Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 240 of 789
  1. #161
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Vengeance Oval
    Runs
    3,645
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    #Dontmesswithme



    Left Handed Batsman for Arch Nemesis

  2. #162
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    2,032
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kianig89 View Post
    The difference is our these types of debutant have a very short product life cycle ala Nazir......hameed lets see how along can Dhawan carry on @ Test Level...last time he played the ODi's vs WI was a flop
    Perhaps the difference is that In Indian cricket a bad debutant or new player is NOT labelled based on his bad debut and pushed aside forever and if he has potential he can be given a chance to come back again to prove his worth whereas in Pak that is NOT the case and we keep seeing players like Umar Amin not make a come back after one bad tour (Eng 2010) unless you have connections or captain/someone likes you (even if you are non performer).

  3. #163
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    17,556
    Mentioned
    807 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Re: Would someone like Shikhar Dhawan ever Impress Misbah and get to Open for Pak?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kianig89 View Post
    The difference is our these types of debutant have a very short product life cycle ala Nazir......hameed lets see how along can Dhawan carry on @ Test Level...last time he played the ODi's vs WI was a flop
    Nazir And Hameed both have fc averages below 40. Dhawan is 45+. FC averages may not be of paramount importance but they do matter in terms of showing a dude's technique atleast at home.


    2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

  4. #164
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    2,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ans is no.
    reason is he is a hack.

  5. #165
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Doesn't make any sense. Even in India it took him 8 years to get his first test. If anything, Pakistan would have picked him in their test side 8 years ago and by now he would have played 50+ tests probably. lol

  6. #166
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfu90 View Post
    ans is no.
    reason is he is a hack.
    Was Inzamam a hack as well, test failure in Aus, RSA. England wasn't a big deal until recently. Agarkar and Kumble have test hundreds in England. Sharandeep Singh was hard to get out in West Indies.

  7. #167
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    2,032
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Doesn't make any sense. Even in India it took him 8 years to get his first test. If anything, Pakistan would have picked him in their test side 8 years ago and by now he would have played 50+ tests probably. lol
    8 years because India had Virander and that other Dehli guy opening for them for the most part of 8 years, then Rahul then Sachin and VVS. How can anyone break into that kind of top order?

  8. #168
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    clip of S. Dhawan against Pakistan from his under 19s days

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u6cJyFhB2o

  9. #169
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmed778 View Post
    33.1, 1 Ton and 1 Half Century, Just Like Tendulkar who scored 1 Ton and 1 Half Century on his first Tour of SA and averaged 33.6 Too.
    lol thats cheeky. Tendulkar had done far too much before it. Was a domestic phenomena, proved himself in Pakistan, smacked Qadir out of the park for fun, hit hundred in Aus, Eng as a teenager. Shafiq's a poor China made phone compared to iPhonesque Tendulkar.
    :

  10. #170
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    I remember watching him demolish bowler after bowler during an under 19 world cup any years ago and thought the kid had some talent but between then and now his career just seem to stall. good to see him score so well on debut.
    That was like 8 years ago, i remember all of that. Dhawan was a big deal back then, i guess Fab 5 had kept these wannabes down for too long.

  11. #171
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,604
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, we have the legend himself; opening for us. The batsman refuses to move down the order even for his team mates. Therefore, how can you contemplate that he Hafeez will move for a debutant?
    Last edited by Supporter of Pak legends; 16th March 2013 at 11:19.

  12. #172
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    8 years because India had Virander and that other Dehli guy opening for them for the most part of 8 years, then Rahul then Sachin and VVS. How can anyone break into that kind of top order?
    That's true but thats what i am suggesting. You only need to have some very good batsmen to be to keep guys like Dhawan waiting. Pak have tried a dozen openers in a decade, Dhawan would have made it long ago over there. He's much superior to anyone you have had except may be Toffee Kumar or Butt who too weren't that great.

  13. #173
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    seems this maybe true!
    Amjid Bhai, i agree Dhawan's an unproven guy for now but Ganguly wasn't that bad. His issue was poor conversion otherwise he looked just as much comfortable abroad as any of our other top players. In fact, his test record in RSA, England is quite good.

  14. #174
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,604
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    That's true but thats what i am suggesting. You only need to have some very good batsmen to be to keep guys like Dhawan waiting. Pak have tried a dozen openers in a decade, Dhawan would have made it long ago over there. He's much superior to anyone you have had except may be Toffee Kumar or Butt who too weren't that great.
    Seriously, the guy was one of the worst players to ever play for Pakistan, even before the match-fixing saga.

  15. #175
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Animal Planet
    Runs
    1,861
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IgnitedMind View Post
    Wow....just got up and I am shocked....

    Got to catch the highlights...

    but this guy has been talented...i remember seeing him in U19 WC ...
    Dude is that Aly Khan in your avatar?

    on topic - Great knock by Shikhar Dhawan. Oz in for more pain tomorrow. And to think Pujara, Kohli, Tendulkar and Dhoni are still to come



  16. #176
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    uk
    Runs
    3,597
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How come India keep producing batsmen like this?

    I don't care even if his a ftb at least his that , compared to our nothings.


    The boyes play well the boyes do as i tell

  17. #177
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kungfu90
    Anyway whats special about . He is ordinary batsman who scored runs on flat pitches in draws.
    Is Dhawan not heading into the same league?

    Quote Originally Posted by MR__KHAN__JI View Post
    Is Dhawan not heading into the same league?






    The Kungfu90 troll never had any credibility, you are certainly losing it as well with your pathetic rants against a player of the stature of Tendulkar.

    Also its bit rich coming from an Umar Akmal ******, they were probably right about the IQ of his fans afterall.

  18. #178
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IamIndian View Post
    And from Dale Steyn.. my favorite cricketer

    Dale Steyn ✔ @DaleSteyn62
    I hear Shikhar is smoking it! So happy for him! U go my friend!!! #welldeserved
    Hyderabad Sunrisers !





    Dhawan will be better served playing Steyno in the nets before going to South Africa,

  19. #179
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Supporter of Pak legends View Post
    Seriously, the guy was one of the worst players to ever play for Pakistan, even before the match-fixing saga.
    Inconsistent but he showed glimpses of his talent every now and then. Two hundreds in Australia do tell something. In India, we would have polished him into a better scorer just like you would have turned Umesh Yadav into a beast in Pakistan. We cant train a bowler, you cant train a batsman.

  20. #180
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    2,448
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    Guy has scored fastest debut 100 - But if he was Pakistani, would he ever have been able to impress Misbah and gotten a chance to play for Pak?
    A bigger question is, will our ******** standard of domestic cricket EVER produce batsmen like Dhawan or Pujara?

  21. #181
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    699
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaleefa View Post
    A bigger question is, will our ******** standard of domestic cricket EVER produce batsmen like Dhawan or Pujara?
    No. The bigger question is, can we stop over-hyping players after a single performance.

  22. #182
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Having at least one attacking opener is a necessity these days. Can't have ultra defensive openers, good bowler will get you out eventually so you gotta make the most of the precious time spent(survived) at the crease. Also it puts the bowler in his place and may make him change his line, strategy that can turn into a lesser threat. I remember how Ian Chappell always advised India to sue VVS at #3 in stead of Dravid despite all the good things Dravid was doing. Was kinda true, things would slow down dramatically for India after Sehwag's dismissal and Dravid's stubborn nature seldom helped the cause.

    Nasir Jamshed seems like a good prospect for Pak as he plays his shots. Must invest in him, but Hafeez is a BIG no. Not a top order test batsman.

  23. #183
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Having at least one attacking opener is a necessity these days. Can't have ultra defensive openers, good bowler will get you out eventually so you gotta make the most of the precious time spent(survived) at the crease. Also it puts the bowler in his place and may make him change his line, strategy that can turn into a lesser threat. I remember how Ian Chappell always advised India to sue VVS at #3 in stead of Dravid despite all the good things Dravid was doing. Was kinda true, things would slow down dramatically for India after Sehwag's dismissal and Dravid's stubborn nature seldom helped the cause.

    Nasir Jamshed seems like a good prospect for Pak as he plays his shots. Must invest in him, but Hafeez is a BIG no. Not a top order test batsman.

  24. #184
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    14,515
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    lol thats cheeky. Tendulkar had done far too much before it. Was a domestic phenomena, proved himself in Pakistan, smacked Qadir out of the park for fun, hit hundred in Aus, Eng as a teenager. Shafiq's a poor China made phone compared to iPhonesque Tendulkar.
    :
    On the contrary people buy China phones more than iPhones..

  25. #185
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    14,515
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Hyderabad Sunrisers !





    Dhawan will be better served playing Steyno in the nets before going to South Africa,
    Support my city guys.. We have Steyn and now Shikhar (we always had, but now..) !

  26. #186
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    4,852
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He would need to wait for his pension

  27. #187
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    43,782
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Definitely not and that's why currently Shehzad is being wasted.

    Nasir Jamshed also wouldn't be in the team if it was down to Misbah. I remember reading reports that it was Whatmore who insisted he is selected.

  28. #188
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Sunrisers are the same as Deccan Chargers aren't they?

  29. #189
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep99 View Post
    On the contrary people buy China phones more than iPhones..
    People are more into cheap stuff, high end tech is not for everyone.

  30. #190
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,374
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saurav bhai, what did I say about Dhawan?


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  31. #191
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    14,515
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Delhi has this habit of producing some fearless confident batsmen! Aggressive too... It started with Amarnath. Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, Dhawan.. Unmukt is in the wings! Pretty strong order that!

  32. #192
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    717
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethalweapon View Post
    Yup. That makes them similar.

    Infact, forget the ton, Asad Shafiq's 50 in 1st test gives me hope for the tour.
    One has to be totally insane comparing a nobody to SRT. Useless posts and exchange of stats.

  33. #193
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    14,515
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    People are more into cheap stuff, high end tech is not for everyone.
    F_C Is that really you? Where are your appeasing politically correct statements?

  34. #194
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vinod bhai on ABP news. Muahahaha


    ''Uske saaath nainsaafi hui hai, mere saath nainsaafi hui thhi.''

  35. #195
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    14,515
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    The Sunrisers are the same as Deccan Chargers aren't they?
    Like you didn't know! Yes they are

  36. #196
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    13,977
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    Definitely not and that's why currently Shehzad is being wasted.

    Nasir Jamshed also wouldn't be in the team if it was down to Misbah. I remember reading reports that it was Whatmore who insisted he is selected.
    This happens a lot on PP. Due to your dislike of Misbah or his captaincy (team selections etc) , everything bad that happens is because of him but everything good that happens is down to someone else.

    The fact is, Misbah has played Jamshed in every match he's been in the squad apart from the recent third test.

    As for Shehzad, he's not even been in any ODI squad under Misbah so I don't understand how you can blame Misbah for that. In your post you mention Nasir came in because of Whatmore, then why not Shehzad?

    You can't have the cake and eat it too.

  37. #197
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    7,963
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are fixated on making the 3rd class bowlers as batsmen ( Malik, Afridi) and hoping these Bradman-esque batsmen will win the world cup for us.

    Forget about the Malik or Afridi, there is not a single Pakistani batsman who can play shots/strokes like Dhawan at the moment.


    You don't know and you don't know that you don't know.

  38. #198
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Big debate on all channels basically about this huge delay in him getting this success. Was it down to his own lack of capabilities or did he get ignored for too long? I for one do believe he's been giving less opportunity. So far i have only seen him playing the dead rubber matches after we had won a series or randomly replacing an injured player in 1 or 2 games. Thats all, never had a longer run which is a pity.

  39. #199
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    43,782
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talha3 View Post
    This happens a lot on PP. Due to your dislike of Misbah or his captaincy (team selections etc) , everything bad that happens is because of him but everything good that happens is down to someone else.

    The fact is, Misbah has played Jamshed in every match he's been in the squad apart from the recent third test.

    As for Shehzad, he's not even been in any ODI squad under Misbah so I don't understand how you can blame Misbah for that. In your post you mention Nasir came in because of Whatmore, then why not Shehzad?

    You can't have the cake and eat it too.
    Jamshed HAD to play after his brilliant show in the Asia Cup. Otherwise we all know Misbah wouldn't have persisted with him. Jamshed was only brought in due to Whatmore. Misbah did not want Jamshed.

    Also, Shehzad hasn't been part of any ODI squad as the captain is Misbah. Misbah is influential in selection of ODI squads and he obviously hasn't called for selection of Shehzad despite Shehzad doing well for PAK(last ODI series ton). Shehzad has scored 3 tons for PAK opening(1 in a world cup warm up) and Misbah has been in the team for each ton. He obviously knows how skilled Shehzad is yet he isn't selected. Even in the recent T20 where he scored 40 odd Misbah was obviously watching. Everyone was calling for Shehzad to be selected for the ODI's but the captain never called for it.

    Its clear that since Misbah has become in charge all the aggression and flair associated with PAK cricket has left. The aggressive players e.g. Shehzad, U.Akmal & Wahab have been sidelined and treated badly.

  40. #200
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    43,782
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaid65 View Post
    We are fixated on making the 3rd class bowlers as batsmen ( Malik, Afridi) and hoping these Bradman-esque batsmen will win the world cup for us.

    Forget about the Malik or Afridi, there is not a single Pakistani batsman who can play shots/strokes like Dhawan at the moment.
    Agree with the first line but disagree with the second.

    Dhawan is a good prospect but PAK have better batsmen then him but they aren't given a chance to blossom. U.Akmal, A.Shehzad, N.Jamshed & H.Sohail in my view are the ones who can play strokes like him.

    U.Akmal needs to learn how to construct an innings and the best way he can do that is by giving him a chance up the order to shine. This doesn't happen therefore he'll continue to be the way he is(batting down the order at 6/7) in a sloggers role.

  41. #201
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    3,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    lol thats cheeky. Tendulkar had done far too much before it. Was a domestic phenomena, proved himself in Pakistan, smacked Qadir out of the park for fun, hit hundred in Aus, Eng as a teenager. Shafiq's a poor China made phone compared to iPhonesque Tendulkar.
    :
    Yeah when has Shafiq ever played in Australia and England?
    But you know what, Tendulkar at this Stage of his career hadn't played a Match Saving innings like the one played by Shafiq in Pallekele Last Year.
    I never compared them both Sachin is a legend, Shafiq is a young and emerging Batsmen who hasn't even started his career but that bolded part written by you shows that you are no more than a Troll when it comes to Indian players.

  42. #202
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    3,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Was Inzamam a hack as well, test failure in Aus, RSA. England wasn't a big deal until recently. Agarkar and Kumble have test hundreds in England. Sharandeep Singh was hard to get out in West Indies.
    That Failure won us a Test in RSA.
    One of the Two Tests that we have won in SA in the last Decade.
    I wonder if you even watch Cricket or not.

  43. #203
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    3,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Doesn't make any sense. Even in India it took him 8 years to get his first test. If anything, Pakistan would have picked him in their test side 8 years ago and by now he would have played 50+ tests probably. lol
    Yes Of Course.
    Fawad also hit a great Innings on Debut now has he played 50 Tests for Pakistan?

  44. #204
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    102,759
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    185 on debut albeit on a road wicket against mediocre bowling is a pretty decent start to a test career.

  45. #205
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    13,977
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    Jamshed HAD to play after his brilliant show in the Asia Cup. Otherwise we all know Misbah wouldn't have persisted with him. Jamshed was only brought in due to Whatmore. Misbah did not want Jamshed.

    Also, Shehzad hasn't been part of any ODI squad as the captain is Misbah. Misbah is influential in selection of ODI squads and he obviously hasn't called for selection of Shehzad despite Shehzad doing well for PAK(last ODI series ton). Shehzad has scored 3 tons for PAK opening(1 in a world cup warm up) and Misbah has been in the team for each ton. He obviously knows how skilled Shehzad is yet he isn't selected. Even in the recent T20 where he scored 40 odd Misbah was obviously watching. Everyone was calling for Shehzad to be selected for the ODI's but the captain never called for it.

    Its clear that since Misbah has become in charge all the aggression and flair associated with PAK cricket has left. The aggressive players e.g. Shehzad, U.Akmal & Wahab have been sidelined and treated badly.
    There it is again. Jamshed can be brought in due to Whatmore but Shehzad can't? Also, all of these opinions on who Misbah wants in the squad and who he doesn't are just that...opinions. Do you have any proof?

    I agree on U Akmal but not Wahab. Wahab is an erratic spraying machine who can produce great spells at times. His domestic performances have been good hence he's rightly in the squad. Atm definitely Irfan and Junaid deserve selection over him but Gul is getting close to being replaced.

  46. #206
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    6,546
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Big debate on all channels basically about this huge delay in him getting this success. Was it down to his own lack of capabilities or did he get ignored for too long? I for one do believe he's been giving less opportunity. So far i have only seen him playing the dead rubber matches after we had won a series or randomly replacing an injured player in 1 or 2 games. Thats all, never had a longer run which is a pity.
    Is this even a debate? It was obvious when India was being thrashed series after series that certain players were past it (in fact, the entire batting line-up!). Yet India kept selecting these failures (it still hasn't let them fully go).

    Dhawan, Vijay and Pujara will have some testing times in the future and the big test will come against stronger bowling line-ups abroad. But is there any doubt that someone, anyone, should have replaced all of those failing Indian batsmen?

    Now if you could just let go of Tendu...

  47. #207
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,304
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    185 on debut albeit on a road wicket against mediocre bowling is a pretty decent start to a test career.
    Ishant Sharma took 3 on this wicket,not road at all


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  48. #208
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    24,904
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ok it was a road, played against probably the worst Aussie bowling line-up, but the way he played them was really impressing. That is how you treat poor bowlers, not like some of our batsmen who makes North look like a great spinner.

    Let's watch his progress, seems like double ton coming tomorrow.

  49. #209
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    8,279
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Big debate on all channels basically about this huge delay in him getting this success. Was it down to his own lack of capabilities or did he get ignored for too long? I for one do believe he's been giving less opportunity. So far i have only seen him playing the dead rubber matches after we had won a series or randomly replacing an injured player in 1 or 2 games. Thats all, never had a longer run which is a pity.
    We were off by 18 months.

    Dhawan messed up Windies A tour, probably why he did not break in earlier.


    "This one doesn't take the cake, it takes the bakery" - Gavaskar

  50. #210
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    11,688
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Shikhar Dhawan

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    Dude is that Aly Khan in your avatar?

    on topic - Great knock by Shikhar Dhawan. Oz in for more pain tomorrow. And to think Pujara, Kohli, Tendulkar and Dhoni are still to come
    Nope...Faizal Khan(nawazudhin siddique) from Gangs of Wasseypur..

  51. #211
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    2,585
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep99 View Post
    Delhi has this habit of producing some fearless confident batsmen! Aggressive too... It started with Amarnath. Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, Dhawan.. Unmukt is in the wings! Pretty strong order that!
    They all have one common thing - Punjabi parents.

    Wait for Mandeep and Jeevanjyot to debut.

  52. #212
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmed778 View Post
    Yeah when has Shafiq ever played in Australia and England?
    But you know what, Tendulkar at this Stage of his career hadn't played a Match Saving innings like the one played by Shafiq in Pallekele Last Year.
    This is how kids expose themselves. Tendulkar in Manchester, 1990. Check it out. Innings played there, in SCG and Perth in 1992 were FAR better than any inning played by Shafiq. Learn more about the players you're ranting against, will spare you from further embarrassment in future.



    I never compared them both Sachin is a legend, Shafiq is a young and emerging Batsmen who hasn't even started his career but that bolded part written by you shows that you are no more than a Troll when it comes to Indian players.
    You're not getting the point. Tendulkar was a SPECIAL talent even during his teenage and so far Asad bhai has shown no such sign and hence it is silly to bring Tendulkar in a debate about Dhawan-Asad. You're trying to put him over Dhawan with a 30sh average in RSA and then trying to back it up with some lies about Sachin. Get real, Tendulkar was better than Asad Shafiq when he was 14 years of age.

    Don't get mad now, its a tough place. One does not simply bring the main man in the discussion for no reason.

  53. #213
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    6,310
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tera Gawaandi View Post
    They all have one common thing - Punjabi parents.

    Wait for Mandeep and Jeevanjyot to debut.
    Wonder why Punjab hasn't won 25-30 Ranji Trophies or does this work only for successful Indian batsmen?

  54. #214
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,374
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhawan has a swag alright!


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  55. #215
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Is this even a debate? It was obvious when India was being thrashed series after series that certain players were past it (in fact, the entire batting line-up!). Yet India kept selecting these failures (it still hasn't let them fully go).

    Dhawan, Vijay and Pujara will have some testing times in the future and the big test will come against stronger bowling line-ups abroad. But is there any doubt that someone, anyone, should have replaced all of those failing Indian batsmen?

    Now if you could just let go of Tendu...
    I was expecting something from Tendu in the mid of the series, probably a retirement by the end of the series but doesn't seem like its coming. But then again, Tendu's made it clear he doesn't seek any grand farewell by silently opting out of ODIs. So you never know. If not now then RSA tour will most certainly be his last.





    Know what? Rahane and Tiwari are still waiting in line. These guys are gonna be FTG (Flat Track Gods). I would be disappointed if all of them don't end up scoring 10 tons in India with a few big double or triple hundreds.

  56. #216
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketworm View Post
    Dhawan has a swag alright!
    Muchhan nu vatt chadhai ja..
    Tu chauke-chhakke layi ja..




  57. #217
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    3,717
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sehwag replaced by another Jatt

  58. #218
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    47,921
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Twitter -



    Michael Vaughan-
    BREAKING NEWS! Australia are now back playing normal. #average

    BREAKING NEWS! Australia are actually playing quite well...


  59. #219
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,374
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fed up with ' but but but they will struggle away' Oh pleeeeze sheesh, we recently lost our home series, so this is very welcoming for us. People don't score fastest debut centuries every other week. Forget weeks, they don't score runs this way every other year either.


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  60. #220
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    580
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enough with FLAT TRACK......

    If he can score any one can score..no one got a substantial score in this match..give credit where's it due....He played brilliantly

  61. #221
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    7,963
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    Agree with the first line but disagree with the second.

    Dhawan is a good prospect but PAK have better batsmen then him but they aren't given a chance to blossom. U.Akmal, A.Shehzad, N.Jamshed & H.Sohail in my view are the ones who can play strokes like him.

    U.Akmal needs to learn how to construct an innings and the best way he can do that is by giving him a chance up the order to shine. This doesn't happen therefore he'll continue to be the way he is(batting down the order at 6/7) in a sloggers role.

    The only batsman come close to the talent is Nasir Jamshed, who can play shots on merit and technically correct batsman ( relatively speaking).

    Umar Akmal has issue with playing premeditated shots and will never be a good batsman.

    Ahmad Shezad and Haris Sohail, too early to make any statement, but do look promising talent.


    You don't know and you don't know that you don't know.

  62. #222
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    11,376
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashira_taeli View Post
    Sehwag replaced by another Jatt
    Shikhar also has a great manly stache.


  63. #223
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,374
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember the days when Gambhir and Dhawan were scoring heavily in domestic at the same time when they were young, Gambhir got call early, but Dhawan wasn't far behind.


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  64. #224
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    544
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our management (PCB) is making big mistake here, not letting our batsman to play their natural game.

    We force our batsman to play as our captain and coach wanted (this happen only in Pakistan) and for a bowler, we pick good bowler and let him bowl as he wanted. That’s why we don’t have much problem in bowling department.

    India is totally opposite.

  65. #225
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,374
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Muchhan nu vatt chadhai ja..
    Tu chauke-chhakke layi ja..



    He may just start Mustache meme.


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  66. #226
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Animal Planet
    Runs
    1,861
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viru tweets:

    Awesome stuff Shikhi boy! Best debut ever!! So proud of you. Go for a huge one tomorrow!



  67. #227
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    3,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    This is how kids expose themselves. Tendulkar in Manchester, 1990. Check it out. Innings played there, in SCG and Perth in 1992 were FAR better than any inning played by Shafiq. Learn more about the players you're ranting against, will spare you from further embarrassment in future.
    Oh, Am i the Kid?
    I knew about those innings before too, Both of the Matches were Drawn.
    The First one was saved when Azharuddin hit that 179 in the first innings replying to a score of more than 500 of England.
    There wasn't anything to save when Tendulkar hit that Ton in the First innings India were in a comfortable position after Shastri had hit a Double Ton.
    I think you need to learn what a Match Saving Effort is cause nor do you know anything about the matches it seems you don't know anything related to cricket as well, at least that is what i looks by seeing your posts.

    You're not getting the point. Tendulkar was a SPECIAL talent even during his teenage and so far Asad bhai has shown no such sign and hence it is silly to bring Tendulkar in a debate about Dhawan-Asad. You're trying to put him over Dhawan with a 30sh average in RSA and then trying to back it up with some lies about Sachin. Get real, Tendulkar was better than Asad Shafiq when he was 14 years of age.

    Don't get mad now, its a tough place. One does not simply bring the main man in the discussion for no reason.
    Yeah well, scoring a Ton in RSA against Steyn and Philander is no big deal especially when they are in the form of their life.
    You'd rather take those sixes that Sachin hit too Qadir now wouldn't you seeing as you are such a devoted Sachin Fan.
    You just keep on showing it is pointless to argue about anything with you when an Indian Player is involved because you turn into a Troll when any Indian player is involved.

  68. #228
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,374
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Dhawan's century is the fastest ever by a batsman on Test debut. Dhawan, who took 85 balls for his century surpassed Dwayne Smith, who had scored a 93-ball century against South Africa in 2003. Dhawan's strike rate (at the end of the third day) is the highest ever for a century score by a batsman on debut (completed innings only). Dhawan also surpassed Gundappa Viswanath's record for the highest individual score by an Indian batsman on Test debut. Viswanath had scored 137 against Australia in Kanpur in 1969. Dhawan needs 103 runs to go past Tip Foster's record for the highest score (287) by a batsman on debut. During the course of his knock, Dhawan also went past Gautam Gambhir's 179, which was the highest individual score in Tests in Mohali."

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-...ry/625364.html


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  69. #229
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    8,279
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    Viru tweets:

    Awesome stuff Shikhi boy! Best debut ever!! So proud of you. Go for a huge one tomorrow!
    Viru bhai!! He may be hitting the last nails in your coffin. Vijay with back to back hundreds (hundred to be) has already cemented his slot for an year and Dhawan may already have done so and with a double tomorrow, he may be in for a long haul.


    "This one doesn't take the cake, it takes the bakery" - Gavaskar

  70. #230
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    8,279
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmed778 View Post


    Yeah well, scoring a Ton in RSA against Steyn and Philander is no big deal especially when they are in the form of their life.
    You'd rather take those sixes that Sachin hit too Qadir now wouldn't you seeing as you are such a devoted Sachin Fan.
    You just keep on showing it is pointless to argue about anything with you when an Indian Player is involved because you turn into a Troll when any Indian player is involved.
    It was a good ton, but it was on a SC type wicket. It was the only pitch where Ajmal troubled SA batsmen and SA did not have a quality spinner to match Ajmal. A ton in the first or the third test would have been far more significant and could be said to be a classic test hundred against very good bowling under difficult batting conditions.

    Anyways, Tendu comparison is really silly. Tendulkar was a complete test batsman at the age of 16, when most international players were still representing their schools or clubs.


    "This one doesn't take the cake, it takes the bakery" - Gavaskar

  71. #231
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,374
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw the highlights, looked happier than Dhawan. This guy is nuts, I bet he keeps the dressing room enthusiastic all the time.



    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  72. #232
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    3,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianWillow View Post
    It was a good ton, but it was on a SC type wicket. It was the only pitch where Ajmal troubled SA batsmen and SA did not have a quality spinner to match Ajmal. A ton in the first or the third test would have been far more significant and could be said to be a classic test hundred against very good bowling under difficult batting conditions.

    Anyways, Tendu comparison is really silly. Tendulkar was a complete test batsman at the age of 16, when most international players were still representing their schools or clubs.
    The Pitch was aiding the spinners a bit.
    That is the only difference there was a lot of seam movement on offer and the new ball also swung.
    If anything it was more difficult to bat in because Spinners and Fast Bowlers both were getting help.

  73. #233
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    14,515
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketworm View Post
    Saw the highlights, looked happier than Dhawan. This guy is nuts, I bet he keeps the dressing room enthusiastic all the time.

    Both very close Delhi mates...

  74. #234
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    14,515
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe Ahmed Shahzad can score as freely as Dhawan did. But, the team management would want him to play slowly and the guy has got not much temperament. Will score a quickfire 40 and gets bogged down when slower bowlers come..

  75. #235
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    1,765
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw his entire Innings so far. Let me tell you, when the opponents line up to shake your hand at the end of the day, you have done something ... Specially on you debut !!!! This guy looks like Tendulkar and Shewag rolled into ONE !!!!

  76. #236
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    11,008
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    although against a week bowling line up, but he is playing a classy innings!

  77. #237
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    196
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO IF NO BUT SIRF JATT... jehra dainda mucha nu vatt ..nalay kad-dah opposition day vatt ..nah haiga kisay toh ghatt ..oh hai shekar dhawan jatt.

  78. #238
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    699
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadevdesai View Post
    I saw his entire Innings so far. Let me tell you, when the opponents line up to shake your hand at the end of the day, you have done something ... Specially on you debut !!!! This guy looks like Tendulkar and Shewag rolled into ONE !!!!
    or I'm confused...


    Ok. I'll go with this....

  79. #239
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    4,388
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ihsandar View Post
    Our management (PCB) is making big mistake here, not letting our batsman to play their natural game.

    We force our batsman to play as our captain and coach wanted (this happen only in Pakistan) and for a bowler, we pick good bowler and let him bowl as he wanted. That’s why we don’t have much problem in bowling department.
    Rubbish. Afridi has been playing his natural game since he was 16, and Umar Akmal has not corrected himself as well. If anything, its the players refusal to change their natural game that is the problem, not the opposite.


    "I tried to count the stars while in bed. To keep the thoughts of monsters from my head."

  80. #240
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dűr
    Runs
    13,893
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jatt View Post
    NO IF NO BUT SIRF JATT... jehra dainda mucha nu vatt ..nalay kad-dah opposition day vatt ..nah haiga kisay toh ghatt ..oh hai shekar dhawan jatt.
    ok we got it


    Tazimi Sirdar


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •