Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asia XI vs World XI

Would be fun to have a test series, India/ Pakistan/ SL and Bd vs Eng/ SA/ Aus/ NZ/ WI.

Post your xi's and winner. It will be a 3 match series, first match in Kolkata (turning pitch not dustbowl), second match at Headingley (good seamer condition but not green track) and final match in Sydney(assisting seamers first then turn later) so there is no home advantage.

Asia xi- Dilshan
    Vijay
    Sangakkara
    Pujara
    Younis
    Jayawardene (captain)
    Dhoni (wk)
    Junaid
    Irfan
    Ajmal
    Herath

World xi- Cook
    Smith
    Amla
    KP
    Kallis
    Clarke (captain)
    de villiers (wk)
    Philander
    Swann
    Steyn
    Anderson.
    Last edited by vandokkum; 20th May 2013 at 17:39.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On topic, world XI would and SHOULD win. Dhoni hasnt been a great t, test player, Vijay is Smith's competitor and Junaid-Irfan are far too inexperiened to be classed anywhere near steyn anderson. Pujara has just begun his career. Dillu is a good batsman, but not really the best.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The sub-continental cricket scene must be pretty bleak if Vijay is making it atop that list.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Asia xi vs World xi

Asia XI

Dilshan Dhawan Pujara Sangakkara(wk and C) Kohli/ Mahela Shakib Mathews Herath/Irfan Ajmal Junaid Rahat

Mahela is a walking wicket outside SC. Kohli is better though nothing special yet. Scary thing is there are so few decent subcontinental pacers now. Earlier, there were the Pakistan brigade, Vaas, Srinath, Agarkar, etc. Now even Irfan averages in his 60s.

World XI

Cook(c) Smith Amla Clarke Kallis Chanderpaul AB (wk) Philander/Pattinson Swann Steyn Jimmy

Pattinson comes in for Philly during the SC game. He has shown ability to run through sides in SC.

World XI will run through Asia methinks at Sydney and Headingley. Eden will go to Asia due to their superior spin attack.

2-1 to World XI ultimately.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherface58 View Post
    Asia XI

Dilshan Dhawan Pujara Sangakkara(wk and C) Kohli/ Mahela Shakib Mathews Herath/Irfan Ajmal Junaid Rahat

Mahela is a walking wicket outside SC. Kohli is better though nothing special yet. Scary thing is there are so few decent subcontinental pacers now. Earlier, there were the Pakistan brigade, Vaas, Srinath, Agarkar, etc. Now even Irfan averages in his 60s.

World XI

Cook(c) Smith Amla Clarke Kallis Chanderpaul AB (wk) Philander/Pattinson Swann Steyn Jimmy

Pattinson comes in for Philly during the SC game. He has shown ability to run through sides in SC.

World XI will run through Asia methinks at Sydney and Headingley. Eden will go to Asia due to their superior spin attack.

2-1 to World XI ultimately.
    Agarkar was one of the worst bowlers ever... averaged 50 odd

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from sanga, younus, ajmal and herath, none of the Asia XI would be able to fit into the world XI squad.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Asia XI is very weak when compared to world XI. Lot of inexperienced players in Asia XI. Batting is reasonable and spin attack is quality one but fast bowling unit seriously lacks the punch. Asia XI has chance to win only at Kolkata and I am am not too sure about that as well.

World XI should win the series with very high probability. Looks one sided contest to me and it's not surprising because currently you have two non SC teams as top 2 teams. With India at 3, Pakistan at 5 and SL at 6 it's not a surprise that World XI and Asia XI contest looks lopsided. If you do same analysis when two SC teams are top 2 then I am sure that situation will look different.
    Last edited by Buffet; 20th May 2013 at 18:32.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Asia xi vs World xi

Quote Originally Posted by vandokkum View Post
    Agarkar was one of the worst bowlers ever... averaged 50 odd
    He was decent in ODI and I mean the guy has a ton at Lord's where Lord could not get 40 and won India a test in Oz. He sucked more than he didn't but he had his moments.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Apart from sanga, younus, ajmal and herath, none of the Asia XI would be able to fit into the world XI squad.
    Don't see anyone other than Sanga and Ajmal making it in world xi...

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7 years ago, Asia XI would have won.

SRT, RD, Yousuf, Inzi murali and vaas, all where great players. They would be able to beat world XI. BTW, its not a great contest, when you consider that there are 3 good teams in Asia XI and from the others, there is only 1 decent test player, while world XI includes 5 good teams.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't see anyone other than Sanga and Ajmal making it in world xi...
    on turning wickets or normal wickets, herath and younus might get picked, otherwise not

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SRT, RD, Yousuf, Inzi murali and vaas, all where great players. They would be able to beat world XI. BTW, its not a great contest, when you consider that there are 3 good teams in Asia XI and from the others, there is only 1 decent test player, while world XI includes 5 good teams.
    I think contest will be there if you have SC teams as top 2-3 teams at the time of picking the XI. World XI having 5 countries won't matter that much but you are right here. Right now 3 good teams in SC and they are not really doing so well so it makes it an uneven contest.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, NZ and WI didn't get any picks... so. 7 years ago World xi would have been even stronger, with 6 out of 11 players being Aussies.. but Asia xi would have been a lot stronger

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7 years ago World xi would have been even stronger, .. but Asia xi would have been a lot stronger
    True but that would have made bit closer contest than your current scenario. If game was played in each test playing nation then I think batting line up having the likes of SRT/Shehwag/Dravid/Sanga/YK/VVS/MoYo would have dominated in SC irrespective of opposition bowling unit. Moyo is one of the greatest bat in home conditions. They would have done reasonably well even outside SC due to SRT/Dravid/Sanga. Asia XI bowling would have done very well in SC and competitive outside.

Over all contest would have been lot closer but World XI wins it due to many ATG's from Aus team filling the spots.
    Last edited by Buffet; 20th May 2013 at 19:03.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing's for sure, right now Asia xi is the weakest possible in atleast the last 20 years.... Wasim/ Waqar/ Tendulkar/ Murali alone would have made sure that it would be a close contest.. On the flip side, this is the strongest SA/ Eng xi ever, they make up 10 out of the 11... weakest OZ squad in ages.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have tried to include atleast 1 player from all teams

asia xi

dhawan
    dilshan
    pujara
    sangakkara (w)
    kohli
    misbah (c)
    nasir hussain
    ashwin
    ajmal
    bk
    junaid

row xi

cook
    amla
    kallis
    kp
    clarke (c)
    chanderpaul
    de villiers (w)
    southee
    swann
    steyn
    anderson

asia xi to win 3-0. ashwin & ajmal will blow them away in kolkata. in headingley, junaid & bk will be unplayable. in sydney, ashwin & ajmal will do the trick again before junaid & bk start things off as for batting, dhawan, pujara, kohli & misbah will take care of that department

asia xi looks a lot different now. 5 years ago & everyone would select sehwag, gambhir, tendulkar, dravid, laxman, younis khan, sangakkara(still there), zaheer, muralitharan, kumble, mohammad amir
    Last edited by amit; 20th May 2013 at 19:07.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing's for sure, right now Asia xi is the weakest possible in atleast the last 20 years
    True.

Batting greats of India and fast bowling greats of Pakistan are not there. Then Murali is absent. So cupboard is empty right now. Team will lose majority of their games outside SC.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SC team 12 years would have destroyed most teams:

Murali
    vaas
    SRT
    Wasim
    Waqar

Damn, there were so many quality bowlers that even the likes of akhtar, kumble, saqlain had to be omitted.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, NZ and WI didn't get any picks... so. 7 years ago World xi would have been even stronger, with 6 out of 11 players being Aussies.. but Asia xi would have been a lot stronger
    I think chanderpaul could get a spot

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    too many slit writters

world xi would get demolished in asia

it would basically be asia vs south africa

''....the sea would be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted... ''(18:109)

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ajmal and herath is enough to beat world xi in asia no need for any pacers.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dilshan
    iqbal
    kohli
    sangakarra
    misbah ul haq
    pujara
    matthews
    shakib
    ajmal
    herath
    kulasekara/malinga

''....the sea would be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted... ''(18:109)

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah should be in your Asian XI in place of Vijay

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vijay and Dilshan as the openers which I agree with, based on lack of options (lets face it, who else is going to play that role in an asian test 11, maybe Gambhir who is out of favour) really proves Asian cricket is currently in the shits.

Misbah should definitely be there and Perhaps Tamim/Shakib aswell for some Bangladesh representation
    Last edited by ahmed16; 20th May 2013 at 22:45.

Shahid Afridi....the skill, the power, the frustration

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    Misbah should be in your Asian XI in place of Vijay
    Vijay is an opener, Misbah would have to replace one of the big guns to get in.. I guess he is now a better batsman than Jayawardene so he could replace him.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vijay is an opener, Misbah would have to replace one of the big guns to get in.. I guess he is now a better batsman than Jayawardene so he could replace him.
    Both have only 3 century each at international level but they are contender for a spot in Asia XI. LOL, Shows the current level.
    Last edited by Buffet; 20th May 2013 at 23:01.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Both have only 3 century each at international level but they are contender for a spot in Asia XI. LOL, Shows the current level.
    lol, I was scratching my head trying to think of an opener in the asia xi

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, I was scratching my head trying to think of an opener in the asia xi
    OK , may be for openers you are running out of options. SC normally had problem in producing great openers but SC has produced many ATG's/Great middle order bat. Now even for middle order we have Misbah as a contender who has only 3 international century in 150+ international games.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    OK , may be for openers you are running out of options. SC normally had problem in producing great openers but SC has produced many ATG's/Great middle order bat. Now even for middle order we have Misbah as a contender who has only 3 international century in 150+ international games.
    Well, it makes sense that new generation of cricketers are more interested in the shorter versions, I doubt we will ever see another Gavaskar/ Dravid/ Anwar anytime soon.. Likes of Murali vijay and Dilshan would have been eaten for breakfast by the bowlers in the 80's and 90's..

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The problem for Asian teams is that they dont have a bowling attack to compete outside Asia. They would get slaughtered.

The same in Asia too to be honest albeit being slightly competitive. You have Amla, Kallis who play good spin bowling very well to some extent Cook i'd ask one/two these guys drop anchor and then AB, Clarke and KP would come in and attack. It would not be a contest to be honest. I would love to see Swann in this attack thats for sure

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is that the outcome of this game would probably be based on where it is played. If it was played in Asia, then I think that Asia would win. If the match was played in say South Africa or England, then the Asian XI would probably be out matched.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Perth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    World

1. Cook
    2. Smith
    3. Amla
    4. Kallis
    5. Clarke
    6. KP
    7. De Villiers+
    8. Swan
    9. Anderson
    10. Steyn
    11. Phillander

12 Monty

Can't see it losing anywhere.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    World

1. Cook
    2. Smith
    3. Amla
    4. Kallis
    5. Clarke
    6. KP
    7. De Villiers+
    8. Swan
    9. Anderson
    10. Steyn
    11. Phillander

12 Monty

Can't see it losing anywhere.
    The world xi pretty much picks itself, the Asia xi not so much. Never thought I would ever see an Asia xi without tendulkar while he is still playing

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The world xi pretty much picks itself, the Asia xi not so much. Never thought I would ever see an Asia xi without tendulkar while he is still playing
    Actually he is really in decline in last few years but to keep some perspective, Last 3 years: 2390 runs @ 45.96

Last 2 years, he has been really poor( Avg lower 30s) but then guy like Jayawardene, who is a contender for Asia XI, has been equally poor (avg 31-32) in last 2 years but some how no one notices that.
    Last edited by Buffet; 21st May 2013 at 02:52.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am surprised that no-one considered Vettori. He is an effective SLA who can bat as well. Has more centuries than half of the batsman in the BD test team

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    World XI would be far stronger afraid to say. Only one guy would get into the best XI now out of Asia and that's Ajmal. Maybe Sangakaara too, but that's only maybe. Weakest Asian XI in ages.

I'd substitute Sydney with the Oval to make it fair. Wherever in Australia, playing there is hard for subcontinent teams. Oval on the other hand, subcontinent teams generally find it a bit more similar. And given there's quite a lot of English players in the World XI who should be used to the oval, it'll even out.

We'd win in Asia simply because the batsmen will be better suited to playing spin in asian conditions. Lose everywhere else.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What do South Africa, England and Australia have in common? If anything it should be An Asia 11 vs Africa 11 (South Africa and Zimbos), vs Europe 11 (England and Ireland), et cetera.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    double post
    Last edited by Bilal7; 21st May 2013 at 04:08.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, there are not many international class batsmen present in Asia at this point of time! Especially India. Only Pujara and maybe Dhoni will feature in the final Asian XI from our side

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    at ma crib
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The asia XI mentioned in the OP would be stripped naked and spanked by that world XI team.

My Asia XI would be:

gambhir or tamim
    pujara
    Younis
    sangakara (wk)(c)
    jayawardane
    misbah
    shakib
    ajmal
    junaid
    irfan
    umesh yadav (couldnt find one fast bowler who fits in the role of a 3rd seamer so i went for pace, he cant be expensive in tests)

bench : herath, bhuvneshwar, kohli, asad shafiq.

Mediocre/unproven openers, solid middle and lower order, good spin options and talented but unproven quicks. Even then world XI would be hard to beat.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep99 View Post
    Unfortunately, there are not many international class batsmen present in Asia at this point of time! Especially India. Only Pujara and maybe Dhoni will feature in the final Asian XI from our side
    You forgot Sir Jadeja. He can easily destroy the World XI

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    one sir jadeja is enough to destroy the whole world XI, no need for the other 10 players in asia XI

'I fear the day when technology will surpass human interaction'
    - Albert Einstein

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asia XI cannot beat SA XI atm. There is no chance against World XI. They may win at Kolkata and make it 2-1. With all the three teams India, Pakistan and Srilanka having lots of new players and in transition, this was to be expected.

"This one doesn't take the cake, it takes the bakery" - Gavaskar

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or atleast Clarke

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    832 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    World XI 3-0.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Probably asia XI for me would be:

Dilshan
    Hafeez
    Kohli
    Younus
    Sangakarra
    Misbah (C)
    Dhoni (WK)
    Herath
    Ajmal
    Junaid
    Irfan

Would win the first and lose the other two.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    832 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mussu-100 View Post
    Probably asia XI for me would be:

Dilshan
    Hafeez
    Kohli
    Younus
    Sangakarra
    Misbah (C)
    Dhoni (WK)
    Herath
    Ajmal
    Junaid
    Irfan

Would win the first and lose the other two.
    Top order is atrocious compared to
    Cook
    Smith
    Amla
    Kallis
    Clarke
    AB

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looking at the current asian xi, compare this to asia xis of the past

asia xi 2009

sehwag
    gambhir
    dravid
    tendulkar
    sangakkara(w)
    younis khan
    laxman
    kumble
    muralitharan
    zaheer khan
    asif

asia xi 2000

jayasurya
    anwar
    dravid
    tendulkar
    inzamam
    mohammad yousuf
    moin khan(w)
    wasim
    waqar
    kumble
    muralitharan

those were the days

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asia XI

1. Kumar Sangakara (C)
    2. Virat Kohli
    3. Jayawardena
    4. Younis Khan
    5. Shakib
    6. MS Dhoni (wk)
    7. Angelo Mathews
    8. Saeed Ajmal
    9. Rangan Herath
    10. Junaid Khan
    11. M Irfan

World XI

1. Hashim Amla
    2. Alaistair Cook
    3. Michael Clark (C)
    4. AB Develiers (wk)
    5. Chris Gayle
    6. Shane Watson
    7. Jacques Kallis
    8. James Anderson
    9. Dale Steyn
    10. Sunil Narine
    11. Swann

What will happen if test match is at Abu Dhabi

I N S W I N G Y O R K E R

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    World XI will win

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    World xi-

Cook
    Smith
    Amla
    KP
    Kallis
    Clarke (captain)
    de villiers (wk)
    Philander
    Swann
    Steyn
    Anderson.
    I would have ABDV as a batter alone, drop KP and bring in Prior as keeper.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I would have ABDV as a batter alone, drop KP and bring in Prior as keeper.
    But if you let AB keep you can get a better batsman in. Prior ain't a good enough bat alone to get in to a World XI. Think the team would be stronger with AB keeping. AB batting + keeping is better than Prior batting + keeping.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    But if you let AB keep you can get a better batsman in. Prior ain't a good enough bat alone to get in to a World XI. Think the team would be stronger with AB keeping. AB batting + keeping is better than Prior batting + keeping.
    Well, that's the old argument about whether to have the better keeper or the better batter. I would go for the better keeper because he will take more catches and stumpings and restrict the oppo - it's an attacking move. I though England were stronger with Stewart batting and Russell keeping wicket, for example. Plus the ROW XI has Swann, and ABDV won't know how to keep to him!

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity View Post
    Asia XI

1. Kumar Sangakara (C)
    2. Virat Kohli
    3. Jayawardena
    4. Younis Khan
    5. Shakib
    6. MS Dhoni (wk)
    7. Angelo Mathews
    8. Saeed Ajmal
    9. Rangan Herath
    10. Junaid Khan
    11. M Irfan

World XI

1. Hashim Amla
    2. Alaistair Cook
    3. Michael Clark (C)
    4. AB Develiers (wk)
    5. Chris Gayle
    6. Shane Watson
    7. Jacques Kallis
    8. James Anderson
    9. Dale Steyn
    10. Sunil Narine
    11. Swann

What will happen if test match is at Abu Dhabi
    narine ahead of philander & southee narine isnt even in the west indies test team now

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity View Post
    5. Chris Gayle
    6. Shane Watson
    Not in a test match - these are top ODI men but mediocre at the long game.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Not in a test match - these are top ODI men but mediocre at the long game.
    The only World xi Watson and gayle will feature in would be IPL xi

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amit View Post
    narine ahead of philander & southee narine isnt even in the west indies test team now
    COMBINATION of both teams ...... if you look closely you will notice that combination of both teams is close to similarity ............... and another aspect of playing at abu dhabi you should have two spinners ......... WI should give narine a attest go if he is not there than it is WI fault IMO ................. likewise IMO you need aggressive players in the middle such players who can play aggressive shots for longer span of time on crease that Is why gayle was there .......

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Rome,Italy
    Runs
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Would be fun to have a test series, India/ Pakistan/ SL and Bd vs Eng/ SA/ Aus/ NZ/ WI.

Post your xi's and winner. It will be a 3 match series, first match in Kolkata (turning pitch not dustbowl), second match at Headingley (good seamer condition but not green track) and final match in Sydney(assisting seamers first then turn later) so there is no home advantage.

Asia xi- Dilshan
    Vijay
    Sangakkara
    Pujara
    Younis
    Jayawardene (captain)
    Dhoni (wk)
    Junaid
    Irfan
    Ajmal
    Herath

World xi- Cook
    Smith
    Amla
    KP
    Kallis
    Clarke (captain)
    de villiers (wk)
    Philander
    Swann
    Steyn
    Anderson.
    my teams

Asian XI

G Ganmbir
    M jawawerdene
    V Kohli
    Misbah
    Younis
    Sangakara (C)
    Shakib
    U gul
    Jkhan
    S ajmal
    R herath

World xi

H amla
    A cook
    J Kallis
    M clarke
    K peterson
    AB Devilliors (c)
    S watson
    Steyn
    Philander
    anderson
    swann

Comments please

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Rome,Italy
    Runs
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    my teams

(Asian XI)

G Ganmbir
    M jawawerdene
    V Kohli
    Misbah
    Younis
    Sangakara (C)
    Shakib
    U gul
    Jkhan
    S ajmal
    R herath

(World x1 )

H amla
    A cook
    J Kallis
    M clarke
    K peterson
    AB Devilliors (c)
    S watson
    Steyn
    Philander
    Anserson
    Swann

comments please about my selection

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that row xi is rubbish compared to ones years ago when you had warne, mcgrath and openers like hayden, kirsten, vaughan etc

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    that row xi is rubbish compared to ones years ago when you had warne, mcgrath and openers like hayden, kirsten, vaughan etc
    It's still some distance better than the Asia xi, the old Asia xi was comparable with previous world xi.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    622 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Asian XI

Pujara
    Dhawan
    Sanga
    YK
    Kohli
    Dhoni
    Matthews/Jadeja
    Ajmal
    Junaid
    Herath
    Irfan

World XI

Smith
    Cook
    Amla
    Kallis
    KP
    Clarke
    AB
    Swan
    Phillander
    Anderson/Monty
    Steyn

On a spinning wicket the Asian XI would be slight favourites me thinks. Other than that the World XI has too much firepower.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know how weak Asia XI is, when guys like N Hossain, Dhawan, Irfan, Vijay who have played handful of tests are getting picked in the squads

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know how weak Asia XI is, when guys like N Hossain, Dhawan, Irfan, Vijay who have played handful of tests are getting picked in the squads
    ya thats why i posted some asia xis of the past

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A really poor comparison really, you know who is going to win that by a huge margin

A better comparison would be SA XI[World no 1 side] vs World XI.

Cook
    Dilshan
    Sangakara
    Clarke
    KP
    Chanderpaul
    Matt Prior
    Ajmal
    Roach
    Siddle
    Anderson

vs SA XI

This match would be really interesting, and competitive.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    A really poor comparison really, you know who is going to win that by a huge margin

A better comparison would be SA XI[World no 1 side] vs World XI.

Cook
    Dilshan
    Sangakara
    Clarke
    KP
    Chanderpaul
    Matt Prior
    Ajmal
    Roach
    Siddle
    Anderson

vs SA XI

This match would be really interesting, and competitive.
    Junaid should be in for Roach, otherwise this is what the World XI should be like.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If an ODI match is on Sub Continent pitches
    World XI
    Brendon Mc Cullum
    AB De Villiers(wk)
    Amla
    Pietersen(vice captain)
    Clarke(captain)
    Kallis
    Watson
    James Anderson
    Dale Steyn
    Graeme Swan
    Daniel Vettori

Asia XI
    Pujara
    Tamim Iqbal
    Kholi
    YK(vice captain)
    Sangakkara(captain)
    Angelo Mathews
    Shakib-ul-Hasan
    Junaid Khan
    Malinga
    Saeed Ajmal
    Muhammad Irfan
    Last edited by Muhammad Anas Abbas; 23rd May 2013 at 05:38.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a test cricket is in English conditions
    Asia XI
    Jayawardane