Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    773
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Piyush Chawla's County Performance Watch Thread

    Indian leggie scored 112 for Somerset against Middlesex.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-c...ch/593515.html

    Hope he does well with ball too.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    14,521
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How bad is Middlesex's team

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    773
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep99 View Post
    How bad is Middlesex's team
    they are currently 4th ranked team in the tournament.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-c...ew=pointstable

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    507
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A second county cricket century for him

    Remember him scoring one for sussex when he played a few games for them

    Chawlas doing better then Gautam Ghambir

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Near Southall. But not as desified.
    Runs
    1,895
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny that. All big named leg spinners in England at the moment don't care about their bowling anymore.

    Rashid, Borthwick and now Chawla.


    It's not the failures, the heartbreak or the losses that hurt. It's the hope.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    9,081
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good innings, but a spinner took 6 wickets for India A and Mishra had a fantastic series v Zimbabwe, so I think he's fallen down the pecking order

  7. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    14,955
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hang your head in shame, Gambhir.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,243
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Middlesex 60/7 on the same pitch


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,532
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gambhir scores a duck when Chawla scores a century.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont you laugh at Gambhir, he's always earned his place on merit............................even in the hall of shame.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    7,767
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India's spin stocks suddenly look a lot better. Mishra's come back has been impressive, Chawla is again coming into the scheme with good county performances. With Ashwin-Ojha and Jadeja trio it seems we wont have trouble in spin department.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    417
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    India's spin stocks suddenly look a lot better. Mishra's come back has been impressive, Chawla is again coming into the scheme with good county performances. With Ashwin-Ojha and Jadeja trio it seems we wont have trouble in spin department.
    We never did and never will be short of spin-bowlers, but still falling short of producing top-quality pace bowlers for all three formats of the game.How much we miss the services of Kapil Dev...

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    773
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chawla scored 27 runs (highest runs) for his team Somerset which got bundled out for 103 runs.
    And took 4 wicket against Derbyshire who are batting at 220/5

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-c...ch/593518.html

    Chawla is having a great time in England.
    Last edited by Chromeuser; 4th September 2013 at 07:40.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    6,209
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromeuser View Post
    Chawla scored 27 runs (highest runs) for his team Somerset which got bundled out for 103 runs.
    And took 4 wicket against Derbyshire who are batting at 220/5

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-c...ch/593518.html

    Chawla is having a great time in England.
    Mans just got four more seasons to go and he could be playing for Englannd!!

    Go on my son,..... you be called Pis sy and with that name fit right into the team culture!

  15. #15
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,937
    Mentioned
    825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    That is the thing with leggies.

    They are curious creatures.

    Taking nothing away from Chawla, here's the thing:

    If a team doesn't know how to play leggies properly, they would be ripped apart by a "decent to good" leg spinner.

    But that same spinner MAY or MAY NOT be able to replicate that performance against batsman of top teams.

    Against minnows or teams that don't know how to play leggies:

    Amit Mishra, Chawla, (or any other leg spinner) > Any international spin bowler

    When it comes to real competition, you know the story.

    They may or may not be good.
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 4th September 2013 at 11:51.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    773
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chawla gets 5fer

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    9,081
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromeuser View Post
    Chawla gets 5fer
    India recall?

  18. #18
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,937
    Mentioned
    825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    India recall?
    Nope. Ain't happening any time soon.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    14,521
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't really think performances against mediocre county sides matter.. I can't see a future for Chawla with Indian team anyway, let him enjoy his stint with county cricket and IPL

  20. #20
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep99 View Post
    Don't really think performances against mediocre county sides matter.. I can't see a future for Chawla with Indian team anyway, let him enjoy his stint with county cricket and IPL
    This.

    Chawla is way down the pecking order to elicit a recall to Indian team in either formats in near future at least.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    1,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am yet to see him turn his leg spinners..

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    7,767
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Chawla you never know when he's back in Indian colours. Wasn't he picked out of the blue in 2011 World cup? He hadn't played for India in 2 years but still got picked, also he's 24. He has a lot of time to make a case for himself.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    14,955
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Guys like Chawla, Raina and Ishant Sharma have been around for years but are still in their early 20s. It's hilarious.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    14,521
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    With Chawla you never know when he's back in Indian colours. Wasn't he picked out of the blue in 2011 World cup? He hadn't played for India in 2 years but still got picked, also he's 24. He has a lot of time to make a case for himself.
    Lucky mascot for Dhoni

  25. #25
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    11,864
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    10 wicket haul for Piyush.

    The lad seriously needs to lose some weight though - he's way too fat for a modern sportsman.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    604
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mishra will never succeed at the highest level (vs the best teams). Chawla can, if given an extended run. Dhoni doesn't seem to know how to use him. And sadly for Piyush, for him to have an international career, Sanga would need to change his nationality.
    Last edited by sachjinn; 6th September 2013 at 14:49.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    2,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sachjinn View Post
    Mishra will never succeed at the highest level (vs the best teams). Chawla can, if given an extended run. Dhoni doesn't seem to know how to use him. And sadly for Piyush, for him to have an international career, Sanga would need to change his nationality.
    ???? Why. He is actually getting better and better with age. Didnt He just managed to pawn the Zimbos? Pakistani bowling isnt bad? Zimbos seem to have quite good batmen in their side

  28. #28
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    1,870
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bin_pendi_ka_lota View Post
    ???? Why. He is actually getting better and better with age. Didnt He just managed to pawn the Zimbos? Pakistani bowling isnt bad? Zimbos seem to have quite good batmen in their side
    he was awful in england

  29. #29
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,937
    Mentioned
    825 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by majiz View Post
    he was awful in england
    And Ashwin was awful against England AT HOME.

    Didn't stop him from killing the Aussies.

    Sure, you can say England play spin better than Aussies (its true) but there was a world of difference how Ashwin bowled in those 2 series.

    Who knows maybe Mishra could be getting better?

  30. #30
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    2,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by majiz View Post
    he was awful in england
    Actually whole team was awfull.... I wont blame any individual for that series. But he has got a lot better since then. Atleast in the matches i saw.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    604
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sachjinn View Post
    Mishra will never succeed at the highest level (vs the best teams). Chawla can, if given an extended run. Dhoni doesn't seem to know how to use him. And sadly for Piyush, for him to have an international career, Sanga would need to change his nationality.
    As usual, it's my personal opinion. I've watched all his career and even got to see him up close bowling with Sivaramakrishnan. While the situation wasn't typical international match conditions, Siva at his age was miles ahead.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    175
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    10 wicket haul for Piyush.

    The lad seriously needs to lose some weight though - he's way too fat for a modern sportsman.
    That should be a minimum on a turning wicket. It was against a really inexperienced and young Derbyshire batting line-up. Also I would like to note that he didn't dismiss the most experienced Derbyshire player, Shiv Chanderpaul.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •