Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your views on PML-N?

im aware that whenever ive contributed on a thread on pakistani politics on pp, ive come across most times as probably very biased towards the pti.

ive tried on a number of occasions to source materials from or on the other parties to see if there can be some sort of balance to the information that is available for those of us with an in interest in the topic - but to no avail. very little by way of interviews, or analysis seems to be forthcoming, either from a cursory youtube or google search, which might be my fault, or from the die hard supporters of the pmln (in the case of this thread).

so this thread is a hope that some of you might be able to help the rest of us make a more balanced decision on what we think of the pmln. i would hope that we dont become bogged down in debates on any links that are provided, although of course a few comments will be unavoidable. i would hope this thread serves to be a repository of pml-n information, whether good or bad, and might then serve as a resource when debating policy on other threads.

i would start myself, but all i can find are negatives (in particular the latest incredible and unprecedented typo of the gdp figures), and i dont want to promulgate the appearances of my own bias, so ill hope someone else can set the ball rolling.

there probably should be another thread on the mqm and one on the ppp too. its all too easy to forget previous crimes and accolades in the quagmire of unprofessionalism that is the hallmark of pakistani politics.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    HK/Sydney..heart is in Chach, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What positive can one report on PMLN after a year of being back in the federal government ? They've made plenty of promises as always but have delivered anything of note..must all be 'long term' projects that we'll have to wait 5 years for or something.

Apart from gullu bhatt, 'typos' and shooting people from point blank range..really cant think of anything else they've done this last one year.

im sure AZ will join us soon with some details

Alone we are Pathan, Punjabi, Sindhi and Balochi...together we are Pakistan

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    PMLN fares far better than PPP regimes, IMO. There's a coherence in foreign policy (despite favouring India) although some of its effects are debatable to say the least.
    With regards to domestic affairs, call them whatever, but their transport schemes (Motorway, Metrobus) more often than not does help the common lower/middle class urbanite, making his way to his job. That is investment spending, and is beneficial to some.

As of now, I see tall claims of solving the power crises, and some form of groundwork is being laid out, but the results are yet to be seen.

My conclusion is this: PMLN is run by oligarchic tendencies - most hotshots in the party are businessmen with captured interests. You will see them adopting and implementing policies that favour business owners more than the aam awaam. This will result in the party leaders lining their pockets, but despite corruption, they will leave some form of tangible public good for the masses. I rate them far ahead of PPP in terms of govt performance, but their regime still leaves a lot to be desired.

He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.
    — Michel De Montaigne

Debut
    Jul 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The only good thing about PML-N is economical policy. That being said, PML-N is not hope for Pakistan but at least, it is moderate party which is rare given the condition of the Muslim world. If PML-N continues its same tactic employed against TUQ, then Army takeover cannot be overlooked, Allahu Alim.

The future party that is yet to rule, although a leader for Peshawar is working on mission like schools and hospitals, but that being said, that party is still more focused on holding dharna, and long march especially on Independence day of Pakistan rather than focusing on development of Peshawar.

I really am waiting for new party [full of honest political leaders, young and vibrant] or honest care taker through Army's installed to replace democractic leader, current or future, Allahu Alim. Pakistan is on the verge of collapse, and these current parties [PPP, PML-N, PTI] are no hope for Pakistan, Allahu Alim.
    Last edited by Fallen King; 14th July 2014 at 09:57.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MalikMohsin View Post
    but that being said, that party is still more focused on holding dharna, and long march especially on Independence day of Pakistan rather than focusing on development of Peshawar.
    I don't see the connection between Dharnay and development of Peshawar. Does these tow have any effect on each other? I think both can be done at the same time. Its like saying instead of celebrating independence day N League should focus on building motorways.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A corrupt politicial party to the core i;ve read dozen of books on thier karnama;s (achievements)

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Apna Karachi aik sau saath
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PPP is miles ahead of PML-N.

Whatever else, atleast it was not in bed with extremists and did not give them a clean chit to run riot in 3 provinces

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Planet Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never been to Pakistan my adult life but I've met many 'jutts' (some of them relatives/family friends) who (represent or have) represented PMLN at local/city levels in Europe.

Believe me they are a lobby and corruption with police matters is the norm.

One even laughed at prospect of IK winning elections, he said that it was impossible (hint: major rigging)

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I hear shabaz sharif is changing his name to shenaz sharif since loadshedding has not changed an iota.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PML(N), with all its faults, are definitely an improvement over the PPP. The latter's sole purpose was to sit on the throne and rob the nation leaving all decision-making powers with authorities that won't interfere in their corrupt endeavours.

PML(N) aren't too different but at least we get to see some development under them. And it makes some difference in the life of a common man, albeit a small one.

Quote Originally Posted by lilFlip View Post
    I've never been to Pakistan my adult life but I've met many 'jutts' (some of them relatives/family friends) who (represent or have) represented PMLN at local/city levels in Europe.

Believe me they are a lobby and corruption with police matters is the norm.

One even laughed at prospect of IK winning elections, he said that it was impossible (hint: major rigging)
    Trust me. You will find office-bearers of other parties that are as bad or in fact even worse.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    573 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Zia's political progeny, darlings of the establishment, Saudi stooges, an entry point for ex-Jamaatias into popular politics, a vehicle for the petite bourgeoise mentality to lord it over the country, protectors of sectarian terrorists, and cowards who turn tail and flee into exile.

Last but not least, not a national party. Unlike PPP and even PTI, who have support across the country, they don't. Their support is so poor outside their bastion, they can't even engineer a rigged victory elsewhere, which means their government hurts national cohesion in ways a PPP government never would.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0tt0man View Post
    PML(N), with all its faults, are definitely an improvement over the PPP. The latter's sole purpose was to sit on the throne and rob the nation leaving all decision-making powers with authorities that won't interfere in their corrupt endeavours.

PML(N) aren't too different but at least we get to see some development under them. And it makes some difference in the life of a common man, albeit a small one.

Trust me. You will find office-bearers of other parties that are as bad or in fact even worse.
    PPP over the damned PML-N every day of the week.

They are a national party with sacrifices for democracy, secular credentials and do have a collection of politicians who can hold their own in an intellectual political debate in comparison to the paindu, illiteral jaahils which PML-N tends to keep.

PML-N does not have a single politician with the intellectual capacity and democratic ideals which the likes of Aitzaz Ahsan, Raza Rabbani or Babar Awan possess. Absolute shambles of a party with no long term or for that matter short term planning. Political orphans who cannot venture beyond a specific geographic area and an entity which was born in the lap of an oppressive dictator who destroyed the culture and fabric of Pakistani society in his eleven dreadful years.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    corrupt to the core.

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything..

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Corrupt, Imbecile, non-professional, non-sense, egoistic. They are not capable of running the country even if they try their best.Their priorities are totally wrong.

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also PML-N is a family limited company.

The thing with PPP is that its chairmanship is held by the Bhuttos but the rest of the top leadership has nothing to do with Bhuttos and consist of capable, actual politicians. Lot of them are on merit.

But PML-N is a shame. All ministries are held by the same extended family. NS is PM. Brother is CM and goes on all foreign trips. Nephew is de facto CM Punjab. Daughter holds the key to millions of dollars worth of fund. Finance minister is father in law of daughter. Pretty sure missing a couple more

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KarachiKing View Post
    PPP over the damned PML-N every day of the week.

They are a national party with sacrifices for democracy, secular credentials and do have a collection of politicians who can hold their own in an intellectual political debate in comparison to the paindu, illiteral jaahils which PML-N tends to keep.

PML-N does not have a single politician with the intellectual capacity and democratic ideals which the likes of Aitzaz Ahsan, Raza Rabbani or Babar Awan possess. Absolute shambles of a party with no long term or for that matter short term planning. Political orphans who cannot venture beyond a specific geographic area and an entity which was born in the lap of an oppressive dictator who destroyed the culture and fabric of Pakistani society in his eleven dreadful years.
    I know the PML are corrupt but the PPP are much worse
    http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-New...ce-and-the-PPP

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    PPP IS the most corrupt party, which baring ZAB has given nothing back to the country. Take the recent regime - their only highlight was they left power once their tenure was up.

Even BISP is merely a method of gathering more votes.

The kind of "intellect" should be termed psuedo-intellect. The sacrifice rhetoric is laughable compared to the sacrifices made by the awam.

PMLN , for all its faults, does slightly better, even if it aims at bettering only its stronghold. The security and political situation in Lahore and Karachi are incomparable.

He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.
    — Michel De Montaigne

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BISP has been praised by international organizations. Even PML-N accepted its net positive effect and decided against discontinuing it. PML-N if anything ispartly responsible for the security situation in the country. Still remember CM Shahbaz's plea in 2011 (or around that time) when he plead the Taliban to not carry terrorist attacks in Punjab but do so in other provinces. Punjab doesnt come under attack that often purely because PML-N is in bed with these same terrorist organizations. The Punjab Law minister openly used to hang out with members of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and Sipah-e-Sahaba amongst others.

And its corruption is as big as PPP's btw. Lot of cases against them.

Most importantly you do not need to be a member of a specific khandaan to be anything important in PPP as compared the PML-N where PM,CM, deputy CM, Finance minister, head of youth scheme are all part of the same family. PPP is an actual grassroots party which will never die. PML-N is product of the establishment and the military

Debut
    May 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Few people are appreciating their economic policy, do they even know Pmln economic policy ?

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noora420 View Post
    Few people are appreciating their economic policy, do they even know Pmln economic policy ?
    People appreciate PML-N's economic policy dont know that their policy only pertains to the Sharif khandaan's economic healthh. Anyone with a few courses in higher level Econ can shred their policy to bits. Short termism at its best and even then they are failing.

Debut
    May 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KarachiKing View Post
    People appreciate PML-N's economic policy dont know that their policy only pertains to the Sharif khandaan's economic healthh. Anyone with a few courses in higher level Econ can shred their policy to bits. Short termism at its best and even then they are failing.
    That's why I don't understand these internet supporters who always talk about economic policy when they don't even know anything about their policy.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People think that Shariff is working for development of Pakistan. Pfft. Roads and highways in Islamabad are good and all but when will we see results in educational reforms, development in tribal areas, etc..

They also said something about ending load shedding by 2017, Ill believe it when I see it...

Debut
    May 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    People think that Shariff is working for development of Pakistan. Pfft. Roads and highways in Islamabad are good and all but when will we see results in educational reforms, development in tribal areas, etc..

They also said something about ending load shedding by 2017, Ill believe it when I see it...
    Typical ignorant mindset by them. Most of pmln supporters are suffering from mental slavery.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Such people take roads, laptops, bus service as be all end all of development.

As for economic development, PMLN fudged the numbers and presented different numbers to IMF and the public.

Ghareeb saray mar gaye
    Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is futile to compare PMLN with PPP on intellectual ground /roots in whole country(even with new PTI) there is no comparison here PPP had support of foremost left wing intellectuals when it was created(Taj haider etc ) though PPP does lose many of them to its incompetence. while nawaz career literally started when abba ji met Gen sahab.

Now to some posters talking about BISP, despite PPP's glaring incompetence in dealing with some aspects of economy(for many things they cant be blamed ; Mushy Power crisis, Law and order) BISP was a very good program. Another achievement was recovery of economy(specially agriculture) post floods which even world bank praised.

"Over the past few years there have been signs that poverty levels may have further decreased, despite the downturn in the economy, floods and inflation. These gains might have been supported primarily through remittances, faster than expected recovery of the agricultural output and exports following the floods, and broad economic growth"

http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/pakistan/overview

Now coming to current PMLN its for all practical/ideological purposes is Nawaz league, and current Nawaz Sharif is what you call a typical business oriented center rightist(who is also trying to reconcile his image with liberals).He dosnt have an intellectual pedigree for revolution /societal engineering neither his party has any intellectual base etc but he do enjoy support of business community; Mian Minsha, Riaz bahria and other business men from Karachi etc. So will make attempts to somehow kick start economy ,encourage FDI and policy of friendship in region etc but not any/many basic changes in Society
    Last edited by amax; 14th July 2014 at 20:27.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A party corrupt to the core and very influential.

If you want anything to get done in Pakistan, having connections with a prominent member of N-league is always a massive boost.

It doesn't help that back in my school days a "don" of our schools dad was an MNA and no one could mess with him. Apparently, murdering someone was not a big deal to them. And of course he had that tinted civic with a tacky sheir drawn on the backside..

I've had a lot of relatives and close family members work in designations in the government that convince me when they tell me about the corruption stories of N-league. They have no fixed economic policy and people get that impression only because of the roads they make.

Nawaz is definitely a muli billionaire in dollars. During his first tenure as PM him and his brother stole massive amounts of scrap for their personal industry.

The only positive about N-league is that some of its leaders (like Ch-Nisar ect) are not that bad.

I'm sure almost everyone in the upper middle class who isn't related to N-league share these sentiments. Sadly, I still see people on the streets say "Nawaz sharif mulk ko bachaye ga".
    Last edited by Badsha; 14th July 2014 at 20:21.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The difference between the PPP and the Nooras is negligible, it's a bit like being asked to choose between Hitler and Stalin.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    The difference between the PPP and the Nooras is negligible, it's a bit like being asked to choose between Hitler and Stalin.
    Heh maybe you got a bit confused there. There's a massive difference between Hitler and Stalin

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amax View Post
    It is futile to compare PMLN with PPP on intellectual ground /roots in whole country(even with new PTI) there is no comparison here PPP had support of foremost left wing intellectuals when it was created(Taj haider etc ) though PPP does lose many of them to its incompetence. while nawaz career literally started when abba ji met Gen sahab.

Now to some posters talking about BISP, despite PPP's glaring incompetence in dealing with some aspects of economy(for many things they cant be blamed ; Mushy Power crisis, Law and order) BISP was a very good program. Another achievement was recovery of economy(specially agriculture) post floods which even world bank praised.

"Over the past few years there have been signs that poverty levels may have further decreased, despite the downturn in the economy, floods and inflation. These gains might have been supported primarily through remittances, faster than expected recovery of the agricultural output and exports following the floods, and broad economic growth"

Now coming to current PMLN its for all practical/ideological purposes is Nawaz league, and current Nawaz Sharif is what you call a typical business oriented center rightist(who is also trying to reconcile his image with liberals).He dosnt have an intellectual pedigree for revolution /societal engineering neither his party has any intellectual base etc but he do enjoy support of business community; Mian Minsha, Riaz bahria and other business men from Karachi etc. So will make attempts to somehow kick start economy ,encourage FDI and policy of friendship in region etc but not any/many basic changes in Society
    Honestly I think PPP was very unlucky to rule at the time.

Poor security situation in the country was a given and expected so you could say maybe they should have taken that into account and planned for it.

But the total collapse of the global economy which occured during their time really was out of their hands. Add to that 2 years of decimating floods acrss the country and they were set back a lot. If they were in power during Mush years, the growth figures would have been roughly the same

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Zia's political progeny, darlings of the establishment, Saudi stooges, an entry point for ex-Jamaatias into popular politics, a vehicle for the petite bourgeoise mentality to lord it over the country, protectors of sectarian terrorists, and cowards who turn tail and flee into exile.

Last but not least, not a national party. Unlike PPP and even PTI, who have support across the country, they don't. Their support is so poor outside their bastion, they can't even engineer a rigged victory elsewhere, which means their government hurts national cohesion in ways a PPP government never would.
    Excellent analysis.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Their economic policy is to take out loans on interest, heck almost all their projects are on interest and let the next government pay it off, there's no policy for generating money.

"The hypocrite seeks for faults, the believer seeks for excuses"-Imam al Ghazali (ra)

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by speed View Post
    Their economic policy is to take out loans on interest, heck almost all their projects are on interest and let the next government pay it off, there's no policy for generating money.
    Yeah pretty much. Take a loan, impress the uneducated public with nice shiny projects. Do nothing yet look like you are doing everything.

All the meanwhile your Swiss accounts keep getting fatter.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their support is poor even within their own bastion. They had to rig elections in Lahore, that is supposed to be their fort. And that too against a party that didnt have a single seat in the assemblies.

Some posters trying to be political philosophers terming them economically forward thinking blah blah blah....They are an incompetent group of people with no policies whatsoever, who are rotten to the core
    Last edited by waqar_ahmad; 14th July 2014 at 21:37.

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    573 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar_ahmad View Post
    Their support is poor even within their own bastion. They had to rig elections in Lahore, that is supposed to be their fort. And that too against a party that didnt have a single seat in the assemblies.
    I guess so. I would say there is nevertheless a fair bit of support, through the old politics of patronage, the caste-based vote, the "winners" they inveigle into joining them, and not least the petite bourgeoise who see eye to eye with their "ideology," such as it is and ask no question about their white elephant projects.

Outside the bastion, even rigging the vote wouldn't work: it would be too blatant for even our establishment to contemplate. They pulled it off in 1997. It's just not possible today.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess so. I would say there is nevertheless a fair bit of support, through the old politics of patronage, the caste-based vote, the "winners" they inveigle into joining them, and not least the petite bourgeoise who see eye to eye with their "ideology," such as it is and ask no question about their white elephant projects.

Outside the bastion, even rigging the vote wouldn't work: it would be too blatant for even our establishment to contemplate. They pulled it off in 1997. It's just not possible today.
    Very true.

And if their govt falls this time around, they will be wiped out of most of punjab as well. Electricity shortfall has reached record levels now. 14 to 18 hours of load shedding a day. I just wonder why do some people keep saying PMLN will improve the economy when indicators prove otherwise
    Last edited by waqar_ahmad; 14th July 2014 at 22:11.

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, PK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crony Capitalists.

"The boos I can handle. It's the silence of the educated fans that rankle…" - New Yorker Cartoon

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    They represent their constituents fairly well. Not very well educated, loyal to Pakistan, but can be bought for the right price.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    Heh maybe you got a bit confused there. There's a massive difference between Hitler and Stalin
    I suggest you study history a little more,There wasn't a difference between the two, both were dictators that killed lots of people.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    They represent their constituents fairly well. Not very well educated, loyal to Pakistan, but can be bought for the right price.
    None if these guys are loyal to Pakistan-they would quite happy to #^%# on Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Lagta hai laptop nahi mila Bewal

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    None if these guys are loyal to Pakistan-they would quite happy to #^%# on Pakistan.
    You missed the last part of the sentence.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfectly summed the fertile GT road belt; conservative with strong nationalist sentiment.
    Last edited by amax; 14th July 2014 at 23:13.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Democratically elected monarchs.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zane_ View Post
    Crony Capitalists.
    accurate description.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ^ Lagta hai laptop nahi mila Bewal
    Explain?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I suggest you study history a little more,There wasn't a difference between the two, both were dictators that killed lots of people.
    I was being nice to you but it seems like you really did not study world war history.

One was totally against the idea of communism and the other was totally for it.

They had a war as well. Yeah. They were totally the same.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Being sarcastic?

If they have any loyalty it's saudi arabia.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This thread will remain negative until we have input from biggest PMLN supporter on Pakpassion "AZ".

I am yet to see a positive aspect of PMLN that almost everyone agrees.

I think one positive (almost) is their obsession with building bridges/roads/mega projects (mainly in Lahore though) which may not be exactly as per our priorities but it somehow benefits people. For example "Metro Bus" was purely a gimmick to attract voters just before elections but at least hundreds of thousands of average people are being benefited.

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    This thread will remain negative until we have input from biggest PMLN supporter on Pakpassion "AZ".

I think one positive (almost) is their obsession with building bridges/roads/mega projects (mainly in Lahore though) which may not be exactly as per our priorities but it somehow benefits people. For example "Metro Bus" was purely a gimmick to attract voters just before elections but at least hundreds of thousands of average people are being benefited.
    Unfortunately there isn't one.

An obvious positive is the development work in Lahore over the years, however when you take into account that clean drinking water is still a luxury in Punjab, then you realise that all that money spent on roads and bridges should have first been spent on providing the most basic necessities to citizens of Punjab.

Then you ask yourself that if you and I can see this then how did the politicians failed to see this. You dig a bit deeper and you realise that the more infrastructure work that is carried out the richer the PML-N leadership and cronies become. Punjab gov't launches a project, exaggerates the cost, takes a major cut as commission, the tender goes to a relative or friend, the material comes from their own factories or a friends and in 6 months you have a brand-new bridge at triple the cost only because Punjab government will never pass the 'conflict of interest bill'.

It is now a common joke in Lahore that it is a shame that PMLN does not have stakes in any sewage and drainage factory/plant otherwise they would have put in new pipes and drains before building roads on top. You should see the state of these new roads when it rains in Lahore.

And as far as their economic policy is concerned, it is non-existent. If anyone can prove to me that PMLN has a genuine functioning economic policy, I will not post on these forums until after Eid.

Whenever Nawaz wins, he divides PMLN equally. He keeps PM for himself and gives L N to the people.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^
    As I said earlier it is all bs to say that pmln has an economic policy. It's all a money making cycle. There's no electricity for homes or local businesses. Kh asif apologized to the nation that the govt is unable to control load shedding. This is the experience that they got votes on.

Metro bus is a great project though. Now people can buy metro bus ticket and use the conditioned buses all day coz there is no electricity at home. That's called foresight

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    waiting for AZ to get off twitter and come over to defend his party and its beyond pathetic record.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nooras have offered ministries to PPP and MQM to save their govt from the threat that PTI poses. This is why we say that PPP and PMLN are two sides of the same coin. Noora kushti

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    I was being nice to you but it seems like you really did not study world war history.

One was totally against the idea of communism and the other was totally for it.

They had a war as well. Yeah. They were totally the same.
    Stalin was an autocrat and a murderer and Hitler was exactly the same. Both killed opponents(just ask Trotsky), As for your assertion about Stalin and Communism, I never knew it was part of communism to imprison millions into Gulags and use them as slave labour. Both were imperialists, quite happy to take territory from others. So please save me the lesson on History, you are better off trying to understand it yourself.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PMLN adding fake votes to the 4 constituencies that PIT wants investigated:

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthrea...SED-with-NAMES

Another feather in their cap. This is why NADRA chief was removed
    Last edited by waqar_ahmad; 15th July 2014 at 13:24.

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Dec 2004
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They don't have much up top - much like their courageous leader.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PMLN adding fake votes to the 4 constituencies that PIT wants investigated:

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthrea...SED-with-NAMES

Another feather in their cap. This is why NADRA chief was removed
    and what are we (PTI) doing about this??

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ We cant really do much administratively when everyone's in on it.

Imran just did a press conference and demanded audit of the entire elections, not just the 4 constituencies. That is PTI's response to this.

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ^ We cant really do much administratively when everyone's in on it.

Imran just did a press conference and demanded audit of the entire elections, not just the 4 constituencies. That is PTI's response to this.
    its looking futile at the moment. I don't know what more he can do.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Nothing. That's why long march is so important. Cant take these thugs down by being all goody goody and going to election tribunals and courts.

I've been saying this from day 1, the day when noora rigged the elections, that PTI should have come out in full force. Better late than never I guess. This govt needs to go, by hook or by crook

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Planet Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjahmed23 View Post
    Democratically elected monarchs.
    Actually they were not elected democratically.

Their ghundas (goons) literally stamped and put votes in whole Punjab.

Even kids knew what they were doing.

#shamelessness

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Srinivasan's house
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Corrupt American puppets.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Aap key Dil main
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post

This is exactly what I hate about PMLN. They don't know priorities.

This is today's news reports.

Bridge ban raha hai aur sath hi loog rehtay hain un ko peenay ka pani nahi mil raha

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great work if you can get it. Were these PPP men or pmln men?

http://tribune.com.pk/story/736856/d...in-uk-in-2013/

Domestic rape and child abduction pips the Kuwaiti and Saudi diplomats accused of driving drunk.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    - for those who suggested it is not a national party, PMLN has Assembly seats in every province of Pakistan. Of course their power base was and continues to be Punjab, but let's deal in facts instead of falsities.

- someone suggested their vote bank is the uneducated class, well - Punjab tops Pakistan District Education Rankings http://www.nation.com.pk/lahore/21-J...ation-rankings

if anything they need to do more in the less affluent South Punjab, a PPP stronghold of the past.

- if the Metro Bus was a cheap vote attracting gimmick then someone please explain why PTI and KP govt are doing the same thing in Peshawar...they are doing it for votes as well, in 2014?

one must admire the blatant hypocrisy of some of our Insafian brethren.

when it is pointed out to them by some of our posters in KP that the situation has not improved as expected or not at all, they immediately say it has only been a year, give us some time and you will see the difference.

yet they are the ones crying the most when it comes to the 'below par' performance of the federal govt

- anyways, an overview of the law and order situation of the country:

A noticeable decline from the pre-election days in 2013, in fact at lowest levels since WoT happened.

Of course a lot more still needs to be done, especially at the provincial level across the country.

- The economic situation also seems to have taken positive trends - http://www.dawn.com/news/1119172

Pakistan Railways also getting back on its feet a bit:

Of course that doesn't mean much with inflation still making it tough for the common man on the street to get by, no doubt a lot more still needs to be done.

- The loadshedding situation has admittedly become unbearable recently, especially in Punjab...the situation had improved in the early few months of the 1st year but now seems to have worsened.

definitely need to pull up their socks and try to restore some semblance of control over the situation, this more than anything is a deal-breaker if they ever want to be/remain in power.

- foreign policy has been the same as it always was...improved ties with the Gulf states, initiate a dialogue with India, further strengthened ties with China...can't see much to complain about there.

- on the domestic front, if it isn't Najam Sethi and his punctures then its the CJP, NADRA, ECP, Cookie Monster, Dajjal...PTI can make all the noise they want, their baseless agitations will never bear fruit.

and even IF their dreams did come true and somehow the Army did ever decide to meddle in political affairs of the country again, the last person they would ever choose to be a PM would be someone they could not control like the Insafian bhagwaan Imran Khan.

Proud Shehri of Misbah Ka Pakistan

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegitto1 View Post
    Unfortunately there isn't one.
    It is now a common joke in Lahore that it is a shame that PMLN does not have stakes in any sewage and drainage factory/plant otherwise they would have put in new pipes and drains before building roads on top. You should see the state of these new roads when it rains in Lahore.
    Lahore roads don't get flooded so bad after rain.. Used to happen a few years ago.

Misbah, Wahab, Junaid, Root, Williamson fan.
    T20 isn't Cricket

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is a thread about the pmln not about the pti - so stripping aside your childish name calling and looking at the meat of your post:

Quote Originally Posted by AZ View Post
    - anyways, an overview of the law and order situation of the country:

A noticeable decline from the pre-election days in 2013, in fact at lowest levels since WoT happened.

Of course a lot more still needs to be done, especially at the provincial level across the country.

- The economic situation also seems to have taken positive trends - http://www.dawn.com/news/1119172

Pakistan Railways also getting back on its feet a bit:

Of course that doesn't mean much with inflation still making it tough for the common man on the street to get by, no doubt a lot more still needs to be done.

- The loadshedding situation has admittedly become unbearable recently, especially in Punjab...the situation had improved in the early few months of the 1st year but now seems to have worsened.

definitely need to pull up their socks and try to restore some semblance of control over the situation, this more than anything is a deal-breaker if they ever want to be/remain in power.

- foreign policy has been the same as it always was...improved ties with the Gulf states, initiate a dialogue with India, further strengthened ties with China...can't see much to complain about there.
    do you not realise that the improvements in those graphs of suicide deaths happened before 2011? the graphs dont extend to 2014 so how can you use them to claim theres been an improvement under the pmln?

that aside, without the y axis labelled, its meaningless.

on the conomy i reject outright any notion that improvement is due to economic policy based on those railway numbers. the pmln may well have done things to improve the economy, but surely there is some evidence of that somewhere. dont forget that the global economy has undergone an immense improvement over the past three or four years, so any improvement in the pakistani economy might still not be due to the ruling party - that said, after four or five years of gross mismanagement, plunder and corruption from the ppp, it is unreasonable to expect any incoming government to turn around an economic tanker in just a year.

so how does one measure economic policy? well firstly, its about what policy has been introduced. what measures have been taken to reduce debt and so corresponding inflationary measures. what is being done to stave off corruption in terms of embezzlement and fraud. what is being done to stave of corruption in terms of revenue for the state ie tax receipts.

i havent seen anything much along any of those lines from the pmln, anything that i have seen has been negative though. surely if they are going to make the point, or if youre going to make the point, you will have some relevant data - where is it?

your points on loadshedding i agree with, but this ties into corruption.

foreign policy is a moot pint at the moment, since the domestic situation is so poor, the best we can hope for internationally is a status quo which seems to be happening.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Dude click on the tweet, it will open a new page that shows the graphs fully.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, economy is doing great now. That's why PMLN had to fudge the numbers

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Aap key Dil main
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gullu Butt Force

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A cancer to the country this evil needs to be rooted out ASAP lets hope 14 Aug is the day

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude click on the tweet, it will open a new page that shows the graphs fully.
    Ahh yes, I see it now, with the y axis. We'll that is good, but it's very specific on suicide bombs which makes it moot - what are the numbers for all terror related deaths?

Also good point on the economy above, if it was doing so well, they wouldn't have lied to the IMF. One thing the government does seem to excell at is typos, they've been amazing at that when no other even tin pot country to my recollection has used them as an excuse for two very high profile issues.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ^^ if suicide bombings - the principal MO of the extremists - have gone down then what you do expect the trend for the number of terror-related deaths to be like? its not rocket science.

this IMF ''typo'' news that is going around, if true then it certainly needs to be explained and investigated...have only read about it in the likes of Tribune so far.

also, the other one was done by the ECP, which is not run by the govt...let's try to deal in facts instead of the usual toothless rhetoric.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^^ if suicide bombings - the principal MO of the extremists - have gone down then what you do expect the trend for the number of terror-related deaths to be like? its not rocket science.

this IMF ''typo'' news that is going around, if true then it certainly needs to be explained and investigated...have only read about it in the likes of Tribune so far.

also, the other one was done by the ECP, which is not run by the govt...let's try to deal in facts instead of the usual toothless rhetoric.
    Deepening debt trap

The only way out of the prevalent fiscal mess is to accelerate growth, generate employment, enhance tax revenues and stop financing luxuries of elite

Pakistan’s fiscal mess continues unabated as the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR), yet again (this is the sixth consecutive year) failed to achieve the revised target of Rs2275 while the original budget target was Rs2475 billion. On the one hand, the present government has failed to meet the revenue targets and on the other it has made the tax system more oppressive by enhancing indirect taxes and adding new withholding provisions in the income tax law.
    After adding many extra billions to the debt burden — an act that has plunged the terrorism-hit country into an unmanageable “debt trap” — our finance minister is beating the victory drum by declaring that the World Bank would be lending $15 billion during next five years while other lenders, like Asian Development Bank, Islamic Development Bank, have also started “taking new rulers seriously”.
    On June 30, 2013, our total domestic debt was Rs14 trillion which as of today has exceeded Rs17 trillion. Increase of three trillion rupees in one year is terrifying. Nobody in the National Assembly or Senate is worried about erosion of our resources largely consumed by debt servicing. Nobody has a plan of how to come out of this ‘debt prison’, which is the main cause of our political subjugation.
    When the PPP government was borrowing on an average of Rs3-4 billion a day, Senator Ishaq Dar was very critical and now he is resorting to the same with more zeal, rather greed. His borrowing on average during the fiscal year 2013-14 was Rs9-10 billion a day — yet he keeps on accusing his predecessor regime for all the ills!
    Pakistan’s obligations on external debt are also rising enormously — in debt servicing alone there was rise of 55 per cent in fiscal year 203-14 as compared to immediate preceding year. As the country’s external debt burden is increasing, in the coming years, the government will have to borrow more, just to repay past loans. The domestic debt will also increase as the government has failed to broaden the tax base and reduce expenditure.
    During the just-ended fiscal year 2013-14, the government registered shortfall of nearly Rs275 billion in revenue generation (both taxes and non-taxes) and exceeded its sanctioned current expenditure by Rs112 billion. The current expenditure was Rs3242 billion whereas the FBR collected only Rs2262 billion. The government was understating the expenses and overstating the revenue to hide the actual budget deficit. We have already pointed out in our last column that revenue collection by the FBR was overstated to the extent of Rs150 billion, if not more.
    The sad story of manipulating figures as well as projecting rosy picture by the government continues unabated — the government last year provided Rs1.325 trillion in debt servicing while the IMF projected the figure at Rs1.352 trillion. The official estimates on subsidy of Rs203 billion are also contested by the IMF claiming these may rise to Rs229 billion.
    In fiscal year 2013-14, the actual spending on subsidies was Rs83 billion higher than the budgeted amount. The IMF says defence budget will be Rs706 billion — higher by Rs7 billion than shown in the budget. The IMF says Rs442 billion would be spent on grants — Rs71 billion higher than official figures as most of these grants are given to the armed forces to meet their expenses not stated as defence budget.
    The IMF has shown the total development spending at Rs1.012 trillion against the figure of Rs1.175 trillion, approved by the National Economic Council. The IMF has no reservations over figure of federal development budget at Rs525 billion, but for provincial spending its figure is Rs486 billion against the official version of Rs650 billion. The IMF is given assurance by the federal government that the four provinces will save Rs289 billion from their budgets to keep the overall budget deficit at 4.8 per cent of the GDP. This is the murky economic position about which our rulers are claiming to have achieved wonders!
    Situation on external debts is even murkier. According to the IMF, Pakistan would need nearly $10.8 billion for the fiscal year 2014-15 — the bulk of this will go towards returning foreign loans. The government will require $3.1 billion alone to meet the current account deficit. It needs further $5.4 billion to retire medium and long-term loans including $1.3 billion to the IMF. Another $3.6 billion are required to pay back loans acquired from other creditors like the World Bank and Asian Development Bank (ADB). An amount of $2.3 billion would be required to return short-term loans that the present government received in the last one year.
    The available financing is only $6.5 billion while the rest is expected to come through foreign direct investment and privatisation proceeds. Many believe that these estimates are too ambitious — there are difficulties in attracting foreign investment because of the prevailing law and order situation and bureaucratic hurdles.
    For meeting the gap of $4.3 billion, reliance is being placed on financing from the IMF, World Bank and some other foreign lenders. What will be the conditions associated with fresh loans and timeframe for securing the same have yet not been made public. The IMF is expected to make gross disbursement of $2.23 billion to Pakistan in the fiscal year 2014-15 — out of this we will return $1.3 billion as repayment and net support would be only $937 million.
    The World Bank is likely to provide $1.3 billion in policy loans with no contribution committed by ADB so far. Under the IMF conditions, the government is to increase its gross reserves to $13.3 billion by the end of the current fiscal year, an increase of $4.1 billion over the reserves held as on June 30, 2014. In the presence of $10.8 billion external financing needs, it is going to be a daunting task.
    The only way out of this prevalent mess is to accelerate growth, generate employment, enhance tax revenues, and stop financing luxuries of elites and losses of public sector enterprises (PSEs). But the present government like its predecessors is not serious about it. During its election campaign, Muslim League-Nawaz made tall claims that on assuming power it would get rid of the “cancer of external debts” — but now it is knocking the doors of international lenders even more vigorously than Pakistan People’s Party.
    In the face of these challenges, the government is not inclined to impose fiscal discipline and stop reckless borrowings to pay off liabilities of the corruption-ridden inefficient PSEs. All the governments — civil or military alike — have failed to end debt enslavement by raising revenues even to the extent of Rs6 trillion, though actual potential is around Rs8.5 trillion. Unless we tap the real tax potential, Pakistan will remain in ‘debt prison’.
    Expending billions on tax-free benefits and perquisites for the elites is worsening the miseries of the poor. Look at residences of the president, governors, prime minister, ministers, judges, generals and high-ranking civil officials with an army of servants and fleets of cars. Wasteful spending on these elites could have helped in poverty alleviation and ending economic deprivation of millions. Unwillingness of the rulers to tax the rich is playing havoc with the economy. The present crisis testifies to the failure of power-hungry, money-greedy politicians and incompetent, inefficient and corrupt bureaucrats.
    Pakistan cannot come out of debt-enslavement unless state conforms to the principle enshrined in Article 3 of the Constitution — from each according to his ability, to each according to his work. For this, everyone should be given work with a fair reward in return.
    There should be a complete change in the style of governance — the president, governors, prime minister, chief ministers, ministers, parliamentarians, and high-ranking government officials should live like ordinary citizens. Palatial residences occupied by them should be sold or converted into income-yielding assets. All perquisites of government servants and public office-holders should be monetized to remove the burden off our country’s broken financial back.

http://tns.thenews.com.pk/deepening-.../#.U8zi_HVlLaS

The above news should be a big worry for every Pakistani. PML(N) is pushing Pakistan into deep mess by relying on "only" debts... In last one year they have borrowed way more debts than any other fiscal year in Pakistan's history...

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought the typo news was official. there are widespread rumours, albeit rumours only, that the electoral commission is in the pocket of the government. whilst on the subject of dealing with facts rather than toothless rehetoric, 'its not rocket science' to do the tiniest bit of research on something you speak about although i am starting to understand that this is ot the way of the pmln or their supporters.

although suicide attacks and explosive have substantially replaced firearms as the main source of terrorist related death in hte past five years, and i cant find figures for the past five years, certainly in the context of terrosism from the 70's to th late 00's, "Figure 16 indicates that firearms were the main weapon in 1003 cases—near 40% of the terrorist incidents, very closely followed by explosives in 806 (32%) incidents. Incendiary was used in 264 (11%) incidents, suicide attacks in 81 (3%) cases, melee in 75 (3%), and projectiles in 49 (2%). "

it'll be higher than 3% certainly now, but 'its not rocket science' to note that its not necessarily equivalent to everything.

from: http://www.pakistansocietyofcriminol...inPakistan.pdf

for someone who constantly bemoans vulgarities and aggression from your political opposites, youre hypocritically the most widespread and consistent perpetrator of the same kind of childish name calling and foolish attempts at denigration. for someone who constantly bemoans substance, its comes as no surprise that you have absolutely none of it. you avoid any legitimate issues that are raised, focus on irrelevant minutiae, and sit in some self glorified sulk since it seems there are few other reactions available to someone supporting widespread nepotism, corruption, embezzlement and rank immorality.

more pmln news you can ignore in the worship of tind:

http://tribune.com.pk/story/738749/c...shoaib-idrees/

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The typo is official. It was even brought up in a talk show that I was watching, and PMLN rep was there. And a big LOL at it being investigated. What is there to investigate? That why did the govt lie? It's becoming standard noora practice now, blame everything on typos.

What else should be investigated? How about the fact that PMLN used to bash PPP for taking huge loans, and now, they have borrowed more in one year than PPP did in 5 years.

Or may be the fact that Kh Asif is a major shareholder in a company that was awarded contract for power generation recently. And yet, power generation still hasnt improved.

Or may be how PMLN govt missed the tax collection target, then revised the target and missed that one too.

Or may be how PMLN made a big deal of clearing out circular debt, and now it has once again grown up to around 300 billion.

And to fix load shedding, pray to the Almighty for rain. Kh Asif made this statement. An official statement coming from the energy minister. I wonder if this was in PMLN's manifesto before the elections where they promised to end load shedding on 2 or 6 months or something.
    Last edited by waqar_ahmad; 21st July 2014 at 15:07.

Ghareeb saray mar gaye

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The typo is official. It was even brought up in a talk show that I was watching, and PMLN rep was there. And a big LOL at it being investigated. What is there to investigate? That why did the govt lie? It's becoming standard noora practice now, blame everything on typos.

What else should be investigated? How about the fact that PMLN used to bash PPP for taking huge loans, and now, they have borrowed more in one year than PPP did in 5 years.

Or may be the fact that Kh Asif is a major shareholder in a company that was awarded contract for power generation recently. And yet, power generation still hasnt improved.

Or may be how PMLN govt missed the tax collection target, then revised the target and missed that one too.

Or may be how PMLN made a big deal of clearing out circular debt, and now it has once again grown up to around 300 billion.

And to fix load shedding, pray to the Almighty for rain. Kh Asif made this statement. An official statement coming from the energy minister. I wonder if this was in PMLN's manifesto before the elections where they promised to end load shedding on 2 or 6 months or something.
    theyre gonna teach all their jiyalas a rain dance as part of the next election pledge.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get ready for the word 'insaftards' to rear its head and make a public dance in the hope that all those points are forgotten.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Another PML elected member is on the run from the police for beating up a Policeman.The good is news is the Showbaz Sharif has taken notice.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Who got the $5bn after the original debt was written off?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another PML elected member is on the run from the police for beating up a Policeman.The good is news is the Showbaz Sharif has taken notice.
    You talking about the guy who attacked a police station with his goons?

Ghareeb saray mar gaye