Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlizeeFan View Post
    Last 37 tests, 160 wickets at an average of 24.89.
    Still not better than Steyns career stats

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

James Anderson's bowling average to drop below 30 soon (Countdown)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Not over yet
    It is now

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon_Ghaffar View Post
    It is now
    Average of 29.99 still doesn't make him better than Steyn.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The True Magician!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think England fans are particularly insecure (unlike the Anderson haters!) so they're not asking for him to be compared to Dale Steyn. What they're happy with is that he is a superb bowler for England. It's purely about the TEAM winning in England, although apparently not everywhere else.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So it's finally under 30 and this time around, it will stay that way for at least three days unlike the last two times that lasted about 5 minutes combined.

Fauj ka jo yaar hay, mulk ka ghaddar hay,
    Ye jo dehshatgardi hay, is kay peechay wardi hay.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am just happy to have a dependable leader of the attack. And he is not good as Steyn. But hell, Steyn looks to end his career as top 3 to ever bowl fast. Nothing wrong with second to that. I just am happy that Anderson is good enough that every other team in the world would snatch him up in an instant to either lead the attack or support Steyn at the other end.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Whats his career average after this match?

The reason why i dont rate him highly its his lack of destructive ability. Even when putting up subjective cut off-dates its still 55+.

An improved bowler though but not anywhere near great IMO

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    I am just happy to have a dependable leader of the attack. And he is not good as Steyn. But hell, Steyn looks to end his career as top 3 to ever bowl fast. Nothing wrong with second to that. I just am happy that Anderson is good enough that every other team in the world would snatch him up in an instant to either lead the attack or support Steyn at the other end.
    Mainly due to circumstance than anything...

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    what do we do with his partner then?

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    Whats his career average after this match?

The reason why i dont rate him highly its his lack of destructive ability. Even when putting up subjective cut off-dates its still 55+.

An improved bowler though but not anywhere near great IMO
    He can be destructive every now and then. Pakistan at TB. NZ at TB. Aus at Adelaide come to mind. A couple Lords matches...

As for partnering him with Steyn... Steyn destroying a side at one end while Jimmy works people out with control at the other. Steyn tires faster than you put on Philander to do what he does. No reprieve for the batsman as Jimmy can bowl extended spells of high class bowling. He is bot highly skilled and a workhorse. What more can you ask.

and no he is not great. But he will be fondly remembered in England.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Mainly due to circumstance than anything...
    Flat pitches and T20 training along with videos that help you prepare for bowlers. Not many good bowlers exist in the game for a reason. It is hard being a bowler. People say Finn and Pattinson and Boult and Starc are just laden with talent. None of them look like Steyn or McGrath etc right now because it has gotten harder to bowl.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ¨^ The man will end up with 500 wickets below 30 by the time he hangs up. That will surely make him a world great.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Flat pitches and T20 training along with videos that help you prepare for bowlers. Not many good bowlers exist in the game for a reason. It is hard being a bowler. People say Finn and Pattinson and Boult and Starc are just laden with talent. None of them look like Steyn or McGrath etc right now because it has gotten harder to bowl.
    As stupid as you might think it may sound but Philander reminds me a lot of Mcgrath and Pattinson is quite similar to Steyn (Aggression and Pace).

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He can be destructive every now and then. Pakistan at TB. NZ at TB. Aus at Adelaide come to mind. A couple Lords matches...

As for partnering him with Steyn... Steyn destroying a side at one end while Jimmy works people out with control at the other. Steyn tires faster than you put on Philander to do what he does. No reprieve for the batsman as Jimmy can bowl extended spells of high class bowling. He is bot highly skilled and a workhorse. What more can you ask.

and no he is not great. But he will be fondly remembered in England.
    how did you come to that conclusion? Steyn has bowled some marathon spells and is the fittest guy out there (as most South Africans are athletes), Smith wants to prolong his career and likes to bowl him for 5 over spells. He bowled 10 overs on the trott against Pakistan to prove his fitness.

Philander looks like a new ball bowler to me (will have to wait and see before making bold assertions), even if he turns out to be a "trundler", "new ball bully" or "green track bully" he is just too devastating. Bowled Australia, New Zealand and Pakistan under 50, this clearly indicates his destructive prowess upfront it would be a waste to introduce him @1st change.

I dont want someone to contain upfront i want to see batsmen in the hut. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK
    Last edited by soso_killer; 14th July 2013 at 14:30.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how did you come to that conclusion? Steyn has bowled some marathon spells and is the fittest guy out there (as most South Africans are athletes), Smith wants to prolong his career and likes to bowl him for 5 over spells. He bowled 10 overs on the trott against Pakistan to prove his fitness.

Philander looks like a new ball bowler to me (will have to wait and see before making bold assertions), even if he turns out to be a "trundler", "new ball bully" or "green track bully" he is just to devastating. Bowled Australia, New Zealand and Pakistan under 50, this clearly indicates his destructive prowess upfront it would be a waste to introduce @1st change.

I dont want someone to contain upfront i want to see batsmen in the hut
    Jimmy is fit. How else do you bowl 13 overs in that heat. He did 7 or 8 in India too at one point. And he doesn't contain first up. He works people over by mixing in and outswing and people can't score off him. And Philander is the best bowler to get seam movement of the lot so he would mind a 10 overs old ball the least, if it has a touch less swing.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Jimmy is fit. How else do you bowl 13 overs in that heat. He did 7 or 8 in India too at one point. And he doesn't contain first up. He works people over by mixing in and outswing and people can't score off him. And Philander is the best bowler to get seam movement of the lot so he would mind a 10 overs old ball the least, if it has a touch less swing.
    i never said Jimmy was not fit, i was stating that your claims on Steyn tiring quickly were baseless and unfounded allegations.

Re Vern: i think its be a matter preference/opinion or maybe that i dont trust him yet with the older or slighty older ball. Hence he would open the bowling for me.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i never said Jimmy was not fit, i was stating that your claims on Steyn tiring quickly were baseless and unfounded allegations.

Re Vern: i think its be a matter preference/opinion or maybe that i dont trust him yet with the older or slighty older ball. Hence he would open the bowling for me.
    Perhaps, but in relative fitness to Anderson, I'd say Steyn tires faster and more likely to break down after long spells. Anderson has missed one match to injury in the past few years I think, and he is the most bowled pacer in our team, and behind Herath for most overs bowled over some span, not sure how many. That's why I'd rather conserve Steyn, as in. 5 overs of Steyn, 7 for Anderson, Philander starts after Steyn. I don't see a point in taking Anderson off before Steyn, safer all around.

And the reason I'd want Anderson at opening is because he is good at every spot, but he excels at two areas. New ball swing, and reverse swing. I think he might be the best reverse bowler currently playing, and Philander/Steyn are his competition for new ball. I wouldn't want to put him in the middle sort of overs where he can be tight, but not incisive. That's where I'd want Philander's seam bowling and Steyn's pace.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The problem with moving the ball all over the place too early is that batsmen will be over cautious. Against quality teams you will get found out too, you have to show patients and bowl in the right areas consistently (look at Jimmy's record vs South Africa for example).
    To some degree a bit like the debate between Waqar and Wasim, the latter could bowl every delivery in the book, yeah sure he was economical but take a look at his strike rate. Hence i choose Waqar all the time despite him travelling a lil bit.

Philander's strength is unrelenting accuracy and seam movement in either direction. Jimmy tends to get carried away and wants to bowl every delivery on the book and loses accuracy/penetration at times, again his strike rate tells the story.

I want batsmen to play as many deliviries against the new ball as possible and Vern gives me that option, he is more accurate than Jimmy. Then you have Steyn who moves it away very late his outswinger is better than Jimmy's to be fair. Thats the best combination for me.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with moving the ball all over the place too early is that batsmen will be over cautious. Against quality teams you will get found out too, you have to show patients and bowl in the right areas consistently (look at Jimmy's record vs South Africa for example).
    To some degree a bit like the debate between Waqar and Wasim, the latter could bowl every delivery in the book, yeah sure he was economical but take a look at his strike rate. Hence i choose Waqar all the time despite him travelling a lil bit.

Philander's strength is unrelenting accuracy and seam movement in either direction. Jimmy tends to get carried away and wants to bowl every delivery on the book and loses accuracy/penetration at times, again his strike rate tells the story.

I want batsmen to play as many deliviries against the new ball as possible and Vern gives me that option, he is more accurate than Jimmy. Then you have Steyn who moves it away very late his outswinger is better than Jimmy's to be fair. Thats the best combination for me.
    In recent years he hasn't actually done that. Jimmy's bowling was more exciting to watch when he was younger. He had magic balls that just blew people away. Nowadays he bowls a tight line with the ball moving away, and the occasional one going in. Same exact delivery, sometimes moving the line just a bit, then a bit more, then getting the one going to the pads. His SR might be somewhat high, but it makes sense for his bowling. I would contend that he is very accurate. Maybe not penetrating all the time, but safe.

Philander bowls magic balls though.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Sir Jimmy not doing so well.. 29.89 atm

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    2 more overs may do it. Where's MG? he's going to miss this historic moment..
    Last edited by Aman; 2nd August 2013 at 10:20.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    A great or a legend is is when his average is 25, he coukd be an England legend but not a workd legend

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I meant below 25

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Has it gone over 30

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    737 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    29.95 right now...
    brutally exposed when there is no cloud cover!

'I fear the day when technology will surpass human interaction'
    - Albert Einstein

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Lol him an sgeyn, anyway you have to credit to tge ecb for pwrsisting with him

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His average is inflated because of Aussies playing badly... By the time Aussies start dominating he will retire

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    The legend is on 29.99!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    104 N.O. for Sir Jimmy

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jimmy blasts his way to a century @ 3.52/over.

"This one doesn't take the cake, it takes the bakery" - Gavaskar

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just checked and not long to go now unless he takes a wicket, pray to the cloud gods jimmy boy.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    737 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    29.99!

'I fear the day when technology will surpass human interaction'
    - Albert Einstein

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Johannesburg
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The legendary Sir Jimmy. Every time he pulls of a couple of beautiful performances he follows it up with some legendary trundlings. In all fairness this is flat flat flat, which will be confirmed by the customary Clarke double on a flat pitch.

Forever Proteas

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffer_XIII View Post
    The legendary Sir Jimmy. Every time he pulls of a couple of beautiful performances he follows it up with some legendary trundlings. In all fairness this is flat flat flat, which will be confirmed by the customary Clarke double on a flat pitch.
    World class bowlers are able to take pitch out of equation.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khalil1986 View Post
    World class bowlers are able to take pitch out of equation.
    But Anderson is still one of the best bowlers around, shows the general decline in bowling standards.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Taken out of the attack

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL he has gone into hiding for a while, probably best as Starc and co will pummel him right now.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sir Bresnan moves on to 99

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The magical moment has arrived and the legend has hit 30 once again.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reverse bowling average watch?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for how many grand total of days his average remained below 30?

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vinay Anderson taken to the cleaners in this Test.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    anderson 116/0 wasim must have both hands on his face.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Anderson's avergae is comparable to Watto's, (30.03 vs 30.98), Watson isn't even the first change bowler.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    Anderson's avergae is comparable to Watto's, (30.03 vs 30.98), Watson isn't even the first change bowler.
    If you take whole career into consideration, Anderson does not really rate high, especially for some one used to bowling a lot of bowling friendly English wickets. Those who have begun rating him, are doing do based on his recent 2-3 year record.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Rough day at the office for Jimmy, Worst ever test figures. He'll be back, no worries.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IndianWillow View Post
    If you take whole career into consideration, Anderson does not really rate high, especially for some one used to bowling a lot of bowling friendly English wickets. Those who have begun rating him, are doing do based on his recent 2-3 year record.
    Exactly. But people struggle to grasp this simple idea for some reason.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon_Ghaffar View Post
    Exactly. But people struggle to grasp this simple idea for some reason.
    These same people don't realize that this record for the last 2-3 years still doesn't match Steyns...

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only other 2 countries where he averages less than 30 are India and UAE. After that, his best average is 36 in Australia, what an over rated player

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    take out all matches in England, he averages a mediocre 35

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    ¨^ The man will end up with 500 wickets below 30 by the time he hangs up. That will surely make him a world great.
    Afridi may end up with 400 ODI wickets..still does not make him a bowling GREAT (even for ODIs)

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CalculatedRisk View Post
    Afridi may end up with 400 ODI wickets..still does not make him a bowling GREAT (even for ODIs)
    Afridi is already a great

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Afridi is already a great
    In which sarcastic manner

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His career is similar to Zaheer Khan. A mediocre beginning with flashes of brilliance and then a few years of very good form, Zaheer averaging 22 odd in 2010 at a S/R of 40.

Before any of you jump in to compare their averages, note that Zak bowled a lot more on spin friendly Indian tracks compared to Jimmy and he was as good as Jimmy on help tracks and averaged 27 odd in England.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianWillow View Post
    His career is similar to Zaheer Khan. A mediocre beginning with flashes of brilliance and then a few years of very good form, Zaheer averaging 22 odd in 2010 at a S/R of 40.

Before any of you jump in to compare their averages, note that Zak bowled a lot more on spin friendly Indian tracks compared to Jimmy and he was as good as Jimmy on help tracks and averaged 27 odd in England.
    averages 32 in SA too which is decent. Sir Jimmy averages 38 on the easiest conditions you can bowl in

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    averages 32 in SA too which is decent. Sir Jimmy averages 38 on the easiest conditions you can bowl in
    Could be because SA batsmen are stronger. Steyn averages 21 odd in India but averages 30+ in friendlier English conditions - because the English on the whole are better at tackling pace than Indian batsmen.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Forget Steyn is Sir Jimmy even better than Siddle?

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    808 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Re: James Anderson's bowling average to drop below 30 soon (Countdown)

Not to mention India drew against Saffers because of Zaheer. Not SRT who ensured a solid run flow along with Gambhir and co., but Zaheer and Harby ensured that India took 20 wickets ensuring a win. Without Zaheer, India would have either lost that series or gotten whitewashed. They were flailing like fish out of water at Centurion before Zaheer came back at Durban.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both of them average 29.7 outside Asia.

However if we check only away matches outside Asia, Jimmy averages 36.
    Last edited by AlizeeFan; 4th August 2013 at 05:50.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anderson strikes! Good pressure created.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jimmy on a roll.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KPfan View Post
    Jimmy on a roll.
    Batsmen are trying to swing at everything and he is going at 5-6 runs an over.
    Last edited by Buffet; 4th August 2013 at 15:37.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    credit goes to his master

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    fluky wickets

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KPfan View Post
    Jimmy on a roll.
    Clutching at straws here aren't we.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anderson sub 30 again!!

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anderson is nowhere near Steyn because he doesn't have the pace Steyn possesses. Skill wise I think Anderson is better than Steyn. No doubt though Steyn can achieve plenty of wickets even on flat wickets since he has that pace.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will stay above 30 by the end of this series, and if he doesn't, well you have a nice juicy pack of Down Under coming your way later this year!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderson is world's best bowler right now according to Wasim Akram.
    Everyone has their own POW

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a honest hard working bowler nothing more.
    His pace is nothing special and if the pitch doesnt help him he is no threat.

Its more as a bowling unit they are really good but as said before ENG are missing a 90 mph plus bowler.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Karachi for life!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanzeel View Post
    So it's finally under 30 and this time around, it will stay that way for at least three days unlike the last two times that lasted about 5 minutes combined.
    well....

still theres some hope

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    take out all matches in England, he averages a mediocre 35
    As long as you'll apply that 'home matches don't count' rule to every other bowler to keep it fair.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Averaging 29.97 after the first innings...

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    30 is no longer a bad away average, regardless of where you play.

Past five year away averages.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=bowling

Bowlers of the 80s and 80s, especially the ones used to bowling on greenish wickets would probably chuckle at this list.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderson averaging 30.35, has already had a terrible first test with the ball.

I'd say he'll have one game where he takes a ten-fer, followed by two mediocre and one very good game.

His average will still be hovering around 30 though.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's just one test, considering how well he bowled here 3 years ago it's a bit early to be writing him off.