Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abid Z View Post
    Yes because we’ve never seen a Pakistani collapse before. Whether it’s your new young talent or old world class players, put us on a pitch that does something and doesn’t matter who the bowler is we are gonna collapse.

Just look at Hamilton v nz 2001, vs aus 2003 in Sharjah vs Ireland in 2007. Again and again we collapse because our youngsters just aren’t brought up with the correct technique and temperament and can’t stick around long enough to make ugly runs. And our seniors lack bottle but we can not discard the whole team otherwise we would be like Bangladesh of 10-20 years ago.

All these fakhar Zaman’s harris sohails sharjeel Khan’s as pure batsmen are very weak in bouncy conditions So might as well have somebody who can contribute a little with the ball when cleared.

But I would maintain there’s only room for one of Shohaib or hafeez and I would pick hafeez.
    Maths holds up well.
    We have lost badly a few times with world class players in tough conditions = we have lost badly every time with mediocre players in tough condtions

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Maths holds up well.
    We have lost badly a few times with world class players in tough conditions = we have lost badly every time with mediocre players in tough condtions
    Maths is fine as is history and memory. India odi series was tough conditions and hafeez did ok. Was worlds top ranked all rounder for a while. So your little play on words doesn’t work at all.

Look I’m not trying to suggest that he’s the messiah. Just want you and others to accept that change of odd personnel here and there is not gonna fix anything. The whole batting line up is rubbish and hafeez is definitely not the worst in the eleven.

Nor do I think

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    What's the point of including a player for his bowling when he's banned from BOWLING.

Enough of his mediocre player, there's Agha Salman and Iftikhar Ahmed, both are off spinners.
    Hafeez will bowl soon.

I honestly don’t know these others as I can’t follow domestic tournaments live in Uk but if PP hype machine is anything to go by then must exercise extreme caution.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Maths is fine as is history and memory. India odi series was tough conditions and hafeez did ok. Was worlds top ranked all rounder for a while. So your little play on words doesn’t work at all.

Look I’m not trying to suggest that he’s the messiah. Just want you and others to accept that change of odd personnel here and there is not gonna fix anything. The whole batting line up is rubbish and hafeez is definitely not the worst in the eleven.

Nor do I think
    It will fix everything. All rounder ratings are a joke in the modern era. But sure you hang your hat on cherry picking in a career defined mediocrity

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nor do I think
    He offers nothing with the bat, ball or in the field.

He's on par with Azhar for being the worst, at least Malik right now can bowl and field at a decent level despite struggling with the bat.
    Last edited by RagingJ; 13th January 2018 at 23:06.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingJ View Post
    He offers nothing with the bat, ball or in the field.

He's on par with Azhar for being the worst, at least Malik right now can bowl and field at a decent level despite struggling with the bat.
    He can take catches

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    He can take catches

Ah, he's finally successful with that catching technique!

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    Mentioned
    981 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    5 years ago I made this thread. Hafeez lives on. What nostalgia

Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy is the epitome of mediocrity. As an all rounder, he merits a place in the team but solely as a batsmen he's rubbish and its beyond me why he keeps getting selected.

Feel like we are playing with 10 people when I see him in the lineup.

PAKISTAN

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    He can take catches

Maybe you forget his misfeild in World T20 2007 final, dropped the catch and ball went over the rope for a six due to his misfeild. Interesting incident and we blame Misbah for last shot

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A-1 View Post
    This guy is the epitome of mediocrity. As an all rounder, he merits a place in the team but solely as a batsmen he's rubbish and its beyond me why he keeps getting selected.

Feel like we are playing with 10 people when I see him in the lineup.
    To get a sense of the mediocrity, he has to chuck the ball to be a remotely effective all rounder

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Maybe you forget his misfeild in World T20 2007 final, dropped the catch and ball went over the rope for a six due to his misfeild. Interesting incident and we blame Misbah for last shot
    He dropped Jadeja who went on to score almost match winning 50
    Name:  180513.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  111.3 KB

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    He dropped Jadeja who went on to score almost match winning 50
    Name:  180513.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  111.3 KB
    Match?

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    To get a sense of the mediocrity, he has to chuck the ball to be a remotely effective all rounder
    Mohammad "I am blessed to be very good in all three formats of the game" Hafeez

Name:  hafeez meeme.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  274.2 KB

PAKISTAN

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Match?
    asia cup 2014

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both jokers scoring great centuries today

Why people still support Malik and Hafeez?
    Because once in a while hafeez does ok. Not a century but good enough. He’s never gonna turn a match around but right now not the worst person in the team. He will be bowling soon or another off spinner will turn up.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4785 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Because once in a while hafeez does ok. Not a century but good enough. He’s never gonna turn a match around but right now not the worst person in the team. He will be bowling soon or another off spinner will turn up.
    He will bowl soon but he will also be banned again. He scores just about enough runs to avoid getting dropped, but he fails in about 70% of his innings. That is not good enough for a senior batsman with so much experience.

It is time for Mickey to make a tough call here. The team is going nowhere with his soft runs.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He will bowl soon but he will also be banned again. He scores just about enough runs to avoid getting dropped, but he fails in about 70% of his innings. That is not good enough for a senior batsman with so much experience.

It is time for Mickey to make a tough call here. The team is going nowhere with his soft runs.
    Agree with this except that he should not be the first to be dropped. I know the batting is hopeless (I.e) without hope, but the bowling should be the easier of the bowling so to fix. A couple of personnel changes and it will be a good all weather bowling unit with good bench strength.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is back opening the batting, and 'delivering'

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hafeez will be around in another 10 years showing how blessed and "talented" he is in all facets of the game!

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately Micky does not have power to kick Hafeez out. He will loose his job. Our captain is a yes man of PCB so he is no good for Micky as support.