Wisden Cricket Monthly

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 81
  1. #1
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    5,335
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    What's missing in the current squad. The picture says it all.



    The picture says it all. These are the players we are missing in the current squad. If we had these guys, our team would be so much stronger. The selectors and PCB in general are notorious for prematurely weakening the squad and I feel this Champions Trophy squad is another example of this regardless of how they perform. We could've had a much stronger squad!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    205
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afridi seriously?

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    3,973
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    none of Afridi Razzaq and Yusuf only Umar Akmal

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    21,197
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    only umar akmal is missing


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  5. #5
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    14,715
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    MoYo hasn't played a 50 over match at professional level for over 2 years - what exactly are you expecting him to do? If you're going down this route then why not select Inzi as well.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    14,154
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Afridi would have been useful against Ireland. Though not much use in the Champions Trophy.

    Razzaq's on the wane, hasn't good fitness and problems with the vice captain. Probably would have been a better option than Malik, but not sure he'd altogether be that good.

    Yousuf should have been recalled ages ago, now he actually might be over the hill. Wouldn't mind him back really.

    Umar Akmal never should have been dropped and should have been in the team.

    Fawad also though not in that picture, probably didn't deserve to be dropped from the side either.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    5,335
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Avicricket, You're acting as if we have the greatest players in the world and there is no place for him. He was the 2nd highest scorer in the last series we played I.e. the SA series. We need players who can win matches not ones that will struggle to set or chase a target over 240.

    He also has a lot of experience in English conditions and had his best performance there i.e. the 2009 T20 World Cup

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    5,335
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    Afridi would have been useful against Ireland. Though not much use in the Champions Trophy.

    Razzaq's on the wane, hasn't good fitness and problems with the vice captain. Probably would have been a better option than Malik, but not sure he'd altogether be that good.

    Yousuf should have been recalled ages ago, now he actually might be over the hill. Wouldn't mind him back really.

    Umar Akmal never should have been dropped and should have been in the team.

    Fawad also though not in that picture, probably didn't deserve to be dropped from the side either.

    Agree with your comment about Fawad Alam

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    3,713
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal.

  10. #10
    Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moyo?

    Is this 2007?

  11. #11
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    5,335
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imran_Sir View Post
    Moyo?

    Is this 2007?
    He's still younger than Misbah and hasn't retired. Have you seen him play lately? He says he is still fit and has been practicing. Class is permanent.
    Last edited by salman24; 26th May 2013 at 20:43.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    12,754
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Only Umar Akmal is missing, rest are not needed.


    'I fear the day when technology will surpass human interaction'
    - Albert Einstein

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    44,169
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Players who give the fans something to watch. Exciting cricketers who all can win matches on their own. They are fun to watch and cricket is about winning, but its also about entertaining the fans.

    Umar Akmal definitely should have been there. Bit of a joke that he's not there.

    Afridi would have been brilliant vs Ireland and useful for the CT. He's done well in England before and the last time he was in England with PAK(ICC event) - he won us a T20 world cup!

  14. #14
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    14,154
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salman24 View Post
    He's still younger than Misbah and hasn't retired. Have you seen him play lately? He says he is still fit and has been practicing. Class is permanent.
    We won't know that unless we see him play.

    When he was playing in England, I did not think he was bad at all when brought in. I did not think he looked bad.

    Was a mistake leaving him out the World Cup.

    The most important thing he could have provided was show youngsters how to play in Limited overs, and bat with them. Misbah makes his game worked, but it is hard to replicate it, you just can't do the same.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    5,335
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    We won't know that unless we see him play.

    When he was playing in England, I did not think he was bad at all when brought in. I did not think he looked bad.

    Was a mistake leaving him out the World Cup.

    The most important thing he could have provided was show youngsters how to play in Limited overs, and bat with them. Misbah makes his game worked, but it is hard to replicate it, you just can't do the same.
    My sentiments exactly!

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Blackhole
    Runs
    3,505
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Basically someone like Tauqeer Zia or Amir Sohail as the head

  17. #17
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    86,523
    Mentioned
    6585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    Players who give the fans something to watch. Exciting cricketers who all can win matches on their own. They are fun to watch and cricket is about winning, but its also about entertaining the fans.

    Umar Akmal definitely should have been there. Bit of a joke that he's not there.

    Afridi would have been brilliant vs Ireland and useful for the CT. He's done well in England before and the last time he was in England with PAK(ICC event) - he won us a T20 world cup!

    Sigh, still living in 2009.

    Afridi is in terrible bowling form and his once in a blue moon useful innings isn't needed.

    How does he merit a place in the team?

    And to be honest I don't get how Afridi is exciting and entertaining; is hitting a couple of sixes and the top edging one or getting bowled with a score of 12(5) entertainment for you?

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2007
    Runs
    1,507
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pic says 3 bits & pieces-tried & tested failures and 1 tired & tested batsman are missing from the current squad.

  19. #19
    Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    2,094
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The only people i think are missing from that pic are umar akmal and abdul razzaq

  20. #20
    Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    2,094
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    Pic says 3 bits & pieces-tried & tested failures and 1 tired & tested batsman are missing from the current squad.
    Moyo razzaq and umar akmal are not bits and pieces players razzaq is an allrounder and the other to are specialist batsmen

  21. #21
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    9,392
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am not missing any one that much but I am angry at the inclusion of below average players namely Umar Amin and Imran Farhat....we could have had better players than them in the squad..


    " Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

  22. #22
    Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    11,095
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    playing your batting around a 39 year old because he's had a couple of pretty good domestic tournaments is a flawed mentality


    "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

  23. #23
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    2,862
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afridi needs to come back.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    19,524
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    U.Akmal might be but Afridi seriously..............

  25. #25
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    5,335
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kianig89 View Post
    U.Akmal might be but Afridi seriously..............
    Which batsman scored more runs than him in the last ODI series we played ? Please name them. There was only one. You are acting like we have such a stellar batting line up. He was the 2nd highest scorer.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    1,036
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar is someone who I certainly would have in the squad
    Last edited by 161 KPH; 26th May 2013 at 22:18.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,606
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OP is stuck in time warp. Only Umar Akmal makes sense.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    1,036
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think that Afridi is far too unreliable, and I know the current lot aren't covering themselves in glory and i'm not happy about a few of the current selections but I do believe that we have to move on.
    Last edited by 161 KPH; 26th May 2013 at 22:24.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    19,678
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Threads like these represent the beauty of the average Pakistan fan.

    Afridi and Razzaq and the busted tantrum throwing Yousuf who retired and unretired once more this past week? Really!


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    12,754
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I agree with OP, everybody is missing from the squad, in the sense that all of them are nowhere near it.


    'I fear the day when technology will surpass human interaction'
    - Albert Einstein

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    1,036
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real question should be is world cricket really ready to see green lipstick again? :umarakmal

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    38,350
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not Jonathan Agnew's biggest fan, but his typically aloof and uninformed update on the Ireland-Pakistan match today ironically managed to be perfect in the context: 'I haven't caught their squad yet, but Pakistan are 5 down, Shoaib Malik unbeaten currently - he's back is he? - and Kamran Akmal as well! He's a survivor!'

    Pakistan surely selects tried and tested failures more than any other major Test nation, and this is why threads like this appear and why the team embarrassingly has games like this.
    Last edited by James; 26th May 2013 at 23:29.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    19,678
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'm not Jonathan Agnew's biggest fan, but his typically aloof and uninformed update on the Ireland-Pakistan match today ironically managed to be perfect in the context: 'I haven't caught their squad yet, but Pakistan are 5 down, Shoaib Malik unbeaten currently - he's back is he? - and Kamran Akmal as well! He's a survivor!'

    Pakistan surely selects tried and tested failures more than any other major Test nation, and this is why threads like this appear and why the team embarrassingly loses games like this.
    Yep, it's been in their cricketing culture for years and years. As a result, only a handful of players actually "retire". After all, it's never over till it's over is it?


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    5,335
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Yep, it's been in their cricketing culture for years and years. As a result, only a handful of players actually "retire". After all, it's never over till it's over is it?
    On the contrary it is the exact opposite. While other countries tespect and their players and utilize them fully, Pak wastes them before their time. If sachin was born in Pakistan, he would not be where he is. Are you seriously telling me that a player like Yousuf does not deserve to play 100 hundred tests over his career. He started in 1998 but didn't get a chance to do so. There have been countless examples of wasted talents and players being unfairly discarded before their time just like the 4 players in the picture. There have been numerous examples throughout Pak's history and if you disagree, you don't watch Pakistan cricket closely enough or at all.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    3,202
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is the problem with Pakistan cricket, and this is what I was saying when the squad for the CT was selected, they picked people like Farhat, Shafi, Amin and Malik over players like Haris, Shehzad, Umer Akmal, now when the team doesn't do well in CT they'll bring back the Afridi's, Younus', Razzaq's and every other non performer, then when they fail again they'll go back to Farhat's and Malik's.

    what's wrong with te thinking, good that Pak have won against IRE but even if they don't do well in CT, please do not ask for Afridi's and Younus' to be back, rather look for promising youngsters like Umer Akmal, Haris Sohail, Shehzad and other such youngsters who deserve a chance.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    19,678
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_ahm View Post
    what's wrong with te thinking, good that Pak have won against IRE but even if they don't do well in CT, please do not ask for Afridi's and Younus' to be back, rather look for promising youngsters like Umer Akmal, Haris Sohail, Shehzad and other such youngsters who deserve a chance.
    Unfortunately, Pakistan fans don't think that way. Their windshield is basically just one giant rear-view mirror directed ten years into the past.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    14,002
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    These are the same players we've played for the last few years without hesitation and have achieved zilch.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  38. #38
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    12,754
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I ask a similar question- what is missing in the OP's head?
    answer- Brain


    'I fear the day when technology will surpass human interaction'
    - Albert Einstein

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Sidanay
    Runs
    21,799
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inexplicable to drop Afridi before a tournament such as this. This is his stage.


    He is fundamentally aware of his aura within the team. His exhilaration infects them.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    94
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are also missing wasim Akram, Imran khan and inzamam lolz


  41. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    5,335
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HamzaSaeen View Post
    I ask a similar question- what is missing in the OP's head?
    answer- Brain
    Insulting me just shows your lack of brain cells my friend. You have no logical argument or the ability to piece together a coherent post so you resort to insults instead of adding something to the discussion.
    Last edited by salman24; 26th May 2013 at 23:48.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    5,335
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R_K View Post
    We are also missing wasim Akram, Imran khan and inzamam lolz
    Lolz you're so funny. It's not like they are retired or too old lolz

  43. #43
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    12,754
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salman24 View Post
    Insulting me just shows your lack of brain cells my friend. You have no logical argument or the ability to piece together a coherent post so you resort to insults instead of adding something to the discussion.
    Okay. Afridi, Razzaq and Yousuf are past sell by date. U.Akmal is only one who deserves to be there. Happy? Last post was just a troll.


    'I fear the day when technology will surpass human interaction'
    - Albert Einstein

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    94
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salman24 View Post
    Lolz you're so funny. It's not like they are retired or too old lolz
    Thanks bro, but I think your way funnier lol as demonstrated by this thread, can I vote this as the thread of the year for its comedic value

  45. #45
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    Ontario,Canada- Malak mala ,Chhachh ,Attock ,pakistan
    Runs
    9,839
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    razzaq instead of wahab and umar instead of malik


    For Breaking news on International and domestic sports follow @pakpassion on twitter

  46. #46
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,843
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Nope not missing any of them.
    Wahab did better than Afridi today. In the sense that his bowling was crap and batting was solid. With Afridi you get solid all round crap these days.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    14,652
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Afridis been completely useless for the last year and more, razzaq was same in his last dozen odis, yousuf hasnt played any form of cricket for the last year - only u akmal was harshly dumped and should be playing

    Read me signature please


    If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

  48. #48
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    3,202
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Unfortunately, Pakistan fans don't think that way. Their windshield is basically just one giant rear-view mirror directed ten years into the past.
    absolutely Varun, some of the fans are just blinded by their love for Afridi and a few others, I think what matters to most of them is that their favorite players play, irrespective of weather they are good or bad for the team, secondly Pakistani management seems to have no vision, they just do not have an eye for the future.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    5,335
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R_K View Post
    Thanks bro, but I think your way funnier lol as demonstrated by this thread, can I vote this as the thread of the year for its comedic value
    Lolz sure bro you're so smart bro lolz

  50. #50
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    2,866
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear, one is semi retired, 2 of them don't have a brain and the other is in cricket wilderness.

    No we do not need any of them.

  51. #51
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    global citizen
    Runs
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please i hope they come back for india's sake

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    14,652
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
    please i hope they come back for india's sake
    For india this legends of cricket is enough


    If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

  53. #53
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    global citizen
    Runs
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    For india this legends of cricket is enough
    disagrees

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    rochdale
    Runs
    12,355
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would love to see MOYO bat again for Pakistan!


    Nasir Jamshed- best ODI and T20 batsman

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    4,585
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our squad would beeen one of the best if these 4 had played and what a 11 we would had. very sad and unfortunate . imagine this 11 for CT

    Nasir
    Hafeez
    Yousuf
    Umer/asad (if any one in the middle order fails. asad comes in)
    Misbah
    Razzak
    Kami / Would prefer ajmal and let umer be the wk....
    Afridi
    Juni
    Asad
    Irfan


    PPCL '13
    Right Arm FAST bowler of the Dhamakedar Dynamites

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    14,652
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryankhan View Post
    Our squad would beeen one of the best if these 4 had played and what a 11 we would had. very sad and unfortunate . imagine this 11 for CT

    Nasir
    Hafeez
    YousufUmer/asad (if any one in the middle order fails. asad comes in)
    Misbah
    RazzakKami / Would prefer ajmal and let umer be the wk....
    AfridiJuni
    Asad
    Irfan
    Do you actually watch any cricket? Its like saying our team would be on of the best if inzy, wasim, anwar and saqi were in the team

    These guys apart from u akmal are way past their best, yes on paper theyd strengthen the team but unfortunately their fitness, skills and ability are not anywhere near what they use to be


    If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

  57. #57
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    5,335
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryankhan View Post
    Our squad would beeen one of the best if these 4 had played and what a 11 we would had. very sad and unfortunate . imagine this 11 for CT

    Nasir
    Hafeez
    Yousuf
    Umer/asad (if any one in the middle order fails. asad comes in)
    Misbah
    Razzak
    Kami / Would prefer ajmal and let umer be the wk....
    Afridi
    Juni
    Asad
    Irfan
    This line up looks so much better. The other alternative I would try is by trying to squeeze Malik in there somehow. Otherwise this squad is a massive impeovement and definitely would be a contender for the title.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    12,241
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    call PCB incompetent, but still pak made into last 4 in every ICC events (6 occasions). So nope, PCB is doing some magical strategy which are above average ppers brain....

  59. #59
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    86,523
    Mentioned
    6585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)

    What's missing in the current squad. The picture says it all.

    Quote Originally Posted by alberto View Post
    I would love to see MOYO bat again for Pakistan!
    YouTube will be unblocked soon else you can use a proxy.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    5,335
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    call PCB incompetent, but still pak made into last 4 in every ICC events (6 occasions). So nope, PCB is doing some magical strategy which are above average ppers brain....
    How many of those did they win? Some ppers have higher expectations. They believe they could actually win with the proper changes. You can continue being satisfied with being a semi finalist. You should be a New Zealand fan, you'd be so proud of their World Cup achievements

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    18,585
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    Afridi needs to come back.
    Lol, you have still not played a proper series since he was dropped


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  62. #62
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    5,335
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bump

  63. #63
    Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    11,095
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    who would pick them ahead of is the real dilemma obviously


    "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

  64. #64
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    12,754
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Only Umar Akmal is missing- one player has been mediocre since 16 years (don't know how he got that many blind *******), and the other two are past sell-by date.


    'I fear the day when technology will surpass human interaction'
    - Albert Einstein

  65. #65
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,570
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan's very own Amla (Yousuf) is missing. I am still not able to understand why he was dropped when he was in best of his form.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    966
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While we're on it,lets call back Inzi too..he isnt any fatter than what he used to be and as you know class is permanent.

    And Wasim as his diabetes is reportedly well controlled..Akhtar too as even in his current fitness level,he'll be faster than any of the current lot..Moin khan too as no matter how long he may have been out of touch now,still wont drop as many as Akmal and bat much better too..

    and Sohail and Saeed..i doubt that they could do any worse than Farhat and Hafeez


    ''Asif is the scariest bowler I've faced. I deemed him unplayable.'' KP

  67. #67
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    12,754
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunge101 View Post
    While we're on it,lets call back Inzi too..he isnt any fatter than what he used to be and as you know class is permanent.

    And Wasim as his diabetes is reportedly well controlled..Akhtar too as even in his current fitness level,he'll be faster than any of the current lot..Moin khan too as no matter how long he may have been out of touch now,still wont drop as many as Akmal and bat much better too..

    and Sohail and Saeed..i doubt that they could do any worse than Farhat and Hafeez
    What about Imran Khan and Javed Miandad?


    'I fear the day when technology will surpass human interaction'
    - Albert Einstein

  68. #68
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    58,791
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found another picture of players missing from the squad


  69. #69
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    5,335
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    who would pick them ahead of is the real dilemma obviously
    Abdul Razzaq for Wahab Riaz
    Umar Akmal instead of Umar Amin
    Yousuf instead of Imran Farhat
    Afridi instead of Malik

    I would keep Malik if Yousuf coming back is not a possibility.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jun 2012
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    11,422
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post Champions Trophy Playing XI: Nasir Jamshed, Mohammad Hafeez, Younis Khan, Umar Akmal, Misbah-ul-Haq, Kamran Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Irfan.

    4 Reserves: Asad Shafiq, Ahmed Shahzad, Abdur Rehman, Wahab Riaz.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    2,615
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    What's missing in the current squad. The picture says it all.

    Afridi would have at least tried to score unlike the rest of the batsmen. I said before the tournament. This pak team has no spark and match winner. The result is in front of us. Even when misbah was batting, i couldn't see that hope that he could win a match for pakistan. Same goes for the bowlers, even though they bowled well. Yet no one looked as if they could change the course of the match and win it for pakistan ( match against westendies)!

  72. #72
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    8,289
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeingFaridKhan View Post
    Post Champions Trophy Playing XI: Nasir Jamshed, Mohammad Hafeez, Younis Khan, Umar Akmal, Misbah-ul-Haq, Kamran Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Irfan.

    4 Reserves: Asad Shafiq, Ahmed Shahzad, Abdur Rehman, Wahab Riaz.
    Farid bhai, Your XI is good except for Younis Khan, I'd rather have Azhar Ali there instead of him.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,570
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's missing ?? Obviously the smile and enthusiasm. Looking at the picture, it seems there either lost the match or were about to lose. Though they all belong to one team, it seems they are sitting next to some stranger.
    Last edited by GrandMaster; 11th June 2013 at 08:05.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ppl who r laughing should be realistic. This lot wud have been 100 times better than asad amin malik farhat. I wud have them any day over the cowards and useless cricketers in team now

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    3,618
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran_uk View Post
    ppl who r laughing should be realistic. This lot wud have been 100 times better than asad amin malik farhat. I wud have them any day over the cowards and useless cricketers in team now
    They are youngsters and should be persisted with, with youngsters there is always a room for improvement.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    5,335
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran_uk View Post
    ppl who r laughing should be realistic. This lot wud have been 100 times better than asad amin malik farhat. I wud have them any day over the cowards and useless cricketers in team now
    Exactly. Until you don't find replacements, you should use the resources you have. This is something we never do. If tendulkar was a Pakistani , he never would have gotten to where he is now. We just treat our players very badly.

    As for Umar Akmal, he is very young and one of the only youngsters with the potential to be a world beater, dropping him was a crime.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,570
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To be honest, someone like MoYo is very much required in the middle order for Pakistan. He is technically very strong and have the ability to score big at a decent pace.

    Though Pakistanis always talk about Miandad and his ability, the averages and performance of MoYo is quite identical to Miandad.

    MoYo for Batting coach ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  78. #78
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,708
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yet we complain about Iqbal Qasim's squad selection.

    Instead of these tried and tested failures, except umar akmal, why not give some youngsters a good chance. Harris sohail, shoaib maqsood, ahmad shahzad.

    Pakistani awam have such a short memory, whether it's in cricket or in politics. Once those players in the picture fail, you would want shoaib malik, and kamran back again... Never ending cycle.


    Imran Khan - Real king khan to lead Pakistan to glory

  79. #79
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,708
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMaster View Post
    To be honest, someone like MoYo is very much required in the middle order for Pakistan. He is technically very strong and have the ability to score big at a decent pace.

    Though Pakistanis always talk about Miandad and his ability, the averages and performance of MoYo is quite identical to Miandad.

    MoYo for Batting coach ?
    Dude, you need to check the dates some times. Bringing up a stats from like 5-10 years ago does not justify a player's selection. Get a grip.


    Imran Khan - Real king khan to lead Pakistan to glory

  80. #80
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,570
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You need to get the fact right mate. That's their career stats, I haven't filtered it on the basis of date or any other criteria. I am not asking MoYo to be included in the playing 11 but he can be used as a batting consultant.


    Quote Originally Posted by khanz141 View Post
    Dude, you need to check the dates some times. Bringing up a stats from like 5-10 years ago does not justify a player's selection. Get a grip.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •