Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Over hyped English batting line up destroyed by Kuldeep today.

He is a gun bowler.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    This lad is a very special,I have watched him very closely as he bowls chinaman like my young son and I believe he will go on to become the best spinner of this generation. India have a great talent which I hope for their sake is not destroyed by too much too soon and over bowling.
    You were right Billu.

He is special.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This world cup batting line ups will fall before kuldeep yadav.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Bowled like an ATG today.

Simply wow.

The flight, the turn, the deception...he is so much fun and scary to watch.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both Ashwin and Kuldeep should play in 1st Test.

Jaddu can come in if one of these 2 struggle.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible guile and control from this lad today! Always rated him much more than Chahal as he gets most of his wickets from deception and flight, rather than the wide 11th stump slow spinners that Chahal does. Obviously the latter is a skill as well, but won't translate to wickets in test matches. Skill like Kuldeep on the other hand will.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Brilliant spell and brilliant bowling by Kuldeep. Hope he continues in this vain throughout the series and I hope the management retain him for the tests.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

'It was amazing' – Kuldeep Yadav leaves England in a spin

Kuldeep Yadav, India’s 23-year-old left-arm wrist-spinner, said that varying the pace and the flight of his deliveries helped him succeed on Tuesday against England on an Old Trafford pitch that wasn't offering much turn.

The young spinner finished with a brilliant 5/24, which included the wickets of Eoin Morgan, Jonny Bairstow and Joe Root in a single over. That restricted England to 159/8, which India chased down with 10 balls in hand in the first of three Twenty20 Internationals as KL Rahul blasted a 54-ball 101*.

“The pitch did not have much turn. I did not want to give pace to the English batsmen as it would have made batting easy for them. I executed my plan very well,” Kuldeep said after the match.

“The ball wasn't turning much. (Yuzvendra) Chahal, who bowled before me, also confirmed the same, so I focused on varying my pace, and the flight of my deliveries,” he went on. “This was the key and it helped me in getting the wickets. I don't think about the batsmen while bowling, I focus on what I can do.”

Kuldeep was delighted after he sent Bairstow and Root back for golden ducks off consecutive deliveries, both batsmen out stumped.

“Obviously they are quality batsmen, and it’s a good feeling when you take two wickets on the trot,” he said. “It was amazing … brilliant, I guess. Three wickets in the over really changed the momentum.”

The spinner also reflected on his experience of bowling to Jos Buttler, who top-scored for England on the day with a 46-ball 69, in the Indian Premier League recently.

“Sometimes, you need to consider the batsman. When I was bowling to Jos Buttler, because I know him well, I have bowled a lot to him in the IPL, I knew that he wouldn't take risks against me and would only take singles, which I was happy to give,” Yadav said.

Virat Kohli, the India captain, was understandably thrilled with Kuldeep’s performance, which gave India a winning start to a long tour of England.

“He is going to be effective on any kind of pitch and with a bit of assistance, he becomes even more lethal,” said Kohli. “He can turn it away from you or right into you and I think it's very difficult to pick. I hope he can keep batsmen guessing.”

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/774666

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A brilliant talent - really hope he doesn’t go the way of Chawla and Mishra though.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kuldeep looked rather ordinary in IPL 2018 but he has been brilliant in SA and now in Eng. I wonder why in IPL he did not do that well?

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A match winner.

About time India unleashed him tests. I cannot imagine India going to Australia without Kuldeep Yadav in test side

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Pahad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian attack this match is basically 3 duds and Kuldeep Yadav. Let's see what he can do. :

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chinamen are the most entertaining bowlers to watch besides a 90+ MPH fast bowler.

As long as he derives his strengths from flight, bounce, and turn rather than the T20 gung-ho of flat and fast, he will continue to pick up wickets.

"Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death" ~ Otto Von Bismarck

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Him and Rashid are the two best Limited Overs spinners by some distance at the moment. No one else comes close. Tahir's best days are behind him as well.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India should play Kuldeep and Ashwin for the first Test.

Kuldeep can get you wickets even on flat wickets. Same cannot be said about the likes of Ashwin/Jaddu.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What a performance today by the little man.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    6 wickets for Kuldeep.

In ODI cricket for a spinner its a special achievement. That too outside subcontinent. Well done Sir.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dűr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What a talent!

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Pahad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best ODI spinner today, by quite some distance.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Him and Rashid are the two best Limited Overs spinners by some distance at the moment. No one else comes close. Tahir's best days are behind him as well.
    Which Rashid?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Easily the best spinner in ODIs

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Which Rashid?
    Rashid Khan.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rise of an ATG spinner maybe.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be in the test team

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Start has been good. According to the exceptional talent he is supposed to possess.

But he now has to move ahead. Still hasnt seen him bowl the flipper. Doesnot bowl the slidder.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks as special talent. India should look to include him in the test team.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Start has been good. According to the exceptional talent he is supposed to possess.

But he now has to move ahead. Still hasnt seen him bowl the flipper. Doesnot bowl the slidder.
    He doesn't bowl flipper. He has developed a faster one though.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    He doesn't bowl flipper. He has developed a faster one though.
    He does bowl the flipper. Seen him do that in IPL and domestics.

Flipper will mean you cannot just hang back to him and play him off the pitch.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England suddenly seem very comfortable picking him.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Too much expectation from a young boy other indian bowler also need to step up there bowling and take wickets otherwise he alone can not win all the matches for india.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This forum doesn't understand the fact that players can have bad series and are allow to go through bad patches. Indian fans are just as bad as our fans for bumping threads like this.

Chahal isn't as good as Kuldeep but in his last LO series he took apart South Africa. He was always going to have 1 bad series lol . If he a few more series of bad performances bump threads like this ,but until then calm down. It makes the sensible fans look bad.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Gets Fakhar Zaman out today.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Gets Fakhar Zaman out today.
    Wasn't out.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Wasn't out.
    Why not reviewed?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    An ODI legend in the making. He is going to create havoc at the World Cup.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An ODI legend in the making. He is going to create havoc at the World Cup.
    You were quick to pounce on “Show off Shadab” after his performance of late, nothing about Kuldeep boss?
    Home conditions, 9 games 4 wickets Average of 71 with an economy of 8.6.

Show off Kuldeep?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iPakistani View Post
    You were quick to pounce on “Show off Shadab” after his performance of late, nothing about Kuldeep boss?

Show off Kuldeep?
    There is no comparison between the two. Shadab is an average spinner and a minnow-basher at best.

Kuldeep is world class who hasn’t been at his best recently. However, he will be back in his element eventually.

If Shadab was India, he wouldn’t have played a single international match so far.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Show off Kuldeep?
    you are wasting your time on that person.Kuldeep is worldclass spinner but alot of thing also favor him
    he plays for team that win more often than not
    he have support of chahal who is also very good
    there are many other factors which is in favor of kuldeep while shadab lacks that luxury.Any way shadab is very young and going through learning process .he is far from finished product and will shut his haters
    Last edited by saeed5646; 29th April 2019 at 23:28.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of those threads which aged really well. Kudos to the OP.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Let’s not compare Kuldeep and Shadab now. It is going to end in tears like the Pandya vs Faheem thread. Our fans never learn.

Kuldeep is at least three levels above Shadab as a spinner.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let’s not compare Kuldeep and Shadab now. It is going to end in tears like the Pandya vs Faheem thread. Our fans never learn.

No one is comparing them, everyone knows Kuldeep is clear of Shadab. I was asking why you haven’t spoken at all about Kuldeep’s total flopshow in the ‘joint highest’ form of t20 cricket in the world.

A better player is open to more criticism when they don’t perform, howver you choose to pick on Shadab after every little mistake he makes. Why don’t you do the same for Kuldeep? I guess agenda never stops.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    No one is comparing them, everyone knows Kuldeep is clear of Shadab. I was asking why you haven’t spoken at all about Kuldeep’s total flopshow in the ‘joint highest’ form of t20 cricket in the world.

A better player is open to more criticism when they don’t perform, howver you choose to pick on Shadab after every little mistake he makes. Why don’t you do the same for Kuldeep? I guess agenda never stops.
    A better player is not open to more criticism, in fact, a world class player gets more breathing space than a mediocre player, because you can back a player of proven quality to bounce back at any moment.

If I were part of the Indian management, I would not be worried about Kuldeep because I know that he will deliver in the World Cup. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about Shadab because there are no minnows to bash this time.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    A better player is not open to more criticism, in fact, a world class player gets more breathing space than a mediocre player, because you can back a player of proven quality to bounce back at any moment.

If I were part of the Indian management, I would not be worried about Kuldeep because I know that he will deliver in the World Cup. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about Shadab because there are no minnows to bash this time.
    Who gets to designate a player as being 'world class' vs 'mediocre'?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Eden Gardens has suddenly become spinner killer this season. Rahul Chahar who was maintaining ER under 7 winning matches for Mumbai Indians got exposed at Eden Gardens 4 overs 54 runs. Same match Chawla was shredded to pieces by Pandya. Narine went for 44 runs in 4 overs. Kuldeep albeit a slow leggie will have problem more than others. He would have enjoyed other pitches more. Anyway this is T20. You can line up against any bowler. Chahal is brilliant though purely through his brainy bowling

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I expect him to be a major MVP at the WC..big wicket taker..expecting tons of wickets and probably WC final MVP if india get there..my prediction is he will be a major star after the WC..

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i agree with this...I dont think we should compare..Im hoping shadab can nick a few major wickets but Im not expecting him to give us MVP type performances every match..Im expecting kuldeep to be too good for most world batsmen..

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Who gets to designate a player as being 'world class' vs 'mediocre'?
    It is arbitrary to an extent, but I would say that performances against the top teams is usually a very reliable indicator.

Kuldeep vs the top teams (England, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand) and Pakistan:

Average of 22 and roughly 2 wickets per game.

Shadab vs the top teams:

Average of 38 and approximately one wicket per game.

It is pretty obvious that Kuldeep is world class against the top opposition while Shadab is very ordinary.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    i agree with this...I dont think we should compare..Im hoping shadab can nick a few major wickets but Im not expecting him to give us MVP type performances every match..Im expecting kuldeep to be too good for most world batsmen..
    IMO, Kuldeep will be the difference between India winning the World Cup and falling short. If the opposition negate him, India will struggle to restrict teams to low scores, but if he delivers like he has against the top opposition so far, India are surely going to be in the final. An amazing find for India.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    IMO, Kuldeep will be the difference between India winning the World Cup and falling short. If the opposition negate him, India will struggle to restrict teams to low scores, but if he delivers like he has against the top opposition so far, India are surely going to be in the final. An amazing find for India.
    cant see many teams negating him..maybe england and perhaps the lankans as a surprise..everyone else will try and maximise their other games while going for it against India but not worrying if they lose..

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kuldeep is a special talent. He is going to go through a rough patch. Needs to overcome it for India to do well at the WC.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It is arbitrary to an extent, but I would say that performances against the top teams is usually a very reliable indicator.

Kuldeep vs the top teams (England, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand) and Pakistan:

Average of 22 and roughly 2 wickets per game.

Shadab vs the top teams:

Average of 38 and approximately one wicket per game.

It is pretty obvious that Kuldeep is world class against the top opposition while Shadab is very ordinary.
    It can be argued that the top teams are poor against spin, specially the surprise factor of left-arm leg-spin.

I do believe Kuldeep is a proper spinner and way ahead of Shadab (who is unlikely to ever make it as a top-level spinner), but I'm not sure how he warrants the world class tag yet.

Similarly, Shadab may have struggled in a few outings but keep in mind that Kuldeep is a few years older and has a lot more FC experience.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    It can be argued that the top teams are poor against spin, specially the surprise factor of left-arm leg-spin.

I do believe Kuldeep is a proper spinner and way ahead of Shadab (who is unlikely to ever make it as a top-level spinner), but I'm not sure how he warrants the world class tag yet.
    Wow!! so Kuldeep Yadav isn't world class? You have a very high standard sirji.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kuldeep bowls much slower, and flights it. You will pick up lots of wickets this way as scoring singles are a little harder. Scoring singles of Shadab is easier as he bowls quicker. Both are wrist spinners but a tad different. Kuldeep also turns into most of the batsmen and therefore easier to get tonked around when the balls turns in mostly.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kuldeep apart from one game did not do much in England, so what makes him a big threat this time around ?

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    Kuldeep apart from one game did not do much in England, so what makes him a big threat this time around ?
    Played only 5 limited overs matches, won 2 of them single-handedly, he is one of our most valuable asset and second only to Kohli in sheer match winning ability, no opposition can afford to take him lightly.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    Kuldeep beats batsmen in the air, most wrist spinners, especially those flight a lot get, it is extremely difficult to pick sudden variation in flight, especially when they are flighted well. It is literally not possible when the ball is once at the eye line of a bowler. This is why players look dumb when they get out to wrist spinners. Warne and Murali were the masters of making players look stupid. If we had Ashwin, on flat icc "neutral" pitches with current sets of ODI English batsmen, it is a murder.