Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    After being thrashed around in the IPL on the least spin friendly home ground he had a mental break down. His captain DInesh Karthik rested him promptly. It took a while for him to find the rhyhtm. Finally found today.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    If he hadn’t done so already, Kuldeep Yadav announced himself upon the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup with a delivery he described as perfect.

The 24-year-old literally turned the tie against Pakistan in favour of India when he removed Babar Azam in one of the moments of the tournament so far.

In front of a packed and tense Old Trafford crowd, Kuldeep enticed Babar forward before the ball dipped late, turned between bat and pad from off to leg and crashed into the stumps.

His Sunday best ended a threatening stand of 104 between Babar and Fakhar Zaman, and with Fakhar top-edging Kuldeep in his next over, India were on course for a win under the DLS method.

Along with New Zealand, they remain unbeaten and will look to stretch that run to five games when they face Afghanistan at the Hampshire Bowl on Saturday.

Kuldeep revealed that he was so pleased with the Babar ball that he watched it during the rain break that temporarily halted the latest victory charge.

“It drifted and turned so any spinner would love that delivery,” he said. “It was a proper delivery, a Test delivery, deceiving the batsman in the air and forcing him to make a mistake – a perfect delivery.

“I think it was one of the best balls of the tournament for me. Babar Azam, he is a good player of spin and from a team point of view a really good wicket. They were striking the ball very well and rotating the strike. After Fakar got out too, it put them under pressure.”

Kuldeep is one of the most eye-catching bowlers in the tournament with relatively few left-arm wrist-spinners operating at the highest level.

No doubt the surprise factor has contributed to a wonderful record of 90 wickets from 47 games at a beguiling average of 22.50 apiece.

But the killer stat is his strike rate of a wicket every 27.40 balls, the best of any India bowler in their 45 years of ODI cricket to have sent down a minimum of 1,000 deliveries.

Of those in the current World Cup, only Mitchell Starc (Australia) and Rashid Khan (Afghanistan) boast lower strike rates, a reflection of Kuldeep’s aggressive approach to slow bowling.

He said: “I bowled really well in the first game [versus South Africa], against Australia as well, and they were struggling to hit me.

“That is important for all spinners, when you have the rhythm. Against Pakistan too with the rotation of the ball and deceiving the batsman in the air, that is the most important thing for any spinner. That is my strength and I really love it.”

Previous experience in England includes a five-wicket haul against the host nation in a T20I last July – which also happened to be at Old Trafford.

“I knew the conditions were favourable for the spinners,” Kuldeep said. “I was getting a little bit of turn even in the first over. I only look for that when I get such a pitch, I really try to spin the ball.”

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    No doubt the surprise factor has contributed to a wonderful record of 90 wickets from 47 games at a beguiling average of 22.50 apiece.

But the killer stat is his strike rate of a wicket every 27.40 balls, the best of any India bowler in their 45 years of ODI cricket to have sent down a minimum of 1,000 deliveries.
    Never thought I'd see the day when there would be an Indian bowler with those stats. I've become too used to seeing Indian bowlers averaging in the 30s.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Kuldeep's biggest challenge is yet to come.

But since he is proper wrist spinner and not a mystery one, i believe he will master that challenge.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    No.

Don't need the hyperbole yet.

I've seen Warne bowl live and most of the times you were trying to survive his 10 over spell no matter what the pitch.

I don't think Kuldeep is at that level yet.
    By who? Most probably non-Indian batsmen as his bowling average against India in ODIs is a mediocre 56.26! Forget about top order batsmen, I have even seen the likes of Robin Singh blasting him out of the park. I don’t think even Indian tail-enders were ever scared of him.
    I believe Kuldeep can achieve more than Warney in both ODIs and Tests because of the poor spin-playing skills of current batsmen. Even Indians are longer the great players of spin and succumb to the likes of Moeen Ali. If Kuldeep can maintain his accuracy and flight, he is gonna be a beast of a bowler.
    Last edited by Dingolfy; 17th June 2019 at 22:48.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    By who? Most probably non-Indian batsmen as his bowling average against India in ODIs is a mediocre 56.26! Forget about top order batsmen, I have even seen the likes of Robin Singh blasting him out of the park. I don’t think even Indian tail-enders were ever scared of him.
    I believe Kuldeep can achieve more than Warney in both ODIs and Tests because of the poor spin-playing skills of current batsmen. Even Indians are longer the great players of spin and succumb to the likes of Moeen Ali. If Kuldeep can maintain his accuracy and flight, he is gonna be a beast of a bowler.
    The world doesnt start and stop with India.

The same time you were dripping with exultation while taking out stat sheets of Warne vs India, he was winning them World Cups and Test Matches.

He is one of WISDEN's five greatest cricketers of the century.

Who is Kuldeep?

A nobody.

Even Saqlain is better than Kuldeep at the moment

So just shove it.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same time you were dripping with exultation while taking out stat sheets of Warne vs India, he was winning them World Cups and Test Matches.

Who is Kuldeep?

A nobody.

So just shove it.
    I can understand your pain after yesterday’s mauling but why getting wound-up over a non-Pakistani player who has never been that kind to Pakistanis or any Desis in his entire career ?
    And we are discussing cricket here not beauty pageants so I have to bring out the stats to give some objectivity. Otherwise I can say Sreeshant is better than Shoaib Akthar as he ‘won’ two worldcups.
    Shane Warne was a beast against other teams but when it came to India, he was a bottler. How else will you explain his Desbashish Mohanti like average at a poor economy of 5.19 against 90’s Indian batsmen who were one of the worst in our history barring Tendulkar.
    And its good that you mentioned Saqlain. I rate him better than Warney because he absolutely came to the party against Indians with a sub-25 average and a measly economy of 4.52. Also didn't bottle like Warney in the 1999 Chennai Test when things mattered the most. Also didnt to PED and then blamed it on his poor mother.

In any sports, your mettle is proved when you do it against the best. And thats exactly what Saqlain did with much poor fielders and support bowlers than Warney. Even Murali and Mushtaq Ahmed did the same.
    So I would be happy if Kuldeep could emulate them rather than the bottler Warney.
    Last edited by Dingolfy; 18th June 2019 at 00:32.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    I can understand your pain after yesterday’s mauling but why getting wound-up over a non-Pakistani player who has never been that kind to Pakistanis or any Desis in his entire career ?
    And we are discussing cricket here not beauty pageants so I have to bring out the stats to give some objectivity. Otherwise I can say Sreeshant is better than Shoaib Akthar as he ‘won’ two worldcups.
    Shane Warne was a beast against other teams but when it came to India, he was a bottler. How else will you explain his Desbashish Mohanti like average at a poor economy of 5.19 against 90’s Indian batsmen who were one of the worst in our history barring Tendulkar.
    And its good that you mentioned Saqlain. I rate him better than Warney because he absolutely came to the party against Indians with a sub-25 average and a measly economy of 4.52. Also didn't bottle like Warney in the 1999 Chennai Test when things mattered the most. Also didnt to PED and then blamed it on his poor mother.

In any sports, your mettle is proved when you do it against the best. And thats exactly what Saqlain did with much poor fielders and support bowlers than Warney. Even Murali and Mushtaq Ahmed did the same.
    So I would be happy if Kuldeep could emulate them rather than the bottler Warney.
    First of all, Pakistan losing to India is not relevant to discussing Warne.

EVERY great batsmen or bowler can have one team where they struggle more than others.

Ponting struggled in India. Does that make him no ATG?
    Dravid averages useless in South Africa. Does that mean he is worthless?

Shane Warne was a legend in Tests and Wisden's 5 cricketers of the century.

Your personal opinion can be of even Sreesanth > Wasim and it means ********.

It is an established fact that Shane Warne is an ATG of the game and cricketer of the century. You NOT rating him and RATING Kuldeep as better is WORTHLESS.

Enjoy your stupidity.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EVERY great batsmen or bowler can have one team where they struggle more than others.

It is an established fact that Shane Warne is an ATG of the game and cricketer of the century. You NOT rating him and RATING Kuldeep as better is WORTHLESS.

Enjoy your stupidity.
    Kuldeep is a very humble, soft chap. He would never cliam that.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Kuldeep is a very humble, soft chap. He would never cliam that.
    Kuldeep is a Warne fan. He even copied his shirt no.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoy your stupidity.
    The only stupid person here is You who gets riled up with no reason other than ydays brutal loss.
    Where did I say Kuldeep is better than Warney? All I said he should be emulating your own Saqlain who was a brilliant bowler against the best players of spin.
    And al the examples you gave above was in a particular place, not against a particular team. Ponting only failed in India but he smoked India everywhere else. Same with Dravid. His averages against South Africa is better in India.
    But Warney failed against India everywhere. That is exactly the problem. He couldn't tame them either at his home, or in India or anywhere else. That is NOT the sign of a champion player.
    Last edited by Dingolfy; 18th June 2019 at 08:33.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoy your stupidity.
    And I compared Sreeshant against Akthar not Wasim. Looks like the loss has even affected your eyesight. 😂😂😂😂

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhIF9DHB4qg

He is learning from the masters. He is a big fan of Warne. I didn't realize he started a pace bowler. THen shane warne inspired him to become a spinner.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Warnie!

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dravidthewall View Post
    Looking at yesterday's match ,the way he bowled pakistan best batsman babr azam ,reminds me of shane warne bowled Gibbs 1999 worldcup semifinal..Can he be next shane warne
    Sorry, but you are sounding like an fan.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Love the humility of Kumble. A great match winner for India, a great bowler by any standard but always has (rightly) rated Warne as the greatest.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One question, i see SHadab Khan's height listed as 5'10" Is he that tall? Kuldeep, Chahal 5' 6".

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Who is Kuldeep?

A nobody.

So just shove it.
    Doctor, gotta say are coming across a bit triggered. Unfortunately Pakistan isn’t really going to do better till they fix the way things are done, in politics, in sports, in all spheres of public endeavors.

It is true that Warne was a great cricketer but it is also true that he did poorly against India. Also true that you are one of the best posters in this forum IMHO

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Doctor, gotta say are coming across a bit triggered. Unfortunately Pakistan isn’t really going to do better till they fix the way things are done, in politics, in sports, in all spheres of public endeavors.

It is true that Warne was a great cricketer but it is also true that he did poorly against India. Also true that you are one of the best posters in this forum IMHO
    I come across as triggered when someone is saying Kuldeep can be better than Warne?

Thats like saying Bumrah can be better than McGrath etc etc.

Anyhow.

Thanks for the compliment though.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kulcha’s form is crucial for India. They have the potential to gift the World Cup to India if they both delivered

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dismissal of Babar is compared to shane warne ball of the century mike gatting. Both were delivered on same ground.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
    Dismissal of Babar is compared to shane warne ball of the century mike gatting. Both were delivered on same ground.
    Not really in the same league for drift/spin (or some of his '99 balls in WC) but a great delivery.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    90 ODI wkts in 45 Innings/47 Matches

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He’s had a disappointing World Cup. One decent match vs Pakistan but that was it really. He’s still young enough to play another 2-3 WCs so should hopefully use this as a learning experience and come back stronger in the future.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    High quality player who will come through this tough patch.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I come across as triggered when someone is saying Kuldeep can be better than Warne?

Thats like saying Bumrah can be better than McGrath etc etc.

Anyhow.

Thanks for the compliment though.
    Doctors always have the last laugh.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Doctors always have the last laugh.
    Kuldeep is still only 23.😎. And even Shane Warne got massacred many times in his career.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kuldeep is still class, he's just out of form. Happens to even the best of them.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kuldeep was doing well until Pakistan game. He lost the momentum after that game for some reason.

LIONEL MESSI FAN
    Find PakPassion on Twitter: @PakPassion

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    Kuldeep was doing well until Pakistan game. He lost the momentum after that game for some reason.
    He lost form (he was out of form even in IPL).

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Leg spinners will go for runs! That's not new! Vinod Kambli once took on Shane Warne in Sharjah and won the game! Leg spin is an attacking option, you need that to pick wickets even in ODIs (especially in the middle overs). But you can't overdo that always. That's why I always said don't keep Kuldeep/Chahal combination as default for all the matches & all the opponents, use them as surprise weapon and keep rotating them (They are not alrounders to play them in every match!) As they grow older they will get better control & will learn to adjust according to situations (bowl defensively when batsmen are on top!) Just give them time (never drop them! Always have them in the squad and utilize them smartly!)

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    With R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja In Test Squad, Kuldeep Yadav Looks To Make Most Of Chances

Kuldeep Yadav reckons that with R Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja in the squad, he has to make most of the opportunities in Test cricket.

Kuldeep Yadav played his last Test match against Australia in Sydney in January where he picked up five wickets. However, the match ended in a draw as India won the four-match Test series 2-1. Kuldeep Yadav did not feature in India's next Test series against the West Indies where they registered a whitewash in a two-match series. India had three specialists spinners in the squad but only Ravindra Jadeja was picked in the playing XI for both Test matches in the West Indies. Speaking on his exclusion from red-ball cricket, Kuldeep said that when the team has three spinners, it's challenging to pick the right combination.

"When three spinners like Ashwin, Jaddu and I are in the squad, it's challenging to pick the right combination. You need to be ready to grab your chance. Of course, there is pressure because you only get a few chances, and you have to make full use of them," Kuldeep was quoted as saying by PTI.

Not only Test cricket but Kuldeep was dropped from India's T20I squads for the West Indies tour and home series against South Africa but that hasn't dented his confidence.

"So far, I have done a good job in limited-overs format. I feel very comfortable with the white ball," Kuldeep said.

"I am not worried about not being picked for the last two T20I series. Maybe the selectors felt I needed a break. Maybe the team thinks some changes are required. I respect that, and I have no complaints. I see this as an opportunity to do well in Tests," Kuldeep added.

Kuldeep was part of the India A side for the second unofficial Test against South Africa A, which ended in a draw in Mysore on Friday. The wrist spinner had a decent outing in the game, picking up four for 121 in 29 overs in the only innings India bowled in the match.

In 68 T20 matches since that 2016 T20 World Cup, Kuldeep has taken 81 wickets at an average of 22.97 (ninth-best in the world, second among Indians), and an economy rate of 7.60 (fifth among Indians). And, he feels wrist spinners are in demand currently.

"There is no doubt that wrist spinners are dominating the world," Kuldeep said.

"But sometimes, when you try to stop runs, you actually turn out to be expensive. We need to work on our accuracy. You need to accept that you do get hit for runs and work on being economical."

Kuldeep, however, feels it is very difficult to adjust to red-ball cricket after consistently featuring in the limited-overs formats.

"It's hard to play red-ball cricket when you aren't consistently playing that format," he said.

"If you aren't a regular in this format, it takes time to get into your rhythm. When you are consistently playing limited overs and suddenly switch to Tests without much preparation, it will be tough to excel.

"You need to bowl long spells, play practice games, to understand field placements and to know how to pick wickets. It was important for me to come here (in the India A game) and bowl as many overs as possible. There is still plenty of work to do," Kuldeep concluded

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/kuld...ricket-2104582