Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Reminded me Graeme Swann for some reason.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a beauty. Rated highly for some time and is now showing the hype. Hope he gets picked in ANY format.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only left arm spinner who actually turns the ball instead of darting it.

That is something! Imad can learn a lot from this boy.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good display of bowling but don't forget he got thrashed by the PZ tailenders like Umaid and Wahab.
    In this match 8 (out of 9) IU wickets were taken by spinners, Samit Patel took more wickets than him, Shadab was more economical than him. Even newbie Said Badar was extracting almost similar turn from this pitch in the previous match.

Too early too say he's back to his best. Let's see how he performs on slightly different pitches, against better players and under pressure etc.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    The only left arm spinner who actually turns the ball instead of darting it.

That is something! Imad can learn a lot from this boy.
    Get him in the team. Better than Imad and Nawaz. Too bad those two are rated highly by the people higher up fsr.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What most people don't know is that Zafar is a clean striker of the ball as well. Also electric in the field.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should’ve been in the test team long ago...

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    What most people don't know is that Zafar is a clean striker of the ball as well. Also electric in the field.
    yep

No reason why he cant replace Imad in odis

His test selection is long overdue as well

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Zafar at the post-match presser:

"We were given a plan by Misbah Bhai and we hit the right areas which brought us success"

"The last 6-7 months were very tough for my career (shoulder surgery etc) but I am feeling very good now"

"There was pressure on me but I had trust on my skills and I backed them"

"The ball with which I got Darren Sammy was a magic ball and I really enjoyed that"

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Exactly. He is a far better batsman than Imad and Nawaz.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    yep

No reason why he cant replace Imad in odis

His test selection is long overdue as well
    Definitely a must in the test team. In conditions when we need to play 5 bowler Faheem, Zafar, Yasir, Amir and Abbas. That should be the attack

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waited a long time for him to show that, but knew he had it in him. Fine player, please keep him in the team for the remainder of the games. Genuine turner of the ball, this is the sort of player to invest in, not Imad and Nawaz. I can't vouch for Zafar's batting, we need to see more of it and hopefully he can earn a Shadab-esque promotion seeing as United's path to qualification looks clearer than the rest.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samiakh View Post
    Definitely a must in the test team. In conditions when we need to play 5 bowler Faheem, Zafar, Yasir, Amir and Abbas. That should be the attack
    I have doubts whether Faheem is good enough to play as an all-rounder in tests.

I personally agree with you that Sarfraz bat at 6 with an allrounder at 7. Agha Salman, Talat, Shadab and Faheem are potential candiatates but none really stick out right now.

What i suspect will happen is we will continue to play 6 batsmen + sarfraz at 7, and get Haris and maybe Fahkar if he gets called up, to bowl as the 5th bowler

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Exactly. He is a far better batsman than Imad and Nawaz.
    I don't think we can say that, he hasnt really shown it yet in his domestic career. In under 19s he was an allrounder.

He clearly has ability though, we saw that in his one innings at International level, just needs to work on it a bit

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Get him in the team. Better than Imad and Nawaz. Too bad those two are rated highly by the people higher up fsr.
    That's the sad story of Pakistan cricket. Zafar won't be the last case.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As a 2nd spinner for tests I would invest in him.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a spinner who can really spin it big. His only problem is too many loose deliveries. Unlike Yasir, who maintains consistent line and strangles the opposition for long spells, Zafar hasn't been able to do that. But he is a guy worth investing in.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be part of the Test squad atleast for NZ.

Wouldn’t mind playing him and Shadab together in the Asia Cup also.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see him playing first class cricket again (return from injury).

1-21 vs ZBTL in the first innings.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Good to see him playing first class cricket again (return from injury).

1-21 vs ZBTL in the first innings.
    Zafar Gohar showing his quality in the second innings with 3-62 from 30 overs (12 maidens). Most pleasingly of all is he bowled a long spell so he is back to full fitness insha’Allah.

Must admit I am surprised he is still playing for Lahore Blues; they have a decent bowling line up but lack any depth to their batting.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows up his good start to the domestic season with a good performance in the first round of the Quaid-e-Azam One Day Cup:

3-26 from his 9.2 overs vs ZTBL to help his side win.
    Last edited by mak36; 7th September 2018 at 00:39.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Round two of the QeA Trophy vs PTV:

1-65 in the first innings yesterday and then was sent in at three as a nightwatchman. He had other ideas; has batted all day today to reach 67* (136). That's nearly four hours of batting!

He's his side's top scorer- let's see if he can get to three figures. Match is nicely posed.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see him doing well.He should be in the national squad. He is much better than nawaz and imad. He can actually turn the ball unlike these so called spinners.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will Inzi and the selection committee wake up and realise that Zafar is the best SLA option in Pak and move away from the likes of Nawaz, Imad and Asghar?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Would love to see him in the next test squad. We are desperate for a 2nd spinner in tests.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    When will Inzi and the selection committee wake up and realise that Zafar is the best SLA option in Pak and move away from the likes of Nawaz, Imad and Asghar?
    Tough for his, as long as Arthur in charge. Respect to his credibility as a top class Coach, he has inherited problems when it comes to pick spinners, particularly classical spinners who turns & flights. Nawaz & Imad are preferred over a genuine SLAO spinner only because they are perceived to be better bat. Last winter, Ul Haq did pick Asghar against SRL, but Arthur didn't play him - I can bet if it was Imad, or even Newaz, PAK would have gone with 2 spinners.

This is not only Arthur, I have seen from almost every English coach - Woolmer backed MoHa, Malik & Afridi over Arshad/Saq, Mushi, Kaneria for their batting & "tight" spin, while latest I see Rhodes has joined BD set up & Nazmul (Apu) is in ODI squad - I am almost certain, he'll start ahead of Miraj, though we already have another SLAO in Shakib. And, English cricket hardly mastered Leg spin over 150 years in either way.

Gohar should have been PAK regular as 2nd spinner since against WIN 2 years back, preferably in both formats. I give a full fit Imad the nod in T20, for his tight bowling and better batting ability.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Round two of the QeA Trophy vs PTV:

1-65 in the first innings yesterday and then was sent in at three as a nightwatchman. He had other ideas; has batted all day today to reach 67* (136). That's nearly four hours of batting!

He's his side's top scorer- let's see if he can get to three figures. Match is nicely posed.
    Finished on 76 (167).

Took 12-1-43-2 in the second innings (wickets of the two highest scorers, Umair Khan and Saud Shakeel).

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Round three vs Wapda QeA Trophy:

45.4-6-100-5

His side look like they will give Wapda a big lead so he will have a key role in the second innings.

Btw, looks like the move to three is a permanent one but he didn't do much this time.