Venue
    Perth, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    I know lillee struggled in Pakistan. Enough to write him off.
    Cummins struggled a little in India but not as bad as Lille did in Pakistan.

Cummins is playing alongside goat Smith though.
    Lille had not much help.

I still believe Cummins is the more complete bowler easily.
    I actually believe that McGrath > Lillee, but you can't say you are 100% sure when you never saw him play

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He has the knack of taking top order batsman wickets.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Pat Cummins.

He’s done it again.

A brilliant spell of 4-13 in 8 consecutive overs of pace and just enough movement to get the edge. The way it should be, Mitchell Starc, take notes!

I have always found something special about Cummins that neither Starc nor Hazelwood have. He’s the perfect combination of the two. The pace and fire of Starc with the line and length of Hazelwood.

He was the highest wicket-taker in the Ashes, had a fantastic ODI series where he outshined everyone, and is doing the same again in the current Test series in SA.

Here’s to hopes that he remains injury free and takes heaps of wickets.

Well done and long may it continue.
    And continue it has. What a champ. What a beast.

Should be the VC permanently.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If he maintains this performance for next 6-7 years, he will be a GOAT test bowler. An extraordinary test bowler, averages 20 in England and South Africa as well.

Smith GOAT test batsman and Cummins GOAT test bowler, yet they aren't even the best team in the world.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    If he maintains this performance for next 6-7 years, he will be a GOAT test bowler. An extraordinary test bowler, averages 20 in England and South Africa as well.

Smith GOAT test batsman and Cummins GOAT test bowler, yet they aren't even the best team in the world.
    Seems like you have'nt seen Bumrah "at his best"

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    Seems like you have'nt seen Bumrah "at his best"
    Bumrah is the best all-format bowler but Pat Cummins is a complete test class bowler of the highest quality.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    One poster was comparing Gillespie with Cummins. LOL.
    You really need to be high on nostalgia to even think something like this.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    One poster was comparing Gillespie with Cummins. LOL.
    You really need to be high on nostalgia to even think something like this.
    Probably because of the action and similar speeds. Cummins is way ahead of Gillespie though. He's in the zone like Mcgrath right now. Cummins has better speed & a better bouncer than Mcgrath as well. But we all know that Mcgrath was an anomoly. He just knew how to get people out in every conditions. So would be interesting to see Cummins bowl in Sub-continent.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cummins is much better than McGrath in my opinion, like I said Cummins is already a great and a heart and soul player, and his fielding alone is awesome.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Perth, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OffDrive View Post
    Cummins is much better than McGrath in my opinion, like I said Cummins is already a great and a heart and soul player, and his fielding alone is awesome.
    Can't say much better, although Cummins is looking to be the best test bowlers of his generation

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is cursed. Always gets 4 fers
    Always misses out on a 5 wicket haul

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OffDrive View Post
    Much better in terms of viewership. In terms of wicket taking ability worldwide, Mcgrath is still the goat.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pat Cummins has potential to reach the height of McGrath/ Steyn.. He is that good atm.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is really pleasing to watch.

During his wilder years, I thought he may not ever play a test again. And now, he is literally bossing it.

Biggest box office pacer in the world right now.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  cummins.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  448.9 KB

Virat Kohli is a modern day legend: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Quiet Eye: Allan Border Analysis on Pat Cummins

So I found this very interesting actually. Allan Border mentioned an article that he read somewhere about a theory in relation to Elite Athletes known as the Quiet Eye whilst analysing the relentlessness of Pat Cummins when it comes to line and length.

Border uses the example of Rogerer Federer (citing the article that he read) and explains how Federer is known to be a player who is the only one to remain focused on the connection of his back hand shot and the perfection of the execution of this shot longer than any other men’s Tennis player. Similarly, Cummins is a bowler who is highly focused on the spot that he wants to hit for the longest part of his run up and release point. They also used Mitchel Starc as a comparison, with Cummins still focused on the spot with the ball released, whereas Starc blinks or loses focus around the very last point.

To further explain this theory of the quiet eye, l did do some reading and found an article which Border May have cited, however the article focuses more on Serena Williams instead of Federer. However some very interesting snippets of the article that are relatable to sports in general:

“ Psychologists and neuroscientists have now identified some of the common mental processes that mark out elite athletes such as Williams. And one of the most intriguing aspects appears to be a phenomenon known as the “quiet eye” – a kind of enhanced visual perception that allows the athlete to eliminate any distractions as they plan their next move. Intriguingly, quiet eye appears to be particularly important at times of stress, preventing the athlete from ‘choking’ at moments of high pressure. It may even lead to the mysterious ‘flow state’.”

Furthermore, the article states:

“There is a small window of opportunity for the motor system to receive information from the eyes,” explains Sam Vine at the University of Exeter. “And experts have found a better way to optimise that window and to keep that window [open], which helps their movements to be really accurate and really precise.”

This quote from Sam Vine is supportive of Border’s argument when he applies it on Cummins. They also used Cummins’s pitch map from throughout the series and showed how Cummins hardly bowled anything on leg stump in the 4 Tests which was phenomenal!

To further quote the explanation provided by Border, he explains how Cristiano Ronaldo is more focused on the connection of his shot and keeps his gaze set on this connection rather than where the ball is heading as a result of it, because he already knows where the ball is heading (on target and in the goal).

I think this quiet eye theory is a brilliant spot by Border. It’s something that I hope can be relayed to the Pakistani think tank when preparing our bowlers and even batsmen really. It also shows the importance of sports scientists in your think tank/coaching staff who can pick up on these very intricate yet highly useful detail.

I will share the article for all to read. It also argues that this is something that can be taught to amaeur sportsmen and just think about how useful information like this can be for coaches who are training young amateur cricketers.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...s-for-athletes

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was Kerry O'Keeffe, not Border.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
    It was Kerry O'Keeffe, not Border.
    Right, I thought it was border in the comm box with Warne. My mistake, maybe mods can edit the title and also wherever I have written Border to O’keefe.

However the argument itself is still standing

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His endurance is frightening. Just keeps coming hard session after session and that's despite playing all formats, IPL etc. Not a single bowler in the world who can do it like that.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Perth, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just a machine
    No bowler I can remember could bowl so much at such a high quality

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by therealAB View Post
    Just a machine
    No bowler I can remember could bowl so much at such a high quality
    Those I know who saw him say it's just like watching Lillee again- aggression (in full length also, not just short but aggression in trying to take a wicket- being "at the batsman"), speed, similar skills, bowl all day and just have that x-factor. Complete fast bowler.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Cummins tried his heart out. Sadly let down by the likes of Starc, Lyon and Green. There is only so much one can do against a quality opponent

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best bowler in the world right now

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hats off to Pat Cummins the superman

Kept on trying his best, maximum effort and full of skills. Did not get support from other teammates especially Starc
    Hats off to him.
    True champion🙏

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    Kept on trying his best, maximum effort and full of skills. Did not get support from other teammates especially Starc
    Hats off to him.
    True champion🙏
    Best bowler in the world. Was as good a bowler in last hour of series as first hour.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing he can work on is a yorker

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiboy View Post
    The only thing he can work on is a yorker
    Both him and Hazelwood. This is why they aren't as good as Starc when it comes to wrapping up the tail

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top top bowling was let down by starc and Lyon

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    World class best bowler in the world

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Former Australia captain Michael Clarke said that fast bowler Pat Cummins is the ideal candidate to take over as the team’s skipper in all formats of the game. The post of Australia’s captain has been in the news recently due to batsman and former skipper Steve Smith saying that he is ready to take up the responsibility whenever he is required to. “Just because Cummins isn’t out there saying I should be the next captain and I’m ready… it doesn’t mean he’s not a good leader,” Clarke told Big Sports Breakfast.

“I’ve made it clear what I think about Pat Cummins. I think he’s shown he’s fit and strong enough to play all three formats now, he’s done that for the last few years. His captaincy I’ve watched tactically for New South Wales he’s been pretty good,” said Clarke.

Australia have been led by Tim Paine in Tests and Aaron Finch in limited overs since Smith was ousted from the post in the wake of the 2018 ball-tampering scandal. Clarke said that while Cummins, 27, is young and inexperienced as a leader, he will have experienced players around him to help him out, including Smith.

“Yes he’s young and inexperienced as a leader but he’ll have good senior players around him so to me I do believe Pat Cummins is the right guy to take over the leadership in all three formats at the right time. Of course, he will need a good vice-captain. An example of that — if (current Test captain) Tim Paine retires then someone like Alex Carey comes in, who has captained South Australia, captained (in) the BBL (Big Bash League), been vice-captain of Australia.

I think he would make a very good vice-captain. You’ve got the likes of Steve Smith, David Warner, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Marnus Labuschagne. All these guys have got leadership experience as well. They can help Pat Cummins,” he said. Clarke, who captained Australia in 47 Tests, 74 ODIs and 18 T20Is between 2007 and 2015 and led Australia to victory in the 2015 World Cup, said that regardless of whether Smith becomes captain of the team again or not, the talismanic batsman will always have an important role to play in the dressing room.

“You don’t necessarily need to have the captain or vice-captain armband to be a leader and I feel like I say that every single day. Smithy is going to play a huge role in the Australian team moving forward, whether he takes over the captaincy or not, his leadership is going to be important,” said Clarke. “If Pat Cummins gets the job, (Smith) is the first guy I would be going to and speaking to. He’s going to need his support. I think Australia does have options, they are in a wonderful place. They’ve just got to have the confidence to pick the right person, back him, and put some support around him,” he added.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...-clarke-975904

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a question and answer session on his YouTube channel, the pacer listed the battles he enjoyed against several batsmen from around the world.

“These are the best in the world and are the obvious ones as they don’t have any weaknesses. Each team has a couple of batters that are toughest to bowl to, but you want to face those challenges as it is most rewarding,” Cummins said.

“You talk about Joe Root and Ben Stokes from England. Then obviously, Pujara and Virat [Kohli] from India. You have got Kane Williamson and Babar Azam. In South Africa, there was AB de Villiers and Faf [du Plessis] is there. Every team has a couple of guys who are the prized wickets,” he added.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is a wonderful bowler. More suited to Test Cricket than LOIs.
    The only thing I would like him to add would be the 10fers. Rabada who has played 10 more tests than him has 4 10fers already while Cummins has just 1.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    In a question and answer session on his YouTube channel, the pacer listed the battles he enjoyed against several batsmen from around the world.

“These are the best in the world and are the obvious ones as they don’t have any weaknesses. Each team has a couple of batters that are toughest to bowl to, but you want to face those challenges as it is most rewarding,” Cummins said.

“You talk about Joe Root and Ben Stokes from England. Then obviously, Pujara and Virat [Kohli] from India. You have got Kane Williamson and Babar Azam. In South Africa, there was AB de Villiers and Faf [du Plessis] is there. Every team has a couple of guys who are the prized wickets,” he added.
    No surprise there. Pujara is undoubtedly the second most prized wicket in Indian team.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Big praise by Cummins but then he mentioned quite a few names in his list! Guess doesnt hurt to do that as it will pick him more YT subs

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Needs to keep his options open with PSL in the future

Smart work Patty

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kolkata Knight Riders player to let go of his million-dollar contract, will skip 2nd phase of IPL 2021: Report

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Saturday (May 29) confirmed shifting the remaining matches of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 to UAE. The IPL 2021 was suspended earlier this month due to 6 COVID-19 cases in different camps. The board was confident of resuming the league later and thus decided to postpone it.

The remaining 31 matches of the tournament will be played in the month of September-October. The availability of foreign players will be one of the biggest headaches as a few national teams have a packed schedule going ahead. The franchises will likely be allowed to pick replacements for the players who will pull out.

While English players are confirmed to skip the league, it has also been reported that Kolkata Knight Riders' pacer Pat Cummins will also give the tournament a miss. As per the Sydney Morning Herald, Cummins has already said that he will not return to IPL 2021
    The Australia pacer had created history in IPL 2020 auction by bagging a contract worth Rs 15.5 crore. It was the biggest bid drawn by any overseas player in the history of the league then (the record was broken by Chris Morris in IPL 2021 auction).

Cummins didn't have a great run in IPL 2020 last year as he scalped 12 wickets, 4 in the last league stage game, in 14 matches. In IPL 2021, he had dismissed 9 batsmen and scored 93 runs in 7 matches before the tournament was suspended.

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/...-report/763740

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark Waugh said Pat Cummins is favorite to be the next captain of Australian Test team, Steven Smith should be as Vice Captain.

Virat Kohli is a modern day legend: Viv Richards

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Kohli View Post
    Mark Waugh said Pat Cummins is favorite to be the next captain of Australian Test team, Steven Smith should be as Vice Captain.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they make Smith captain again either.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pat Cummins is the best bowler in the world but he will not be suited to captaincy of Australian team. They are too nasty a team to be lead by a babyface like Cummins or a Disney Princess like Mitchel Starc.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    DUBAI, Oct 21 (Reuters) - Fast bowlers will need a varied skillset to conquer the “tired” pitches in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Australia’s Pat Cummins said ahead of their Twenty20 World Cup opener against South Africa on Saturday.

The pacers would be a worried lot heading into the World Cup looking for ways to master the dry and slow pitches in the UAE which has split warm-up matches with Oman but hosts the rest of the tournament from Saturday.

The UAE also hosted the second leg of the Indian Premier League (IPL) which concluded on Friday, meaning fast bowlers face the prospect of toiling on wornout pitches in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah.

“A couple of wickets have been tired and a couple times you get some really good wickets,” Cummins told a virtual news conference on Thursday sharing his warm-up match experience.

“In Twenty20, you got to have a few different varieties. Bowling with a new ball up front is going to look quite different to how you bowl in the end.

“So you’ve got to be able to adapt and have two or three different spells within the 20 overs...”

The 28-year-old, who is returning to competitive cricket after more than five months, felt conditions in the UAE would significantly differ depending on match timing and bowlers would needed to adjust accordingly.

“The night games tend to be a bit more batter-friendly. There’s a bit of dew around and the ball skids on whereas the day games are a bit drier.”

“I think the biggest difference is when we talk about it being dry. That kind of brings in the slower balls.”

“Night games, if they start sliding on, you’ve got to look at other options. Maybe it’s yorkers, bouncers, and try different deliveries where the pitch is friendly for us bowlers.”

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dismissal of Nissanka in Dubai today:

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs