Forfeit the match versus India in the T20 World Cup as a protest - hit them where it hurts


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 193
  1. #1
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    238
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Forfeit the match versus India in the T20 World Cup as a protest - hit them where it hurts

    I say this becoz its been a decade and ICC dont acknowledge our efforts for safety and security for touring teams, they just care about money, so hit them where it hurts.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    7,399
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will be a terrific move. Would salute pcb if they do it. Hopefully they do.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    2,532
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree. Totally a toothless institution .

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    40,009
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is self harm.

    India is no great T20 team. Crush them and go win the cup.

    This cowardly act by NZ is all political, Pakistan can use other methods against this small nation.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    6,593
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does not make any sense, even a school boy wont agree to that .

    we have to act and behave like a mature nation

  6. Google Ad Manager-
  7. #6
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,700
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Do it, stop letting them profit from you every time making you play India like you are a dancing monkey. Pull out of the match just before toss and make them understand there are consequences.

  8. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    34,095
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    About time we hold our own.

  9. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    1,811
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What can ICC do if NZ or any other member nation dont want to tour citing security reason? Its a slippery slope- they cannot guarantee personal safety for any team, nor can they force anybody to play for fear of being sued.

    Having said that, what ICC can do is have a clear reimbursement formula in such scenarios. Hope PCB was wise enough to take proper insurances else they are looking at huge losses

    I understand the sentiment, but such knee-jerk reactions will only isolate Pakistan more.

  10. #9
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    14,314
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with this. They make a mockery out of Pakistan when it comes to touring but then place us in the same group when it comes to ICC events because its a money spinner.

  11. #10
    Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    338
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I say this becoz its been a decade and ICC dont acknowledge our efforts for safety and security for touring teams, they just care about money, so hit them where it hurts.
    The only thing that will come out from this is India will be gifted 2 points.

  12. #11
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    6,615
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree.

    Hit them where it hurts, their pockets.

  13. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    11,319
    Mentioned
    1614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    PCB are a bunch of spineless cowards with zero self respect. They would never do that.

  14. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    15,393
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Fully support this. Kohli is a huge panauti and it's highly probable that the world cup streak can end under his captaincy. At least, it would remain alive if Pakistan forfeits and Kohli will be replaced as a captain after the tournament anyway.

  15. #14
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    238
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    This is self harm.

    India is no great T20 team. Crush them and go win the cup.

    This cowardly act by NZ is all political, Pakistan can use other methods against this small nation.
    it took decade plus of our work to make our reputation to host top 3 teams, but its gone now, we cant negotiate ICC with this mindset , they only understand the language of money, so teach them a lesson, surely we will loose couple of points, but thres no cost of Self respect . if you dont respect yourself thn other also wont do it .

  16. #15
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    28,298
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Fully support this. Kohli is a huge panauti and it's highly probable that the world cup streak can end under his captaincy. At least, it would remain alive if Pakistan forfeits and Kohli will be replaced as a captain after the tournament anyway.
    I thought the same damn

  17. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    34,095
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    it took decade plus of our work to make our reputation to host top 3 teams, but its gone now, we cant negotiate ICC with this mindset , they only understand the language of money, so teach them a lesson, surely we will loose couple of points, but thres no cost of Self respect . if you dont respect yourself thn other also wont do it .
    We will be left to fend on our own my friend. No one will lend as a helping hand. Need to be pragmatic here


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  18. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    18,692
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hopefully this happens


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  19. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    18,692
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Fully support this. Kohli is a huge panauti and it's highly probable that the world cup streak can end under his captaincy. At least, it would remain alive if Pakistan forfeits and Kohli will be replaced as a captain after the tournament anyway.
    had same thought


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  20. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forfeit? No. However, as we know that "intel" of threat to "players life" can come in at any time. If that happens then obviously lives of our players come first and there would be no option but, to opt out of any match in such a case whether its before the toss or just before the bowler or the batsmen are ready.

  21. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    20,091
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Will support this if it happens. WT20 is anyways pointless and just a money driven tournament.

    Looking forward to New Zealand touring India later in the year so we can take the revenge of our padosi brothers by whitewashing them 2-0.



  22. #21
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no easy recourse for PCB to retaliate without sustaining significant damage to itself. ICC is not going to penalise NZC because the cancellation was done on security grounds.

    In my opinion NZC is not a board which acts in bad faith and cancels tours at the last moment to embarrass the hosts, but they will always play it safe. They must have assessed the threat to be credible and acted to protect their players.

    But in this security climate, any minor outfit can start chatter about an attack without having any intention of following through. And intelligence sources pick up on that it gets amplified as it goes up the chain

  23. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    40,009
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    it took decade plus of our work to make our reputation to host top 3 teams, but its gone now, we cant negotiate ICC with this mindset , they only understand the language of money, so teach them a lesson, surely we will loose couple of points, but thres no cost of Self respect . if you dont respect yourself thn other also wont do it .
    I get your point.

    But beating India would hurt the Indians more.

    The better option is whoever doesnt tour, you dont tour them. When Pak tours NZ the crowd is decent, if they are replaced by Zim or Bang it will hurt NZ cricket.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  24. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,300
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd be a bold move. I wold love to see PCB stare down ICC for all the injustice. Just wearing black bands on sleeves won't make much noise.

    But PCB should also be prepared for repercussions. Not just in the tournament (2 points loss to India can be compensated by winning other games) but its relations with ICC and other boards in general.

    But it'd be gutsy move, will make the world notice.

  25. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,300
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I get your point.

    But beating India would hurt the Indians more.

    The better option is whoever doesnt tour, you dont tour them. When Pak tours NZ the crowd is decent, if they are replaced by Zim or Bang it will hurt NZ cricket.

    What has India got to do with anything? Sure, if there's any trace of Indian involvement in NZ pulling out of the series, go ahead with all the actions you're considering, but until then, why indulge in conspiracy theories?

  26. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    12
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First time feeling happy on the way kiwis lost the wc final to England....it is a high time to re watch that match and enjoy the agony of kiwis with revived emotions

  27. #26
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    5,404
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is like shooting yourself in the foot. Nothing can be gained from this. NZC or ICC cannot be blamed for this. This edict came from the govt. And ICC has acknowledged Pakistan's efforts on numerous occassions.

    This is not about security. That much is clear.

    This has larger geo-political imprints all over it. And the troubling thing is that this just might be the start.
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 17th September 2021 at 23:20.

  28. #27
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    735
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forfeit could have further repercussions for Pakistan team like being suspended or kicked out of the tournament .

  29. #28
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    2,378
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I say this becoz its been a decade and ICC dont acknowledge our efforts for safety and security for touring teams, they just care about money, so hit them where it hurts.
    Bad idea with zero benefits for Pakistan, it will only increase Pakistan's isolation. Be patient, Taliban are in the news now but soon they will be yesterday's news. NZ/Eng/SA/Aus players have all been coming here for PSL. This security excuse will ultimately go away.

  30. #29
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    40,009
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmaji View Post
    What has India got to do with anything? Sure, if there's any trace of Indian involvement in NZ pulling out of the series, go ahead with all the actions you're considering, but until then, why indulge in conspiracy theories?
    Its more than possible India is involved. We know it was India which has been conducting attacks in Pak for over a decade now. Their sadness of Taliban taking Afghanistan, may cause them to use other tactics against Pakistan. India still have a few cells in Pakistan , which wont last long now.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  31. #30
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have to keep emotions in check.
    PCB are not in a position to boycott tours or WC matches.

    IMO, PCB should ask NZC to provide proof of security threats....and if NZC fail to do it then PCB should sue them for compensation and demand an apology

  32. #31
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    16,259
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    lol. Sure go for it.

    Icc and nz cricket had nothing to do with it.

    Also bcci is a cricket running organization. It doesnt make foreign policies.

    Posters heres really dont understand organizations.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  33. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    9,610
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What did India do?

  34. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    3,255
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmaji View Post
    What has India got to do with anything? Sure, if there's any trace of Indian involvement in NZ pulling out of the series, go ahead with all the actions you're considering, but until then, why indulge in conspiracy theories?
    Its called Coping mechanism....blaming India is the easy route to hide the real issue. Though I understand most Pak fans are upset today and some of the posts are perhaps out of emotion. But the poster you quoted dont fall into the category of innocent cricket fan.

  35. #34
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,300
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What can I say to this. Its your opinion and you have every right to have one. I can understand where you're coming from. There's too much going on between our countries for seven decades now.

    I hope India is not involved in this particular incident though.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Its more than possible India is involved. We know it was India which has been conducting attacks in Pak for over a decade now. Their sadness of Taliban taking Afghanistan, may cause them to use other tactics against Pakistan. India still have a few cells in Pakistan , which wont last long now.

  36. #35
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,300
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Its called Coping mechanism....blaming India is the easy route to hide the real issue. Though I understand most Pak fans are upset today and some of the posts are perhaps out of emotion. But the poster you quoted dont fall into the category of innocent cricket fan.
    Yes, I can empathise with their pain. Whoever is behind this, it's just unfortunate what happened today.

  37. #36
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,102
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nope we go in there with purpose and fire, we are not backing out of this tournament. Don't shake hands with these traitors, go in there and give them a good whooping.

  38. #37
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,117
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Its more than possible India is involved. We know it was India which has been conducting attacks in Pak for over a decade now. Their sadness of Taliban taking Afghanistan, may cause them to use other tactics against Pakistan. India still have a few cells in Pakistan , which wont last long now.
    Mentality of guys like you cuz more problem for the country. We Indians have lot of other works to do instead of poking nose on others matter that too for meaning less ODI series.

  39. #38
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    34,137
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    This is like shooting yourself in the foot. Nothing can be gained from this. NZC or ICC cannot be blamed for this. This edict came from the govt. And ICC has acknowledged Pakistan's efforts on numerous occassions.

    This is not about security. That much is clear.

    This has larger geo-political imprints all over it. And the troubling thing is that this just might be the start.
    It would damage the tournament and all the countries taking part in the WC including NZ and the Big Three who will have been applauding the tour cancellation. Any wins would be cheapened by the absence of a major player in the tournament. It might be a hard pill to swallow but I can see the logic in it.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  40. #39
    Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    4,176
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now Iíve heard everything.

    Itís like shooting myself in the leg to give someone else a toothache. And saying - so there!

    As a lover of the sport Iíll be horrified if Pakistan does this. But as an Indian Iíll be laughing my head off.

    So yeah, about this forfeit thingie? So donít do it.
    Last edited by Cryin Out Loud; 17th September 2021 at 23:51.

  41. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    2,371
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Forfeit? No. However, as we know that "intel" of threat to "players life" can come in at any time. If that happens then obviously lives of our players come first and there would be no option but, to opt out of any match in such a case whether its before the toss or just before the bowler or the batsmen are ready.
    So this intel will come that there is a threat to certain players in UAE and security in UAE cannot be trusted. Is that what you mean?
    Imagine how UAE will take this news.
    I hope you never attempt to write a book on lines of Dale Carnegie " How to win friends and influence people"

  42. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    2,456
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So as a protest for Nzl cancelling a tour that has no significance from a super league points due to life threats , the solution is for Pakistan cricketers to boycott playing India in the WT20, give India free points, put their qualification in jeopardy and still play vs Nzl who cancelled the tour

    Ekkis topon ka salaam for this logic

  43. #42
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    40,009
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dravidthewall View Post
    Mentality of guys like you cuz more problem for the country. We Indians have lot of other works to do instead of poking nose on others matter that too for meaning less ODI series.
    Sure, Indians are innocent angels.

    As Pakistanis we have to keep an open mind here.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  44. #43
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    2,456
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Sure, Indians are innocent angels.
    In this situation, I would like to believe they are. If they arenít I would be surprised how they manage to pull this off as I have always been told on this forum RAW or Raa (as sheikh Rasheed saab calls it) is a halwa agency that has no stature.

  45. #44
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    1,379
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No never back down from a game..... Play and win.

  46. #45
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp812 View Post
    So this intel will come that there is a threat to certain players in UAE and security in UAE cannot be trusted. Is that what you mean?
    Imagine how UAE will take this news.
    I hope you never attempt to write a book on lines of Dale Carnegie " How to win friends and influence people"
    When your playerís lives are under threat do you really care how the host country takes that? Not really and do you want me to quote a recently example?

  47. #46
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,700
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    When your player’s lives are under threat do you really care how the host country takes that? Not really and do you want me to quote a recently example?
    You don't have a clue what's going on.

    The decision was made just before the toss for maximum effect. Boycott NZC

  48. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,386
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This will certainly teach ICC some lessons.


    It may even lead to collapse of icc conducted tournaments which are happening way too much. Cricket will be the winner.

  49. #48
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,888
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    You don't have a clue what's going on.

    The decision was made just before the toss for maximum effect. Boycott NZC
    Bro you missed the context. Kindly read the whole conversation

    My point is that if Pak opts out of Pak vs Ind contest due to the “intel” regarding Pak player’s lives in UAE due to security concerns then it would be fair as player’s lives come first.

  50. #49
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    348
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp812 View Post
    So this intel will come that there is a threat to certain players in UAE and security in UAE cannot be trusted. Is that what you mean?
    Imagine how UAE will take this news.
    I hope you never attempt to write a book on lines of Dale Carnegie " How to win friends and influence people"
    Are you a super troll? Or just lack perspective and comprehension?

  51. #50
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    16,806
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I say this becoz its been a decade and ICC dont acknowledge our efforts for safety and security for touring teams, they just care about money, so hit them where it hurts.
    No thanks. More than anything, such move will hurt Pakistan cricket.

    Lets not cry about it and let the neighbours mock us further.

  52. #51
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    2,456
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    This will certainly teach ICC some lessons.


    It may even lead to collapse of icc conducted tournaments which are happening way too much. Cricket will be the winner.
    That would make BCCI the winner lol. I mean even with ICC people say BCCI runs the show, just imagine with no other monitoring authority.
    I donít think Pakistan fans would prefer that either.

  53. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,386
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    That would make BCCI the winner lol. I mean even with ICC people say BCCI runs the show, just imagine with no other monitoring authority.
    I donít think Pakistan fans would prefer that either.
    No. Icc can stay alive as a rule making body. And to promote cricket in non-cricket nations. It can even represent cricket in Olympic committee.

    Nothing more. Maybe publish some rankings once in while or tweet some funny stuff. Wholesale stuff.

  54. #53
    Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the approach but you're firing at the wrong target. This decision came from the NZ govt., not their cricketers or board. So our govt. should retaliate by suspending all trade or even expelling their ambassador. That would send a strong message if we make an example out of the Kiwis.

  55. #54
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,080
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    That would make BCCI the winner lol. I mean even with ICC people say BCCI runs the show, just imagine with no other monitoring authority.
    I don’t think Pakistan fans would prefer that either.
    That will be a good move and NZL might collapse.

  56. #55
    Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    1,116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the world T20 wear black bands while playing. Do not shake hands with any team which has decided not to visit Pakistan. NZ , India or any other team.

  57. #56
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    It is believed that RAW is behind this.

    Some think BCCI did it to get viewership of Pakistan fans.
    Hilarious, IPL is banned in Pakistan while PSL was telecasted in India .

  58. #57
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,078
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB have no balls to do it .....


    The Griffins ....

  59. #58
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    3,198
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Will support this if it happens. WT20 is anyways pointless and just a money driven tournament.

    Looking forward to New Zealand touring India later in the year so we can take the revenge of our padosi brothers by whitewashing them 2-0.

    That tour will also be cancelled when NZ security detail find a cockroach outside the main gate of their hotel

  60. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    195
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad idea and certainly not a knee-jerk reaction, but rather a calculated strategy. ICC has failed to protect the interests of all boards and is instead a grouping of just 3.

    Pakistan should ascertain how much funds ICC generates from Pakistan and India clashes. In 2019, Star Sports earned 100 crore Indian rupees in just ads from Pakistan vs India match. Itís definitely a money generator and a big part of the appeal of ICC events.

    Pakistan should boycott and pay the ICC in kind, for failing to ensure fair treatment.

    In the long term, the best response will be a world beating Pakistan cricket team. The current meeks are neither respected nor feared by their peers. This has to change for the fortunes of Pakistan to change.

  61. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    267
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That will be a crazy move
    Won't help Pakistan by any means
    Instead take this insult as a motivation n beat the hell out of every team infront of you
    Have a strong feeling Pakistan will be a dangerous side in this T20 WC..Stage is set..

  62. #61
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    267
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And more than Ind vs Pak I am looking forward to Pak vs NZ game now...will be a game of the tournament for sure

  63. #62
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    2,371
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wajid View Post
    Are you a super troll? Or just lack perspective and comprehension?
    I just pointed out that by boycotting a WC match against India because NZ did whatever it did is not practical as it would make ICC happy. On top of it by saying UAE security is not good enough it will make UAE also unhappy which is as of now a friendly country.
    Can PCB afford to do that? What is the gain in it?

    If you think that is trolling or lack of comprehension , well I really have no clue how to respond

  64. #63
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    1,544
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree boycott and move on.

    Short term it will hurt us alot and long term it will probably mean less international pyjama cricket, as these tourneys rely on pak vs Ind fixtures.

    But what choice has the international cricket community left us...to all the folks saying "clean your house, fix your affairs,".... If NZ hadn't flown into the country to begin with then maybe that has some standing.
    This has politics written all over it.

  65. #64
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    4,626
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not just v India but whole tournament.

    Let's do it for once and all.


    Love for all hatred for none.

  66. #65
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    4,731
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hum ne kyaa kiya?

  67. #66
    Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    310
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The decision to abandon the tour anyway was met with frustration, disappointment and barely disclosed anger by the PCB. New PCB Chairman, Rambo Dada, tweeted: "Crazy day it has been! Feel so sorry for the fans and our players. Walking out of the tour by taking a unilateral approach on a security threat is very frustrating. Especially when it's not shared!! Which world is NZ living in??NZ will hear us at ICC."

  68. #67
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    18,155
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia are refusing to play Afghanistan because of the taliban's treatment of women.

    Similarly we can refuse to play India because of their treatment of Kashmiris.

  69. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    36,909
    Mentioned
    1910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Civil View Post
    I agree boycott and move on.

    Short term it will hurt us alot and long term it will probably mean less international pyjama cricket, as these tourneys rely on pak vs Ind fixtures.

    But what choice has the international cricket community left us...to all the folks saying "clean your house, fix your affairs,".... If NZ hadn't flown into the country to begin with then maybe that has some standing.
    This has politics written all over it.
    You will see that icc will do well without even pakistan. But pcb will not receive the 120mn it receives from ICC and other teams may boycott pakistan.

  70. #69
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    36,909
    Mentioned
    1910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 161 View Post
    Australia are refusing to play Afghanistan because of the taliban's treatment of women.

    Similarly we can refuse to play India because of their treatment of Kashmiris.
    Please go ahead.

  71. #70
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    422
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly! Sue the NZ government, or the NZ board or whatever. Half a billion people want to see this match.

  72. #71
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    422
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drubwrubnat View Post
    Exactly! Sue the NZ government, or the NZ board or whatever. Half a billion people want to see this match.
    Replied to @Mesozoic

  73. #72
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    1,118
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It would make an immense impact. The ICC has made it clear that they view Pakistani cricket as a commodity to be called on every tournament. We've been trying the nice approach for years, has it worked? It has not.
    No amount of money is worth sacrificing your self respect. Every other country pulls the political drama in cricket, India refuses to play Pakistan outside tournaments, Australia refuses to tour, now new Zealand did not just break Pakistan's reputation as a safe country for cricket, they willingly endangered Pakistan players and citizens by refusing to share intelligence about a potential attack on a Pakistani cricket match (it that's even true).
    As for the "it's a government matter, nzc can do nothing", has it ever occurred to any of you that someone was looking for an excuse? By getting the new Zealand government to send the order, it essentially shields bad faith actors in NZC from blame. There very well may have been a situation, but given they tried to hide behind the British High Commission, which contradicted the statement of New Zealand, it's rather obvious this was politically motivated

  74. #73
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Hanover Park
    Runs
    2,764
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something like this would only make sense if you have confirmed info that it was caused by India.
    One way this could be possible is nz pull out due to which eng pull out due to which their star players return back to play full ipl. Sounds a bit crazy but anything is possible

  75. #74
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    20,091
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Aren't Pakistan in the same group as India and New Zealand both?

    Oh dear! They should basically fortfiet both the matches. That may hurt ICC though.

  76. #75
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    20,091
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oligochaetes View Post
    That tour will also be cancelled when NZ security detail find a cockroach outside the main gate of their hotel
    Who will cancel? NZ board? No chance.

    The NZ cricketers were playing in IPL few months ago when COVID was at its peak.

  77. #76
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    22,708
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Even if they forfeit, let it be known that the streak moves from 12-0 to 13-0.

  78. #77
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    15,973
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing to gain but everything to lose by refusing to play.

    If any side should refuse it is India. They're the ones who refuse to play bi laterals.

    Anyway, by not playing the game we'll only be isolating ourselves even more.

    When there are two paths in front of you always take the high road.

  79. #78
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    5,953
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Aren't Pakistan in the same group as India and New Zealand both?

    Oh dear! They should basically fortfiet both the matches. That may hurt ICC though.
    Nah! go out and smash them instead. Asif Ali, now's your chance.

  80. #79
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    853
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just b4 toss pull out due to safety concerns

  81. #80
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    39,874
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I like the approach but you're firing at the wrong target. This decision came from the NZ govt., not their cricketers or board. So our govt. should retaliate by suspending all trade or even expelling their ambassador. That would send a strong message if we make an example out of the Kiwis.
    This I support.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •