Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 134 of 134
  1. #81
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    2,102
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasim Akram rated Martin Crowe, Jacques Kallis and Sunil Gavaskar as among the best batsmen he has ever bowled to.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    17,260
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post


    Can you tell me someone who was clearly better than Dravid once he debuted?
    Smith, Gibbs, MoYo and SRT comes in my mind but I think Dravid was probably better than them in swinging conditions.

    Also, this better or worse depends on how you look at it. If you are looking for players who can attack and defend both then SRT is simply better than anyone else in swinging conditions. I won't read too much into his last tour of Eng. I have seen enough of his batting in swinging conditions before his decline.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  3. #83
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    6,661
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pujara will be the best Test batsman in the world in 2 years.

    I will name him based on my foresight.
    Better than ABDV or Clarke? lol

  4. #84
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    8,154
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrolln View Post
    While Dravid did exceedingly well against Anderson, he was all at sea against Wasim (arguably the greatest swing bowler ever) . So i don't think you can call him the greatest ever against swing.

    This is the first video that pops up when you search 'Dravid swing' on youtube -

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlILHkJakv8
    Every batsman has found himself at sea some time or the other against great bowlers. Other wise every great batsman would make a 100 or 200 every time he goes to bat. This is why we assess the entire career of batsmen, not assess their worth based on 3 minute clippings.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    11,839
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amla and Dravid are 2 who come to mind straight away.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    6,207
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pujara will be the best Test batsman in the world in 2 years.

    I will name him based on my foresight.
    Really? He is looks limited
    Last edited by Hamza_; 12th March 2017 at 22:53.

  7. #87
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    16,003
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In Pakistan its Azhar comfortably


    She got a light-skin friend,look like Michael Jackson
    A dark-skin friend,look like Michael Jackson

  8. #88
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    14,250
    Mentioned
    850 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Hafeez

  9. #89
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,759
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    All the South Africans.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    10,321
    Mentioned
    1186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    It's a lousy field, and Kohli, Smith and Williamson are especially poor in this area.

    I would say Joe Root and AB De Villiers. Chris Rogers was pretty good too until he retired.

  11. #91
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    7,120
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of: Renshaw, Latham, Elgar, Raval, Azhar, Vijay, Sami, and Brathwaite.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  12. #92
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    4,049
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amla from the current era.

  13. #93
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,159
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    One of: Renshaw, Latham, Elgar, Raval, Azhar, Vijay, Sami, and Brathwaite.
    Renshaw, Latham, Elgar, Raval and Brathwaite... is this some joke.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    25,779
    Mentioned
    751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hashim Amla, before age caught up with him, was outstanding against lateral movement of any kind. Every great spinner of his era had been neutralized at one point or another at their home venue and his game against the pacers was ever better.

    Kane Williamson is the best against swing and seam at the moment.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    799
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    amla


    Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    899
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahane,Rahul and R. Ashwin from India.
    Rahane along with Smith the best in the world.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    10,321
    Mentioned
    1186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Hashim Amla, before age caught up with him, was outstanding against lateral movement of any kind. Every great spinner of his era had been neutralized at one point or another at their home venue and his game against the pacers was ever better.

    Kane Williamson is the best against swing and seam at the moment.
    Sorry, but Williamson is horrible against lateral movement.

    He plays with hard hands and little footwork.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    24,834
    Mentioned
    2502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Probably Amla from the current lot I would say, before the recent struggles that is. Gets right behind it and most importantly knows when to leave the ball.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,473
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dravid has to be the best ever . Just watch his 3 hundreds in the last 2011 tour of England .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  20. #100
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    20,542
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    Dravid has to be the best ever . Just watch his 3 hundreds in the last 2011 tour of England .
    Dravid > Tendulkar


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  21. #101
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,473
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    But Dravid doesn't dominate bowlers. So that counts against him a bit.
    it should not in Tests . Shewag is twice as good as any other batsmen in that case .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  22. #102
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,473
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Dravid > Tendulkar
    as a Test player , Never a doubt there .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  23. #103
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    2,877
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez

  24. #104
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    7,120
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Renshaw, Latham, Elgar, Raval and Brathwaite... is this some joke.
    Elgar and Latham are really good. That much should be obvious.

    Renshaw and Raval were pretty good v.s. Pak. It remains to be seen how they perform against others.

    Brathwaite is overlooked as he plays for a poor team.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  25. #105
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    7,120
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amla is quite mediocre against swing/seam atm.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  26. #106
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    1,237
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NZ opener, Mark Richardson ( Don't know if I remember the correct name).

  27. #107
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    3,169
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How can you tell ?

  28. #108
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,159
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Elgar and Latham are really good. That much should be obvious.

    Renshaw and Raval were pretty good v.s. Pak. It remains to be seen how they perform against others.

    Brathwaite is overlooked as he plays for a poor team.
    Latham is decent again seam/swing, but by no means is he any where near the best. The same applies for Elgar.

    Ans since when is performing against Pakistan a parameter to show how good a player is against lateral movement? Pakistan currently has one of the worst Test attacks in world cricket.

  29. #109
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    7,120
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alistair Cook is pretty good too.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  30. #110
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    2,351
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Root, Bairstow and Faf

  31. #111
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    1,154
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dravid before and Amla nowadays.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  32. #112
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    1,154
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean Amla in last few years after Dravid's retirement.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  33. #113
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz95 View Post
    People are always saying 'the real test is vs SA in SA' and other nonsense like that but when something like facing Rehman And Ajmal in UAE isn't(for a non subcontinental batsman). So swing lovers, who's the best player of swing you've ever seen and who is currently?
    out of any of the test playing nations...
    Azhar Ali is certainly the best batsman in difficult seaming and swing conditions

  34. #114
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    7,411
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    lol old threads being bumped. There's no clear cut winner here so honourable mentions to Root, Williamson, Latham, Smith, Sami Aslam, Cook, Rahane and Azhar Ali.


    I also see how highly Pujara was rated...if he continued how he did when I made this thread, I'd struggle to see how he wouldn't be the best batsman in the world.

  35. #115
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    2,062
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Joe root currently.

    Dravid in the recent past but neither face fast pitches or really great bowling attacks.

    By far the best play against swing/seam at pace, left hand right hand, orthodox swing and reverse swing against the best attack of it's time in conditions to suit that attack were by....

    Alec Stuart against Pakistani pace masters in 1992 and 1996. Made god knows how many half centuries on the trot when the likes of gower, gooch and botham looked liked rookies.

  36. #116
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use to say The big man Inzimam ul Haq is the best player against Pace bowling along with him i think Amla did well.

    When we talk about swing and seam bowling then we must compare openers or one down batsman because the lower order batsman didn't face much of swing and seam in current era.

  37. #117
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abid Z View Post
    Joe root currently.

    Dravid in the recent past but neither face fast pitches or really great bowling attacks.

    By far the best play against swing/seam at pace, left hand right hand, orthodox swing and reverse swing against the best attack of it's time in conditions to suit that attack were by....

    Alec Stuart against Pakistani pace masters in 1992 and 1996. Made god knows how many half centuries on the trot when the likes of gower, gooch and botham looked liked rookies.
    Yes i remember it. He is on top at that time.

  38. #118
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,131
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe Root and Steven Smith.

  39. #119
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    3,976
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khurram39 View Post
    We use to say The big man Inzimam ul Haq is the best player against Pace bowling along with him i think Amla did well.

    When we talk about swing and seam bowling then we must compare openers or one down batsman because the lower order batsman didn't face much of swing and seam in current era.
    Really? I mean you're serious?


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  40. #120
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    3,157
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    England and South African players in general.

    Gibbs, Trescothick, Robin Smith, Stewart, Cronje, are were good. Trott was excellent before 2013.

    Root is the best at the moment but he doesn't score big too often. Amla and Cook were probably even better at their peaks.

    Graeme Smith and Dravid have been the preeminent players of swing since 2000. Yousuf is the best among Pakistanis while Atapattu among Sri Lankans. Chris Rogers looked ugly but he had a workable and effective way of playing. Similar to Langer. Mark Taylor was probably most comfortable against lateral movement among Australians.

  41. #121
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,654
    Mentioned
    800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    it should not in Tests . Shewag is twice as good as any other batsmen in that case .
    Yes its not. A Pujara 200 (500 balls) was worth more than Sehwag 150 (100) for the sole reason Pujara can control the innings better and stitch up partnerships unlike a swashbuckling player who can thrash everyone and then get out leaving the others to carry it forward (SR does have its tremendous uses at times).

    But when comparing against complete players who can match Dravid in any conditions and can also take charge, lack of dominance counts against him.

    I feel Dravid was India's best when it came to pure swing.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  42. #122
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    4,049
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Yes its not. A Pujara 200 (500 balls) was worth more than Sehwag 150 (100) for the sole reason Pujara can control the innings better and stitch up partnerships unlike a swashbuckling player who can thrash everyone and then get out leaving the others to carry it forward (SR does have its tremendous uses at times).

    But when comparing against complete players who can match Dravid in any conditions and can also take charge, lack of dominance counts against him.

    I feel Dravid was India's best when it came to pure swing.
    You are back! Where were you these 12-14 days? I can tell you that your posts were missed a lot given how entertaining the current home series is going on.

  43. #123
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,654
    Mentioned
    800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    You are back! Where were you these 12-14 days? I can tell you that your posts were missed a lot given how entertaining the current home series is going on.
    Thanks for the kind words man. Have been really busy.

    May not post in the upcoming days too. Or maybe I will try to.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  44. #124
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,500
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Tendulkar was the best Asian batsman on such pitches.

    Overall, it will be someone from Australia, England, or SA.

  45. #125
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    6,661
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to name one, but some batsman that looked quite confortable: Trott, Ricky Ponting, Kallis, Amla.
    Cook also very good against medium pace swing bowling, not that good when it's swinging In the 140's.

  46. #126
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    6,661
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Tendulkar was the best Asian batsman on such pitches.

    Overall, it will be someone from Australia, England, or SA.
    Yes, Anderson agrees!

  47. #127
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    462
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every batsman struggles against swing bowling. No batsman mastered by art of playing swing bowling


  48. #128
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,473
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Yes its not. A Pujara 200 (500 balls) was worth more than Sehwag 150 (100) for the sole reason Pujara can control the innings better and stitch up partnerships unlike a swashbuckling player who can thrash everyone and then get out leaving the others to carry it forward (SR does have its tremendous uses at times).

    But when comparing against complete players who can match Dravid in any conditions and can also take charge, lack of dominance counts against him.

    I feel Dravid was India's best when it came to pure swing.
    And that player is ? The 2011 series the way Dravid handled extreme swinging conditions , you are tellimg me there are players who can do that as well and score at a faster rate ? Thats just a theory . I know there are players who can score faster than Dravid , but not when it swings .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  49. #129
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,473
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    It's hard to name one, but some batsman that looked quite confortable: Trott, Ricky Ponting, Kallis, Amla.
    Cook also very good against medium pace swing bowling, not that good when it's swinging In the 140's.
    Some times I wonder you ever watch a match live ? Ponting was extremely weak against swing . Amla isnt exactly top tier , neither was trott or cook . Kallis was good .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  50. #130
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,654
    Mentioned
    800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    And that player is ? The 2011 series the way Dravid handled extreme swinging conditions , you are tellimg me there are players who can do that as well and score at a faster rate ? Thats just a theory . I know there are players who can score faster than Dravid , but not when it swings .
    Players like Sachin, Lara can match Dravid in any conditions and score faster.

    Check out the rate of scoring of theirs in countries like Aus, SA and NZ compared to Dravid. Even in England, they should be having higher SR. Players like Ponting, Pietersen, Clarke, Laxman can play swing/seam bowling and score quickly too as and when the situation demands it.

    Dravid's style of batting was precisely why he couldn't make it count as much against ATG attacks cos he was too slow and the attacks were too good to let him get away with it.

    I really don't understand what we are debating here. I have said Dravid is our best bat against pure swing but against complete swing/seam bowling, his inability to dominate does go against him at times.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  51. #131
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    25,779
    Mentioned
    751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    Some times I wonder you ever watch a match live ? Ponting was extremely weak against swing . Amla isnt exactly top tier , neither was trott or cook . Kallis was good .
    Lol. Amla has been a better batsman against swing and seam than Dravid. What's Dravid's average in South Africa?


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  52. #132
    Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    7,004
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ajinkya Rahane




    MS Dhoni - Greatest Captain ever

  53. #133
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    1,154
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For seam and swing:

    Kane Williamson right now
    before him Hashim Amla (especially swing)
    and before him Rahul Dravid


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  54. #134
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    4,567
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Williamson. NZ condition taught him how to deal with swing.


    Forgive when you are on top. Don't you want to be forgiven?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •