Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1844 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court on Wednesday declared that licenses of 16 pilots and 65 cabin crew members were suspended for holding fake degrees and wrapped up the case.

A three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Mian Saqib Nisar heard a case pertaining to verification of degrees of pilots and cabin crew members. The chief justice had taken notice of alleged appointment of pilots holding fake qualifications in January last year.

As the hearing went under way, the counsel for Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) informed the court, “Except for six degrees all others have been verified. The six degrees that have not been verified belong to those who are abroad.”

“Degrees of 16 pilots and 65 cabin crew members were fake and their licenses have been suspended,” the CAA counsel added. At this, the chief justice remarked, “The impression is that action is being taken in haste over the court order.”

“We do not want to halt anyone’s source of income. The certificates on the basis of which the licenses of pilots and cabin crew members were suspended should be accurate,” the top judge added.

The counsel for CAA said, “Pilots have the right to appeal after their licenses are suspended.”

At this, a pilot present in the courtroom whose license was also suspended said, “My degree is not fake but my license was still suspended.” The chief justice then remarked, “If anyone has any issues then they should approach the relevant forum.”

Declaring that degrees of 16 pilots and 65 cabin crew members belonging to all local airlines turned out to be fake and their licenses were suspended, the court wrapped up the case.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/224535-16-...g-fake-degrees

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1844 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Scary stuff this! But then as long as they can fly a plane that should be ok?!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@MenInG @Syed1 @Mamoon @DW44

Guys watch this press conference. The state PIA was being run in was abysmal. However, it looks like the new administration are determined to bring back PIA's glorious past.

Massive changes to cut costs and improve the airline have been made which are all brought to our knowledge through this press conference. I know some of us have our differences with this political government, but I'm sure each and every one of us can appreciate the airline being restored to, at the very least, a decent and comfortable entity.

The steps taken by the PIA CEO are commendable! He seems like an educated, humble and motivated guy without any personal, nefarious vendettas of his own.

Cheers!
    Last edited by MenInG; 19th January 2019 at 12:57.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon Also, to add to my previous point, you have expressed your grief over how citizens of Peshawar have been marginalized in the past and written extensively over the horrendous state of the Bacha Khan airport. The CEO has brought to our knowledge of introducing new flight routes from Peshawar, meaning you don't have to come all the way to Islamabad to take major international flights anymore. And night landings have also been recommenced.

Good news!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    @Mamoon Also, to add to my previous point, you have expressed your grief over how citizens of Peshawar have been marginalized in the past and written extensively over the horrendous state of the Bacha Khan airport. The CEO has brought to our knowledge of introducing new flight routes from Peshawar, meaning you don't have to come all the way to Islamabad to take major international flights anymore. And night landings have also been recommenced.

Good news!
    That will indeed be a welcome step, but we will see if these plans ever come to fruition. I have no faith in this government because most of the time they are just talk.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    That will indeed be a welcome step, but we will see if these plans ever come to fruition. I have no faith in this government because most of the time they are just talk.
    Unlike the previous,competent govts who acted by hiring people in return for bribes, meaning that the PIA has 18000 employees, or 600 for every craft. But that's ok because corruption is not a big problem in PK. Noora logic!!!!!!

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Watch the press conference. I would usually agree with you over waiting to see if it ever comes to fruition however, the steps they've taken and the changes they've made already in the 2 months of acquiring PIA office, I would certainly be optimistic.