Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    True, he has been behaving like a retired fighter with all the holidays and extensive charity work. Probably munches a lot to in places like Akbars getting Lamb karahi and what not lol people call him chinny but guys who are called that get tagged more on on the chin compared to others which points to a defence issue, but sometimes you can get away with that if your fitness and strength/conditioning is supreme as we saw during his run at 140lb and fights at 147 leading up to Alexander. There been times where he has lived that life but not enough, Virgil has been happy for him to take this fight though I wonder what he has in mind lol
    Khan put a video up recently on social media where he is hitting the pads, even there he is upright off balance with his back foot not planted but on his toes
    So when ever some one punches with him he is gonna be all over the place hence that dance he does.
    Im surprised he hasnt worked on that.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    Khan put a video up recently on social media where he is hitting the pads, even there he is upright off balance with his back foot not planted but on his toes
    So when ever some one punches with him he is gonna be all over the place hence that dance he does.
    Im surprised he hasnt worked on that.
    Generally, boxers who rely on that in and out style where they use a fair bit of lateral movement will typically be on their toes; they will throw a quick combination and then being in that position with your rear foot makes it easier to move away as you move your toe in the direction you want to be and also spring off the ground right into a punch.

But his main problem has been that when he does that often he keeps his hands very low. But if you look at his biggest knockout defeats they often come when he is in the pocket too long or getting greedy, fighters in the past know it's not easy to time him so you need to be punching with him. But in his last fight he got dropped regardless of that which is a big red flag and then towards the end of the fight made the same old mistake of keeping his hands down as he moved away on his toes and got caught.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally, boxers who rely on that in and out style where they use a fair bit of lateral movement will typically be on their toes; they will throw a quick combination and then being in that position with your rear foot makes it easier to move away as you move your toe in the direction you want to be and also spring off the ground right into a punch.

But his main problem has been that when he does that often he keeps his hands very low. But if you look at his biggest knockout defeats they often come when he is in the pocket too long or getting greedy, fighters in the past know it's not easy to time him so you need to be punching with him. But in his last fight he got dropped regardless of that which is a big red flag and then towards the end of the fight made the same old mistake of keeping his hands down as he moved away on his toes and got caught.
    Another problem is he doesn't plant his feet when he punches so no one respects his power.
    He definitely needs to work on his stamina against Crawford and sit down more on his punches other wise it could be an early night for him.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Another problem is he doesn't plant his feet when he punches so no one respects his power.
    He definitely needs to work on his stamina against Crawford and sit down more on his punches other wise it could be an early night for him.
    That's a good point, he did sit on his punches more at 140; but the thing is, you tell him to do that and there will be more defensive lapses. Joe Goosen was working on correcting this issue but as we saw in his last 2 fights while the intent and power were great to see his defence was all over the place. Did you watch Thurman / Lopez ? Thurman was coming off a long lay off, dropped Lopez and looked amazing for the first 6 rounds but then was rocked in the 7th and on the verge of being stopped but managed to survive, from then on Lopez had some very good moments but Thurman had done enough by then to win on points. Amir had a similar performance against Vargas and sky were literally ripping him throughout the 12 rounds lol didn't get the logic because he was a guy they were meant to be promoting to.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good point, he did sit on his punches more at 140; but the thing is, you tell him to do that and there will be more defensive lapses. Joe Goosen was working on correcting this issue but as we saw in his last 2 fights while the intent and power were great to see his defence was all over the place. Did you watch Thurman / Lopez ? Thurman was coming off a long lay off, dropped Lopez and looked amazing for the first 6 rounds but then was rocked in the 7th and on the verge of being stopped but managed to survive, from then on Lopez had some very good moments but Thurman had done enough by then to win on points. Amir had a similar performance against Vargas and sky were literally ripping him throughout the 12 rounds lol didn't get the logic because he was a guy they were meant to be promoting to.
    Yh just caught the fight. Vargas looked like he punched himself out. As for Thurman I feel Spence and Crawford should be able to take him.

As for Sky yes I can't stand there commentary, it was Froch mostly to be fair to him he was saying similar stuff about Kell in his last fight. Though wasn't as harsh.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Yh just caught the fight. Vargas looked like he punched himself out. As for Thurman I feel Spence and Crawford should be able to take him.

As for Sky yes I can't stand there commentary, it was Froch mostly to be fair to him he was saying similar stuff about Kell in his last fight. Though wasn't as harsh.
    Thurman called out Manny as well, that would be a great fight to see this year. He was coming off a long lay off so I think with another few camps behind him he could beat Spence. But I can't see anyone beating Crawford at 147 for sure, styles can make fights however and Manny could cause him major issues going by his performance against Broner; boxers hate being in the ring with fighters who are quick and Manny still has speed and his work rate is freakish even now.

Froch has been liking EDL tweets on twitter lol he's a dodgy character but still one of my favourites. He has been feuding with Khan for like forever now out of envy and pettiness. Kell's performance was a lot worse then Amir's in their last fights, Amir did ok outside a couple of huge scares and it was his first 12 rounder I think in 4 years

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thurman called out Manny as well, that would be a great fight to see this year. He was coming off a long lay off so I think with another few camps behind him he could beat Spence. But I can't see anyone beating Crawford at 147 for sure, styles can make fights however and Manny could cause him major issues going by his performance against Broner; boxers hate being in the ring with fighters who are quick and Manny still has speed and his work rate is freakish even now.

Froch has been liking EDL tweets on twitter lol he's a dodgy character but still one of my favourites. He has been feuding with Khan for like forever now out of envy and pettiness. Kell's performance was a lot worse then Amir's in their last fights, Amir did ok outside a couple of huge scares and it was his first 12 rounder I think in 4 years
    Another good nights boxing on ITV. I was a little dissapointed with Thurman esp after knocking his opponent down early but he was a willing figther who came to win. The layoff certainly didn't hlep him but I felt he moved around too much instead of using his boxing skills in a stable position to inflict damage. On the plus side he showed he can take some serious shots and recover quickly.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frochs brother Lee was allegedly very racist to George Groves wife on Twitter too so Im not surprised.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Another good nights boxing on ITV. I was a little dissapointed with Thurman esp after knocking his opponent down early but he was a willing figther who came to win. The layoff certainly didn't hlep him but I felt he moved around too much instead of using his boxing skills in a stable position to inflict damage. On the plus side he showed he can take some serious shots and recover quickly.
    Thurman looked amazing for the first 6 rounds but when you're coming of a long lay off then you're going to really feel the pace and you're muscles are not use to taking the punches regardless of how much sparring you do. Thurman was one blow away from being knocked out, in the post fight interview he said that many think his One Time nickname is due to the power but for him it had always been an oxymoron in that it was more of a reminder for him personally that any mistake in the ring would be costly in that all it takes is One shot and it would be all over. Very articulate man, he studies a great of philosophy and is an avid historical reader. Thurman has relied a lot on lateral movement in the championship phase of his career, it has been a style adjustment; against opponents like Lopez you're right he could show more intent though but this defensive approach will benefit him a great deal in world title bouts combined with his combinations / power when moving in/out keeping you off with his stiff jab. He reportedly wants to face Manny this year, both are advised by Al Haymon and it could happen, great fight.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Frochs brother Lee was allegedly very racist to George Groves wife on Twitter too so Im not surprised.
    I've also heard his early fan base was mostly EDL supporters from Nottingham

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check this out guys:

Awesome interview @KingKhanWC @TQ89
    Great interview man. I always love watching both tyson's (mike & fury) speak more than any other boxer/fighter.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Sensational performance from Kovalev in his rematch with Alvarez, the KO humbled him a great deal, he changed trainers and Buddy had him go back to his routes of the amateurs days when he relied a great deal on angles and lateral movement but to maintain a style like that you need impressive fitness, lets be honest Kovalev is no spring chicken but he was able to maintain a very impressive work rate throughout the fight and the movement, feints and angle were all fantastic, he relied more on speed/accuracy by not loading up on his punches and picked his spots expertly. It was a boxing master-class, the key was also his training camp; at his age you need to be careful not to over work yourself and train smarter.

But what a comeback, I doubted his heart and courage; I will admit that after his losses to Ward but he proved me wrong in that regard more then anything else so fair play to him @KingKhanWC as fighters rarely are able to bounce back from KO defeats. But, it's a very packed division, can he unify ? either way, LHW division is one to keep an eye on

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sensational performance from Kovalev in his rematch with Alvarez, the KO humbled him a great deal, he changed trainers and Buddy had him go back to his routes of the amateurs days when he relied a great deal on angles and lateral movement but to maintain a style like that you need impressive fitness, lets be honest Kovalev is no spring chicken but he was able to maintain a very impressive work rate throughout the fight and the movement, feints and angle were all fantastic, he relied more on speed/accuracy by not loading up on his punches and picked his spots expertly. It was a boxing master-class, the key was also his training camp; at his age you need to be careful not to over work yourself and train smarter.

But what a comeback, I doubted his heart and courage; I will admit that after his losses to Ward but he proved me wrong in that regard more then anything else so fair play to him @KingKhanWC as fighters rarely are able to bounce back from KO defeats. But, it's a very packed division, can he unify ? either way, LHW division is one to keep an eye on
    I haven't watched this yet but I was thinking the same , he looked lacking in stamina, fitness and work rate but you mentioned he was on his game this time. Was Alvarez below par or Kov just too good this time?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I haven't watched this yet but I was thinking the same , he looked lacking in stamina, fitness and work rate but you mentioned he was on his game this time. Was Alvarez below par or Kov just too good this time?
    Kovalev was just too good, he explained that in his last fight he knew that if he didn't knock him out in 4 rounds he was going to lose and he had over-trained, this is what his old mentor had him do, they've been having Kovalev go through camps as if he is still 25 over the past 3-4 years which explains the stamina issues he has experienced. But for this fight, he trained a lot smarter and ensured there was enough gas left for the fight and he didn't look like slowing down despite his very very impressive work rate.

Alvarez was still dangerous with his right hand and tagged Kovalev infrequently but Kovalev took the shots well and just systematically broke Alvarez down in every way with his Boxing ability, sometimes when you're running through everyone with your power it can get to your head and you forget to use tools which helped you along the way in the first place, in this fight it was about back to basics and setting up his offence using his Jab extensively which is never easy to get under when he is moving laterally as well and keeping you off balance with his feints.

Alvarez is no mug at all but Kovalev just had his number here to the point where you wouldn't want to see a rematch either, make sure you check it out if you get the chance:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x71r79q

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Anthony Joshua will fight in the US for the first time when he defends his IBF, WBA and WBO world heavyweight titles against Jarrell Miller on 1 June.

Joshua, 29, will take on Miller at Madison Square Garden in the undefeated American's home city of New York.

Miller, with 23 wins and a draw, has never fought for a world title.

The 30-year-old will almost certainly be the heaviest opponent Joshua has faced as a professional having weighed 22st 7lbs in his last contest.

That is almost five stone heavier than what Joshua weighed in at ahead of his victory over Alexander Povetkin in September.

Miller - nicknamed 'Big Baby' - won 20 of his fights by knockout but Joshua represents a huge step-up in class.

Joshua said: "I am heading to the Big Apple and I plan to embrace the culture and leave with an appetite for more.

"It has been an honour and a blessing to fight at some of the best venues in the world and at home in the UK, not least Wembley Stadium, but the time has come to head across the Atlantic and defend my heavyweight titles in the USA.

"I am looking forward to taking on another challenge with a good boxer and a brilliant talker. It will be an exciting fight. I will leave nothing to chance and plan on dismantling Miller in style to make my mark."

Miller made his debut in a bout at a restaurant 10 years ago and, while he has wins over the likes of compatriot Gerald Washington and Poland's Mariusz Wach to his name, most UK sports fans will probably know little of his career.

Joshua has been left with few options given fellow Briton Tyson Fury and WBC champion Deontay Wilder are set for a rematch, while Dillian Whyte has openly criticised the financial offer Joshua's team presented him with for a 13 April bout.

Joshua had Wembley Stadium booked for the date where he had hoped to face Wilder, but has scrapped the booking in favour of a US debut.

"Things happen, boxing politics," he said. "We had to branch out and look for other options."

A contest in the US has been seen by Joshua's advisers as a chance to enhance his global appeal.

Britain's Lennox Lewis boxed at Madison Square Garden three times, while greats such as Muhammad Ali, Evander Holyfield and Sugar Ray Robinson have also competed there.

There will undoubtedly be criticism of the move, given the public clamour for him to face Fury or Wilder in a bout that would unify all four belts.

Negotiations have repeatedly failed with Wilder, while the offers sent to both Fury and Whyte were deemed insufficient.

Wilder and Fury are now set for a rematch following their 1 December draw, while Whyte will fight in the UK in April or May.

Miller was not even listed by Joshua when he asked fans to vote on his next move in September, when 53% of respondents wanted a Wilder fixture and 42% called for Fury.

But the American - who has clashed with Joshua at a news conference before - can at least be expected to provide memorable sound bites when promoting the fight and give Joshua chance to increase his profile in the lucrative US pay-per-view market.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/47115889

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Anthony Joshua will fight in the US for the first time when he defends his IBF, WBA and WBO world heavyweight titles against Jarrell Miller on 1 June.

Joshua, 29, will take on Miller at Madison Square Garden in the undefeated American's home city of New York.

Miller, with 23 wins and a draw, has never fought for a world title.

The 30-year-old will almost certainly be the heaviest opponent Joshua has faced as a professional having weighed 22st 7lbs in his last contest.

That is almost five stone heavier than what Joshua weighed in at ahead of his victory over Alexander Povetkin in September.

Miller - nicknamed 'Big Baby' - won 20 of his fights by knockout but Joshua represents a huge step-up in class.

Joshua said: "I am heading to the Big Apple and I plan to embrace the culture and leave with an appetite for more.

"It has been an honour and a blessing to fight at some of the best venues in the world and at home in the UK, not least Wembley Stadium, but the time has come to head across the Atlantic and defend my heavyweight titles in the USA.

"I am looking forward to taking on another challenge with a good boxer and a brilliant talker. It will be an exciting fight. I will leave nothing to chance and plan on dismantling Miller in style to make my mark."

Miller made his debut in a bout at a restaurant 10 years ago and, while he has wins over the likes of compatriot Gerald Washington and Poland's Mariusz Wach to his name, most UK sports fans will probably know little of his career.

Joshua has been left with few options given fellow Briton Tyson Fury and WBC champion Deontay Wilder are set for a rematch, while Dillian Whyte has openly criticised the financial offer Joshua's team presented him with for a 13 April bout.

Joshua had Wembley Stadium booked for the date where he had hoped to face Wilder, but has scrapped the booking in favour of a US debut.

"Things happen, boxing politics," he said. "We had to branch out and look for other options."

A contest in the US has been seen by Joshua's advisers as a chance to enhance his global appeal.

Britain's Lennox Lewis boxed at Madison Square Garden three times, while greats such as Muhammad Ali, Evander Holyfield and Sugar Ray Robinson have also competed there.

There will undoubtedly be criticism of the move, given the public clamour for him to face Fury or Wilder in a bout that would unify all four belts.

Negotiations have repeatedly failed with Wilder, while the offers sent to both Fury and Whyte were deemed insufficient.

Wilder and Fury are now set for a rematch following their 1 December draw, while Whyte will fight in the UK in April or May.

Miller was not even listed by Joshua when he asked fans to vote on his next move in September, when 53% of respondents wanted a Wilder fixture and 42% called for Fury.

But the American - who has clashed with Joshua at a news conference before - can at least be expected to provide memorable sound bites when promoting the fight and give Joshua chance to increase his profile in the lucrative US pay-per-view market.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/47115889
    Not a terrible fight with Fury/Wilder busy, but Dillian Whyte deserved the world title shot. Matchroom have been meticulous in their matchmaking, face Miller when people want to see the Whyte fight and then later in the year make AJ/Dilian and say well you all wanted to see this even though Fury/Wilder winner will be free at that time. So AJ gets to sneak in another big pay day at a lower risk considering he remains unbeaten before taking a plunge against Wilder or possibly Fury.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is epic

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The swag was unique, makes Chris Gayle look a like an elderly woman.

Had the mouth and the fists to back up his mouth. ATG.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    The swag was unique, makes Chris Gayle look a like an elderly woman.

Had the mouth and the fists to back up his mouth. ATG.
    There will always be one Prince, the greatest we ever produced in my view although he has strong competition from Pep and Turpin (he inflicted Sugar Ray Robinson's second defeat in 1951, at the time Robinson was 129-1 lol and Turpin was announced on radio as being very inexperienced despite having fought 40 times aha it just shows you what the sport was like back then, on another level).

Even after all those years, no one has been able to capture the magic of the Prince and he still missed even in North America

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @shaz619

Tyson Fury signs ESPN fight deal worth reported 80m
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/47280228

Good to see ESPN have recognised what a superstar Fury is and fully deserved.

Also good to Adonis Stevenson on his way to recovery.

Name:  Adonis.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  68.2 KB