Karachi, PK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KarachiKing View Post
    student hoon!
    US mein na? Konsa state? Weren't you at Texas A&M?

"The boos I can handle. It's the silence of the educated fans that rankle…" - New Yorker Cartoon

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Apna Karachi aik sau saath
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zane_ View Post
    US mein na? Konsa state? Weren't you at Texas A&M?
    nah transferred after a year. in PA now

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what abt you? which state are you in?

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My index finger of my right hand is bothering me right now. I dropped a catch yesterday, while trying to catch the hard ball. For some reason my finger was in the way of my palm when the ball was coming down on my hand. So the ball hit my index finger and swollen it. It hurt badly, but I shaked it off and now I am treating it with some stuff.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, PK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what abt you? which state are you in?
    Colorado. Absolutely love the mountains. Road trip doesn't cost that much money.

"The boos I can handle. It's the silence of the educated fans that rankle…" - New Yorker Cartoon

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Rain rain go away, come again another day."

That tune is in my head right now since the rain won't go away. Two days of rain is destroying my outing. I want to see the sun and the flowers blooming. While I am out there jogging. Yet sadly mother nature is not allowing me. It has officially become a bother for me.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    The pain in my right wrist/forearm returned with a vengeance exactly the day before an important test!

He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.
    — Michel De Montaigne

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blinding light View Post
    The pain in my right wrist/forearm returned with a vengeance exactly the day before an important test!
    May ALLAh give you complete health soon, so that you can ace the test.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikball View Post
    May ALLAh give you complete health soon, so that you can ace the test.
    Thank you Ikball-bhai!

— Michel De Montaigne

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zohaib Shah View Post
    "Rain rain go away, come again another day."

That tune is in my head right now since the rain won't go away. Two days of rain is destroying my outing. I want to see the sun and the flowers blooming. While I am out there jogging. Yet sadly mother nature is not allowing me. It has officially become a bother for me.
    I'll be welcoming it here.

At the moment, the heat and dust is annoying the hell outta me. As always.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 96NotOut View Post
    I'll be welcoming it here.

At the moment, the heat and dust is annoying the hell outta me. As always.
    Yeah I know hows it like in Pakistan. Pakistan is one place where you wish rain would fall atleast one time a week. It completely cools down the atmosphere and makes it a springy weather. Over here its been raining 2 to 3 times a week. Its really been awful.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I'm completely indifferent as to whether I live or die anymore.

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    nah transferred after a year. in PA now
    Pennsyltucky! My (adopted) home state!

What part of PA, if you don't mind my asking? The Appalachians aren't far away wherever you are. In fact I was actually in the Appalachians during my time there.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Colorado. Absolutely love the mountains. Road trip doesn't cost that much money.
    That reminds me, I need to transfer to CO. Ain't the Rockies grand?

Plus there's the herb. CO is heaven on earth.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    So you two are in the state I reluctantly had to leave, and the state I've been unable to transfer to.

I hate you both. Don't talk to me for at least another five minutes.

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Pennsyltucky! My (adopted) home state!

What part of PA, if you don't mind my asking? The Appalachians aren't far away wherever you are. In fact I was actually in the Appalachians during my time there.
    Central PA. just moved temporarily to philadelphia though but will prolly be back soon.

Aap kidhar se hain?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Central PA. just moved temporarily to philadelphia though but will prolly be back soon.

Aap kidhar se hain?
    Oh dear, I think you're attending my alma matter.

We are!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, PK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That reminds me, I need to transfer to CO. Ain't the Rockies grand?

Plus there's the herb. CO is heaven on earth.
    Ever since I came here, I have read more of John Muir. Only 20 minutes away from a hiking trail. I think you should pack your bags and visit!

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Ever since I came here, I have read more of John Muir. Only 20 minutes away from a hiking trail. I think you should pack your bags and visit!
    Oh, I'm trying to get a trip arranged, ostensibly for business purposes, since my boss is based on CO Springs. The office is very close to Garden of the Gods.

CO Springs is a conservative place that has banned the herb. But my CO colleagues tell me I could drive to Pueblo for it.

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh dear, I think you're attending my alma matter.

We are!
    doubt it! if the 2nd line is supposed to be a hint haha

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

What is bothering you right now?

doubt it! if the 2nd line is supposed to be a hint haha
    Too bad. The second line is indeed the school's battle cry, so if that doesn't ring a bell, I guess not.

Now I'm trying to rake my brains about what other schools are in Central PA apart from the "big one" and it's many campuses. Juniata and Lock Haven come to mind.
    Last edited by Nostalgic; 26th June 2014 at 07:36. Reason: .

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, PK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I'm trying to get a trip arranged, ostensibly for business purposes, since my boss is based on CO Springs. The office is very close to Garden of the Gods.

CO Springs is a conservative place that has banned the herb. But my CO colleagues tell me I could drive to Pueblo for it.
    I think Pueblo is a 30 min drive from Colorado Springs. But drive 30 min more and you're in Boulder. I'm sure you're familiar with Boulder, CO .

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I think Pueblo is a 30 min drive from Colorado Springs. But drive 30 min more and you're in Boulder. I'm sure you're familiar with Boulder, CO .
    Of course. Hippie mecca. Wouldn't mind living there, and I was really upset when UC Boulder rejected me.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, PK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course. Hippie mecca. Wouldn't mind living there, and I was really upset when UC Boulder rejected me.
    I could tell this is your kinda place. Just the cold gets to me sometimes, you know coming from Karachi. I spent some time in Southern California and I still think the weather there has no substitute.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I could tell this is your kinda place. Just the cold gets to me sometimes, you know coming from Karachi. I spent some time in Southern California and I still think the weather there has no substitute.
    Being in MN, I would probably melt in the CO winters ;)

San Diego does have the weather, but you pay the "Sunshine Tax." The cost of living is prohibitive.

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Too bad. The second line is indeed the school's battle cry, so if that doesn't ring a bell, I guess not.

Now I'm trying to rake my brains about what other schools are in Central PA apart from the "big one" and it's many campuses. Juniata and Lock Haven come to mind.
    You need to go a bit south... But lets leave it there.

so where are you based in now?

EDIT: Just saw you are in MN. How do Pakistanis end up in random states beyond TX, NY, PA, NJ, Cali and Florida... Is there a semblance of a desi or Pakistani community?
    Last edited by KarachiKing; 26th June 2014 at 09:31.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally prefer NOT to live in a big "Desi" community city in US. Have lived in NY and Houston, both cities have a huge desi diaspora. Somehow find it strange why people gravitate towards these cities when after all they are leaving their countrymen to go study/work in a foreign country. Why can't we try to assimilate. I just don't get it. Why not just stay back if you liked Pakistan so much, because the reality is no matter how many desis live around you or desi restaurants and shops you can possibly go to, it's still not your land. In fact I miss Pakistan even more in those cities. Feel like everyone else around me are missing Pakistan too, hence the overwhelming urge to stick together and show off your desiness openly. I am glad to be living in a cosmopolitan non desi city right now. Yes, we have Pakistanis here but not Iike Houston or NY.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    You need to go a bit south... But lets leave it there.

so where are you based in now?

EDIT: Just saw you are in MN. How do Pakistanis end up in random states beyond TX, NY, PA, NJ, Cali and Florida... Is there a semblance of a desi or Pakistani community?
    Rozi roti and naseeb. I was out of work, and found a job here. It was just meant to be. That doesn't change the fact that I'm miserable here.

I do bump into Pakistanis here, but I don't meet any socially. I did give some I met my contact details but never heard back. We are as a nation not the friendliest or the most helpful to each other, the way the Indians and Chinese and others are.

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    I personally prefer NOT to live in a big "Desi" community city in US. Have lived in NY and Houston, both cities have a huge desi diaspora. Somehow find it strange why people gravitate towards these cities when after all they are leaving their countrymen to go study/work in a foreign country. Why can't we try to assimilate. I just don't get it. Why not just stay back if you liked Pakistan so much, because the reality is no matter how many desis live around you or desi restaurants and shops you can possibly go to, it's still not your land. In fact I miss Pakistan even more in those cities. Feel like everyone else around me are missing Pakistan too, hence the overwhelming urge to stick together and show off your desiness openly. I am glad to be living in a cosmopolitan non desi city right now. Yes, we have Pakistanis here but not Iike Houston or NY.
    honestly i prefer the same.. i went to school in a tiny city with literally no desis.

but i go to philly every couple of months. once in my sophomore year, a pakistani american friend's uncle asked me that surely i must must miss being in and around a desi community a lot. I replied without thinking, 'Not really. I dont miss being around desi people at all. I miss the food though.'

Was an awkward moment.....

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I'm similar in this regard. I exist in my own world, of my past, my thoughts, my dreams. Being in a city full of my compatriots would cramp my style. I quite like not having a social life, with compatriots or otherwise.

That said, I did like living in PA within driving distance of NY, Philly, Pittsburgh and DC. It's a comfort to know that family and friends and halal meat stores are there if and when I need them.

It's a bit like PP: you're all here if I need you. If I'm in my brooding mode, I can stay away ;)

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly i prefer the same.. i went to school in a tiny city with literally no desis.

but i go to philly every couple of months. once in my sophomore year, a pakistani american friend's uncle asked me that surely i must must miss being in and around a desi community a lot. I replied without thinking, 'Not really. I dont miss being around desi people at all. I miss the food though.'

Was an awkward moment.....
    Lol, I have given the same reply to the same question and have noticed the same response...utter bewilderment, as if I've told them that I'm mentally ill or something. The desi community here is far too religious too than what I was used to back home. They also stay in some kind of "we are Muslims and are different from Americans" mindset. They will ***** about America not having good moral values, how it's discrimates against them, etc, at the same time bringing relative after relative here and financially doing thousand times better than what they were doing back home. Know someone whose kid wasn't doing well in school and he blamed it on the school discrimating against his kid for being Muslim. This whole halal haram food thing bothers me a lot too when I'm around them. Out of guilt majority of times I won't order any meat when I'm with them, or when at a restaurant get myself a glass of wine or beer with my food because it will become so awkward even though they won't say anything, that it will be hard for me to enjoy it anyways. Maybe I'm just different or have become someone else but just can't seem to relate to the desi community here at all.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    i developed a hatred for the desi community when I found them sucking up to the americans. was at some indian function..and went to serve myself at the buffet. the desi guy organizing it was telling everyone, only one serving..only one gulab jamun..only one this and that, with that fake smile that is so typical of desis. that is fine.. but then found him serving the americans with his own hands, asking them to take another helping...and i felt like puking.

and during the indian independence day, found them putting up the indian flag along with the american flag. i asked them, why have you put the american flag here, and i was told this is the rule. **.

my most favourite memory was when I slapped a desi. aah..brings peace to my heart whenever i recall that.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    They're not just overly religious, they've been Arabized in the wrong way.

In a way I understand why. Just as America, while being a melting pot, is culturally Anglophile (so much so that they take great pains to try to prove they aren't), so too is the Muslim community, while also being diverse, culturally Arabized. I think if I were born here and existed in the cozy Muslim bubble in, say, Brooklyn NY, where the neighborhood mosque was the focal point of the community in ways a mosque never is in Pakistan, I would find it completely natural to be what they've become. I think it rankles a lot of us (relatively recent) immigrants because our formative years were spent in our homelands and we hold our cultures dear.

The lack of integration into the fabric of society is an issue no doubt. But it must also be said that, try as they might to resist it or deny it, the newer generation is in so many ways quintessentially American, and have integrated better than the diaspora in many other Western countries.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, PK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    American-born desis are the worst. I have never gotten along with a single one of them. They are perennially confused folks. But I do seek out diversity. I would hate to live in a town with a 90% White population.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    i developed a hatred for the desi community when I found them sucking up to the americans. was at some indian function..and went to serve myself at the buffet. the desi guy organizing it was telling everyone, only one serving..only one gulab jamun..only one this and that, with that fake smile that is so typical of desis. that is fine.. but then found him serving the americans with his own hands, asking them to take another helping...and i felt like puking.
    This reminds me: I was interviewing with the Big Blue in Houston. I hated the city, but I needed a job. So I looked up Pakistani restaurants, because I heard there was a big community there and I hadn't been to one in years.

I found a Pakistani restaurant that got really mixed views. The whites loved it, and the Houston press was full of rave reviews. The Pakistani/Indian crowd couldn't say enough bad things about the owner. One comment summed it up: if you're going there, take your white work buddies along.

Do our communities really gravitate between obsequiousness and resentment towards the natives? It's fascinating actually how there doesn't seem to be a happy medium.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I don't feel sleepy at nights until it clocks 2.(Just because of holidays)

Kyun Ziyaan Kaar Banun, Sood Framosh Rahun
    Fikr-e-Farda Na Karun, Mahw-e-Ghum-e-Dosh Rahun

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ok this is bit weird but my bed wouldnt let me sleep . Whenever I try to sleep it makes weird noises like someone is under the bad and pushing it but if I sleep with lights on then everythings normal. I know it sounds funny but this has been happening to me for past 4 days

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Most of the desis I've met have huge complex issues. The correct term for them is mental colonialism. We are still colonised mentally. It's a damn shame.

OT: Textbooks are extremely expensive these days #NewSemesterWoes

— Michel De Montaigne

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This reminds me: I was interviewing with the Big Blue in Houston. I hated the city, but I needed a job. So I looked up Pakistani restaurants, because I heard there was a big community there and I hadn't been to one in years.

I found a Pakistani restaurant that got really mixed views. The whites loved it, and the Houston press was full of rave reviews. The Pakistani/Indian crowd couldn't say enough bad things about the owner. One comment summed it up: if you're going there, take your white work buddies along.

Do our communities really gravitate between obsequiousness and resentment towards the natives? It's fascinating actually how there doesn't seem to be a happy medium.
    Not sure if the bad reviews by desi's were based on the restaurant being popular among natives, it's probably because the food they served is more Anglo-Indian than Indo-Pak, something we grew up eating and expect when we go to a desi restaurant, but I do get your point and it's a very interesting observation. I might come across as someone being more on the obsequious side but I think it's more to do with my rebellious nature and a constant hunger to explore and appreciate new experiences, whether it's culture, food or music. Plus my absolute disgust for becoming a stereotype. My best friend in US is white. One time I cooked biryani and he loved it. At times I just don't get him. We both connect on so many levels yet are totally different from each other on other things. But what builds any relationship is an inherent connection, words cannot explain. But the first step is to open yourself to new friendships, experiences and situations, live outside your comfort zone. My gripe with the majority of desi's here is they keep their options limited when they come here. They keep themselves reserved and quiet. They only open up to their fellow desi's, only eat at desi restaurant, shop at desi stores and in general make life as close in semblance to home as possible. The immigrant experience in US is to absorb everything and add ones own flavor to the melting pot. We need to let our guards down once in a while.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and during the indian independence day, found them putting up the indian flag along with the american flag. i asked them, why have you put the american flag here, and i was told this is the rule. **.

my most favourite memory was when I slapped a desi. aah..brings peace to my heart whenever i recall that.
    Lol, can totally relate to the one Gulab Jaman experience. Went to a Diwali party recently and they were doing the same as if the nange bhooke desi's will eat everything in sight if not restricted. Call it effects of colonialism or just our inherent inferiority complex, it's quite pathetic to say the least.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're not just overly religious, they've been Arabized in the wrong way.

In a way I understand why. Just as America, while being a melting pot, is culturally Anglophile (so much so that they take great pains to try to prove they aren't), so too is the Muslim community, while also being diverse, culturally Arabized. I think if I were born here and existed in the cozy Muslim bubble in, say, Brooklyn NY, where the neighborhood mosque was the focal point of the community in ways a mosque never is in Pakistan, I would find it completely natural to be what they've become. I think it rankles a lot of us (relatively recent) immigrants because our formative years were spent in our homelands and we hold our cultures dear.

The lack of integration into the fabric of society is an issue no doubt. But it must also be said that, try as they might to resist it or deny it, the newer generation is in so many ways quintessentially American, and have integrated better than the diaspora in many other Western countries.
    Totally agree with you. We need to change the focal point of desi communities from mosques to something else. Maybe a community center or a local desi food joint or a boys and girls club like YMCA for desi's. Frankly I don't even get why we even need a focal point. If the excuse is because of future generations, so they don't forget their identity and culture, mosques in no way is supposed to be our sole identity or be the only representative of our culture. It should start at home and of course the second generation will be more American than Pakistani, but wasnt that the point of moving here anyways. It's like they want the US citizenship but don't want to be called "American".

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi guys. Just dropping in to say my thoughts are with you. Life as an immigrant can be hard, but then look at the wider picture from the community you have joined. Suck up and grovel hard enough and perhaps you might be accepted.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Hi guys. Just dropping in to say my thoughts are with you. Life as an immigrant can be hard, but then look at the wider picture from the community you have joined. Suck up and grovel hard enough and perhaps you might be accepted.
    Come again?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Come again?
    Try and fit in. In spirit even if it seems unnatural.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Not sure if the bad reviews by desi's were based on the restaurant being popular among natives, it's probably because the food they served is more Anglo-Indian than Indo-Pak, something we grew up eating and expect when we go to a desi restaurant, but I do get your point and it's a very interesting observation. I might come across as someone being more on the obsequious side but I think it's more to do with my rebellious nature and a constant hunger to explore and appreciate new experiences, whether it's culture, food or music. Plus my absolute disgust for becoming a stereotype. My best friend in US is white. One time I cooked biryani and he loved it. At times I just don't get him. We both connect on so many levels yet are totally different from each other on other things. But what builds any relationship is an inherent connection, words cannot explain. But the first step is to open yourself to new friendships, experiences and situations, live outside your comfort zone. My gripe with the majority of desi's here is they keep their options limited when they come here. They keep themselves reserved and quiet. They only open up to their fellow desi's, only eat at desi restaurant, shop at desi stores and in general make life as close in semblance to home as possible. The immigrant experience in US is to absorb everything and add ones own flavor to the melting pot. We need to let our guards down once in a while.
    I agree for the most part. If you look at the immigrants who came before us, the Irish, the Italians and the Jews in particular, they initially did the same i.e. exist in their little enclaves. But eventually they became a part of the mainstream while still retaining their identities. Prejudice against these three was rampant at one stage. While the reduction in prejudice helped, it can't be denied that they put in the effort to integrate.

I wonder if what we see today amongst our diaspora is just a case of teething pains. Then again, there are white right-wingers who insist that the US is intrinsically Judeo-Christian. Is there any truth in that? Were the Italians and the Germans and the Jews at an advantage in that they were bound to integrate sooner or later and the same isn't true for us?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try and fit in. In spirit even if it seems unnatural.
    Coming from a Brit-Pak whose own community has done so poorly at integrating. Thanks but no thanks for the advice.

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Coming from a Brit-Pak whose own community has done so poorly at integrating. Thanks but no thanks for the advice.
    LOL lets not get there. Everybody knows about the economic and academic struggles of the BritPak community at large and the ghettoisation of it. Its just gonna lead to pointless arguments for the sake of it. Topic has been discussed to death over the years on this forum

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Troll-face wisdom molars are back..

— Michel De Montaigne

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, PK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL lets not get there. Everybody knows about the economic and academic struggles of the BritPak community at large and the ghettoisation of it. Its just gonna lead to pointless arguments for the sake of it. Topic has been discussed to death over the years on this forum
    Buhhhht, you just joined the forum

On topic, I hate working in teams with no clear division of tasks. Leads to a big free rider problem, as I am experiencing right now.
    Last edited by zane_; 27th June 2014 at 10:18.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Struggling from a gut-wrenchingly strong bout of homesickness.

— Michel De Montaigne

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree for the most part. If you look at the immigrants who came before us, the Irish, the Italians and the Jews in particular, they initially did the same i.e. exist in their little enclaves. But eventually they became a part of the mainstream while still retaining their identities. Prejudice against these three was rampant at one stage. While the reduction in prejudice helped, it can't be denied that they put in the effort to integrate.

I wonder if what we see today amongst our diaspora is just a case of teething pains. Then again, there are white right-wingers who insist that the US is intrinsically Judeo-Christian. Is there any truth in that? Were the Italians and the Germans and the Jews at an advantage in that they were bound to integrate sooner or later and the same isn't true for us?
    It could be teething pains, plus our numbers are minuscule compared to others who arrived in droves. White right wingers make more noise in the media but aren't that many in numbers. I live in a conservative southern state and hardly ever see the right wing bias. America is changing rapidly, not mainly because of us but because of the Mexican explosion. The traditionalists are finding it hard to come to grips with an America where non European origin people are soon to outnumber the Caucasians. That is why we hear the hate, vitriol and paranoid delusions from the right wing nuts. Majority is not like that and is very welcoming. All Americans minus the Native American Indians are immigrants. This is a land of immigrants and no one race has a monopoly on this country. Obama's presidency is a testament to that. We will integrate once we want to integrate and in fact are integrating because of that. It's upto us and not upto the attitudes of a slim but vocal right wing minority.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a lot of work pending and the delivery date is not far. It is becoming more and more likely that I will flunk this time around.

I am not one of those who when expressing opinions confine themselves to facts.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    This darn Macbook, can't even surf the web on this trash @Mamoon you can take your apple products and shove them where the sun don't shine

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend just bought a new car and I am feeling jealous . I am not feeling good even though I should be happy as he is my friend.

The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock89 View Post
    My friend just bought a new car and I am feeling jealous . I am not feeling good even though I should be happy as he is my friend.
    Which car?

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Which car?
    Toyota Fortuner (White)

The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Toyota Fortuner (White)
    Nice car, I'm starting to understand your pain now

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Job , I just finished my UNI and waiting for results it's proving super hard as not many graduate jobs in my city

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whats bothering me right now is realizing how much things bother me.

Debut
    Oct 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Be happy for your friend

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Just had to walk 40 minutes home in the dark

Couldnt stop thinking about the horror stereotypes @Saqs and @leatherface58 were discussing earlier.

Was convinced I was going to die at one point. Dogs started to howl at one point for no reason. Thanks guys

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Just had to walk 40 minutes home in the dark

Couldnt stop thinking about the horror stereotypes @Saqs and @leatherface58 were discussing earlier.

Was convinced I was going to die at one point. Dogs started to howl at one point for no reason. Thanks guys
    Have you read the Jinn thread yet? I highly recommend it.

Debut
    Oct 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lack of sleep

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    exams. 4 tests are over ,2 to go. and this 2nd last test is of research methadology, the most difficult of them all. the earlier 4 went good alhamdulilah. if i could somehow manage this one it would be awesome as the last test is pretty easy.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    exams. 4 tests are over ,2 to go. and this 2nd last test is of research methadology, the most difficult of them all. the earlier 4 went good alhamdulilah. if i could somehow manage this one it would be awesome as the last test is pretty easy.
    Best of luck bro.

Kyun Ziyaan Kaar Banun, Sood Framosh Rahun
    Fikr-e-Farda Na Karun, Mahw-e-Ghum-e-Dosh Rahun

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket083 View Post
    Best of luck bro.
    thanks a lot

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dating and relationship stuff. not really 'bothering' me, but def on my mind.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Toyota Fortuner (White)
    Why do people like this vehicle? Looks like a toad on wheels

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The heat....it's too warm especially at night.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Israel.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    IDF. IDPs. ISIS. TTP. PMLN. MH370. MH17. MD -83. GE222. Etc

WTH

2014 and humanity as a whole has been a pretty big fail.
    Last edited by DHONI183; 26th July 2014 at 16:09.

Quote Originally Posted by La Haine movie
    Jusqu'ici tout va bien. L'important n’est pas la chute, c’est l’atterrissage.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saqs View Post

WTH

Please don't call them IDPs, because it dehumanizes them. Stick to your principles.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

WTH

Lol that comment was like totes amazing bro.

Whats bothering me now is that I have to put on suncream every single day its hot here since my pathetic skin cant even tan, it just burns

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Please don't call them IDPs, because it dehumanizes them. Stick to your principles.
    I listed them because it is part of the list that bothers me.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I listed them because it is part of the list that bothers me.
    But of course. Still you used the term that dehumanizes them. Happens. Principles vary from thread to thread.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Lol that comment was like totes amazing bro.

Whats bothering me now is that I have to put on suncream every single day its hot here since my pathetic skin cant even tan, it just burns

I see you cry over this so much.. It just makes me laugh!

— Michel De Montaigne

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blinding light View Post
    I see you cry over this so much.. It just makes me laugh!
    Why???

Its quite irritating having to do it on every sunny/hot day

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why???

Its quite irritating having to do it on every sunny/hot day
    You'll thank yourself in a few decades.

It not only prevents cancer but pale skinned people who don't wear sunscreen have very ugly skins once they hit 40s.

Just avoid sunbathing (especially artificial UVs) and don't move to Africa.

"Uss Din Eid Mubarak Hossi Jiss Din Fer Milan Day"

Adieu Friends.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    But of course. Still you used the term that dehumanizes them. Happens. Principles vary from thread to thread.
    This is true.

Debut
    Oct 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tapatalk app on iPhone, PakPassion intermittently works.