Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's My Way, Or The Highway - Shahid Afridi (HD Video)

Whether you love him or you hate him – there is no denying that Sahibzada Mohammad Shahid Khan Afridi, is one of if not the most entertaining and exciting talents to ever step on a cricket field. The guy is an enigma who draws crowds in, no matter where he is playing in the world. Whether it’s the Big Bash league in Australia, the SLPL or – dare I say it (political issues aside) - the IPL, you can guarantee that Afridi will be one of the first players to be snapped up by any team.

Afridi brings a certain X factor to the team that very few players can. He has presence in the changing room and on the field. He may not deliver as often as his fans would like him to, but as long as Afridi is there – ‘kuch bhi ho sakta hai’. He is a player who brings together generations. From grand-parents to grand-children – Afridi has everyone on the edge of their seat.

In all my years of watching cricket I have never seen anyone who can fill up a stadium, or empty a stadium as fast as Afridi can. He is a genuine all-rounder. On his day he can destroy a team with the bat or ball and even in the field with some stunning catches and jaw dropping run outs. He is a senior player, who juniors look up to. The same juniors who grew up watching Boom Boom on their TV screen.

My latest video is a tribute to Boom Boom Afridi. The video highlights some key moments in his career – T20 World Cup 2009, 37 ball 100 etc. and also looks at some blemishes – ball tampering, pitch tampering etc.

Afridi is a player who loves competition and is a fighter. He is a tough guy who is passionate about everything he does. He shares one thing with all of Pakistani fans – and that is jazba. However, he is not someone who will be stepped on, ignored or pushed aside. Afridi, like many pathans (such as Younus Khan & Imran Khan), has one motto - It’s my way, or the highway.

Hope you enjoy the video – and all feedback (with regards to the video!!) is welcome!

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Great Britain
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish. Oh how I WISH he still played Tests. He was an INCREDIBLE Test player. There is a huge number of very young Pakistanis who have grown up these last few years and have no idea how good he was at Test cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arghh.. Not got flash player on my phone so can't see it. Will have to look at it tommorow on my laptop!

Listen to your parents. Love them and respect them. Do not ever disobey or be rude to them

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Venue
    Connecticut USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately his highway always ends up back in pavilion after a couple of balls

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blood pumping, adernaline rushing, heart throbbing, jaw dropping, and chest thumping extravaganza of ruthless entertainment.

That's pure class !!!!

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkCooper View Post
    I wish. Oh how I WISH he still played Tests. He was an INCREDIBLE Test player. There is a huge number of very young Pakistanis who have grown up these last few years and have no idea how good he was at Test cricket.
    He certainly had a lot to offer to the Test side

Quote Originally Posted by adzzy786 View Post
    Arghh.. Not got flash player on my phone so can't see it. Will have to look at it tommorow on my laptop!
    Ah sorry mate - I don't have YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Khan View Post
    Unfortunately his highway always ends up back in pavilion after a couple of balls
    Ha...ha...ha...hilarious Dr Khan

Quote Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
    Blood pumping, adernaline rushing, heart throbbing, jaw dropping, and chest thumping extravaganza of ruthless entertainment.

That's pure class !!!!
    Thanks a lot bro - glad you enjoyed it

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by FreeBird

That's pure class !!!!

Usually gives us a total of 5-10 balls of that and his bowling is pretty crappy against any strong opposition...I have rarely seen a bowler being taken to the cleaners by so many different batsmen the world over!

I will take someone like Bhatti or even Anwar Ali any day over this show off wanna be all rounder who is usually worse than a tail ender

Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monsee View Post
    Usually gives us a total of 5-10 balls of that and his bowling is pretty crappy against any strong opposition...I have rarely seen a bowler being taken to the cleaners by so many different batsmen the world over!

I will take someone like Bhatti or even Anwar Ali any day over this show off wanna be all rounder who is usually worse than a tail ender

Oh wow...what an interesting and enlightening post, full of statements I have never ever heard anyone say before...

Monsee doesn't like Afridi - what a shocking and brand new revelation....

Get over yourself mate. Pretty pathetic when people go into threads, or onto YouTube videos with the sole purpose of spewing negative garbage. If you don't like something/someone, please find something better to do with your time other than telling everyone you don't like something/someone over and over again, because honestly - no body cares!

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    Oh wow...what an interesting and enlightening post, full of statements I have never ever heard anyone say before...

Get over yourself mate. Pretty pathetic when people go into threads, or onto YouTube videos with the sole purpose of spewing negative garbage. If you don't like something/someone, please find something better to do with your time other than telling everyone you don't like something/someone over and over again, because honestly - no body cares!
    In public forums, you are always going to get comments from everyone.

You have some interesting moments in your clip. Brought back some of my old memories.
    Last edited by Buffet; 26th January 2014 at 02:11.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't worry about this extremely small minority of Afridi haters that primarily exists on Pakpassion forum only. They have the right to spew hate by hiding behind a computer in the name of "voicing our opinion."
    In sharp contrast to this small lil bunch, Afridi enjoys a world class fan base that keeps growing by the day, or else, imagine why Imran didn't invite Misbah or Hafeez to participate in the talent hunt effort in KPK?

It's funny that this small bunch of haters boil their blood on PP while Afridi, who is well passed his retirement, keeps enjoying the limelight without knowing the existence of these people LOL.

Lets put it this way, as you said,,,, If Afridi doesn't care about these people why should we?
    Last edited by FreeBird; 26th January 2014 at 02:53.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Not a fan of Afridi but brilliant work as always Talha

Maybe Shehzad next?

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing Talha!

One thing that always stands out in your montages is the time you put into the music. The soundtrack once again was an excellent choice and the timing with the shots going in with the chorus were very nicely done!

I'm not a fan of Shahid Afridi, but I can appreciate a nice montage when I see it.

P.S. Can you share the source for the quotes from Michael Holding, Alastair Cook, Geoffrey Boycott, and Kevin Pietersen?

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great video especially this last interview!

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh God. Will the Glorification of such a mediocre player ever end ?

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Someone could make a video tribute to Srinivasan with the same song. Would be more apt.

No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    Someone could make a video tribute to Srinivasan with the same song. Would be more apt.
    I second this! (serious)

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
    In sharp contrast to this small lil bunch, Afridi enjoys a world class fan base that keeps growing by the day, or else, imagine why Imran didn't invite Misbah or Hafeez to participate in the talent hunt effort in KPK?
    1- Afridi has only those supporters in Pakistan who enjoy his 6(1) innings and one of the worst bowling records. A tulla cricket fans.

2 - Why Imran didn't invite Inzamam, Yousuf, Shoaib Akhtar, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis etc?

Hint, it's a KPK government program and Imran only invited players from KPK - Younus Khan, Junaid Khan, Umar Gul, AND Afridi.
    You're an Afridi fan, so it automatically shows why you couldn't understand the logic of why he didn't invite Wasim Akram/Inzamam/Misbah.

You're the type of people who are Afridi fans.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Piping in to nominate this as the POTW

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Can someone post the fb link, once it's posted on fb please. Thanks.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    The Moon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great work yet again Talha!

Have you ever been to heaven at night?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    imran fahat > Afridi

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great video

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Good work brother, as always!

Just my view, but the comments in this thread should relate to the video and your work instead of Shahid Afridi, the player.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good video; bad player

Misbah, Wahab, Junaid, Root, Williamson fan.
    T20 isn't Cricket

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Fantastic video Talha bhai.

Loved Boycott's quote about Lala

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ahh what a player. On his day he can make the best of the best of the best bow down to him and the rest of the days he does that to his team. Nevertheless a great video. Brought some good memories back.

Very good work. Perhaps do the next video abt the rising stars of the team.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Nice one. Wish we could depend on him a little more though.

Just because my team doesn't win doesn't mean they aren't the best in the world.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great video! Gotta love Aussie commentators lol
    Last edited by DeRanged; 26th January 2014 at 10:39.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    pls give fb link..!

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Youtube link?

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    In public forums, you are always going to get comments from everyone.

You have some interesting moments in your clip. Brought back some of my old memories.
    Yup I appreciate that - but the comments about Afridis place in the team etc. don't need to be posted in a thread like this. There are plenty of other threads where they can be posted. It's like hwen you see people post negative comments on YouTube - it's pathetic. People need to find something better to do with their time other than tell everyone they are un happy with something/someone.

And yea - I wanted to cover both sides of the Afridi story

Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Not a fan of Afridi but brilliant work as always Talha

Maybe Shehzad next?
    Thanks a lot bro

Thats a good idea man, I'll look into it InshAllah

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Cronie View Post
    Thanks for sharing Talha!

One thing that always stands out in your montages is the time you put into the music. The soundtrack once again was an excellent choice and the timing with the shots going in with the chorus were very nicely done!

I'm not a fan of Shahid Afridi, but I can appreciate a nice montage when I see it.

P.S. Can you share the source for the quotes from Michael Holding, Alastair Cook, Geoffrey Boycott, and Kevin Pietersen?
    Thanks a lot bro - really appreciate the kind word.

Man those quoted I have just seen over the years of following

The only place I can find where they are all compiled together are:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2182914AAe24tL

But will try getting more reliable sources to you ASAP bro

Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    Great video especially this last interview!
    Thanks a lot man

Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    Hahaha - should just have the song in the background and a picture of him zooming in and out

Quote Originally Posted by sachjinn View Post
    Piping in to nominate this as the POTW
    Thanks a lot bro

Quote Originally Posted by London_Lahori View Post
    Can someone post the fb link, once it's posted on fb please. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    pls give fb link..!
    Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    Youtube link?
    Sorry in_cutter bro I have not uploaded it to YouTube but here is the FB link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...60877912739606

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny786 View Post
    Great work yet again Talha!
    Thanks a lot man

Quote Originally Posted by emranabbas View Post
    great video
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DHONI183 View Post
    Good work brother, as always!

Just my view, but the comments in this thread should relate to the video and your work instead of Shahid Afridi, the player.
    Thanks a lot man - completely agree with you.

I would be more then happy if someone came here and said they didn't like something about the video, but its pathetic and sad for people to come here with the sole purpose of criticising the player

Quote Originally Posted by DrSchultz View Post
    Good video; bad player
    Thank you bro

Quote Originally Posted by ~Red Devil~ View Post
    Fantastic video Talha bhai.

Loved Boycott's quote about Lala
    Thanks a lot man

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan0312 View Post
    Ahh what a player. On his day he can make the best of the best of the best bow down to him and the rest of the days he does that to his team. Nevertheless a great video. Brought some good memories back.

Very good work. Perhaps do the next video abt the rising stars of the team.

Thanks a lot bro - check out the video below which I made about a year ago

Quote Originally Posted by 96NotOut View Post
    Nice one. Wish we could depend on him a little more though.
    Thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by DeRanged View Post
    Great video! Gotta love Aussie commentators lol
    Thank you - yup commentary makes games/clips so much more exciting!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How these youtube videos have helped afridi's career lol...

good vid!

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @talha well done on that video too. I must have missed it. Nice reagan quote

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Thank you Talha!

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Re: It's My Way, Or The Highway - Shahid Afridi (HD Video)

Thanx bhai.. you know who is my fav..
    Roaring Lion..
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1390760491707.jpg
Views: 1606
Size:  19.0 KB
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1390760516451.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  24.9 KB
    Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Smbhayi; 26th January 2014 at 17:23.

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Dubai/Glasgow*
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brilliant stuff, Talha. Loved every bit of it.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Google+, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot bro - really appreciate the kind word.

Man those quoted I have just seen over the years of following

The only place I can find where they are all compiled together are:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2182914AAe24tL

But will try getting more reliable sources to you ASAP bro
    Thanks. I tried searching for them and I think they may be fake and made up I'm afraid.

Forgot to mention the first time, sweet PP intro!

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really great video Talha!

Choice of music fits perfectly with the intensity of Afridi's cricket.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good video, music not so much.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Brilliant.

Why the hate for him man? He's not as bad as people make out.

Wish he played tests because he was a brilliant test batsman. Added A LOT to our team. Averages same amount of Asad Shafiq with more hundreds. Its like Afridi batting like Shafiq but with a test SR of 87 then add his bowling and you have a quality cricketer.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Random
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for this post and video. It was a great reminder and brought a smile to my face

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched on my laptop as promised! Loved the video bro! Great Job!

Listen to your parents. Love them and respect them. Do not ever disobey or be rude to them

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjahmed23 View Post
    How these youtube videos have helped afridi's career lol...

good vid!
    Haha thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan0312 View Post
    @talha well done on that video too. I must have missed it. Nice reagan quote
    Thanks a lot bro glad you likes it

Quote Originally Posted by London_Lahori View Post
    Thank you Talha!
    Thank YOU bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    Thanx bhai.. you know who is my fav..
    Roaring Lion..
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1390760491707.jpg
Views: 1606
Size:  19.0 KB
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1390760516451.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  24.9 KB
    Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2
    Haha thanks a lot bro

Quote Originally Posted by Azlan Khan View Post
    Brilliant stuff, Talha. Loved every bit of it.
    Thanks a lot man

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Cronie View Post
    Thanks. I tried searching for them and I think they may be fake and made up I'm afraid.

Forgot to mention the first time, sweet PP intro!
    I think some of them might be but I think I recall hearing a couple of them - e.g. I think Cook said his quote in a pre match press conference and Michael Holding said his quote on Sky Sports in a post match analysis.

Yea man it's a really nice video! Have a look on Fame Ovais's youtube channel for more vids

Quote Originally Posted by menace2society View Post
    Really great video Talha!

Choice of music fits perfectly with the intensity of Afridi's cricket.
    Thanks a lot man

Quote Originally Posted by Gangnam View Post
    Good video, music not so much.
    Thanks man - appreciate the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    Brilliant.

Why the hate for him man? He's not as bad as people make out.

Wish he played tests because he was a brilliant test batsman. Added A LOT to our team. Averages same amount of Asad Shafiq with more hundreds. Its like Afridi batting like Shafiq but with a test SR of 87 then add his bowling and you have a quality cricketer.
    Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_Ahmed84 View Post
    Thank you very much for this post and video. It was a great reminder and brought a smile to my face
    Glad the video achieved its purpose

Quote Originally Posted by adzzy786 View Post
    Watched on my laptop as promised! Loved the video bro! Great Job!
    Thanks a lot man glad you liked it

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was sos GOOD man! Great work keep it up!

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome work.

I wish if you could have added just one lil excerpt from this video at @3:32 when Dean Jones says,
    "That is pure violence, nothing else but".

And there is another one @ 1:59 when Dino says,
    "Harbhajan thinking O' I wish I back in India"

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    Mentioned
    981 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Brilliant stuff Talha, as always. Afridi, for all his flaws has had a massive impact on Pakistan cricket, nobody brings out the same level of energy.

Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.