Venue
    Sindh, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the meaning of "Pun intended" in Urdu/Hindi

Please answer the meaning of this question with examples.
    What is the meaning of "Pun intended" in Urdu/Hindi
    What is the meaning of "No Pun intended" in Urdu/Hindi

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Pun intended"... "ye mazaq tha" , eg " mein tumari girlfriend key saath beach per tha kaal..abe yaar ye mazaq tha" ..dil per math ley yaar.

"No pun intended"... " koui mazaq nahi hai/mazaaq mat ley na"... e.g" agar tu ney meray paisay nahi wapis kya tu mein teray poray ghar ko ura daloon ga goli sey... isko koui mazaaq mein mat lye na".
    Last edited by rockers2012; 19th December 2012 at 09:37. Reason: A not-so decent word taken out

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not really. It's a play on words thing.

So people will often use it to highlight that they've made a play on words.

Doesn't really mean anything else so both No Pun and Pun intended only signify to the recipient that there was a play on words (a PUN)

So if there was a trial about a bear who witnessed some killings I could say something like I Bear Witness (no pun intended)

It's quite annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs
    Statistics are like burqas. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saqib S View Post
    Not really. It's a play on words thing.

So people will often use it to highlight that they've made a play on words.

Doesn't really mean anything else so both No Pun and Pun intended only signify to the recipient that there was a play on words (a PUN)

So if there was a trial about a bear who witnessed some killings I could say something like I Bear Witness (no pun intended)

It's quite annoying.
    In a way, the intended/hidden meaning is like silliness/joking/humorous....even if it was a play on words....but it would be taken as "mazaaq" in Urdu.

What is the purpose of having a play on words? i think being funny/humorous.
    Last edited by rockers2012; 19th December 2012 at 09:50.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    difficult i think to express in urdu, hope this helps the urdudaans to come up with something more appropriate than has been suggested thus far:

pun: the humorous use of a word or phrase so as to emphasize or suggest its different meanings or applications, or the use of words that are alike or nearly alike in sound but different in meaning; a play on words.

کجھ شہر دے لوک وی ظالم سن
    کجھ مینوں مرن دا شوق وی سی