Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Results 721 to 800 of 2627
  1. #721
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    542
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Floyd is seriously leaning towards Brook after making the decision to keep his titles. Would be a huge slap in the face for Khan if Floyd takes that route. I personally would love for Floyd to take on Khan and shut his delusional fans once and for all.

  2. #722
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    2,379
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    He would though if the offer was there...its massive money...Martinez did the same thing saying he would fight at 147 if necessary...

    They all want the big money fight at any cost...look at Geale on Saturday...absolute shambles...

    Golovkin says he can cut to 154 and also says he can fight at 168 ...fact is he has never fought below 160 in his career...he would cut but only for Floyd...hes certainly not suggesting to Cotto that they meet at 154...cos he knows he'll be drained...and he has less to gain...

    Floyd cant win over people unless he fights Golovkin at 160 which is a ludicrous suggestion considering hes the A-side...why is he gonna jump up two divisions for a challenger?...yet this is what is being asked of him...

    Its like what i said...if Kovalev calls out GGG no-one would cuss GGG for declining...i would never dream of insulting a fighter for not jumping up two weight classes...yet seems when Floyd doesnt do it hes a coward...if he did jump to 160 and win...next we would be hearing about how hes ducking fighters at 168 and 175 ;) ...

    But who would really want to see it at 154 lbs? I am not saying Floyd should jump two weight classes and fight at middleweight, I'm saying is this a fight people really want to see at 154 lbs?

    Floyd has no business moving up to fight someone who's been knocking out fighters at 160 lbs. Floyd is too small but I think I am probably one of the few who doesn't want to see the fight because it doesn't make sense for either guy. Just my opinion.

  3. #723
    Debut
    May 2009
    Runs
    203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A prime nadeem Hamed would have destroyed floyd

  4. #724
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waseem84 View Post
    A prime nadeem Hamed would have destroyed floyd
    Interesting you mention this...the two could have fought...

    Check out the post interview of the Corrales fight where Floyd decimated the bigger unbeaten Corrales and he calls out Hamed...

    Hamed at the time was a massive star...he was perhaps the Floyd at his time in terms of as an attraction...but more importantly he was in the division below...and he wasnt a big super featherweight either...

    I'll be consistent and state that Naz was the attraction, Floyd was the B-side so Naz had no need to go up in weight...Floyd did offer a compromise of a catchweight meaning Naz gained two pounds and Floyd cut two pounds but Naz declined and im cool with that...

    He had Morales and Barrera in his division and he went on to fight Barrera instead which is more than fine...anyone who suggests Naz 'ducked' Floyd is chatting rubbish...but unfortunately thats a popular version now...

    As for the fight itself...prime Floyd would have beaten Naz...its just a shame we never got to see it...even if Naz had taken the option to fight Floyd it wasn't the prime version at the time...

  5. #725
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaIR1 View Post
    But who would really want to see it at 154 lbs? I am not saying Floyd should jump two weight classes and fight at middleweight, I'm saying is this a fight people really want to see at 154 lbs?

    Floyd has no business moving up to fight someone who's been knocking out fighters at 160 lbs. Floyd is too small but I think I am probably one of the few who doesn't want to see the fight because it doesn't make sense for either guy. Just my opinion.
    GGG wants to see it and people who hate Floyd...most reasonable people understand it makes no sense...you want the best version of each fighter fighting...and frankly these two don't match up...

    I've seen ppl do the Kovalev v GGG dream matchup and its ludicrous...and its never as straightforward as someone gaining weight and someone cutting weight to meet a compromise...

    One example that comes to mind is Chad Dawson...what a stupid decision fighting Ward turned out to be...

  6. #726
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShahKhan007 View Post
    Lol You have been thoroughly exposed as a blind hater. Your love for Khan has tinted your glasses to the point that you can't find objectivity even when you try.
    You should explain exactly how and quote posts which indicate that, awwwwww leave my floyd alone hater just because my lips are not attached to his backside like yours i criticise Khan all time but your fav fighters are like prophets to you or lovers they are perfect in every way. Unfortunately you've turned into the worst poster in this thread , you go off on a tangent and contradict yourself; when it comes to defending your affection for lover boy floyd and the mix raced Brook.
    Last edited by shaz619; 10th June 2015 at 09:37.

  7. #727
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    GGG wants to see it and people who hate Floyd...most reasonable people understand it makes no sense...you want the best version of each fighter fighting...and frankly these two don't match up...

    I've seen ppl do the Kovalev v GGG dream matchup and its ludicrous...and its never as straightforward as someone gaining weight and someone cutting weight to meet a compromise...

    One example that comes to mind is Chad Dawson...what a stupid decision fighting Ward turned out to be...
    Why are you still crying we said his cowardice is justified bro

  8. #728
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Speaking of Nas, he will be inducted into the hall of fame in a few days. Well deserved, one hell of a fighter and showman. A shame he lost love for the sport but fair play for him retiring to spend more time with his family instead off sticking around longer then needed like some fighters.

  9. #729
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    Interesting you mention this...the two could have fought...

    Check out the post interview of the Corrales fight where Floyd decimated the bigger unbeaten Corrales and he calls out Hamed...

    Hamed at the time was a massive star...he was perhaps the Floyd at his time in terms of as an attraction...but more importantly he was in the division below...and he wasnt a big super featherweight either...

    I'll be consistent and state that Naz was the attraction, Floyd was the B-side so Naz had no need to go up in weight...Floyd did offer a compromise of a catchweight meaning Naz gained two pounds and Floyd cut two pounds but Naz declined and im cool with that...

    He had Morales and Barrera in his division and he went on to fight Barrera instead which is more than fine...anyone who suggests Naz 'ducked' Floyd is chatting rubbish...but unfortunately thats a popular version now...

    As for the fight itself...prime Floyd would have beaten Naz...its just a shame we never got to see it...even if Naz had taken the option to fight Floyd it wasn't the prime version at the time...
    @Prime Floyd beating Nas

    Maybe and Floyd can take a good shot but Nas power was unreal, it would have been interesting to see how he would have dealt with those lefts when hit flush.

  10. #730
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Man this Floyd Cheerleading is next level, shaykh your so insecure about him that you state reasons to suggest his cowardice then argue against those points with yourself hillarious

  11. #731
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Also how convinient that you are yet to give us your thoughte on Brook fighting Frankie Gavin mr.Shaykh

    See what I mean when it comes to *********, shakyh is the floyd of this thread in that regard

  12. #732
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Also how convinient that you are yet to give us your thoughte on Brook fighting Frankie Gavin mr.Shaykh

    See what I mean when it comes to *********, shakyh is the floyd of this thread in that regard
    lol what an idiot...you do realise my Naz post DEFENDED Naz...its conventional opinion that Naz ducked Floyd...im saying he didnt...but by your reckoning i think we can say he did...

    Mayweather had just beaten Corrales...wanted to fight Naz...Naz declined cos he didnt wanna go up in weight...now why are you defending this?...Mayweather was a bigger scalp than Barrera...Floyd even offered a catchweight and Naz declined...why are you defending this?...

    This is where your blind hatred comes through...Floyd doesnt jump up two weight classes and hes a coward...Naz doesnt jump up two pounds and thats fine...this fight neednt have been a fantasy matchup...Naz said no...so by your definition isnt this cowardice...

    As for Frankie Gavin...tune-up...Brook is fighting how many times this year?...

    Worth asking you...why Ramadan means Khan cant fight Brook but can fight Floyd ;) ...

  13. #733
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    lol what an idiot...you do realise my Naz post DEFENDED Naz...its conventional opinion that Naz ducked Floyd...im saying he didnt...but by your reckoning i think we can say he did...

    Mayweather had just beaten Corrales...wanted to fight Naz...Naz declined cos he didnt wanna go up in weight...now why are you defending this?...Mayweather was a bigger scalp than Barrera...Floyd even offered a catchweight and Naz declined...why are you defending this?...

    This is where your blind hatred comes through...Floyd doesnt jump up two weight classes and hes a coward...Naz doesnt jump up two pounds and thats fine...this fight neednt have been a fantasy matchup...Naz said no...so by your definition isnt this cowardice...

    As for Frankie Gavin...tune-up...Brook is fighting how many times this year?...

    Worth asking you...why Ramadan means Khan cant fight Brook but can fight Floyd ;) ...
    Why are you getting all personal for just because you like to kiss someone's **** so typical of you and chatting through your backside, your post would make good toilet paper because what on Earth are you talking about explain to me? what is this garbage about Nas, what exactly are you responding to which I have said???? have you gone full ****** or just butt hurt after your ********* was exposed?

    As I have said before you have this knack of arguing with yourself, have you lost your mind?

    As I've said again and again Floyd's cowardice is justified this time round but you're still crying, the only one that is the biggest blind hater and closet racist is you; I've see you discriminate against Khan because you don't like "*****" whilst making the most outrageous assumptions as far as his career is concerned, you wouldn't be calling it a tune up if Khan fought Gavin this is where you are exposed for being a big fan boy.

    Floyd is the bigger fight then Brook or are you really that thick Brook >>> Floyd now? you can't decide between who you want to get in bed with?
    Last edited by shaz619; 10th June 2015 at 12:35.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  14. #734
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Why are you getting all personal for just because you like to kiss someone's **** so typical of you and chatting through your backside, your post would make good toilet paper because what on Earth are you talking about explain to me? what is this garbage about Nas, what exactly are you responding to which I have said???? have you gone full ****** or just butt hurt after your ********* was exposed?

    As I have said before you have this knack of arguing with yourself, have you lost your mind?

    As I've said again and again Floyd's cowardice is justified this time round but you're still crying, the only one that is the biggest blind hater and closet racist is you; I've see you discriminate against Khan because you don't like "*****" whilst making the most outrageous assumptions as far as his career is concerned, you wouldn't be calling it a tune up if Khan fought Gavin this is where you are exposed for being a big fan boy.

    Floyd is the bigger fight then Brook or are you really that thick Brook >>> Floyd now? you can't decide between who you want to get in bed with?
    Lol im the racist yet you make comments about the 'mixed race' Brook ...

    The comment about Ramadan is that Khan said flat out that no fight with Brook can happen because of Ramadan...yet he can fight Floyd...

    If i say i cant fight someone cos im injured but then offer to fight someone else then my excuse is ** obviously...

    As for Naz...here are two simple questions...

    Is Naz a coward for not fighting Floyd?...
    Is Naz a coward for not going up two weight divisions and fighting Sugar Shane?...

  15. #735
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    Lol im the racist yet you make comments about the 'mixed race' Brook ...

    The comment about Ramadan is that Khan said flat out that no fight with Brook can happen because of Ramadan...yet he can fight Floyd...

    If i say i cant fight someone cos im injured but then offer to fight someone else then my excuse is ** obviously...

    As for Naz...here are two simple questions...

    Is Naz a coward for not fighting Floyd?...
    Is Naz a coward for not going up two weight divisions and fighting Sugar Shane?...
    I implied your racism given your favouritism towards mixed raced fighters, I see through people like you I know what you think of Brit Pakistanis....

    What's the point of your random comment that doesn't even make any sense what are you trying to say? it's quiet obvious we all know by now that Khan wants to fight floyd next or have you been sleeping for the last year or so

    I've already said Floyd's cowardice is justified this time round so what else do you want I can't kiss Floyd's backside if that's what you desire.....As far as Nas is concerned you've already outlined the answers to those questions, besides he doesn't really have the skill of Floyd to counter the advantage of his opponent in weight. What's all this ** about two div jump anyway? from memory, Floyd has a belt at jr middleweight right? you've already said ohhh the legendary Floyd has wins over the 500 pound Canelo and Cotto yet hypocritically playdown him having a chance against GGG; I know you're high of his crack as you are with Brook so you don't think straight when it comes to your fav fighters but irrespective of the weight you can't tell me Floyd wouldn't be the favourite in a fight against GGG, you have to disagree with me to justify his cowardice


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  16. #736
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    In other news; Amir Khan has been awarded the Sitare-Imtiaz, the highest civilian award in Pakistan for his contribution to sport and charity. Watch all these guys burn from inside in this thread now, only if Floyd was recognised for his charitable contribution to helping prevent domestic violence against women


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  17. #737
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @shaykh cusses Khan for pursing Floyd Mayweather instead of facing a legenday P4P Brook Brook (that has fought no no dan and frankie after winning a world title), not only that the same Brook that has fought tomato can after tomato can accumulating one of the worst records in the history of British Boxing.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  18. #738
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    I implied your racism given your favouritism towards mixed raced fighters, I see through people like you I know what you think of Brit Pakistanis....

    What's the point of your random comment that doesn't even make any sense what are you trying to say? it's quiet obvious we all know by now that Khan wants to fight floyd next or have you been sleeping for the last year or so

    I've already said Floyd's cowardice is justified this time round so what else do you want I can't kiss Floyd's backside if that's what you desire.....As far as Nas is concerned you've already outlined the answers to those questions, besides he doesn't really have the skill of Floyd to counter the advantage of his opponent in weight. What's all this ** about two div jump anyway? from memory, Floyd has a belt at jr middleweight right? you've already said ohhh the legendary Floyd has wins over the 500 pound Canelo and Cotto yet hypocritically playdown him having a chance against GGG; I know you're high of his crack as you are with Brook so you don't think straight when it comes to your fav fighters but irrespective of the weight you can't tell me Floyd wouldn't be the favourite in a fight against GGG, you have to disagree with me to justify his cowardice
    Lol what bakwaas...

    I have not stated anywhere that Khan should pick Brook over Floyd...I have stated that Khans excuse for not fighting Brook was **...if he says I wanna fight Floyd instead that makes sense...saying I can't fight cos im fasting is obviously nonsense...

    As someone who is partly Brit Pakistani I guess im self hating then ...its getting a little tedious btw...if youre going to accuse me of racism then produce a quote or something...apparently not rating Khan = racism ...

    You call it cowardice and this is what im calling you out on...its not cowardice at all...Manny says he wont fight again at 154...is he a coward?...was GGG a coward for not going up to 168 when Ward called him out?...

    Your Canelo example is pathetic...Canelo fights at 154...tell me when GGG has fought at 154...and if you recall you were saying that Floyd should fight at 160...not 154...go up the page and read your **...its there for everyone to see...

    My position is quite clear...you cant be called a coward for not fighting people outside your weight division...and im making that defence for plenty of fighters...

    GGG funnily enough should get your scorn cos he hasnt actually fought at a single weight other than middleweight...

  19. #739
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    Lol what bakwaas...

    I have not stated anywhere that Khan should pick Brook over Floyd...I have stated that Khans excuse for not fighting Brook was **...if he says I wanna fight Floyd instead that makes sense...saying I can't fight cos im fasting is obviously nonsense...

    As someone who is partly Brit Pakistani I guess im self hating then ...its getting a little tedious btw...if youre going to accuse me of racism then produce a quote or something...apparently not rating Khan = racism ...

    You call it cowardice and this is what im calling you out on...its not cowardice at all...Manny says he wont fight again at 154...is he a coward?...was GGG a coward for not going up to 168 when Ward called him out?...

    Your Canelo example is pathetic...Canelo fights at 154...tell me when GGG has fought at 154...and if you recall you were saying that Floyd should fight at 160...not 154...go up the page and read your **...its there for everyone to see...

    My position is quite clear...you cant be called a coward for not fighting people outside your weight division...and im making that defence for plenty of fighters...

    GGG funnily enough should get your scorn cos he hasnt actually fought at a single weight other than middleweight...
    But he wants Floyd next though; we all know that's the main reason does anything else really matter....

    You'd be surprised there are many Brit Pakistans that actually hate themselves and suck up to people of other races whilst discriminating against their own. Okay you're not racist but am getting certain dodgy vibes from you, the kind you get from those uncle tom like dudes.

    I said the cowardice is justified? what is your issue?

    You know when you make various comments and suggest what I've said is ** could you specifically quote that instead of saying it's up there in the thread because all you are doing is making assumptions/throwing words in my mouth to justify your point of view.

    Canelo has fought at 154, GGG has not, what are you trying to say I don't know?

    Again based on your position his cowardice is justified I can't argue with that but you've basically ignored all the things I've said about Floyd in the post you just quoted.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  20. #740
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    But he wants Floyd next though; we all know that's the main reason does anything else really matter....

    You'd be surprised there are many Brit Pakistans that actually hate themselves and suck up to people of other races whilst discriminating against their own. Okay you're not racist but am getting certain dodgy vibes from you, the kind you get from those uncle tom like dudes.

    I said the cowardice is justified? what is your issue?

    You know when you make various comments and suggest what I've said is ** could you specifically quote that instead of saying it's up there in the thread because all you are doing is making assumptions/throwing words in my mouth to justify your point of view.

    Canelo has fought at 154, GGG has not, what are you trying to say I don't know?

    Again based on your position his cowardice is justified I can't argue with that but you've basically ignored all the things I've said about Floyd in the post you just quoted.
    Lol Uncle Tom vibes...interesting...dont know how you reconcile that with the fact that I like and defend the very brown and more Islamic Naz...

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...my-heroes.html

    Its funny then that you would call me the uncle Tom when i called Amir a dick for 'supporting our soldiers'...i do wonder how Islamic people reconcile supporting Amir Khan the person when he supports the War on Terror...

    Hes a fool who happens to be Pakistani so he gets hate...not the other way around...what did you think of his brothers behaviour at the Commonwealth games?...again i find it odd how anyone who calls themselves a Pakistani can cheer on his brother...

    My issue is calling it cowardice...its nothing of the sort...

    Floyd fought Canelo at 154 cos Canelo fights at 154...GGG doesnt fight at 154 this is the point...

  21. #741
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    Lol Uncle Tom vibes...interesting...dont know how you reconcile that with the fact that I like and defend the very brown and more Islamic Naz...

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...my-heroes.html

    Its funny then that you would call me the uncle Tom when i called Amir a dick for 'supporting our soldiers'...i do wonder how Islamic people reconcile supporting Amir Khan the person when he supports the War on Terror...

    Hes a fool who happens to be Pakistani so he gets hate...not the other way around...what did you think of his brothers behaviour at the Commonwealth games?...again i find it odd how anyone who calls themselves a Pakistani can cheer on his brother...

    My issue is calling it cowardice...its nothing of the sort...

    Floyd fought Canelo at 154 cos Canelo fights at 154...GGG doesnt fight at 154 this is the point...
    Naz use to behave like a total clown, heard he use to drink Alchohol, party and was promiscuous. But his fans never called him out on his Islamic beliefs, people (whites and asians) just want to see Pakistanis get knocked out and have a weird abject hatred out of jealousy or whatever. Khan is just confident when it comes to some of the statements he comes out with but why does he deserve hate for that and what did he do to be called a fool; besides Manny I don't know of a boxer that is so committed to helping disadvantaged people in his community, in the UK and around the world. Not being a fan of him as a boxer is all cool but I don't really understand the weird fetish people have for hating on the guy and refusing to give him credit where it's due.

    I don't remember that but he must have been high when he said it because recently he has stated that he has no affiliation to any of the party's in the UK (including those who support war on terror) if he was so cold hearted he wouldn't help people that have had to suffer because of that very war on terror you speak off.

    Oh, I think he's a coward in general. But yeah I can't really call him out on not facing GGG when you look at the scenario on paper but am disappointed because like many feel he would genuinely be the favourite going into that fight irrespective of the weight.

    And tbh GGG is yet to fight someone decent, the hype is there because of his technique and power. But not someone to lose sleep over just yet, so I guess from that perspective it's not a big deal if Floyd doesn't face him but it's a fight he could win.
    Last edited by shaz619; 10th June 2015 at 19:21.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  22. #742
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    What did Haroon Khan do at the commonwealth games?


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  23. #743
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Naz use to behave like a total clown, heard he use to drink Alchohol, party and was promiscuous. But his fans never called him out on his Islamic beliefs, people (whites and asians) just want to see Pakistanis get knocked out and have a weird abject hatred out of jealousy or whatever. Khan is just confident when it comes to some of the statements he comes out with but why does he deserve hate for that and what did he do to be called a fool; besides Manny I don't know of a boxer that is so committed to helping disadvantaged people in his community, in the UK and around the world. Not being a fan of him as a boxer is all cool but I don't really understand the weird fetish people have for hating on the guy and refusing to give him credit where it's due.

    I don't remember that but he must have been high when he said it because recently he has stated that he has no affiliation to any of the party's in the UK (including those who support war on terror) if he was so cold hearted he wouldn't help people that have had to suffer because of that very war on terror you speak off.

    Oh, I think he's a coward in general. But yeah I can't really call him out on not facing GGG when you look at the scenario on paper but am disappointed because like many feel he would genuinely be the favourite going into that fight irrespective of the weight.

    And tbh GGG is yet to fight someone decent, the hype is there because of his technique and power. But not someone to lose sleep over just yet, so I guess from that perspective it's not a big deal if Floyd doesn't face him but it's a fight he could win.
    Same as Khan really...nothing special here...they are celebs...people expecting these guys to be Islamic role models are kidding themselves...Naz and Khan are victims of racism definitely but also their attitudes rubbed people the wrong way...evidently Khans bothers me while Naz not so...

    Tbf on the charity front and this has nothing to do with Khan this is my position generally...when you have millions of pounds and you give to charity whats the big deal...celebs get a lot of love for doing things many people would do in their position...and tbf and this may be the cynic in me...people that give charity 'publically' are publicity hounds...if you're gonna donate then donate...why do you need to tell the whole world you're doing something...

    One of my bosses was big on this...she helped the disadvantaged and relished every photo op...nothing remotely sincere...and solely about developing her public character...this isnt accusing Khan of doing the same...but the fact hes got people speaking about how much he gives to charity shows how its useful to his public image...

    As for the War on Terror thing...this was Khan being 'British'...and it was a reaction to Muslims in Britain criticising British soldiers...it was him trying to be accepted by white english folk...hence the irony of you calling me an Uncle Tom when my political leanings are quite clearly anti British ...

    Fair point on GGG...but like I said they are in different divisions...Froch V GGG we can talk about cos GGG can actually make that weight...asking Floyd to go any further than 154 is unreasonable...154 was a stretch...even Manny didnt do that against Margarito...and I have not an iota of criticism for Manny on that count...its debatable whether hes even a 147lber...

  24. #744
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    What did Haroon Khan do at the commonwealth games?
    He didnt qualify to make the British team so in spite joined the Pakistan team...after each fight he won...he started telling the British selectors what a mistake they had made and emphasising what they were missing...he didnt express his pride of representing Pakistan at any point...he joined the team just so he could get at Britain...think of it as a dude whose chick locks him off...he gets with another girl and spends all his time telling his ex what shes missing...id say its pretty disrespectful to his current girl...even when Haroon won his medal...he said something along the lines of this could have been a medal for Britain...the guy is **** pure and simple...

  25. #745
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    542
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy shaz is now launching personal attacks on Naz in order to big up Khan. This is why Khan fans are so irrational and lack objectivity. The fact of the matter is Floyd will school and embarrass Khan if they ever meet but I expect you to have excuses ready after you and you boi Khan get humiliated.

  26. #746
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As a Pakistani dont you find this pathetic?

    Khan said: 'This is what I wanted to do - get a medal and beat a lad from the Great Britain podium squad. I've done that and proved them wrong. It [beating a Briton] is more important than the medal.'

    My hand was lifted and I'm just so proud. My job was to come here and prove the selectors wrong and I've done that. I've got a medal at 52kg and the British lad hasn't got it. I wanted a medal to prove I'm good enough and I've done that.'

    "I think I've proved my point to the selectors. There wasn't a British boxer in my category in the semi-finals. I would love to see the selectors now. I should have won that medal for England."

    This was after he won his bronze...try and find the word Pakistan in any of his post fight comments ;) ...

  27. #747
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShahKhan007 View Post
    This guy shaz is now launching personal attacks on Naz in order to big up Khan. This is why Khan fans are so irrational and lack objectivity. The fact of the matter is Floyd will school and embarrass Khan if they ever meet but I expect you to have excuses ready after you and you boi Khan get humiliated.
    Tbh I don't think Shaz has said anywhere that he think Floyd loses to Khan...he simply believes he is the most deserving of fighting him...

  28. #748
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    Same as Khan really...nothing special here...they are celebs...people expecting these guys to be Islamic role models are kidding themselves...Naz and Khan are victims of racism definitely but also their attitudes rubbed people the wrong way...evidently Khans bothers me while Naz not so...

    Tbf on the charity front and this has nothing to do with Khan this is my position generally...when you have millions of pounds and you give to charity whats the big deal...celebs get a lot of love for doing things many people would do in their position...and tbf and this may be the cynic in me...people that give charity 'publically' are publicity hounds...if you're gonna donate then donate...why do you need to tell the whole world you're doing something...

    One of my bosses was big on this...she helped the disadvantaged and relished every photo op...nothing remotely sincere...and solely about developing her public character...this isnt accusing Khan of doing the same...but the fact hes got people speaking about how much he gives to charity shows how its useful to his public image...

    As for the War on Terror thing...this was Khan being 'British'...and it was a reaction to Muslims in Britain criticising British soldiers...it was him trying to be accepted by white english folk...hence the irony of you calling me an Uncle Tom when my political leanings are quite clearly anti British ...

    Fair point on GGG...but like I said they are in different divisions...Froch V GGG we can talk about cos GGG can actually make that weight...asking Floyd to go any further than 154 is unreasonable...154 was a stretch...even Manny didnt do that against Margarito...and I have not an iota of criticism for Manny on that count...its debatable whether hes even a 147lber...
    Exactly, I got nothing against Nas or Khan but I was just merely pointing out that Khan gets called out on his Islamic beliefs; no one is perfect. If they call him out for all the haram give credit for the services he has done for humanity. To be fair Nas had his haters to back in the day.

    Look at Floyd for instance, no one is obliged to share their wealth but Khan and Manny have done so to a great extent. It takes a big heart to give no matter what you have. When you're promoting various charity events where you're also encouraging other people to help x,y,z then you ought to be in the public eye also if you're a big name things like that easily get attention. Recently Khan had been helping build School's in Ghana, I only found out after the School sent him a tweet which includes pictures of the kids with pictures/images saying thank you. Sure it helps ones public image but who cares so long as he's doing the good deed, it's like recently some guy in Ameria took a big pay cut to ensure all his staff get a massive increase in salary and everyone was cussing him ohh publicity etc especially on Fox news i mean so what if he got publicity he did a good deed and that's what matters most.

    I understand there are loads of us out there that are charitable under the radar but when you're a big name and you get more recognition for your deeds it's not your fault and there is positivity in that someone out there could follow in your footsteps when it comes to helping others.

    Are you British? well that's just you being human really why do you want recognition for it?

    Am not criticising him and Like I said am not even that hyped for the fight but i genuinely believe he could win the fight if it came to it.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  29. #749
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    He didnt qualify to make the British team so in spite joined the Pakistan team...after each fight he won...he started telling the British selectors what a mistake they had made and emphasising what they were missing...he didnt express his pride of representing Pakistan at any point...he joined the team just so he could get at Britain...think of it as a dude whose chick locks him off...he gets with another girl and spends all his time telling his ex what shes missing...id say its pretty disrespectful to his current girl...even when Haroon won his medal...he said something along the lines of this could have been a medal for Britain...the guy is **** pure and simple...
    He's a Brit, it's quite obvious he has more attachment to Britain then Pakistan. Not selecting him was a farce and he was very angry evidently, but hating on him for that is unnecessary



    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    As a Pakistani dont you find this pathetic?

    Khan said: 'This is what I wanted to do - get a medal and beat a lad from the Great Britain podium squad. I've done that and proved them wrong. It [beating a Briton] is more important than the medal.'

    My hand was lifted and I'm just so proud. My job was to come here and prove the selectors wrong and I've done that. I've got a medal at 52kg and the British lad hasn't got it. I wanted a medal to prove I'm good enough and I've done that.'

    "I think I've proved my point to the selectors. There wasn't a British boxer in my category in the semi-finals. I would love to see the selectors now. I should have won that medal for England."

    This was after he won his bronze...try and find the word Pakistan in any of his post fight comments ;) ...
    Am Brit Pakistani, so I actually agree with Khan it was a joke that the British Boxing Team never selected him given the politics, discrimination etc I understand his anger but I agree that it was a bit disrespectful to Pakistan but at the same time am certain he was chuffed about winning a medal for Pakistan; Brit Pakistanis tend to be overly supportive of their origin and in that case he was glad to have proven team GB wrong, you're making a big deal out of a minor thing


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  30. #750
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Exactly, I got nothing against Nas or Khan but I was just merely pointing out that Khan gets called out on his Islamic beliefs; no one is perfect. If they call him out for all the haram give credit for the services he has done for humanity. To be fair Nas had his haters to back in the day.

    Look at Floyd for instance, no one is obliged to share their wealth but Khan and Manny have done so to a great extent. It takes a big heart to give no matter what you have. When you're promoting various charity events where you're also encouraging other people to help x,y,z then you ought to be in the public eye also if you're a big name things like that easily get attention. Recently Khan had been helping build School's in Ghana, I only found out after the School sent him a tweet which includes pictures of the kids with pictures/images saying thank you. Sure it helps ones public image but who cares so long as he's doing the good deed, it's like recently some guy in Ameria took a big pay cut to ensure all his staff get a massive increase in salary and everyone was cussing him ohh publicity etc especially on Fox news i mean so what if he got publicity he did a good deed and that's what matters most.

    I understand there are loads of us out there that are charitable under the radar but when you're a big name and you get more recognition for your deeds it's not your fault and there is positivity in that someone out there could follow in your footsteps when it comes to helping others.

    Are you British? well that's just you being human really why do you want recognition for it?

    Am not criticising him and Like I said am not even that hyped for the fight but i genuinely believe he could win the fight if it came to it.
    I just find it a bit tasteless when we hear about how much of his purse Manny is donating...the guy is a politician remember ...a lot of African footballers send money back home...develop schools etc...but you dont see that in the paper every five minutes...you're placing Manny and Khan on a pedestal when for all we know there are much bigger donators than them who do it silently...lol for all we know Floyd might donate...its just not something we hear about...the fact that you're crediting Khans services to humanity shows how his public work is beneficial for him...

    I also again think these things are easy if youre rich...i remember a joke this dude told me about rich guys either buying their wives shoes or NGO's ...Diana did wonderful work but it was easy no?...when you have that much disposable income then what difference does it make to you...i just think celebs do things most normal people would do if given the same opportunities...

  31. #751
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShahKhan007 View Post
    This guy shaz is now launching personal attacks on Naz in order to big up Khan. This is why Khan fans are so irrational and lack objectivity. The fact of the matter is Floyd will school and embarrass Khan if they ever meet but I expect you to have excuses ready after you and you boi Khan get humiliated.
    You're lips are yet to be removed from Floyd's backside and god knows where else they have been you don't know the meaning of objectivity, you had to look up on dictionary.com to start using it in your posts when you've not displayed any kind of sense in your posts which are specifically designed to glorify your master. No offence but how old are you?

    This is you
    "Yaaaaayy Floydd the bestest the rested no one can test us money money money hair pulling hoess yayaya I bend over mr money come for me yadah yadah yadah you the greateest bestes

    **Insert Random ** about Khan to support your claims***

    "

    Seriously how old are you?

    Look everybody this is what a real Floyd Mayweather fan is like if you didn't know


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  32. #752
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    I just find it a bit tasteless when we hear about how much of his purse Manny is donating...the guy is a politician remember ...a lot of African footballers send money back home...develop schools etc...but you dont see that in the paper every five minutes...you're placing Manny and Khan on a pedestal when for all we know there are much bigger donators than them who do it silently...lol for all we know Floyd might donate...its just not something we hear about...the fact that you're crediting Khans services to humanity shows how his public work is beneficial for him...

    I also again think these things are easy if youre rich...i remember a joke this dude told me about rich guys either buying their wives shoes or NGO's ...Diana did wonderful work but it was easy no?...when you have that much disposable income then what difference does it make to you...i just think celebs do things most normal people would do if given the same opportunities...
    Manny had been sharing long before he became a politician. It must certainly be helping his public image in the world of politics now though no doubt. Am not saying they are angelic and better then all us in every conceivable way but you know I value people that help other; am not bothered about anything else.

    That's the thing not everyone likes to share; personally I wouldn't help anyone, I'd be like Floyd Mayweather minus the woman beating, maybe they'd beat me up though. I'd be more charitable then him I guess, but why share? am not obliged to it's not something I have to do just because I have loads of money.

    What about Diana? you think she did good or you think it doesn't really matter because she was rich


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  33. #753
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    He's a Brit, it's quite obvious he has more attachment to Britain then Pakistan. Not selecting him was a farce and he was very angry evidently, but hating on him for that is unnecessary





    Am Brit Pakistani, so I actually agree with Khan it was a joke that the British Boxing Team never selected him given the politics, discrimination etc I understand his anger but I agree that it was a bit disrespectful to Pakistan but at the same time am certain he was chuffed about winning a medal for Pakistan; Brit Pakistanis tend to be overly supportive of their origin and in that case he was glad to have proven team GB wrong, you're making a big deal out of a minor thing
    Lol where is the suggestion that he has any pride in representing Pakistan?...not a single comment...try and find one if you like...he represented Pakistan solely cos this was his way of sticking his fingers out at McCracken and the British team...

    "I'd love to see [head coach] Rob McCracken right now and tell him 'look, in your face, I've got a medal and I should have got that medal for England'

    Honestly what of this do you not find disrespectful?...

    And he didnt qualify...nothing to do with politics...just cos of his successful brother he was able to have a voice and act like a spoilt child and make a fool of Pakistan in the process...

  34. #754
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Manny had been sharing long before he became a politician. It must certainly be helping his public image in the world of politics now though no doubt. Am not saying they are angelic and better then all us in every conceivable way but you know I value people that help other; am not bothered about anything else.

    That's the thing not everyone likes to share; personally I wouldn't help anyone, I'd be like Floyd Mayweather minus the woman beating, maybe they'd beat me up though. I'd be more charitable then him I guess, but why share? am not obliged to it's not something I have to do just because I have loads of money.

    What about Diana? you think she did good or you think it doesn't really matter because she was rich
    I'm saying i don't place celebs on a pedestal because they do good things...they aren't special cos they give up a little of their time or money...Diana didn't have to do a 9-5 so she could be that woman...it doesn't mean shes bad...im just saying i dont find it special...

    As for Manny him being a politician makes every donation of his dubious and possibly self serving...his ability to succeed as a politician is down to the image he built for himself prior to politics...philanthropists go into politics all the time...

    My position is quite simple really...with Manny we hear every little nice thing he does...i find that a bit pathetic...

  35. #755
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    Lol where is the suggestion that he has any pride in representing Pakistan?...not a single comment...try and find one if you like...he represented Pakistan solely cos this was his way of sticking his fingers out at McCracken and the British team...

    "I'd love to see [head coach] Rob McCracken right now and tell him 'look, in your face, I've got a medal and I should have got that medal for England'

    Honestly what of this do you not find disrespectful?...

    And he didnt qualify...nothing to do with politics...just cos of his successful brother he was able to have a voice and act like a spoilt child and make a fool of Pakistan in the process...
    In the end only Haroon Khan knows how much it meant to him winning the medal for Pakistan; we can't really open his heart. I can only share with you my experiences of what Brit Pakistanis are like and 99% are very respectful and proud of their origin; it's quite evident when you see the passion of Brit Pakistanis during cricket games involving Pakistan in England.

    Am pretty sure he could still have made the squad yet they overlooked him for various reasons.....he won the medal in the end and they were wrong in not picking him.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  36. #756
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    I'm saying i don't place celebs on a pedestal because they do good things...they aren't special cos they give up a little of their time or money...Diana didn't have to do a 9-5 so she could be that woman...it doesn't mean shes bad...im just saying i dont find it special...

    As for Manny him being a politician makes every donation of his dubious and possibly self serving...his ability to succeed as a politician is down to the image he built for himself prior to politics...philanthropists go into politics all the time...

    My position is quite simple really...with Manny we hear every little nice thing he does...i find that a bit pathetic...
    Fair enough I guess but not everyone was born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

    He's done quite a bit for his country though, if anything someone who came from nothing would best serve them in the long run or no? I suppose that does become irrelevant if you lack knowledge but if your heart is in the right place it's a start in a world full of corruption with most people in it for themselves then anything. Manny doesn't really need to be a politician, but he wants to help people.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  37. #757
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    In the end only Haroon Khan knows how much it meant to him winning the medal for Pakistan; we can't really open his heart. I can only share with you my experiences of what Brit Pakistanis are like and 99% are very respectful and proud of their origin; it's quite evident when you see the passion of Brit Pakistanis during cricket games involving Pakistan in England.

    Am pretty sure he could still have made the squad yet they overlooked him for various reasons.....he won the medal in the end and they were wrong in not picking him.
    Im not even nationalistic but if I represented Pakistan id actually mention the fact that i was representing them and show a little pride...fact is we cant look into Haroons heart but we can judge his statements and his quotes are disgusting tbh...his only reason to represent Pakistan was cos he could qualify for that team...honestly so many things he could have said 'im delighted to have won this bronze for Pakistan'...but instead we got all those quotes...i do think your defending the indefensible here...you're talking about British Pakistanis feeling pride about Pakistan which i agree with...and 99.9% wouldnt have behaved liked Haroon Khan did...

  38. #758
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Fair enough I guess but not everyone was born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

    He's done quite a bit for his country though, if anything someone who came from nothing would best serve them in the long run or no? I suppose that does become irrelevant if you lack knowledge but if your heart is in the right place it's a start in a world full of corruption with most people in it for themselves then anything. Manny doesn't really need to be a politician, but he wants to help people.
    Thats a reach bro...in this case i'll go with your 'we cant see into their heart' idea...maybe he does wanna help...maybe he likes the idea of power...politics is a career...this notion of helping people is a romantic notion not a realistic one...but like ive said im a cynic who has never voted and never plans to...

    On Manny and politics though as a typical politician he shows himself to be a hypocrite...his own wife said openly that she wants no more children and therefore her and Manny use contraception...this faux pas occurred whilst Manny was campaigning against contraception and their immorality...

  39. #759
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    Im not even nationalistic but if I represented Pakistan id actually mention the fact that i was representing them and show a little pride...fact is we cant look into Haroons heart but we can judge his statements and his quotes are disgusting tbh...his only reason to represent Pakistan was cos he could qualify for that team...honestly so many things he could have said 'im delighted to have won this bronze for Pakistan'...but instead we got all those quotes...i do think your defending the indefensible here...you're talking about British Pakistanis feeling pride about Pakistan which i agree with...and 99.9% wouldnt have behaved liked Haroon Khan did...
    He wouldn't say that because he's British and probably wouldn't be a popular thing to say and returning to his place of Birth. I don't think Lennox Lewis has praised Canada after winning the medal and in an interview I just digged up he stated he's always been British etc. But agree it would have been nice to have said something like "I hope the people of Pakistan enjoy this win" but even then a comment like that would cause a big backlash in britain; people already hate his brothers guts. Anyway I've just searched some articles during the 2010 period and your judgement based on his statements are justified; however as a Brit Pakistani myself it's hard for me to accept that he doesn't have any kind of respect for his origin.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  40. #760
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    Thats a reach bro...in this case i'll go with your 'we cant see into their heart' idea...maybe he does wanna help...maybe he likes the idea of power...politics is a career...this notion of helping people is a romantic notion not a realistic one...but like ive said im a cynic who has never voted and never plans to...

    On Manny and politics though as a typical politician he shows himself to be a hypocrite...his own wife said openly that she wants no more children and therefore her and Manny use contraception...this faux pas occurred whilst Manny was campaigning against contraception and their immorality...
    I guess it works both ways so will have to agree with you on that but will continue to believe he's a good guy with genuine intentions given that there's nothing in it for him imo although you could be right with the whole lust for power thing; I voted this year and regret it big time.

    He's a hardcore Christian now don't think they advocate contraception; that's sad, a man shouldn't be able to dictate how many children his wife has. He's not going to go through the pain of birth. However I don't know the reality of Manny's relationship with his wife and they seem quiet happy as of late.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  41. #761
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    I guess it works both ways so will have to agree with you on that but will continue to believe he's a good guy with genuine intentions given that there's nothing in it for him imo although you could be right with the whole lust for power thing; I voted this year and regret it big time.

    He's a hardcore Christian now don't think they advocate contraception; that's sad, a man shouldn't be able to dictate how many children his wife has. He's not going to go through the pain of birth. However I don't know the reality of Manny's relationship with his wife and they seem quiet happy as of late.
    But but that hardcore Christian stuff is for everyone else...Jhinki said outright that there is no way shes giving up contraception...so shes the one wearing the trousers anyway ...

    People underestimate lust for power...its an overriding motivation in many cases imo...

  42. #762
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    He wouldn't say that because he's British and probably wouldn't be a popular thing to say and returning to his place of Birth. I don't think Lennox Lewis has praised Canada after winning the medal and in an interview I just digged up he stated he's always been British etc. But agree it would have been nice to have said something like "I hope the people of Pakistan enjoy this win" but even then a comment like that would cause a big backlash in britain; people already hate his brothers guts. Anyway I've just searched some articles during the 2010 period and your judgement based on his statements are justified; however as a Brit Pakistani myself it's hard for me to accept that he doesn't have any kind of respect for his origin.
    Loool bro cmon...do you think his actual statements endeared him to the British public?...i doubt he thought 'If i mention Pakistan they will hate me'...everyone thought he was a dick for his actual statements...

    And his actions were completely disrespectful of his origin...he used his origin as a means to insult his country of birth...you have read his statements and frankly its a real shame that Pakistanis who actually wanted to represent their country lost their spot on the team cos of this guy...

  43. #763
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    But but that hardcore Christian stuff is for everyone else...Jhinki said outright that there is no way shes giving up contraception...so shes the one wearing the trousers anyway ...

    People underestimate lust for power...its an overriding motivation in many cases imo...
    She must be plus he cheated on her apparently so he ought to be in her good books.

    It is; Imran Khan comes to mind. Don't know what to make of his tenure in politics which is pretty much over so perhaps it was all for the idea of claiming power which blinded him with greed even if he had set out to do good in the first place. That or you've been watching too much House of Cards


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  44. #764
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    Loool bro cmon...do you think his actual statements endeared him to the British public?...i doubt he thought 'If i mention Pakistan they will hate me'...everyone thought he was a dick for his actual statements...

    And his actions were completely disrespectful of his origin...he used his origin as a means to insult his country of birth...you have read his statements and frankly its a real shame that Pakistanis who actually wanted to represent their country lost their spot on the team cos of this guy...
    Certainly agree with that; but in the end he won them a medal which they would never have. Like I said his loyalty was obviously with Britian don't know what you expected from him? even Lewis didn't praise Canada what do you make of that?


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  45. #765
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Certainly agree with that; but in the end he won them a medal which they would never have. Like I said his loyalty was obviously with Britian don't know what you expected from him? even Lewis didn't praise Canada what do you make of that?
    Its really not a like for like example...Lennox was an Englishman raised in Canada who won Olympic titles for them...he turned pro and then represented Britain...he didnt criticise Canada when he won...

    Haroon is born and raised in Bolton...didnt qualify for the British team...then decided the only way he could get into the games was to cash in on his Pakistani heritage...won a medal and spent the whole tournament insulting England for rejecting him...

    I don't see how these two are remotely similar...

    As for what I expected from him...not to represent Pakistan...and if he was gonna represent Pakistan actually give the impression that that matters...not spend the whole tournament insulting Britain...i really dont think thats an unreasonable expectation ...

  46. #766
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    She must be plus he cheated on her apparently so he ought to be in her good books.

    It is; Imran Khan comes to mind. Don't know what to make of his tenure in politics which is pretty much over so perhaps it was all for the idea of claiming power which blinded him with greed even if he had set out to do good in the first place. That or you've been watching too much House of Cards
    Haha you know it...

  47. #767
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    7,802
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    As a Pakistani dont you find this pathetic?

    Khan said: 'This is what I wanted to do - get a medal and beat a lad from the Great Britain podium squad. I've done that and proved them wrong. It [beating a Briton] is more important than the medal.'

    My hand was lifted and I'm just so proud. My job was to come here and prove the selectors wrong and I've done that. I've got a medal at 52kg and the British lad hasn't got it. I wanted a medal to prove I'm good enough and I've done that.'

    "I think I've proved my point to the selectors. There wasn't a British boxer in my category in the semi-finals. I would love to see the selectors now. I should have won that medal for England."

    This was after he won his bronze...try and find the word Pakistan in any of his post fight comments ;) ...
    Never like Haroon Khan, but I like Amir.

  48. #768
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    102,274
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    watch out for an absolute war on saturday when Miguel Marriaga takes on Nicholas Walters.

    Marriaga has won all 20 of his fights with 18 by KO, walters has won all 25 fights with 21 by KO, Marriaga also beat Walters in the amateurs. So someone will be getting knocked out on saturday night. Walters is a hard hitter but donaire did show that walters can be rocked if hes tagged!

    The featherweight division is so excting with champions like Vasyl Lomachenko, Walters, Selby and Gary Russel Jnr all as champs the scope for exciting fights is imense. id rate Vasyl Lomachenko as the best out of thr 4 fighters/

    Bob arum states he wants walters to fight Vasyl Lomachenko next if he win his fight on saturday.

  49. #769
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    watch out for an absolute war on saturday when Miguel Marriaga takes on Nicholas Walters.

    Marriaga has won all 20 of his fights with 18 by KO, walters has won all 25 fights with 21 by KO, Marriaga also beat Walters in the amateurs. So someone will be getting knocked out on saturday night. Walters is a hard hitter but donaire did show that walters can be rocked if hes tagged!

    The featherweight division is so excting with champions like Vasyl Lomachenko, Walters, Selby and Gary Russel Jnr all as champs the scope for exciting fights is imense. id rate Vasyl Lomachenko as the best out of thr 4 fighters/

    Bob arum states he wants walters to fight Vasyl Lomachenko next if he win his fight on saturday.
    It's not on sky sports and it's too bloody expensive on box nation; 12 quid for the month but they don't really have any interesting fights coming up in the next few weeks barring Bradley v Vargas. Wilder is fighting on the weekend to, will watch it on sky sports


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  50. #770
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    Its really not a like for like example...Lennox was an Englishman raised in Canada who won Olympic titles for them...he turned pro and then represented Britain...he didnt criticise Canada when he won...

    Haroon is born and raised in Bolton...didnt qualify for the British team...then decided the only way he could get into the games was to cash in on his Pakistani heritage...won a medal and spent the whole tournament insulting England for rejecting him...

    I don't see how these two are remotely similar...

    As for what I expected from him...not to represent Pakistan...and if he was gonna represent Pakistan actually give the impression that that matters...not spend the whole tournament insulting Britain...i really dont think thats an unreasonable expectation ...
    Haroon hasn't criticised Pakistan, Canadians have actually been upset by how Lewis has not acknowledged them in any capacity when he has been questioned about his allegiance to Canada has stated he's always been British....Khan went on a rant at the British Boxing team for not selecting him but has not criticised Pakistan. Canadians have actually been angry with Lewis; don't really think Pakistanis are that bothered about all of this.

    But I don't think he should have been allowed to represent Pakistan in the first place


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  51. #771
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    542
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Haroon hasn't criticised Pakistan, Canadians have actually been upset by how Lewis has not acknowledged them in any capacity when he has been questioned about his allegiance to Canada has stated he's always been British....Khan went on a rant at the British Boxing team for not selecting him but has not criticised Pakistan. Canadians have actually been angry with Lewis; don't really think Pakistanis are that bothered about all of this.

    But I don't think he should have been allowed to represent Pakistan in the first place
    So now you are an expert on Canadian affairs? Stop the lies and misinformation in order to defend your boi Amir brother. You are embarrassing yourself. Nobody in Canada cares who Lewis represented after he turned pro. Expept in Quebec you will hardly find too many boxing fans in the rest of Canada to begin with. You have hit a new low, what Haroon did was disgrace and only a lunatic would defend his actions.

  52. #772
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    542
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    watch out for an absolute war on saturday when Miguel Marriaga takes on Nicholas Walters.

    Marriaga has won all 20 of his fights with 18 by KO, walters has won all 25 fights with 21 by KO, Marriaga also beat Walters in the amateurs. So someone will be getting knocked out on saturday night. Walters is a hard hitter but donaire did show that walters can be rocked if hes tagged!

    The featherweight division is so excting with champions like Vasyl Lomachenko, Walters, Selby and Gary Russel Jnr all as champs the scope for exciting fights is imense. id rate Vasyl Lomachenko as the best out of thr 4 fighters/

    Bob arum states he wants walters to fight Vasyl Lomachenko next if he win his fight on saturday.
    Arum is looking to have the Lomachenko vs Walter bout (if Walter wins this) in Dubai. It will be a very good card if it happens. The winner of Bradley vs Vargas would also take on Sadam Ali in that event

  53. #773
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShahKhan007 View Post
    So now you are an expert on Canadian affairs? Stop the lies and misinformation in order to defend your boi Amir brother. You are embarrassing yourself. Nobody in Canada cares who Lewis represented after he turned pro. Expept in Quebec you will hardly find too many boxing fans in the rest of Canada to begin with. You have hit a new low, what Haroon did was disgrace and only a lunatic would defend his actions.
    Am quite well informed actually unlike you:

    http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/...lty-to-britain

    Lewis must have been high during that interview right? never have I come across a bigger idiot then you, you dug a hole for yourself given your bias without having researched what I had posted; typical FANTARD that will lie and chat through his backside to please his lover boy Floyd. And what's this ** about Amir, it is Haroon we are speaking of have you lost your mind, you shouldn't attempt to engage in any kind of a discussion because you make yourself look like a complete embarrassment and a big disgrace in this thread, you should go back to cheer leading for floyd "yaaaay money money money bestest restes test us greatest come to me floyd kiss kiss i am at 90 degrees come floyd yaya you the greatest bestest" seriously how old are you?

    And I know that my posts are beyond your narrow mind so I'll let shaykh respond to them because you don't have the ability to take part in this argument, sorry "boi"


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  54. #774
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    542
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Am quite well informed actually unlike you:

    http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/...lty-to-britain

    Lewis must have been high during that interview right? never have I come across a bigger idiot then you, you dug a hole for yourself given your bias without having researched what I had posted; typical FANTARD that will lie and chat through his backside to please his lover boy Floyd. And what's this ** about Amir, it is Haroon we are speaking of have you lost your mind, you shouldn't attempt to engage in any kind of a discussion because you make yourself look like a complete embarrassment and a big disgrace in this thread, you should go back to cheer leading for floyd "yaaaay money money money bestest restes test us greatest come to me floyd kiss kiss i am at 90 degrees come floyd yaya you the greatest bestest" seriously how old are you?

    And I know that my posts are beyond your narrow mind so I'll let shaykh respond to them because you don't have the ability to take part in this argument, sorry "boi"
    So out of desperation you google a random 17 year old article which if you had read had nothing to do with Canadian reaction. Your anguish to defend Haroon or more precisely Khan's little brother has reached new heights

  55. #775
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShahKhan007 View Post
    So out of desperation you google a random 17 year old article which if you had read had nothing to do with Canadian reaction. Your anguish to defend Haroon or more precisely Khan's little brother has reached new heights
    Am not trying to prove anything to you out of desperation, you are an idiot by nature and we've seen the extent to your great intelligence so before replying to shaykhs post (you're just too dopey to warrant any kind of discussion tbh) I had read that before making the comment about Canadians being angry at Lewis having not acknowledged them which was clearly stated in the article had your dopey brain even bothered to read it and sure the interview is of little significance now because it doesn't agree with your lies just because it was 17 years ago does that mean your old man was being interviewed in stead of Lewis? The only one who is desperate is you, desperate to get in the shower with Floyd Your obsessions with the Khan's is also weird, did they beat you up? that would explain the damage done to your brain


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  56. #776
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    542
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carl Froch really laying into Khan. This is what Froch had to say ""I don't think he's good enough. You can't put somebody like Khan, who's been beaten by three people, up against Mayweather. He got knocked out by Prescott and Garcia and Peterson had him down. If you're losing to that level of fighter, you can't put him up against Floyd Mayweather and expect him to win". Hard to argue with one Britain's best.

  57. #777
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Froch has a bitter rivarly with Khan he's always been jealous that Amir is the bigger star in the UK and has earned more $$$$$ then him, in the past they've cussed each other over twitter to so it's absolute no surprise whatsoever that he is making such comments about Khan and I'd value them if he had the capacity to not let his personal feelings get in the way of making a point. Am not advocating Khan beating Mayweather but if we want to play that game, Paulie Malignagi and Johnny Nelson believe Khan will cause Money serious problems. Khan got knocked out by prescott at the domestic level but he redeemed himself by cleaning up the light welter division before losing to the ring magazine champion garcia after losing his mind over comments made by garcia's father in a fight he should have won in a wide points victory. Based on Khan's resume he deserves the fight against Floyd more then any other fighter out there and he'd atleast make the fight interesting for a round or two with his speed because Floyd is just going to hold and Jab on the backfoot. Even then we may get to see Floyd knock Amir out or score a couple of knockdowns which would unusually make a floyd fight exciting.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  58. #778
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Johnny Nelson believes Floyd will avoid Amir because it's a fight too risky for him and that Kell Brook is more likely to nail the big fight against Floyd.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  59. #779
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Yaaaay time for me to be a cheer leader for Nelson's comments like typical ******* do and treat his words like gospel.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  60. #780
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    102,274
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    It's not on sky sports and it's too bloody expensive on box nation; 12 quid for the month but they don't really have any interesting fights coming up in the next few weeks barring Bradley v Vargas. Wilder is fighting on the weekend to, will watch it on sky sports
    I always just look for online streaming sites, there are plenty to find and watch the boxing on, i did the same thing for Kell brook fight rather then been ripped off and paying £20 for box office event.

    Andre ward fights next weekend so his comeback will be worth watching.

  61. #781
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    102,274
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShahKhan007 View Post
    Arum is looking to have the Lomachenko vs Walter bout (if Walter wins this) in Dubai. It will be a very good card if it happens. The winner of Bradley vs Vargas would also take on Sadam Ali in that event
    Not seen sadam Ali box once but he is supposidly highly rated, id expect bradley to beat Vargas with ease.

  62. #782
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Am quite well informed actually unlike you:

    http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/...lty-to-britain

    Lewis must have been high during that interview right? never have I come across a bigger idiot then you, you dug a hole for yourself given your bias without having researched what I had posted; typical FANTARD that will lie and chat through his backside to please his lover boy Floyd. And what's this ** about Amir, it is Haroon we are speaking of have you lost your mind, you shouldn't attempt to engage in any kind of a discussion because you make yourself look like a complete embarrassment and a big disgrace in this thread, you should go back to cheer leading for floyd "yaaaay money money money bestest restes test us greatest come to me floyd kiss kiss i am at 90 degrees come floyd yaya you the greatest bestest" seriously how old are you?

    And I know that my posts are beyond your narrow mind so I'll let shaykh respond to them because you don't have the ability to take part in this argument, sorry "boi"
    I still dont see the comparison...

    Lewis had dual citizenship...he lived in England till he was 12...and he felt British...i presume many Pakistanis who come here in their teens would still feel Pakistani...his comment about his cockney accent is telling because it shows how he was viewed by other Canadians...

    I don't see anything remotely rude about him representing Canada in the Olympics because after all that is where he was based and established his amateur career and then fighting for Britain...hes a dual citizen after all...he didn't join Britain because of any hatred for Canada but simply to further his career...Canadians some might dislike him but Lewis himself has said nor done anything that can be deemed offensive...

    Haroon Khan was born and bred in Bolton...he isnt Pakistani...his parents are...he fought for Britain and didn't qualify...he then applied to represent Pakistan because he could...and then spent the whole process insulting Britain...did he set up shop or fight for Pakistan again?...no...hes back in Bolton, turned pro as a British fighter...i really see no comparison at all...

  63. #783
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Not seen sadam Ali box once but he is supposidly highly rated, id expect bradley to beat Vargas with ease.
    I was unsure of Sadam until I saw him batter Abregu...Abregu imo is a good fighter so to have done what he did took skills...Sadam isnt to be slept on...

  64. #784
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Froch has a bitter rivarly with Khan he's always been jealous that Amir is the bigger star in the UK and has earned more $$$$$ then him, in the past they've cussed each other over twitter to so it's absolute no surprise whatsoever that he is making such comments about Khan and I'd value them if he had the capacity to not let his personal feelings get in the way of making a point. Am not advocating Khan beating Mayweather but if we want to play that game, Paulie Malignagi and Johnny Nelson believe Khan will cause Money serious problems. Khan got knocked out by prescott at the domestic level but he redeemed himself by cleaning up the light welter division before losing to the ring magazine champion garcia after losing his mind over comments made by garcia's father in a fight he should have won in a wide points victory. Based on Khan's resume he deserves the fight against Floyd more then any other fighter out there and he'd atleast make the fight interesting for a round or two with his speed because Floyd is just going to hold and Jab on the backfoot. Even then we may get to see Floyd knock Amir out or score a couple of knockdowns which would unusually make a floyd fight exciting.
    This is actually true...but where Khan went wrong was to equate being a bigger star with being better...his fans did the same...I think we can accept that p4p Froch is the better fighter...

  65. #785
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Currently Froch is deemed inactive so Boxrec dont have him ranked...but here is the top 10 British p4p on Boxrec...thoughts?...

    1 Brook
    2 Amir
    3 Frampton
    4 Fury
    5 De Gale
    6 Quigg
    7 Selby
    8 Groves
    9 Eubank Jr
    10 Murray

    Joshua is gonna shoot up this list soon...I know Eubank Jr beat Chudinov but it seems harsh than Billy Joe Saunders is ranked so low...I would have thought he would have dislodged Murray at least...

    Groves would have been up there but has done nothing post Froch...

    Selby got a good win against Gradovich...hes in a tough division though...be interesting to see how much further he goes...

    Quiggs hype train has fallen...and id think most would pick Frampton to beat him...Quigg fights Martinez next which is a legit fight in terms of determining where Quigg is at...

    DeGales win against Dirrell was a good one...and the top 4 is a fair one...i do reckon there will be some disagreement over one and two though ;) ...

  66. #786
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    I still dont see the comparison...

    Lewis had dual citizenship...he lived in England till he was 12...and he felt British...i presume many Pakistanis who come here in their teens would still feel Pakistani...his comment about his cockney accent is telling because it shows how he was viewed by other Canadians...

    I don't see anything remotely rude about him representing Canada in the Olympics because after all that is where he was based and established his amateur career and then fighting for Britain...hes a dual citizen after all...he didn't join Britain because of any hatred for Canada but simply to further his career...Canadians some might dislike him but Lewis himself has said nor done anything that can be deemed offensive...

    Haroon Khan was born and bred in Bolton...he isnt Pakistani...his parents are...he fought for Britain and didn't qualify...he then applied to represent Pakistan because he could...and then spent the whole process insulting Britain...did he set up shop or fight for Pakistan again?...no...hes back in Bolton, turned pro as a British fighter...i really see no comparison at all...
    The reason why I bought up Lewis was because you said the issue is that Haroon did not acknowledge Pakistan, Lewis has not acknowledged Canada either and in interviews has distanced himself from his affiliation to Canada and that too despite having lived there as you say unlike Khan who has spent all his life in Britain. Lewis claims to have always been British implying that he was very British despite having won an Olympic Medal in Canadian colours. Khan did not insult "Britain" he had a go at the British Amateur Boxing team for not selecting by saying hey look I won a medal for Pakistan and you should have selected me because I just beat the guy who was chosen in my place. Tbh I don't think there was any kind of malice involved in his comments as far as Britain or Pakistan are concerned; we've seen how his family have supported Pakistan in their time of need over the years and Brit Asians have great respect for their origin. There are quiet a few uncle toms though, in particular middle class/upper mid ones; loads in my uni it's disgusting.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  67. #787
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    This is actually true...but where Khan went wrong was to equate being a bigger star with being better...his fans did the same...I think we can accept that p4p Froch is the better fighter...
    In terms of a win/loss record Froch is slightly ahead of Khan no doubt but if you want to compare their resume's they are very similar in that both fighters cleaned up their respective divisions (Khan at Light Welter, Froch at super middle) before losing to the ring magazine champions (Garcia and Ward).


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  68. #788
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    Currently Froch is deemed inactive so Boxrec dont have him ranked...but here is the top 10 British p4p on Boxrec...thoughts?...

    1 Brook
    2 Amir
    3 Frampton
    4 Fury
    5 De Gale
    6 Quigg
    7 Selby
    8 Groves
    9 Eubank Jr
    10 Murray

    Joshua is gonna shoot up this list soon...I know Eubank Jr beat Chudinov but it seems harsh than Billy Joe Saunders is ranked so low...I would have thought he would have dislodged Murray at least...

    Groves would have been up there but has done nothing post Froch...

    Selby got a good win against Gradovich...hes in a tough division though...be interesting to see how much further he goes...

    Quiggs hype train has fallen...and id think most would pick Frampton to beat him...Quigg fights Martinez next which is a legit fight in terms of determining where Quigg is at...

    DeGales win against Dirrell was a good one...and the top 4 is a fair one...i do reckon there will be some disagreement over one and two though ;) ...
    I wouldn't have Brook at no.1 it's ridiculous, he's no.1 on the Rings rankings to I'd have Joshua in the top 10, he's already the best HW in Britain for me imo. I'd have De Gale a little higher, thought that win over Direll was fantastic; superb fight btw did you watch it? I was also in awe of the way Direll came back into the fight after being knocked down like that; he's going to be a world champion one day.

    Froch hasn't officially retired yet so he's still no.1 for me, he may face GGG at wembley.

    There's also another interesting omission, come on we have to put Kevin Mitchell in there!


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  69. #789
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,908
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a big fan of Joshua and really excited about how he will progress BUT don't think you can justify putting him in the top 10 instead of guys that have achieved more than him either by winning titles or fighting for them at a high standard

  70. #790
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed View Post
    I'm a big fan of Joshua and really excited about how he will progress BUT don't think you can justify putting him in the top 10 instead of guys that have achieved more than him either by winning titles or fighting for them at a high standard
    If you believe him to be the best HW in Britian then their certainly is an argument to include him in the top 10 P4P British Rankings.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  71. #791
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    0
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 you been to any live boxing events ?

  72. #792
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afridian4Life View Post
    @shaz619 you been to any live boxing events ?


    This is the only fight I've ever been to; I witnessed the greatness of Usman Uzzy Ahmed make sure you watch all of the video


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  73. #793
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,908
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    If you believe him to be the best HW in Britian then their certainly is an argument to include him in the top 10 P4P British Rankings.
    As things stand Fury is ahead of him even though Joshua will I think achieve more

  74. #794
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    0
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post


    This is the only fight I've ever been to; I witnessed the greatness of Usman Uzzy Ahmed make sure you watch all of the video


    reminded me of Gilberg

    what entrance
    @Red Devil you seen this

  75. #795
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    17,698
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post


    This is the only fight I've ever been to; I witnessed the greatness of Usman Uzzy Ahmed make sure you watch all of the video
    The hell were you doing at such a random fight? Did you know the guy?


    Quote Originally Posted by La Haine movie
    Jusqu'ici tout va bien. L'important n’est pas la chute, c’est l’atterrissage.

  76. #796
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    0
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saqs View Post
    The hell were you doing at such a random fight? Did you know the guy?
    @shaz619 actually had his first bet

  77. #797
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saqs View Post
    The hell were you doing at such a random fight? Did you know the guy?
    I visited an Indian forum where their Boxing Historians @Afridian4Life emphasised uzzy's greatness and touted him as one to watch out for the future; this was supposed to be the beginning of a Hall of Fame career for Ahmed, must say I was entertained; Boxing tends to lack in showman and Uzzy really put on a show for the people watching him that night; we got our moneys worth.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  78. #798
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,908
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post


    This is the only fight I've ever been to; I witnessed the greatness of Usman Uzzy Ahmed make sure you watch all of the video
    The entrance and the actual knockout are from two different fights, so which did you get to witness?

  79. #799
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,002
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed View Post
    The entrance and the actual knockout are from two different fights, so which did you get to witness?
    Both, I must admit not followed another fighter like Uzzy, he drew me to live boxing events for the first time

  80. #800
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Chisinau, Moldova
    Runs
    2,034
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    In terms of a win/loss record Froch is slightly ahead of Khan no doubt but if you want to compare their resume's they are very similar in that both fighters cleaned up their respective divisions (Khan at Light Welter, Froch at super middle) before losing to the ring magazine champions (Garcia and Ward).
    Can't agree with you on that...Froch has fought top fighters since Pascal...

    This CV is fantastic...
    Pascal
    Taylor
    Dirrell
    Kessler *2
    Abraham
    Johnson
    Ward
    Bute
    Mack
    Groves *2

    Two losses...to Ward and Kessler...the Kessler one he avenged...and two arguable defeats...Groves...Carl was getting back in the fight and ynfortunately the ref ruined that fight...and the Dirrell fight...in short though this CV is fantastic...other than Mack all of those are top wins against top fighters...

    Khan has two top wins...Maidana who he scraped past and then Kotelnik...
    Garcia is no Ward im afriad...Garcia has been shown to be a limited fighter...Ward is probably the best fighter in the world other than Mayweather so the losses aren't comparable...
    Peterson also isn't on the level of any of Froch's opponents imo...maybe you can make an argument hes the Abraham equivalent...and we saw how Froch beat him...

    None of Khan's other opponents are close to being as good as Froch's wins...imo Calzaghe is the better fighter but Froch has the superior resume...its no disrespect to Khan that his isn't remotely close...Froch is a throwback fighter who has fought top fighters for the last 6 years...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •