Born January 15, 1990, Monzai, North-West Frontier Province

Current age 24 years

Major teams Peshawar, Peshawar Panthers

Batting style Left-hand bat

Name:  israrullah.jpg
Views: 24549
Size:  32.2 KB

Getting into Cricket

I started playing cricket at school. I also played club cricket in Peshawar after completing my school. Later, I was selected for the U16 team and the for the U19 team through trials. Now, I am playing first-class cricket. These days, I follow Misbah-ul-Haq. I am inspired by his will to play long innings under pressure.

Role Models

My role model is former Pakistan opener Saeed Anwar. I used to watch and copy his batting when I was growing up. I really admired his style of batting and the way he used to play his shots.

Selection for Peshawar Panthers

I performed well in 4-day matches and hence I was named in Peshawar's 50-over team. From there, I didn't look back and was selected for the T20 team as well. I have been representing Peshawar Panthers for 4 years now.

Haier T20 Cup

It was a wonderful experience for us. We rubbed shoulders with many international players and came out on top. We had a good team combination and the team management worked extremely hard with us.

Mood is dressing room during Haier T20 Cup

The mood in the dressing room was great. We had self belief and we knew we could win this tournament. We defeated Islamabad and that day, we were sure we had a chance. We also beat Faisalabad Wolves in that tournament by containing them and by not allowing them to chase the target. These two were big wins for us.

High first-class average

Yes, I do have a high first-class average and I have now been rewarded. I have been named in the Pakistan A squad, which will travel to the UAE this month. Average of 42 in first-class cricket is certainly worth mentioning and I am proud of my stats.

Talent in Peshawar Panthers

There is a lot of talent in our team and I'm sure players like Imran Khan, Mohammad Rizwan, Adil Amin and Zohaib Khan will do big one day. Mohammad Rizwan has been in contention for a long time, but hasn't got his chance, but it's about time the selectors realized his abilities.

Invitation from departments

My department is Sui Gas and it has qualified for first-class, but I will be representing Peshawar region on this occasion as they are in the Gold league and the main focus of the selectors is on that league. Inshallah, we will do very well in the tournament. Last time, we went down in the final, but this time we hope to go one step ahead.

Call-up to Pakistan A

It's an honour for me to be named in the Pakistan A squad and I see this as a big opportunity to showcase my talent. I am working very hard and Inshallah, I will be able to perform. I have been doing practice of late and my performance in the Haier T20 Cup was also decent. We will be playing our first match on 15th October and I am looking forward to this new venture.

200 against Lahore Ravi

Yes, I really enjoyed that knock. It is one of the best innings of my career. I cherish playing the longer format. Just like Misbah-ul-Haq, I am also a fan of playing long innings. I enjoyed the battle with him in the recently concluded Haier T20 Cup. As far as the UAE tour is concerned, the conditions there will suit me and I am geared up to do well.

Craze of Cricket in Peshawar

The passion of cricket in Peshawar is immense. I have played club cricket there and there are so many players, who do net practice at clubs. I can easily name at least 5 players from the Peshawar Panthers squad, who are the product of club cricket. It's great to see youngsters turning up and spending time doing nets.

Fitness & Training

Yes, I do net practice to stay in good touch. Along with that, I do work out in the gym. I feel I am in very good shape and Inshallah, there won't be any fitness issues from my side in the upcoming UAE tour as well as in future.

Future Aims

Last season, I scored about 875 runs and this season, I aim to cross the 1000 mark. About 2-3 seasons back, I was among the runs as well and piled up 600-700 runs. My ultimate aim is to represent Pakistan in the future and I hope I would be able to achieve this aim very soon.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is a good player

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best of luck to him. Good to see talented players coming through from Peshawar.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    685 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Now, I am playing first-class cricket. These days, I follow Misbah-ul-Haq. I am inspired by his will to play long innings under pressure.
    @Mamoon, what's this? A player from Peshawar wanting to play long innings?

Refreshing change, and that's what young batsmen should aim for. Not blind slog slog out.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Refreshing change, and that's what young batsmen should aim for. Not blind slog slog out.

Misbah doesn't exactly play long innings though; doesn't even have an ODI century . Wrong example.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    MysteriousLand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think he will get a chance today. Will have to wait more. Hope he keeps consistent unlike clh.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If they try to play long innings.. people moan about strike rate...

only fighters rise up from the dust..

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bforme View Post
    Don't think he will get a chance today. Will have to wait more. Hope he keeps consistent unlike clh.
    he got a chance, and he's already out

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    A good read.

Shame he's missed out today by only scoring 5 against Australia.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Best of luck to him for the future.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Dubai/Glasgow*
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to see him in the Pakistan A squad for the Sri Lanka tour.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Google+, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Casablanca
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he makes the most out of Pakistan A tour to SL.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Limited batsman. Can't take singles. No foot work and has very little talent. Won't make it.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Aap key Dil main
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    Limited batsman. Can't take singles. No foot work and has very little talent. Won't make it.
    Lookslike carbon copy of Ahmed Shahzad

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1809 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Excellent potentially match winning innings against Karachi Blues

153* in 148 balls

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too slow of an innings but I don't know what the conditions and circumstances were so good knock nonetheless.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    685 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Too slow of an innings but I don't know what the conditions and circumstances were so good knock nonetheless.
    This guy is one of the WORST OPENERS I've seen in domestics.

Has a woeful technique, ugly stance, mostly legside hoicks, cross batted, dot ball and straight to the fielder king.

Basically a poor man's Ahmed Shehzad. Worse than him.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has a woeful technique, ugly stance, mostly legside hoicks, cross batted, dot ball and straight to the fielder king.

Yeah, I don't doubt what you're saying. I don't trust domestic ODI score anymore considering KAkmal is the leading FC run scorer and Junior Akmal is the leading t20 run scorer. Even Ahmed Shehzad keeps piling up runs incessantly.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1809 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Except that Shehzad couldnt score when it mattered.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Israrullah scored 212 in QEA today.... needs to be consistent... it's now or never

Meri Barbaadiyan Durust Magar...
    Too Bata Kya Tujhe Sawaab Mila...

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got man of the match for his match winning 50 other day and today what a 50 he made pure pathan power shots big sixes by israr he is in red hot form surely psl teams think tank are monitoring him

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His old issues remain.

1. He is strong hitting through midwicket/square leg as well as through point but he is easily tied down when the bowler hits a length that requires him to hit through the covers/mid-off. This is particularly evident when the field is inside the circle. Just watch his innings today.

2. He is similar to a lot of current Windies batsmen in that he will either hit boundaries or consume dot balls. Strike rotation is non-existent. I'll use today's inning as an example- he hit 50 off 30 which sounds impressive... until you realise ten of those deliveries were dot balls- ie. a third of the deliveries he faced. Combine this with the above issue and you see the problem.

His career hasn't really pushed on and given his old issues remain it doesn't look like it will any time soon. He is nearing 28 and there are better options available.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    His old issues remain.

1. He is strong hitting through midwicket/square leg as well as through point but he is easily tied down when the bowler hits a length that requires him to hit through the covers/mid-off. This is particularly evident when the field is inside the circle. Just watch his innings today.

2. He is similar to a lot of current Windies batsmen in that he will either hit boundaries or consume dot balls. Strike rotation is non-existent. I'll use today's inning as an example- he hit 50 off 30 which sounds impressive... until you realise ten of those deliveries were dot balls- ie. a third of the deliveries he faced. Combine this with the above issue and you see the problem.

His career hasn't really pushed on and given his old issues remain it doesn't look like it will any time soon. He is nearing 28 and there are better options available.
    when I saw him in 2013-14 I also thought that his chances of making it to the big stage were extremely low because he had weaknesses that were could be exploited.I think almost all of Peshawar panthers players are limited but their passion gets the best out of them but when your are playing against good sides you have to be a complete package otherwise team are going to exploit you(as we saw with the Nauman anwar's andIftkakhar ahmeds in PSL)

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Israrullah scored 45 off 31 today against a decent bowling line up. Also bowled 9 overs and took 3 wickets and conceded 40 runs. Got out Faisal Iqbal, Danish Aziz and Anwar Ali. Him and Sahibzada Farhan are an aggressive opening partnership for Peshawar.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rawalpindi Region 302-7 in 50 overs: (Azhar Ali 104, 111 balls, 9x4s, 1x6, Umar Amin 81, 88 balls, 6x4s, 2x4s, Iftikhar Ahmed 38, 36 balls, 6x4s, Taj Wali 4-43)

Peshawar Region 305-2 in 47.3 overs: ( Israrullah 150, 125 balls, 14x4s, 5x6s, Asad Shafiq 102*, 89 balls, 10x4s, 2x6s, Sahibzada Farhan 40, 66 balls, 4x4s, 1x6, Attaullah 1-62 )

Result: Peshawar Region won the match by 8 wickets

Toss: Peshawar Region

Umpires: Rashid Riaz & Abdul Moqeet

Referee: Shahid Butt

Scorer: Aamer Khan
    Last edited by hadi123; 2nd February 2018 at 22:01.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs to be consistent which he never has been
    He is 28, it's now or never

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an innings in the ongoing tournament, opened the batting, scored 150 off 125, team chasing 302. Superb knock. Shafiq also scored 102 off 89, so it seems the bowling would have been awful.
    Last edited by BlueDoritos; 2nd February 2018 at 21:32.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Israrullah scored 133 runs of 165 balls.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Israrullah scored 83 runs in the 2nd inning.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Israrullah followed it up by taking 2 wickets for 7 runs.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Israrullah scored 80 runs of 152 balls.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent player but has some technical weaknesses. However he is extremely hard working and has the capacity to improve.