Instagram

An evening with Shahid Afridi and Younis Khan

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 81 to 160 of 194
  1. #81
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Garhwal Kingdom
    Runs
    10,600
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Wow.. Cricket has such amazing history and stories behind the terms we use today. Whatta sport

  2. #82
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    4,502
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Electron View Post
    Wow.. Cricket has such amazing history and stories behind the terms we use today. Whatta sport
    Nowadays 5 game ban for racism......

  3. #83
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    43,811
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Malik showed him what time it is.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    39,296
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    Malik showed him what time it is.
    Like jedeja showed waqar and hussey showed ajmal.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    1,264
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    He is good learner it seems, allways sits next to Akram.

    He was taken to the cleaners by Malik, so batsmen will work him out the more they play against him, but a great talent nevertheless.
    He shouldn't be used as a death bowler. That was the main mistake.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    43,811
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Was just kidding.

    This kid is a special special bowler and I wish him well in his cricket career.

    He should not be used at the death. Should be used as an attacking option in the middle order.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    12,953
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jibranansari View Post
    btw why this kind of bowling called chinaman?
    delete
    Last edited by Thivagar; 4th October 2014 at 19:23.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    12,953
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He should have bowled big leg breaks on middle and offstumps during the death along with a flipper or 2 keep the batsmen back in crease. His bowling is a bit slow, 70km, it is not bad but need more strength in his legs to increase his speed a bit more. He just lost tons of weight so can't ask for too much.

  9. #89
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Narine andAjmal gone for good.

    Kuldeep can quickly claim the spot for the top spinner in the world.

  10. #90
    Debut
    May 2014
    Runs
    3,922
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan2014 View Post
    With Narine andAjmal gone for good.

    Kuldeep can quickly claim the spot for the top spinner in the world.
    Lol. Herath says hi.

  11. #91
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    4,502
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan2014 View Post
    With Narine andAjmal gone for good.

    Kuldeep can quickly claim the spot for the top spinner in the world.
    I'm a KKR fan and I really like the kid. I also love T20's more than anyone on this forum.

    That said; this guy has played literally 6 matches and been pounded in a couple of those. It's literally ludicrous to be saying he can now be top spinner of the world based on that. For all I know he might become that, but really this sort of hyperbole helps nobody whatsoever.

    Also, please note the double-standards earlier in the thread it was "Keep him away fromT20 cricket" and now it is "Congratulations for being selected for India and he can be world's best player (after 4 good games at T20)". All this points out is that every single player should be allowed to play T20 with top players to see whether they have the skill or not, because the way world cricket calendars are structured this is literally the only way talented domestic players can play against so-called better international ones and not have their performances dismissed for being against 'weak domestic sides' and have people speculate about how it won't work against 'international class players'.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    17,580
    Mentioned
    811 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He is being overhyped. He is good but too many talented spinners have gone awry and this guy hasn't even played a game yet. He is young. Folks should be reasonable.


    2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

  13. #93
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    11,695
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    T20 is not the best format for his development: play him in domestic 4 day cricket and look to develop his longer game.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketAnalyst View Post
    I'm a KKR fan and I really like the kid. I also love T20's more than anyone on this forum.

    That said; this guy has played literally 6 matches and been pounded in a couple of those. It's literally ludicrous to be saying he can now be top spinner of the world based on that. For all I know he might become that, but really this sort of hyperbole helps nobody whatsoever.

    Also, please note the double-standards earlier in the thread it was "Keep him away fromT20 cricket" and now it is "Congratulations for being selected for India and he can be world's best player (after 4 good games at T20)". All this points out is that every single player should be allowed to play T20 with top players to see whether they have the skill or not, because the way world cricket calendars are structured this is literally the only way talented domestic players can play against so-called better international ones and not have their performances dismissed for being against 'weak domestic sides' and have people speculate about how it won't work against 'international class players'.
    Maybe it is too early but even Sachin was picked when he was just 16. Kuldeep looks to be special and mark my words, by the end of this year people will rate him as the best spinner in the world. With Ajmal banned for cheating, there is not much competition , is there?

  15. #95
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Lol. Herath says hi.
    Hearth is not being that good in ODI/T20 and does not even get selected for IPL , so he cannot be considered the best. Anyways Herath is old and will be gone in a year or two.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Near Southall. But not as desified.
    Runs
    1,894
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan2014 View Post
    Hearth is not being that good in ODI/T20 and does not even get selected for IPL , so he cannot be considered the best. Anyways Herath is old and will be gone in a year or two.
    What an utterly ridiculous statement. Do you not rate Alex Hales because he doesn't play for an IPL franchise? And go and look at Herath's stats.


    It's not the failures, the heartbreak or the losses that hurt. It's the hope.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigii View Post
    What an utterly ridiculous statement. Do you not rate Alex Hales because he doesn't play for an IPL franchise? And go and look at Herath's stats.
    Averages 31 in ODIS, thats decent but not worthy of the world's best spinner title in all formats.

    As for Alex Hales, i rate him but believe he will only be a finished article only after he can play IPL and face the best T20 players in the world.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Near Southall. But not as desified.
    Runs
    1,894
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan2014 View Post
    Averages 31 in ODIS, thats decent but not worthy of the world's best spinner title in all formats.

    As for Alex Hales, i rate him but believe he will only be a finished article only after he can play IPL and face the best T20 players in the world.
    In the last 3 years, Ajmal, Mendis, Tredwell, Narine and Jadeja have all taken more ODI wickets and at a better average than Herath. How many of them will you say are up there as the world's best spinner? So I don't believe you should dismiss Herath because he averages 31 in ODIs.

    And regarding Hales, he wouldn't face Pakistani bowlers in the IPL. And he probably wouldn't face Harris, Philander, Broad, Anderson etc. So he's wouldn't be facing the best T20 players or the best bowlers in the world.


    It's not the failures, the heartbreak or the losses that hurt. It's the hope.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    14,515
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan2014 View Post
    Averages 31 in ODIS, thats decent but not worthy of the world's best spinner title in all formats.

    As for Alex Hales, i rate him but believe he will only be a finished article only after he can play IPL and face the best T20 players in the world.
    Enough with the trolling already.. Your posts are smelling of jealousy

    Welcome to the forum, your posts should be fun
    Last edited by Sandeep; 4th October 2014 at 21:52.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
    Enough with the trolling already.. Your posts are smelling of jealousy

    Welcome to the forum, your posts should be fun
    Jealous of what?

    I am not trolling, i just do not change my views to fit in, like some of you do,

  21. #101
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    25,086
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan2014 View Post
    Maybe it is too early but even Sachin was picked when he was just 16. Kuldeep looks to be special and mark my words, by the end of this year people will rate him as the best spinner in the world. With Ajmal banned for cheating, there is not much competition , is there?
    The youngest spinner who has impressed most in international cricket, is Raza Hasan. He missed out two years due to injury and Ajmal, and now when he is fit and Ajmal isnt there let us watch out for him.
    Let Yadav play international teams like SA and Aus and see how he fares there first.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  22. #102
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    12,953
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    A good spinner, a bowler in general should be able to play any format of the game. It will not effect them, it shouldn't, if it doesn't then the bowler doesn't deserve to play all formats. Batting can be spared for obvious reasons. IF Yadav allows T20 mindset to get into his ODI and Test, then he surely isn't worth playing at other formats. Yadav is yet tested at longer formats, outside of Subcontinent/UAE and especially vs International players. Murali,Warne and Kumble were the only spinners who started dominating cricket since they were in their early 20s. Every other young spinner faded off, Daniel Vettori is a different story. Ajmal, Herath, Swann all changed their lives around in later stage. Spin bowling is a mind game and often, you grow wiser as you age.

  23. #103
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Srinivasan's house
    Runs
    6,180
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan2014 View Post
    Jealous of what?

    I am not trolling, i just do not change my views to fit in, like some of you do,
    Will you change your name in 2015?

  24. #104
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Srinivasan's house
    Runs
    6,180
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherface58 View Post
    He is being overhyped. He is good but too many talented spinners have gone awry and this guy hasn't even played a game yet. He is young. Folks should be reasonable.
    Agreed. Let him play a international game.

  25. #105
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    545
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A fantastic young talent who needs to be persisted with. Do not go by the last 2 matches where he was taken for plenty. Shoaib Malik and Suresh Raina are veteran in this format and has the capability to take on the best. Moreover, there was heavy due in yesterday's game and he was finding in tough to grip the ball. He is only 19 and will (hopefully) only get better from here. He is yet to play a first class/list A game and selected for national team shows how much selectors believe in his potential. Reminds me of Sachin Tendulkar when he was fast tracked into Indian team looking at his talent. MS Dhoni praised Kuldeep as well yesterday during post match presentation. Lets leave the kid alone and lets not hype/downgrade him soon.
    Last edited by Big Boss; 5th October 2014 at 10:59.

  26. #106
    Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can any of my friends here tell me why he is not playing the ongoing Ranji game against Baroda? Has he been dropped or is he injured? If he has been dropped, then it is beyond me as to why you wouldn't select a guy who took 4 wickets in the only innings UP bowled in their last match?

    Any info would be helpful. I am rooting for this guy to be fast tracked into our test team for the home tests. I think he could be a great addition to the test team, looking at our spin cupboard. Plus Ojha is history now.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Azamgarh, U.P, India
    Runs
    254
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynic View Post
    Can any of my friends here tell me why he is not playing the ongoing Ranji game against Baroda? Has he been dropped or is he injured? If he has been dropped, then it is beyond me as to why you wouldn't select a guy who took 4 wickets in the only innings UP bowled in their last match?

    Any info would be helpful. I am rooting for this guy to be fast tracked into our test team for the home tests. I think he could be a great addition to the test team, looking at our spin cupboard. Plus Ojha is history now.
    Injured! Got injured in same match (got hit on his thumb while batting) where he took 4 wickets.

  28. #108
    Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket-Pundit View Post
    Injured! Got injured in same match (got hit on his thumb while batting) where he took 4 wickets.
    Ah! Makes sense. Thanks for the update.

  29. #109
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    43,811
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Hope he has recovered from the hammering he took off Malik.

  30. #110
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,985
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's been bowling very well during this IPL however his first class record so far isn't much to write home about. Hope he's not wasted by playing too much T20 cricket.

  31. #111
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    3,172
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    He's been bowling very well during this IPL however his first class record so far isn't much to write home about. Hope he's not wasted by playing too much T20 cricket.
    He hasn't gotten regular chances in FC as UP has good spinners. Anyway, its difficult for chinaman bowlers to bowl in the longer formats, look at Brad Hogg. He is a good prospect for LOIs, has good variations & more than decent accuracy

  32. #112
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,721
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is still at the same level when this thread started.. I have not seen much progress. Having talent is one thing, application is a whole different ball game.

    having said that, one has to see how many chances he has got, considering his FC captain is Piyush Chawla and invariably he gets to choose himself over Kulpeep in the UP team (when it comes to spin options)!


    "Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

  33. #113
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    11,695
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    All Young bowlers need to bowl 100's of overs to learn their trade. I agree he hasn't developed like I thought he would.

  34. #114
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    15,939
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Never heard of him.


    Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

  35. #115
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Let's all jump on the hype train!

  36. #116
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,235
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very good prospect.

  37. #117
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,721
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally 10 matches player in FC in 2 years. Rest my case about him being over hyped.

    KULDEEP YADAV
    Season Balls Mdns Runs Wkts BB Ave 5wI 10wM
    2014-15 (India) 818 21 554 16 4-48 34.62 0 0
    2015-16 (India) 999 30 610 13 3-64 46.92 0 0


    "Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

  38. #118
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,078
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    Totally 10 matches player in FC in 2 years. Rest my case about him being over hyped.

    KULDEEP YADAV
    Season Balls Mdns Runs Wkts BB Ave 5wI 10wM
    2014-15 (India) 818 21 554 16 4-48 34.62 0 0
    2015-16 (India) 999 30 610 13 3-64 46.92 0 0
    He can be useful in LOIs. But won't be good in Tests I reckon.

  39. #119
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    6,907
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    He can be useful in LOIs. But won't be good in Tests I reckon.
    Don't include ODIs in it.

  40. #120
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,960
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very very inconsistent , but can spin the ball and has some wicket taking balls ..dont look at his stats now . Naturally talented , but could end up like Chawla if he does not work on his consistency


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  41. #121
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    3,172
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People quoting stats from the 10 FC games that he played on unhelpful wickets !

    Spinners take time to mature, chinaman is especially a very difficult art to master. Thats why you see so few of them. Kuldeep is on the right track, we should give him a few more years. He is just 21, after all.


    The good thing is that the selectors have their eye on him. He played a practice match against SA & troubled a few of them.

    http://www.news18.com/cricketnext/ne...y-1123932.html
    Last edited by Abhilash93; 25th May 2016 at 20:41.

  42. #122
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,985
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He makes his test (and senior international) debut today.

  43. #123
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,985
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And a good start for the young man.

  44. #124
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    4,615
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Impressive.
    Looked the most threatening till now.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  45. #125
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,985
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brilliant bowling so far.

  46. #126
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    4,615
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    3-fer for the kid now.. some unplayable deliveries


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  47. #127
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    11,695
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The lad looks to have kicked on since my original post. He will have his ups and downs but the basics are solid and thats what will take wickets.

  48. #128
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,940
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is a terrific bowler.

    I was begging for him to be included in the squad..

  49. #129
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,235
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Far more skilled than the overrated weak teams bully.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  50. #130
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,645
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Already better than Ashwin


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  51. #131
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    14,121
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Deliveries to Handscomb and Maxwell were absolutely thing of BEAUTY.

    WOW.


    I am not surprised. For me He was the best player of the Under 19 World Cup.


    Way to go young man.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  52. #132
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,499
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Already better than Ashwin
    I would be cautious. Ashwin bowled well series after series. Once novelty factor wears off his real test will begin. But he will definitely be more handy in countries like Australia/SA as any wrist spinners.

  53. #133
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,985
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Started his international career well.

  54. #134
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    578
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hat-trick for Kuldeep Yadav !!

  55. #135
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    560
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwins odi career is finished with the emergence of kuldeep and chahal is looking like a surprisingly good find for india.

    We don't need leg side darters like ashwin anymore.
    I can stick my neck and will proclaim that kuldeep will be our starting spinner outside of subcontinent.

    Ashwins place is under serious threat outside of home tests

  56. #136
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    9,955
    Mentioned
    2621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sachin100 View Post
    Ashwins place is under serious threat outside of home tests
    I don't think so. The selectors see him as a genuine number 6 in tests.

  57. #137
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    3,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sachin100 View Post
    Ashwins odi career is finished with the emergence of kuldeep and chahal is looking like a surprisingly good find for india.

    We don't need leg side darters like ashwin anymore.
    I can stick my neck and will proclaim that kuldeep will be our starting spinner outside of subcontinent.

    Ashwins place is under serious threat outside of home tests
    I beg to differ. Kuldeep got a hattrick and accolades today, but Chahal looks to be the one with the better temperament especially when under the pump. Don't forget it is he who got the rampaging Maxwell two out of two times when he was threatening to run away with the match.

    Yes Kuldeep gets more than one wicket in an over when there is pressure on the opposition, but Chahal to me is the fighter who will turn the tide for you by getting big wickets during crunch times. Well atleast it looks that way at the moment..


    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

  58. #138
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    560
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moh@n View Post
    I don't think so. The selectors see him as a genuine number 6 in tests.
    He will be a starter initially for his bowling but not as a nui6 batsman in eng, sa, Australia but not for long if he performs like he hid in previous tours with no control over run rate let alone wickets.

  59. #139
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    3,984
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Hatrick ball was an absolute beauty..... loved it


    [QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

  60. #140
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    3,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Ashwin is a world class test allrounder and will stay that way in the near future. His ODI place is under huge pressure now but I am pretty sure he will get his chances to win it back on the way to the next WC.


    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

  61. #141
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    560
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani2k View Post
    I beg to differ. Kuldeep got a hattrick and accolades today, but Chahal looks to be the one with the better temperament especially when under the pump. Don't forget it is he who got the rampaging Maxwell two out of two times when he was threatening to run away with the match.

    Yes Kuldeep gets more than one wicket in an over when there is pressure on the opposition, but Chahal to me is the fighter who will turn the tide for you by getting big wickets during crunch times. Well atleast it looks that way at the moment..
    Not every batsman is a slogger like maxwell. I also accept that chahal is better right now in odis and t 20 but his 4 day stats are horrendous

  62. #142
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    3,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sachin100 View Post
    Not every batsman is a slogger like maxwell. I also accept that chahal is better right now in odis and t 20 but his 4 day stats are horrendous
    Yes. In tests Kuldeep is the man. But if you are talking about ODIs, Chahal looks to be the one providing better control and catching the bull by the horns. Kuldeep is still young and can definitely become better, but Chahal is looking like the finished product already. If in the future matches only one is going to play, I would prefer him over Kuldeep. But Kullu is a better batsman! So it all depends on team dynamics and requirements to put it mildly.


    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

  63. #143
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    560
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani2k View Post
    And Ashwin is a world class test allrounder and will stay that way in the near future. His ODI place is under huge pressure now but I am pretty sure he will get his chances to win it back on the way to the next WC.
    I am not convinced of his bowling in flat wickets in ODIs and as a test bowler outside of india. Next yr will cement his legacy as either a spin track bully or a world class all conditions bowler.

    I m not confident of him being a later bowler

  64. #144
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    9,955
    Mentioned
    2621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sachin100 View Post
    He will be a starter initially for his bowling but not as a nui6 batsman in eng, sa, Australia but not for long if he performs like he hid in previous tours with no control over run rate let alone wickets.
    I am very sure that Shastri and Kohli are inclined towards five bowling options in tests. Without Ashwin the tail becomes too long. Pandya and Saha at 6 and 7 will be a big weakness in away tests. And I don't think they will dump Jadeja as yet for Kuldeep.

  65. #145
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    3,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sachin100 View Post
    I am not convinced of his bowling in flat wickets in ODIs and as a test bowler outside of india. Next yr will cement his legacy as either a spin track bully or a world class all conditions bowler.

    I m not confident of him being a later bowler
    In tests abroad he can do the controlling job and bat at #6. We can play Kuldeep as the attacking spinner (based on conditions) with three seamers or three seamers plus Pandya plus Ashwin playing the lone spinner role.

    He played a decent hand in Australia (2011-12) and England (2014) as a batsman. So he can very well perform that role.


    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

  66. #146
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    1,807
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good LOI bowler, Indian version of Imran Tahir. Ashwin will struggle to come back to ODI squad

  67. #147
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    560
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moh@n View Post
    I am very sure that Shastri and Kohli are inclined towards five bowling options in tests. Without Ashwin the tail becomes too long. Pandya and Saha at 6 and 7 will be a big weakness in away tests. And I don't think they will dump Jadeja as yet for Kuldeep.
    Absolutely. Ashwin will be a starter initially and i m not saying kuldeep is the first choice right now.

  68. #148
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,940
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    Very good LOI bowler, Indian version of Imran Tahir. Ashwin will struggle to come back to ODI squad
    Ashwin can stick to Test cricket. His batting is also very handy in Test matches where he does not have to step out of his comfort zone.

  69. #149
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,235
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    All quality.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  70. #150
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,067
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    impressive. he can be india's yasir.


    "To Became A Good Player, You Need Talent. To Became A Great Player You Need An Attitude Like Kohli" - Sunil Gavaskar

  71. #151
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,184
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rate this guy, played an instrumental role in the deciding Dharamsala Test as well. I'll prefer him overseas to both Ashwin and Jadeja by a long shot.

  72. #152
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,369
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chahal is not better than kuldeep. Its other way around. Kuldeep is classical wrist spinner. Flight, turn, nowadays wrong one, deceptive etc. Chahal is fast, more stump to stump, flatter and containing. Kuldeep on a bad day will be expensive but still get you wickets. Chahal if taken to attack successfully might lose the plot like Jadeja on flat tracks.
    Either way not complaining. Both are good and may form a lethal partnership. One attacking other defensive.
    Last edited by Pollack; 21st September 2017 at 19:15.

  73. #153
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,369
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo23 View Post
    impressive. he can be india's yasir.
    But Yasir is a poor ODI bowler.

  74. #154
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,275
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    Chahal is not better than kuldeep. Its other way around. Kuldeep is classical wrist spinner. Flight, turn, nowadays wrong one, deceptive etc. Chahal is fast, more stump to stump, flatter and containing. Kuldeep on a bad day will be expensive but still get you wickets. Chahal if taken to attack successfully might lose the plot like Jadeja on flat tracks.
    Either way not complaining. Both are good and may form a lethal partnership. One attacking other defensive.
    Don't think chahal has a long shelf life, he might have a good season or 2 but will fade away sooner rather than later

  75. #155
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,067
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    But Yasir is a poor ODI bowler.
    i think misbah was not able to handle him in limited overs

    i expect yasir to do well under sarfraz if he gets the chance


    "To Became A Good Player, You Need Talent. To Became A Great Player You Need An Attitude Like Kohli" - Sunil Gavaskar

  76. #156
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Future ATG, i couldn't pick his variations, even the straighter one looked the same.

  77. #157
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    19,040
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Have so much hopes from him,hopefully keeps learning and work hard and not go Piyush Chawla way.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  78. #158
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    61
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite Possible.
    Leg Spinners,more than any other type of bowlers,need good captains for them to be really effective.

  79. #159
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,394
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo23 View Post
    i think misbah was not able to handle him in limited overs

    i expect yasir to do well under sarfraz if he gets the chance
    Shadab Khan is a better choice than Yasir in LOI's. He also can bat and field better than yasir.

  80. #160
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,985
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yadav continues to torture the Aussies.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •