Venue
    Kuala Lumpur/UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"If you don't accept the offer, we'll part ways" : Giles Clarke

Former PCB Chairman, Najam Sethi spoke on a TV Channel earlier today.

“I went to represent Pakistan in the ICC meeting in Dubai after receiving the letter from their President.”

“That meeting was not on the agenda and was requested by the BCCI, ECB and ACB.”

“We were told that it’s very confidential and the three boards will present agenda ideas.”

“I contacted the WICB and they were also not aware of that.”

“They thought it’s regarding revenue sharing and the control of the ICC.”

“I tried again with other boards, but never got to know the real deal.”

“They want to run the ICC and their affairs.”

“As India, Australia and England generate the most revenue, they want more money than other boards.”

“We went to the meeting and before the meeting, I found out that another meeting between the ICC, BCCI, ACB and ECB was already underway.”

“After that meeting, we were also allowed to join, which gave me a clue that there was something fishy.”

“In that meeting, ECB’s representative presented the new formula.”

“Srinavasan came forward and then the ACB President had their turn and they showed us the new formula via some charts.”

“We were told that if we are getting Rs.10 now, after the new formula, we will be getting more than 10.”

“They said they would get the most money as they generate the maximum revenue.”

“After they had stopped presenting, they asked us to question and believe you me, nobody spoke. We were speechless.”

“I looked at the BCB and they had their head down, the NZCB were looking here and there and the WICB didn’t even send their President as they didn’t want to get humiliated. They sent their vice-President.”

“SLCB was also spellbound and there were two representative from each board.”

“COO Mr. Subhan Ahmed was also there with me. He was also quiet.”

“I stepped up and asked Giles Clarke, who started the briefing, about it.”

“I said to him that all this talk of yours reminds me of the United Nations.”

“There are 5 vito powers in the UN and they run all global politics in their favour.”

“I said this is reversal to the ICC and you want to have vito powers.”

“He said to me that yes, you are right and we want the powers because we have the right.”

“They will run the ICC, earn the most money and every cricket board will have to listen to them.”

“I warned him that this is not a democratic structure and will not go well.”

“He was speechless and Srinavasan started speaking that the BCCI generates the most revenue and if they stop playing, the ICC would be doomed.”

“Star, SONY, Ten Sports etc. are Indian broadcasters and they have the highest bids.”

“He said to me that the PCB will not get benefits from it.”

“Giles Clarke said that if you guys don’t accept the offer, we will part ways.”

“No other board was speaking there and just I was speaking. Other boards were asking me not to speak.”

“They were planning this model secretly for the last 6 months.”

“They didn’t include us as the BCCI were not on the same page as we were.”

“The other boards were not invited to the secret meeting as it would have created a fuss.”

“They gave us the deadline of a week to answer to this offer and I objected.”

“We are not even getting international matches to host, so I had to object.”

“They will offer the PCB, SLCB and BCB etc. a lot of money.”

“They will continue cricket ties with us and use us as bait.”

“What if their government doesn’t allow us to play with them and vice versa?”

“They said if they host our series, they will earn 100% revenue and when they play away with us, they will still earn 70% revenue.”

“There is very little resistance in Bangladesh and they are pro-India.”

“They have sidelined Sri Lanka and want Bangladesh and Afghanistan to join us.”

“We will have to consult all boards and their media to try and resist this formula.”

“According to the current formula, in the next eight years all boards will get 117 Million dollars each.”

“According to the new formula, India will be getting 500% more money, England 75%, Australia 15% more, while Pakistan, South Africa etc. will get 30% less.”

“The affiliate and associate nations will get nothing at all.”

“We will not be able to help other countries like China etc.”

“If they think they can play cricket without South Africa, Pakistan and West Indies, they are mistaken.”

“South Africa are No.1, Pakistan are rising and West Indies used to dominate cricket.”

“They will only play for two years and after that, they will be finished.”
    Last edited by Shayan; 26th January 2014 at 21:10.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Google+, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Kuala Lumpur/UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some brilliant quotes by Najam Sethi!

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Google+, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well some indians should see these and now it will be really pitty if indians will defend this

"Bangladeshi are celebrating as if they have won the match" - Harsha Bhogle on Afridi's dismissal

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some pathetic and horrible comments by srinavasn and clarke giles

"Bangladeshi are celebrating as if they have won the match" - Harsha Bhogle on Afridi's dismissal

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if he actually said all of those things or just made them up in the show.

If you're first you're first. If you're second you're nothing - Bill Shankly

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Canadian gone English
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    Not sure if he actually said all of those things or just made them up in the show.
    Hahaha exactly. People need to read these things with a grain of salt. Sethi went from being incompetent, but when he says something people agree with, he is a great source of information. People cannot have it both ways.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly.

Dont trust this Najam fella one bit

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Najam speaking sense and tbh it really burn's to hear cricket head's say "we will part way's" and "it's our right" since when did cricket belong to them!.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They said if they host our series, they will earn 100% revenue and when they play away with us, they will still earn 70% revenue.”

if its true then LOL on ICC offcials now its quite clear that they are puppet of BCCI

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaudrySaab View Post
    Najam speaking sense and tbh it really burn's to hear cricket head's say "we will part way's" and "it's our right" since when did cricket belong to them!.
    Seriously honestly this is the end of cricket if its true

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if sethis memory of what happened is accurate, this is horrific. it should be an automatic boycott of india, england and australia by the rest of the eight playing nations for this bizarre greed fuelled mutiny.

disgusting.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldnt put it past giles clarke and srinivasan to have said app this though. They are greedy.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Horrid from Giles Clarke and great to see the Pakistani was man enough to respond.

Shehzad, Sharjeel, Maqsood, U.Akmal, Haris, Jamshed, Babar Azam & Sami Aslam

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “No other board was speaking there and just I was speaking. Other boards were asking me not to speak.”
    what a brave man.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You raise a valid point but I doubt he would lie about this.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    "They will only play for two years and after that, they will be finished.”

That's what I'm hoping. They'll kill their own cricket. Hope PCB/CSA/WICB/NZ/SL stick together.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giles was right

Najam has been replaced with giles' friend Zaka

''....the sea would be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted... ''(18:109)

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even before news was coming that najam sethi was the only guy to question these big 3 while other was just quite

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Lahori View Post
    "They will only play for two years and after that, they will be finished.”

That's what I'm hoping. They'll kill their own cricket. Hope PCB/CSA/WICB/NZ/SL stick together.
    NZL already have been bought and WICB have almost surrended

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts exactly.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razabbas View Post
    Even before news was coming that najam sethi was the only guy to question these big 3 while other was just quite
    Which News?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If true. IF....Giles Clarke sounds like an idiot.

#FreePalestine #SupportGaza #PrayForGaza #PrayForPalestine

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which News?
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...d.php?t=195496

Here you go buddy and that one guy is najam sethi and now he have told everything openly so one have to believe najam sethi atm + sethi is a politcal analyst so he know alot about UN and veto powers etc etc so he was the one to stand against them
    Last edited by razabbas; 26th January 2014 at 22:14.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Ireland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why are people surprised? I knew as soon as the tried to make the world cup a Full member only event that the ICC only serves the interests of the few and that the big boards couldnt give a toss about other nations

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...d.php?t=195496

Here you go buddy and that one guy is najam sethi and now he have told everything openly so one have to believe najam sethi atm + sethi is a politcal analyst so he know alot about UN and veto powers etc etc so he was the one to stand against them
    Doesn't say it was Sethi? Could CSA? You don't have to be a political analyst to know about UN and veto powers. Everyone knows that..

Najam sethi has no credibility.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't say it was Sethi? Could CSA? You don't have to be a political analyst to know about UN and veto powers. Everyone knows that..

Najam sethi has no credibility.
    Why are you assuming ? just leave it najam sethi was there and he have said what he have seen so it doesnt matter who stood up at that time the matter is the point he stated holds weight these three are clearly giving warning and were trying to force other nations to vote them

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh I will believe Sethi on this one overall. I really doubt he has made a lot of these points just for TV.

Either way it's disgusting what the BCCI and thier chamchas are trying to do.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cricket's death

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When he say 'part ways' does he mean splitting from the ICC?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This whole thing is awful to say the least. I can't believe this is happening for real. When I heard these news for the first time, I thought these were just rumors. Are these guys insane? They are trying to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly then Sethi was a media person. He may simply want to be in the lime light by having sensational headlines. He is not even in PCB right now( correct me if I am wrong).

I remember him giving some idiotic comments earlier. I can imagine ECB/CA/BCCI taking the stance what he is saying but I am bit more careful with sensational headlines which relies on the memories of a media person.
    Last edited by Buffet; 27th January 2014 at 00:51.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Argentina
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If people are arguing that Sethi is not credible, let's see anyone from India, Australia, England board comes and deny this...

Without wax yours
    One whos genuinely sleepin can b awoken but one who pretends to b sleeping cannot

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let BIG three parts away. The other 7 boards should make World Cricket Council (WCC). They should give Ireland, Netherlands, and Afghanistan ODI, and T20 regular status.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will part ways and go play with each other for ever...and ever!

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he actually said these things, I want him back as PCB chief. I honestly have never seen a man more desperate to play India as Zaka and I am afraid he is going to take the BCCI's bate. God help Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you assuming ? just leave it najam sethi was there and he have said what he have seen so it doesnt matter who stood up at that time the matter is the point he stated holds weight these three are clearly giving warning and were trying to force other nations to vote them
    Add two and two

Najam Sethi is lobbying to get back the PCB chairmanship. He needs people support and standing against BCCI and its stooges is the prefect way to get on people's good books. He has exactly done that. If he wasn't running after the chairmanship he would have been the first one to say we can't dare to stand in front of BCCI.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What worries me most is, this will kill all chance of cricket ever becoming popular outside the current big 10 countries.

Afghanistan, China, USA, Ireland...say bye bye to any cricket

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
    Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never expected this from giles clark

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Class 1 ma aik kahani suni the aj usko haqeqat hota dekh raha ho "aik shahks k pass sonna(gold) k anday dainay wali murghi hoti ha aik din wo lalch ma usa zibah kar daita ha aur usma sa kuch nai nikalta aur wo bad ma sar pakar k beth jata ha"

This is what will happen to BCCI they will really feel pitty for this proposal if this proposal goes on they will get more money for 2-3 years but after that indians will lose intrest in watchng india playing again n again with aus n eng then from where they will generate the revnue ?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Boston MA (from Sydney Aus)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wonder if Giles Clarke and Srinivasan will get on the telly and give their own versions of what happened lol.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno, as an Indian I have always respected Sethi for his political analyses. I'd give some credence to what he's saying.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaudrySaab View Post
    My fear is that Bcci would create an alternate Pakistan 11 and play with them by offering huge amounts of money to the players. Just like icl did in the past.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has already been mentioned in several articles all over the place by writers that the troika have threatened a walkout, so not sure why people are doubting Sethi.

You can watch the entire program here: http://www.zemtv.com/2014/01/26/apas...-january-2014/

Proud Shehri of Misbah Ka Pakistan

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one should doubt what sethi said happened in the meeting, it has been reported by Osman and jarod. But i have my doubts whether sethi said "UN veto" stuff in the meeting or not.

Sethi should've leaked the report right after 9th jan meeting.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Beyond The Wall
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ View Post
    is N Srinivasan paying you to lobby for BCCIndia on PakPassion or are you doing it for free?

you seem to be going around all the threads and defending your beloved cricket board.

Its my responsibility to spread awareness.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't be surprised if these allegations were true. No smoke without fire and in this case we already know the big three want a big bite of the cake, whether it be money or power, and they would play down any opposition nonchalantly.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 21% BCCI revenue share is nothing wrong, it should be allowed
    but the Veto by the Rebel3 is all trash, and should be done away with it
    IMO The resolution will be passed with many corrections

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    471 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is rubbish from ICC and the boards that want power.

If the proposal goes ahead, I'll stop watching cricket and I think so would most fans of cricket. This is just not acceptable.

“There's no advantage to hurrying through life." - Shikamaru Nara

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    really, and how do you know what actually happened at the meeting in Jan 9?
    Last edited by DHONI183; 27th January 2014 at 08:55.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    halifax
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    You're not spreading awareness but demonstrating your ignorance. The simple point is this....."is Najam Sethi telling the truth about all that is said as he describes it in this meeting"

There may or may not be truth in his interview as only the people present would know for sure. But logically speaking for the observers the point is simply, "could a meeting have taken place where a proposal by the big three was put to selective members of other boards"

I think everybody except you can believe that such a meeting would logically have taken place and given the fact that this greedy and biased proposal is already on the table and its existence not in dispute it is quite likely that at some stage it would have been presented to other members to buy them into the deal.

Najam is simply going a step further by explaining how it was received. We can choose to believe him or not but its a sad state of affairs as on absolutely every measure it seems to be in the worst interests of the weaker boards and seems simply as a measure to cement the power and wealth of the big 3 at the cost of others.

Now why you choose to defend or even speak for the BCCI is beyond me.
    Last edited by Abid Z; 27th January 2014 at 08:25. Reason: spg

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really, and how do you know what actually happened at the meeting in Jan 9?

Najam Sethi might have exaggerated a bit, but he's not going to make up the whole thing.
    Last edited by DHONI183; 27th January 2014 at 08:55.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If true then its sick by the big three and ICC. Giles has lost his mind. Unbelievable meeting.

"Pakistan have made a mess of it"

Heard it a Hundred times and counting.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this puts to rest the theory by some Aussie-English fans that they are trying to actually save cricket by teaming up with BCCI so they can reduce its power. Funny though, only one ex-English cricketer has so far made a comment and that too after so many days. While the news is all over in India being criticized by many ex-cricketers.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The other boards should just part ways and include the associates with them.

Let Aus, Ind and Eng play among themselves and eventually, the paying public will get bored and stop watching the same old rubbish.

Also, what right do they have of a 70% revenue during an away tour?

The host should be getting 80%, with 20% going to the visitors, whether it be the "big 3" or any other team and if they want 100% as a host, then the others should also get 100% revenue during hosting.
    Last edited by Barragan; 27th January 2014 at 11:48.

"Those whom give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither"

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what worries me most is Zaka Asharaf is leading PCB... he will fail big time

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"If you don't accept the offer, we'll part ways" : Giles Clarke

This is shocking stuff...so now they are blackmailing other boards?? Disgusting.

Btw, what is the source for OP?

Team Pakistan - A Tribute HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPSTZpSEn_4

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Garhwal Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asifp View Post
    What worries me most is, this will kill all chance of cricket ever becoming popular outside the current big 10 countries.

The more you stuff cricket with crappy teams, the sooner it will die. Don't care about T20 crap, but ODIs and Tests don't need this.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Electron View Post
    The more you stuff cricket with crappy teams, the sooner it will die. Don't care about T20 crap, but ODIs and Tests don't need this.
    everyone other than England and Australia was a 'crappy team' at one point in their history.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Near Southall. But not as desified.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You couldn't be more wrong. Cricket needs to spread and for that to happen it needs to be brought to as many different countries as possible.

Noone's saying make China a test playing nation tomorrow, but you need to show emerging countries that- "well if Ireland and Afghanistan are progressing so much in the last 10 years that they may have a FC setup soon, why can't we?"

Cricket needed to explode years ago in China and Europe but this could sign the death warrant for smaller nations.

This scenario actually makes me think English football and its money distribution is fair!

It's not the failures, the heartbreak or the losses that hurt. It's the hope.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that 70% stuff is that as Srininavasan said that if indian govt. allows team to india to play Pakistan at a nuetral venue or Pakistan can play their home series in India an idea floated by last time then BCCI will demand 70% of revenue and PCB will get 30% now this is real "Bad-maashi"

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Garhwal Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigii View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. Cricket needs to spread and for that to happen it needs to be brought to as many different countries as possible.

Noone's saying make China a test playing nation tomorrow, but you need to show emerging countries that- "well if Ireland and Afghanistan are progressing so much in the last 10 years that they may have a FC setup soon, why can't we?"

Cricket needed to explode years ago in China and Europe but this could sign the death warrant for smaller nations.

This scenario actually makes me think English football and its money distribution is fair!
    It's good if they develop a FC setup. But they need to be kept a division below until they are really good to compete at the highest level.
    For Tests, Cricket does not need more than 8 teams ever ! The cycle of playing all nations already stretches years, which is too long.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-k View Post
    what worries me most is Zaka Asharaf is leading PCB... he will fail big time
    yes but remember he isnt a dictator and will only go on consensus. You cant just blame Zaka if things go wrong.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Garhwal Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everyone other than England and Australia was a 'crappy team' at one point in their history.
    Don't you feel we are approaching a saturation level, atleast for Tests ?

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West Indies (see Tony Cozier's article on Cricinfo), New Zealand and Bangladesh have pretty much towed the line already, Sri Lanka won't object much either.

Pakistan and South Africa are pretty much outnumbered already.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: "If you don't accept the offer, we'll part ways" : Giles Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    yes but remember he isnt a dictator and will only go on consensus. You cant just blame Zaka if things go wrong.
    The way he became PCB is dictatorship

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you feel we are approaching a saturation level, atleast for Tests ?
    if anything there is not enough Test cricket these days.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Near Southall. But not as desified.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good if they develop a FC setup. But they need to be kept a division below until they are really good to compete at the highest level.
    For Tests, Cricket does not need more than 8 teams ever ! The cycle of playing all nations already stretches years, which is too long.
    Of course they do, at the end of the day you want a quality product, but what is the incentive for an up and coming nation to invest any money into cricket?

There has to be some kind of end product but I suppose it's a vicious cycle of sorts. The big nations want money- so how do they do that? By keeping the game of a high quality so they can sell it to, for example China. But why would China buy in if it doesn't have a say?

Well if I was part of the Chinese Cricket Board and there was no hope of progression, why bother at all?

The ICC should be the ones that are going to China, Brazil, USA, Germany etc saying you invest money into cricket through teams and sponsorship and TV rights and in return, your teams will be playing at a higher standard against the likes of Nepal, UAE etc.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is if you want the TV deals from across the globe (or if you aren't cynical, to make the game more popular) you need to give those counties a vested interest in cricket.

It's not the failures, the heartbreak or the losses that hurt. It's the hope.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sethi was not supposed to say these things in public. But since he was stripped of PCB's position, he comes out and say it publicly.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sethi only talks when he is not on seat. Some huge bongian by Sethi. seems like he was the only hero fighting the big evil lords, and look zaka just took it lyiing down.
    lets reinstate him to pcb chairman.

Sethi is more of a opportunist politician than a manager.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly Sethi is exaggerating it but if the reality is close to what he is claiming, then Cricket is in for a bad time...

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West Indies (see Tony Cozier's article on Cricinfo), New Zealand and Bangladesh have pretty much towed the line already, Sri Lanka won't object much either.

Pakistan and South Africa are pretty much outnumbered already.
    Highly unlikely that SA will suffer because of this. They have the best Test team going around and BCCI,ECB and CA would want series against them. Pakistan are more likely to suffer.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: "If you don't accept the offer, we'll part ways" : Giles Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Highly unlikely that SA will suffer because of this. They have the best Test team going around and BCCI,ECB and CA would want series against them. Pakistan are more likely to suffer.
    Pakistan are already isolated, can only gain from here onwards.

SA paying the price for butting heads with BCCIndia.

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
    My fear is that Bcci would create an alternate Pakistan 11 and play with them by offering huge amounts of money to the players. Just like icl did in the past.
    Not gonna happen . They would literally have to give the player picked Indian citizenship. IF the Pak govt. don't want its players participating then they have a 100 ways to make it happen.

you really can't beat the game. If you earn anything, it's minus taxes. If you buy anything it's plus taxes.

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's what they want . Imagine , if you are the top dog , why would u wanna risk losing that position .If the game gets some roots in China or USA (not easy) then the equation changes .

you really can't beat the game. If you earn anything, it's minus taxes. If you buy anything it's plus taxes.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan are already isolated, can only gain from here onwards.

SA paying the price for butting heads with BCCIndia.
    Highly doubt that. BCCI has had worse issues with CA in the past. Purely economic in my opinion.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Test cricket need not, and should not become popular outside the current big 10 countries. Unlike other sports, test cricket is a long affair played over five days. There is no point in dozens of nation of playing this format because most of us aren't going to follow these matches anyways. It is very difficult to organize competitive matches - just imagine if there were 25 nations and each team has to play most of them within specified periods, this won't work. It takes a very long time for a new test nation to emerge as a competitive team and it isn't simply worth it to spend ICC money on this.

ODIs and T20s need to be popularized the world over, and I see no reason why this will not happen even if the new proposals are signed.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe Najam must have said, he cannot make up all this on national TV.

Good stuff from Najam but what matters is what Zaka Ashraf will do tomorrow, He is a sensible man, at least I think that way, I hope Zaka will do what is best for international cricket, our beloved game.

Pakistan's vote is perhaps the most crucial vote tomorrow, I do not see anyone other than CSA and BCB voting against ... I'm absolutely sure that SLC and WICB will give in, ZC doesn't matter, they don't get anything anyways and will settle for whatever 1 or 2 money making series they get from the Big 3, it may all come down to the vote of PCB.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zaka will/has bow down. Expect some depressing news in the coming days.

#FreePalestine #SupportGaza #PrayForGaza #PrayForPalestine