India he has had a high workload in an innings.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Excellent bowling in this match - picking 6/27 in 2nd innings and now 61* for his side. What a player!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The one man army in the team right now. Way too good for someone who had so many injury problems at the start of his career.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gem of a player whose on some crazy form right now, really want to see him keep this up so he can go down as one of the greats of the game.

Yes, he's been playing that well.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Supreme talent who deserves a spell without constant injuries. Cummins was very impressive whilst batting. Better batsman than the overrated Mitch Marsh.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wickets after 17 Tests:

Cummins ……… 80
    Waqar ………….. 80
    Lillee ……………. 76
    Rabada …………. 71
    Walsh …………… 71
    McGrath ………. 68
    Gillespie ……….. 68
    Ambrose ………. 60
    Marshall ……….. 55
    Akram ………….. 53
    Anderson ……… 52

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patty Cummins takes his first ten-wicket-haul in Tests!

He’s had a great year and in my opinion, is on par with Rabada, Bumrah, and Anderson as the best fast bowler going around right now.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Uber likable Fast bowler! Always with a grin, ready to go like a warrior. Gives 110% !! Be it is Bowling or Batting or Fielding. Captain's dream.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Easily the best fast bowler in Australia right now, and arguably top 5 in the world along with Rabada, Steyn, Anderson, and Bumrah.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worlds best batting allrounder.

Easily in Australia's best 6 batsmen, and probably our number 1 bowler too.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Impressive bowling by him against Pakistan today.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best bowler in the world, saying this for months

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasnain should go and have some training /bowling sessions with him. It's his best opportunity to learn from worlds best bowler as he won't play PSL anytime soon

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Single handily running through Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Pat Cummins' devastating touch in one-day cricket is set to give captain Aaron Finch serious pause for thought as to who he throws the new ball to when Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood return.

Refreshed after a two-game, two-week layoff, Cummins was back to his frightening best with a new-ball blitz in Wednesday's third ODI that left Pakistan's series hopes in tatters.

The reigning Allan Border Medallist matched pinpoint accuracy with significant seam movement to nick off three of Pakistan's most important batsmen in the space of 11 balls.

Cummins now has 15 wickets at 11.64 in his last five ODIs, an ominous sign ahead of the World Cup.

But perhaps his most telling stat is that he's got at least one wicket in his first three overs in all but one of those games.

Striking with the brand new Kookaburra is one of limited-overs cricket's catchcries for a reason and it will likely be a major factor in the UK should flat, batting-friendly pitches be commonplace.

The fact Cummins has become a proven early wicket-taker could leave Finch with a difficult decision when regular new-ball bowlers Starc and Hazlewood are back.

"Patty has been brilliant with the new ball and it's something he hasn't done a hell of a lot over the last couple of years," said Finch.

"The fact that Josh (Hazlewood) and 'Starcy' haven't been around as much, it probably gave that opportunity to Patty over the last (few) months.

"He's done a great job. He's been brilliant.

"He's a world-class bowler. We've seen how much he has improved over the last couple of years and his resilience."

The injured duo of Starc and Hazlewood, who are both on track to return in time for Australia's World Cup campaign, both have strong cases to remain bowling options one and two.

Starc was the player of the tournament at the last World Cup with 22 wickets at 10.18 and remains one of the most lethal white-ball bowlers when the ball is swinging.

Hazlewood shared the new rock in that 2015 triumph, offers a point of difference with his bounce compared to the skiddier Starc and himself has a terrific career ODI record with 72 wickets at 25.

Cummins stressed he was happy to remain the go-to first-change bowler during the recent home Test summer where he finished as Australia's leading wicket taker, but has relished being the main man in subsequent ODI campaigns on the subcontinent.

"I love bowling with the new ball, especially in one-day cricket on these kind of wickets, the ball deteriorates quite quickly," he said after Australia's second ODI against India earlier this month.

However the roles are divvied up, Cummins' stamina may well figure as an asset as important as his new-ball bowling.

James Anderson and Kagiso Rabada are the only two fast bowlers in the world to have bowled more overs across all formats than Cummins since his return from a six-year injury-ridden absence from Test cricket in March 2017.

Cummins again has gotten through a home season without major injury and has impressed teammates with a continued hunger to be up for a contest even at the end of it.

"He's had an incredibly long summer, he's played most games. It's been incredible to see how fresh he still is now," said Finch.

"He's had (two weeks) off since the last Indian ODI to now. To come out and not miss a beat, it's been incredible.

"He's a world-class athlete and his bowling speaks for itself, and even with the batting, he chips in. In the field he's a gun.

"So it's a pretty special package."

Qantas Tour of the UAE

First ODI: Australia won by eight wickets

Second ODI: Australia won by eight wickets

Third ODI: Australia won by 80 runs

Fourth ODI: v Pakistan, March 29 in Dubai

Fifth ODI: v Pakistan, March 31 in Dubai

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/pat-...tan/2019-03-28

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pat Cummins, time to put some respect on his name!!!

All I hear about is how great Bumrah , Archer, and other bowlers are. Yet the number 1 ranked bowler in the world in tests is never talked about. Capable of bowling at 90mph and swinging the ball with new ball, he deserves a lot more recognition.

At 26, his best years are ahead.

Time to put the respect on his name!

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cummins doesn’t need the hyperbole. Everyone already knows he’s brilliant.

Bowls long spells like a workhorse but has the mentality, aggression and record of a strike bowler.

It’s a shame that injuries cost him five years of Test cricket. What’s remarkable is that he’s barely missed a match since his comeback, even with somewhat of a rotation policy in place by Australia for their quicks.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hasnain reminds me of a young Cummins. They both hit the deck with force.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Love watching this guy bowl.

So much skill, such a consistent performer and such an intelligent bowler who works out batsmen so quickly.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Cummins is an interesting case study. The guy had a lot of injury problems especially back problems from 2011 to 2015 at the age of 18 to 21-22 but since then he has played consistently without any major injury problems from 23-26 today.

This proves that a fast bowlers body and muscles mature from 23 onwards and they are better able to handle the rigors of fast bowling

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stop smiling though for God sake. use bouncers are a secret weapon and don't overdo it. Be ruthless and hurt the batsmen please. thanks. Great bowling overall.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Brilliant once again.

The leader of the pack.

Showed his versatility and class at Old Trafford.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Having gone where few Test bowlers have ever gone in a herculean surge to help retain the Ashes, Pat Cummins now wants to do the same in the shortest format as he readjusts his radar towards the only major trophy that has eluded Australia’s male cricketers.

The world's No.1 ranked fast bowler was "wrecked" after a prolific Ashes tour that yielded 29 wickets and saw him send down the most overs by an Australian fast bowler in a Test series since the turn of the century.

While he has returned to Australia fatigued after a marathon winter that also saw him play all 10 of Australia's World Cup games, Cummins remains free of the injuries that forced a six-year gap between his first and second Tests.

The 26-year-old admits he's never been more tired before a Test match than he was in the lead-up to the Ashes series finale at The Oval, but he pushed through exhaustion and sent down nearly 100 overs in the final 11 days of the tour in a bid to secure a series victory that Australia would eventually fall short of.

Aside from chopping up wood to put on the fireplace at his property in country NSW, the man who has played all but two of Australia's past 26 Tests has enjoyed exerting as little energy as possible during a rare, well-earned breather.

"It was a really tense series, so it felt like every day's play was quite exhausting," Cummins told cricket.com.au. "I felt like I needed a break.

"Those last two weeks I bowled close to 100 overs. That was pretty taxing. But I’ve had a good week off, so feeling pretty good now."

A far different challenge awaits Cummins ahead of next summer’s 2020 T20 World Cup on home soil.

Five-time ODI world champions, Australia have not been able to replicate their success in the shortest format, with a runners-up finish to England in 2010 their best result at the tournament in seven attempts.

Back-to-back series to kick off the summer against Sri Lanka and Pakistan will begin a stretch of 21 T20 games between now and Australia’s first World Cup game in 12 months’ time.

"The last year has been a real one-day focus leading into the (50-over) World Cup. I think we'll see a shift," said Cummins.

"We've got 20-odd games before that T20 World Cup. Personally I want to be in that World Cup squad, so I want to play as many of those games as possible.

"There’s a lot I want to work on in T20 cricket, so it's good there's more opportunity now to concentrate on that with six games in a row (to start the summer). I don't feel like I've had that in a long time."

Able to hit speeds few bowlers in the world can match, Cummins shapes as a major figure in Australia's bid to end their hoodoo.

The right-armer has an enviable international T20 record, collecting 25 scalps at 21 in 20 games.

Yet the speedster is eager to refamiliarise himself with the skills required for a format he, along with fellow Test quicks Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood, have had little exposure to in recent years.

Cummins has played just two international T20s since his return to the Test team two-and-a-half years ago in India, with national selectors wary of burning out their prized fast-bowling asset.

"I've been bowling heaps so I feel like my rhythm is there, it's just about trying to work on yorkers, slower balls and different field placements I haven’t tried since the (ODI) World Cup," explained Cummins.

"Hopefully it doesn't take too long to work on that. Then it's back into red ball (cricket) after that.

"We've got six T20s all in a row, so I feel like you can put more attention into that rather than a quick in-and-out series."

It's expected Cummins, along with the other quicks vying to join him for the opening Domain Test of the summer against Pakistan, will return to first-class cricket for the opening round of the Marsh Sheffield Shield on October 10.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/pat-...nka/2019-09-30

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fittest fast bowler in world cricket right now followed by Boult. Everyone is going on about Archer's fitness, but it's no where near Cummins's fitness.

Everyone overlooks Cummins and instead say that Burmah, Rabada are the best test bowlers, some have even gone as far as saying that Archer and Anderson are the best, Cummins showed us 8 years ago that he has the potential to be the best and he has shown it now, these other guys still have a bit to do before their names can be placed along side Cummins, (Apart from Anderson who doesn't have any time left and is one of the most overrated fast bowlers of all time, most rubbish record away from home).

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cummins put on ice to freshen up for Test challenge

Australia talisman held back from Perth leg of T20 series against Pakistan to prepare for Test series against same opponents and New Zealand

"We've got so much cricket on, he (Cummins) plays a lot of it so when you get a little opportunity rather than taking the long flight to Perth he's going to stay here, recover and get prepared for the Test series," Australia coach Justin Langer said on Wednesday.

Cummins has played 31 matches (eight Tests, 16 ODIs and seven T20Is) across all formats for his country this year, including a grueling stretch in England this winter where he featured in all 10 of Australia's World Cup games and then five out of five Ashes Tests.

While he will not play in Perth, Cummins' next match is likely on Monday in Sydney when NSW host Western Australia in the Marsh Sheffield Shield.
    The Australian Test squad is set to be named late next week before assembling in Brisbane on November 16 ahead of the first Test five days later.

While Cummins, Test cricket's No.1-ranked bowler, is a lock for the Gabba, the makeup of the Australia's top six is still up in the air.

A strong Australia A side will take on Pakistan in Perth in a three-day day-night match from next Monday in what looms as a selection shootout for top order spots, while a round of Shield matches will give the selectors plenty to think about ahead of the first Test.

Play Video
    Quick-thinking Cummins secures rare dismissal
    Ashes Test players Travis Head (109 v NSW) and Matthew Wade (69 and 57no v Victoria) have put in impressive Shield performances in the past week, while young gun Cameron Green posted scores of 87no and 121no, his maiden first-class century, against Queensland.

Langer has been keeping a close eye on the domestic scene but wants to see his players make it impossible for him to not pick them.

"I'm hoping someone starts banging really hard on the door," Langer said.

Patient Head posts first ton of Shield summer
    "Travis played well. I thought the way Matthew Wade played was excellent in winning the game for Tasmania.

"Cameron Green, can we slide him in the top four. He's got a very bright future. I watched him bat yesterday – I know how well he can bowl, he's a good young kid.

"I keep maintaining there is so much talent in Australian cricket we've just got make sure we get the combinations right and make sure we get the people that are ready to go for this Test series."

Gillette T20 INTLs v Pakistan

November 3: First T20I, SCG, No result

November 5: Second T20I, Manuka Oval, Australia won by seven wickets

November 8: Third T20I, Perth Stadium, 4.30pm (Fox & Kayo)

Domain Test Series v Pakistan

Warm-up match: v Australia A, November 11-13, Perth Stadium (d/n)

Warm-up match: v Cricket Australia XI, November 15-16, WACA Ground

First Test: November 21-25, Gabba (Seven, Fox & Kayo)

Second Test: November 29 – December 3, Adelaide (d/n) (Seven, Fox & Kayo)

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/pat-...ger/2019-11-06

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually gives us an outside chance of winning the game

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good move to rest him despite him being very fit. You want to see him play all the Test matches if possible. Brilliant performer and great to watch.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Brett Lee has implored Australia to give Pat Cummins the new ball and let him open the bowling for the first time on home soil against Pakistan.

Cummins started the innings for most of the Ashes matches in England, but bowled first-change in the only Test he played alongside Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc, in Manchester.

The 26-year-old is yet to be handed the new Kookaburra in Australian conditions, having bowled first-change behind that pair for the past two summers.

But after rising to become the world's top-ranked bowler earlier this year, Cummins should open the bowling in the first Test at the Gabba next Thursday, Lee says, regardless of whether Starc and Hazlewood are both in the side.

"Pat Cummins has to get the new ball, he must get the new ball," Lee said.

"Don't bowl him first-change. Sure, he can do it. But don't waste him.

"I don't know if he's been unfairly targeted as a guy who can play a number of roles. That's been to his detriment, I think."

Lee said Cummins had earned the right to take the new ball.

"Yes, we've got guys like Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc who can also bowl with the new ball," he said.

"But I think you've got to pick who you believe is the best chance of taking a wicket.

"Worry about your first change when you have them three or four down."

Cummins is now Australia's undisputed strike weapon of Australia's bowling attack.

He has topped the wicket-taking charts for Australia's quicks in every full series he has played since his return from long injury absences in 2017.

His average of 21.45 is also the third-best of all time for Aussies who have taken 100 Test wickets.

Lee himself was one of Australia's most successful new-ball bowlers, with his 310 scalps the third-highest of all Australian quicks.

After starting as a first-change bowler behind Glenn McGrath and Damien Fleming on debut, Lee opened the bowling by his fourth Test and held onto the mantle for most of his career.

"He [Cummins] is a good team man, but you've also got to go, 'Hang on, if I had a choice I would rather get the new ball'," Lee said.

"If I am Pat Cummins I am saying: 'I want that new ball. I want choice of ends. I've shown what I can do through the Ashes, I've shown what I could do last summer'.

"You can't do that when you're 18. But Pat Cummins, it's not his first rodeo ... He's the vice-captain."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...10-p5393w.html

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a fair call.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cummins will utilise it better than Starc, who isn't as accurate as Cummins. Cummins will use the seam better and hit the right areas. Starc can sometimes spray it a bit with the new ball.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cummings is my favourite bowler right now, the guy is exceptional. He deserves to bowl with the new ball.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The greatest bowling talent of this generation by far.

He is literally to fast bowling what KL Rahul is to batting.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    The greatest bowling talent of this generation by far.

He is literally to fast bowling what KL Rahul is to batting.
    Rahul has talent?
    anyway bumrah is the greatest bowling talent of this generation. Far better than Cummings in all formats.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    Rahul has talent?
    anyway bumrah is the greatest bowling talent of this generation. Far better than Cummings in all formats.
    He is hit because people haven't figured out his action. Like Ajantha Mendis in his early years. Sadly he will be found out soon
    Real Indies know that

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    He is hit because people haven't figured out his action. Like Ajantha Mendis in his early years. Sadly he will be found out soon
    Real Indies know that
    I highly doubt it. He is a once in a generation talent. His wide array of skills makes him a potent bowler for all formats. He will prove it again when he returns and show the world why he is rated as the real number 1 in all formats.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cummins and Hazelwood should open the bowling.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I rate Cummins very highly and he is my favorite bowler since a long long time I will still give the new ball to Hazlewood and Starc. These two are brilliant with the new ball and are lesser bowler after. Whereas Cummins in very good over the course of 80 overs.

Starc can be used in a shot 3 over spell at the start and then be replaced by Cummins.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is currently the best bowler in the world. Not by much tough as there is great competition. Bumrah, still relatively unproven, Rabada (out of form), Starc (little inconsistent in Tests) and others can overtake him soon.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    He is currently the best bowler in the world. Not by much tough as there is great competition. Bumrah, still relatively unproven, Rabada (out of form), Starc (little inconsistent in Tests) and others can overtake him soon.
    rabada is not out of form. He is just terrible in india just like almost all of the SENA bowlers. Rabada is great in SENA countries however.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rabada is not out of form. He is just terrible in india just like almost all of the SENA bowlers. Rabada is great in SENA countries however.
    I personally feel Rabada is overrated a lot and he will decline rather quickly over the next few years. It's harsh to judge him over the last tour in India because he had not got any support.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Pat Cummins went almost six years without playing a Test match.

A 17-year-old Test debutant who had claimed a five-wicket haul against South Africa, Cummins spent more time on the sidelines than on the field for the next half a decade.

There was foot trouble immediately after his debut and a side strain soon followed, but it was the repeated stress fractures in his back between 2012 and 2015 that proved his sternest battle.

In the two years since his return to Test cricket against India at Ranchi, Cummins has pulled off a career switch which is second only to Steve Smith’s from leg-spinner to batting great this decade. He’s gone from being Australia’s most fragile bowler to its most durable quick.

More accurately, he’s become the world’s most durable fast bowler. No quick has bowled more overs in international cricket since the Ranchi Test than Cummins’ 1196 and only compatriot Nathan Lyon (1539.2) has bowled more among bowlers of any specialty.

While he never lost his love of the game in his time rebuilding his body from the legs up, it’s a change in fortunes even the eternally optimistic Cummins did not believe was possible at times. He feared he’d never be able to play consecutive matches let alone five straight Ashes Tests after a 10-match World Cup campaign as he did this winter.

“In those few years where I was injured I thought getting through back-to-back Test matches would be impossible,” Cummins told foxsports.com.au at a photo shoot for an upcoming edition of the Foxtel Magazine. “I felt years off. Even at the start of 2017 if you’d have told me I’d play eight Test matches that year I would have laughed. I felt so far away.”

This Tasmanian quick is rapidly turning heads. His biggest supporter is a cricket legend

That series in India, his re-entry into Test cricket, was massive for Cummins. Not just because he’d waited so long to return to the game’s highest level but because it came hot off the heels of his first Sheffield Shield match in six years and his first first-class match in nearly two. Only six days separated NSW’s match against South Australia and Australia’s in India. It wasn’t back-to-back Tests – which would come soon anyway – but it wasn’t far off.

Having once feared the prospect of consecutive matches was beyond him, he followed up his Shield return with 39 overs in his first Test back – all in one innings as Australia was not required to bowl again. He’d prove something to himself by backing that up with another 38 overs in Dharamsala.

You’d be hard pressed to find a more picturesque place to play cricket than Dharamsala, which has the snow-capped mountains of the Himalayas for a back drop, but you’d forgive Cummins if he did not notice. As far as fast bowling goes, it doesn’t get much tougher than Test cricket in India. The pitches are dry and the grounds are hard – back-breaking conditions for a man with a historically bad back.

“You have to be thrown in the deep end a little bit sometimes to realise if you will sink or swim,” Cummins reflected. “I think that was the right time for me. I’d been bowling for a year by then and there was nothing else to do but give it a crack.”

While Australia finished on the wrong end of a 2-1 scoreline for the series, Cummins finished with a more than respectable haul of eight wickets at 30.25. But it wasn’t those figures that proved to Cummins he had kept his head above water.

“I remember afterwards getting a scan on my back and thinking ‘oh no, surely not!’ and it was totally clear. I thought, ‘wow that’s crazy, I’ve bowled flat out for three weeks and I’m all good.’

“That was a real turning point. You bowl 40 overs in a game in India and it’s not trying to get it up there and swing it, it’s trying to bash the wicket. That gave me a lot of confidence being able to do that.”

Cummins still gets nervous when he heads in for scans – “you never know what they’re going to find” – but the results have been chalk and cheese from those early days as a professional cricketer.

“I had a lot of scans that ruled me out of cricket. The last few years, if I’ve had one and it’s come back all clear it gives me a boost.”

Despite all those ill-fated scans in the early days, Cummins never fell out of love with the game. He took confidence from the fact fast bowlers like Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson and Dennis Lillee had battled similar setbacks in the past. He heeded the advice of those at Cricket Australia and Cricket NSW. He put the hours in in the gym and in the nets as his body and mind matured.

“Trying to bowl fast is such an unnatural thing and my body just wasn’t ready for it,” Cummins said of his early struggles, stressing that he wouldn’t change anything. “Growing up you might play on the weekend, you might only play once or twice a week at that really high intensity. To be a professional cricketer you need to do it four or five days a week.

“Most of it is just naturally growing up. A lot of it is definitely down to your body maturing but to be able to continue to play and bowl fast four-five-six days a week you’ve got to have a lot of strength and conditioning as well. No doubt those years of trying to get my core and my legs stronger have certainly helped as well.”

During the Ashes, Justin Langer said he wasn’t sure it was “humanly possible” for Cummins to play all five Tests, especially after featuring across the entirety of Australia’s World Cup campaign. In Cummins’ mind he was always going to play all five Tests and it’s only in their aftermath that he realised just how significant that was.

“Once I got through it all, it was probably the first time I sat back and felt really proud of playing non-stop for four or five months over there,” he said.

“Physically I was more tired and worn out. Mentally, it’s just the draining nature of an Ashes series. Every day’s play feels like it’s tense and could go either way and there’s no real breaks in between games either than a day here or there. You have to wake up every morning and be at your best. It takes a lot out of you.

“I’m lucky that I had three or four weeks off bowling after the Ashes. Hopefully that will put me in pretty good stead for the summer.”

Cummins was given the sixth Twenty20 of the summer off against Pakistan, giving him the chance to recharge before NSW’s Shield clash against Western Australia. It’s likely the only match he’ll sit out in the home summer and with the international cricket calendar only getting busier, breaks are coming fewer and further between.

The need to train smarter, not harder, is only increasing.

“Preparing for international cricket is basically just trying to recover from the last game and trying to prepare as best as you can,” Cummins said. “If you get a small window longer than a couple of days you might do a really light gym session but it’s more trying to tick over a few things in your body.

“Us bowlers, we won’t train too much during the summer. The main priority is to stay fresh.

“If there’s a tight turn around we’ll probably have a bat, maybe a bit of a run around on the field. If we do bowl it’ll be really light. Probably just enough to get us up to speed. Literally a dozen balls or so and then we’ll shut down. The priority is trying to stay fresh.

“If it’s a bit longer, if it’s five or six days we might try and fit in a light gym session in between, and we might have one good bowl two days out from the Test so we’re right to go. As much as we can, us bowlers try and keep off our feet.”

A dozen balls may not sound like much but after everything he’s been through, he knows his body.

It was only two summers ago that Cummins played his first Test on home soil and he’s achieved plenty since then. He goes into the current season sitting on top of the Test bowling rankings and fourth in one-day internationals. He’s got the third best bowling average of anyone that has taken at least 100 Test wickets this century and he’s still only 26 years old. The best may still be yet to come.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...74e0cce9cd4aae

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    At the SCG 10 days ago, a wicketkeeper-captain tossed the ball to Pat Cummins to open the bowling in a first-class match before having Josh Hazlewood steam in from the other end. At the Gabba on Thursday, with exactly the same attack at his disposal, another 'keeper and captain opted to go a different way.

And what a fuss it created.

Tim Paine’s decision to open the bowling with Mitchell Starc and Hazlewood, and not Cummins as NSW skipper Peter Nevill did in the Blues’ most recent Sheffield Shield match against Western Australia in Sydney, stirred up some former greats of the game.

Brett Lee was chief among them, arguing that as the world's No.1-ranked Test bowler, it was Cummins who should take the new ball.

“As a gentle guy off the field, he won’t push his case forward,” Lee said on the Fox Cricket commentary of the first Test. “He’s content to say 'wherever you want to put me, I’ll do it'.

“I think he’s earned that right to put his hand up and say 'OK skip, I want that new ball’.

“There’s a massive difference, I can promise you as a fast bowler. To take that brand new Kookaburra ball, that mindset is totally different. I hated [bowling first change] absolutely. There’s a huge ego that goes with being a bowler.”

Having starred in the Ashes, where it was only when Starc was included at Old Trafford that Cummins didn’t open the bowling, the vice-captain was highly effective in the wash-up despite being first change.

It was Cummins who made the key breakthrough after lunch, unsettling Shan Masood in a five-over spell that changed the momentum of a first day that hitherto had gone Pakistan’s way. Masood didn’t enjoy the treatment, particularly being smacked on the glove. Stung on an index finger, there was brief respite for the opener as he was assessed by the team physio. But after he edged one to Steve Smith at second slip soon after resuming, the dominoes fell quickly.

It demonstrated Cummins’ priceless value to the side, whether he’s opening the bowling or not.

If he has a world view anything like that of Lee, then he surely wants the new ball but Paine said his deputy was pragmatic about his tactics.

“We've communicated that with the three of them," the captain said before play. "I've spoken to Pat about that. He wants the new ball at times but all three of them are team men."

While Cummins enjoys a superior average and economy rate to Starc as an opening bowler, his control and ability to strike, however old the ball is, also makes him an enticing option for Paine as first change.

“I think any of the three of us can take [the new ball] at any time really," Hazlewood said after play on Thursday. "We saw Pat and Starcy take the second [new ball on day one], it was Starcy and I for the first one.

"Pat is such a good first-change bowler, a good bowler any time of the day, and that probably works against him."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...21-p53cw0.html

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is making a habit of clean bowling the main opposition batsman! The ball that cleaned up Shafiq would've got Babar too. Fully expect him to bowl Babar neck and crop sometime in the series!

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a quality bowler and I rate him higher than Hazelwood and Starc. Very Consistent.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the best cricketers in the world.. worked hard despite early injury setbacks and really a top bloke...

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pat Cummins Won't Change His Attitude Even For a 'Billion Dollars', Says Justin Langer

Pat Cummins became the most expensive overseas recruit in IPL’s history when Kolkata Knight Riders forked a whopping Rs 15.5 crore to secure him at the auction held on December 18. Australia coach Justin Langer feels that Cummins won’t be affected by the burden of a huge price-tag and expects him to continue performing at the same level that has made him one of the leading fast bowlers of the current generation.

“You could pay him (Cummins) a $100 million, you could pay him a $1 billion, it’s not going to change him,” Langer said on Wednesday. “They’re the sort of people you want in your team. You could pay him a billion dollars a day and it’s not going to change him. He just loves playing cricket, he’s an outstanding young bloke…it’s not going to affect him.”

Cummins wasn’t the only Australian to attract attention at the IPL 2020 auction held in Kolkata. Apart from fast bowler, the other Australian cricketers who commanded big price include Glenn Maxwell (Rs 10.75 crore), Nathan Coulter-Nile (Rs 8 crore), Marcus Stoinis (Rs 4.8 crore), Aaron Finch (Rs 4.4 crore), Kane Richardson (Rs 4 crore) among others.

Langer is hopeful the IPL stint is going to help Australian cricketers sharpen their skills ahead of back-to-back T20 world cups in 2020 and 2021. “Ultimately it’s their decision as well, they play 12 months of the year now, you have to look at short term and long term, you certainly can’t begrudge anyone being in the IPL, but from a purely big-picture point of view from us, the fact they are going to play 10-14 T20 games, where we’ll play in two years, and with the World Cup [next season] that can only help their skills. Hopefully it’s a win-win for everyone,” he said.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...-langer-910282

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    slightly out of form in the last few tests. lets see how he bowls in the final match of the year

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Absolutely brilliant cricketer.

I’m a firm believer that the benchmark of “all-time great” status is that you have to be either the best Test batsman or bowler in the world for a sustained, unchallenged period.

Now, Smith has failed to rise above Kohli (and vice versa) just as Lara failed to rise above Tendulkar.

But Cummins is the undisputed best Test bowler in the world, and he is already a great. If one of Kohli, Smith and Williamson can rise above the others they will join Cummins on that eternal pedestal.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiboy View Post
    slightly out of form in the last few tests. lets see how he bowls in the final match of the year
    The last two Tests have been with the 2019 version of the Pink Kookaburra, and it offers the bowlers nothing.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post

I’m a firm believer that the benchmark of “all-time great” status is that you have to be either the best Test batsman or bowler in the world for a sustained, unchallenged period.

Now, Smith has failed to rise above Kohli (and vice versa) just as Lara failed to rise above Tendulkar.

But Cummins is the undisputed best Test bowler in the world, and he is already a great. If one of Kohli, Smith and Williamson can rise above the others they will join Cummins on that eternal pedestal.
    Smith finished top of the rankings in 2015, 2016, 2017.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rabada, Bumrah and Anderson when fit are neck to neck with cummins I don't think he is undisputed best pacer in the world .

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Steve Smith Oct 2014 to now

5711 runs @ 73.21

Care to nominate a batsman with a longer sustained unchallenged period.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last two Tests have been with the 2019 version of the Pink Kookaburra, and it offers the bowlers nothing.
    but starc has taken truckload of wickets past few months and outbowled cuminns. bumrah also comfortably outbowled cummins a year ago.

in the aussie home series, cummins follows the pattern of taking many wickets in the end after not bowling for 3 tests.
    he took a 6 fer against india in the end of the series last year after only 8 wickets in 3 tests
    similar occurance in 2017 ashes as well in his comeback year.
    wonder if he will take a 5 fer upcoming match and adhere to the pattern.
    but cummins has been outbowled by one bowler in every home series.

however, he is always the best pacer in away tours,

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Took a 5 fer.
    He deserves to be a no 1 bowler.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andy0204 View Post
    Took a 5 fer.
    He deserves to be a no 1 bowler.
    Bowler of the decade what a bowler

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean&Green View Post
    Bowler of the decade what a bowler
    That credit goes to steyn.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No lbws in his last 70 wickets . What a fielding side Australia is unlike ours who couldn't catch a cold. Our bowlers had to amp up the bowleds and lbws because fielders were too busy gossiping about game of thrones.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and the overrating begins. Wow one 5'er. In home conditions.

Cream of the crop. Let's see of he can perform in sub continent now.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Perth, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    and the overrating begins. Wow one 5'er. In home conditions.

Cream of the crop. Let's see of he can perform in sub continent now.
    Never mind 29 wickets in the Ashes. What a hack

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Averages 30 or less in all the continents played.

However, a very small sample for IND and hasn't played in the UAE. Can get clobbered in these two places.

Quality till now but don't over hype him as a great until he delivers in Asia/UAE.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Best bowler in the world, that spell in the first session was 5*.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Averages 30 or less in all the continents played.

However, a very small sample for IND and hasn't played in the UAE. Can get clobbered in these two places.

Quality till now but don't over hype him as a great until he delivers in Asia/UAE.
    can? nope. will defintiely get clobbered into oblivion. I am sure starc will make up injury excuses and try to avoid india. Hazelwood is another dud in india. I am sure he will get pummelled.