Debut
    Apr 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mohammad Hafeez not wary of experienced MS Dhoni in upcoming series

Bangalore: Pakistan captain Mohammad Hafeez is not wary of his experienced Indian counterpart Mahendra Singh Dhoni and said as a skipper his main aim would be to motivate his team not to buckle under pressure in the limited over series against the hosts which starts here on Tuesday.

The much-anticipated bilateral series between India and Pakistan starts with the first of the two Twenty20 Internationals at the M Chinnaswamy stadium here.

"Dhoni is far more experienced captain than me and Misbah-ul Haq. But having said that every captain has to face challenges. My aim will be to see that my side plays without any pressure and express themselves as much they can," he told reporters after a long practice session on Sunday.

Apart from two Twenty20 Internationals, India and Pakistan will also play three ODIs in the bilateral series.

Hafeez said Pakistan is here to play good cricket and winning and losing doesn't make any difference to his side.

Hafeez also rued the fact that cricket playing nations refusal to tour the strife-torn country due to security reasons has deprived Pakistan from hosting any international matches for the last three years.

He, however, hoped that cricket will return to Pakistan soon and said he was proud of his team's sterling performances outside the country.

"We wish cricket returns to Pakistan soon and some of our youngsters get a chance to play in front of home crowd," he said.

Hafeez also said that the relations between the Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) and Pakistan Cricket Board is fast improving and felt that both the nations should play more for the betterment of the game.

Asked about the kind of craze back home for the upcoming series against arch-rivals India, Hafeez said the expectations were very high, especially when both the countries hate to lose against each other.

"We have come here to play good cricket and enjoy our game," he said.

Hafeez said the visiting Pakistan team has no issues with the security arrangements in India and they love touring the country.

"This will remain in this series as well," he added.

On veteran Shahid Afridi's chances of making a comeback into Pakistan's ODI squad, Hafeez said the two Twenty20 games against India will be vital for the dashing batsman.

"Afridi is a tough guy and I am sure he will wriggle out of the crisis. He is taking it positively and as a challenge. His preparation for the Twenty20 matches is excellent," he said.

Hafeez was out of the Pakistan team from 2007 till September 2010 and the 32-year-old said that period made him more mature as a cricketer.

"I have worked really hard (during that period) and now things have started to work for me. I would try to achieve more for my country," he said.

Source: PTI
    Last edited by SOSami; 23rd December 2012 at 12:03.

Big Cats...The Pride of PPCL.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it'll be better for the players to train rather than to give interviews with every passing hour. Jeez

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Down2Earth View Post
    I think it'll be better for the players to train rather than to give interviews with every passing hour. Jeez
    agree

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dhoni is also more experience captain than Cook and Morgan

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1090 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How about you rather then telling us who arent playing go tell it to the players and make sure they implement it.... Man we should have an A side match too.

"Pakistan have made a mess of it"

Heard it a Hundred times and counting.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Down2Earth View Post
    yeah.. simply boasting ..themselves.. saying they have this,They have that, they are special tactics, there are special deliveries against the Indians.....etc..etc.._old

"Beware of this world, for it is sweet and tempting.”

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HASHAM2 View Post

yes.. More EXPERIENCED.., But there isnt much tactics in him..

"Beware of this world, for it is sweet and tempting.”

Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tell u guys, Dew is gonna be a huge factor. In fact the toss would decide half of the match.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i hope Hafeez succeeds as kaptaan and plays a Kaptaan innings with bat and bowl and makes himself a hero out of this series as we are lacking it big time because there is no SHOAIB, WAQAR, WASIM, INZI, YOUSUF and etc. only LALA remains the start power here with Ajmal next to him. hope Hafeez does well and wins the matches and performs well and keep the team united

PPCL '13
    Right Arm FAST bowler of the Dhamakedar Dynamites

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much talk...seems to be under pressure!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winning one T20 game on the last ball of the match does not make Morgan better captain than Dhoni. Cook also yet to achieve what dhoni has done for India. One sunny day does not make summer.

India is the oldest and the oldest continuing civilization, with a history of over 10000 years.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Sindh, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why they always talk about pressure, this is the reason they get under pressure and lose the match. Don't they have anything positive other than pressure talk.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even Afridi has more experience than our hole team.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    rochdale
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Afridi is experienced at being a failure.

Nasir Jamshed- best ODI and T20 batsman