Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Musharraf's era vs Zardari era?

am I the only one who thinks Musharraf's govt. and it's performance was 10x better than this Zardari regime?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Musharraf's era was much better.

Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the best thing about him was that he'll address the nation every now and then and was in contact with the common people...Zardari doesn't even bother addressing the nation or go out of his president house or Bilawal house.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Q&A with PJ Mir 24th January 2013 on DinNews

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it wasn't a good era at all.

Musharraf's existencehad no effect on the economy. The global economy was booming during 2000-2007 so how can people attribute the economy to him - people forget Musharraf's last two years when inflation was high, the cost of living was increasing and unemployment rapidly increased. Nothing was done about electricity shortages. There was the decision to export wheat in 2007 that created shortages and price hikes that helped bring down the PML-Q government and ultimately led to President Musharraf's departure.

The vulnerability of the economy to external funds was revealed by the data on investments and its sources by the finance ministry. During the Musharraf period, the rate of investment had increased by a third, from 17.2% of GDP in 2001-02 to 23% in 2006-07. However domestic savings have declined from 17.8% to 16.1% of GDP in the same period.

This means that the economy was even more dependent on foreign flows than was the case in the 1990s.

The sale of Pakistan Steel Mill is just one example of Musharraf's corruption. He was going to sell it for nothing. It was Supreme Court who stopped this madness.

And then after 2005, Musharraf ran roughshod over every civilian institution such as the Supreme Court and the media. There was the State of Emergency which created unnecessary chaos. It was under Musharraf that the drone programme started.

PPP and PML-N were weak after the 1990s but Musharraf came in and made martyrs out of both parties. A wasted era.

Alan Wilkins: Kamran Akmal, as quick as a cobra !

Kami then proceeds to miss two stumpings...

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    HK/KL/Sydney..heart is in Chach, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you OP

But then again..I could run the country better then the current clown..anyone who cares about Pakistan could cause this zardari doesn't care at all !

Alone we are Pathan, Punjabi, Sindhi and Balochi...together we are Pakistan

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As somebody outside Pakistan...Musharaff Era Pakistan was much more preacefulll....and Pakistan was not in news as much as it is now...

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were a Pakistani, I will never want Musharaff's era

1. He damaged civil institutions.
    2. Diplomacy was nil as it shows the way he joined WOT.
    3. Kargil was never a strategic step for Pakistan.
    4. Whatever better economy ppl talk about his era is not cuz of his policy but due to other reasons which were not sustainable.
    5. Most of the situations today are because of Mush's action or inaction during those decade.

Laughing Faces Don't Mean Absence Of Sorrow. It Means That They Have The Ability To Deal With It

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    HK/KL/Sydney..heart is in Chach, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Garuda bhai I understand your point...but..

You didn't have to go through 5 years of zardari...if you did you wouldn't see Musharraf in such bad light anymore. Seriously zardari has done absolutely nothing but steal as much as he can from the country

Alone we are Pathan, Punjabi, Sindhi and Balochi...together we are Pakistan

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mush over Zardari anyday.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    DEVILs BASEMENT
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mush era was better...

POLL please

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    If I were a Pakistani, I will never want Musharaff's era

1. He damaged civil institutions.
    2. Diplomacy was nil as it shows the way he joined WOT.
    3. Kargil was never a strategic step for Pakistan.
    4. Whatever better economy ppl talk about his era is not cuz of his policy but due to other reasons which were not sustainable.
    5. Most of the situations today are because of Mush's action or inaction during those decade.
    Well said and I fully agree with your observation.
    But purely in terms of where our country was standing, Musharraf's era was definitely better than Zardari.

Having said that, I prefer living in the present. Dictatorship has only resulted in ruin. Short term gains but detrimental in the long run.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compared to the current Zardari regime, even a banana republic run by an incompetent and ruthless tin pot dictator will look lie a utopian state...

So comparison between Zardari and Mush is nothing but a poor attempt to show Mush in a good light, when Mush was only marginally better then Zardari...

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Beyond The Wall
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Better' isn't always 'ideal'.

You may feel better test driving a Bugatti Veyron, but it's not for everyone. Many (in fact most) better things in life come at a big price and you can't afford to pay that. Pak army has over the years provided temporary stability and direction to your country but like Garuda mentioned, your nation had to pay a big price for that service. Your democratic institutions got weak as a result of army interference and it has eventually pushed you back by a few years, so much that the likes of Bangladesh are expected to get ahead in coming few years.

Students will feel 'better' if a comedian shows up in their class instead of history or science teacher but that doesn't help them in studies. In that sense, 'better' in itself is irrelevant. What matters is the price that you pay for it and the 'real' difference that it makes.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Austin, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    the best thing about him was that he'll address the nation every now and then and was in contact with the common people...Zardari doesn't even bother addressing the nation or go out of his president house or Bilawal house.
    its because Zardari knows if he address the nation "usko gaalian paren gi"

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andhoon mein Kaana Raja

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Austin, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarrar View Post
    Compared to the current Zardari regime, even a banana republic run by an incompetent and ruthless tin pot dictator will look lie a utopian state...

So comparison between Zardari and Mush is nothing but a poor attempt to show Mush in a good light, when Mush was only marginally better then Zardari...
    I agree about first half of your statement but not second. To say he was marginally better would be like saying Inzi is marginally better than Salman Butt. The pain people are feeling in Pakistan is much more phenomenal, they never complained about basic needs in Mush's era. Sure they complained about his authoritarian rule, dismissing judges, introducing action against Lal Masjid etc. but common man had relief , much more than during Zardari's rule.

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a serious question? Mush was a dictator who was never voted in by people of Pakistan. He was a an employee of Pakistan state and had no right to rule the country. Problem with our people is that they have short memories, no patience and no respect.

Mush created most of the issues in the country today. Drones, Talibanisation, Bilochistan issue were all there during Mush regime. He was a traitor who screwed the country and brought it to its knees to his lust for power.

PPP was almost wiped out in 97 and N was heading in the same direction but this h@rami messed the whole system up and took us back to 1980.

Made heroes of Bhutto and Sharifs and they are back.

we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SS Bhai: i am not supporting Mush. But when he is compared to Zardari then it is not fair. Zardari is a crook. Anyone would be better than Zardari. I really feel sorry for the people of PKistan who support mr 10%.

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An elected jagga daku would be better then that traitor Musharraf.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Musharraf is the one who brought Zardari into power. What's the point of this thread ?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed-sohail View Post
    An elected jagga daku would be better then that traitor Musharraf.
    Hogwash!
    No Pakistani voted for Zardari. Election was a drama. The power transfer deal was already done between Musharraf and Benazir in Dubai. Joe Biden was the deal broker.

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleefa View Post
    Hogwash!
    No Pakistani voted for Zardari. Election was a drama. The power transfer deal was already done between Musharraf and Benazir in Dubai. Joe Biden was the deal broker.
    Yes they ensured N league was within touching distance of PPP. It was Americans who gifted MMA all them seats in 2002. Blame America and never accept responsibility for our own mistakes.

Election results in 2008 were predictable and expected. N league won Punjab and PPP held south Punjab and Sindh.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a fan of Mush but the honest truth is that he was a PATRIOT and probably better then all the leaders in our history.

"When Manchester United are at their best I am close to orgasm"Gianluca Vialli

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SS Bhai: i am not supporting Mush. But when he is compared to Zardari then it is not fair. Zardari is a crook. Anyone would be better than Zardari. I really feel sorry for the people of PKistan who support mr 10%.

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post
    Not a fan of Mush but the honest truth is that he was a PATRIOT and probably better then all the leaders in our history.
    Is this a joke?

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insaaniyat View Post
    You Are still living in the past with 10% ? Now it might be 75%. Only one secretary OGDC has done 80 billion rupees of corruption . What about the rest?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Musharraf was a thousand times better.

This does not mean Mush was perfect. He made lots of mistakes, of course. But overall Zardari has caused much more damage to Pakistan in 5 years than Mush would have done in 50.
    Last edited by 90MPH; 26th January 2013 at 20:35.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a joke?
    Who was better?

Ganja, NO. Bibi, NO. Bhutto, NO. Zia, NO, Ayub was a great leader but more development happened in Musharrafs era.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corneredtiger85292 View Post
    Garuda bhai I understand your point...but..

You didn't have to go through 5 years of zardari...if you did you wouldn't see Musharraf in such bad light anymore. Seriously zardari has done absolutely nothing but steal as much as he can from the country
    Before I posted my point, for a moment I thought exactly what you pointed out.

For a second I really thought about how people would be feeling who tolerated this regime for last 5 years. For them it's their life which is getting affected which was better under Mush.

But then I realized that Mush actually could have made this 5 years better. What people are seeing today actually a lot due to those 10 years.

In a country when some policy is made (or not made), the impact is shown after a decade. You never see the impact immediately.

Zardari may be currupt to the core, but real damage to the country to my view is done by Mush's 10 years.

Laughing Faces Don't Mean Absence Of Sorrow. It Means That They Have The Ability To Deal With It

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other thing is

Pakistan people can remove Zardari in few months if they want but they had no way to remove Mush after his 5 years.

One statement by current Pakistani Army chief I really liked was "It's not about intention but about capability".

If people accept dictators, then they are in mercy of that person whose capability to screw things is always there. Only matter of change in intention which is needed and that can happen anytime.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Musharaf was good when he was a dictator, the problem started when he went to the hand of politicians and started considering himself a better politician.

I have made a thread about democracy, and still support my point, that democracy in our society is just a fraud. There is more than 65% people are illiterate and out of 35 % people, how many people are really educated?

In a country where educated people are discussing on Facebook the issue of Mohammad Irfan's name illuminated on the screen and blame as an Indian conspiracy to insult Mohammad's name, what do you expect from the same people when they exercise their option to vote?

Weather army is in power or not, they are going to take their share of money, but the problem with the democracy, we invite 2nd parasite to share the pie and the 2nd parasite is more dangerous than the first one, because this one is the elected and from among us, and he is suppose to protect us from the first parasite, but instead he try to bite us more severe and at the end, act innocent and mazloom and come back with the force for the next term.

You don't know and you don't know that you don't know.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaid65 View Post
    In a country where educated people are discussing on Facebook the issue of Mohammad Irfan's name illuminated on the screen and blame as an Indian conspiracy to insult Mohammad's name, what do you expect from the same people when they exercise their option to vote?
    Lol, what?

"Because sixes" - hassie110 answering why Afridi and Yuvraj are rated so high

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by farhan View Post
    You Are still living in the past with 10% ? Now it might be 75%. Only one secretary OGDC has done 80 billion rupees of corruption . What about the rest?
    U r spot on he has made the country bank corrupt

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a serious question? Mush was a dictator who was never voted in by people of Pakistan. He was a an employee of Pakistan state and had no right to rule the country. Problem with our people is that they have short memories, no patience and no respect.

Mush created most of the issues in the country today. Drones, Talibanisation, Bilochistan issue were all there during Mush regime. He was a traitor who screwed the country and brought it to its knees to his lust for power.

PPP was almost wiped out in 97 and N was heading in the same direction but this h@rami messed the whole system up and took us back to 1980.

Made heroes of Bhutto and Sharifs and they are back.
    Exactly, I never knew this forum had so many Musharraf fanboys. Innocent Pakistanis were handed over to the US without even being told their charges, tortured and detained without trial, due to Musharraf's collaboration with the US.

Enlightened moderation was a farce, he allied himself with the MMA. The economy was reliant on foreign aid, the so-called economic growth was built on the millions of dollars being pumped into the country. In the last two years of his rule prices of basic goods went up, there were energy shortages - so whoever mentioned that the common man had relief under Musharraf is misleading. Corruption went unabated, take Pakistan Steel Mills sale. His rule has been subject to a lot of revisionism and unfortunately the naive have bought into the Musharraf myth.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insaaniyat View Post
    U r spot on he has made the country bank corrupt
    It is not just him, the other two brothers are not angel either. Go check the bank accounts of MQM leaders and than look at the Moulana Diesel and Chaudry brothers.

Do we think, in the democracy, are we ever going to get rid of these people?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaid65 View Post
    Musharaf was good when he was a dictator, the problem started when he went to the hand of politicians and started considering himself a better politician.

I have made a thread about democracy, and still support my point, that democracy in our society is just a fraud. There is more than 65% people are illiterate and out of 35 % people, how many people are really educated?
    There is no literacy criteria for democracy. You are making two assumptions here. 1 - that you would not get corruption under a dictatorship, do you think it is democracy that causes corruption ? It is the politicians that cause the problem not the system - also corruption has been rife under our military rulers. 2 - there are educated people who write PHD thesis defending PPP/Nawaz/MQM and democracy does work in countries even where literacy is not at the same level as more developed nations.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moulana diesel where did he get that name from?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mush created , Talibanisation, .
    how wrong can you be?it was started by Zia ul Haq well supported by PPP as well..Musharraf in fact reacted against these safe heavens otherwise we would have seen extremists run over our NWFP like they did in Northeren Mali or half of Syria..

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50 reasons Pakistan needs Musharraf

Prime Minister Gilani said at the National Assembly session to leave former president Pervez Musharraf to himself and let him exercise his right to a political career in Pakistan. President Zardari said that if Musharraf wants to return, he will have to cross the same bumpy road as him to get to the presidency or premiership. Nawaz Sharif, Chaudhry Shujaat and the remaining politicians, including religious parties, want him tried for treason, Dr Aafia’s case and introducing extremism in the country.

Since the launch of his party on October 1, Musharraf has been on a political offensive. He has talked about the deal with Nawaz Sharif and Benazir Bhutto. He has also reportedly accepted that the military trained jihadis to force India to the discussion table to resolve the Kashmir issue – a statement which he has now backtracked from.

His opinions and speeches have led most of his opponents to start wondering what he’s been smoking!

However, these are just some of the achievements of the man when he was in and out of uniform.

1. Nine world class engineering universities were developed and 18 public universities further developed.

2. Pakistan was ranked third in world banking profitability.

3. The IT industry was valued at around $2 billion, including $1 billion in exports and employed around 90,000 professionals.

4. The CNG sector attracted over $70 billion in investment in the past five years and created 45,000 jobs.

5. The telecommunications sector attracted around $10 billion in investments and created over 1.3 million jobs.

6. Industrial parks were set up throughout the country for the first time.

7. Mega projects such as the Saindak, Rekodiq, marble production, coal production, mining and quarrying were pursued.

8. Foreign reserves increased from $700 million to $17 billion.

9. The Karachi stock market went from 700 points to 15,000 points.

10. The literacy rate improved by 11 per cent.

11. Poverty decreased by 10 per cent.

12. Four dams were built: Mirani, Subakzai, Gomalzam, Khurram, and Tangi,

13. Seven motorways were completed or were under construction,

14. Gwadar, an advanced sea port, was developed,

15. 650 kilometres of coastal highways were constructed.

16. A historic 100% increase in tax collection (amounting to Rs1 trillion) was observed.

17. Large scale manufacturing was at a 30-year high, and construction at a 17-year high.

18. Copper and gold deposits were found in Chagai, worth about $600 million annually if sold.

19. A new oil refinery with the UAE that could process 300,000 oil barrels a day was established.

20. The industrial sector registered 26 per cent growth.

21. The economy was the third fastest growing economy after China and India .

22. The Institute of Space Technology was established.

23. Sardar Bahadur Khan Women University Quetta was established.

24. The University of Science and Technology, Bannu, was established.

25. The University of Hazara was founded.

26. The Malakand University in Chakdara was established.

27. The University of Gujrat was established

28. The Virtual University of Pakistan was established

29. Sarhad University of IT in Peshawar was established

30. The National Law University in Islamabad was established

31. The Media University in Islamabad was established

32. University of Education in Lahore was established

33. Lasbela University of Marine Sciences, Baluchistan, was established

34. Baluchistan University of IT & Management, Quetta (2002)

35. The Pakistan economy was worth $ 160 billion in 2007

36. GDP Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) was $ 475.5 billion in 2007

37. The GDP per Capita in 2007 was $ 1000

38. Revenue collection in 2007/08 was Rs1.002 billion

39. Exports in 2007were worth $18.5 billion

40. Textile exports in 2007 were worth $11.2 billion

41. Foreign direct investment in 2007 was $8.5 billion

42. Debt servicing in 2007 was 26 per cent of the GDP

43. The poverty level in 2007 was 24 per cent

44. The literacy rate in 2007 was 53 per cent

45. Pakistan development programs in 2007 were valued at Rs520 billion

46. The Karachi stock exchange in 2007 was $70 billion at 15,000 points

47. Exports in 2007: $18.5 billion

48. Pakistan now has a total of 245,682 educational institutions in all categories, including 164,579 in the public sector and 81,103 in the private sector, according to the National Education Census (NEC-2005).

49. There are now more than 5,000 Pakistanis doing PhDs in foreign countries on scholarship. 300 Pakistanis receive PhD degrees every year, in 1999, the number was just 20.

50. In total, 99,319 educational institutions increased in Musharraf’s era!

This was some of the good Musharraf delivered to Pakistan during his martially-democratic rule from 1999 to 2008. Strange how quickly we forget his foreign policy efforts, which helped elevate the image of Pakistan globally added acceptance value to our green passports. Even the Indians next door were ready to discuss Kashmir for a solution and praised the man for his sincerity, honesty and amicable handling of the issues.

Of course, he has the right to tell his opponents, “tameez say baat karo, warna munh toor jawab millayga” and it is true that most of them are keeping quiet since he said this in a recent interview with Express TV.

I feel he knows more than what he has already said so far, and may explode if not “handled with caution”. This goes for all the politicians cum armed forces of Pakistan. Hence, be careful everyone, the General is coming back as a civilian!

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/20...eds-musharraf/

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mushy any day, there is something very likable about the guy

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mushy was a good army chief but a crap politican, he managed to make enemies in every sector from mullahs to lawyers.
    He also become a part of the same corrupt system he initially tried to counteract with all his land acquiring schemes and army nepotism, and so set himself up great for karma

Zardari hasn't tried to change anything

''....the sea would be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted... ''(18:109)

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to concur with Markhor and SS here.

Lot of memory loss in this thread, microcosm of the wider electorate. Truly deserve the leaders and the system they get.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its summed up in this thread, Mush was a great patriot who really messed up big time by making PMLQ, he was a dictator and could have used his powers to create a new party full of patriots and intellects.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Musharraf's era vs Zardari era?

Mushi >Zardari

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1999-2002 was the best area in terms of administration and governance in last 2 decades...

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mush anyday. It seems increasingly clear only Imran Khan or the army can sort out Pakistan. All the liberals, 5 years of democracy and we are in our worst ever situation....

Without a homeland, a people are nothing but dust in the air.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you rather get bitten by a rat or a dog?

Musharraf's era was the worst because Zardari's era is a result of the Musharraf's era.

Musharraf went to bed with PML-Q, MQM, PPP, MMA and any one crooked enough to support him
    He paved the way for Zardari to get back in.
    He destroyed institutions which are now in disarray and unable to do anything about Zardari
    He worsened the Balochistan crisis
    He opened the gates of the war into Pakistan by going into NWFP
    He opened the gates of suicide bombings by his heavy handedness against the Lal Masjid clowns.
    He gave away army land to generals and politicians for their support
    The inflation slide started in his era
    Oil crisis started in his era

Zardari's era is where all of the above reached it's climax and peak.

[]Wazeeri aka Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Wazeeri[/]

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazeeri View Post
    Would you rather get bitten by a rat or a dog?

Musharraf's era was the worst because Zardari's era is a result of the Musharraf's era.

Musharraf went to bed with PML-Q, MQM, PPP, MMA and any one crooked enough to support him
    He paved the way for Zardari to get back in.
    He destroyed institutions which are now in disarray and unable to do anything about Zardari
    He worsened the Balochistan crisis
    He opened the gates of the war into Pakistan by going into NWFP
    He opened the gates of suicide bombings by his heavy handedness against the Lal Masjid clowns.
    He gave away army land to generals and politicians for their support
    The inflation slide started in his era
    Oil crisis started in his era

Zardari's era is where all of the above reached it's climax and peak.
    Being a democratic leader and have support from all the political parties and the oppostion PMLN, being the army chief on his side ( by giving the extension), has Zardari tried to solve any of the above issue or crises?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People here complain about PPP/PML-N - who brought these crooks and thieves back under NRO, with the collaboration of the Americans ? None other than the so-called 'patriot' Musharraf. Why do people forget these things so easily ?

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    People here complain about PPP/PML-N - who brought these crooks and thieves back under NRO, with the collaboration of the Americans ? None other than the so-called 'patriot' Musharraf. Why do people forget these things so easily ?
    What was Mushi's justification for bringing in the NRO?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kim kardashian would run the country better then both

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mush...destroyed all institutions...(every institution)

Used worst of political lots for his personal greed.

He was unlawful leader...

under PPP govt, every institution coming back to life...
    No fake cases against opposition...
    Harmony among opposition.

not a single unconstitutional action taken by state..

Over-accommodation of judiciary.
    Politically Pakistan is much much stronger..

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MR__KHAN__JI View Post
    He brought these corrupt parties back for 'political unity' and 'reconciliation' - but in reality it was just to cling onto power - shown by the power-sharing deal he struck with Bhutto.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@markhor

How would it help him cling on to power?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @markhor

How would it help him cling on to power?
    As this was around 2007, the saga with the Chief Justice was going on, people were demanding he resign from the army uniform and so he brought in civilians like Bhutto to give credibility to his failing regime - by pardoning her and some senior PPP officials, and members of other parties such as PML-N, MQM, ANP. Many people who benefited from the NRO amnesty were murderers, thieves and implicated in many corruption cases. This was done with the collaboration of the US government.
    Last edited by Markhor; 27th January 2013 at 13:33.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Zero View Post
    Mush...destroyed all institutions...(every institution)

Used worst of political lots for his personal greed.

He was unlawful leader...

under PPP govt, every institution coming back to life...
    No fake cases against opposition...
    Harmony among opposition.

not a single unconstitutional action taken by state..

Over-accommodation of judiciary.
    Politically Pakistan is much much stronger..
    yeah except for the fact that your leader is a convicted criminal and the prime minister has a warrent out against him and there is no electricity in the country 10 hours of the day
    Last edited by DHONI183; 27th January 2013 at 13:53. Reason: A confrontational part removed

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As this was around 2007, the saga with the Chief Justice was going on, people were demanding he resign from the army uniform and so he brought in civilians like Bhutto to give credibility to his failing regime - by pardoning her and some senior PPP officials, and members of other parties such as PML-N, MQM, ANP. Many people who benefited from the NRO amnesty were murderers, thieves and implicated in many corruption cases. This was done with the collaboration of the US government.
    Do you accept that he did a good job up until he got power mad?

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zardari era is best in pak democratic history. Our constitutional institutions were never as strong as they are now. This will benefit nation in long run.
    Last edited by Alamgeer; 27th January 2013 at 14:15.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamgeer View Post
    Zardari era is best in pak democratic history. Our constitutional institution were never as strong as they are now. This will benefit nation in long run.
    EC is never been this strong...

now it's up to the people of Pakistan to elect the next leaders...

Power is back in the hands of voters!

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Zero View Post
    EC is never been this strong...

now it's up to the people of Pakistan to elect the next leaders...

Power is back in the hands of voters!
    So is judicial branch,public service commissions.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you accept that he did a good job up until he got power mad?
    No, in 2001 he inexplicably threw Pakistan's lot in with the Americans. Innocent Pakistanis were imprisoned at the behest of the US, tortured and were detained without trial, without due process and not even being told their charges. This sordid 'War on Terror' that Musharraf joined in has resulted in a militancy problem that today threatens the very existence of the state. Foreign aid poured into the country, including more American aid than at any other point in Pakistan's history. Dollars went straight into the bank account of Musharraf loyalists. Corruption went unabated. 'Enlightened moderation' was hailed - yet Musharraf allied himself with the reactionary right-wingers of the MMA. Balochistan issue still remained unsolved, and infact arguably became worse.

As I mentioned before:

Musharraf's existence had no effect on the economy. The global economy was booming during 2000-2007 so how can people attribute the economy to him - people forget Musharraf's last two years when inflation was high, the cost of living was increasing and unemployment rapidly increased. Nothing was done about electricity shortages. There was the decision to export wheat in 2007 that created shortages and price hikes that helped bring down the PML-Q government and ultimately led to President Musharraf's departure.

The vulnerability of the economy to external funds was revealed by the data on investments and its sources by the finance ministry. During the Musharraf period, the rate of investment had increased by a third, from 17.2% of GDP in 2001-02 to 23% in 2006-07. However domestic savings have declined from 17.8% to 16.1% of GDP in the same period.

This means that the economy was even more dependent on foreign flows than was the case in the 1990s.
    Last edited by Markhor; 27th January 2013 at 14:25.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, in 2001 he inexplicably threw Pakistan's lot in with the Americans. Innocent Pakistanis were imprisoned at the behest of the US, tortured and were detained without trial, without due process and not even being told their charges. This sordid 'War on Terror' that Musharraf joined in has resulted in a militancy problem that today threatens the very existence of the state. Foreign aid poured into the country, including more American aid than at any other point in Pakistan's history. Dollars went straight into the bank account of Musharraf loyalists. Corruption went unabated. 'Enlightened moderation' was hailed - yet Musharraf allied himself with the reactionary right-wingers of the MMA. Balochistan issue still remained unsolved, and infact arguably became worse.

As I mentioned before:
    What would have happened if he didn't join the war on terror?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Difficult to answer as it is a hypothetical question but we might not have had 45,000 dead as a result, nor would we have a drone programme operating in the country.

That's not to say militancy wasn't a problem before 2001, there were anti-Shia organisations operating ever since the 1980s but if Musharraf hadn't given the go-ahead to a full alliance with the US, then the militants we see running around today would not have had the excuse to do the things that they are doing. We should have sealed the border and stayed neutral, and had our own strategy for dealing with militants. But Musharraf jumped at the first opportunity to ally himself with the US so that millions of dollars of foreign aid would flow into the country.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worst case would have been as I can think of is impact on US military aid. Which anyway reduced a lot after doing so much anyway.

If you think, Pakistan would have been invaded then I think you are wrong.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India was already in talks with US for joint attack on Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post
    India was already in talks with US for joint attack on Pakistan
    Says who?.... The grapevine?

Then why did Musharaf send General Mahmood and others to talk to Mullah Omar to tell them to dig in before the US invaded Afghanistan. Little did the Pakistanis know that the respectable Mullahs in that delegation were carrying listening devices and the Americans were listening on everything that was being said.

Some thought this could be a gravy train for decades! But as always they had no clue what they were letting themselves in for and ended up having to cut deals with the devil here there and everywhere. To the point, the life of pakistani was up for sale. As long as you can deliver people, anyone, even the innocent, you can mint it.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Venue
    Blackhole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whether you support Mush does not mean anything to this question.

Zardari era is our worst era in every sense of the word. The most corrupt and damaging government to ever come in history.

He was so bad, last 5 yeas have been so brutal that Mush's time was badly missed.

To answer whether or not Pakistan should have joined US in 2001? No one would have refused neither was Pakistan in a position to refuse. Had NS been in power he would have joined too. Circumstances around the world gave us no choice in the matter.

Will the Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke continue with QE(n+1) or won’t he?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One reason why Pakistan DOES NOT need Musharraf....

1. Zardari...

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Musharraf ki amma Condi Rice nay jo bola tha...iss liyain...

What a bumbling coward this Musharraf was...angrez kay bhangioN say bhi darr jaata tha...