Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    @Dios man there is no harm in adding here in facebook IMO, I posted something on a cricinfo page and got 50 Bangladeshi friend requests once

Besides Facebook is used to see what every single person you've ever met does/is doing, I dont think it'd be that awkward to send a friend request, if she asks just tell her she appeared in the "people you may know" section
    doubt anyone will ever ask

at most she will ignore the request

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Thanks for the advice brother. I am useless at flirting especially when it's a girl I really really like. Hence conversations were limited to 'hi-hello' and 'did you do the assignment'. She's very popular as well and always with friends so it was almost impossible to get her alone and start a lengthy conversation. Once we were on the same bus back to uni and didn't find out until after we got off. Looking back that was the golden opportunity - if we had found out at the start that both of us were on the same bus, we would have been sitting next to each other for three hours. I think that was God cruelly punishing me for leaving religion. Now it's too late. As I said, my circumstances have changed and I'm not at university this year. I don't have her as a friend on facebook and think it'll be weird adding her since we've only spoken three or four times and that too very briefly and we don't really have that many mutual friends. I just hope I get someone else like her.
    Falling for one of these popular types can be sheer torture. Because of our South Asian cultural instincts, we are possessive. Needless to say, if the object of desire is popular, that just adds up to heartache. That's why there's an entire genre of poetry addressed to the raqeeb.

So, just going by what you've said, you have two opportunities: one, the mystique you can cultivate due to not having talked to her, and two, the sob story you can concoct because of the change in circumstances and not being in University this year.

Even if you don't add her on Facebook, do something on Facebook that elicits responses from her friends. She'll see that in her feed. Take it from there. The sky's the limit.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice guys. It was really therapeutic getting all that off my chest. If I ever come face to face with her again I'll strike up a proper conversation (won't profess my love or anything) and then take it from there. The thing about adding her on fb now is that our interactions so far have been really awkward and brief even though we saw each other all the time. I tried playing the cool aloof strong-silent type guy and might have even come across as a bit rude which is not at all how I am in real life but that's how I instinctively act around girls that I find attractive. If I add her now she might think why is this weirdo adding me on fb when he never made an attempt to talk to me properly. Let's just hope fate gives me another chance. If not then I think I'll eventually learn to live with it.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Once we were on the same bus back to uni and didn't find out until after we got off.
    You pervs deserve eachother.

"Uss Din Eid Mubarak Hossi Jiss Din Fer Milan Day"

Adieu Friends.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice guys. It was really therapeutic getting all that off my chest. If I ever come face to face with her again I'll strike up a proper conversation (won't profess my love or anything) and then take it from there. The thing about adding her on fb now is that our interactions so far have been really awkward and brief even though we saw each other all the time. I tried playing the cool aloof strong-silent type guy and might have even come across as a bit rude which is not at all how I am in real life but that's how I instinctively act around girls that I find attractive. If I add her now she might think why is this weirdo adding me on fb when he never made an attempt to talk to me properly. Let's just hope fate gives me another chance. If not then I think I'll eventually learn to live with it.
    youll forget abt it. plenty of fish in the sea

and don't delude yourself into thinking that she is the one or nonsense like that

you barely know her.

#MPGA

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Falling for one of these popular types can be sheer torture. Because of our South Asian cultural instincts, we are possessive. Needless to say, if the object of desire is popular, that just adds up to heartache. That's why there's an entire genre of poetry addressed to the raqeeb.

So, just going by what you've said, you have two opportunities: one, the mystique you can cultivate due to not having talked to her, and two, the sob story you can concoct because of the change in circumstances and not being in University this year.

Even if you don't add her on Facebook, do something on Facebook that elicits responses from her friends. She'll see that in her feed. Take it from there. The sky's the limit.
    When I described her as popular I didn't mean she's the 'Mean Girls' popular type. She is a sweet innocent bubbly girl with a lot of friends mostly female. That's one of the things that stopped things from developing. She has so many friends that she doesn't really have time for a relationship.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Yeah....we must blame our movies and stuff for that.

Biggest biggest myth.

If we don't have a reputation preceding us or any kind of positioning....that just won't work.

Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1861 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    thinking of moving to londonistan like you.
    what happened to the idea of becoming a politician? now dont say its "his choice"

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    You don't believe me?
    Don't see why I should. But if it truly is, bye.

Just because my team doesn't win doesn't mean they aren't the best in the world.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually the interview day wasn't too long: five hours or so, and that included my presentation, lunch and the drive, and I spoke to relevant people . Their demeanor suggested it was a foregone conclusion.

I'll find something else of course, but I was looking forward to it, so it takes a few days to get out of the mindset and start looking again.
    That's strange. Have they actually said no to you or just haven't replied back. Maybe they are still going through interviewing all the candidates....

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwingNSeam View Post
    what happened to the idea of becoming a politician? now dont say its "his choice"
    It's my choice to do whatever I want.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 96NotOut View Post
    Don't see why I should. But if it truly is, bye.

Yeah.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Modi wants India to bid for 2024 olympics. Would be an absolute disaster for a third world country with massive corruption. Scary part is that most indians will support the bid and see it as a sign of pride.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Yeah.
    . . .

He's leaving, @blinding light.

Just because my team doesn't win doesn't mean they aren't the best in the world.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Yeah.
    So, you are still here? What happened to the last day?

"And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe" - Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    So, you are still here? What happened to the last day?
    This is Mamoon we're talking about.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    This is Mamoon we're talking about.
    I know, he's never gonna leave.

"And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe" - Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    I'm leaving, don't worry.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    You can stop posting so much, but don't leave. This place won't last without you.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I'm leaving, don't worry.
    You said that yesterday was your last day and yet you are still here today

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Mamoon, just admit it. This place is to addicting to leave forever

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    I don't have much of a choice, have some other commitments.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Mamoon, plz plz, pretty plz, don't go.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    He ain't going any where. Yes, he might post less, but he will still post.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't have much of a choice, have some other commitments.
    You can't get out of this addiction. You will crave for it more...

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Awww.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    I want to overcome this addiction and utilize my time better.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awww.
    Say that you love me.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I want to overcome this addiction and utilize my time better.
    At best you will be lurker..

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    I love you.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    If I stop posting, I will also stop lurking.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    That's strange. Have they actually said no to you or just haven't replied back. Maybe they are still going through interviewing all the candidates....
    Well, they didn't get back to me as promised. After a couple of weeks I called, and they said we "won't be moving forward" with my candidacy, and that they've decided to interview more people. I checked and they really had reposted the job on the website and on LinkedIn etc.

I told them if they can't find anyone still, they can check and see if I'm still available.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    I showed up today because I had to prove my expert analysis on the selection of the squad for Bangladesh tour. From now on, I will only show up on match days to prove my expert, post-match analysis.

Can't afford to waste more time here.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I showed up today because I had to prove my expert analysis on the selection of the squad for Bangladesh tour. From now on, I will only show up on match days to prove my expert, post-match analysis.

Can't afford to waste more time here.
    Which means you aren't leaving

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Which means you aren't leaving
    How many days/year do we have matches? Will be a special guest.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, they didn't get back to me as promised. After a couple of weeks I called, and they said we "won't be moving forward" with my candidacy, and that they've decided to interview more people. I checked and they really had reposted the job on the website and on LinkedIn etc.

I told them if they can't find anyone still, they can check and see if I'm still available.
    You may have tried this already, but for some jobs you may want to try this approach.

Apply for the job, then connect with an HR Rep from the company over LinkedIn. Hopefully you progress to having a phone conversation with him/her for them to understand your background/interests in the position. Let them know what type of jobs you are interested in, and if there are similar positions to let you know.

I got my current job through this approach, where the HR got back to me with similar positions. Good luck!

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    How many days/year do we have matches? Will be a special guest.
    Well who cares, you said you are leaving and that you are a 'man of your word'.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Well who cares, you said you are leaving and that you are a 'man of your word'.
    Well, people do. I have been receiving PMs requesting me not to quit.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    You always weren't going to quit

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Can members send PMs nowadays?

I thought only mods could do it.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Yeah they can but I am unable to reply to a few for some reason. It seems to be a little glitchy.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah they can but I am unable to reply to a few for some reason. It seems to be a little glitchy.
    I don't think it's possible. Only admins can receive messages.

Adieu Friends.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    I enjoy special privileges. Deal with it.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I enjoy special privileges. Deal with it.
    I tried to pm you right now and couldn't. So the special privileges are enjoyed by the people who sent you the messages (since you can't reply). Which means they are mods.

Adieu Friends.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Doesn't matter.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If someone asks you to stay, you should demand the special privileges you just expressed your desire for.

Adieu Friends.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    I'm not a demanding person.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Posters who change the background colour of their avatars to match the green.

Why and how do you do it?

CricketCartoons, WebGuru, Strike Rate, mussu-100 etc.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Posters who change the background colour of their avatars to match the green.

Why and how do you do it?

CricketCartoons, WebGuru, Strike Rate, mussu-100 etc.
    There are many websites online which can make the background of a picture "transparent" like the above users have.

Here's an example: http://www.ezimba.com/index-ln.html

Upload the picture whose background you want to remove with the orange arrow, then under the create section, click transparent and click the background in the picture, and voila, it'll be gone.

Not the simplest way, but it has worked for me in the past.

Or you could use photoshop.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    There are many websites online which can make the background of a picture "transparent" like the above users have.

Here's an example: http://www.ezimba.com/index-ln.html

Upload the picture whose background you want to remove with the orange arrow, then under the create section, click transparent and click the background in the picture, and voila, it'll be gone.

Not the simplest way, but it has worked for me in the past.

Or you could use photoshop.
    Thank you, I was always curious about it.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    . . .

He's leaving, @blinding light.
    Of course he is!
    @Mamoon

Boo.

He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.
    Michel De Montaigne

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    My (would be) father in law just visited my parents. My mom called me now and told me the conversation that took place. Seems he is ready to accept me as his son in law.

Now I am nervous. I will be getting married!! God! I am so nervous and scared.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blinding light View Post
    Of course he is!
    @Mamoon

Boo.
    What have you done?

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    My (would be) father in law just visited my parents. My mom called me now and told me the conversation that took place. Seems he is ready to accept me as his son in law.

It's normal man. Have you met the girl?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's normal man. Have you met the girl?
    Haven't met the girl since 12 hours. She is the reason I got out of depression and suicidal thoughts. But wondering if I can repay her by being a good husband.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Haven't met the girl since 12 hours. She is the reason I got out of depression and suicidal thoughts. But wondering if I can repay her by being a good husband.
    Looks like that you know the girl well then

Don't worry man, if she likes you and you like her. I am sure it will work. Just be the best husband you possibly could be to her.

You aren't Muslim, otherwise I would have told you to look at Prophet Muhammad (SAW) life and the kind of husband he was for inspiration.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Looks like that you know the girl well then

Don't worry man, if she likes you and you like her. I am sure it will work. Just be the best husband you possibly could be to her.

You aren't Muslim, otherwise I would have told you to look at Prophet Muhammad (SAW) life and the kind of husband he was for inspiration.
    I don't need to be a Muslim to derive inspiration from Prophet Muhammad. I already follow his sunnah of drinking from the same glass from which she drinks whenever we go outside to dine.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I don't need to be a Muslim to derive inspiration from Prophet Muhammad. I already follow his sunnah of drinking from the same glass from which she drinks whenever we go outside to dine.
    Great! I am sure you'll make for a great husband! There is no need to be nervous and scared man.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Just had an Indian takeaway, god damn I'm stuffed. Sauce must be made of quicksand or something

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    too lazy to do some chores

#MPGA

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Really bad at anger management. Had an argument with someone (against whom I am going to file a case), and after 2 hours still unable to concentrate on work. And people think that I don't get angry.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Really bad at anger management. Had an argument with someone (against whom I am going to file a case), and after 2 hours still unable to concentrate on work. And people think that I don't get angry.
    What was the argument over?

Man just forget the guy and focus on something else.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What was the argument over?

Man just forget the guy and focus on something else.
    I have two options. Either to let it go and pretend to be an online activist, OR really take them to court. I am thinking about the latter. What is the use of online sermons if I cannot walk the talk. Just thinking if a court case will take too much out of my time and energy.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Just had an Indian takeaway, god damn I'm stuffed. Sauce must be made of quicksand or something
    You bloody Irish guy.

You better come to India. You will fit in here properly.

You are more Indian than most Indians.

By the way, what did you eat?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    too lazy to do some chores
    You live in Karachi or USA now?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Is the the same FIL who had issues with you cos you were from a different caste?

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    You bloody Irish guy.

You better come to India. You will fit in here properly.

You are more Indian than most Indians.

By the way, what did you eat?
    First Indian I've had in months man

Just had Korma, but there were other side orders we had, dunno what they were.

Really havent tried much Indian food, been told tandoori chicken is something I should try though

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    First Indian I've had in months man

Just had Korma, but there were other side orders we had, dunno what they were.

Really havent tried much Indian food, been told tandoori chicken is something I should try though
    I see...Never had those food myself so can't pass any comments.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is the the same FIL who had issues with you cos you were from a different caste?
    Yes. But my mom told me that she was feeling bad for him. He flew all the way from delhi to bengal, and my mom told me that she can empathize with him..parents often have to bow down before their kids. Even I am feeling bad for him. Hopefully one day I will make him proud.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    you live in karachi or usa now?
    usa.

#MPGA

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Every single thing

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Every single thing
    That's the spirit.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    My back after a hard session of deadlift. #gettingold

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    That's the spirit.
    I know! Everything is annoying...

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    My back after a hard session of deadlift. #gettingold
    Gettin gold? In a weightlifting completion?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    *competition.

The deplorable lack of the edit feature destroyed the pun.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I have absolutely no self-discipline. Zero, zilch, nada.

I don't know how it ever came to this - it wasn't like this, ever in my life. I was way more disciplined as a child in getting my tasks done than I am now!

Where is that dogged, steely determination of my O/A levels?! All the ideals, moral justifications and thought processes that I developed later over how work is important and time must be managed, I can't believe I'm now doing the opposite of it all. And crying about it.

He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.
    Michel De Montaigne

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I don't know how it ever came to this - it wasn't like this, ever in my life. I was way more disciplined as a child in getting my tasks done than I am now!

Where is that dogged, steely determination of my O/A levels?! All the ideals, moral justifications and thought processes that I developed later over how work is important and time must be managed, I can't believe I'm now doing the opposite of it all. And crying about it.
    time management is key

i feel one of the disadvantages of desi culture is that the parents make them work hard and when they go to college and have freedom to set their own schedule and do whatever they want, they just dont have the discipline to manage time efficiently and be motivated because they have never done it on their own accord before

know a lot of kids who did great in hgh school as their parents ensured they were working hard. but fell away in college with no external pressure to be on top of stuff

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4708 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

Relax don't worry about it, after pushing yourself so hard you can afford to relax unless you are in need of margins of 80%+. You don't want to get burned out. My first year at uni don't count so am taking it easy because I almost killed myself trying to get in.

Your mental health is more important then anything. Don't stress, chill. Go to the gym, hit the punching bag, running, video games and hanging out with mates. It's good to be intense and all that but you need an pressure relief valve to, isolating yourself from the world whilst making the excuse of "need to focus on my work" can have negative implications even more so when you put pressure on yourself that i need to get this done, or am too lazy etc. Make time for play and you'll also be able to make time for work to.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4708 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Many things are bothering me right now but too personal to express on here

Ah, so this is what it feels like