Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The UFC Thread

Results 241 to 320 of 622
  1. #241
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afridian4Life View Post
    Should he go back for just to punch Mir's teeth down his throat, is it really worth it ?


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  2. #242
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    0
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post

  3. #243
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afridian4Life View Post


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  4. #244
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  5. #245
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    0
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post

  6. #246
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    0
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post

  7. #247
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    2,682
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    What the, I don't believe that finish. Expected Ronda to win but thought Cat would put up a better fight. I can see these two fighting again in a rematch at some point. Other then Miesha Tate I don't see anyone being competitive against Ronda.
    Yeah it was quite a let down to say the least specially for the ones who had ordered PPV. I expected Ronda to win easily but this was way too quick even by her standards. There is a lot of talk/hype about Cyborg but I haven't really seen her fight to form an opinion. I also don't see anyone from the current bunch troubling Rousey. Right now even surviving the first round would be a win for her opponents.

  8. #248
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackThunder View Post
    Yeah it was quite a let down to say the least specially for the ones who had ordered PPV. I expected Ronda to win easily but this was way too quick even by her standards. There is a lot of talk/hype about Cyborg but I haven't really seen her fight to form an opinion. I also don't see anyone from the current bunch troubling Rousey. Right now even surviving the first round would be a win for her opponents.
    You ordered it? I watched it a day after, I was expecting it to be a good fight. This has to be the most disappointing Rousey fight for me. Cyborg fight will not happen because she just moved up in weight classs and is more compatible there but you never know it may happen at a catch weight if Rousey is cool with it but i doubt it because she hates Cyborg for her previous use of steroids. Miesha Tate v Rousey 3 is a fight that greatly appeals to me.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  9. #249
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    2,682
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    You ordered it? I watched it a day after, I was expecting it to be a good fight. This has to be the most disappointing Rousey fight for me. Cyborg fight will not happen because she just moved up in weight classs and is more compatible there but you never know it may happen at a catch weight if Rousey is cool with it but i doubt it because she hates Cyborg for her previous use of steroids. Miesha Tate v Rousey 3 is a fight that greatly appeals to me.
    No I didn't order ppv I was working and was only able to catch the main event. But I feel for the ones who did

  10. #250
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Boston MA (from Sydney Aus)
    Runs
    27,226
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackThunder View Post
    Even though I said I wouldn't watch it I couldn't help it . Rousey just repositioned Zingano's arm in less than 15 seconds.



    Yes there are sports other than cricket. Keep track of what's happening at @SportsPakPassion on Twitter!

    Broaden your horizons. Talk about other sports that the world plays in our Sports Corner forum!

  11. #251
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    I hate Rousey. That is all I have to say about her. UFC 184 was an absolute joke of a card tbh and anyone who paid to watch it should feel robbed. I watched Bellator 134 on the same weekend and I enjoyed it MUCH more than 184, it helped that the main event was a FOTY candidate. Would highly recommend it, @OZGOD @shaz619 @BlackThunder

  12. #252
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    2,682
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    I hate Rousey. That is all I have to say about her. UFC 184 was an absolute joke of a card tbh and anyone who paid to watch it should feel robbed. I watched Bellator 134 on the same weekend and I enjoyed it MUCH more than 184, it helped that the main event was a FOTY candidate. Would highly recommend it, @OZGOD @shaz619 @BlackThunder
    I watched one Bellator event before Tito Ortiz's debut and I was left quite disappointed but I will definitely give this a shot. By the way what's you thought on Bellator fighter Micheal Page. He looks an exciting fighter from the clips that I have seen?

  13. #253
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    2,682
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackThunder View Post
    I watched one Bellator event before Tito Ortiz's debut and I was left quite disappointed but I will definitely give this a shot. By the way what's you thought on Bellator fighter Micheal Page. He looks an exciting fighter from the clips that I have seen?
    @shaz619 Check this Bellator guy out. He is British too.


  14. #254
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Boston MA (from Sydney Aus)
    Runs
    27,226
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    LMAO Ronda Roussey broke the ribs of some punk reporter who was questioning her ability to fight:


    WATCH RONDA ROUSEY FLIP OUT AND BUST UP INSULTING INTERVIEWER


    By D'Arcy Maine | Mar 5, 2015

    Since Ronda Rousey's jaw-dropping victory over Cat Zingano at UFC 184, many fans have been wondering if the bantamweight champion could beat a man in the Octagon.

    And thanks to a VERY brave (or stupid) reporter, we now have conclusive proof that she can leave at least one man groaning on the ground. During an interview with Rousey, shot prior to Saturday's fight, "Tru MMA Show" host Aaron Tru challenged her to fight him with one statement that he's probably still regretting: "I don't think you have as much strength and can compete with a man."

    You can probably imagine what happens next. But it might be more satisfying to see it actually happen.

    Spoiler alert (or further incentive to click "play"): It involves a judo flip, possible broken ribs and one very bruised ego.



    http://espn.go.com/espnw/athletes-li...ng-interviewer


    Yes there are sports other than cricket. Keep track of what's happening at @SportsPakPassion on Twitter!

    Broaden your horizons. Talk about other sports that the world plays in our Sports Corner forum!

  15. #255
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OZGOD View Post
    LMAO Ronda Roussey broke the ribs of some punk reporter who was questioning her ability to fight:


    WATCH RONDA ROUSEY FLIP OUT AND BUST UP INSULTING INTERVIEWER


    By D'Arcy Maine | Mar 5, 2015

    Since Ronda Rousey's jaw-dropping victory over Cat Zingano at UFC 184, many fans have been wondering if the bantamweight champion could beat a man in the Octagon.

    And thanks to a VERY brave (or stupid) reporter, we now have conclusive proof that she can leave at least one man groaning on the ground. During an interview with Rousey, shot prior to Saturday's fight, "Tru MMA Show" host Aaron Tru challenged her to fight him with one statement that he's probably still regretting: "I don't think you have as much strength and can compete with a man."

    You can probably imagine what happens next. But it might be more satisfying to see it actually happen.

    Spoiler alert (or further incentive to click "play"): It involves a judo flip, possible broken ribs and one very bruised ego.



    http://espn.go.com/espnw/athletes-li...ng-interviewer
    Poor stuff from ESPN saying the video was shot prior to Saturday's fight. Yeah, it was shot 3 years ago, man! Also, this proves essentially zilch. Tru has some kind of fantasy to get beat up by women, he has no fight experience and was choked out by Cyborg on his show too. The guy gets off on women beating him up.

  16. #256
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackThunder View Post
    @shaz619 Check this Bellator guy out. He is British too.

    Can't see the link. You mind telling me which fighter it is?

  17. #257
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackThunder View Post
    I watched one Bellator event before Tito Ortiz's debut and I was left quite disappointed but I will definitely give this a shot. By the way what's you thought on Bellator fighter Micheal Page. He looks an exciting fighter from the clips that I have seen?
    The worst Bellator cards always seem to have Tito in them. This event was brilliant though and each fight on the main card was exciting.

    Michael Page is a beast and has all the potential in the world. I would like to see him go up against a strong wrestler and he was scheduled to fight one on this card but Page got injured. I LOVE his fighting style. Never a dull moment with him but I would like to see him be more offensive when the opponent is not chasing him.

  18. #258
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Another thing about Page is that his strategy of keeping his hands by his sides at all times actually helps him stuff takedowns.

  19. #259
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    2,682
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Can't see the link. You mind telling me which fighter it is?
    Its a video of Mucheal Page in UCMMA taking on another British fighter name Ben Dishman. Maybe this link will work for you.

    http://vk.com/video228961613_168893389

  20. #260
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    2,682
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    The worst Bellator cards always seem to have Tito in them. This event was brilliant though and each fight on the main card was exciting.

    Michael Page is a beast and has all the potential in the world. I would like to see him go up against a strong wrestler and he was scheduled to fight one on this card but Page got injured. I LOVE his fighting style. Never a dull moment with him but I would like to see him be more offensive when the opponent is not chasing him.
    Yes man, he is one of the most exciting fighter in MMA currently. Love his ring antics lol. I would love for him to fight in UFC because I think that will really give him the exposure that he needs and make him a household name pretty quickly similar to McGregor, probably not to that extend but still.

  21. #261
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    2,682
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Anchorman @shaz619 Thoughts on UFC 185 this weekend, its not a bad card. I see Pettis, Hendricks and Overeem winning. Pettis is one my favorite UFC fighters, the guy is so versatile its pretty impressive. I wouldn't mind seeing the winner of Aldo and McGregor move up and face Pettis in the future.

  22. #262
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackThunder View Post
    @Anchorman @shaz619 Thoughts on UFC 185 this weekend, its not a bad card. I see Pettis, Hendricks and Overeem winning. Pettis is one my favorite UFC fighters, the guy is so versatile its pretty impressive. I wouldn't mind seeing the winner of Aldo and McGregor move up and face Pettis in the future.
    It's an absolutely brilliant card and I'm pumped for every fight except the SW title fight as that will be a five round snoozefest with Esparza LNPing for 5 full rounds. Watch out for Henry Cejudo! This should be his coming out party against a decent Cariaso.

    For those who don't know, Cejudo is an Olympic GOLD medalist that has brilliant boxing to go along with his wrestling pedigree. He has had trouble making weight though so hopefully he won't be off the mark this time or else he won't get a title shot after this fight.

    Brown/Hendricks promises to be a hell of a fight. There is no quit in Brown and this will be FOTN for sure but I reckon Jonny will rock him a couple of times en route to a close 29-28.

    Overeem will beat Nelson and may even finish him after a body shot or a flurry against the cage. Nelson's attack is too one-dimensional to trouble Overeem who will be vary of his power.

    Pettis is unbelievable. Aldo/Pettis is my dream fight so I hope they make that happen some day. As for this fight, RDA has a puncher's chance, that's it. Will be very suprised if he makes it out of the second round.

  23. #263
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackThunder View Post
    @Anchorman @shaz619 Thoughts on UFC 185 this weekend, its not a bad card. I see Pettis, Hendricks and Overeem winning. Pettis is one my favorite UFC fighters, the guy is so versatile its pretty impressive. I wouldn't mind seeing the winner of Aldo and McGregor move up and face Pettis in the future.
    I'll probably watch the Hendricks/Overeem fight, but might reconsider after the background @Anchorman gave on some of the fighters. Can't wait for Aldo/McGregor, that will be quiet the spectacle.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  24. #264
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    2,682
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shocking result. Thought Dos Anjos might somewhat trouble Pettis but never expected this. Pettis got dominated from the first second of the fight to pretty much the end. This was one emphatic victory by Dos Anjos. It kinda of reminded me of Dillalshaw's domination of Barao.

  25. #265
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Unreal event last night. I couldn't believe the intensity RDA put on Pettis. Really showed him up and his completely inferior boxing. Props to RDA for a brilliant fight, but he won't defend his belt a single time, if Khabib gets the next shot which he will if he beats Cerrone. Watch what RDA did to Pettis then watch what Khabib did to RDA just a couple of fights ago. RDA landed a total of 4 strikes in a 3 round bout. Think we'll see a Dagestani champion soon enough.

    Apart from that, the women's SW title fight was the best WMMA fight I've seen striking wise. Joanna put on a clinic and her hands were absolutely amazing. Finally someone who is a lethal striker (the first I've seen in WMMA) even the much touted Holly Holm was hardly impressive. Hendricks played out a nice safe boring fight while Cejudo lived up to his billing. Can really give MM a run for his money! Overeem vs JDS - Make it happen, Dana!


    "You come at the King. You best not miss."

  26. #266
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    2,682
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Khabib can get past Cererone than surely we have a new champ at our hands considering how Khabib dominated Dos Anjos their first fight.

  27. #267
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Purgatorio
    Runs
    807
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been discussing cricket in an MMA forum. About time I start talking MMA in a cricket forum.

  28. #268
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybadger View Post
    I have been discussing cricket in an MMA forum. About time I start talking MMA in a cricket forum.


    You're welcome to discuss anything MMA related here. We have some very knowledgable posters like BlackThunder, shaz619 and OZGOD that know a lot about the sport. I've been a fanatic since forever too.


    "You come at the King. You best not miss."

  29. #269
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post


    You're welcome to discuss anything MMA related here. We have some very knowledgable posters like BlackThunder, shaz619 and OZGOD that know a lot about the sport. I've been a fanatic since forever too.
    Me not so much compared to you and Black Thunder when it comes to all the fighters learn quiet a bit from you guys Have knowledge of the technical skill in MMA which makes my viewing really enjoyable and only in touch with the main-event level talent haha unless there is a talent on the undercard that I can't seem to ignore #CUPCAKEE


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  30. #270
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    0
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Me not so much compared to you and Black Thunder when it comes to all the fighters learn quiet a bit from you guys Have knowledge of the technical skill in MMA which makes my viewing really enjoyable and only in touch with the main-event level talent haha unless there is a talent on the undercard that I can't seem to ignore #CUPCAKEE
    give me your predictions for mania

  31. #271
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afridian4Life View Post
    give me your predictions for mania
    Let me take your love interest to space mountain then we have a deal


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  32. #272
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    0
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Let me take your love interest to space mountain then we have a deal

  33. #273
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Me not so much compared to you and Black Thunder when it comes to all the fighters learn quiet a bit from you guys Have knowledge of the technical skill in MMA which makes my viewing really enjoyable and only in touch with the main-event level talent haha unless there is a talent on the undercard that I can't seem to ignore #CUPCAKEE
    What do you think about Paige Van Zant?


    "You come at the King. You best not miss."

  34. #274
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Purgatorio
    Runs
    807
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post


    You're welcome to discuss anything MMA related here. We have some very knowledgable posters like BlackThunder, shaz619 and OZGOD that know a lot about the sport. I've been a fanatic since forever too.
    Good to be here. I have been an MMA fan for pretty long and its only recently I've discovered my love for cricket. I guess the genetics eventually kicked in.

  35. #275
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Watched Bellator 135 today. Was a brilliant card, and I HIGHLY recommend everyone who sees this post to watch co-main event between Tokoro/LJ. A FOTY candidate I'd say. Jawdropping.


    "You come at the King. You best not miss."

  36. #276
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    2,682
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Watched Bellator 135 today. Was a brilliant card, and I HIGHLY recommend everyone who sees this post to watch co-main event between Tokoro/LJ. A FOTY candidate I'd say. Jawdropping.
    Have you been following the Aldo vs Mcgregor press tour? If you haven't I highly recommend you watch the Dublin press conference, I don't ever remember seeing that sort of atmosphere in any other press stop boxing or MMA.

  37. #277
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    What do you think about Paige Van Zant?


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  38. #278
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackThunder View Post
    Have you been following the Aldo vs Mcgregor press tour? If you haven't I highly recommend you watch the Dublin press conference, I don't ever remember seeing that sort of atmosphere in any other press stop boxing or MMA.
    Can't wait for this fight ouses in star power, it's going to be a great spectacle.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  39. #279
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    2,682
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Can't wait for this fight ouses in star power, it's going to be a great spectacle.
    Can't wait either, it will be an epic event. Hope both of them stay healthy during training camp, a injury to either will be a real downer.

  40. #280
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackThunder View Post
    Have you been following the Aldo vs Mcgregor press tour? If you haven't I highly recommend you watch the Dublin press conference, I don't ever remember seeing that sort of atmosphere in any other press stop boxing or MMA.
    I have and the atmosphere has been amazing wherever they've gone. Dublin was just the cherry on top. McGregor just provided us with arguably the single greatest moment UFC has ever produced outside the cage when he snatched Aldo's belt from him and yelled "YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE KING!"

    Wow. To think we're still 3 months away from the fight itself. So much hype.


    "You come at the King. You best not miss."

  41. #281
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Mendes vs Lamas on the weekend. Promises to be a really exciting fight between two of the very elite at FW. Both can't beat Aldo though so will be praying that Conor wins the title. This is a good card. Guida, Iaquinta, Masvidal and Poirier all on the main card!


    "You come at the King. You best not miss."

  42. #282
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    2,682
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    McGregor stating that he will kill Mayweather less than 30secs in the ring and his fight will generate the same interest and money ad MayPac. On one hand I think McGregor is great for UFC and understand his tactic of keeping his name in the news but at times when he shows such immense disrespect to other fighters and that too from a different different discipline, a future hall of famer and currently the best p4p fighter of a ancient global sport I can't help but hope that Also puts a beating on him

    http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/16...ousey-mma-news

  43. #283
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackThunder View Post
    McGregor stating that he will kill Mayweather less than 30secs in the ring and his fight will generate the same interest and money ad MayPac. On one hand I think McGregor is great for UFC and understand his tactic of keeping his name in the news but at times when he shows such immense disrespect to other fighters and that too from a different different discipline, a future hall of famer and currently the best p4p fighter of a ancient global sport I can't help but hope that Also puts a beating on him

    http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/16...ousey-mma-news
    What he is saying is true though heck even Ronda probably would do the same to Floyd. But with gloves on? not so much.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  44. #284
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    2,682
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    What he is saying is true though heck even Ronda probably would do the same to Floyd. But with gloves on? not so much.
    Its a lot easier to learn jujitsu and establish yourself in MMA as we have seen with guys who start training at 25, 30 than it is to box and make something of yourself in boxing unless you have a successful amateur career like most sports. Don't like making comparisons but its a lot easier for a boxer specially someone as gifted as Floyd to have success in UFC with some jijutsu training than the other way around.

  45. #285
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackThunder View Post
    Its a lot easier to learn jujitsu and establish yourself in MMA as we have seen with guys who start training at 25, 30 than it is to box and make something of yourself in boxing unless you have a successful amateur career like most sports. Don't like making comparisons but its a lot easier for a boxer specially someone as gifted as Floyd to have success in UFC with some jijutsu training than the other way around.
    Freddie Flintoff will tell you that

    Boxing is a science, people don't appreciate the level of skill required to be successful. I love it though,it's my favourite combat sport to watch and take part in. I absolutely hate all the pre-training/conditioning/exercising/ etc you have to go through before you get to hit the bags though man by the time I would get to that stage my legs would be gone and my body would be aching. At the club I use to go there use to be guys alot younger then me that were throwing punches quicker and more powerful then me it was unreal and how their reflex's were responding on the speed ball.

    As far as making the transition from Boxing to UFC and vice versa is concerned I can't really say because both are sophisticated in their own way, was just merely commenting that if Floyd went to UFC as it stands he'd get taken out and if Mcgregor stepped in the squared circle he'd get beat.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  46. #286
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    2,682
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Freddie Flintoff will tell you that

    Boxing is a science, people don't appreciate the level of skill required to be successful. I love it though,it's my favourite combat sport to watch and take part in. I absolutely hate all the pre-training/conditioning/exercising/ etc you have to go through before you get to hit the bags though man by the time I would get to that stage my legs would be gone and my body would be aching. At the club I use to go there use to be guys alot younger then me that were throwing punches quicker and more powerful then me it was unreal and how their reflex's were responding on the speed ball.

    As far as making the transition from Boxing to UFC and vice versa is concerned I can't really say because both are sophisticated in their own way, was just merely commenting that if Floyd went to UFC as it stands he'd get taken out and if Mcgregor stepped in the squared circle he'd get beat.
    Fair enough bro.

    Its awsome that you gave it a shot. You follow the sport from a different perspective once you get a taste even at that level.

  47. #287
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackThunder View Post
    Fair enough bro.

    Its awsome that you gave it a shot. You follow the sport from a different perspective once you get a taste even at that level.
    It really makes you respect the people that step in the squared circle even more, my cousins were more enthusiastic then me at first. We use to spar each other and one of them sort of decided to take it a bit serious so he kind of just dragged all of us along with him to the club. Our coach was Al Malcolm, Lennox Lewis's first victim HW look big on telly but man in person they look like the Big Show/Great Khali. It's alot of fun if you get into it though give it a go!


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  48. #288
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    2,682
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    It really makes you respect the people that step in the squared circle even more, my cousins were more enthusiastic then me at first. We use to spar each other and one of them sort of decided to take it a bit serious so he kind of just dragged all of us along with him to the club. Our coach was Al Malcolm, Lennox Lewis's first victim HW look big on telly but man in person they look like the Big Show/Great Khali. It's alot of fun if you get into it though give it a go!
    Good stuff. I hit a boxing gym here a couple of times a week just for some cardio and light sparing at times. I tell you man its an amazing stress reliever lol. No matter how bad of a day/week I am having just a few hours in the gym and its amazing the calmness that I feel after working heavy bag for a few minutes . I highly recommended specially once you hit the work force and responsibilities grows its a great way to have some time just for yourself and on top of that keep in good shape.

  49. #289
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackThunder View Post
    Good stuff. I hit a boxing gym here a couple of times a week just for some cardio and light sparing at times. I tell you man its an amazing stress reliever lol. No matter how bad of a day/week I am having just a few hours in the gym and its amazing the calmness that I feel after working heavy bag for a few minutes . I highly recommended specially once you hit the work force and responsibilities grows its a great way to have some time just for yourself and on top of that keep in good shape.
    Definitely it feels so good hitting the bag good way to relieve stress etc to, taking it seriously requires next level commitment though.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  50. #290
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Rockhold vs Machida promises to be a cracking fight! Too bad I'll have to wait till Monday to watch it!


    "You come at the King. You best not miss."

  51. #291
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    0
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Rockhold vs Machida promises to be a cracking fight! Too bad I'll have to wait till Monday to watch it!
    at what time does it start in Pakistan ? you gota stay up all night yes

  52. #292
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afridian4Life View Post
    at what time does it start in Pakistan ? you gota stay up all night yes
    Think it starts at 6:30. I can't watch live anyway. No TV channel over here shows it, so usually I download it a few hours after the event but tomorrow the Pakistan match is on, so is the FA Cup semi final, my sister is also coming home after a year and I have my final exam on Monday so one could say my schedule is packed.


    "You come at the King. You best not miss."

  53. #293
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    0
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Think it starts at 6:30. I can't watch live anyway. No TV channel over here shows it, so usually I download it a few hours after the event but tomorrow the Pakistan match is on, so is the FA Cup semi final, my sister is also coming home after a year and I have my final exam on Monday so one could say my schedule is packed.
    nice man

    I had finals a day after Wrestlemania 28 and I won tickets for it, so guess what happened

  54. #294
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afridian4Life View Post
    nice man

    I had finals a day after Wrestlemania 28 and I won tickets for it, so guess what happened
    Wrestlemania > Future livelihood.


    "You come at the King. You best not miss."

  55. #295
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    0
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Wrestlemania > Future livelihood.
    true

    my parents were really mad when they found out but the worst thing was the WM itself and oh I meant WM29 the ****** one

  56. #296
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Purgatorio
    Runs
    807
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Jones is in trouble again. DUI, coke and now hit and run. Guy is going places.

  57. #297
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybadger View Post
    So Jones is in trouble again. DUI, coke and now hit and run. Guy is going places.
    Did you check out Rashad and Chael's comments on him from two years ago? Seem they saw it coming. Wonder if he will be able to fight this month or not.


    "You come at the King. You best not miss."

  58. #298
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Purgatorio
    Runs
    807
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Did you check out Rashad and Chael's comments on him from two years ago? Seem they saw it coming. Wonder if he will be able to fight this month or not.
    I thought it was regulation trash talk back then., pretty scary in retrospect. UFC has stripped Jones of the title and now Cormier and Johnson will fight this month. Its official.

  59. #299
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybadger View Post
    I thought it was regulation trash talk back then., pretty scary in retrospect. UFC has stripped Jones of the title and now Cormier and Johnson will fight this month. Its official.
    Get in! I had just woken up so wasn't up to date. Sounds awesome. Cormier needs to win a championship and fulfill his destiny!


    "You come at the King. You best not miss."

  60. #300
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    I'm extremely happy that Jones has been stripped of his title. The guy is spiraling out of control! UFC 187 still looks like one of the best cards in recent memory. So pumped! Have my boy Condit coming back late this month too. May is such an epic month for UFC!


    "You come at the King. You best not miss."

  61. #301
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Purgatorio
    Runs
    807
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khabib has injured himself again

  62. #302
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybadger View Post
    Khabib has injured himself again
    So frustrating. This was the perfect fight for the no. 1 contender spot.


    "You come at the King. You best not miss."

  63. #303
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    0
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    The UFC Thread

    UFC 188 was amazing

    @shaz619 what happen to guy who like hit Brocky Lesnar in face

    got beaten like a school boy in round 1

    @Anchorman did you watch ? Cane got schooled by non other than Werdrum

  64. #304
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    23,665
    Mentioned
    7002 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Cane looked really rusty and slow, probably due to the long layoff. And Werdum actually looked really great, everybody knew how good his jiu jitsu was but it pretty surprising to see him own Cane in a striking battle!

    Hopefully my boy JDS will get a title shot now.

  65. #305
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    There already is a UFC thread wth we don't need Eugene opening a new one and derailing the sport and check this jobber out @Red Devil he is making fun of Cain but him losing in 1 round pretty much vindicates that Lesnar won the world title in the weakest heayweight division in MMA history; also Lesnar lost to a guy that just got beat in one round and yes Lesnar still don't like getting hit in the face that's why he's sticking to pro-wrestling entertainment easier life for him


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  66. #306
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    18,438
    Mentioned
    1000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    whats a jobber

    keep seeing this term.

    don't remember coming across it when I used to watch wrestling


    #MPGA

  67. #307
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    whats a jobber

    keep seeing this term.

    don't remember coming across it when I used to watch wrestling
    A jobber in pro-wrestling is basically the equivalent of a journeyman in boxing. You won't really come across it in pro-wreslting while watching WWE etc given that it's non-kayfabe (Intel beyond the scripted nature)


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  68. #308
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    32,651
    Mentioned
    2029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Threads Merged


    Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

  69. #309
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    0
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    There already is a UFC thread wth we don't need Eugene opening a new one and derailing the sport and check this jobber out @Red Devil he is making fun of Cain but him losing in 1 round pretty much vindicates that Lesnar won the world title in the weakest heayweight division in MMA history; also Lesnar lost to a guy that just got beat in one round and yes Lesnar still don't like getting hit in the face that's why he's sticking to pro-wrestling entertainment easier life for him
    You know the term "Karma is a biatch"

    Well this is what happened to person who like hit Brocky Lesnar in face
    Now I can just sit back and have nice 6 pack of bud light as those who were making fun of Brocky can look in the mirror now

  70. #310
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    0
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #GreenRoars View Post
    Threads Merged
    I couldn't find the thread

  71. #311
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afridian4Life View Post
    You know the term "Karma is a biatch"

    Well this is what happened to person who like hit Brocky Lesnar in face
    Now I can just sit back and have nice 6 pack of bud light as those who were making fun of Brocky can look in the mirror now
    What does Cain losing got to do with the fact that he made Brock look like a big baby in Octagon What you mean Karma Brock is still the same man he was yesterday, the guy that re-signed with a fake wrestling promotion because he doesn't like getting hit in the face in real fighting and he's still the one who was knocked out by the one who was KO'd in 1 round one what does that say about Brock? it makes his loss against Cain look that much worse


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  72. #312
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    23,665
    Mentioned
    7002 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    There already is a UFC thread wth we don't need Eugene opening a new one and derailing the sport and check this jobber out @Red Devil he is making fun of Cain but him losing in 1 round pretty much vindicates that Lesnar won the world title in the weakest heayweight division in MMA history; also Lesnar lost to a guy that just got beat in one round and yes Lesnar still don't like getting hit in the face that's why he's sticking to pro-wrestling entertainment easier life for him
    Lesnar only wants to face superstars like Kofi Kingston now

  73. #313
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    0
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    What does Cain losing got to do with the fact that he made Brock look like a big baby in Octagon What you mean Karma Brock is still the same man he was yesterday, the guy that re-signed with a fake wrestling promotion because he doesn't like getting hit in the face in real fighting and he's still the one who was knocked out by the one who was KO'd in 1 round one what does that say about Brock? it makes his loss against Cain look that much worse
    all I can say is when you bite someone, be ready to be bitten back

    Cain schooled Lesnar but look how Cain got schooled by a nobody

    all those people singing praise for Cain and making fun of Brocky Lesnar can now shut up and rewatch how Cain got battered badly in the first round. Werdrum forte isn't even hand to hand combat, he's a submission specialist and Cain got owned by him badly in hand to hand combat

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Lesnar only wants to face superstars like Kofi Kingston now
    he's facing the whole cast of New Day

  74. #314
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afridian4Life View Post
    all I can say is when you bite someone, be ready to be bitten back

    Cain schooled Lesnar but look how Cain got schooled by a nobody

    all those people singing praise for Cain and making fun of Brocky Lesnar can now shut up and rewatch how Cain got battered badly in the first round. Werdrum forte isn't even hand to hand combat, he's a submission specialist and Cain got owned by him badly in hand to hand combat



    he's facing the whole cast of New Day
    What you say make no sense so basically you're happy about Lesnar being humiliated by the guy who was school'd by a nobody so basically Lesnar was school'd by nobody that makes his loss that much worse there's no shame in losing to a decent fighter but you're basically saying that Lesnar got beaten up by a bum that's all am saying

    Show me which report said he is fighting the New Day besides even if that's the case you're happy about that From quitting the world of MMA because he is a coward to facing these guys:



    @Red Devil


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  75. #315
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    0
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    What you say make no sense so basically you're happy about Lesnar being humiliated by the guy who was school'd by a nobody so basically Lesnar was school'd by nobody that makes his loss that much worse there's no shame in losing to a decent fighter but you're basically saying that Lesnar got beaten up by a bum that's all am saying

    Show me which report said he is fighting the New Day besides even if that's the case you're happy about that From quitting the world of MMA because he is a coward to facing these guys:



    @Red Devil
    just take a minute and listen to yourself

    I'm not saying I'm happy Brock Lost and was schooled by Cain. I'm saying those who were making fun of Brock losing to Cain can now sthu cuz Cain got schooled by a nobody

    and what you on about, of course it will be the whole New Day. Where Kofi goes they go with him
    it doesn't even make sense if he fights him alone and the match goes 15 min.

    PS: where do you get those amazing gifs

  76. #316
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afridian4Life View Post
    just take a minute and listen to yourself

    I'm not saying I'm happy Brock Lost and was schooled by Cain. I'm saying those who were making fun of Brock losing to Cain can now sthu cuz Cain got schooled by a nobody

    and what you on about, of course it will be the whole New Day. Where Kofi goes they go with him
    it doesn't even make sense if he fights him alone and the match goes 15 min.

    PS: where do you get those amazing gifs
    Who cares about Cain the point still stands Brock got beat by him why should we take the opportunity to remain silent now? you thought this is supposed to make Lesnar's Loss look credible or something lmao

    If Cain got School'd by a nobody Brock is the one behind the one who got school'd by a nobody

    Which report has stated he will fight all of New Day; pretty sure it's Kofi who is apparently the face of WWE in Japan how bizzare lmao anyhow new day or kofi all are a jobbers, i just find them lol


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  77. #317
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    22,030
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    What does Cain losing got to do with the fact that he made Brock look like a big baby in Octagon What you mean Karma Brock is still the same man he was yesterday, the guy that re-signed with a fake wrestling promotion because he doesn't like getting hit in the face in real fighting and he's still the one who was knocked out by the one who was KO'd in 1 round one what does that say about Brock? it makes his loss against Cain look that much worse
    What it says about Brock is that he is smart. Really smart. Approaching 40. What does he have to prove in UFC? He was already champ. Why work a more hectic schedule? The guy is pretty much in semi-retirement now...before 40! I think any of us would dream of that.


    No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

  78. #318
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    What it says about Brock is that he is smart. Really smart. Approaching 40. What does he have to prove in UFC? He was already champ. Why work a more hectic schedule? The guy is pretty much in semi-retirement now...before 40! I think any of us would dream of that.
    I agree.





    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  79. #319
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    19,499
    Mentioned
    3906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    What it says about Brock is that he is smart. Really smart. Approaching 40. What does he have to prove in UFC? He was already champ. Why work a more hectic schedule? The guy is pretty much in semi-retirement now...before 40! I think any of us would dream of that.
    Also if Brock really had nothing to prove he wouldn't have contemplated another UFC run in the first place because there is unfinished business; he won the world title in the weakest HW div in UFC history by beating up a washed up Randy Coutre, the win over Mir was class but he then went on to embarrassing himself against Cain, Brock unlike most fighters doesn't like getting hit in the face and the motivation to train isn't there and nor are the risks worth it for him despite being 100% healthy and being offered more money by Dana this time round so it was definitely the smart choice for Brock in terms of his health


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  80. #320
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    4,809
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    @Afridian4Life You were trolling well up until you called Werdum a nobody. The guy is 3-4 fights away from becoming the GOAT. Let me list down the guys he has beat :

    Fedor Emelianenko - MMA GOAT - Snapped his undefeated streak
    Cain Velasquez
    Mark Hunt - K1 Champ
    Nogueira - MMA Legend
    Bigfoot Silva
    Overeem
    Roy Nelson
    Travis Browne
    Gabriel Gonzaga


    "You come at the King. You best not miss."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •