Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SS Big Ton 47

My new SS Big Ton 47 English Willow Cricket Bat. Grade 1+ series cricket bat with contoured massive Edges - 40mm+. Though the bat is bit heavy but the balance and pick is awesome. Its quite meaty and large bowed as you can see in the pix.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much did you pay for this? It does not look like G1+ willow.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    $350

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL def not a G1

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a G1 to me guys grains are straight, heartwood is nothing some batsmen love heartwood. Its only not a G1 if it has knots or blemsishes across the bat which from the photos this bat does not so looks like a g1 to me congratz buddy hope its not too heavy 40 + mm haha

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not worth 350 for sure.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All Big Ton 47s are Grade 1 for sure. As I bought this one from the SS Stockist, who is the official distributor on SS website, chances of being a fake is slim.

One of my highlander friend, who is not only tall but weigh close to 100 is quite impressed; the bat look like size 5 in his hands, I might sell him this bat.

I was thinking of ordering TON Gladiator which is 150 more than SS Gladiator. I think it's only the sticker, the overall performance has to be the same. Quite confused between both the Gladiators. Any suggestions ?

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SS and ton are same thing.

Buy SS - cheaper for the same thing

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bought the same bat. Would post some pictures soon. The bat is a a bit heavy with massive edges(40mm+). Since I bought it from a shop in Merut, I had the possibility of choosing it from a lot. The bat looks better than the one in th epicture. I have hand knocked it for 5 hours and used it in a couple of matches. The ball flies of the face and it is without a doubt better than any of the bats I have used previously(SS limited edition, Kookabura Kahuna Big edge, SS Vertu). I paid 15,700 INR for it.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Though this bat is slightly heavy, but due to the balance it feel like 2'9. This bat is perfect for sloggers due to it's weight and massive 40+ edges. Price/Performance wise this bat is listed next to Gladiator (second best bat after Gladiator), above Limited Edition, KP, Matrix and Max Power

Quote Originally Posted by parag View Post
    I have bought the same bat. Would post some pictures soon. The bat is a a bit heavy with massive edges(40mm+). Since I bought it from a shop in Merut, I had the possibility of choosing it from a lot. The bat looks better than the one in th epicture. I have hand knocked it for 5 hours and used it in a couple of matches. The ball flies of the face and it is without a doubt better than any of the bats I have used previously(SS limited edition, Kookabura Kahuna Big edge, SS Vertu). I paid 15,700 INR for it.