Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Any ideas who could be his tune up fight?

I've just seen his latest instagram post and he is there with the girl he was partying saying he wants to clarify she is nice/friend etc after apparently she has been receiving abuse. Two post downs is Faryal with her child.If he didnt have a child with her, it would be ok but I have a bad feeling she will use her against him which will ruin his focus in training. He should sort out the settlement asap before confirming a fight imo.
    No clue at all but I believe it will be a fighter who campaigns at 140lb, I don't mind who he fights next as a warm up because the goal is not to elevate his profile in the ring but to see his mental state of mind, testing the new hand and getting rid of the ring rust then face Peterson in 2018 for the WBA regular world title.

What did Faryal say two posts down? I didn't manage to catch what she said. The way I see it, obviously Khan has been stressed out etc so he had a night out to blow off some steam with one of his mates and it has been blown out of proportion and all of a sudden everyone has turned into a mullah when they probably don't even do their stanjah properly. It also doesn't reflect well on our community when his mate is being abused as well, I get he's a muslim but when even the sheiks who are a lot more knowledgeable then us do not come to conclusive judgements who are the public to attack Amir or his mate; completely unnecessary plus many seem to be out of touch with regards to defining a modern muslim.

The media are also using this as an opportunity to paint this picture of us being incredibly intolerant and backwards when you read some of the comments around the web regarding this matter, a lot of the folk don't practice what they preach.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @ All the real fight fans, here's a treat:

Excellent video highlights of Lomachenko's genius vs Marriaga

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    No clue at all but I believe it will be a fighter who campaigns at 140lb, I don't mind who he fights next as a warm up because the goal is not to elevate his profile in the ring but to see his mental state of mind, testing the new hand and getting rid of the ring rust then face Peterson in 2018 for the WBA regular world title.

What did Faryal say two posts down? I didn't manage to catch what she said. The way I see it, obviously Khan has been stressed out etc so he had a night out to blow off some steam with one of his mates and it has been blown out of proportion and all of a sudden everyone has turned into a mullah when they probably don't even do their stanjah properly. It also doesn't reflect well on our community when his mate is being abused as well, I get he's a muslim but when even the sheiks who are a lot more knowledgeable then us do not come to conclusive judgements who are the public to attack Amir or his mate; completely unnecessary plus many seem to be out of touch with regards to defining a modern muslim.

The media are also using this as an opportunity to paint this picture of us being incredibly intolerant and backwards when you read some of the comments around the web regarding this matter, a lot of the folk don't practice what they preach.
    I think Peterson would be a good fight or even maybe Jeff Horn who although looked really good against Pacman , Khan should outbox him. I have a feeling Kell Brook wants the fight hoping to regain some respect but the way he lost, surely he way down the list now?

Faryal only posted a pic of her with her baby but even such a picture it's obvious her aim was to annoy Amir. Yes it's ridiculous how the community chop and change depending on what dirt they can throw at someone. The irony is those who speculate on others usually have the same or worse problems in their own homes!

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I think Peterson would be a good fight or even maybe Jeff Horn who although looked really good against Pacman , Khan should outbox him. I have a feeling Kell Brook wants the fight hoping to regain some respect but the way he lost, surely he way down the list now?

Faryal only posted a pic of her with her baby but even such a picture it's obvious her aim was to annoy Amir. Yes it's ridiculous how the community chop and change depending on what dirt they can throw at someone. The irony is those who speculate on others usually have the same or worse problems in their own homes!
    Wouldn't mind Jeff at all but with him being managed by Arum highly unlikely he will let him fight Khan, I just don't know what it is but Bob just has something against Amir don't know what it is. But I'd prefer Horn over Peterson because Horn has the WBO world title belt while Peterson has the regular portion of the WBA world title.

I agree with you that she was teasing him there and you're right highly respect your views, you could easily have slinged mud like other self righteous hypocrites that have no problem doing a bhangra over those whom they advocate as saints when it's far from the truth; people are very selective when it comes to their biased judgements and incredibly hypocritical. Like you said before, best thing now is to fast track the divorce and pay Faryal whatever she's required but the dispute over custody of their daughter could take months to resolve which is not ideal especially in Khan's case given how important 2018 will be as far as his career is concerned

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    People don't like it when the truth is spoken with regards to their self hate and inferior complex but another brilliant example was Nas, he was britians greatest fighter in my opinion but you didn't get the mullah brigade calling him out for his lifestyle; since we're taking the morale high ground it doesn't make sense to look beyond certain flaws due to the ATG ability alone in that instance right, it's quiet clear that a big chunk of Brit Paks self hate a lot and suffer from an inferior complex hence why the OTT vilifying of one of their hero's who is not perfect but has been an excellent ambassador be it through his charity endeavours, constantly speaking out against those who demonize muslims/Islam and a highly successful boxing career which could have been better but despite that achieved excellence and is a great inspiration when it comes to working hard, never giving up , not being demoralised by defeat and always believing in yourself; we don't have many Brit Pak role models and often find ourselves in the press for the negative stuff it's a shame that we sh!t on one of our own, look at the Irish community, they stick together and go from strength to strength @Adil_94

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 amir gets too much hate from brit paks. Yes hes flawed n criticise his flaws but all u get is constant hate.

yeah hes partier n what not but he does genuinely care for the poor in pakistan and wants to give back home n abroad.

but the same people who cant reach in their pockets for a 1 pound charity donation try to take moral high ground with Amir.

Apparently if u are pakistani public figure u have to be an angel or saint now.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't mind Jeff at all but with him being managed by Arum highly unlikely he will let him fight Khan, I just don't know what it is but Bob just has something against Amir don't know what it is. But I'd prefer Horn over Peterson because Horn has the WBO world title belt while Peterson has the regular portion of the WBA world title.

I agree with you that she was teasing him there and you're right highly respect your views, you could easily have slinged mud like other self righteous hypocrites that have no problem doing a bhangra over those whom they advocate as saints when it's far from the truth; people are very selective when it comes to their biased judgements and incredibly hypocritical. Like you said before, best thing now is to fast track the divorce and pay Faryal whatever she's required but the dispute over custody of their daughter could take months to resolve which is not ideal especially in Khan's case given how important 2018 will be as far as his career is concerned
    Or perhaps he can come back down to 140 and take on Garcia, highly unlikely but would be a great match up?

That saying ' a woman sconered' will come to true unfotunantely in this case, she will miss the limelight and glamour of being around a famous boxer who is invited to all sorts of events and given VIP treatment wherever he goes. I think she will miss this more than her ex husband and will make his life difficult in the hope he gets back together with her.It doesn't matter what you do , people in our community love to talk. Look at Imran Khan the man sacrificed his life for Pakistan but still many there are personally attacking him. Sad world.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Or perhaps he can come back down to 140 and take on Garcia, highly unlikely but would be a great match up?

That saying ' a woman sconered' will come to true unfotunantely in this case, she will miss the limelight and glamour of being around a famous boxer who is invited to all sorts of events and given VIP treatment wherever he goes. I think she will miss this more than her ex husband and will make his life difficult in the hope he gets back together with her.It doesn't matter what you do , people in our community love to talk. Look at Imran Khan the man sacrificed his life for Pakistan but still many there are personally attacking him. Sad world.
    Wouldn't be a bad fight at all plus Khan was such a beast at 140lb, but don't think he can make that weight; he probably walks around at 155-165; plus when he's not in camp, he doesn't train as much and loves restaurants like Akbars lol

So true, you always get uncalled for hate regardless unfortunately. Also, Khan's fight later in the year is 100% on and I've read they have an opponent in mind and are on the final phase of confirming the contracts, I believe an announcement was expected this week but after what has happened recently they could be waiting for things to cool down a bit. Since the fight is going ahead, Khan will have no choice but to try his best to 100% focus on the fight and just isolate himself from stuff to do with his ex-wife.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @KingKhanWC Some bad news, Martinez won't be facing Davis because he is struggling with the 130lb limit. Instead his opponent will be Francisco Fonseca who is not really a proper world title contender. However, Badou Jack who is moving up to the LHW division will take on Nathan Cleverly for his WBA regular title; it's the only decent fight on the Mayweather/McFake undercard

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @KingKhanWC Some bad news, Martinez won't be facing Davis because he is struggling with the 130lb limit. Instead his opponent will be Francisco Fonseca who is not really a proper world title contender. However, Badou Jack who is moving up to the LHW division will take on Nathan Cleverly for his WBA regular title; it's the only decent fight on the Mayweather/McFake undercard
    I feel sorry for Jack poor guy easily beat Bute and clearly beat degale and still couldnt get the wins

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    I feel sorry for Jack poor guy easily beat Bute and clearly beat degale and still couldnt get the wins
    I need to watch that Degale fight again didn't score it when I watched it live but it was incredibly competitive and I recall being satisfied with the draw in the end, Degale would probably rank in the top 5 most underrated fighters on the planet, perhaps Jack as well! Should be a good fight, I admire Clevely's fighting spirit; he falls down but he just keeps coming back every time I think he is done when it comes to his career in Boxing, it's the biggest fight of his career and I expect him to give it his all

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to watch that Degale fight again didn't score it when I watched it live but it was incredibly competitive and I recall being satisfied with the draw in the end, Degale would probably rank in the top 5 most underrated fighters on the planet, perhaps Jack as well! Should be a good fight, I admire Clevely's fighting spirit; he falls down but he just keeps coming back every time I think he is done when it comes to his career in Boxing, it's the biggest fight of his career and I expect him to give it his all
    It was a competitive fight, just felt you had to give every benefit of every doubt for Degale to get the draw. Jack nudged it.

As for Cleverly he has a great engine, but is way too easy to hit.Also doesnt really have the power to fight like he does on the world level.

You seen his fight with Fonfara that was a great scrap?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    It was a competitive fight, just felt you had to give every benefit of every doubt for Degale to get the draw. Jack nudged it.

As for Cleverly he has a great engine, but is way too easy to hit.Also doesnt really have the power to fight like he does on the world level.

You seen his fight with Fonfara that was a great scrap?
    Yeah I did really enjoyed it, think they broke some record for punches thrown in that weight class as well. With Ward moving up to CW, chances are Jack could become champion soon enough because he"ll fight for the vacant titles. The super annoying thing is that Adonis Chickenson while talented is a glorified matchroom stable fighter, he won't get in the ring with someone who remotely has a chance against him so I doubt he will face Kovalev or Jack

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A shame as Davis needed a test. Has Cleverly regained any sort of him or confidence since his demolition by Kov , as I haven't seen much of him since then?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    A shame as Davis needed a test. Has Cleverly regained any sort of him or confidence since his demolition by Kov , as I haven't seen much of him since then?
    He was competetive in defeats to fonfara and bellew, recently became the first to KO brahmer who was a decent champion. So has rebounded quiet well when you look at the kovalev demolition

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Looks like they called Paulie's bluff on the video.

Was getting pounded on by McGregor.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Looks like they called Paulie's bluff on the video.

Was getting pounded on by McGregor.

First clip wasn't a knockdown and you can see Cortez ruling it as such. Second clip he got caught with a good shot. Anyhow they only released 3 minutes of footage where he was doing well, Paulie sparred with him for longer then that....also bare in mind that Paulie was out of shape and recently retired after a loss to egginton; still it seems he did well enough to the point where Conor camp only released short clip rather then entire video, similarly they had done the same when sparring another fighter; but he had someone record the whole session and Conor didn't look so good in the entire footage which gave the whole picture; Paulie wasn't allowed to bring in any of his people or record the sessions
    Last edited by shaz619; 13th August 2017 at 08:35.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Legendary Japanese Bantamweight Shinsuke Yamanka suffers his first pro defeat to Mexican Nery, he just needed one more defence to tie the record for most title defences in the history of Japanese Boxing with 16; he's had one hell of a run, more then half a decade of dominance but age finally caught up. He cited Naseem Hamed as one of his inspirations and goodness me he posses a left which almost compares to the Prince, Shinksue style is very similar to Manny although he relies on pivot and side step with not as much deviation when it comes to the lateral movement Manny and Lomachenko are capable off.

Nery was a solid prospect but there were so many question marks, I didn't know what his punch resistance and power were like; his fundamentals were sound, nice tight defence, is great at cutting you off and doesn't stand too square either. His head movement is pretty good to and while he avoided a number of those dangerous lefts he did take quiet a few and displayed a tremendous chin, after the retirement of Marquez this guy is the future of Mexican Boxing.

Shinksuke timing was a off, his movements were not confident, body language was a little poor as well but he gave it everything; unfortunately it may just be a case of deteriorating physical attributes that finally got the better of him but full credit to the Mexican; Nery took his best and gunned him down, that can be energy sapping during a fight when you give your best shot with not as much effect and it also takes the spring out your punches. Nery had Shinsuke out on his feet on a number of occasions, then during the 4th his trainer threw in the towel, Shinsuke had the hopes of an entire nation behind him, he is so popular in his country; was sad to see him leave the ring in tears before bowing to his home fans and leaving the ring perhaps for the final time.

But what a career he has had, for a long while he has been in the top 10 P4P fighters list of most publications and has remained the best at 118lb
    Last edited by shaz619; 15th August 2017 at 17:27.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    #EndofAnEra

This is a great video package of Shinsuke's greatest highlights, you will really enjoy it guys (SCARY power in his left) :

@KingKhanWC We take such genius's for granted especially their dominance, it's only when they're gone that we appreciate them even more. It's also unfortunate that at times the lower weight classes can get lost in the shuffle but people did give Shinsuke well deserved recognition, Nas paved the way for these blokes and inspired a generation; also bough attention to the lower weights which they had not received before and ever since I'd say generally things are better but would be nice if there was a bigger spotlight on the likes of Gonzalez and Shinsuke.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    All of Shinsuke's mid to late round stoppages in fights he has been put under pressure have come from his incredible ability to adapt to his opponents style / game plan and find the necessary openings for him to put them away with 'God's left' as they like to call it. On this occasion the younger and stronger Mexican proved to be too much, perhaps the elite power has diminished as well ? he's 34 years old now and there's a lot of wear/tear from 6 years of world title fights. A part of me wants to see the rematch to set the record straight but given the nature of his defeat think it's the end

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Legendary Japanese Bantamweight Shinsuke Yamanka suffers his first pro defeat to Mexican Nery, he just needed one more defence to tie the record for most title defences in the history of Japanese Boxing with 16; he's had one hell of a run, more then half a decade of dominance but age finally caught up. He cited Naseem Hamed as one of his inspirations and goodness me he posses a left which almost compares to the Prince, Shinksue style is very similar to Manny although he relies on pivot and side step with not as much deviation when it comes to the lateral movement Manny and Lomachenko are capable off.

Nery was a solid prospect but there were so many question marks, I didn't know what his punch resistance and power were like; his fundamentals were sound, nice tight defence, is great at cutting you off and doesn't stand too square either. His head movement is pretty good to and while he avoided a number of those dangerous lefts he did take quiet a few and displayed a tremendous chin, after the retirement of Marquez this guy is the future of Mexican Boxing.

Shinksuke timing was a off, his movements were not confident, body language was a little poor as well but he gave it everything; unfortunately it may just be a case of deteriorating physical attributes that finally got the better of him but full credit to the Mexican; Nery took his best and gunned him down, that can be energy sapping during a fight when you give your best shot with not as much effect and it also takes the spring out your punches. Nery had Shinsuke out on his feet on a number of occasions, then during the 4th his trainer threw in the towel, Shinsuke had the hopes of an entire nation behind him, he is so popular in his country; was sad to see him leave the ring in tears before bowing to his home fans and leaving the ring perhaps for the final time.

But what a career he has had, for a long while he has been in the top 10 P4P fighters list of most publications and has remained the best at 118lb
    Great career, I haven't watched his last fight but from the past this fighter had a massive heart along with a serious power. I hope he paves the way for more fighters to rise out of Japan. It's a nation which should produce a lot of fighters in the lower weight divisions. Any other potentials you're aware of out of Japan?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Great career, I haven't watched his last fight but from the past this fighter had a massive heart along with a serious power. I hope he paves the way for more fighters to rise out of Japan. It's a nation which should produce a lot of fighters in the lower weight divisions. Any other potentials you're aware of out of Japan?
    Takuma Inoue is a fresh prospect who seems fairly skilled, he could be world champion in the future. Then you have these guys who are all world champion and have just emerged as talents that could potentially dominate the lower divisions for a while, Naoya Inoue, Daigo Higa, Kosei Tanaka and Sho Kimura.

My favourite out of the new generation is Daigo Higa, great at applying pressure, nice tight defence and packs a real punch; has some defensive weaknesses but that's a part of the excitement he brings to the ring but he needs to stop relying on his chin holding up but he tends to relish a war lol. 22 years young, claimed the WBC flyweight title in his 13th fight and boasts a record of 13 wins and 13 knockouts.

This is the finish of his most recent fight when he claimed the WBC world title in May 2017:

Hernandez was no slouch, world class experienced operator who was going to be a big test for him and it's always tougher facing the champion rather then fighting for a vacant belt

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Also worth pointing out that Muhammad Waseem could face Higa for the world title being the no.1 ranked fighter in WBC rankings, come to think of it he's as much of a threat as Selby @KingKhanWC maybe even more dangerous. Anyhow regardless of whether Waseem faces Selby or Higa, think we could see an absolutely explosive fight and potential fight of the year candidate
    Last edited by shaz619; 16th August 2017 at 20:28.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @Amjid Javed retired from the Boxing thread the moment his hero quit in sheffield: