Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    All posts against Modi have been by Hindus.
    exactly. i am shocked to see indian ppers behavior on this thread (except Sandeep). Pak ppers are respecting this (though, disagreeing) in a much more civilised manner.

what modi said, should be taken with a pinch of salt.

what he said, is nothing different than, claiming kurukshetra war happened because there are evidences leading upto it including ayodhya. if one accepts this, why can't accept bove claims?

yes he went overboard but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a point.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Imran Khan today said the petrol prices have gone because of his protest. If a man can be ignorant of present economic and political scenario, little to fault Modi's assessment of ancient India.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some people believe earth is flat, mountains are made to hold the earth still, men was created by god, angels talk to man as messangers, man arose from dead after few days etc etc. What modi said is not big deal. Its still scientific, its just not plausible but definitely possible.

BTW looks like he has been watching ancient aliens lately.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Best reply to Modi's claims. Love the way Nic Cage starts to first hide his smile and then just goes lol.
    Last edited by saadibaba; 1st November 2014 at 21:23.

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

― Oscar Wilde

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Modi just became Eric Von Daniken and Giorgio Tsoukalos's favorite politician

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    exactly. i am shocked to see indian ppers behavior on this thread (except Sandeep). Pak ppers are respecting this (though, disagreeing) in a much more civilised manner.

what he said, is nothing different than, claiming kurukshetra war happened because there are evidences leading upto it including ayodhya. if one accepts this, why can't accept bove claims?

Asking questions, making fun of themselves, coming up with our own interpretations are encouraged in Hinduism. There's nothing uncivilized about what they posted. Unfortunately, there are some right wing forces who don't understand this simple truth.

I'm agnostic but I'd still call myself a Hindu. My interpretation is that the tales were symbolic and were used to define a set of principles for the people to follow. I don't believe they actually happened. It's easier to inculcate virtues in people through tales and legends, and I believe those tales were told to show the people a way of life.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post

It will be good if you learn what you are trying to defend. Ayodhya does not lead to Kurukshetra at all.

They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!!

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one thing I absolutely hate about chaddi brigade RSS and BJP. They should understand they are not thekedaars of Hinduism and Indian culture. Hindus that I know are very secular, in fact borderline atheist and peace loving, these top honchos have no idea about ground reality.

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Apna Karachi aik sau saath
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wasim-fan View Post
    Well Imran Khan today said the petrol prices have gone because of his protest. If a man can be ignorant of present economic and political scenario, little to fault Modi's assessment of ancient India.
    off topic but,
    comprehension fail here tbh.

IK simply said that the government reduced the prices due to his pressure. Not because he has some control over the global price or that it was affected by his increasingly pointless dharna but th government is under pressure to give some token relief to the people. Previously regardless of how much the global price fell, the govt wouldnt follow it up with a decrease in the oil price but make more margin on the differential. This time it had to

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Only atheists have a legitimate right to laugh at modi, others who believe in god/gods dont have a leg to stand on.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Only atheists have a legitimate right to laugh at modi, others who believe in god/gods dont have a leg to stand on.
    Strawman

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Strawman
    So you think that one can believe in miracles and supernatural, and yet laugh at modi's far fetched claims? I mean, of course they can laugh, but isn't that hypocrisy?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    So you think that one can believe in miracles and supernatural, and yet laugh at modi's far fetched claims? I mean, of course they can laugh, but isn't that hypocrisy?
    No bro.

Cos for many religion is just a belief and is kept separate from rational arguments.

When talking about countless other scientific topics, educated religious people don't try to fit religion into the scheme of things.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    No bro.

Cos for many religion is just a belief and is kept separate from rational arguments.

When talking about countless other scientific topics, educated religious people don't try to fit religion into the scheme of things.
    So do these educated religious people know that their belief is irrational? and yet believe in them? what is the use of education then?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    So do these educated religious people know that their belief is irrational? and yet believe in them? what is the use of education then?
    Yes absolutely. All educated religious people know their belief is irrational. Religion is merely a belief that one follows because they were born in a certain family.

At a core level, many humans feel that there is a God who will take care of us. Right from the old caveman days, this has been true.

Some just follow their religion cos they have been indoctrinated with that belief since their childhood and since they can't prove or disprove the existence of God, they just keep believing in the version of God that they have been told exists.

Education is different.
    Religious beliefs are different.

And I can see that you are just having some fun here
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 5th November 2014 at 14:24.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Modi claims genetic science existed in ancient times

Yes absolutely. All educated religious people know their belief is irrational. Religion is merely a belief that one follows because they were born in a certain family.

At a core level, many humans feel that there is a God who will take care of us. Right from the old caveman days, this has been true.

Some just follow their religion cos they have been indoctrinated with that belief since their childhood and since they can't prove or disprove the existence of God, they just keep believing in the version of God that they have been told exists.

Education is different.

I think you are mixing up between being a believer and merely performing rituals for cultural reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by moumotta; 5th November 2014 at 14:47.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moumotta View Post
    I think you are mixing up between being a believer and merely performing rituals for cultural reasons.

Not confusing those 2 aspects.

I was referring to cavemen's belief (Sun being the God, Moon being the God and so on).

Rituals is another aspect. Some follow it. Some don't.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not confusing those 2 aspects.

I was referring to cavemen's belief (Sun being the God, Moon being the God and so on).

Rituals is another aspect. Some follow it. Some don't.
    I was referring to your first para suggesting people know it's not rational but still continue to follow it. A kind of Santa Claus belief.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moumotta View Post
    I was referring to your first para suggesting people know it's not rational but still continue to follow it. A kind of Santa Claus belief.

Ok. Then here's the thing.

Belief is one thing.

Based on belief, certain religious activities follow. Religious activities are not necessarily cultural stuff.

In fact, many in today's times have belief but they don't partake in any of the religious activities.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. Then here's the thing.

Belief is one thing.

Based on belief, certain religious activities follow. Religious activities are not necessarily cultural stuff.

In fact, many in today's times have belief but they don't partake in any of the religious activities.
    The overlap between religious and cultural activities is not that easy to avoid. More often than not the two are interwoven. Consider Kumbh mela as an example. The holy dip is a religious activity but every thing else is cultural. Similarly are Diwali and holi cultural activities or religious. I am not just referring to bursting crackers and spraying colours. Even the pujas that get performed on these occasions have cultural over tones.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian sage Kanad conducted nuke test lakhs of years ago: BJP MP

http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...-in-lok-sabha/

Emphasising that Indias knowledgeand science do not lack anything, former Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, who is now a BJP MP, claimed on Wednesday that an ancient sage, Kanad, who is believed to have lived around the 2nd century BC, had conducted a nuclear test during his time.

Nishank also echoed Prime MinisterNarendra Modis earlier remarks citing plastic surgery and genetic science to explain the creation of Lord Ganesh and Karna respectively.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambi View Post
    Indian sage Kanad conducted nuke test lakhs of years ago: BJP MP

http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...-in-lok-sabha/

Emphasising that Indias knowledgeand science do not lack anything, former Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, who is now a BJP MP, claimed on Wednesday that an ancient sage, Kanad, who is believed to have lived around the 2nd century BC, had conducted a nuclear test during his time.

Nishank also echoed Prime MinisterNarendra Modis earlier remarks citing plastic surgery and genetic science to explain the creation of Lord Ganesh and Karna respectively.
    BJP morons.

One on hand, we have Scamgress.

On another, we have this.

Its like the entire BJP is filled with way too many idiots.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I gave up

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    BJP morons.

One on hand, we have Scamgress.

On another, we have this.

Its like the entire BJP is filled with way too many idiots.
    Yet the large majority of Indians today are BJP and Modi fans. I get the feeling this is more to do with wanting to have pride in Indian history rather so we have these silly stories that Elephant god Ganesh was the first recipient of plastic surgery. I don't know why, when Indians can point to their achievements today in the space technology sector rather than reinventing the past to present some previous Hindu nirvana.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Yet the large majority of Indians today are BJP and Modi fans. I get the feeling this is more to do with wanting to have pride in Indian history rather so we have these silly stories that Elephant god Ganesh was the first recipient of plastic surgery. I don't know why, when Indians can point to their achievements today in the space technology sector rather than reinventing the past to present some previous Hindu nirvana.
    Then they will have to praise Nehru

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is wrong. Kanada only gave the atomic theory, did not conduct any tests. Not surprising, ancient indians were really brilliant..aryabhatta, brahmagupta, panini to name a few.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Most Unscientific Thoughts From The India Science Congress

At the 102nd edition of the Indian Science Congress inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January 3 , the pseudoscience was much more prominent. The invited Nobel laureate delegates witnessed some of the craziest claims made by event speakers.

1. India had 40-engine inter-planetary planes

Not one, but 40. And that too planes that skipped from planet to planet.

2. Water autopsies

Were clearly backward for cutting open a dead body for an autopsy. According to these guys, ancient medical science had dead bodies float in water for days, and the swelling would be great for a more accurate report.

3. We made electric batteries thousands of years ago

No we didnt. But some folks say that the ancient text Agastya Samhita mentions how to make one. We wonder why didnt they actually demonstrate a Vedic battery at the event?

4. A magic paste with cow urine (what else) and other stuff

An Engineering applications of ancient Indian botany paper mentioned paste using seeds and roots mixed with cows urine that could be applied to your feet to divine underground water sources.

5. Theres a lot more stuff on pilots and planes too

1. the material you needed to make a plane (where are these planes, by the way?)
    2. What a pilot should eat? The milk of buffalo, cow and sheep.
    3. What a pilot should wear? According to ancient science, something that was virus-proof, water-proof and shock-proof. Which is apparently clothes made out of vegetation grown underwater.
    4. That we hit the skies 8 years before the Wright brothers did. The worlds first pilot? SB Talpade. (Who?)
    5. 25 types of viruses in the atmosphere which attack the human skin, bones and the whole body. (So clearly skydiving was impossible without dying of infection!)
    6. Radar technology known as rooparkanrahasya

[/B]6. A bacteria that turns food into gold. Not poop, gold[/B]

And guess which animal? The cow!

7. Star Wars literally happened

Everything that we saw on Sunday morning Mahabharata literally happened. And, one of those crazy Vedic plans actually flew to Mars, where now theres a helmet lying as evidence.
    "If you don't believe me, will you believe the National Aeronautics and Space Association (NASA) of the USA? If you search on Google for 'helmet on Mars', it will tell you that even NASA has found this helmet on Mars and it will give you evidence for it." Is what a molecular biology professor told Scoll.in

8. Sugar sealed Lord Ganesha's elephant head to his human torso

Yup, sugar. Not stitches. Not skin transplants. But the stuff that goes in your chai.

http://www.indiatimes.com/news/india...ss-229225.html

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't get how these statements are supposed to help the nation or the religion? Is it supposed to encourage kids towards science? Then wouldn't showing the current scientific achievements be more effective? Even if all these was true, it would be more shameful that we lost all of that and are now dependent on other more technologically advanced countries. Living in past glory has never helped any nation achieve anything. It usually has an opposite effect of a false sense of achievement and is generally used by people/countries who don't have much to show currently. Human kind only progresses by looking forward and doing new and different things.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Education is different.

Science and religion are competing with each other, both are tools to help us discover unknown. One uses evidence other uses fear to convince our rational mind.

Most people even the educated ones are still fearful that's why they never completely come out of closet, not to mention in group social pressure, that keeps religion live longer that it sell by date!!

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indians are better off by sticking to what they have been doing( like Mars mission). Talking about stupidity of genetic science being present in religious or ancient scriptures will take Indians backward.

If you start goring down this path where ancient scriptures are used for making ridiculous claims then you are fooling gullible folks.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is wrong. Kanada only gave the atomic theory, did not conduct any tests. Not surprising, ancient indians were really brilliant..aryabhatta, brahmagupta, panini to name a few.
    Oh really??

Role of accident Indians scientists is greatly exaggerated by fundamentalist.

I am not sure if method of learning was not very scientific, people use to memorize Vedas from generation to generation word by word like a holy scripture and it took many generations before it was written down. Excepting advance experiments and tech building in such civilization is more like pipe dream, fundamentalists very poor (embarrassing) attempt to put their leg up.

Like many religions, ND prophecies people go out of there way to prove them true after the fact rather the before hand.

If Vedas were so great, pundits would have come up with modern science before the scientists in west!!

Btw: Astronomy and Najum is not science, it's a conman business, just **!!

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    Oh really??

Role of accident Indians scientists is greatly exaggerated by fundamentalist.

I am not sure if method of learning was not very scientific, people use to memorize Vedas from generation to generation word by word like a holy scripture and it took many generations before it was written down. Excepting advance experiments and tech building in such civilization is more like pipe dream, fundamentalists very poor (embarrassing) attempt to put their leg up.

Like many religions, ND prophecies people go out of there way to prove them true after the fact rather the before hand.

If Vedas were so great, pundits would have come up with modern science before the scientists in west!!

Btw: Astronomy and Najum is not science, it's a conman business, just **!!

I don't know why you quoted me when I didn't even talk of Vedas. I am not a fan of vedas and don't waste my time reading ancient knowledge, because all ancient knowledge is primitive for todays age.
    My point is that there were genuine contributions by ancient indians like aryabhatta, panini and brahmagupta (al khwarizmi built on his work and acknowledged it).

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know why you quoted me when I didn't even talk of Vedas. I am not a fan of vedas and don't waste my time reading ancient knowledge, because all ancient knowledge is primitive for todays age.
    My point is that there were genuine contributions by ancient indians like aryabhatta, panini and brahmagupta (al khwarizmi built on his work and acknowledged it).
    The reason I quoted you because you seemed not surprised the Nuclear test, plastic surgery like advance science and tech could have happened in that time.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    The reason I quoted you because you seemed not surprised the Nuclear test, plastic surgery like advance science and tech could have happened in that time.

No, I was not surprised that Kanada gave the theory of matter being composed of indivisible molecules. Which is what I will tell a Kid if I have to explain atomic theory in a single line.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indians knew smallpox inoculation before Jenner invented vaccine: Vardhan
    Union Science and Technology Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan on Sunday claimed that modern medicine originated in India and that Indians had practised inoculation against small pox even before the vaccine for the disease was invented by Edward Jenner.

Dr. Vardhan, who is himself an ENT surgeon, said that most of what is taken to be modern medicine had come back to India through the American route after being first translated into Arabic and Persian in 9 AD and, from that, into the European languages in the 17th century.

The minister claimed that India had known immunisation against small pox even before Edward Jenner invented the vaccine for the same in 1798.

All of us know that Edward Jenner was the man who invented the vaccination for small pox, but our Vedas will tell that the Hindus and Mohammedans of this country had done small pox inoculations hundreds of years before the vaccine was invented. So, its not about boasting, but the facts will all remain facts, he said.

The minister further said that even before the Hippocratic Oath begun to be administered to medical professionals, Sushruta and Ashwini, the surgeons of ancient India, told people to practise the same.

Much before the Hippocratic Path was given to people in the field of medicine, our people here... whether it was Sushruta or Ashwini or others, they had talked about the oath where they had said that medical people should act with compassion... should not practise for gaining money or things like that. Sushruta and all great surgeons taught to the whole world plastic surgery of nose, the minister said.
    http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle6924679.ece

And this gem from the West Bengal CM.

'Swine Flu Caused by Mosquito Bite,' Says Mamata Banerjee
    Kolkata: At a time the country is fighting to check the rise of swine flu cases, Mamata Banerjee, the chief minister of Bengal, has said that the disease "mostly happens from mosquito bites."

The comments may alarm health experts who say lack of awareness is a major contributor to the spread of the disease.

"For swine flu we are taking all action, we have even kept ready isolated beds, for action as you all know it is nowadays a free earth, all human beings are travelling from here to there, it mostly happens from mosquito bites and various other reasons, to heal the disease is not possible for me, but to get it nicely treated is our duty on humanitarian grounds..." Mamata Banerjee said at a press conference today.

Over 670 people have died of swine flu and at least 10,000 cases have been reported in the country.

191 people have died in Rajasthan, 155 in Gujarat and 90 in Madhya Pradesh, the three worst-hit states.

Swine flu, originally transmitted from pigs to humans, spreads fastest from human to human contact, say doctors.
    http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/swine...anerjee-740796

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Mumbai/Indianapolis
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it kinda was. Dogs never existed until very recently (relative scale) , we as humans artificially selected wolves and domesticated them to make a new species(same goes for Cows, pigs etc).

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What the hell is the point of our ancestors having some knowledge when today, while we sing songs of our ancestors, the current generation of westerners have left us behind in every sphere of science and medicine. Time to stop living in the past. Only people who live in the past are the ones who don't have a present or a future

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    More 'science' lessons from Indian politicians.

AHMEDABAD:
    Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today equated the rockets developed by ISRO with the arrows of Hindu deity Lord Ram, and credited him for his "engineering skills" for building the mythological 'Ram Setu' between India and Sri Lanka.

"Each arrow of Lord Ram was a rocket. What ISRO is doing right now (launching rockets), Lord Ram used to launch in those days," the chief minister said while addressing the first convocation ceremony of the Institute of Infrastructure Technology Research and Management(IITRAM), located in Maninagar area in Ahmedabad, yesterday.

Further invoking the Hindu deity, he said: "If we link infrastructure with Lord Ram, imagine what kind of engineers he had at that time to build that Ram Setu bridge between India and Sri Lanka. Even squirrels contributed in building that bridge. It was Lord Ram's imagination which was realised by the engineers of that era".

Tapan Misra, Director of the Indian Space Research Organisation's Space Application Centre here, was also present at the event. IITRAM is an autonomous university established by the Gujarat government.

The BJP leader went on to pick more examples from the mythological text to connect to the modern era. "When Lord Hanuman could not pick up the right herb which can cure Lakshman, he brought the entire mountain. We wonder what kind of technology existed back then which facilitated the shifting of the mountain. This is also a story of infrastructure development," he said.

Besides weapons and infrastructure, Lord Ram also engaged in "social engineering", he said. "Not just developing weapons and infrastructure, Lord Ram also did social engineering. He brought people from all castes and communities together. By eating berries offered by Shabri, he won trust of adivasis (tribals). Imagine bringing together Sugreev, Hanuman and the army of monkeys, it was social engineering by Lord Ram."
    http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/rams-...-lateststories
    Last edited by Gabbar Singh; 28th August 2017 at 00:32.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Here’s another crackpot minister.

http://m.ndtv.com/india-news/wright-...ome-topstories
    Blinded by overt nationalism and making baseless statements like circus clowns.

But again, BJP has been feeding people to be proud of being Indian to the extent that they are even brain washing kids by twisting scientific achievements of the West. Clueless fools.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Queen is Indian!

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    more or less silly as people who think Moses parted a sea or Jesus turned water into wine

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    The Queen is Indian!

That's what I love about British Indians, they don't take themselves too seriously. Hilarious.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Keep the Kool-Aid flowing!

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Columbia University says Plastic surgery existed in 6th century BC India.

http://columbiasurgery.org/news/2015...lastic-surgery