Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's Australia's best opener at the moment by far. Place shouldn't be in question at all. Had an excellent Australia tour too.

He's not an FTB IMO, his footwork ain't bad. Does lack the patience to grind it out, don't think he's capable much of those sort of innings. That's more his problem. If the pitch is hard to score runs at a decent rate, it'll be hard for him to stay in for long. Some tricky pitches with good bounce can actually be easier to score runs even if the chance of getting your wicket is higher.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    This is a very tough pitch. Look how he responded.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    This is a very tough pitch. Look how he responded.
    was dropped thrice to be honest

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    So what if he was dropped. He still has scored those runs. Many of the greatest knocks have had drops in them.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He would barely make the Pakistan Test team. Hack of a player.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Mamoon a joke of a poster. Warner is quality.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think he's a serious tool and I don't like him, but he is a quality batsman no doubt.

I started to rate him with that hundred chasing against New Zealand. Very adaptable and destructive batsman.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Getting dropped thrice and scoring a hundred.

Big deal.

Don't rate him at all. He belongs in the a Finch category. Not a genuine batsman.

Can do a job on a flat deck against an insipid bowling effort or against a good attack by getting dropped numerous time. Otherwise, nothing to write home about.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Getting dropped thrice and scoring a hundred.

Big deal.

Don't rate him at all. He belongs in the a Finch category. Not a genuine batsman.

Can do a job on a flat deck against an insipid bowling effort or against a good attack by getting dropped numerous time. Otherwise, nothing to write home about.
    And here you are writing home about him

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie View Post
    And here you are writing home about him
    I'm writing about how ordinary he is

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Even Watson has a good average but everyone knows (in spite of brining great all round value to the side) he's a poor batsman.

Warner can't play swing, neither can he play spin. Just a homeless man's Sehwag.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Eh, not enjoying seeing this shocking tool wearing a PP shirt.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Warner is like Sehwag.

Looks dodgy when batting. They look like legends with a bit of luck.

Attacking batsmen do need some luck to score runs.

Not everyone is blessed with Dravid type defense.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    It is fairly obvious why Bullet Drive is high on him.

Just turned 27. Well technically, his contract doesn't cover players above the age of 25 but it can be negotiated for a year or two.

Cannot construct a proper Test match innings show rock solid defense and tecnique, lets say a 100 or a 150 and a strike rate of 50 odd.

Is an utter tool of a person with no moral ethics.

:umarakmal

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Warner is a million times better than Finch.

Finch is a mid teens average player for Victoria

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hypocritical and shameless Mamoon as ever! calling the guy who averages 47 a hack.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So what happens here, Warner scores a hundred and at the end of the match they take a hundred off Australia's score because Warner is a hack. What difference does it make if a hack makes a hundred is it still scored as a hundred on the scorecard?.

Will the umpires at the end of the match say that AB's 89 was much better than Warners 115 so SA win the match, how does being a hack affect the result.

The only difference I have seen so far is that some people get upset when Warner scores and try to bring him down, sort of like a sour grape situation but on the flip side Warner brings spectators through the gate, I know I would rather watch Warner bat than most current batsmen for the sheer entertainment value.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    737 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Warner has been lucky in the last few months in the Ashes he consistently failed in the first innings but due to Aus great bowling which gave them huge leads it gave Warner free license to attack against a demoralised attack he needs to improve his first innings scores Johnson and co will have their off days too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Warners first innings average is 36.05

compare this to Misbahs first innings average of 28.8 and it looks OK.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    737 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Is David Warner a Flat Track Bully?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Warners first innings average is 36.05

compare this to Misbahs first innings average of 28.8 and it looks OK.
    I'm not a big Misbah fan so I don't think having a higher average than Misbah is a big achievement you gotta admit though Warner isn't good enough in tje first innings in the Ashes he got one 50 in the first innings all his runs came after Mitch had blown away England and he had a 150+ lead so essentially there was no pressure on him and his ton today was like that too he has to step up in the first innings and set up games for Australia too to become a top class opener

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adil_94 View Post
    I'm not a big Misbah fan so I don't think having a higher average than Misbah is a big achievement you gotta admit though Warner isn't good enough in tje first innings in the Ashes he got one 50 in the first innings all his runs came after Mitch had blown away England and he had a 150+ lead so essentially there was no pressure on him and his ton today was like that too he has to step up in the first innings and set up games for Australia too to become a top class opener

I dont think it matters what Warner does, whenever he scores some runs it will be because of a flat track, poor bowling, no pressure or whatever excuse is available on the day. All that matters is he puts runs on the board and at the moment he is doing that and you need runs on the board to win matches. If you score them in the first or second innings they still count towards a win.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    737 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I dont think it matters what Warner does, whenever he scores some runs it will be because of a flat track, poor bowling, no pressure or whatever excuse is available on the day. All that matters is he puts runs on the board and at the moment he is doing that and you need runs on the board to win matches. If you score them in the first or second innings they still count towards a win.
    Warner is great at flattening teams and dominating them when Aus are on top . like they were in the Ashes and in this test so far and that is a great skill in itself but there will be times when Aus will be struggling and won't have a huge lead to play with and that will be the litmus test for Warner if he can score tons when his team are in a hole

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    After the horrors of the last few years i don't care when our bats score runs just as long as they score runs, people say this was an easy situation well lets go back to cape town 2011 almost identical first innings lead but instead of one of our top 6 making a so called easy ton we got rolled and badly lost the test.

When facing these blokes 1 down in your second dig with a 190 run lead it is still very much game on, they have the bowlers and the bats to win from that spot thats not me saying it thats the record books showing it.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Japan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better a 2nd innings ton, than no ton at all.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    737 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trogger View Post
    After the horrors of the last few years i don't care when our bats score runs just as long as they score runs, people say this was an easy situation well lets go back to cape town 2011 almost identical first innings lead but instead of one of our top 6 making a so called easy ton we got rolled and badly lost the test.

When facing these blokes 1 down in your second dig with a 190 run lead it is still very much game on, they have the bowlers and the bats to win from that spot thats not me saying it thats the record books showing it.
    Fair enough I agree with you I'm just talking about in general on Warner you don't want him to get an Ian Bell type of . reputation (before Ashes 2013) todays ton was important as it shut SA out of the game so I rate him for that

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I just think curiously warner is getting stick because he didn't fail yesterday.

if warner nicks one right after rogers gets out and the aussies get rolled for under 150 all the talk is about how warner couldn't handle that tense game situation vs steyn and co yet he gets through the hard part makes a ton and suddenly his lack of failure means that tense situation never existed?

With that sort of thinking not really sure how the batsmen can ever win?

He makes a duck well he failed again under pressure but he makes a ton well there was never pressure to begin with how could they be if he made a ton?
    Last edited by trogger; 15th February 2014 at 02:41.

Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw his hundred against NZ where Australia just lost the match by a few minor runs and have to say, anyone to call him an FTB after that needs their eyes checked . And if they still persist after witnessing yesterday's onslaught on the No.1 ranking bowling attack in their backyard, their heads need to be check .... thoroughly! .

Luck is an important part of Cricket ,and it favors only the brave. Using dropped catches as an excuse to diminish this innings is childish, it ain't Warner's fault that SA fielders still had butter left on their fingers from their early morning breakfast. At the end of the day , he's scored valuable runs and has left his team at a commanding position .

Averaging 40 as an opener for three years straight, deserves appreciation.

You compare a lizard to Umar Akmal, that lizard will become Godzilla. - Leatherface58

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Warner has been lucky in the last few months in the Ashes he consistently failed in the first innings but due to Aus great bowling which gave them huge leads it gave Warner free license to attack against a demoralised attack he needs to improve his first innings scores Johnson and co will have their off days too

This. Warner's 2nd innings average shows that he bullys demoralised attacks. It may be soon, but I think Johnson had already demoralised the Proteas

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Boston MA (from Sydney Aus)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'd rather have a flat track bully than a no track bully.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    737 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As a neutral I rate Marsh and Smiths tons more as they came when SA were on top and set up the game for AUS Warner needs to have more knocks like that

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always felt that he was a bit too overrated

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As a neutral I rate Marsh and Smiths tons more as they came when SA were on top and set up the game for AUS Warner needs to have more knocks like that

No question, they were vital knocks 4 for not many facing a fired up steyn on a juicy pitch if we lose another quickly there it's almost game over.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Probably really helped out by facing Johnson in the nets.

Everything looks like a flat track after that

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Averages 40 in test cricket SR of 70 whilst opening the batting. Tremendous figures.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah he is pretty good. Imagine if we had him in Cape Town in that third innings. ...

People forget sometimes it's 99 % about runs and wickets and focus too much on semantics.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    714 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Currently 2nd most runs in the series after AB.

Warner 263 runs 1 century and 2 fifties. AB 284 runs 1 century and 1 fifty.

" It is true, Pakistan cricket is not defined by planning, it is not defined by team work and it is not defined by an entire match. It is defined by moments, moments of inspiration, moments of magic, moments when the unsung become the sung, when the world starts rotating in the opposite direction, when the abnormal becomes the normal, when delusion becomes logic – it is when the stars align. "

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Is David Warner a Flat Track Bully?

He is a hack but a very useful one who gets solid starts for his team i guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he was playing for Pakistan people no one would question him.

Yeah sure he takes a lot of risks but they are calculated ones. And looking at his average it is paying off. He scares and intimidates fast bowlers.

A big asset for Australia. He just needs to improve his game against spin, looks vulnerable there at times.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Planet Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's smacked Saffers around for a good 66. Looks solid player to me.

And gets out to Duminy of all people

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Sad times for Test cricket when a cowlasher like him is one of the best openers going around today.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    Napier, NZ
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus I want to state that he's just gotten lucky (and he has, with the dropped catches, wrong umpire calls, et al) but I'm bound to be flamed.

I'll just tell you this: if somebody had told me that the guy was to score a 110, 70 and 65 in the first two matches of the series looking ahead to it well in advance, I wouldn't have believed it.

Enzed.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    737 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He's had his fair share of luck this series but he's made the most of it

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    before the game i would have picked him to fail early in both innings on a pitch like this.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Avg of 42.88 with a sr of 71.58. Warner might not be as good as Hayden or Gilchrist, but he scores the runs when his team needs

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1012 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Is David Warner a Flat Track Bully?

My opinion is not too much and too often based on statistics due to which I would just state that David Warner is my favourite batsman in Test cricket right now, irrespective of what the flaws are in his technique, whether this is just a purple patch, or whether he will end up being worked out soon or not. I maybe just prefer players who get the scorecard ticking and put the opposition on the back foot.

So yeah, an excellent innings against a quality bowling line-up of South Africa, in their backyard, should and deserves to be rated highly. He takes them on whatever stuff they dish out at him.

Keep going!
    Last edited by DHONI183; 1st March 2014 at 19:57. Reason: Minor typo

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hack or not, he has scored heaps of runs in this series.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He had failed on his first 3 away tours so was a big series for him after his ashes runs at home.

Not going to lie and say i thought he would do well in SA, i actually thought our middle order might make the runs and out top order would flop vs this sort of attack.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trogger View Post
    Not going to lie and say i thought he would do well in SA, i actually thought our middle order might make the runs and out top order would flop vs this sort of attack.
    Agreed. He has surpassed my expectations by a wide margin. It's very demoralizing for opposition when you have an opener scoring so quickly. Some draws gets converted to potential win due to quick and big runs as well.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hack or not..He's definitely exceeded my expectations as a batsman and as an opener generally since
    he's got his team off to a good start consistently which no opener has been doing
    I still think he's a hack but if he's scoring, he's scoring...He will fail in the SC tho cos he struggles vs Elgar and Duminys spin what are and gonna do. If Aus do tour, I wouldn't mind Hafeez cos of the amount of left handers they have .
    But Warner is scoring runs which in the end is the most important aspect of batting.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Warner is great at flattening teams and dominating them when Aus are on top . like they were in the Ashes and in this test so far and that is a great skill in itself but there will be times when Aus will be struggling and won't have a huge lead to play with and that will be the litmus test for Warner if he can score tons when his team are in a hole

Step one towards removing this perception I guess.

Yes there are sports other than cricket. Keep track of what's happening at @SportsPakPassion on Twitter!

Broaden your horizons. Talk about other sports that the world plays in our Sports Corner forum!

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    737 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OZGOD View Post
    Step one towards removing this perception I guess.
    Exactly before anyone thinks I'm a Warner hater I'm not I love watching the guy bat it's just before this series he had scored a lot of you could say 'easy runs' but he's showing his development under Boof that he is scoring runs when Australia are under pressure and need them most not just flogging attacks when his team has a 200 run lead he is the most exciting opener in World Cricket and we've needed one since Sehwag declined

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Exactly before anyone thinks I'm a Warner hater I'm not I love watching the guy bat it's just before this series he had scored a lot of you could say 'easy runs' but he's showing his development under Boof that he is scoring runs when Australia are under pressure and need them most not just flogging attacks when his team has a 200 run lead he is the most exciting opener in World Cricket and we've needed one since Sehwag declined

Not saying you are, I was just responding to your post. I (usually) don't tend to label people one thing or another - I just respond to posts people make and issues people raise. The issue you raised is legitimate - his first innings runs have been a concern and he admitted it himself.

David Warner says he needs to make more first-innings runs

February 16, 2014

With his 115 on Saturday the 27-year-old took his record in second innings in Tests to 1014 runs at an average of 48.29, with four centuries and three half-centuries.

In first innings, however, Warner has struggled to replicate that form, scoring 1037 runs at 37.04, with two centuries and seven half-centuries.

''At the moment I'm scoring consistent runs, but I'd like more in the first innings than in the second innings,'' he said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/...#ixzz2uk20Tf5l
    So these runs, and more of them, will go a long way towards him removing that perception.

Yes there are sports other than cricket. Keep track of what's happening at @SportsPakPassion on Twitter!

Broaden your horizons. Talk about other sports that the world plays in our Sports Corner forum!

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    797 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If he isn't rated by Mamoon, he is good - Shakespeare.

Well, Shakespeare didn't say this but he might as well have.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He does have weakness on these tracks, but like Sehwag he leaves such a trail of disaster that leaves the bowlers shell shocked, and makes them loose their line and length. So you need to get him early, failing which he is not going to sit and wait for the runs. Any test batsman who scores runs at higher than a strike rate of 60 is going to be a night mare for bowlers.

"This one doesn't take the cake, it takes the bakery" - Gavaskar

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    bounce track, home track, flat track, spin track you name it bully...If he's scoring runs, he scoring runs. End of, runs=good batsman, destroying attacks=v.good batsman...Something he's doing..(still a hack tho )

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    737 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If Warner can master playing quality spin :Ashwin he will become a world class opener but it's a big IF

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherface58 View Post
    If he isn't rated by Mamoon, he is good - Shakespeare.

Well, Shakespeare didn't say this but he might as well have.
    Its funny how Mamoon is owned so often with his 'bold' statements but continues to embarass himself.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The new Hayden.

Or is he better?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The new Hayden.

Or is he better?
    Needs to score a mountain of runs consistently before talking about him being the new Haydunce.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Surrey
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warner has certainly been very consistent of late

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The new Hayden.

Or is he better?
    No case of him being better right now. Warner needs to do it for a much longer period. I think this is the first series outside of Aus when Warner made runs.
    Last edited by Buffet; 2nd March 2014 at 00:53.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    His numbers are stacking up just like Sehwag at the moment. Averages something like 88-90 in South Africa (Pakistan for Sehwag), but fairly mediocre everywhere else in challenging conditions: England, India, New Zealand, etc.

Averages under 25 in India as of this knock.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bat sizes will be monitored : ICC

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new Hayden.

Or is he better?
    Hayden has runs in Asia and lots of them.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference between Warner and Smith/Hayden/Cook is:

They did really well in Asia..

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rate him quite high, good bat, you cant be an avg bat if you can smack Steyn back over his head for 6s

"Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Purgatorio
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    I rate him quite high, good bat, you cant be an avg bat if you can smack Steyn back over his head for 6s
    tbh even Solomon Mire did that to Steyn but I do get your point.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FTB or not. Warner will win you games when you're out of them and the start he provides you with is an absolute gift. In the end, its not about stats, its not about where you've scored and its not about who you've scored against, its about how many games you've won for your team and Warner already has plenty.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Another failure.

Funny Warner continues to get a free pass and his spot is never in danger.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Another failure.

He has to be dropped for next game

I think even Khwaja would do better

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Another failure.

one the establishment boys....plus will get a century at some stage in this series.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gone again. He's looked awful throughout this tour.

Tomorrow's going to be interesting if India get quick wickets.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    one the establishment boys....plus will get a century at some stage in this series.
    he has just 2 innings left.

actually just one cuz if he ever is gonna get a century in Asia it wont be in second innings

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    He doesn't make the Bangladeshi Test team if you are playing anywhere but Australia and South Africa. Brilliant ODI batsman, but by far the most overrated Test batsman today.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He doesn't make the Bangladeshi Test team if you are playing anywhere but Australia and South Africa. Brilliant ODI batsman, but by far the most overrated Test batsman today.
    He does have a test century in UAE and Sri Lanka (I think..)

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    He does have a test century in UAE and Sri Lanka (I think..)
    Not in SL. We have a long documented history of making players look good, so I think the hundred in the UAE can be ignored.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strong contender of one of the biggest FTB in history of cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another failure.

He can tear apart any attack in Australia. So, its obvious his spot would never be in danger.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    He can tear apart any attack in Australia. So, its obvious his spot would never be in danger.
    Then he should find another job for 10 months of the year.