Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Khazmat chimaev will fight a ranked fighter for the first time next month i think. Lets see if he really is as deadly as he was against unranked fighters.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Conor McGregor is coming out of retirement again.

He'll return to the octagon in January for a second fight with Dustin Poirier.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Khazmat chimaev will fight a ranked fighter for the first time next month i think. Lets see if he really is as deadly as he was against unranked fighters.
    Man, Leon Edwards is amazing, and I'm not just saying that because he's a local boy. Khamzat is obviously very good, but I favour Leon in this one.

Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubs View Post
    Man, Leon Edwards is amazing, and I'm not just saying that because he's a local boy. Khamzat is obviously very good, but I favour Leon in this one.
    It's gonna be an amazing fight but Hamza looks like a top prospect he is gonna be a double champ in the future he has it in him to succeed at this level.Hamza is just not a hype job he is the real deal.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by choudhary6964 View Post
    It's gonna be an amazing fight but Hamza looks like a top prospect he is gonna be a double champ in the future he has it in him to succeed at this level.Hamza is just not a hype job he is the real deal.
    Definitely not a hypejob, even though the competition hasn't been super-high quality, he KO'D GM3 (a decent fighter) in 17 seconds, and has shown high-level wrestling. Definitely a very good fighter, but Leon has been in there with good opponents and beaten them (Dos Anjos, Nelson, Luque, and Cerrone), I think it makes sense to have him as the favourite.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Newly crowned UFC flyweight champion Deiveson Figueiredo made his first title defence in impressive fashion in the main event of UFC 255.

The 32-year-old, who captured the vacant title with victory over long-time contender Joseph Benavidez in July, needed fewer than two minutes to submit American Alex Perez in the headline bout at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.

Figueiredo and Perez both started quickly as the pair traded powerful strikes early on before the American attempted to take the fight to the canvas.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/mixed-martial-arts/55033567

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am neutral in this one. Leon is terrific. If Khamzat is able to defeat him and then follows it up with some more good wins, only then i'll become a fan. As of now, i'm really just an observer.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Definitely not a hypejob, even though the competition hasn't been super-high quality, he KO'D GM3 (a decent fighter) in 17 seconds, and has shown high-level wrestling. Definitely a very good fighter, but Leon has been in there with good opponents and beaten them (Dos Anjos, Nelson, Luque, and Cerrone), I think it makes sense to have him as the favourite.
    Would agree with you on that. Not sure who I would back if I was putting money on it, but Edwards has been blowing away some really top guys. I think Chimaev might be taking on Edwards too soon, Leon is really polished in all departments. Will be one hell of a fight though, you would fancy Khamzat against just about everyone else.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quite an interesting main card tonight in UFC 256 between Figuieredo who looks unstoppable at the moment in the flyweight bout against Brandon Moreno. The experts seem to think Figuieredo is unstoppable right now, but I like the look of Brandon Moreno. If I was a betting man I might stick a few quid on Moreno if the odds are good enough.

Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Overrated Tony got beaten badly but people think he would have beaten Habib.Habib is the GOAT.No one can beat him in lightweight and not even in welterweight.

Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hamza is very very good people don't know yet but they will soon.Leon is on a streak and terrific but I think Hamza will beat him.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UFC 256: Deiveson Figueiredo retains title after fight with Brandon Moreno ruled majority draw

UFC flyweight champion Deiveson Figueiredo retained his title with a thrilling majority-draw decision against Brandon Moreno in the main event of UFC 256 in Las Vegas.

Brazil's Figueiredo, 32, and Mexico's Moreno, 27, engaged in a wild, back-and-forth battle as the two 125lb fighters fought all the way to the judges' scorecards after five breathless rounds at the UFC Apex.

Figueiredo was bidding to complete his second title defence in the space of 21 days after his first-round finish of Alex Perez at UFC 255 in November.

But despite loading up with heavy-handed strikes throughout the bout, he was unable to trouble the iron chin of the challenger, who continued to fire back with shots of his own, and appeared to hold the advantage in the wrestling exchanges through the contest.

After two all-action rounds, a thumping kick to the groin by Figueiredo left Moreno down on the canvas for two minutes, with referee Jason Herzog penalising the champion with a point-deduction.

That sanction ultimately prevented Figueiredo from claiming the outright victory on the scorecards, with one judge scoring the fight 48-46 to Figueiredo, while the other two judges tendering 47-47 scores to confirm the result as a majority draw.

Figueiredo's title defence capped off a remarkable year for the former bricklayer and motorcycle taxi rider, who captured the UFC's 125lb title with a first-round submission of Joseph Benavidez in July, then made the first defence of his title with another first-round submission, against Perez, last month.

Remarkably, after that victory at UFC 255, UFC president Dana White declared that the promotion would keep Figueiredo in Las Vegas so he could complete a three-week turnaround and face Moreno in the main event at UFC 256.

It meant Figueiredo broke the UFC record for the shortest gap between title defences, lowering the previous mark of 56 days to just 21, and while the fight may not have produced a decisive result, the match-up was hailed online as one of the best fights of 2020, while White told the fighters immediately after the bout that it was the best flyweight fight in UFC history.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/mixed-martial-arts/55292197

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Wow what a title fight! Moreno is a warrior, right up until the last few seconds I thought he had won. A little flurry of punches at the end probably just scraped him a draw. I think he was down before that. He's like the terminator, just keeps on slugging but Moreno took all the shots and kept blasting back. I think he's my new favourite fighter after Khabib.

On the co main event, Oliveira looked great, really coming into his prime now in a stacked Lightweight division full of stars. Ferguson has been one of the greats but at 36 and two defeats in a row you wonder if he is coming to the end. But maybe he just ran into the wrong guy at the wrong time. If Khabib is truly retired Oliveira looks like a real contender for the belt.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Wow what a title fight! Moreno is a warrior, right up until the last few seconds I thought he had won. A little flurry of punches at the end probably just scraped him a draw. I think he was down before that. He's like the terminator, just keeps on slugging but Moreno took all the shots and kept blasting back. I think he's my new favourite fighter after Khabib.

On the co main event, Oliveira looked great, really coming into his prime now in a stacked Lightweight division full of stars. Ferguson has been one of the greats but at 36 and two defeats in a row you wonder if he is coming to the end. But maybe he just ran into the wrong guy at the wrong time. If Khabib is truly retired Oliveira looks like a real contender for the belt.
    Moreno is an absolute beast! It was such a close fight but with 1 point being deducated from the champ, I gave it to the Mexican. Loved his interview too, so humble and smily. Rematch will also be epic and imo Moreno will be champ.

Oliveria produced the most perfect performance of the year. Tony is spent now but was played around with like a schoolboy. But credit to Tony for not tapping when his arm was nearly snapped into two.

Khabib v Oliveria would be a good fight, he will pose the GOAT the greatest challenge he's ever had.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Moreno is an absolute beast! It was such a close fight but with 1 point being deducated from the champ, I gave it to the Mexican. Loved his interview too, so humble and smily. Rematch will also be epic and imo Moreno will be champ.

Oliveria produced the most perfect performance of the year. Tony is spent now but was played around with like a schoolboy. But credit to Tony for not tapping when his arm was nearly snapped into two.

Khabib v Oliveria would be a good fight, he will pose the GOAT the greatest challenge he's ever had.
    I don't think enough people realise what a great champ Figueiredo is. He's been smashing everyone for the last few years, he hits seriously hard for a flyweight. Moreno's head must be made of stone, he even took a kick flush to the head and kept right on coming. I know what you mean about his character, I watched his last fight against Royval who himself is a top class fighter, and after that I quite fancied him to win against Figueiredo. I think if the judges really deducted a point for the foul then they should have given the decision to Moreno. A draw was probably a fair result otherwise.

Would be interesting to see a fight between Oliveira and Khabib assuming he comes back from retirement. Khabib has knocked over the best of the best, every time you think someone will give him a serious challenge, he just overwhelms them. What would make this fight interesting is that Oliveira himself is a master at grappling. Tony Ferguson himself is no mug on the floor but Oliveira absolutely schooled him.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morano has so much heart after taking a beating in the first couple rounds and getting low blowed he came back wonderfully in the fight. The rematch should be very good to watch.

I dont think Olivera stands a chance with khabib tbh the only reason people were intrigued with Tony vs Khabib was because of Tony's ability to fight off his back which was massively overrated after what we witnessed against Olivera. The LW divison is so interesting now since khabib is gone let's see what the future holds.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal_103 View Post
    Morano has so much heart after taking a beating in the first couple rounds and getting low blowed he came back wonderfully in the fight. The rematch should be very good to watch.

I dont think Olivera stands a chance with khabib tbh the only reason people were intrigued with Tony vs Khabib was because of Tony's ability to fight off his back which was massively overrated after what we witnessed against Olivera. The LW divison is so interesting now since khabib is gone let's see what the future holds.
    Nobody stands a chance against Khabib atm but Oliveria is a great grappler. It just would be nice to see someone challenge him on the floor. Khabib will return imo as Dana will offer him a partnerhsip with his new EagleFC, taking some of his fighters to the UFC. This will make Khabib agree to a return.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Conor McGregor returns to the octagon for the first time in 12 months when he fights Dustin Poirier at UFC 257 on Abu Dhabi's Fight Island on Saturday.

Venue: Fight Island, Abu Dhabi Date: Sunday, 24 January Time: Main card from 03:00 GMT

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4737 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    In my neighbourhood they call Mcgregor a Kukar

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hooker v Chandler will be a great fight.

If Dustin can take it to the later rounds, 3,4 & 5, he has a great chance to beat Connor. McGregor is the most overated combat star atm.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to this card, though I'm unsure if I'll be able to stay up as I've been doing all-nighters lately because of deadlines.

Chandler really needs to put on a good performance for all the stuff he has been saying, such as how he'd be a bad matchup for Khabib (the greatest UFC LW ever, with BJ Penn probably at #2). I doubt he gets past the pressure of Hooker, as we've seen him hurt in Bellator by much smaller men (Pitbull for one, despite him being a savage is much lighter than Hooker).

I really like Dustin, but I don't think he can get past Conor. He gets hit too much, and Conor hits too hard. Dustin is good on the ground, but not great, and I doubt he'll take it there. If Conor gasses, Dustin has a chance obviously, but Conor is now likely the best LW in the world now that Khabib has retired. Should Conor win, I'd love for Holloway to move up and have a rematch! His performance last week was amazing, and I think he has a good shot against Conor now.

Rest of the card is quite weak, Rountree is a good fighter and fun to watch, but I don't really know much about his opponent. Heard of Tavares, but never seen him fight. Makhmud Maradov is an Uzbek fighter fighting out of Eastern Europe, fighters from that part of the world are usually very tough so that should be a good fight.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Poirier wins in round 2

McGregor is all smiles following the fight and there's a nice show of respect between the two fighters.

Poirier has his revenge seven years after defeat to McGregor.

An incredible performance from the Diamond

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 upsets, in the co-main and main, wow.

Chandler looked pretty good, explosive finish that no one expected.

Dustin boxed beautifully, got a nice takedown too. Conor boxed well, hurt Dustin a few times, but didn't check any leg kicks at all, which contributed to his demise. Amazing toughness and resilience by Poirier, we can't imagine how hard it must be to rematch a big puncher who KO'd you previously, and put on a fearless performance like that.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh boy Mcgregor is going downhill fast!!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Former two-weight world champion Conor McGregor was left stunned on his return to the UFC as Dustin Poirier claimed victory in their rematch at UFC 257.

McGregor came out of retirement for a third time to face fellow 32-year-old Poirier at Abu Dhabi's Fight Island.

And although the Irishman edged the first round, Poirier unleashed a flurry of punches to seal a technical knockout two minutes 32 seconds into round two.

"I'm gutted, it's a tough one to swallow," said McGregor.

"His leg kicks were good, my leg was dead and I wasn't as comfortable as I needed to be. I have to dust it off and come back."

Poirier admitted McGregor had won the mind games before they stepped into the octagon for their first clash - a featherweight bout in September 2014 - and the American was stopped inside 106 seconds.

That set "the Notorious" on course for global stardom. He became the UFC's first simultaneous two-weight champion before facing Floyd Mayweather in one of the richest bouts in boxing history in 2017.

Conor McGregor punches Dustin Poirier during their rematch at UFC 257
    McGregor now has a 22-5 mixed martial arts record having lost three of his past six UFC fights
    Despite having just two UFC fights since, losing to Khabib Nurmagomedov in 2018 and beating Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone in 40 seconds last January, McGregor seemed to start well.

He survived an early takedown in front of about 2,000 fans at the 18,000-capacity Etihad Arena, opened before the UFC's third stint on Fight Island, and pinned Poirier against the fence for most of the first round, landing a few shoulder strikes like those that did so much damage against Cerrone.

McGregor said before the fight that, although he has achieved fame and fortune, he is still motivated to build a "highlights reel like a movie" in the UFC, and he tagged Poirier with a couple of right-hand shots.

But the American southpaw replied with a series of leg kicks, before pouncing on McGregor midway through the second round to take his record to 27-6.

"We're 1-1 - maybe we have to do it again," said Poirier afterwards. "The goal was to be technical, pick my shots and not brawl at all. Then I had him hurt so I went a little crazy."

What now for McGregor?
    Since beating McGregor in 2018, Nurmagomedov won unification bouts against Poirier and Justin Gaethje to maintain his unbeaten record, announcing his retirement immediately after beating Gaethje in October.

Nurmagomedov's lightweight title is yet to be vacated and UFC president Dana White said this week that the Russian may consider returning for a rematch with McGregor or Poirier if he "saw something spectacular".

But speaking after UFC 257, White said: "He said to me, 'be honest with yourself, I'm so many levels above these guys. I've beaten these guys'. I don't know, but it doesn't sound very positive."

Frustrated at White's attempts to find him a fight during the global Covid-19 pandemic, McGregor retired for a third time in June, saying he was "bored of the game".

However, in September he said he would return for another big-money boxing crossover against Manny Pacquiao, with the Filipino eight-weight world champion's special assistant confirming talks had begun.

And shortly before UFC 257's main event, Pacquaio posted on social media: "Good luck tonight Conor! Let's make 2021 the best year ever for fight fans."

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    2 upsets, in the co-main and main, wow.

Chandler looked pretty good, explosive finish that no one expected.

Dustin boxed beautifully, got a nice takedown too. Conor boxed well, hurt Dustin a few times, but didn't check any leg kicks at all, which contributed to his demise. Amazing toughness and resilience by Poirier, we can't imagine how hard it must be to rematch a big puncher who KO'd you previously, and put on a fearless performance like that.
    It was surprising indeed how things unfolded. Wont call it an upset though. Poirier is technically very sound and definitely not a push over. I expected conor to win (65:35) because of the sheer talent he possesses and at one point i really thought Dustin was in trouble. However, props to the diamond for not getting intimidated and putting in quite a smooth performance in the end.

That reminds me, is Khazmat vs Leon anytime soon?

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was surprising indeed how things unfolded. Wont call it an upset though. Poirier is technically very sound and definitely not a push over. I expected conor to win (65:35) because of the sheer talent he possesses and at one point i really thought Dustin was in trouble. However, props to the diamond for not getting intimidated and putting in quite a smooth performance in the end.

Ah, yeah I just meant it was a betting upset! I respect Poirier a lot and he's definitely the #1 LW now. And good point on him being in trouble, his chin is much better at LW than FW because he doesn't deplete himself as much.

I'm not sure anymore, it got postponed a few times, I think most recently Edwards got covid. I really hope it is booked again soon, Leon needs a fight and I want to see if Chimaev lives up to the hype.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, yeah I just meant it was a betting upset! I respect Poirier a lot and he's definitely the #1 LW now. And good point on him being in trouble, his chin is much better at LW than FW because he doesn't deplete himself as much.

I'm not sure anymore, it got postponed a few times, I think most recently Edwards got covid. I really hope it is booked again soon, Leon needs a fight and I want to see if Chimaev lives up to the hype.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    How about Bernie Sanders in UFC?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Poirier is a hell of a fighter, he's filled out a lot since he lost to Connor in 2014. Just look at the scalps on Dustin's belt. Gaetjhe, McGregor, Holloway...the last two are considered ATG fighters as well. With Khabib out of the game, Poirier deserves to wear the belt as a champ proper not just the interim which he had for a short period.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Poirier is a hell of a fighter, he's filled out a lot since he lost to Connor in 2014. Just look at the scalps on Dustin's belt. Gaetjhe, McGregor, Holloway...the last two are considered ATG fighters as well. With Khabib out of the game, Poirier deserves to wear the belt as a champ proper not just the interim which he had for a short period.
    Lightweight is filled with absolute killers. Holloway, Conor, Dustin, Tony etc. Man thats a hell of a line up. And Gaethje, that man is a killer too even though technically he could be better. Thats why Khabib's accomplishments stand out among others.

Casual Conor fans didnt even know how big a threat Poirier was. They thought its a sure shot win for Conor. Today's take down in the first round alone shows how good Poirier's overall game is. Even though i also thought that Conor should beat him based on the talent gap, i never underestimated Dustin's ability to win.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Within a minute , it was clear Dustin would destroy Connor. McGregor should retire, he has enough money, doesnt need to risk serious damage again.

Khabib should give up the belt if he's not coming back, Dustin deserves to be champion.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lightweight is filled with absolute killers. Holloway, Conor, Dustin, Tony etc. Man thats a hell of a line up. And Gaethje, that man is a killer too even though technically he could be better. Thats why Khabib's accomplishments stand out among others.

Casual Conor fans didnt even know how big a threat Poirier was. They thought its a sure shot win for Conor. Today's take down in the first round alone shows how good Poirier's overall game is. Even though i also thought that Conor should beat him based on the talent gap, i never underestimated Dustin's ability to win.
    Just a correction, Holloway is currently at FW but he'd probably move up to LW permanently soon. I agree with everything else though. The Conor casuals thought he'd smash Khabib too haha, the consensus LW GOAT. I just wish he could have fought Holloway (he moved up to LW to fight Poirier a while back), Tony, and even Chandler just to have a few more top-level guys on his resume.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4737 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Within a minute , it was clear Dustin would destroy Connor. McGregor should retire, he has enough money, doesnt need to risk serious damage again.

Khabib should give up the belt if he's not coming back, Dustin deserves to be champion.
    Conor never strikes me as a guy who allows his opponent to control the pace and also one who goes head hunting, whether it was tactics or lack of activity it hurt him badly; he looked like a bloke without a real game plan for the fight and was expecting to blow Dustin away. Khabib mentioned something about Conor having changed his camp, the results are not surprising and also his lack of time in the UFC, I mean unless you are an all time great technician, 99% of the time you need to either be active or get some hard sparring / spend time in the gym predominately, Conor is an explosive fighter who relies on his reflex’s a great deal but without the right conditioning and his inability to measure distance, he’s going to struggle. But like you say it could also be a matter of desire and heart at this point, you look at Tyson Fury, he won all the belts when he beat Wlad and almost drank himself to death when he was out the ring for a while, but was still motivated enough to want to compete at a high level, he’s a student of the game and a boxing historian, Conor on the other hand is the opposite, folk are extremely mistaken when they judge Floyd’s life style out the ring because he never lets that effect his preparations in the ring. But beyond that, I question the matchmaking to, when you have been inactive for a while why go in there with hungry lions from the word go, you need to pick an opponent who will pose enough of a threat for 5 rounds but is considered low risk. Guys like Conor though make me appreciate journeymen in Boxing more and even gate keepers, with the sort of money involved in the sport and the unforgiving scrutiny should you quit (its more acceptable in other sports) fighters keep going and don’t lose the desire/heart even when the risks are far greater to their health. Unless Conor wants to take this seriously he should retire, but he probably is happy getting whooped for millions because he will always remain a big draw and retain support from his delusional Irish fanbase who all think they are hard

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Conor never strikes me as a guy who allows his opponent to control the pace and also one who goes head hunting, whether it was tactics or lack of activity it hurt him badly; he looked like a bloke without a real game plan for the fight and was expecting to blow Dustin away. Khabib mentioned something about Conor having changed his camp, the results are not surprising and also his lack of time in the UFC, I mean unless you are an all time great technician, 99% of the time you need to either be active or get some hard sparring / spend time in the gym predominately, Conor is an explosive fighter who relies on his reflex’s a great deal but without the right conditioning and his inability to measure distance, he’s going to struggle. But like you say it could also be a matter of desire and heart at this point, you look at Tyson Fury, he won all the belts when he beat Wlad and almost drank himself to death when he was out the ring for a while, but was still motivated enough to want to compete at a high level, he’s a student of the game and a boxing historian, Conor on the other hand is the opposite, folk are extremely mistaken when they judge Floyd’s life style out the ring because he never lets that effect his preparations in the ring. But beyond that, I question the matchmaking to, when you have been inactive for a while why go in there with hungry lions from the word go, you need to pick an opponent who will pose enough of a threat for 5 rounds but is considered low risk. Guys like Conor though make me appreciate journeymen in Boxing more and even gate keepers, with the sort of money involved in the sport and the unforgiving scrutiny should you quit (its more acceptable in other sports) fighters keep going and don’t lose the desire/heart even when the risks are far greater to their health. Unless Conor wants to take this seriously he should retire, but he probably is happy getting whooped for millions because he will always remain a big draw and retain support from his delusional Irish fanbase who all think they are hard
    I watched the fight again, and actually Conor won the first round, so I think that this idea he was beaten within the first minute is wrong. Ring rust I agree with. Conor seems to be at his most effective when he's blowing opponents away quickly, he has a lightning left hook, but if you can survive the first round, he seems to run out of gas the longer the fight goes on. It was the same in his defeat to Nate Diaz.

Dustin is more resilient at lightweight than he was at featherweight when they last met, he can go toe to toe with anyone and come out top. Conor's mistake was to think he would come out on top in a firefight. He should have kept his distance and stuck to sniping.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4737 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I watched the fight again, and actually Conor won the first round, so I think that this idea he was beaten within the first minute is wrong. Ring rust I agree with. Conor seems to be at his most effective when he's blowing opponents away quickly, he has a lightning left hook, but if you can survive the first round, he seems to run out of gas the longer the fight goes on. It was the same in his defeat to Nate Diaz.

Dustin is more resilient at lightweight than he was at featherweight when they last met, he can go toe to toe with anyone and come out top. Conor's mistake was to think he would come out on top in a firefight. He should have kept his distance and stuck to sniping.
    Agree on the first minute part, while conditioning and activity played a big part what do you think of his strategy to go head hunting ? it allowed his opponent to break him down from underneath and then he was caught square, unless he was fighting a bum I would get it, but completely brainless tactics and he looks a different fighter under a new team I believe