Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    springdale brampton
    Runs
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wondering if Ronda Rousey will ever fight again? Was my favorite...

Got a lot of unnecessary hate from some keyboard warriors!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Kimbo Slice has passed away from a heart attack by the sounds of it. Sad news RIP

Link

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Jon bones is out

Still , should be surreal seeing the brock lessor against mark hunt fight

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    @Space Cat @Anchorman @Red Devil @Adil_94 The Bear was ridiculed when he said to the masses that The NOTORIOUS one would be VICTORIOUS, alas their false messiah has failed them and we can revel in the glory of a once in a lifetime superstar. The KING is BACK! Baybaaay!

I gave Conor 3 Rounds (1,2 and 4), Diaz 2 Rounds (3 and 5)

In the last fight Conor had a camp behind him, Diaz didn't but both had only 11 days to prepare for their opponent; on top of that Conor was moving up 2 weight divisions! now am not quiet sure if rehydration clauses exist in the UFC but either way it was an advantage in favour of Diaz. In the fight itself Conor was inefficient, punched himself out and was ultimately knocked out due to his arrogance.

But as we know he is one of the most skillful fighters in history and that can account for whatever obstacle is put before you providing you actually use your brain cells to! Conor was a lot more patient in the Diaz 2 fight, countered beautifully, chopped down Diaz's legs with the kicks, defended extremely well! and made great use of that left hand.

He did look out on his feet in Round 3 but found a 2nd wind, that is something he'll have to work on when it comes to his conditioning but it is not surprising when over the last 5 years or so he has been past 2 rounds only once!

Coming off a loss and having to overcome the odds he did was brilliant, MMA isn't as scientific as Boxing where upsets and comebacks are infrequent but you got appreciate Conor for that performance coming off a loss and to his credit he has built a streak of wins; we also define all time greats based on how they overcome adversity and I think there is no doubt now that Conor Mcgregor is an ATG MMA fighter.
    Last edited by shaz619; 21st August 2016 at 13:49.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SL_Fan View Post
    Kimbo Slice has passed away from a heart attack by the sounds of it. Sad news RIP

Link
    RIP, he popularised youtube for me! as a kid we'd go on that channel just to watch his glorious street fights

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Nate Diaz reminds me of the mad dog himself @Red Devil Proper Thug/Crack-Head You listened to his interviews after the fight? and he always flexing in between rounds and even after he lost LOL

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6761 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Nate Diaz reminds me of the mad dog himself @Red Devil Proper Thug/Crack-Head You listened to his interviews after the fight? and he always flexing in between rounds and even after he lost LOL
    He even flipped Conor off during the last round

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    He even flipped Conor off during the last round
    Then they were hugging and kissing after the fight just goes to show how scripted the build was, at least Vince hypes his feuds better then Dana who has guys throwing water bottles at each other proper jobbers

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6761 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Then they were hugging and kissing after the fight just goes to show how scripted the build was, at least Vince hypes his feuds better then Dana who has guys throwing water bottles at each other proper jobbers
    I laughed out loud when I saw that today. Two fierce fighters involved in a violent feud throwing water bottles at each other

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I laughed out loud when I saw that today. Two fierce fighters involved in a violent feud throwing water bottles at each other
    Vince isn't so out of depth after all, luckily the vignette team edited out that water fight from the hype video or they'd have been drawing flies to the arena epic war though from start to finish had me on my toes, one of the best battles in Octogon ever and arguably second after Broid v Diverticulitis

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6761 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Vince isn't so out of depth after all, luckily the vignette team edited out that water fight from the hype video or they'd have been drawing flies to the arena epic war though from start to finish had me on my toes, one of the best battles in Octogon ever and arguably second after Broid v Diverticulitis
    Yep epic fight. Thought Diaz Diaz would get rolled over after that early burst by Conor but he held on.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Yep epic fight. Thought Diaz Diaz would get rolled over after that early burst by Conor but he held on.
    Mcgregor himself survive to, in round 3 had gassed like Ultimate Warrior before his matches but found a 2nd wind in Round 4 that was remarkable because his legs had completely gone as well

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    RIP, he popularised youtube for me! as a kid we'd go on that channel just to watch his glorious street fights
    Apparently his son baby slice has signed on with Bellator. Nine baby slices btw not bad.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    @Space Cat @Anchorman @Red Devil @Adil_94 The Bear was ridiculed when he said to the masses that The NOTORIOUS one would be VICTORIOUS, alas their false messiah has failed them and we can revel in the glory of a once in a lifetime superstar. The KING is BACK! Baybaaay!

I gave Conor 3 Rounds (1,2 and 4), Diaz 2 Rounds (3 and 5)

In the last fight Conor had a camp behind him, Diaz didn't but both had only 11 days to prepare for their opponent; on top of that Conor was moving up 2 weight divisions! now am not quiet sure if rehydration clauses exist in the UFC but either way it was an advantage in favour of Diaz. In the fight itself Conor was inefficient, punched himself out and was ultimately knocked out due to his arrogance.

But as we know he is one of the most skillful fighters in history and that can account for whatever obstacle is put before you providing you actually use your brain cells to! Conor was a lot more patient in the Diaz 2 fight, countered beautifully, chopped down Diaz's legs with the kicks, defended extremely well! and made great use of that left hand.

He did look out on his feet in Round 3 but found a 2nd wind, that is something he'll have to work on when it comes to his conditioning but it is not surprising when over the last 5 years or so he has been past 2 rounds only once!

Coming off a loss and having to overcome the odds he did was brilliant, MMA isn't as scientific as Boxing where upsets and comebacks are infrequent but you got appreciate Conor for that performance coming off a loss and to his credit he has built a streak of wins; we also define all time greats based on how they overcome adversity and I think there is no doubt now that Conor Mcgregor is an ATG MMA fighter.
    @shaz619

Truly incredible fight and in terms of a rollercoaster of emotions, this may be right at the top for me, personally! Invested so much into this fight that literally everyone of my friends in university were amped up and ready to ridicule should Conor lose. Even missed two classes for this fight, said screw it, would even miss a final for this fight and boy was it worth it!

Conor definitely did a much better job controlling the action and had a more calculated plan of attack this time around (leg kicks, resetting once against the cage). Yes, cardio remains an issue but I honestly feel its more to do with the weight that he was fighting at, and even then an all-out war like this fight will help him learn a lot.

I nearly lost my **** when Diaz started coming back into the fight and Conor started gassing at the end of the 2nd round. Was watching with a friend and I legit started throwing things at the tv screaming "THIS IS WHAT HE TRAINED FOR ALL THOSE MONTHS?!" Had Vince McMahon like veins popping all over shop!
    Seriously, though, in the 4th round, I thought Conor genuinely dug deep and fought for everything he had worked for, his lifestyle, his persona, everything, and to win that round after the resounding beating he took in the 3rd round was nothing short of remarkable.

Also, props go out to his coach who was much maligned in the first fight for his cornering. I thought he was tremendous this time around. He kept telling Conor that this is what they worked for and a long fight was exactly what they had in mind along with reminding him not to get fazed by Diaz's antics. He definitely gained some credibility back.

All in all, interesting times ahead for Conor. Dana has clearly said that Conor must either defend the FW title in his next fight or give up the belt. Conor is in no mood to do either. I think he clearly doesn't fancy fighting Aldo again just yet, not because he can't beat him, but because the current Light-weight champ is probably his most favorable match-up at LW. If he can somehow convince Dana not to strip him of the FW title for another 6 months, then Conor will very likely become the first man to ever hold two belts simultaneously.

I, for one, can't wait to see what happens next.

THE KING IS BACK!

"You come at the King. You best not miss."

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Btw, don't let the masses fool you. It was a clear 48-47 for Conor with him winning rounds 1, 2 and 4.

The only contentious round was round 2, in which Nate ******* throw around stats that their boy landed more and ended the round strong. However, they conveniently forget that Conor only landed 3-4 less SIGNIFICANT strikes than Nate in that round, controlled 3:30 minutes of that round, and knocked Nate down on his bum 2 times in that round.

There was only one man close to being finished in that round and it wasn't McGregor.

The pros shouted robbery mainly because most of them are jealous that Conor bagged $15 million for his fight against Nate. YES! $15 MILLION! And also because 98% of them went for a Diaz victory. I think out of the mainstream fighters only GSP went for Conor (GOAT recognizes GOAT).

If people want an educated opinion on the fight, out of 15 media outlets, 8 scored it for Conor, 2 scored a draw and 1 scored it for Diaz.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    @shaz619

Truly incredible fight and in terms of a rollercoaster of emotions, this may be right at the top for me, personally! Invested so much into this fight that literally everyone of my friends in university were amped up and ready to ridicule should Conor lose. Even missed two classes for this fight, said screw it, would even miss a final for this fight and boy was it worth it!

Conor definitely did a much better job controlling the action and had a more calculated plan of attack this time around (leg kicks, resetting once against the cage). Yes, cardio remains an issue but I honestly feel its more to do with the weight that he was fighting at, and even then an all-out war like this fight will help him learn a lot.

I nearly lost my **** when Diaz started coming back into the fight and Conor started gassing at the end of the 2nd round. Was watching with a friend and I legit started throwing things at the tv screaming "THIS IS WHAT HE TRAINED FOR ALL THOSE MONTHS?!" Had Vince McMahon like veins popping all over shop!
    Seriously, though, in the 4th round, I thought Conor genuinely dug deep and fought for everything he had worked for, his lifestyle, his persona, everything, and to win that round after the resounding beating he took in the 3rd round was nothing short of remarkable.

Also, props go out to his coach who was much maligned in the first fight for his cornering. I thought he was tremendous this time around. He kept telling Conor that this is what they worked for and a long fight was exactly what they had in mind along with reminding him not to get fazed by Diaz's antics. He definitely gained some credibility back.

All in all, interesting times ahead for Conor. Dana has clearly said that Conor must either defend the FW title in his next fight or give up the belt. Conor is in no mood to do either. I think he clearly doesn't fancy fighting Aldo again just yet, not because he can't beat him, but because the current Light-weight champ is probably his most favorable match-up at LW. If he can somehow convince Dana not to strip him of the FW title for another 6 months, then Conor will very likely become the first man to ever hold two belts simultaneously.

I, for one, can't wait to see what happens next.

THE KING IS BACK!
    It was an epic fight easily the best I've seen in the Octogan! Can you explain what it means to take away a fighters legs with repeated leg kicks? I have a rough idea but would you say it is the equivalent of going to the body in boxing terms? that was a clear game plan. I immediately thought of that to, his conditioning didn't look as good due to a) his weight b) lack of rounds over the years. But you know before the fight I was 100% convinced Mcgregor would win but when he gassed in the 3rd I thought of the weight and was like OMG I forgot to factor that in when it comes to his conditioning, unreal how he found a 2nd wind! that was super human stuff, can you imagine J.R on commentary (He was in his corner to be fair between rounds LOL)

I think Conors best weight will be at LW, he shouldn't go to Welter again imo if Diaz wants a 3rd Mgregor said he better come down. Many peeps are still burning that he won LOL am a pro-wrestling guy first and I couldn't care less even despite the comments he made because most clearly don't know the guy but come to think of it pro-wrestling fans should be loving his shtick and at least be able to get the damn gimmick lmao But seriously Dana should have done a better job hyping the fight that water bottle fight though Vince would have done a better job scripting that

What did you make of Lesnar performance at 200 and him being suspended by USADA, also are you giving CM Punk any chance at all? Also can Tate reclaim the title bah gawd my favourite is no longer the champ, Nunes is a next level beast! her striking is arguably the best in the division it's so vicious
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 27th August 2016 at 00:28.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Btw, don't let the masses fool you. It was a clear 48-47 for Conor with him winning rounds 1, 2 and 4.

The only contentious round was round 2, in which Nate ******* throw around stats that their boy landed more and ended the round strong. However, they conveniently forget that Conor only landed 3-4 less SIGNIFICANT strikes than Nate in that round, controlled 3:30 minutes of that round, and knocked Nate down on his bum 2 times in that round.

There was only one man close to being finished in that round and it wasn't McGregor.

The pros shouted robbery mainly because most of them are jealous that Conor bagged $15 million for his fight against Nate. YES! $15 MILLION! And also because 98% of them went for a Diaz victory. I think out of the mainstream fighters only GSP went for Conor (GOAT recognizes GOAT).

If people want an educated opinion on the fight, out of 15 media outlets, 8 scored it for Conor, 2 scored a draw and 1 scored it for Diaz.
    Connor just about beat someone who had already been beaten ten times and who had also already fought at lightweight before

Whatever you say about Connor he is not the marketing tool he once was

Nate Diaz brought the entertainment and the better mma skills

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    Connor just about beat someone who had already been beaten ten times and who had also already fought at lightweight before

Whatever you say about Connor he is not the marketing tool he once was

Nate Diaz brought the entertainment and the better mma skills
    Losses in the Octogon are more frequent then other combat sports, also due to fighters being unable to pad their records with bums. He still had a significant weight advantage and is stronger at welter. All he does is stick a middle finger, throw water bottles and spew incoherent and nonsensical low grade garbage and comes across as someone mentally disabled during interviews; don't find that entertaining imo. He's a good fighter but levels below Mcgregor and his bustor douglas moment has come and gone, also Mcgregor remains a huge draw for the UFC, the PPV buyrates are evidence to support that.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Losses in the Octogon are more frequent then other combat sports, also due to fighters being unable to pad their records with bums. He still had a significant weight advantage and is stronger at welter. All he does is stick a middle finger, throw water bottles and spew incoherent and nonsensical low grade garbage and comes across as someone mentally disabled during interviews; don't find that entertaining imo. He's a good fighter but levels below Mcgregor and his bustor douglas moment has come and gone, also Mcgregor remains a huge draw for the UFC, the PPV buyrates are evidence to support that.
    He's philosophical if you listen to what he has to say and not what what words he says it wit

Listen to his interview when cm punk got signed up by the ufc

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Ronda Rousey v Amanda Nunes is booked for UFC 207 in Las Vegas!

Surprised that they're sticking Rousey in with such a dangerous striker who has improved in leaps from the word go; to be fair though, you rarely see tune ups. Smart move from Nunes, she could have made some defences after winning in July but decided to wait for the big pay day unlike Holly/Tate.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I don't know why there are people still interested in Cyborg v Ronda, I got the intrigue when there was seemingly no one but her to challenge Ronda but now that Ronda has been beaten by Holly am a lot more interested in the rematch even though it was pretty one sided it would do huge numbers and that ? would be there in regard to whether or not Ronda can overcome her foe. I guess it doesn't help that Holly lost to Tate but it's still a pretty exciting match up and her stock isn't damaged much.

Cyborg is also a natural featherweight and it's a lot harder to move down, she'd had some catch-weight bouts at 140 but would she be a force at 135-140? am not so sure. It makes a lot more sense for Ronda to move up and she's made it clear that she won't be moving above 135 any time soon.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Jon Jones has made a startling admission about his alcohol abuse during an appearance on the Joe Rogan Experience.

Link

The former light heavyweight champion is currently serving a suspension for failing a drug test prior to his UFC 200 fight and decided to deliver a tell-all interview with Rogan that revealed some interesting things.

One was Jones revealing that he used to get "blackout drunk" before all of his fights.

"I had this crazy thing that I would do where I would party one week before every fight," Jones said. "And I did it throughout my whole career. And it was stupid, but it was this mental crutch that I had."

"I literally would, one week before every fight," Jones said. "I would go out and I would get blacked out wasted. And my logic was, if this guy were to beat me somehow, I can look myself in the mirror and say, the reason I lost is because I got hammered the week before the fight.

"I trained for the fight, but I definitely had this thing where I felt invincible," Jones said. "And I did a lot of wild stuff leading up to the fight. I definitely didn't give it my all. Really partying, drinking, staying up all night."

However, Jones self-destructive process continued and caught up with him outside of the cage when he was involved in a hit and run back in 2015 that resulted in his first suspension and subsequent stripping of the UFC light heavyweight title. That was the wakeup call he says he needed and decided to sober up.

"My relationship with alcohol was never healthy, and I never went through a period in which I had a mature, healthy, responsible relationship with it."

Jones said that he abstained from partying and drinking before his return fight against Ovince Saint Preux for the interim title at UFC 197. Surprisingly, he doesn’t believe his performance was any better because of it.

"The first fight I did not (party and drink), it was my worst performance," Jones said.

With his suspension ending next July, Jones said that there will be a new Jon Jones returning to the Octagon in 2017. Still under the age of 30, Jones believes that he’ll right his previous wrongs and the best Jon Jones will finally arrive.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SL_Fan View Post
    Jon Jones has made a startling admission about his alcohol abuse during an appearance on the Joe Rogan Experience.

Link
    Great story to win back some sympathy from the public

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Ronda Rousey v Amanda Nunes is booked for UFC 207 in Las Vegas!

Surprised that they're sticking Rousey in with such a dangerous striker who has improved in leaps from the word go; to be fair though, you rarely see tune ups. Smart move from Nunes, she could have made some defences after winning in July but decided to wait for the big pay day unlike Holly/Tate.
    The Bear called it @Anchorman can you explain who Ronda Rousey trained is and what he has been teaching her exactly? mate I'd have moved my head a lot more then Ronda did in the fight vs Nunes. Anyway it was a dangerous fight for Ronda, you rarely see tune ups in the UFC but Dana missed a trick by not booking Ronda for a tune up to get her confidence back a bit, other thing Ronda spent majority of the year sulking so she was inactive for majority of the year and went straight into a big fight with a dangerous opponent after having been KO'd a year earlier she was bound to struggle irrespective of how well she prepared.

Moving onto the preparation there are serious question marks as far as her team are concerned, yes they probably didn't get enough time to get her ready for the fight and there's only so many changes you can make in a short space of time but Ronda did nothing different from the previous fight against Holly.

So on paper all is not lost because in theory Rousey would need to hire specialist boxing coach who actually understands the fundamentals of defence and movement. The peek a boo style for someone who doesn't necessarily have the height and reach advantage can really help her but defensive boxing strategist such as Virgil Hunter can without a doubt help her to and should be considered. Once her coaching team is on point the next thing would be to take her time, build her confidence back via tune up fights and when her stand up game is ready Dana can stick her in a big fight.

However, the biggest ? is on her heart, you see there are some fighters who will always go into their shell when faced with adversity while others respond immediately. No one enjoys being hit in the face but Rousey seems to lose it mentally and freeze's, having lost the aura of invincibility she seems to have lost her confidence completely as well. She reminds me a little of Victor Ortiz who was incredibly talented, speed, skill, power, brain and even a decent chin but when he'd get hit he just didn't want to continue and after his loss to maidana wasn't quiet the same fighter again. So for this reason am not sure if Rousey will continue or if she'll ever be the same again, either way she's an all time great and the most influential female combat sports star in history and as a fighter her legacy is not in doubt. I personally rate Holly Holms as the ultimate GOAT in all of female combat sport given how she conquered Boxing and MMA but Rousey remains an ATG and the most influential in female combat sport and even sports entertainment where women are booked on par with the men and their skill set is emphasised.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    The Bear called it @Anchorman can you explain who Ronda Rousey trained is and what he has been teaching her exactly? mate I'd have moved my head a lot more then Ronda did in the fight vs Nunes. Anyway it was a dangerous fight for Ronda, you rarely see tune ups in the UFC but Dana missed a trick by not booking Ronda for a tune up to get her confidence back a bit, other thing Ronda spent majority of the year sulking so she was inactive for majority of the year and went straight into a big fight with a dangerous opponent after having been KO'd a year earlier she was bound to struggle irrespective of how well she prepared.

Moving onto the preparation there are serious question marks as far as her team are concerned, yes they probably didn't get enough time to get her ready for the fight and there's only so many changes you can make in a short space of time but Ronda did nothing different from the previous fight against Holly.

So on paper all is not lost because in theory Rousey would need to hire specialist boxing coach who actually understands the fundamentals of defence and movement. The peek a boo style for someone who doesn't necessarily have the height and reach advantage can really help her but defensive boxing strategist such as Virgil Hunter can without a doubt help her to and should be considered. Once her coaching team is on point the next thing would be to take her time, build her confidence back via tune up fights and when her stand up game is ready Dana can stick her in a big fight.

However, the biggest ? is on her heart, you see there are some fighters who will always go into their shell when faced with adversity while others respond immediately. No one enjoys being hit in the face but Rousey seems to lose it mentally and freeze's, having lost the aura of invincibility she seems to have lost her confidence completely as well. She reminds me a little of Victor Ortiz who was incredibly talented, speed, skill, power, brain and even a decent chin but when he'd get hit he just didn't want to continue and after his loss to maidana wasn't quiet the same fighter again. So for this reason am not sure if Rousey will continue or if she'll ever be the same again, either way she's an all time great and the most influential female combat sports star in history and as a fighter her legacy is not in doubt. I personally rate Holly Holms as the ultimate GOAT in all of female combat sport given how she conquered Boxing and MMA but Rousey remains an ATG and the most influential in female combat sport and even sports entertainment where women are booked on par with the men and their skill set is emphasised.
    First of all, hope you're doing well, brother, it's been too long! Largely because of me tbh, been too busy but hope everything is well at your end.

Ronda is finished. You absolutely called it. She checked out mentally after the first punch and I agree that even an amateur would have shown better head movement. I wanted her to lose but honestly felt bad because of how humiliating the manner of defeat was.

With regards to her coach, well, he's largely known as the biggest fraud in MMA circles. The guy is an absolute joke and has the ability to make sure that his fighter regresses even if they have half-decent striker ability. When the fight was announced, there was an uproar among the MMA community about why Ronda wasn't changing camps and they were proven right.

Overall, I believe we've seen the last of Ronda in the octagon. It will take massive courage for her to step back in and I, for one, will be cheering for her this time.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 15th January 2017 at 08:55.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    First of all, hope you're doing well, brother, it's been too long! Largely because of me tbh, been too busy but hope everything is well at your end.

Ronda is finished. You absolutely called it. She checked out mentally after the first punch and I agree that even an amateur would have shown better head movement. I wanted her to lose but honestly felt bad because of how humiliating the manner of defeat was.

With regards to her coach, well, he's largely known as the biggest fraud in MMA circles. The guy is an absolute joke and has the ability to make sure that his fighter regresses even if they have half-decent striker ability. When the fight was announced, there was an uproar among the MMA community about why Ronda wasn't changing camps and they were proven right.

Overall, I believe we've seen the last of Ronda in the octagon. It will take massive courage for her to step back in and I, for one, will be cheering for her this time.
    You rarely post! but I still tag you because the bear knows you lurk I got tabs on you Anchorman! Am good, hope you're all good!

Yeah I read about that coach, Ronda's mom has never been happy with him from day one either but she was still loyal to him but hopefully he gets fired now. Ronda posted an image on instagram which implies that she is considering a comeback and I think she will because there's a lot to prove, I just hope that she prepares a lot better this time and is given some tune ups; Dana has lost the plot these days you need to be smart in booking your talent you can't just throw everything at your fans in one go because too much of a good thing is never great either he needs to be smarter, it's like WCW booking main-event matches on Nitro every week instead of PPV

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    @Anchorman What did you make of Holly Holms vs Germaine de Randamie ? It was a close fight but the judges had Germaine winning by 1 point :@ It was a little cagey fight but I gave Holly 3 rounds and Germaine only 2, her work rate was better although Germaine threw the better power punches; Holly worked a lot more in the clinch and even dropped Germaine twice during the fight with a head kick and beautiful counter left hook.

Another interesting development during the fight was that Germaine hit Holly twice after the bell! the ref should have taken a point off but he did not, had he taken a point off the judged would have scored the fight a draw. I respect Germaine's power but even with her best shots which came after the bell she couldn't drop her opponent, but Holly Holms managed to drop Germaine with her work with legal blows given her superior striking and better timing/counters.

Am a big fan of Holly so very disappointed right now, had followed her a little bit even before she came to the UFC and was among a few including yourself who picked her style to beat Ronda. Such a damn shame, could have become the first female 2 weight world champion and got a win over a decorated muai-thai boxer but she's still the GOAT to me dammit and won this fight in my eyes!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

mA Faryal and Amir looking good, Khan has lost a bit of weight as well @KingKhanWC the tune up is expected in April or May

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    @Anchorman What did you make of Holly Holms vs Germaine de Randamie ? It was a close fight but the judges had Germaine winning by 1 point :@ It was a little cagey fight but I gave Holly 3 rounds and Germaine only 2, her work rate was better although Germaine threw the better power punches; Holly worked a lot more in the clinch and even dropped Germaine twice during the fight with a head kick and beautiful counter left hook.

Another interesting development during the fight was that Germaine hit Holly twice after the bell! the ref should have taken a point off but he did not, had he taken a point off the judged would have scored the fight a draw. I respect Germaine's power but even with her best shots which came after the bell she couldn't drop her opponent, but Holly Holms managed to drop Germaine with her work with legal blows given her superior striking and better timing/counters.

Am a big fan of Holly so very disappointed right now, had followed her a little bit even before she came to the UFC and was among a few including yourself who picked her style to beat Ronda. Such a damn shame, could have become the first female 2 weight world champion and got a win over a decorated muai-thai boxer but she's still the GOAT to me dammit and won this fight in my eyes!
    Just to add to this, notice how Germaine could not catch Holly as clean as she had done earlier in the first two rounds and she'd lose her range once Holly adjusted and closed the distance and slowed her down with kicks to her body and leg

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    We coming for you Mcgregor! @Anchorman Amir has a keen interest in MMA (or maybe just likes watching all the Pakistani fighters beat up the Indians lool), he has his own promotion in the subcontinent

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The Eagle is fighting in six days time. King Khan is going to be fighting Pacman in May. Both with a great shot to win and become greats of their respective sports, InshAllah.

It's gonna be good!

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    The Eagle is fighting in six days time. King Khan is going to be fighting Pacman in May. Both with a great shot to win and become greats of their respective sports, InshAllah.

It's gonna be good!
    I've not followed Khabib as much but his record is stellar and his foundations/background are incredible, he'd pose a tough challenge for Mcgregor; typically I expect the russian to have a fantastic chin? and if the fight is to go on the ground then Conor would lose his title. @Anchorman what can you tell us about Khabib? Also Bilal, if Khabib wins he will become the interim UFC lightweight champion; plus Conor would have to face him in his next fight, not sure if Conor is serious about getting the Floyd fight but if that works out for him then Conor will probably not fight Khabib so you'd hope that Dana would have him vacate the lightweight championship and with Khabib being the interim champion, his title would be converted to a UFC Lightweight World Championship.

Khan/Manny is not 100% confirmed am afraid, both want to fight each other no doubt but their promoters are a little bit of an obstacle. Al Haymon and Bob Arum just settled a law suit and do not exactly see eye to eye, Arum was also hopeful to have Manny face Jeff Horn in Australia; a fight no one wants to see, in terms of logistics and money the fight was set in stone but Manny did not sign the contract. In the background Manny's lawyer had been negotiating with folk in the UAE for a potential bout there, figures such as $38 million have been thrown around however such offers in the past have not materialised in the dessert so promoters tend to be left a bit skeptical.

The other issue is how the fight is going to be organised in such a short space of time in terms of TV deals, stadium and marketing; such contents tend to be promoted well in advance, but with only 8 weeks? am not sure how everything can click so swiftly. It also doesn't help that Manny's promoter is a little bit of an ego maniac and sennile promoter, I think Khan/Manny announcing their fight was a bit of a coordinated P.R stunt to get fans even more behind them because they clearly want to see the fight.

It would make more sense for Khan/Manny to fight later in the year, would be shocked to see it in April.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I've not followed Khabib as much but his record is stellar and his foundations/background are incredible, he'd pose a tough challenge for Mcgregor; typically I expect the russian to have a fantastic chin? and if the fight is to go on the ground then Conor would lose his title. @Anchorman what can you tell us about Khabib? Also Bilal, if Khabib wins he will become the interim UFC lightweight champion; plus Conor would have to face him in his next fight, not sure if Conor is serious about getting the Floyd fight but if that works out for him then Conor will probably not fight Khabib so you'd hope that Dana would have him vacate the lightweight championship and with Khabib being the interim champion, his title would be converted to a UFC Lightweight World Championship.

Khan/Manny is not 100% confirmed am afraid, both want to fight each other no doubt but their promoters are a little bit of an obstacle. Al Haymon and Bob Arum just settled a law suit and do not exactly see eye to eye, Arum was also hopeful to have Manny face Jeff Horn in Australia; a fight no one wants to see, in terms of logistics and money the fight was set in stone but Manny did not sign the contract. In the background Manny's lawyer had been negotiating with folk in the UAE for a potential bout there, figures such as $38 million have been thrown around however such offers in the past have not materialised in the dessert so promoters tend to be left a bit skeptical.

The other issue is how the fight is going to be organised in such a short space of time in terms of TV deals, stadium and marketing; such contents tend to be promoted well in advance, but with only 8 weeks? am not sure how everything can click so swiftly. It also doesn't help that Manny's promoter is a little bit of an ego maniac and sennile promoter, I think Khan/Manny announcing their fight was a bit of a coordinated P.R stunt to get fans even more behind them because they clearly want to see the fight.

It would make more sense for Khan/Manny to fight later in the year, would be shocked to see it in April.
    Many call Khabib the best pound for pound fighter in the UFC right now, maybe behind Bones. McGregor is not to be underestimated, as he has proven time and time again, but if he gets the courage to fight Khabib, you'd be smart to bet on the Irishman losing. It would be a big money fight too, would probably make big money all on its own but if the rest of the card is well-stacked, it has a chance of being one of the most lucrative PPVs for the UFC ever.

For Connor, the best thing right now would be to box Floyd. Win or lose, he'll be rich, become an even bigger mainstream name and will have every avenue open for him, whether that's a return to the UFC, Hollywood, WWE or an early retirement to spend time with his family.

I really think Manny vs Khan will happen and it'll be big. As long as the boxers are down, the promoters will eventually get on board too. Going to be a sick couple of months, to be honest. When is Jones fighting again? This summer, no?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Many call Khabib the best pound for pound fighter in the UFC right now, maybe behind Bones. McGregor is not to be underestimated, as he has proven time and time again, but if he gets the courage to fight Khabib, you'd be smart to bet on the Irishman losing. It would be a big money fight too, would probably make big money all on its own but if the rest of the card is well-stacked, it has a chance of being one of the most lucrative PPVs for the UFC ever.

For Connor, the best thing right now would be to box Floyd. Win or lose, he'll be rich, become an even bigger mainstream name and will have every avenue open for him, whether that's a return to the UFC, Hollywood, WWE or an early retirement to spend time with his family.

I really think Manny vs Khan will happen and it'll be big. As long as the boxers are down, the promoters will eventually get on board too. Going to be a sick couple of months, to be honest. When is Jones fighting again? This summer, no?
    There is certainly an argument which can be made that he is the best P4P fighter, that win streak is incredible; he's undefeated and has long deserved a title shot. He's not been in the main-event before so am not sure of how big the numbers will be but am sure he can be a big star in the future if Dana gets behind him. Not sure when Jones is fighting

Problem is, if Conor does fight Floyd; most likely he will retire because he'd have made money in one fight which would take years to make in the UFC. Also, after losing to Floyd his reputation would be partially damaged in the eyes of MMA fans. For both reasons I don't see Dana making the fight because he realises that for the long term it's not a great idea because he'd be potentially losing a big star for his promotion.

I think it will happen to but am just not sure it will be in April, and quiet frankly I wish it is late in the year because 8 weeks is just not enough for Amir to get ready given all the issues I mentioned in the boxing thread

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Khabib has the potential to be best p4p
    Demetrius Johnson must own that title

Khabib time out probably put him down in everyone's estimation plus a Russian muslim as top dog would not own Dana white and his backers much good will or scope
    Also he can't box as well as Conor and UFC is at direct odds with boxing in a saturated market

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    @Bilal7 Some good news, Manny's lawyer has said that he met with Arum and they are going through with the Khan fight but on May 20th (in the UAE, it's a saturday; hopefully people will come out? I know that Jumma is the holiday in that part of the world) but in America the PPV would be live on a rare Friday (the 19th), getting the timing perfect will be crucial to get a bump in the PPV's

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    @Bilal7 Some good news, Manny's lawyer has said that he met with Arum and they are going through with the Khan fight but on May 20th (in the UAE, it's a saturday; hopefully people will come out? I know that Jumma is the holiday in that part of the world) but in America the PPV would be live on a rare Friday (the 19th), getting the timing perfect will be crucial to get a bump in the PPV's
    The venue will be packed. The Sheikhs wanted Manny to fight Khan. This is good news! Let's hope he wins, InshAllah.

Any chance of Floyd taking on Khan, if he beats Manny, and Floyd can't get McGregor to get past the UFC?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The venue will be packed. The Sheikhs wanted Manny to fight Khan. This is good news! Let's hope he wins, InshAllah.

Any chance of Floyd taking on Khan, if he beats Manny, and Floyd can't get McGregor to get past the UFC?
    No chance at all, I've outlined a number of reasons why Manny is a huge challenge for Khan; but without a doubt I can say that stylistically Floyd would be a lot easier for Amir, which is why Mayweather will never face him. Floyd typically struggles with fighters who are very quick, Oscar De La Hoya arguably beat him on points and we saw how much Floyd struggled in that fight before picking up a split decision win. Khan with his quick feet and hands wouldn't allow Mayweather to fight how he normally does which is off the back foot setting traps etc; Mayweather would have to pressure Khan and he does have that ability to adjust but from his perspective it's just not worth the risk.

Amir was on the brink of getting the Floyd fight and then he made Devon Alexander a former world champion look like an amateur in the ring, that put Floyd off big time; then after the Manny fight he opted to face Andre Berto for less money rather then Khan. He ducked him twice, none of his fans can defend that.

God willing Amir does well against Manny, hopefully everyone comes out to watch him! Amir is heavily disliked in the UK for stupid reasons so am just glad in a way that he will be somewhere the fans really love him, fighting in the UAE will almost be as good as fighting in Pakistan

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    @Bilal7 Khabib fell ill while trying to make weight and was hospitalised, his fight with Ferguson has been cancelling; iA he recovers well, a shame for both fighters that the bout has been cancelled for the UFC 209 PPV and Tony will not be fighting a late replacement opponent.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    @Bilal7 Khabib fell ill while trying to make weight and was hospitalised, his fight with Ferguson has been cancelling; iA he recovers well, a shame for both fighters that the bout has been cancelled for the UFC 209 PPV and Tony will not be fighting a late replacement opponent.
    Hope he gets better. Very disappointed.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Hope he gets better. Very disappointed.
    This is the third time their fight has been cancelled, first time Khabib was injured, second time Tony got injured and now Khabib had to pull out after being hospitalised due to weight cutting.