Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/50002861

Best wishes for a speedy recovery champ!

I hope he is able to fight again, such a great boxer.
    I hope he recovers, terrible news; I think Spence is a great guy with the right mindset but question his circle of friends big time, doesn't need to be around bums like Broner among others, they are a negative influence

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    I hope he recovers, terrible news; I think Spence is a great guy with the right mindset but question his circle of friends big time, doesn't need to be around bums like Broner among others, they are a negative influence
    Every boxer should learn from the life of Iron Mike.

Seems he will be ok but I hope he boxes again, we need to see such rare talents in the ring.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @shaz619

I viewed the Hagler-Leonard fight and can honestly say, Leonard wins.

Haggler lost in the first four rounds by coming out orthodox.

His only weakness was his insecurity and Leonard exploited it by planting the seed of “Hagler does not receive the credit he is due as a boxer” during the press conferences and Hagler bought it saying “I might outbox him” at the last press conference.

Hagler often let his opponents set the pace of the match and let the myth surrounding his opponents get the better of him. Examples include Duran (fighting on the inside) and Leonard (orthodox stance).

The only time he didn’t was against Hearns because he got underneath his skin.

Nonetheless, Marvelous Marvin Hagler was the best out of the Fab 4 for me.

What a fight Hagler v. Monzon would have been!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wont be another Prince Naz but looks a good talent.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    @shaz619

I viewed the Hagler-Leonard fight and can honestly say, Leonard wins.

Haggler lost in the first four rounds by coming out orthodox.

His only weakness was his insecurity and Leonard exploited it by planting the seed of “Hagler does not receive the credit he is due as a boxer” during the press conferences and Hagler bought it saying “I might outbox him” at the last press conference.

Hagler often let his opponents set the pace of the match and let the myth surrounding his opponents get the better of him. Examples include Duran (fighting on the inside) and Leonard (orthodox stance).

The only time he didn’t was against Hearns because he got underneath his skin.

Nonetheless, Marvelous Marvin Hagler was the best out of the Fab 4 for me.

What a fight Hagler v. Monzon would have been!
    You've given me a reason to check it out once more! but looking back I also leaned towards Leonard. Arguably the most polarising fight ever and both fighters had extremely loyal fan bases who would never see another way. I can't disagree with the sentiment that any success Leonard had in that fight was going to be a big deal in the eyes of judges as it was a David v Goliath scenario with Leonard having been inactive and also rumoured to have been seriously hurt by much bigger sparring partners. It took Hagler a while to find his range and Leonard was excellent with his speed, movement and durability especially in the championship rounds he still had his legs under him

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Wont be another Prince Naz but looks a good talent.

The maverick has quite the following already especially around the midlands area! I went to see him against Hernandez in stoke! in the amateurs he was in the top 2/3 seeds at bantamweight consistently and considered to be a top prospect for Tokyo having a terrific season in 2017, however due to politics and advise from those in the game around him he decided to turn pro last year. He is trained by Asgy who you may know from Team Fury, Asgy is also based in the midlands so it helps just expanding his initial fan-base; the guy has always had that natural flare and boxing pedigree, Asgy is a great trainer and fantastic guy to emphasise his strengths / polish his tool-set, Shabaz has a similar style to BJS and being around him / team fury it will emphasise the importance of showing a high in-ring IQ and constantly developing it.

He is in good hands and has a decent head on his shoulders, good people around him which is the most important thing! Naz is one of a kind! there will never be another! but nice to see a prospect like this come through.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've given me a reason to check it out once more! but looking back I also leaned towards Leonard. Arguably the most polarising fight ever and both fighters had extremely loyal fan bases who would never see another way. I can't disagree with the sentiment that any success Leonard had in that fight was going to be a big deal in the eyes of judges as it was a David v Goliath scenario with Leonard having been inactive and also rumoured to have been seriously hurt by much bigger sparring partners. It took Hagler a while to find his range and Leonard was excellent with his speed, movement and durability especially in the championship rounds he still had his legs under him
    Yes; Leonard essentially displayed an illusion of speed and finesse against Hagler without ever hurting him.

But by simply appearing more competitive than everyone thought he would be, he won the hearts of the judges and audience.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The maverick has quite the following already especially around the midlands area! I went to see him against Hernandez in stoke! in the amateurs he was in the top 2/3 seeds at bantamweight consistently and considered to be a top prospect for Tokyo having a terrific season in 2017, however due to politics and advise from those in the game around him he decided to turn pro last year. He is trained by Asgy who you may know from Team Fury, Asgy is also based in the midlands so it helps just expanding his initial fan-base; the guy has always had that natural flare and boxing pedigree, Asgy is a great trainer and fantastic guy to emphasise his strengths / polish his tool-set, Shabaz has a similar style to BJS and being around him / team fury it will emphasise the importance of showing a high in-ring IQ and constantly developing it.

He is in good hands and has a decent head on his shoulders, good people around him which is the most important thing! Naz is one of a kind! there will never be another! but nice to see a prospect like this come through.
    Interesting thanks! With such a style you have to very disciplined, Naz wasn't so much but as you said he was a one of a kind. Best of luck to the lad, hope he does well.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Josh Taylor beat Regis Prograis on points to become the unified IBF and WBA super-lightweight champion and win the World Super Series in London.

The Scot, 28, earned a riveting, see-sawing victory, with judges scoring it 114-114, 115-113, 117-112.

Prograis was composed in the early skirmishes but Taylor grew into the contest and landed telling blows in the eighth, ninth and 10th, before two fiercely-contested final rounds.

Taylor remains undefeated in 16 bouts.

He inflicted his American opponent's first loss in 25 fights en route to the Muhammad Ali Trophy, while also claiming the WBC Diamond and Ring Magazine belts.

With his right eye swollen shut, Taylor devoted the O2 Arena victory to his late father in law, who died last month.

"He was here with us tonight and I want to dedicate this to him," he told Sky Sports.

"What a fight. All respect to Regis Prograis, a great fight, great champion, but the best man won.

"The free-flowing boxing, the inside work, I don't think he quite expected I could switch it up and go to range quite as quickly."

The fight was a mouth-watering prospect for boxing fans - two undefeated world champions, a spot of needle in the build-up and no fewer than five belts up for grabs in a packed stadium as the two southpaws prepared to battle.

Taylor, four years a pro, spoke of his speed, reactions and timing being his greatest assets: all were tested in a thriller.

He held the advantage in height and reach and was the man on the front foot as the Houston-based WBA champion relied on his head movement to evade Taylor's barrage before countering with both fists.

There was danger everywhere - and from both fighters. Crunching body shots, uppercuts that began as far south as Louisiana, head-popping jabs, fists flying at close range and big overhead lefts.

By the mid-point of the scheduled 12 rounds, there was little between the fighters but the momentum seemed to be moving in favour of the Tartan Tornado, two years younger than Prograis.

But the American, evoking memories of Terence Crawford coming to the UK to take home Ricky Burns' WBO lightweight title in 2014, remained lively if increasingly ragged.

Taylor's right eye was swollen by round eight as the two world-class talents traded blows before Taylor stepped up his work-rate in the ninth with shots to the body and head of his resourceful foe.

In the hardest fight of their respective careers, the result was in the balance. Another strong round for Taylor in the 10th would have demoralised a lesser opponent but not Prograis - he traded body blows, landed a cracking uppercut on the taller Scot and soaked up heavy shots.

Prograis was back to his cocky, stylish best with three minutes remaining, Taylor replying with his own form of artistry to rouse the crowd once more as the final bell sounded.

The one judge which gave the win by five rounds, I'm not sure what that was on about, but the other two scores were fair. Taylor found a new energy and I think Prograis let him into the fight.

BBC Radio 5 live boxing pundit Steve Bunce

What an outcome. What an hour it was to be there ringside. Prograis half made out he won the fight. The last two rounds it was a difficult 10-9 to put down.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/50196845

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Josh Taylor beat Regis Prograis on points to become the unified IBF and WBA super-lightweight champion and win the World Super Series in London.

The Scot, 28, earned a riveting, see-sawing victory, with judges scoring it 114-114, 115-113, 117-112.

Prograis was composed in the early skirmishes but Taylor grew into the contest and landed telling blows in the eighth, ninth and 10th, before two fiercely-contested final rounds.

Taylor remains undefeated in 16 bouts.

He inflicted his American opponent's first loss in 25 fights en route to the Muhammad Ali Trophy, while also claiming the WBC Diamond and Ring Magazine belts.

With his right eye swollen shut, Taylor devoted the O2 Arena victory to his late father in law, who died last month.

"He was here with us tonight and I want to dedicate this to him," he told Sky Sports.

"What a fight. All respect to Regis Prograis, a great fight, great champion, but the best man won.

"The free-flowing boxing, the inside work, I don't think he quite expected I could switch it up and go to range quite as quickly."

The fight was a mouth-watering prospect for boxing fans - two undefeated world champions, a spot of needle in the build-up and no fewer than five belts up for grabs in a packed stadium as the two southpaws prepared to battle.

Taylor, four years a pro, spoke of his speed, reactions and timing being his greatest assets: all were tested in a thriller.

He held the advantage in height and reach and was the man on the front foot as the Houston-based WBA champion relied on his head movement to evade Taylor's barrage before countering with both fists.

There was danger everywhere - and from both fighters. Crunching body shots, uppercuts that began as far south as Louisiana, head-popping jabs, fists flying at close range and big overhead lefts.

By the mid-point of the scheduled 12 rounds, there was little between the fighters but the momentum seemed to be moving in favour of the Tartan Tornado, two years younger than Prograis.

But the American, evoking memories of Terence Crawford coming to the UK to take home Ricky Burns' WBO lightweight title in 2014, remained lively if increasingly ragged.

Taylor's right eye was swollen by round eight as the two world-class talents traded blows before Taylor stepped up his work-rate in the ninth with shots to the body and head of his resourceful foe.

In the hardest fight of their respective careers, the result was in the balance. Another strong round for Taylor in the 10th would have demoralised a lesser opponent but not Prograis - he traded body blows, landed a cracking uppercut on the taller Scot and soaked up heavy shots.

Prograis was back to his cocky, stylish best with three minutes remaining, Taylor replying with his own form of artistry to rouse the crowd once more as the final bell sounded.

The one judge which gave the win by five rounds, I'm not sure what that was on about, but the other two scores were fair. Taylor found a new energy and I think Prograis let him into the fight.

BBC Radio 5 live boxing pundit Steve Bunce

What an outcome. What an hour it was to be there ringside. Prograis half made out he won the fight. The last two rounds it was a difficult 10-9 to put down.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/50196845
    Terrific fight, one of the best this year; very technical, both fighters bought their A game and did the final justice.

Two very technical southpaws with similar styles, Taylor had the better footwork while Prograis the better jab; Taylor used his outstanding natural ability / movement to start fast / land telling blows in the first half landing power shots to the head / body ; Prograis was very stubborn with his jab, both fighters landed great body shots but there seemed to be more of a malice behind Taylor's shots. As the rounds went on, Taylor did slow down expectedly but his grit / toughness was vital in weathering the storm when Prograis came on strong towards the end, he got Taylor to walk on to his shots by changing his tactics from fighting at mid range to using his back foot more, the early work with the Jab also begun to pay off as a nasty cut to Taylor's right eye affected his vision.

I had Taylor up by 2 points, would love to see a rematch; it was close but Josh did more then enough for me, I feel he makes things a bit too difficult for himself, it's in the blood, Scottish just love a tear up but he has so much natural ability and sound fundamentals which he needs to be consistent with, it would make bouts more boring but he could win a lot more compatibly with straight shots, it's the inexperience and I say that because he is not the complete fighter just yet which is scary considering his achievements so far. Overall he deserved to win for landing the more telling blows predominately while Prograis had a great work rate and excellent final 1/4, two elite 140 pounder's at their best.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

Tyson Fury and Aquaman!

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taylor really looked like the real deal last night against a top quality opponent. All that remains for him at 140 is Ramirez (possibly Mikey but Ill ignore him till he beats a top light welter). The way the Americans go about their business, I am not sure how soon that fight can be made and I hope Taylor presses on in his prime, meaning he should go up to 147. The lad is about 5'10'' and would be even stronger at welterweight. I think a fight against the likes of Danny Garcia would show us if he is ready for the weight then a bout against Crawford would be huge!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Taylor really looked like the real deal last night against a top quality opponent. All that remains for him at 140 is Ramirez (possibly Mikey but Ill ignore him till he beats a top light welter). The way the Americans go about their business, I am not sure how soon that fight can be made and I hope Taylor presses on in his prime, meaning he should go up to 147. The lad is about 5'10'' and would be even stronger at welterweight. I think a fight against the likes of Danny Garcia would show us if he is ready for the weight then a bout against Crawford would be huge!
    I wouldn't jump the gun with Taylor just yet when it comes to moving up etc he has been fast tracked to the top and there's always a pressure these days to go for all the belts fight after fight but he has had just 16 fights and I still feel he isn't at his peak, they could do with a few light touches before unifying and then settle at 140 before considering another jump similar to how they built Crawford, you learn a few tricks along the way as well and I feel Taylor would benefit to, also not good to go from a hard fight into another top fight. He is the real deal for sure and our next big star, best I have ever seen from Scotland and that exposure on FTA would also have benefited him, still can't believe we got the postol fight for free!

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't jump the gun with Taylor just yet when it comes to moving up etc he has been fast tracked to the top and there's always a pressure these days to go for all the belts fight after fight but he has had just 16 fights and I still feel he isn't at his peak, they could do with a few light touches before unifying and then settle at 140 before considering another jump similar to how they built Crawford, you learn a few tricks along the way as well and I feel Taylor would benefit to, also not good to go from a hard fight into another top fight. He is the real deal for sure and our next big star, best I have ever seen from Scotland and that exposure on FTA would also have benefited him, still can't believe we got the postol fight for free!
    No jumping the gun here. The guy is already 28 and only has a few years at the very top level. He has been brought along quickly due to a lengthy amateur career. He should be fighting the best every opportunity he is given. Win or lose, I think he will always give a good account of himself.

Also, not sure what you mean about "a lot of pressure these days to go for all the belts"...so few fighters, champions and professional boxers unify these days it makes us fans rip our hair out. We're potentially going to have 6-8 champs per division now. It is why people are so invested in the likes of GGG, Loma, Usyk and AJ, because these guys made it their mission to unify and are a rarity. Taylor should look to emulate them.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    No jumping the gun here. The guy is already 28 and only has a few years at the very top level. He has been brought along quickly due to a lengthy amateur career. He should be fighting the best every opportunity he is given. Win or lose, I think he will always give a good account of himself.

Also, not sure what you mean about "a lot of pressure these days to go for all the belts"...so few fighters, champions and professional boxers unify these days it makes us fans rip our hair out. We're potentially going to have 6-8 champs per division now. It is why people are so invested in the likes of GGG, Loma, Usyk and AJ, because these guys made it their mission to unify and are a rarity. Taylor should look to emulate them.
    Age in Boxing should be judged more based on your style, number of fights and the nature of those battles, he is 28 but had only 16 battles thus far, and it is only in the last year or so he has begun to challenge himself against the top 10 taking those harder fights. So being 28 isn't an issue for him compared to say a Khan as an example, who at the same age had about 34 fights; the body will be a lot more wound up. Am not again him challenging for other world titles at 140 lb, only that an interim bouts in between could do your development and overall health/longevity the world of good in the long run; there's a saying in the sport you don't go from one hard fight into another or else you're going to have a very short career.

When I say there is that pressure to go for all the belts etc that is the goal for sure, but you need to be sensible to; he just was in a brutal fight against an elite 140 pounder, I wouldn't throw him in there against Ramirez next but that's the pressure which naturally comes from the fans I suppose, but he already holds 2 of the belts including Ring Magazine as well so he could afford a little bit of breathing space, it's not like this bloke just avoids challenges or lets fights marinate etc

But what I mainly disagree with is throwing him in with Garcia or other fighters in the 147 right now, AJ was a HW who had some light touches to get a few alphabet titles, GGG never moved up to take the fight against Andre Ward; he largely beat up journey man at MW outside a few decent names before being tested against the best in Canelo/Jacobs; Usyk is a good example, he has unified but even he isn't necessarily taking on a top 10 contender in his debut at a weight he has never fought in before; and out of all these lot the best example to support your view is Lomachenko, he has moved up and down weight like it's nothing, had an extremely lengthy amateur career but a very high octane pro career thus far, it's insane to think apart from 1-2 fights all his battles thus far have been for world championships; but here's the thing, there is only one Lomachenko.

I'd allow Taylor to make a few defences of his unified world titles, take a bit of pressure of his back and develop his style further because the inexperience still shows, this kid hasn't even peaked yet trust me. Then after making those defences, push for the Ramirez fight the bloke is managed by Bob though, anyways make that fight and if he wins; don't rush his next move and consider a potential to move up to 147, and wouldn't stick him in with someone like Garcia in his debut, besides 147 is so packed there really is no place to hide.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    @barah_admi @KingKhanWC @Amjid Javed @Cpt. Rishwat

Predictions, Canelo or Kovalev ?

Canelo is moving up to 175 lb for the first time to challenge for Kovalev's world title

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Canelo is moving up to 175 lb for the first time to challenge for Kovalev's world title
    On paper it seems a big step for Canelo but he is now a big fella. If anything he might come in heavier at fight time! I think Canelo willl be too fast for him and will land many more shots. The risk is if Kovalev lands hard early and starts to control the tempo. Looking forward to this, along with the Diaz and the cricket later tonight.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    On paper it seems a big step for Canelo but he is now a big fella. If anything he might come in heavier at fight time! I think Canelo willl be too fast for him and will land many more shots. The risk is if Kovalev lands hard early and starts to control the tempo. Looking forward to this, along with the Diaz and the cricket later tonight.
    One hell of a fight, it was even for me up until the stoppage; early on, neither guy really committed; Canelo was applying pressure and forcing Kovalev to work, so while he was losing the early rounds he was dictating the pace and also managed to land the lustier blows, Kovalev while he was pawing with the jab, am sure Canelo was feeling them from the bigger man but he wasn't really sitting on his punches and Canelo took note of that by working more, he took over around the mid way point by doing this and then Kovalev came back strongly by throwing stiffer jabs which forced Canelo to make mistakes and he took advantage of those with his combinations.

It was an interesting fight, it depends on what you would prefer really but I felt the momentum was starting to shift towards Kovalev's end towards the end. We know Kovalev could be hurt but man what an equaliser from Canelo, I doubt anyone expected a brutal stoppage of that kind; not sure what the judges cards looked like but am glad in a way that he got the KO because there is always so much debate when fights like these go the distance

Didn't watch the Diaz fight, apparently it was a controversial stoppage

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One hell of a fight, it was even for me up until the stoppage; early on, neither guy really committed; Canelo was applying pressure and forcing Kovalev to work, so while he was losing the early rounds he was dictating the pace and also managed to land the lustier blows, Kovalev while he was pawing with the jab, am sure Canelo was feeling them from the bigger man but he wasn't really sitting on his punches and Canelo took note of that by working more, he took over around the mid way point by doing this and then Kovalev came back strongly by throwing stiffer jabs which forced Canelo to make mistakes and he took advantage of those with his combinations.

It was an interesting fight, it depends on what you would prefer really but I felt the momentum was starting to shift towards Kovalev's end towards the end. We know Kovalev could be hurt but man what an equaliser from Canelo, I doubt anyone expected a brutal stoppage of that kind; not sure what the judges cards looked like but am glad in a way that he got the KO because there is always so much debate when fights like these go the distance

Didn't watch the Diaz fight, apparently it was a controversial stoppage

It was a fascinating fight for boxing fans, not so much for casuals who expect a tear up every round. I thought Kovalev's tactics were spot on, for the first 2/3 of the fight he produced a masterclass in how to maintain a distance with his reach advantage. Canelo was struggling to land clean but he knew with such a defensive tactic it would take a lot out of his opponent, while he wasn't gettting hurt and staying fresh.

I had Kovalev ahead because of his work rate giving him the close rounds but you could see he was becoming tired, not jabbing as sharp and losing his defence.

But the KO was world class, you wont see a better finish in a boxing fight. The sweeping left hook which did the damage was thrown with such balance, power and technique it was near on perfect. Even though Kovalev wasnt hit flush, the power and his tiredness rocked him so bad, he ended up giving his chin up right in the way of Canelos right hand, which he powered into his face. Glad he was ok, because that was scary even for a boxing fan to see.

You have to give huge credit to Canelo for being a 4 weight world champion especiall with so much difference in weights. Some of my friends believe he was juiced up, which maybe true we have to give him the kudos for what we know and have seen.

Diaz is a bad bad man, wouldnt want to ever get into a rumble with such a fella! Hard as nails, the more you beat him the more he becomes determined , keeps on coming forward. I really wanted to see this fight for all 5 rounds just to see Diaz. He had a pretty bad cut not not enough to stop the fight imo, looks like some sort of scam imo.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    It was a fascinating fight for boxing fans, not so much for casuals who expect a tear up every round. I thought Kovalev's tactics were spot on, for the first 2/3 of the fight he produced a masterclass in how to maintain a distance with his reach advantage. Canelo was struggling to land clean but he knew with such a defensive tactic it would take a lot out of his opponent, while he wasn't gettting hurt and staying fresh.

I had Kovalev ahead because of his work rate giving him the close rounds but you could see he was becoming tired, not jabbing as sharp and losing his defence.

But the KO was world class, you wont see a better finish in a boxing fight. The sweeping left hook which did the damage was thrown with such balance, power and technique it was near on perfect. Even though Kovalev wasnt hit flush, the power and his tiredness rocked him so bad, he ended up giving his chin up right in the way of Canelos right hand, which he powered into his face. Glad he was ok, because that was scary even for a boxing fan to see.

You have to give huge credit to Canelo for being a 4 weight world champion especiall with so much difference in weights. Some of my friends believe he was juiced up, which maybe true we have to give him the kudos for what we know and have seen.

Diaz is a bad bad man, wouldnt want to ever get into a rumble with such a fella! Hard as nails, the more you beat him the more he becomes determined , keeps on coming forward. I really wanted to see this fight for all 5 rounds just to see Diaz. He had a pretty bad cut not not enough to stop the fight imo, looks like some sort of scam imo.
    Totally agree with you mate, that pressure and evasiveness was very tactical from Canelo early on and the work rate set by Kovalev as you said meant his endurance was going to be challenged; he also last fought a few months ago against Yarde, it's a 50/50 one because I feel that this is the best possible prep for him but meant there wasn't going to be a massive tank on fight night, but it is still the best for him to go form one camp into another or else he will just drink himself to death. If Kovalev took a little more care of himself outside the ropes he could have come into the ring a bit more fresher and benefited from a break but he is the type of guy that needs to be fighting often to be able to compete, he also said in an interview that he was tired after the 6th round.

It was a class performance from Canelo to against the smaller opponent and the finish was just magical on a technical level as you say, kept his left up also while he through that peach of a right, the little things always stand out to me like that, Yes agree, regardless of what is said regarding that aspect we can only judge what we see and when you see a performance of that calibre you don't pay attention to it because of the shear skill on display, I still think we haven't seen the best of Canelo which is nuts because at a very young age he already has forged a hall of fame career and is an all time great.

The thing I found so hilarious was prior to the fight Diaz allegedly failed a drug test, Diaz took a stand I have never ever seen before, he said until his name is cleared he wont fight that's how much faith he had in his preparation and how he takes care of himself, he had no doubt he hadn't taken anything at all and wasn't willing to keep silent etc lol and in the end that's exactly what happened as they cleared his name and released the full details, not seen the cut but I have seen it in boxing lately, ref's have been jumping in a little more quicker and waving off fights because of the tragedy, in MMA that is unheard of regardless and it's unlikely to happen at the same probability as well

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

@KingKhanWC

Read the 1st comment under the video more then Don King LOOL am dead

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Read the 1st comment under the video more then Don King LOOL am dead
    Very harsh on Don King

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Very harsh on Don King
    Very harsh indeed

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Update on upcoming fights:

October

GGG v Derevyanchenko - vacant IBF title

Oleksandr Usyk vs Tyrone Spong (Heavyweight) , interesting considering Usyk's move up

Regis Prograis vs Josh Taylor , unified super-lightweight titles and the RING; look forward to this, no.1 v no.2

Shakur Stevenson vs Joet Gonzalez , world title; with the golden boy come of age despite his inexperience, I would say so; Stevenson is a special fighter

November

Canelo v Kovalev - this is massive, a world title fight at light heavyweight with Canelo moving up, many feel it will be easy for him and how he may even stop Kovalev; am not too sure there, massive credit to Canelo if he pulls it off but a motivated Kovalev is a big threat and he showed so much heart in that W over Yarde when on the brink recently

Naoya Inoue vs Nonito Donaire (WBA & IBF Bantamweight Titles) - I believe this will be the final, Inoue is arguably the best fighter on the planet and if he manages to take out the legendary Nonito Donaire then that argument may hold even more merit

Lee McGregor vs Kash Farooq (British & Commonwealth Bantamweight Titles), this is a domestic show down which Brits may find of interest; I think whoever comes through this will have very good world level prospects

Wilder v Ortiz 2

December

Ruiz v Joshua 2

Out of all these the ones I am looking forward to most are Canelo / Kovalev, Taylor / Prograis, Inoue / Donaire and Joshua / Ruiz

Will also be interested to see how Stevenson and Usyk progress
    Some very interesting fights to look forward to as we end the year on a high, Boxing on a boom! I know we don't always get the fights we want but the coverage is great across continents, fans are engaged more then ever and we get treats from time to time with fantastic match making

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Canelo is a highly skilled fighter, definitely has an awesome resume at such a young age, he improves with every fight, that defeat against Floyd taught him so much.

But there are always asterisks and question marks, questionable judging decisions, clenbuterol, rehydration clauses

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some very interesting fights to look forward to as we end the year on a high, Boxing on a boom! I know we don't always get the fights we want but the coverage is great across continents, fans are engaged more then ever and we get treats from time to time with fantastic match making
    Ortiz at the age of 40 is in theory 2 fights away from being unified hw champion of the world! He just needs to beat Wilder and hope Ruiz beats Joshua. It will then be him v Ruiz for the undisputed. This would be funny to see esp how Joshua, Fury and Wilder react.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check out this documentary, brilliant! Shows how boxing has changed the lives of people. Not sure this man will one day be HW champ but i hope he has the skills to get far, I love his style, very similar to Iron Mike.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would likely have said Canelo but obviously it's over now haha

The sad part about it all is how odd the fight was and how reluctant Kovalev w as to do his job.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Ortiz at the age of 40 is in theory 2 fights away from being unified hw champion of the world! He just needs to beat Wilder and hope Ruiz beats Joshua. It will then be him v Ruiz for the undisputed. This would be funny to see esp how Joshua, Fury and Wilder react.
    Yeah definitely, Ortiz is so dangerous especially for 6 rounds or so; that would be hilarious lmao but if Wilder lost am sure there would be an immediate rematch

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Check out this documentary, brilliant! Shows how boxing has changed the lives of people. Not sure this man will one day be HW champ but i hope he has the skills to get far, I love his style, very similar to Iron Mike.

Nice one will check this documentary out

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

The sad part about it all is how odd the fight was and how reluctant Kovalev w as to do his job.
    Yes he was tentative mate, part of it was because the pressure was forcing him to keep Canelo off when he didn't necessarily want to throw the jab and at the back of his mind he probably doubted his endurance as well

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Canelo is a highly skilled fighter, definitely has an awesome resume at such a young age, he improves with every fight, that defeat against Floyd taught him so much.

But there are always asterisks and question marks, questionable judging decisions, clenbuterol, rehydration clauses

I didn't know before but there was a rehydration clause of 10 lb, it obviously favours Canelo more but what is your opinion on that ? it's worth pointing out that this is the mandatory ruling regardless if you contest any of IBF's world titles; between 2014-2016 when Kovalev held the IBF world title he dealt with the second day weigh in compatibly and remained at the top, however it is no doubt that at 36 it is going to be more taxing; in the grand scheme I don't think it would have negatively impacted him in a major way though, what do you guys think

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The biggest event in internet history? Possibly. Pure entertainment? Definitely.

In front of a global audience of millions, the YouTube boxing grudge match between Britain's KSI and his American rival Logan Paul on Saturday produced, perhaps surprisingly for some, a superb sporting spectacle in Los Angeles on Saturday.

KSI won on a split decision in a tear-up that was dripping in controversy after Paul was deducted two points for hitting his opponent on his way down.

Here's how the entertaining - and sometimes surreal - night unfolded in LA.

First, the fight. Fury-Wilder it wasn't, but it was an entertaining bout from the first bell to the last.

KSI, 26, deserved to win. He was the better fighter for the first four rounds as he continually threw booming rights which rocked the taller, rangier Paul onto the back foot.

It was one-way traffic until Paul snuck through KSI's defences with an uppercut and then, with his opponent on his way to the canvas, landed another blow which took the wind from the Brit's sails.

The referee intervened because Paul broke KSI's fall, following the uppercut, to land another blow and the official demonstrably gave the Brit time to regain his composure.

And while two points were deducted from Paul's card, a knockdown was registered in the American's favour on account of the first blow.

KSI belied his inexperience to stay out of trouble for the remainder of the fourth round - displaying much improved footwork from the pair's first fight - and the frenetic pace continued for the full six round.

KSI - whose real name is Olajide Olayinka Williams Olatunji - was judged the winner 57-54, 56-55, 55-56 on the judges' scorecards.

It was a popular victory for the Brit, who was the more popular fighter inside the sell-out arena, despite crossing the Atlantic to fight on his opponent's home soil.

You could tell it was going to be a something special from the moment the two YouTubers walked into the ring.

Logan Paul came in like a pantomime villain - booed and jeered in front of a home crowd as he strutted through in a star-spangled USA robe.

KSI arrived in a red and black mask covering most of his face, and American rapper Rick Ross walked him in performing Down Like That - a song they've collaborated on.

While most people became enthralled in the tense fight, there was also a Justin Bieber sideshow to keep an eye on. The Canadian singer was in Paul's corner and after appearing with him backstage before the fight, Bieber was soon trending on social media after giving Paul a standing ovation after the second round.

The Staples Center was full of internet celebrities who wanted in on the action, and social media full of messages for the two fighters.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/50364354

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    In one of the greatest fights I have ever seen in my life time and the best of 2019, The Monster Naoya Inoue just about managed to defeat the legendary Nonito Donaire - this is the Boxing I love, the true combat and way of the warrior; it will have you jumping out your seat and test your emotional strings, because what a ride this epic battle was, skill of the highest calibre on display in addition to the incredible guts, heart, passion and pure desire.

Donaire at this point of his career, 1 week shy of his 37th Birthday was already a first balot Hall of Famer with nothing left to prove being a 4 weight world champion who was consistently ranked among the top P4P best in the world during his peak. At this point of his career you wonder why he continues to fight and while he showed against the likes of Frampton, Young and Burnett there is still gas left in the tank at world level you would not expect him to push a big technically sound puncher in Naoya to the absolute limit, to put things into perspective; Naoya's last 4 world championship bouts against very good opposition lasted less then 8 minutes overall ! and at the age of 26 he is already a 3 weight world champion with 16 KO's from 19 fights with 12 coming in world title fights.

Donaire's experience and world / elite pedigree showed in the first half, he would come out fast; applying pressure, cutting of the ring, giving the younger champion no room and pushing him back when none of his opponents in the past had previously succeeded, he went to the head and body, the left hand and especially check left hook caused Naoya problems early on as he attempted to weather the storm with lateral movement and accurate power punching to try and stall Donaire, he did succeed many a time but Donaire still managed to press forward, there were some swing rounds in the first half but predominately the momentum and pace of the fight was controlled by Donaire.

Naoya would soon after manage to hold the centre with his brilliant ability to slip / slide and roll with the punches to set up some beautiful counters, he would regain control before Donaire would slip a jab at mid-range to land a powerful right hand which seriously wobbled Naoya in the second half as blood streamed down his face with. Seeing that the momentum was starting to shift, Naoya responded with a terrific body shot in the 11th which dropped Donaire; the reaction was delayed and the great champion desperately tried to survive, it came early in the round so he had to work hard and get the juices flowing once more, in a miraculous moment while Naoya looked for the finish as he smelled blood being one of the most clinical finishers in the business; Donaire responded with a massive left refusing to hold as the two traded hell for leather.

It was a very even fight and for me the knock down just about sealed the deal for Naoya, many never gave Donaire enough respect with him being in the twilight of his career but he used his experience to set traps on the front food with his feints, excellent jabs and an insane work rate for a man his age the engine was still there; Naoya while he had to absorb some lusty blows throughout out the fight he showed his class with his movement and accurate power punching, if there was a ? on his heart / chin there will not be any doubts after this, both men showed a fighting spirit and in my eyes elevated themselves even further.

Naoya now is the IBF, WBA Super and RING bantamweight world champion and there is a case to be made for him being P4P no.1, at 118 lb there are still plenty of options for him against the likes of Tete, some would also say Nery but I don't think this cheat deserves a title shot; there is also talk of a bout with Lomachenko but weight would be a big talking point. As for Donaire, I haven't read about what his plans are from here but I hope he can enjoy a happy retirement because there is nothing left to prove and if anything if there were any doubts on his legacy, he proved that he is without a doubt one of the best modern fighters of his era and a sure Hall of Famer in the future.
    Last edited by shaz619; 10th November 2019 at 20:48.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    In one of the greatest fights I have ever seen in my life time and the best of 2019, The Monster Naoya Inoue just about managed to defeat the legendary Nonito Donaire - this is the Boxing I love, the true combat and way of the warrior; it will have you jumping out your seat and test your emotional strings, because what a ride this epic battle was, skill of the highest calibre on display in addition to the incredible guts, heart, passion and pure desire.

Donaire at this point of his career, 1 week shy of his 37th Birthday was already a first balot Hall of Famer with nothing left to prove being a 4 weight world champion who was consistently ranked among the top P4P best in the world during his peak. At this point of his career you wonder why he continues to fight and while he showed against the likes of Frampton, Young and Burnett there is still gas left in the tank at world level you would not expect him to push a big technically sound puncher in Naoya to the absolute limit, to put things into perspective; Naoya's last 4 world championship bouts against very good opposition lasted less then 8 minutes overall ! and at the age of 26 he is already a 3 weight world champion with 16 KO's from 19 fights with 12 coming in world title fights.

Donaire's experience and world / elite pedigree showed in the first half, he would come out fast; applying pressure, cutting of the ring, giving the younger champion no room and pushing him back when none of his opponents in the past had previously succeeded, he went to the head and body, the left hand and especially check left hook caused Naoya problems early on as he attempted to weather the storm with lateral movement and accurate power punching to try and stall Donaire, he did succeed many a time but Donaire still managed to press forward, there were some swing rounds in the first half but predominately the momentum and pace of the fight was controlled by Donaire.

Naoya would soon after manage to hold the centre with his brilliant ability to slip / slide and roll with the punches to set up some beautiful counters, he would regain control before Donaire would slip a jab at mid-range to land a powerful right hand which seriously wobbled Naoya in the second half as blood streamed down his face with. Seeing that the momentum was starting to shift, Naoya responded with a terrific body shot in the 11th which dropped Donaire; the reaction was delayed and the great champion desperately tried to survive, it came early in the round so he had to work hard and get the juices flowing once more, in a miraculous moment while Naoya looked for the finish as he smelled blood being one of the most clinical finishers in the business; Donaire responded with a massive left refusing to hold as the two traded hell for leather.

It was a very even fight and for me the knock down just about sealed the deal for Naoya, many never gave Donaire enough respect with him being in the twilight of his career but he used his experience to set traps on the front food with his feints, excellent jabs and an insane work rate for a man his age the engine was still there; Naoya while he had to absorb some lusty blows throughout out the fight he showed his class with his movement and accurate power punching, if there was a ? on his heart / chin there will not be any doubts after this, both men showed a fighting spirit and in my eyes elevated themselves even further.

Naoya now is the IBF, WBA Super and RING bantamweight world champion and there is a case to be made for him being P4P no.1, at 118 lb there are still plenty of options for him against the likes of Tete, some would also say Nery but I don't think this cheat deserves a title shot; there is also talk of a bout with Lomachenko but weight would be a big talking point. As for Donaire, I haven't read about what his plans are from here but I hope he can enjoy a happy retirement because there is nothing left to prove and if anything if there were any doubts on his legacy, he proved that he is without a doubt one of the best modern fighters of his era and a sure Hall of Famer in the future.
    @KingKhanWC make sure you find a way to watch Naoya Inoue vs Nonito Donaire

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    amazing fight, only got told about inoue a few weeks ago by one of my mates as im a fairly casual boxing fan. absolute beast and worth every penny when it comes to entertainment, has the world at his feet. seriously brilliant body puncher.