Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Kohli said that he would hit me to all parts of the park!" Junaid Khan

Quotes from Score

Junaid Khan:
    "I want to thank my dear ALLAH for blessing me so much." Junaid Khan

"I didn't take interest in cricket initially, played with tape-ball and never thought of becoming a professional cricketer." Junaid Khan

"I impressed one and all with my skills. I became very popular in tape-ball cricket. My cousin introduced me into hard-ball setup." Junaid Khan

"I played for a local club in Swabi and then played district cricket, where I got tons of wickets." Junaid Khan

"I worked very hard and aimed to make a mark. I wanted to do something for Pakistan." Junaid Khan

"My captain and coach helped me to a great extent when I made my debut for Pakistan. They gave me the all important confidence." Junaid Khan

"I have played against Sri Lanka many times and (I feel) the most dangerous batsman is (Mahela) Jayawardene." Junaid Khan

"The Indian tour was the biggest challenge of my life. I targeted their top order and by the grace of ALLAH, I succeeded." Junaid Khan

"On the eve of the 1st ODI, Virat Kohli came to me and asked me whether I would play. I replied with 'Inshallah'!" Junaid Khan

"Kohli said that he would hit me to all parts of the park." Junaid Khan

"The next morning, I took his wicket and punched the air. He, after the match, came to me and called the feat a 'fluke'." Junaid Khan

"In the 2nd ODI, I got him out again. He came to me again and revealed his strategy of playing all the shots in the book." Junaid Khan

"When I got him out in the 3rd ODI, he came to me that night, praised me and admitted by credentials." Junaid Khan

"Although, I have done well in T20s around the world, I want to focus on test cricket." Junaid Khan

"I believe that T20 cricket spoils a player's technique and disables him from playing test matches." Junaid Khan

"I got offers from the BPL and the SLPL, but I rejected them just for the sake of test cricket." Junaid Khan

"I want to stay fit and I follow a complete training and fitness schedule." Junaid Khan

"I want to replicate the performances of Wasim bhai and Waqar bhai. I want to become a legend." Junaid Khan

"I really appreciate the efforts of my fans, but there is a limit to everything. I avoid over-passionate fans." Junaid Khan

"Younis bhai advised me to focus on test cricket only and it has helped me a lot." Junaid Khan

"The tour of South Africa will be the toughest of my career. None of our bowlers has played there before." Junaid Khan

"Smith and de Villiers are on my target. I am working out their techniques and ways to trap them." Junaid Khan

"I want to make it clear that I have never been a mat-seller at any stage of my life." Junaid Khan

My grandfather had several plots and he used them to establish grounds, where kids could play." Junaid Khan

"It's my humble request to the entire nation to keep on cheering us and we promise to give it our best shot." Junaid Khan
    Last edited by MenInG; 22nd January 2013 at 07:11.

PAKISTAN

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haha. Well done, Kohli, I saw stumps flying on all parts of the ground

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    (I feel) the most dangerous batsman is Mahela Jayawardene

That's interesting since Pakistani's usually see Sangakara is the greatest SL batsmen.

"On the eve of the 1st ODI, Virat Kohli came to me and asked me whether I would play. I replied with 'Inshallah'!"

That too is an interesting story. It seems Virat didn't know much about Junaid prior to the series.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kohli is a bit of a joker. Good for him.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UmraBad 102 SL colombo street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    koli was trying to put pressure on him ...

koli has only played 1 good inning vs pakistan and he thinks he some sort of pak basher

pak sar zameen zindabad

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Lol, Kohli got pwned.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why is Junaid Khan opening his mouth suddenly? I thought he was calm dude.

Now all of a sudden he is running his mouth. First he says he is targeting Smith and ABD and now he says that Kohli said all those things to him. Why didn't he mention these things during the series?

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mithun_minhas View Post

Now all of a sudden he is running his mouth. First he says he is targeting Smith and ABD and now he says that Kohli said all those things to him. Why didn't he mention these things during the series?
    It's an interview, perhaps the interviewer has asked him questions regarding his experience on the tour of India?

"Allah ne insaan ke haath mein sirf neeyat aur koshish di hai, kamyaabi woh deta hai." - Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Sorry I don't know what Junaid has done wrong here. Surely Kohli is the one who's had some silly things, not Junaid.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    This story will go with Kohli now throughout his career

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iHammad View Post
    It's an interview, perhaps the interviewer has asked him questions regarding his experience on the tour of India?
    Ok, that explains it then. Kohli surely got owned in the series.

Indians cannot play moving ball and the conditions in India were ripe for the likes of Junaid to exploit. Even B.Kumar looked like a demi-god when the conditions helped him.

Lets see if can reproduce the same against a much better batting lineup of South Africa. If he can, then he could probably be the best bowler around.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro he was asked these question, you really need to watch the interview before making such comments oh and regarding smith and AB (Same interview), he was asked who was he targeting.

PAKISTAN

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Its hurting someone

Pakistan Zindabad

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketpassion View Post
    Its hurting someone
    Nope.

I am fan of Indian cricket. Not a homer to cry over things.

The thing I found suspicious was all the recent utterances of Juniad Khan. Looked unlike him.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli is Junaid khan Bunny

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    811 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Media could have exaggerated his statements. That being said, got a good kick on the bum which he needed. Will only help him in the future.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL so emotional dude! Well relax, he didnt say any of those things and lot of things got lost in translation. All he meant to say was that they knew each other from their under 19 days and when he told Kohli that he would be playing the first ODI, to which kohli said(jokingly or friendly banter) that he would hit him all around the ground and then junaid told him how everyone from pakistan wanted him to get kohli's wicket. At no point did he suggest that he shut him up for his big words if thats what ticked you off lol

Anchor asked him bout his plans for South African tour and he told him that he'd love to get Smith's wicket as he would face the "NEW BALL" and AB as he comes down the order and would most likely face Junaid when he comes back into the attack to bowl with the older ball. He didn't do a McGra here.

For next time, i will tell Junaid to tell everything in detail so it wont get derailed or hurt Indian fans and i dont think he meant to HURT you or put down Kohli, though i wouldn't mind if he did for how Kohli carries himself but thats for another day

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Barcelona
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, that explains it then. Kohli surely got owned in the series.

Indians cannot play moving ball and the conditions in India were ripe for the likes of Junaid to exploit. Even B.Kumar looked like a demi-god when the conditions helped him.

Lets see if can reproduce the same against a much better batting lineup of South Africa. If he can, then he could probably be the best bowler around.
    Calm down, Kumar didnt look anywhere near Junaid quality. Kumar at best will be average ODI bowler while Junaid is looking to be great in tests.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shouting like angry shouting or jokingly shouting?

Pakistan Zindabad!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Good banter between the two

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli has no character you can tell. If you want to be like one of the all time greats for your country like David or tendulkar, you better start acting like them too.

I really hope this kid keeps getting owned by bowlers all around the world

Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More quotes added

PAKISTAN

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone have video

If I ever needed inspiration I just turn to my left and see Hashim reading the Quran! - Dale Steyn

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    DEVILs BASEMENT
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "On the eve of the 1st ODI, Virat Kohli came to me and asked me whether I would play. I replied with 'Inshallah'!" Junaid Khan

"He (Kohli) shouted at me and vouched on hitting me to all parts of the park." Junaid Khan

"The next morning, I took his wicket and punched the air. He, after the match, came to me and called the feat a 'fluke'." Junaid Khan

"In the 2nd ODI, I got him out again. He came to me again and revealed his strategy of playing all the shots in the book." Junaid Khan

"When I got him out in the 3rd ODI, he came to me that night, praised me and admitted by credentials." Junaid Khan

cool story

should make it mandatory for Nursery and KG kids...........kinda like that "Crying Wolf" story

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LethalSami View Post
    cool story

should make it mandatory for Nursery and KG kids...........kinda like that "Crying Wolf" story
    And it would end with:

''Pyaray bacho, itni bari baat mat karo kay teen din baad rohtay hua wapis laney paray Kohli uncle jaysa''

''There was a man who had been away on a journey and had then come back home. He strutted about town, talking loudly and at great length about the brave deeds he had accomplished in the various lands he had visited. In Rhodes, the man said, he had jumped such a long jump that no man alive could equal it, and he claimed that there were witnesses who could back up his story. A bystander then remarked, 'Alright! If you're telling the truth, here is your Rhodes: go on and jump!'
    The fable shows that talking is a waste of time when you can simply provide a demonstration.''

Some random translation of Aesop
    Last edited by endymion248; 22nd January 2013 at 00:00.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga, the best city in the world.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be less bitter bro

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Cool story bro.

aaj mujh ko bahut burā kah kar
    aap ne naam to liyā merā
    -----Jaun Eliya

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aj kal kay bachay.. aek do shot kya maar liyay apne ap ko Bradman samaj rahay hain..

Kohli got served some humble pie!

21 balls.. 1 run.. 3 dismissals..

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched it on DM. Don't think he said he shouted, he said it was dostana(friendly) banter.
    They are friends with each other from U-19 days.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Junaid owned Kohli like Harbhajan owned Ponting.. always good to see great batsmen getting owned by upcoming bowlers.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^Kohli not a great though.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    watched the show.. from the show it seemed like a very friendly banter b/w two old friends. And he told it in a very simple way. There was no bragging no cockiness.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "He (Kohli) shouted at me
    and vouched on hitting me
    to all parts of the park"
    Junaid
    i saw the interview.. I did not hear Junaid saying that kohli shouted at him.. he was describing that event as a friendly banter..

Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So he shouted when they were speaking standing close to each other? and he wants us to believe this? lol

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Junaid was helped by better bowling conditions in India. Kohli will get his chance to settle the score...

India is the oldest and the oldest continuing civilization, with a history of over 10000 years.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    DEVILs BASEMENT
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singham View Post
    So he shouted when they were speaking standing close to each other? is this even believable story???lol
    minute yet important details lost in translation..

since video/original is available, better watch that rather than posting 'lol'

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    INDIA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfu90 View Post
    ^Kohli not a great though.
    Kohli is not great but Junaid is already a legend

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleMan View Post
    Junaid owned Kohli like Harbhajan owned Ponting.. always good to see great batsmen getting owned by upcoming bowlers.
    Great? Who ..... Kohli?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singham View Post
    So he shouted when they were speaking standing close to each other? and he wants us to believe this? lol
    Must be a mistake here.. Junaid did not say kohli shouted at him.. He just said kohli was telling him that he would attack him from the start. Its not easy to write down every detail that was said in an interview perfectly..

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ABSOLUTELY LOVED HIS APPROACH AND HOW HE HANDLED IT!

He kept his mouth shut against Kohli's verbal assault and let the ball do the talking. THAT'S what I want from every Pak player instead of their usually big mouth talk before the game and end up having their tail in legs.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, what's the big deal even if u were a mat seller? Whats wrong for someone to work it out from the bottom up to the top? Can't mat sellers become great cricketers?

I guess next time if some idiot newspaper guy asks if u were a mat seller, you should look straight into his eyes and tell him "No I am not but the real question is, what if I was???"

This will shut him for good and also bring a great deal of hope and confidence to our kids from Lower income back grounds that YES, with hard work and dedication we can also elevate to top level. Let these kids know that there is nothing wrong in being a mat seller. And the door of opportunity is open to everyone in our country.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Comparing with Ponting.. .... Bugz Bunny being compared with a Legend..

"Beware of this world, for it is sweet and tempting.”

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    Kohli has no character you can tell. If you want to be like one of the all time greats for your country like David or tendulkar, you better start acting like them too.

I really hope this kid keeps getting owned by bowlers all around the world
    lol it was just good banter man.cant believe people hating on him for these comments.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post the video please guys.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HazTheGreenKnightRises View Post
    Comparing with Ponting.. .... Bugz Bunny being compared with a Legend..
    Even Ponting was bhajji's bunny.. in 2001 he got Ponting out everytime for the score of 0,6,0,0, 11. Kohli is already destined for greatness ( at least in ODIs) second fastest to 4000 runs and ICC ODI cricketer of the year for 2012..and hope Junaid has a great career and becomes like Bhajji ( by reaching 400 wickets).

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    had the last laugh absolutely owned him no doubts about that one

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice interview. may allah bless him with more and more success and he becomes our next Wasim. Sultan of SWING. Kohli golden days are over. Juni impressed a lot in the india series and hope he does great in S A aswell

PPCL '13
    Right Arm FAST bowler of the Dhamakedar Dynamites

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Historical Words...

"Kohli said that he would hit me to all parts of the park." Junaid Khan

Golden Words.....Every talented player needs to think this way...

"Although, I have done well in T20s around the world, I want to focus on test cricket." Junaid Khan

"I believe that T20 cricket spoils a player's technique and disables him from playing test matches." Junaid Khan

"I got offers from the BPL and the SLPL, but I rejected them just for the sake of test cricket." Junaid Khan

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SL_Fan View Post
    had the last laugh absolutely owned him no doubts about that one
    What about your team?Kohli owns them left right and centre.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryankhan View Post
    nice interview. may allah bless him with more and more success and he becomes our next Wasim. Sultan of SWING. Kohli golden days are over. Juni impressed a lot in the india series and hope he does great in S A aswell
    agreed on all

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Yeah on highways. You saw what happened when the ball actually started doing something

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Guys - pls note that this was just banter between 2 players.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SL_Fan View Post
    Yeah on highways. You saw what happened when the ball actually started doing something

He has owned you guys everywhere you have faced him.

aaj mujh ko bahut burā kah kar
    aap ne naam to liyā merā
    -----Jaun Eliya

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^ Conditions were helpful & Junaid did well no doubts in that, so on roads bowlers will be useless but on greentops batsmen should be useful?

That ceratinly seems exaggerated by the reporter/ interviewer. Anyways people will see the real worth of a contest in a TEST series not in a 3 match ODI series.

If Kohli had told something like Ajmal, Hafeez, Gul n Riaz told they will take my wicket & not let me score with ease after that Asia cup knock/ T20 WC the same set of people would have called it a bluff

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    The sad thing is those weren't even green tops, if there were green tops you'd see consistent under 100 scores and even a odd sub 50.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    As I said yeah on

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Averaging 35 against us is owned left, right and centre?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    ^ Conditions were helpful & Junaid did well no doubts in that, so on roads bowlers will be useless but on greentops batsmen should be useful?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug22zX_TDno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjRhbPk-zi4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gPNQIFVSWQ

Nice try, your FTBs may not score runs on greentops, doesn't mean Junaid Khan doesn't take wickets on roads
    Last edited by endymion248; 22nd January 2013 at 10:19.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Delhi,India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    friendly or not its really a very good banter ...I love this ...

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Delhi,India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing unexpected after Asia cup match so many same Pakistani posters here put the comments here in favor of Kohli ...

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

junaid is a superb bowler and he can say whatever he wants.
    Last edited by DHONI183; 22nd January 2013 at 11:20. Reason: A few word removed

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    Leicester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    obviously the players respect each other and it's a good sign they took and "socialise" off the pitch.

fans need to calm down and take these comments as just a bit of fun.

both kholi and junaid look to be future top competitors for their countries and hopefully the paths will cross again making more fun moements for everyone involved. right now it's 1-0 to junaid, (maybe 3-0 ;)

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kohli got great deliveries.I think he motivated Junaid enough

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli is one of the Top 3 ODI Batsmen in the world doesn't matter what anyone says.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why has every1 skipped this quote ?

"People Laugh At Me Because I'm Different,I Laugh At Them Because They Are All The Same"

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    such is the greatness of kohli that junaid will be remembered forever for owning him completely in this series..just like shoaib akhtar is remembered for getting tendulkar out with the first ball he bowled to him and just like harbhajan singh is remembered for owning ponting in 2001.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing i can make out of interview and thread is no matter what Pakistani fans claim atleast Junaid thinks Kohli has been best wicket for him and hence the mention...

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    such is the greatness of kohli that junaid will be remembered forever for owning him completely in this series..just like shoaib akhtar is remembered for getting tendulkar out with the first ball he bowled to him and just like harbhajan singh is remembered for owning ponting in 2001.
    Harbajan who?

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Front Foot View Post
    Harbajan who?
    one of the three great bowlers whom Ponting said that troubled him the most, the other two being curtly ambrose and wasim akram.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    ... are you out of your mind comparing Shoaib with Bunny Bhaji..!!!!

Shoaib has not only owned Sachin many a time, but also many other great batsmen..
    Also Junaid has Not only owned Kohli in 3 consequitive times but also Sangakkara within his limited career Time.....
    and Not just a Ponting Basher...
    So Just dont raise such a pathetic comparison which you dont have enough knowledge

"Beware of this world, for it is sweet and tempting.”

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Toronto/Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good, fun, friendly banter. With the pakistani coming out on top

Show a little bit of moderation, in both denouncement and praise.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two future legends of Pakistan and India just having a banter.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by battler View Post
    lol it was just good banter man.cant believe people hating on him for these comments.

Yeah I agree. Should have not been stretched this much.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IamIndian View Post
    Junaid was helped by better bowling conditions in India. Kohli will get his chance to settle the score...
    Does that mean Jamshed will score double hundreds against India under batting conditions?
    Last edited by Stewie; 22nd January 2013 at 20:14.

Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    FACT You said in a previous thread that Jadeja is better than Afridi because he has better averages.

FACT Afridi scored 7000+ Runs and 300+ wickets

FACT I said that I would remember it for further reference but you didn't remember it

FACT You have double standards and no consistency whatsoever.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As for the wickets argument, it just shows how mediocre your lot is.

As soon as one of our player's average is over 30, he doesn't deserve to play, no matter what his wicket tally is, for how long he's been playing and what wicket record he's closing to, while you guys stick with the same crappy bowlers just for the sake of saying, at the end of the day, that he's gotten to a certain number of wickets which he was bound to get anyway with his 35 runs per wicket average and bowling to tailenders.

If Pakistan only had one U-25 average in the period we're talking (Shoaib to Junaid) about, your argument would make sense. But we've had at least 5 of them so this simply proves that we have higher standards and more competition than you.

How many U-25 averages does India have? Oh, that's right, NONE.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by endymion248 View Post
    Averaging 35 against us is owned left, right and centre?
    FACT You said in a previous thread that Jadeja is better than Afridi because he has better averages.

FACT Afridi scored 7000+ Runs and 300+ wickets

FACT I said that I would remember it for further reference but you didn't remember it

FACT You have double standards and no consistency whatsoever.

FACT Pakistani PPers use avg as a measure,ignoring runs or wickets,hence Ajmal is compared to Harbhajan or Akhtar/Asif to Kapil dev.

FACT if an Indian beats a Pakistani in terms of Avg and Runs then suddenly all sorts of varied self picked stats like Avg in winning games etc etc etc comes.

FACT i am on this forum longer than you so you can remember whatever you want i know what i post and what someone else do.

FACT Some PPers have double standards to hype up their players.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    As for the wickets argument, it just shows how mediocre your lot is.

As soon as one of our player's average is over 30, he doesn't deserve to play, no matter what his wicket tally is, for how long he's been playing and what wicket record he's closing to, while you guys stick with the same crappy bowlers just for the sake of saying, at the end of the day, that he's gotten to a certain number of wickets which he was bound to get anyway with his 35 runs per wicket average and bowling to tailenders.

If Pakistan only had one U-25 average in the period we're talking (Shoaib to Junaid) about, your argument would make sense. But we've had at least 5 of them so this simply proves that we have higher standards and more competition than you.

How many U-25 averages does India have? Oh, that's right, NONE.
    How many Pakistani batsman avg 50+ away from home?Let me guess?NONE.

Harbhajan's avg crossed 30 in 2009-10 only.Then he had a good series in South Africa and played for another few series and then got dropped.

Regarding my lot being mediocre let me list a few things:

1.Which team has a series win in WI?

2.Which team beat WI(arguably the greatest team ever) in a WC final?

3.Which team beat the Aussies in 2001 to stop their 16 match unbeaten streak?

4.Which team was 10-10 throughout the 2000s againist the Aussies?

5.Which team has more WCs?

6.Which team reached the test world no.1 ranking and remained there for 18months?

7.Which country's entire team was indicted in match fixing by their own judge but spared of punishment?

Thank you,i will take my mediocre team over yours anyday.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    FACT Pakistani PPers use avg as a measure,ignoring runs or wickets,hence Ajmal is compared to Harbhajan or Akhtar/Asif to Kapil dev.

FACT if an Indian beats a Pakistani in terms of Avg and Runs then suddenly all sorts of varied self picked stats like Avg in winning games etc etc etc comes.

FACT i am on this forum longer than you so you can remember whatever you want i know what i post and what someone else do.

FACT Some PPers have double standards to hype up their players.
    You're right that you're older than me on these forums. MAybe reached by Internet Alzheimer?

Batting avg of 30 bowling avg of 35.As good a player as legend Afridi i dare say.
    Don't talk about double standards and hype, it doesn't suit you.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How on earth did Harbhajan make an entrance in this thread ? FACT

baffles me tbh

Stick to the topic guys Stick to the topic

No more off topic posts PERIOD - FACT too
    Last edited by A-1; 22nd January 2013 at 20:57.

PAKISTAN