On This Day: Sep 26, 2009 - Pakistan beat India in the ICC Champions Trophy - Page 2


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 147 of 147
  1. #81
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,108
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    As for Aamir, only highlight of his career which everyone won't ever forget is that unbelievably big overstepping he did on that fateful day. Now this is something which I'm dead certain about.
    Don't forget the ball of the century to Johnson

    Also that no ball actually gets sympathy more than anything..


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  2. #82
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Hm.. a 17 year old with a promising future dismissing one of the greatest batsmen of all time... or a good run out?

    You tell me.
    So? Are great batsmen not allowed to get out to a 17-year old upcoming talent?

    Tendulkar has gifted his wicket to many a upcoming talents over his long career. Aamir wasn't the last one to do so and I'm sure won't be the last one as well.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also that no ball actually gets sympathy more than anything..
    Only from a very miniscule portion of your ilk.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,108
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    So? Are great batsmen not allowed to get out to a 17-year old upcoming talent?

    Tendulkar has gifted his wicket to many a upcoming talents over his long career. Aamir wasn't the last one to do so and I'm sure won't be the last one as well.
    Yeah that was certainly a 'gift'

    Sachin must be in a very generous mood he's been giving 'gifts' to everyone of late.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  5. #85
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,108
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Also I remember Piyush Chawla getting a massive wrap for bowling Sachin in a domestic game...


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  6. Google Ad Manager-
  7. #86
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Hm.. a 17 year old with a promising future dismissing one of the greatest batsmen of all time... or a good run out?

    You tell me.
    Obviously that was a good delivery to get Tendulkar out. Tendulkar couldn't do much about that, he was probably in two minds, and ball moved away from him late and took the edge.. good stuff.
    Last edited by tempus123; 26th September 2013 at 18:06.

  8. #87
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Also I remember Piyush Chawla getting a massive wrap for bowling Sachin in a domestic game...
    See, you scored a self goal here.

    Just because a bowler has dismissed Tendulkar early in his career doesn't guarantee that he'll go on to become a great. See where Chawla is nowadays despite such a 'promising' start to his career.

    Likewise for Aamir, whose case for greatness is reminded by you from every possible rooftop despite him doing nothing much in his extremely short career except for 2 tests on wickets which were tailormade for fast bowling.

    2 tests are not enough to judge one's greatness.

  9. #88
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    So? Are great batsmen not allowed to get out to a 17-year old upcoming talent?

    Tendulkar has gifted his wicket to many a upcoming talents over his long career. Aamir wasn't the last one to do so and I'm sure won't be the last one as well.
    Gifted ? lol.. one of the most absurd explanations I heard of about getting beaten by the ball so comprehensively. Of course you have no problem stating your own assumptions as "facts" while you criticise others for doing so.
    Last edited by tempus123; 26th September 2013 at 18:10.

  10. #89
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    13,360
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tendulkar gifting his wicket, get a life trolls.

    That wicket was earned by Aamir because the ball was an off-cutter, and moved off the pitch.

  11. #90
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,339
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tempus123 View Post
    Gifted ? lol.. one of the most absurd explanations I heard of about getting beaten by the ball so comprehensively. Of course you have no problem stating your own assumptions as "facts" while you criticise others for doing so.
    If this theory of Sachin gifting his wicket is true thn it's going to backfire you know, Someone can say whenever Sachin scored thn the bowler and fielders gifted those runs in a plate?


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  12. #91
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    If this theory of Sachin gifting his wicket is true thn it's going to backfire you know, Someone can say whenever Sachin scored thn the bowler and fielders gifted those runs in a plate?
    Gifting term can be used, when the batsman played a rash shot he had no need to play (Aamer Sohail in 1996 WC) .. but getting beaten by late swing and edging it to keeper is.. well .. let's just say Tendulkar would have wanted to avoid it on Aamir's birthday even..

    You can still call it a gift though considering a keeper like Kamran Akmal caught it .. great diving catch by him.. he used to take beauties while dropping sitters.
    Last edited by tempus123; 26th September 2013 at 18:37.

  13. #92
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    24,343
    Mentioned
    1075 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    On This Day September 26, 2009: Pakistan beat India in the ICC Champions Trophy

    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    Please change the title of this thread to On this day...Rawal coughed non-stop the whole day!
    I wanted the same but the fellow moderators didn't allow.


    "It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

  14. #93
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,339
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHONI183 View Post
    I wanted the same but the fellow moderators didn't allow.
    We can create a thread about that in timepass section


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  15. #94
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has traditionally been much better ODI team than India, and Champions Trophy they have continued that record.

  16. #95
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tempus123 View Post
    You can still call it a gift though considering a keeper like Kamran Akmal caught it .. great diving catch by him.. he used to take beauties while dropping sitters.
    Finally you got something right.

  17. #96
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    If this theory of Sachin gifting his wicket is true thn it's going to backfire you know, Someone can say whenever Sachin scored thn the bowler and fielders gifted those runs in a plate?
    What a logic to equate 35K runs with some cheap wickets taken by some upcoming bowlers!! Not surprised though.

  18. #97
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    Finally you got something right.
    Thanks for the acknowledgement mate.. my CV wouldn't complete without an approval from you.

  19. #98
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I see Aamir's biggest ever fan is yet to reply.

  20. #99
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tempus123 View Post
    my CV wouldn't complete without an approval from you.
    Goes without saying.

  21. #100
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    So I see Aamir's biggest ever fan is yet to reply.
    Who ? Kiwi ?


  22. #101
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    What a logic to equate 35K runs with some cheap wickets taken by some upcoming bowlers!! Not surprised though.
    So you still stick to the point that Tendulkar "gifted" his wicket to Amir ? Why ? Amir had his birthday then ?

  23. #102
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,339
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    What a logic to equate 35K runs with some cheap wickets taken by some upcoming bowlers!! Not surprised though.
    Just like that gifting wicket was a very solid logic. When you give logic like that you can expect same in exchange.


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  24. #103
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So 1 off incident is equivalent to happenings in a career spanning over 2 decades. Good logic in exchange, lol.

  25. #104
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    So 1 off incident is equivalent to happenings in a career spanning over 2 decades. Good logic in exchange, lol.
    When you start the absurd logic, no one knows where or how big it can end up.

  26. #105
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,339
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    So 1 off incident is equivalent to happenings in a career spanning over 2 decades. Good logic in exchange, lol.
    ok Mr Logical i accept Sachin is a very humble person and he love to gift his wickets to 17 years old guys like Aamir and to guys like Lyon Warne and Afridi Murlitheran number of times in Tests.


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  27. #106
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    ok Mr Logical i accept Sachin is a very humble person and he love to gift his wickets to 17 years old guys like Aamir and to guys like Lyon Warne and Afridi Murlitheran number of times in Tests.
    You seem to be rattled. OK, I concede my point.

  28. #107
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,339
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    You seem to be rattled. OK, I concede my point.
    Don't worry these posts will stay here so others can see the Logics!


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  29. #108
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    You seem to be rattled. OK, I concede my point.
    It was an absurd point to begin with, it was funny to see that you held on to it for so long. Of course, if it were done by a Pakistani team fan for a Pakistani great, you would have jumped guns at him.

    Care to look at your own posts once in a while ?
    Last edited by tempus123; 27th September 2013 at 12:33.

  30. #109
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tempus123 View Post
    It was an absurd point to begin with, it was funny to see that you held on to it for so long.
    Says who? Whose every other post is absurdest of absurd?

  31. #110
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it were done by a Pakistani team fan for a Pakistani great, you would have jumped guns at him.
    lol, another assumption. You seem to know a lot more.

    Stop brown nosing others for once. Say what you think is right and not assume anything on anyone else's behalf.

  32. #111
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    Says who? Whose every other post is absurdest of absurd?

  33. #112
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,339
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tempus123 View Post
    You know tempus i just calculated and i am still in shock Sachin gifted his wicket 700+ times in international cricket. I know he is a very kind and humble person but this is something new for me 700+ times!


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  34. #113
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    1,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 years on and the celebrations of winning a match against India is still on. This when Pakistan didn't even win the cup. Wow! Good luck guys.

    Meanwhile, India won a WC and a Champions trophy. Small matter.

  35. #114
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    You know tempus i just calculated and i am still in shock Sachin gifted his wicket 700+ times in international cricket. I know he is a very kind and humble person but this is something new for me 700+ times!
    Great players are great givers of gifts.. Remember the 2011 WC SF.. he tried to gift his wicket, but Pakistani fielders said no.

  36. #115
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pungi View Post
    4 years on and the celebrations of winning a match against India is still on. This when Pakistan didn't even win the cup. Wow! Good luck guys.

    Meanwhile, India won a WC and a Champions trophy. Small matter.
    Indians remember 1996 WC QF too.. did they win the WC then ? By that logic, only 1983/2011 WC you should remember..what about 2003 encounter when Sachin hit 98 ? I would like to see your informed comments in those threads which praise Tendulkar's that innnings of 98 endlessly.
    Last edited by tempus123; 27th September 2013 at 13:12.

  37. #116
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pungi View Post
    4 years on and the celebrations of winning a match against India is still on. This when Pakistan didn't even win the cup. Wow! Good luck guys.

    Meanwhile, India won a WC and a Champions trophy. Small matter.
    lol, this.

    To celebrate a victory even when you didn't even enter into the final of that tourney. Some people of weird ways!!

  38. #117
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    lol, this.

    To celebrate a victory even when you didn't even enter into the final of that tourney. Some people of weird ways!!
    Yes sure, as if you never heard of Indian fans celebrating 1996 QF victory, or 1992 WC victory against Pak.

    BTW, India won 2 matches out of 8 they played in 1992 WC.. one against Pak and the other against Zim..

    India was out of the SF race even before they played their last round..

  39. #118
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tempus123 View Post
    Indians remember 1996 WC QF too.. did they win the WC then ? By that logic, only 1983/2011 WC you should remember..what about 2003 encounter when Sachin hit 98 ? I would like to see your informed comments in those threads which praise Tendulkar's that innnings of 98 endlessly.
    Only someone like you could compare WC games with that some obscure CT game. Hell, we didn't even celebrate our win over Pakistan in CT earlier this year. And that came some months back not 4 years back.

  40. #119
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,339
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tempus123 View Post
    Indians remember 1996 WC QF too.. did they win the WC then ? By that logic, only 1983/2011 WC you should remember..what about 2003 encounter when Sachin hit 98 ? I would like to see your informed comments in those threads which praise Tendulkar's that innnings of 98 endlessly.
    This


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  41. #120
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    You know tempus i just calculated and i am still in shock Sachin gifted his wicket 700+ times in international cricket. I know he is a very kind and humble person but this is something new for me 700+ times!
    Now this is the logicest ever thing which has ever been said by anyone in mankind.

  42. #121
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    Only someone like you could compare WC games with that some obscure CT game. Hell, we didn't even celebrate our win over Pakistan in CT earlier this year. And that came some months back not 4 years back.
    1992 WC came some 20 years ago.. and I am sure there will be a thread on that when the anniversary comes around..and that was no important match either.. it was not SF/Final..
    Last edited by tempus123; 27th September 2013 at 13:19.

  43. #122
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,339
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    Now this is the logicest ever thing which has ever been said by anyone in mankind.
    No this is the biggest charity done by someone in cricket history!


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  44. #123
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    lol Pak fans remember them more than we do. And in any case, you'd have to be extremely naive to equate that WC game with a CT game.
    This thread is about CT.. so we are talking about CT.. not sure what you mean at all..

  45. #124
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    lol Pak fans remember them more than we do. And in any case, you'd have to be extremely naive to equate that WC game with a CT game.
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    lol, more assumptions. As I advised quit brown nosing for once and start making sense for once.
    Yeah right.. more assumptions.. when will you stop making fool of yourself ?

  46. #125
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,339
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tempus123 View Post
    1992 WC came some 20 years ago.. and I am sure there will be a thread on that when the anniversary comes around..
    Don't know how many threads are created for indian matches/player performances to remember on that day in history in this forum but a recent one was about that tied Test match vs Australia before 27 years and i created that thread if you remember and thn someone created a thread about 2007 T20 victory also before a few days no one complained and i didn't see a single comment by a Pakistani in that thread against India

    Here are those thread:
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh....php?p=6117659
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...d.php?t=186687

    I just don't know why some people are so narrow minded. We are here because of cricket but we can't appreciate others in a good way. What's the purpose of a sports if we can't celebrate our victories and appreciate others victories.
    Last edited by WebGuru; 27th September 2013 at 13:27.


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  47. #126
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    So you don't have anything to say when painted in a corner and start abusing me. Not entirely unexpected from someone of your ilk.

    lol, how many anniversary threads have you seen for that WC '92 game? lol at your 'thought process'.
    I have said enough.. do I need say more to point how you make ridiculous posts like Tendulkar gifting his wicket.. ?

    There will be a thread created, and no one will object to it about 1992 WC.. people like you who have problem with victory of Pakistan being celebrated after 4 years have to learn it the hard way.. this thread will stay here.

    I have no problem with any thread which celebrates 1992 WC victory either.. and most probably I will create it if I remember the date and I am here on PP then..
    Last edited by tempus123; 27th September 2013 at 13:32.

  48. #127
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you cited 2 threads. One which had only the 2nd test that was ever tied, rarest of rare occasions when you see more than 2K tests have been played till date. Its already very rare for a test to get tied.

    And in any case, India has been defeated what 70-odd times by Pakistan in their history?

    As for T20 cup, that was the first tourney in that format with India winning the final of the event.

    Great logic to equate these 3 events.

    PS; Nobody could stop you from creating threads after threads, you may create as many as you may please.

  49. #128
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be a thread created, and no one will object to it about 1992 WC.. people like you who have problem with victory of Pakistan being celebrated after 4 years have to learn it the hard way.. the thread will stay here.
    So you're basically hallucinating. Something which is yet to happen, has already happened in your weird little mind.

    As for me having problem with Pakistan, for once stop brown nosing. Although if it hasn’t yet embarrassed you, it never will.

  50. #129
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    6,795
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    So you cited 2 threads. One which had only the 2nd test that was ever tied, rarest of rare occasions when you see more than 2K tests have been played till date. Its already very rare for a test to get tied.

    And in any case, India has been defeated what 70-odd times by Pakistan in their history?

    As for T20 cup, that was the first tourney in that format with India winning the final of the event.

    Great logic to equate these 3 events.

    PS; Nobody could stop you from creating threads after threads, you may create as many as you may please.
    I am not sure what is your problem.. one sees many threads here which celebrate/talk about the anniversary of player's debuts also.. no one objects to them.. despite the fact that Shabbir Ahmed debuting is no big deal..

    If you don't like the purpose of the thread, don't post here.. there are other threads which you can post in.
    Last edited by tempus123; 27th September 2013 at 13:37.

  51. #130
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,339
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    So you cited 2 threads. One which had only the 2nd test that was ever tied, rarest of rare occasions when you see more than 2K tests have been played till date. Its already very rare for a test to get tied.

    And in any case, India has been defeated what 70-odd times by Pakistan in their history?

    As for T20 cup, that was the first tourney in that format with India winning the final of the event.

    Great logic to equate these 3 events.
    Carry on man i know how to appreciate others it's not a war where you always want to win it's a sport where stupid people like me love to watch performance of players even if they are playing against my own team i can stay whole day in front of TV if Imran is bowling against Viv and Viv is dominating.

    I would love to watch Lara making hundreds after hundreds against bowlers like Wasim/Waqar and i would love to watch Laxman/Sachin playing in Australia against McGrath with a solid defense.


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  52. #131
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    21,339
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tempus123 View Post
    I have no problem with any thread which celebrates 1992 WC victory either.. and most probably I will create it if I remember the date and I am here on PP then..
    Here is the thread about 1992 WC http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...d.php?t=175119


    Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

  53. #132
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    Carry on man i know how to appreciate others it's not a war where you always want to win it's a sport where stupid people like me love to watch performance of players even if they are playing against my own team i can stay whole day in front of TV if Imran is bowling against Viv and Viv is dominating.

    I would love to watch Lara making hundreds after hundreds against bowlers like Wasim/Waqar and i would love to watch Laxman/Sachin playing in Australia against McGrath with a solid defense.
    Cheers for that.

  54. #133
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    44,846
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Really like the Champions Trophy why has it been scrapped

  55. #134
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the last few popular games where cricket was not an Indian dead track carnival.

  56. #135
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    6,596
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malik comes clutch against India.

  57. #136
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    22,708
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Anybody remember we were playing Dravid in this game?

  58. #137
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,775
    Mentioned
    767 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It was a terrific performance by Pakistan. Interesting though for those who defend ajmal was that ajmal bowled a ball at around 120 kmph which really surprised dravid. Interesting action !

  59. #138
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    162,962
    Mentioned
    2881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    One of those rare occasions,


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  60. #139
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    162,962
    Mentioned
    2881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  61. #140
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    85,839
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Those were the days.

    Nowadays our heroes get scared at just the thought of playing against India.



  62. #141
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,700
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I've never seen a better batting performance during the middle overs (20-40) from any team ever.

    Malik and Yousuf were simply majestic and Harbhajan was taken to the cleaners. How many cut shots did they play that day?
    High praise for Shoaib

  63. #142
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,952
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I absolutely have no memory of cricket that happened between 2008-2010. I can remember stuff from before that. But not those years. Maybe because my life revolved around impressing a girl during those days.

  64. #143
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    162,962
    Mentioned
    2881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  65. #144
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    17,043
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a fantastic game.

    Amir was on fire if I remember correctly.


    Bangladeshi Man

  66. #145
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    34,095
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    It was a fantastic game.

    Amir was on fire if I remember correctly.
    He picked up Tendulkar. So much promise at such a young age.

  67. #146
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    34,095
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That innings by Shoaib Malik was sublime. One of the best ever ODI innings in Pakistan’s history

  68. #147
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    15,973
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    That innings by Shoaib Malik was sublime. One of the best ever ODI innings in Pakistan’s history
    He was known as the Indian basher after that innings. Got him plenty of mileage and rightly so

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •