Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Saturday accepted nomination papers of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan for NA-122 Lahore and NA-56 Rawalpindi.
    Imran had filed nomination papers for five National Assembly seats including NA-1 (Peshawar-II), NA-56 (Rawalpindi-VII), NA-71 (Mianwali-I) and NA-125 (Lahore-VIII).
    Speaking to reporters at the Karachi Airport on Saturday, Khan said the result of the upcoming polls would be similar to the outcome of the 1992 cricket World Cup, which Pakistan had unexpectedly swept under his leadership. Khan also stated that deployment of army at sensitive polling stations was critical for security during polls. He said the democratic process would fail if the people were unable to cast votes owing to security concerns. On seat adjustment with other parties, Khan said negotiations were underway concerning the issue.
    According to reports, the returning officer from NA-56 Rawalpindi had reserved ruling on objections raised against Khan’s candidacy on Friday. A local Rawalpindi resident had raised the objection that in his autobiography, “Me and My Pakistan,” Khan had confessed to alcohol consumption liquor- a violation of the constitution. The RO had asked Khan to clarify his position on the allegations.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2013...na-122-lahore/

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmz View Post
    No he won't! Sita white case was cleared by ECP judges in 2007. The outcome is still on ECP website.

Second accusation is dumb anyway. Imran didn't claim that he took part in gambling.

Besides I don't think ECP has guts to take on top leadership of any party. All topi drama going on these days regarding degrees and Islamic questions etc. Real challenge is to block defaulters, corrupt and other solid cases which ECP not gonna do.
    Did not his brother in law asked him for advice and Imran just advice him?

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justarslan View Post
    Did not his brother in law asked him for advice and Imran just advice him?
    Imran as a cricketer gave him some tips and then added in his book that "I have never been involved in any betting and don't understand the addiction"

Anyway, he has been cleared already by EC :-)

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Much hated Abdul Rasheed Bhatti leaves PTI. His reason is PTI is not party of change lol, now we know how useless and pathetic this excuse is

Poor PMLN were using his name to spread propaganda that murderer gets PTI ticket while Chacha Humayun back to sewing clothes, need to find new propaganda tool i guess :-)

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Saturday accepted nomination papers of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan for NA-122 Lahore and NA-56 Rawalpindi.
    Imran had filed nomination papers for five National Assembly seats including NA-1 (Peshawar-II), NA-56 (Rawalpindi-VII), NA-71 (Mianwali-I) and NA-125 (Lahore-VIII).
    Speaking to reporters at the Karachi Airport on Saturday, Khan said the result of the upcoming polls would be similar to the outcome of the 1992 cricket World Cup, which Pakistan had unexpectedly swept under his leadership. Khan also stated that deployment of army at sensitive polling stations was critical for security during polls. He said the democratic process would fail if the people were unable to cast votes owing to security concerns. On seat adjustment with other parties, Khan said negotiations were underway concerning the issue.
    According to reports, the returning officer from NA-56 Rawalpindi had reserved ruling on objections raised against Khan’s candidacy on Friday. A local Rawalpindi resident had raised the objection that in his autobiography, “Me and My Pakistan,” Khan had confessed to alcohol consumption liquor- a violation of the constitution. The RO had asked Khan to clarify his position on the allegations.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2013...na-122-lahore/
    Excellent stuff. I was getting a bit concerned about this.

In other news, an ex-MPA from PMLN was born in 1972 and completed his matric in 1974.

Ghareeb saray mar gaye
    Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    My wifes best friend submitted khans papers in lahore..id pic was funny lol..

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar_ahmad View Post
    Excellent stuff. I was getting a bit concerned about this.

In other news, an ex-MPA from PMLN was born in 1972 and completed his matric in 1974.
    I'll take it. It isn't as though he completed his Matric before being born.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What the heck why aren't the defaulter being disqualified ECP show some balls.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The returning officer asked this question to one of the candidates from Gujranwala

Tell me the 15 fruits names in English and he goes........ Apple,Orange,Grapes and 12 Bananas.. ho gaye 15

This is real lol

Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^

LMAO!!!!!!!!

I heard it was a PTI Candidate... Another Candidate was asked about ABCD and he said konse sunaoon choti wali ya bari wali

This 62-63 is full of **!

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insaftak View Post
    ^^

LMAO!!!!!!!!

I heard it was a PTI Candidate... Another Candidate was asked about ABCD and he said konse sunaoon choti wali ya bari wali

This 62-63 is full of **!

My personal favourites were Quaid-e-Azam being born on 23rd March and Allama Iqbal wrote the national anthem.

Some classics in this video as well.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Pakistan mein sirf wo hi log saadiq aur amin hein jinka naam saadiq ya amin hai".....-Rehman Malik

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Would never contest elections independently-Shah Mahmood Qureshi

Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf (PTI) Vice Chairman Shah Mehmood Qureshi on Saturday rubbished speculation regarding alleged plans of contesting elections in Sindh as an independent candidate.

“This is nonsense,” the PTI leader told Dawn.com over telephone. “I am an elected vice chairman from PTI, and I would never contest elections independently.”

The buzz started on social media after Qureshi met with Pakistan Muslim League – Functional (PML-F) chief Pir Sibgatullah Rashididi (Pir Pagara) in the afternoon.

However, despite his refusal, the social networking website, Twitter was full of speculation. Omar Warraich, a reporter with the Times magazine for Pakistan, tweeted: “I feel sorry for PTI supporters. They elected Shah Mahmood their vice-president and now he’s standing as an independent.”

A reporter with Jang Group, Umer Cheema tweeted that: “Javed Hashmi sb must be excited to hear Shah Mehmood Qureshi’s decision. After all they have been rivaling each other.”

Earlier in the day, PTI chief Imran Khan did not come clean on the speculation and gave quite a vague response to a question on Qureshi contesting the elections as an independent candidate.

“Whether he contests as an independent or on the party ticket, he (SMQ) will remain the PTI vice chairman. And the seat will be ours regardless.”

Qureshi is slated to contest elections from Umar Kot and Tharparkar in Sindh.
    Good stuff from SMQ
    Last edited by waqar goraya; 7th April 2013 at 00:44.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waseem badami and Luqman ripping into Arif Alvi, Andleeb Abbas right now on ARY.

Clearly the ARY team is on some agenda.

Proud Fan of FC Barcelona and Pakistan Cricket Team

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^

about what?

They are pro Vote4None!!!

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Watching ARY News ....absolutely shocking and disgusting stuff from anchors....Shame on ARY news and stupid anchors...I do not watch this channel normally but only watching as guests are PTI leaders..

They are even not letting guests to speak

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Jiyaala to Jiyaala Hota hai chahe PPP ka ho ya PTI ka

Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ You can always associate that behavior with Mubashir Luqman. He asks a question only to end up answering it himself, and Badami guy the less said about him the better.

Proud Fan of FC Barcelona and Pakistan Cricket Team

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ARY has always been pro-pti and anti-pmln/ppp, so i dont know why you guys have a problem when they criticize pti.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post
    ARY has always been pro-pti and anti-pmln/ppp, so i dont know why you guys have a problem when they criticize pti.
    I have a problem when an anchor tries to over dictate himself.....They had their own answers to their own questions...
    Should have shown some respect to their guests...

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    Watching ARY News ....absolutely shocking and disgusting stuff from anchors....Shame on ARY news and stupid anchors...I do not watch this channel normally but only watching as guests are PTI leaders..

They are even not letting guests to speak
    Hold your horses buddy . They do this to every political party Badami asks straight questions cutting through the ** .He calls them on their B.S too with facts . Vision Pakistan is probably the most informative and eye opening election shows on Tv right now .You should've seen what he did to MQM and Noora league.

you really can't beat the game. If you earn anything, it's minus taxes. If you buy anything it's plus taxes.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0tt0man View Post
    I'll take it. It isn't as though he completed his Matric before being born.
    Let's wait and see, many candidates still to go

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    has anyone been disqualified so far for:

1. Loan default
    2. Tax evasion
    3. Non payment of utility bills

All this hue and cry of politicians not paying taxes and bills and no one is getting disqualified. ECP you are letting all of Pakistan down.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
    Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asifp View Post

1. Loan default
    2. Tax evasion

All this hue and cry of politicians not paying taxes and bills and no one is getting disqualified. ECP you are letting all of Pakistan down.
    Its all topi drama. Tahir ul qadri's 62-63 topi for everyone.

you really can't beat the game. If you earn anything, it's minus taxes. If you buy anything it's plus taxes.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Loan default
    2. Tax evasion

Watch Dr. Shahid Masoods program to know what is happening and going on atm.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post
    Watch Dr. Shahid Masoods program to know what is happening and going on atm.
    which ones? sorry only get ARY here on TV.

What I heard is that anyone with a stay order against their default / evasion will be cleared and pretty much getting a stay order in Pakistan is like going out to eat dinner so all these corrupt guys have one.

Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one disqualified for corruption and tax evasion.

So far only liars/cheaters with fake degrees have been disqualified.

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insaftak View Post
    No one disqualified for corruption and tax evasion.

So far only liars/cheaters with fake degrees have been disqualified.
    Well done we know for sure that this ECP is corrupt and sold out.

What confidence can we have now that elections are not going to be super rigged!

Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    obviously these elections will be rigged. small politicians are mocked in front of the world by asking islamic questions and defaulters like nawaz sharif are allowed to contest no questions asked.

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Venue
    NZ
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    which ones? sorry only get ARY here on TV.

What I heard is that anyone with a stay order against their default / evasion will be cleared and pretty much getting a stay order in Pakistan is like going out to eat dinner so all these corrupt guys have one.

This website has all the pak talk shows and news

PKAFFAIRS.COM
    Pakistan Current Affairs
    http://www.pkaffairs.com/Talk_Shows_Recent_0-0-0

Live and let live

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Venue
    NZ
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Live and let live

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Venue
    NZ
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Dawn news.

KARACHI: The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf’s vice-chairman, Shah Mehmood Qureshi, has said he has filed nomination forms for the May 11 general elections from two constituencies of Tharparkar district, NA 228 and NA 230, as an independent candidate.

Addressing a press conference at the Raja House here along with PML-F chief Pir Pagara, Mr Qureshi expressed gratitude to the latter for inviting him to contest elections from Sindh.

He warned against extending the polling date, saying that any change in the election schedule would open a Pandora’s Box. The Supreme Court had already made it clear that it would not allow any extra-constitutional step.

He said the PPP-led governments at the centre and in Sindh over the past five years had put the country in a precarious situation where it was facing serious challenges of circular debt, institutional deterioration, poverty, ethnicity, terrorism and law and order. He said that stories of corruption and ‘existence of a chief minister in every district’ was a manifestation of the incompetence of the rulers.

“In view of the challenges, we have decided to unite all patriotic forces that believe in the federation, whose strength is declining, to find a way to steer the country on the way forward.”

He said the elections would decide whether people wanted to hand over the country to those who had bartered away national interest.

He said there was no solution except elections because a stable and strong federation was not possible without democracy. The elections should be held on time and in accordance with the constitution which decreed that the caretaker government’s sole agenda was to create an atmosphere in which free, fair and transparent elections could be held.

Mr Qureshi said the dream of the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf was a new, strong and prosperous Pakistan.

He said the coming period, when forces of 38 countries led by Nato would be pulling out of Afghanistan, would test the Pakistani leaders’ abilities.

Answering a question, Mr Qureshi alleged that President Asif Ali Zardari and the PPP had prepared a strategy to give minimum time for electioneering.

He said the death anniversary of PPP’s founder chairman Zulfikar Ali Bhutto had always been commemorated in a big way even when the late Benazir Bhutto was in exile but the last government had limited the event to Garhi Khuda Bakhsh which was a matter to ponder for the ideological party workers.

Pir Pagara thanked Mr Qureshi for accepting his invitation to contest the elections from Sindh and said it would fulfill the desire of his late father who had been keen to see the followers of the Ghausia and Hur Jamaats come together. He said his party would ensure Mr Qureshi’s victory.

The PML-F chief expressed confidence that Dr Arbab Ghulam Rahim, leader of another PML faction, would support the alliance.

Pir Pagara alleged that the PPP was still ruling in Sindh. He said the Punjab chief secretary had been changed but similar transfer orders in Sindh had not been implemented.

He said the time given for scrutiny of the nomination papers was not sufficient to screen out defaulters of the agriculture bank in Punjab and Sindh. The returning officers ought to concentrate on recovering public money instead of asking irrelevant questions from candidates, he said.

Talking to Dawn, Mr Qureshi said he had permission from PTI chief Imran Khan for all his decisions. He said his move to contest the elections as an independent candidate was a “technical issue”.

An official of the Election Commission of Pakistan said there was no bar on a person contesting election from one constituency as an independent candidate and from another as a candidate of some party.

Live and let live

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why is SMQ standing as an independent over there?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah what's this drama going on with SMQ? On one hand I'm reading tweets like "I would never contest elections independently since I am the VP of PTI." And on the other hand, i am reading these news items.

What the deal here?

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Venue
    NZ
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah what's this drama going on with SMQ? On one hand I'm reading tweets like "I would never contest elections independently since I am the VP of PTI." And on the other hand, i am reading these news items.

What the deal here?
    I dont think that twitter acount is SMQs.

Live and let live

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Venue
    NZ
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the deal here?
    IK interveiw in Dawn.

In reply to a question, he said the PTI had reached a seat adjustment arrangement with Shaikh Rashid Ahmed in Rawalpindi and the Nawab of Bahawalpur, while negotiations were under way with the Jamaat-i-Islami and Majlis Whadatul Muslimeen.

He said the party had allowed its vice chairman Shah Mehmood Qureshi to contest election as an independent candidate to make breakthrough in Sindh because his win would mean a seat for the PTI.

Live and let live

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ But why cant he get the same votes and backing by being a PTI candidate? I mean he is the SVP of PTI, whether he puts that in writing on the nomination forms doesnt really matter.

The twitter account is PTI's as far as I know, and not SMQ's

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Venue
    NZ
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ But why cant he get the same votes and backing by being a PTI candidate? I mean he is the SVP of PTI, whether he puts that in writing on the nomination forms doesnt really matter.

The twitter account is PTI's as far as I know, and not SMQ's

Nasim Zehra ‏@NasimZehra 17h
    To guarante a win SMQ decides 2 contest from Sindh as an independant-he needs Pagara sb suport who won't suport PTI bcos of aliance wth PMLn

SMQ ‏ @smqpti
    This is an unofficial/fans' account. The tweets coming your way from here are, hence, entirely my personal views; and not Mr Shah Mehmood Qureshi's.

Live and let live

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^Thanks for the clarification! Interesting stuff

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spinDoc View Post
    IK interveiw in Dawn.

In reply to a question, he said the PTI had reached a seat adjustment arrangement with Shaikh Rashid Ahmed in Rawalpindi and the Nawab of Bahawalpur, while negotiations were under way with the Jamaat-i-Islami and Majlis Whadatul Muslimeen.

He said the party had allowed its vice chairman Shah Mehmood Qureshi to contest election as an independent candidate to make breakthrough in Sindh because his win would mean a seat for the PTI.
    Will we have PTI candidates on ballots for the two seats SMQ will contest election as an independent candidate?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smq is a lota and you'll see that come may. Pti's gonna get stabbed in the back and lose their only effective public speaker.
    And vision pakistan blasted pti, they should have sent stronger people to the show. Better politicians anyway

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has to be the first time in the history of elections in Pakistan that a candidate being part of a party, in fact it's Vice chairman is running as an independent and not on the ticket of his party. And all IK has to say about this is well, those seats will still be PTI's seats even if SMQ wins as an independent. Lol. Just goes to show that PTI does not even have confidence in its own name. Better to lose than to win like that. What a joke!
    Last edited by saadibaba; 7th April 2013 at 12:34.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    This has to be the first time in the history of elections in Pakistan that a candidate being part of a party, in fact it's Vice chairman is running as an independent and not on the ticket of his party. And all IK has to say about this is well, those seats will still be PTI's seats even if SMQ wins as an independent. Lol. Just goes to show that PTI does not even have confidence in its own name. Better to lose than to win like that. What a joke!
    Well at least in your negative mindset, you agree that change has arrived

Like someone mentioned above, it's because of the alliance with pir pagara who wont align themselves with SMQ under the umbrella of PTI.

The tickets will be announced tomorrow in a press conference I'm hearing.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What change? The party is being made to look like a joke at the worst possible time for them. They're looking very weak right now

Debut
    Apr 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol PTI afraid of losing allow SMQ to run independently so if he lose it will be lose for SMQ and not PTI but if win Its is win for PTI

Biggest Fans of Shoaib Akhter, Saeed Ajmal and Younis Khan

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smq was the foreign minister under ppp and we all saw how he bowed his head to the Americans. He's cia's man. Pti would have been better off without him.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Down2Earth View Post
    Smq was the foreign minister under ppp and we all saw how he bowed his head to the Americans. He's cia's man. Pti would have been better off without him.
    exactly, there was no need for SMQ or Hashmi. Instead new faces would have come to the top and lot of the lotas would have stayed out.

I would say accepting SMQ and JH was a big mistake for PTI

Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good tactical move from pti with regards to smq. I dont have a problem with it..

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by from_da_lost_dim3nsion View Post
    Hold your horses buddy . They do this to every political party Badami asks straight questions cutting through the ** .He calls them on their B.S too with facts . Vision Pakistan is probably the most informative and eye opening election shows on Tv right now .You should've seen what he did to MQM and Noora league.
    Insulting behavior is not acceptable.....There has to be some decency on their part...

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    exactly, there was no need for SMQ or Hashmi. Instead new faces would have come to the top and lot of the lotas would have stayed out.

I would say accepting SMQ and JH was a big mistake for PTI
    But PTI needs electables and big names. You cannot expect PTI to make major inroads with candidates whom the electorate does not recognise.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Ch. Nisar's nomination papers rejected from NA-53!

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    smq fooled ik as expected.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Zero View Post
    Is he leaving or joining N league?

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is he leaving or joining N league?
    Doing both!

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Doing both!
    Hillarious news...:

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still ******** that he left you guys ?

SMQ is obviously still in PTI.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Official Pakistan 2013 General Elections thread

Raja rental's papers rejected as well.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Musharaff's nominations have been rejected from all seats?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ch.Nisars papers have been REJECTED!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Musharaff's nominations have been rejected from all seats?
    He is confirmed in Chitral - http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-95...y-from-Chitral

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still can't get over it, VC of a party running as an independent.

So the "change" they were supposed to bring was this !

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^

You are really sad about this i think

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^

Yeah in a way, did not expect PTI to stoop to this level just to win a seat or two.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^

You are really sad about this i think
    SaadiBaba is a logical poster but a real pessimist.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    ^^^

Yeah in a way, did not expect PTI to stoop to this level just to win a seat or two.
    But that's Pak politics, if PTI are not pragmatic and unwilling to do this type of thing, make alliances then they are criticised for being naive. If they do, then they are 'selling out' so their arguments seem to be criticised both ways.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    But that's Pak politics, if PTI are not pragmatic and unwilling to do this type of thing, make alliances then they are criticised for being naive. If they do, then they are 'selling out' so their arguments seem to be criticised both ways.
    I think you are confusing "selling out" with pragmatism. Show me one example where any other party including all the sell out parties, where their number 2 has done the same as what is SMQ is doing right now. Just goes to show the desperation of PTI supporters who are supporting this move. Tsunami aise nahi aye gi.

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insulting behavior is not acceptable.....There has to be some decency on their part...
    these politicians need to be asked the tough questions.They have made a carrier out of not answering the real question and beat around the bush . I appreciate it when an anchor forces them to give a straight answer. These political talk shows aren't supposed to be about politicians going up there and talk up their parties,They are there so question can be answered.

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are confusing "selling out" with pragmatism. Show me one example where any other party including all the sell out parties, where their number 2 has done the same as what is SMQ is doing right now. Just goes to show the desperation of PTI supporters who are supporting this move. Tsunami aise nahi aye gi.
    Whats the logic behind this move by SMQ ?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by from_da_lost_dim3nsion View Post
    Whats the logic behind this move by SMQ ?
    I talked about it before too but my theory is that SMQ is keeping his options open by doing this. In case PTI is unable to make an impact in the coming elections, SMQ will then be free to join any party in the govt. as the 18th amendment rule of not being able to change parties will not apply to him as he would have won his seat as an independent.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    PTI do not have an electoral track record to speak of though, and the one of the main functions of any political party is the electoral one, to win seats in the legislature, and they are trying to give themselves the best possible chance in doing that.

OK look I agree this type of muk muka politics is completely contradictory to PTI's claim of tsunami, break with the past, clean sweep etc, and despite IK's claim he would not get involved in the game of political alliances - he is so I give you that.

But a party especially one as new as PTI cannot expect to make inroads without making alliances, which they are doing so. We have to be realistic about this, yes other parties do not do this but they have established vote banks that have been built up over decades. PTI have to start building up their vote banks on the other hand, and if this is what they have to do, then so be it ?

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked about it before too but my theory is that SMQ is keeping his options open by doing this. In case PTI is unable to make an impact in the coming elections, SMQ will then be free to join any party in the govt. as the 18th amendment rule of not being able to change parties will not apply to him as he would have won his seat as an independent.
    makes complete sense . I forgot about the 18th .

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    SaadiBaba is a logical poster but a real pessimist.
    I hear he has a poster of his quaid altaf sahib on his ceiling..

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    PTI do not have an electoral track record to speak of though, and the one of the main functions of any political party is the electoral one, to win seats in the legislature, and they are trying to give themselves the best possible chance in doing that.

OK look I agree this type of muk muka politics is completely contradictory to PTI's claim of tsunami, break with the past, clean sweep etc, and despite IK's claim he would not get involved in the game of political alliances - he is so I give you that.

But a party especially one as new as PTI cannot expect to make inroads without making alliances, which they are doing so. We have to be realistic about this, yes other parties do not do this but they have established vote banks that have been built up over decades. PTI have to start building up their vote banks on the other hand, and if this is what they have to do, then so be it ?
    Sure, I'm all for it but then don't call yourself a party of change and stop making tall claims about not being an alliance with so and so. Basically what is happening here is PTI and PML-N making an indirect alliance. PML-F has an alliance with N league, while its supporting SMQ on this seat, but since they can't officially be in alliance with PTI because of their alliance with N league, SMQ is running as an independent despite being VC of PTI, so he can get the support of PML-F. So PML-F is the king maker while PTI and PML-N are in an indirect alliance. Lets see, how does that represent change.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PTI hasn't not announced any candidates yet.. All of candidates will be discussed again tomorrow!

They should finish with this and move on to campaign. With no electricity in most of punjab. we could give some serious tongue lashing/phainta to PPP and PMLN now

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Official Pakistan 2013 General Elections thread

What r the opinion polls saying.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Sure, I'm all for it but then don't call yourself a party of change and stop making tall claims about not being an alliance with so and so. Basically what is happening here is PTI and PML-N making an indirect alliance. PML-F has an alliance with N league, while its supporting SMQ on this seat, but since they can't officially be in alliance with PTI because of their alliance with N league, SMQ is running as an independent despite being VC of PTI, so he can get the support of PML-F. So PML-F is the king maker while PTI and PML-N are in an indirect alliance. Lets see, how does that represent change.
    Yaar every opposition politician in my lifetime has said that they represent change and how they will break with the past but end up making alliances, formal or informal. Its been like this so far as I can remember. The change mantra is always the language of politicians to get elected. Obama talked about 'change' in 2008 and taking on the vested interests of big business but there are those on the left who say he's failed to do so. Cameron over here talked about how he too represented change and that he was and would take on our banking system, yet his party has arguably got even more cosier with the banks.

Now I'm certainly not directly comparing those two with IK but its the language of an election campaign - which often can be so contradictory with that party's actions but that's how politics has been even before the likes of PTI. Now I do think some PTI supporters do often overegg the change/tsunami slogan as I mentioned earlier, they have had to work with the system and get bogged in the game of alliances but people have to be realistic. They are never going to come in and win a landslide, but what they can do is gradually build up their vote banks, make the alliances and do what all parties want to do which is get elected. Otherwise the alternative is naive idealism, to keep harping on about change on the sidelines but ultimately leading to electoral irrelevance to the benefit of noone and to the detriment of the people. Or they could try and make inroads through alliances and using the defectors from other parties, get elected and implement their policies.
    Last edited by Markhor; 8th April 2013 at 00:15.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Asma Chaudhry an anchor tweets that PPP may boycott elections because of victimization....

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^

Imran Khan on PTV Said I will be surprised if PPP got more than 5 Seats

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we get 18+ hours of loadshedding till May 10th

Grandpa Zindabad!

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    Still ******** that he left you guys ?

SMQ is obviously still in PTI.
    "you guys"?

I am mere a spectator.. of this topi drama...

people like smq got no principles...they have been fooling people for generations...
    even when he joined pti, (after he had so many meetings with sharifs)..i said that he would left ik in a sec if he sees that his future's uncertain...