Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MQM supports Dr. Tahir-ul-Qadri's Long March on Jan-13-2013

According to Dr. Farooq Sattar hundreds of thousands MQM workers will march to Islamabad in support of Dr. Tahir-ul-Qadri's Long March.

It's going to be tough for Govt because of security situation because TTP has already announced that they will attack MQM & ANP.

Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correction. It's Jan-14.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time for PTI to join the show...

The PML N and PPP would get into panic mode

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time for PTI to join the show...

The PML N and PPP would get into panic mode

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stage is being setup for Musharraf's return

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can MQM be part of a march that's to topple their very own government?
    It's like chopping off the very branch you're sitting on.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0tt0man View Post
    well MQM will resign from the government

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hurray.....

Long march long march long march

We want our own Arab spring....

PTI needs to join in soon or risk becoming part of the status quo.

Khudi ko kar buland itna ke har taqdeer se pehle
    Khuda bande se khud pooche bata teri raza kia hai

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PTI would be tested here.

if they are working to save Pakistan IK will join in, if he is just self fish and wants to make a name for himself he will avoid it.

What is, Pakistan first or PTI first,

"When Manchester United are at their best I am close to orgasm"Gianluca Vialli

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so a party which by name alligns itself with secualarism teaming up with the dude who drafted the blasphemy law into the constitution

What people won't do for votes

''....the sea would be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted... ''(18:109)

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0tt0man View Post
    Haven't you been following MQM for the last 20 odd years...they are like a dickension novel...they are with and against the same thing at the same time...

They are the biggest allies of waderas, yet they are against waderaism and are headed by an urban wadera themselves...

They are against dictatorship, but they've been army's B team at any given opportunity...

They are the biggest opponents of terrorism, yet they are the biggest source of terrorism in Karachi...

They are extreme secularists, yet their party is headed by a peer who yearns for the Khulafa-e-Rashideen ka nizam...

They kill people and then show up at their funerals to mourn...

When a party is headed by the biggest joker out there then you shouldn't take any stances, statement, conduct, or policy coming out of that party too seriously...

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    Hurray.....

Long march long march long march

We want our own Arab spring....

PTI needs to join in soon or risk becoming part of the status quo.

one guy stays outside of country for last 5 years and the other guy's party has been in government for last 5 years with zardari...

I say stay miles away from it... Change via democracy only.

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MQM as usual playing both sides of the field. They are going to topple their own govt.

I always thought MQM supporters were less dumb than PPP supporters. But trying to justify this, is narrowing that stupidity gap

Ghareeb saray mar gaye
    Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to keep an eye on is PMLN and PPP NooraKhusti with PMLN demanding governors should be replaced before elections. One Governor in Punjab has been replaced and the next one in line is MQM's Ishrat ul Ibad.

MQM joining tahir ul qadri is to put street pressure on PPP to keep Ishrat ul Ibad. I don't think this will work as Ishrat ul Ibad has been a governor for last 10 years now and PPP's Noorakhusti with PMLN is more important than NooraKhusti with MQM.

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so it's clear that Army backing Tahir ?!

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ye anything against the gov. is by army otherwise PPP and Zadari are clean as a whistle.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insaftak View Post

one guy stays outside of country for last 5 years and the other guy's party has been in government for last 5 years with zardari...

No thanks, we do not want a change of governments, this country requires a complete clean up and REPLACEMENT for the political system which is impossible to be brought by democracy.

Only a bloody revolution is possible now.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post
    No thanks, we do not want a change of governments, this country requires a complete clean up and REPLACEMENT for the political system which is impossible to be brought by democracy.

Only a bloody revolution is possible now.
    No thanks we have already tried to clean the system quickly and have failed miserably...

and TUQ isn't preaching a bloody revolution...

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody revolution? Yeah let's see you taking part in that.

People with such "revolutionary" ideas are responsible for this mess in the first place.

Let there be elections, and a peaceful transition.

On another note, how exactly will MQM protest against its own govt?

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to keep an eye on is PMLN and PPP NooraKhusti with PMLN demanding governors should be replaced before elections. One Governor in Punjab has been replaced and the next one in line is MQM's Ishrat ul Ibad.

MQM joining tahir ul qadri is to put street pressure on PPP to keep Ishrat ul Ibad. I don't think this will work as Ishrat ul Ibad has been a governor for last 10 years now and PPP's Noorakhusti with PMLN is more important than NooraKhusti with MQM.
    So to keep their guy in an almost powerless and honorary post, where his main job consists of cutting ribbons and receiving foreign dignitaries, MQM is putting their whole political game on line. Makes sense....

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar_ahmad View Post
    MQM as usual playing both sides of the field. They are going to topple their own govt.

I always thought MQM supporters were less dumb than PPP supporters. But trying to justify this, is narrowing that stupidity gap
    As opposed to who, the brilliant PTI supporters..... Wonder why its been 15 years and still the party has nothing to show for other than one seat won sometime ago.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Change via democracy....wonder what IK has been doing for the last 15 years and still the only hope he has of winning more than his own seat is by including "electables" better known as "lotas" in his party. Keep dreaming....

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As opposed to who, the brilliant PTI supporters..... Wonder why its been 15 years and still the party has nothing to show for other than one seat won sometime ago.
    Read my post again plz. I said "in defending a protest against their own govt."

And I am sure you understand that PTI;s performance has nothing to do with why someone would back the party.

Nice try of a switch hit there though but sometimes, better to stick to the topic that was being talked about

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read my post again plz. I said "in defending a protest against their own govt."

And I am sure you understand that PTI;s performance has nothing to do with why someone would back the party.

Nice try of a switch hit there though but sometimes, better to stick to the topic that was being talked about
    There is a big difference between being part of a coalition govt. and "their own govt." Coalition does not mean they have merged into PPP nor does it mean agreeing with everything the other coalition partner does.

As for why is MQM still part of the coalition if they are going to be protesting aganst the govt. Is this march about toppling the current govt. or dissolving the Parliament or imposing martial law. No. It's about electoral reforms and formation of care taker govt., something every party should have the right to protest about.

And when did protest or marches became undemocratic. I thought those actions are part of a democratic society. So what is MQM doing which is so surprising. Using their democratic right to protest about something very pertinent to the future direction of our country. Supporting a cause which should be the main focus of all political parties.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it's not about that at all but about missed opportunities and lost momentum. Maybe what's going on inside PTI is a feeling that they missed their chance. They should have been the one starting this march and building all this momentum. I can bet if it was PTI who would have taken the initiative instead of TUQ, you guys would have been jumping up and down right now, busy making march preparation threads etc. Now you don't want be the followers. I can understand, vanity is not uncommon. But let's not fool ourselves here. The guy who did not even participated in the elections five years ago because of some principle stand now wants everyone to go along with the process for the sake of democracy. What has changed in five years. Zardari is President instead of Musharraf. Noon league is busy buying all the lotas out there and sprinkling fairy dust from all the development money on its constituents to buy their alliance. If by-elections are any indication, the electoral process and politics of patronage has not changed that much. In Mush' time media was shut down, today it has been bought. So what's the big difference.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Karachi for life!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol... Common sense is a rare commodity in Pak politics

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is, Pakistan first or PTI first,
    No, actually it's Altaf first and Qadri first. Together they as stooge would say extablishment and america/canada/UK first and second a piece of cake every 5 years...otherwise keep themselve hiding outside for the rest of the time with a moto 'drama/lies first'.

Enjoy the march!

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think MQM needed a darhi to hang on to after PPP held STs darhi and PMLN held SSPs darhi so just to keep in line MQM decided to hold the least worst of the threes darhi..

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a big difference between being part of a coalition govt. and "their own govt." Coalition does not mean they have merged into PPP nor does it mean agreeing with everything the other coalition partner does.

As for why is MQM still part of the coalition if they are going to be protesting aganst the govt. Is this march about toppling the current govt. or dissolving the Parliament or imposing martial law. No. It's about electoral reforms and formation of care taker govt., something every party should have the right to protest about.

And when did protest or marches became undemocratic. I thought those actions are part of a democratic society. So what is MQM doing which is so surprising. Using their democratic right to protest about something very pertinent to the future direction of our country. Supporting a cause which should be the main focus of all political parties.
    Who called protest marches as undemocratic?

And no, there is no difference between being in a coalition govt and having your own govt when it comes to protesting against the govt.

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MQaatilM showing their usual 'Munaafiq bakwaas' face

Theyre in the Government....theyre joining a march AGAINST the Government
    They 'leave' the Government because of petrol prices going up...they come back when they come down only a little (so still higher then when they originally left the set-up and 'protested')
    They've been in EVERY Government for the past 20odd years...complain about whats been happening for the past 20odd years
    They were in Musharraf's Government...they cry over 99-2008 period

Zardari seriously whipped MQM into shape...now theyre trying to get back anything they can get back

And now rumors of Ghaddar-e-Pakistan planning to maybe suddenly come back to Pakistan when Scotland Yard and close to his murdering a55

May God protect Pakistan from these murdering thugs and their 'plans' for Islamic Republic of Pakistan

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf...for the Quaid(ra) and Iqbal(ra)'s Pakistan

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    united Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a big fan of MQM and I know that the only reason they have joined Dr. Tahir Ul Qadri's march is for their own benefit but in regards to protesting against the government, well that isn't quite the case. The protest is against the corrupt system, and MQM cannot change that. You need a majority to change things in the parliament and the current majority is of corrupt people who came through a corrupt political system.

If the electoral process isn't changed, then the same faces will turn up following the next elections, we'll have a poor electoral turnout, the same candidates from those parties so for the few people that turn up at the elections, they'll have to pick the "best corrupt leader" not the best leader within that constituency. TuQ wants to change that system so that the same corrupt faces don't play millions to buy party tickets, pay people for votes, use their power to scare people.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsin View Post
    And now rumors of Ghaddar-e-Pakistan planning to maybe suddenly come back to Pakistan when Scotland Yard and close to his murdering a55
    Interesting please shed some more light on it.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba
    Wonder why its been 15 years and still the party has nothing to show for other than one seat won sometime ago.
    Because its been only 15 years

and also PTI has not been sleeping with everyone in power to maintain seats.

[]Wazeeri aka Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Wazeeri[/]

Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Runner Up View Post
    Interesting please shed some more light on it.
    Like i said man, just rumors (heard/read things on this)...who knows if its true, and who knows if Altaf 'my party has been in Government for the last 20odd years, yet ive still been out of the country, 'working' for my British Passport because its too 'dangerous' for me' Hussain will return

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PML(Q) Joins the movement too

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now Musharraf can feel that he is safe

Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wah seriously im sick and tired of these idiots thinking they can make fools out of the people...frst MQM and PML-Q...is VICE PRIME MINISTER Perveiz Elahi gonna be there also?

Idiots

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    excellent. So PMLQ and MQM, both part of the govt, are going to protest against the govt.

Only in pakistan

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsin View Post
    Wah seriously im sick and tired of these idiots thinking they can make fools out of the people...frst MQM and PML-Q...is VICE PRIME MINISTER Perveiz Elahi gonna be there also?

Idiots
    They CAN make fools out of people. I dont doubt that at all. Read some of the posts in this thread and you will see

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They CAN make fools out of people. I dont doubt that at all. Read some of the posts in this thread and you will see
    “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.” ― Winston S. Churchill

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Obviously Churchill wasnt talking about this march.

I hope you enjoy the protest with the 2 coalition partners MQM and PMLQ telling the people how bad their own coalition govts are.
    Last edited by waqar_ahmad; 31st December 2012 at 19:44.

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakprideuk View Post
    Not a big fan of MQM and I know that the only reason they have joined Dr. Tahir Ul Qadri's march is for their own benefit but in regards to protesting against the government, well that isn't quite the case. The protest is against the corrupt system, and MQM cannot change that. You need a majority to change things in the parliament and the current majority is of corrupt people who came through a corrupt political system.
    Who cares whether they have majority or not? They are part of the ruling coalition and they are responsible for everything that has come out of it since 5 years, good or bad. They elected the president, the prime ministers, helped carry the grand majority of motions and, where they can give ultimata about their own interests, they never cared about giving those for the things they cry about the whole day on the media.
    They are king-makers and they have shown that through making the government accept the interest dearest to their hearts (ie those who can allow them to carry on with whatever they are doing in Khi) so there is no excuse such as ''we couldn't make them accept''.

They are also the only party that has been in every single coalition for 10 years, so they are more responsible for Pakistan's current state than any other party, be it PPP or PML-Q.

The fact that they can get away by criticizing the governement 24/7 on tv just proves that their supporters (if there are any) don't have any clue about how democracy works.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    PML(Q) Joins the movement too
    Now Musharraf can feel that he is safe
    excellent. So PMLQ and MQM, both part of the govt, are going to protest against the govt.

Only in pakistan
    Yaro Yeh TO LOL HO GAYA

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PTI should sit back and enjoy this.

PPP and PMLN to come together and it fits in well with our strategy..

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noora kushti of the highest order.

Next up: Zardari protests against a political cell established in the presidency to rig the elections

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Monday ruled out the possibility of polling for national and provincial assemblies on the same day, saying that since the national and provincial assemblies had taken oath on different dates, thus their elections could not be held on the same day either.

Talking to reporters, the ECP Secretary Ishtiaq Ahmed Khan said that the constitutional tenure of the national assembly would be completed on March 16, 2013, whereas the constitutional tenure of the Sindh, Balochistan, Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa assemblies would end on April 4, 6, 8 and March 27, 2013 respectively.

To a query, he said that without dissolving all the assemblies on the same day, polling for national and provincial assemblies could not be held on the same day. To another query, he said polling for national and provincial assemblies on the same day will lead to mix-up and confusion among voters, and could result in wastage of many ballots.

According to election experts, voters are not educated enough to correctly cast their votes in simultaneous polling for the national and provincial legislatures, thus if polling was held on the same day many illiterate electorates would waste their votes.

They said in the simultaneous polling every voter is issued two ballots, which are considerably long due to the number of contesting candidates, whose names figure on them. Similarly, two ballot boxes are placed in every polling station for the national and provincial assemblies.
    However, political parties favouring the same day polling argue that the results of the one electoral exercise, say for the National Assembly, can’t impact the outcome of the second for the provincial assemblies.

But, election experts believe that if the polling is held on different days for the two sets of legislatures, the results of the National Assembly, which will be held first, could have influence over the opinion of voters casting their ballots for the provincial assemblies.

Therefore, some political parties may have to face a disadvantage in the subsequent polling for provincial legislature. If separate polling is held, the party winning the first round will have an excellent edge to fare better in the second exercise as voters generally tend to tilt towards it.

According to a former senior official of ECP, the electoral exercise becomes exceedingly marathon if the same day polling is held. In the case of separate polling, the workload is scattered on two days, which facilitates the process as a whole, and relieves the ECP of massive pressure.

He said since the constitutional tenure of the national and provincial assemblies had to complete on different dates, thus the elections should also be held on different dates instead of simultaneously.
    this might keep us in this game

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mqm is going to protest about itself and tell everyone how they have failed them......

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ With Deput Prime Minister being part of the protest

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Mqm is going to protest about itself and tell everyone how they have failed them......
    That is not correct. Supporting a government as part of coalition is one aspect and actually making the policies and running the day to day affairs of the government is another. MQM with its 25 members is supporting the PPP led federal government but that does not mean that PPP has to listen to everything from MQM. MQM has taken a stand on few issues and have pushed the federal government but they know it very well it can only be done a few times.

In Sindh government, PPP has simple majority and they dont need anyone to form the government. MQM is part of the Sindh government but all the key ministries are with the PPP.

MQM wants to side with Dr. Qadri, it is their decision and they strongly believe that they both share the same vision about the future of Pakistan's politics. There is absolutely nothing wrong on that.

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by endymion248 View Post
    Who cares whether they have majority or not? They are part of the ruling coalition and they are responsible for everything that has come out of it since 5 years, good or bad. They elected the president, the prime ministers, helped carry the grand majority of motions and, where they can give ultimata about their own interests, they never cared about giving those for the things they cry about the whole day on the media.
    They are king-makers and they have shown that through making the government accept the interest dearest to their hearts (ie those who can allow them to carry on with whatever they are doing in Khi) so there is no excuse such as ''we couldn't make them accept''.

They are also the only party that has been in every single coalition for 10 years, so they are more responsible for Pakistan's current state than any other party, be it PPP or PML-Q.

The fact that they can get away by criticizing the governement 24/7 on tv just proves that their supporters (if there are any) don't have any clue about how democracy works.
    I think your main argument is that if you are part of the government or system then you are also the main problem as well. If we go with that notion, then I am afraid that no one is ever going to fix anything in Pakistan. I think at some point every leader or every party has either aided a military dictator or have served under the military or civil dictator.

Again, you are keep on attacking MQM for the mere fact that they have joined every coalition or government in the last 10 + years. Simply reading your statements, I can tell say this for sure that you are absolutely not aware of the constituency politics of Pakistan. You have no idea how important it is be close to the government in Pakistan, even if you are in the opposition, for the sole purpose of development in your area. Yes MQM was part of the government and rightfully so, because they had the control of the biggest city and the economic hub of the country. They have won almost 85% seats from Karachi and Hyderbabad and I dont think they should be sitting in any opposition. Simply imagine the mayor of London or New York or congressmen or senators from these two cities are in a position where they can not do anything or bring any development for their cities.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So, should Punjabis curse on PML-N for sitting in the opposition and inhibiting the province's developement for the past 4 years? Or, if you're saying that they were actually in conivence with the ruling coalition and got all the privileges they needed from them, why couldn't MQM have done the same?

Besides, MQM are the one who didn't want to end this completely illogical mayor system which, in the cities, brings the kind of paradox on the basis of your argument, and only violence in rural areas.

Similarly, I don't quite see your point. Everybody knows that MQM is in the governement because they want to preserve their political and non-political influence in KHI, but the fact remains they have been on TV fustigating every single decision they have voted for and they are responsible for, whatever the reasons may be for them to have done so. From a democratical point of vue, they are the ones who have brought everything they have criticized, which is more than any opposition party in the Parliament.

If you're going to go with ''The end justifies the way'', then PPP have to get Waderas for financial support and rural (and even city) influence, why do everybody in here keep criticizing that?
    Last edited by endymion248; 31st December 2012 at 21:46.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    churchill should have seen this thread before coming with that statement

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MQMs got nothing to lose. If no march, things stay the same, they win 12-17 seats and become part of the coalition again. If march successful, take credit, get local bodies under care taker set up, consolidate their control over Karachi and win even bigger come elections. Win win IMO.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course MQM has nothing to lose. TQ has been sent by the establishment. And MQM and PMLQ have once again proven to be tools of the establishment by siding with TQ.

They sit in the govt and reap the benefits, and try to fool people by siding with the establishment, to show the public how anti corruption and anti status quo they are. Anti status quo my as*

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course MQM has nothing to lose. TQ has been sent by the establishment. And MQM and PMLQ have once again proven to be tools of the establishment by siding with TQ.

They sit in the govt and reap the benefits, and try to fool people by siding with the establishment, to show the public how anti corruption and anti status quo they are. Anti status quo my as*
    Who is anti-establishment anyways. All are somehow or another part of establishment.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can someone please explain to me why Qadri sahb is supporting MQM?

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs
    Mere immoral mortals,
    Mimicking a moral immortal.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saqib S View Post
    The real quetion is who is supporting qadri?

Perhaps they share the same backers
    Last edited by Eagle_Eye; 1st January 2013 at 11:36.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    united Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saqib S View Post
    Dr tahir ul qadri asked all parties to join in to reform system, MQM put its hand up first.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aray yaar, Altaf Hussain Tahir ul-Qadri ko apni unglio par nacha raha hai

Aur us bholay ko kuch samajh nahi ke kya ho raha hai

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    The real quetion is who is supporting qadri?

Perhaps they share the same backers
    Oh they have the same backers for sure. Both parties (MQM and PML-Q) going back to their parent institution for support.

It's a good thing PTI is keeping itself apart from this long march. The end result won't be very pleasant for the country.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedBulb View Post
    FB, thanks for sharing.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MQM supporters who were going back after today's Jalsa have been attacked with Motorcycle blast. 1 dead and 30 wounded so far.

Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Azaad media' Kuppe

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MQM supporters who were going back after today's Jalsa have been attacked with Motorcycle blast. 1 dead and 30 wounded so far.
    Karma. What goes around comes around.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is anti-establishment anyways. All are somehow or another part of establishment.
    Lo ge, now this excuse

ISI and army have seriously damaged pakistan. And that's why they should be opposed.

They prepare a grand plan for the elections, and their main tools (PMLQ and MQM) are all good, coz well, who is anti-establishment nowadays. And so they should not be opposed.

What logic
    Last edited by waqar_ahmad; 1st January 2013 at 15:27.

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i dont get it. whats the point? qadri doesnt want to stand in elections so why this march? and their marching against what? for the sake of marching? or against the govt they currently sit in? its beyond laughable!

chulo let these jahils run around like headless chickens with ther long marches. The PTI will continue with their dihaat awareness campaigns and then when the time is right will strike Inshallah!

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was almost a victim of today's bomb blast which was happened on MQM's and Qadri jalsa ...just two buses away my car was.

Today I witnessed a live bomb blast infront of my eyes in 30 years of my life.

i just dont understand how these political workers line up their buses on the main road.

if a place like Ayesha manzil....which is a frequent route for most travellers...then forget about karachi....nothing is safe in Pakistan

my final conclusion is......only poor people will suffer in pakistan and all these qadris, mullahs, political leaders will keep feeding lies, deception to the massess.

1 day 2013....nothing is changed....3 dead, 50 injured
    Last edited by rockers2012; 1st January 2013 at 16:41.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockers2012 View Post
    I was almost a victim of today's bomb blast which was happened on MQM's and Qadri jalsa ...just two buses away my car was.

Today I witnessed a live bomb blast infront of my eyes in 30 years of my life.

i just dont understand how these political workers line up their buses on the main road.

if a place like Ayesha manzil....which is a frequent route for most travellers...then forget about karachi....nothing is safe in Pakistan

my final conclusion is......only poor people will suffer in pakistan and all these qadris, mullahs, political leaders will keep feeding lies, deception to the massess.

1 day 2013....nothing is changed....3 dead, 50 injured
    Glad to know that you are safe.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to know that you are safe.
    I was worried about other innocent people. They paid a price for no reason.

Today is one of those incidents that will always remind me how cheap one's life is in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess who is coming back thanks to these parties ?

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stage is being setup for Musharraf's return
    Yeah , Tahir ul Qadri`s sudden popularity makes sense now and his support for Musharraf . What does not make sense is PTI jumping on this bandwagon ( yet ) .

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    i dont get it. whats the point? qadri doesnt want to stand in elections so why this march? and their marching against what? for the sake of marching? or against the govt they currently sit in? its beyond laughable!

chulo let these jahils run around like headless chickens with ther long marches. The PTI will continue with their dihaat awareness campaigns and then when the time is right will strike Inshallah!
    March is agains the corrupt govt. And those that are part of the corrupt govt, and have been for the last 4 years, will now tell the people how to stop corruption.

It's not that hard to figure out. Once people take their muttahida glasses off, that is.
    Last edited by waqar_ahmad; 1st January 2013 at 19:12.

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't understand the comparison with tahrir square

That was completely spontaneous and not hijacked by foriegn based politicians

''....the sea would be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted... ''(18:109)

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anything Qadri is confusing people, no one knows what his agenda is (MQM seems to have fair bit of idea though). I think Imran should stay away from this drama since he has worked so hard to bring change and bring reforms through proper channels. We don't need more enemies so let's stay neutral and watch the drama without taking part

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No thanks we have already tried to clean the system quickly and have failed miserably...

and TUQ isn't preaching a bloody revolution...
    What ever he is preaching has the potentional to turn into a bloody revolution.

and no we have never tried to clean the system up this way,

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    Guess who is coming back thanks to these parties ?

where is the source of his return?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post

There is more to it then demo crazy and its deluded supporters who are responsible to destroying this country.

Im not supporting TUQ but the only jahils are those who take part in this system and support it, and think stupid rallies with burger kids will bring a revolution through democrazy,

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What ever he is preaching has the potentional to turn into a bloody revolution.

and no we have never tried to clean the system up this way,
    I will throw my support behind him after they do 5 days of protests... The basic fact is they don't have the capacity to carry on with this for more than 1 day...

to sustain pressure they would need local support. I don't see any support for TUQ, MQM and PMLQ in Rawalpindi/Islamabad areas.

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will throw my support behind him after they do 5 days of protests... The basic fact is they don't have the capacity to carry on with this for more than 1 day...

to sustain pressure they would need local support. I don't see any support for TUQ, MQM and PMLQ in Rawalpindi/Islamabad areas.
    I dont know the ground situation there BUT TUQ can get loads of support from madrassas, especially if the tableegis join him.

However if it leads to chaos followed by anarchy, the army may move in. Kayanni has slept for long enough, now its time to wake up.