21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feroz Khan's comments leaves bad taste

I will beat the s**t out of you
    By: Vickey Lalwani
    April 27, 2006

Feroz Khan
    Lahore: A drunk Feroz Khan got into a fight with the anchor of a party in Pakistan late last night. The party at Lahore’s Royal Palms, was held to celebrate the successful premiere in Pakistan of Akbar Khan’s film Taj Mahal.

The anchor, Sakre Aalam, was asking Bollywood personalities for their reactions to the release of Taj Mahal and their views on Indo-Pak relations in the entertainment business.

When Aalam questioned Manisha Koirala, the actress hesitated a little, so Aalam said, “Ma’am, you are shaking, so let me not ask you the question.”

Hearing this, Feroz Khan, who was standing next to Manisha, flew into a rage and pounced on Aalam, saying, “You had better say sorry or I’ll beat the s**t out of you.”

His younger brother Akbar and son Fardeen intervened and kept the situation from getting out of hand. Soon after, Shatrughan Sinha led Feroz to a corner, pacified him, and kept him apart from Aalam.

An eyewitness told MiD DAY, “Feroz was very drunk. Usko chad gayi thi.

The eyewitness said, “He didn’t know what he was doing. He just went at the anchor for no reason. When Aalam interviewed him, Feroz talked too much. He started speaking about secularism and went on a complete tangent.

“The anchor hinted to him that he was going overboard, by saying they did not take their guests’ trespasses seriously. Feroz did not take that comment lightly. What transpired during Manisha’s interview was a result of what Aalam had told him earlier.”

The source added, “Feroz should have realised the importance of the occasion. This is not the right way to behave at a place when so many high profile people are around. Things got nasty.

“Feroz has a habit of meandering when he is in front of a mike. He even criticised George Bush in Delhi on Monday, where they had stopped to meet Information and Tourism Minister Ambika Soni before leaving for Lahore.”

Though Feroz was unavailable for comment, director Mahesh Bhatt confirmed the Lahore incident. “But we must not let such trivial matters tarnish the glory of this historic moment between India and Pakistan.”

Feroz had gone to Pakistan with brother Akbar. Sanjay Khan, Pahlaj Nihlani, Fardeen Khan, Shyam Shroff, Shatrughan Sinha, Mahesh Bhatt, Vikas Mohan, and several actors from Taj Mahal were also present.

http://ww1.mid-day.com/news/city/2006/april/136108.htm

Why the ###### are we inviting these SLAVES into our nation and yes they are SLAVES to Nationalist Hindu's. He quite clearly was showing his "valour" in front of Manisha for the perceived insult to his "fellow" Indian.

Shall I tell you what is worse that ********* Shatrughan Sinha was calming him down....How can you be friends with a the most VOCAL of all BJP supporters among the film stars. This guy is a ardent supporter of Hindu nationalism and is Fardeen KHAN'S best friend unbelievable.

I wish I was walking past I'd break his jaw in front of the cameras and then put my foot on his face and yell PAKISTAN ZINDABAD.

Debut
    Nov 2004
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    must've shut fakhr-e-alam up for once in his life.

"To remain silent is to be an accomplice. To speak out is to be an infidel." - Sachal Sarmast

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Higher State of Consciousness
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shatrughan Sinha- a hindu and a bjp nationalist - never

Shatrughan Sinha and fardeen khans best friends.... i doubt that somehow considering he less that half his age.

you must be thinking of feroz khan... you have to remember these muslims are by name only..considering feroz khan is half hindu by birth.

They arent really religious..

although surprised to read salman khan reads salat quite alot.

Pakistan Cricket Needs You!!!

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first we were mental slaves to the British. now we've replaced the British with our neighbours. how wonderful is that? you can be a nobody but as long as you're from India, we will bend over backwards to give them state level protocol.

our giants like like Shehzad Khalil, Shehnaz Sheikh, Khalida Riyasat, Saleem Nasir, Roohi Bano don't/never got such protocol. how about giving some respect to our artists too for a change?

Debut
    Nov 2004
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "our giants like like Shehzad Khalil, Shehnaz Sheikh, Khalida Riyasat, Saleem Nasir, Roohi Bano don't/never got such protocol. how about giving some respect to our artists too for a change?"

hurray for MT!
    you really do like shanno, don't you?

"To remain silent is to be an accomplice. To speak out is to be an infidel." - Sachal Sarmast

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God I love that woman. Tanhaaiyan was the first drama I ever saw. and I instantly fell in love and still am in love.

Debut
    Sep 2004
    Venue
    Pakistan/Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MT
    you are on the wrong thread

nvertheless thanks for bumping it

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    ATL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasherbrum
    must've shut fakhr-e-alam up for once in his life.
    yep i hate the guy... babbles too much...

at sakre alam

Debut
    Sep 2004
    Venue
    Pakistan/Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sneekysneeky
    yep i hate the guy... babbles too much...

at sakre alam
    I also never liked that guy ...

we sure do share our likes and dislikes Aun

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    ATL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hussain
    I also never liked that guy ...

we sure do share our likes and dislikes Aun

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feroze says Fakhar-e-Alam spoiled dinner

LAHORE: Indian actor Feroze Khan has said he loved Pakistan and Pakistanis but regretted singer Fakhar-e-Alam’s remarks about Indian actress Manisha Koirala at a dinner a day ago, which spoiled the event. In a hurriedly called press conference at Pearl Continental Hotel, Feroze Khan regretted that Fakhar-e-Alam picked on Manisha by saying she looked nervous at the dinner. “I was told that women are given respect in Pakistan but Alam’s remarks to Manisha were contrary to my belief,” he said. Feroze praised Manisha for not responding to Alam’s remarks and said that he (Feroze) wanted to leave the function because of Alam’s “bad attitude”. Feroze denied reports that he had run up to the stage to beat up Alam and said Alam was propagating the incident in the media. The veteran Indian film star also announced a Rs 200,000 donation for the October 8 earthquake-affected people. staff report

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khan’s comments on the comfort levels of Muslims in India in comparison to Pakistan was the subject of a row between him and a TV anchor, Fakr Alam, at the premiere of Taj Mahal in Lahore. The veteran actor is currently in Pakistan with his family, including his son Fardeen, to attend the premiere of the film, made by his brother, Akbar Khan.

“I am a proud Indian. India is a secular country. Muslims there are making lot of progress. Our President is a Muslim, Prime Minister a Sikh,’’ he told the anchor when sought for a TV byte. The media reported that he went on to criticise Pakistan, saying, “Pakistan was made in the name of Islam but look how the Muslims are killing each other.” Khan denied this, saying he never made comments against Pakistan and only took up cudgels with Alam after the anchor showed disrespect to his colleague, Manisha Koirala, also part of the Bollywood delegation.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suhaibonline
    Khan’s comments on the comfort levels of Muslims in India in comparison to Pakistan was the subject of a row between him and a TV anchor, Fakr Alam, at the premiere of Taj Mahal in Lahore. The veteran actor is currently in Pakistan with his family, including his son Fardeen, to attend the premiere of the film, made by his brother, Akbar Khan.

“I am a proud Indian. India is a secular country. Muslims there are making lot of progress. Our President is a Muslim, Prime Minister a Sikh,’’ he told the anchor when sought for a TV byte. The media reported that he went on to criticise Pakistan, saying, “Pakistan was made in the name of Islam but look how the Muslims are killing each other.” Khan denied this, saying he never made comments against Pakistan and only took up cudgels with Alam after the anchor showed disrespect to his colleague, Manisha Koirala, also part of the Bollywood delegation.

may be some one should ask him why indian muslims and dalit hindus wave pakistani flags and share matai when pakistan beats india in cricket matches

Debut
    Sep 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar
    God I love that woman. Tanhaaiyan was the first drama I ever saw. and I instantly fell in love and still am in love.
    yaar this is the Shahnaz Sheikh I could found on google...

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary
    yaar this is the Shahnaz Sheikh I could found on google...
    lahawalawallaquwatta man.

this is the Shehnaz Sheikh I'm talking about:

she only worked in two plays - Tanhayian and Ankahi both of which are probably the two greatest dramas ever produced by PTV. Tanhaayian was made by that genius Shehzad Khalil. and Ankahi was made by the versatile Shoaib Mansoor and the oh-so-elegant Mohsin Ali (Mohsin sahib started it and then Shoaib sahib took over). both were written by Haseen Moin.

Shehnaz after these two plays never did another play for TV.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tanhayian and Ankahi - both awesome.

Dhoop Kinaray - even better.

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didn't like Dhoop Kinaray as much. it was a very good play but I personally think Sahira Kazmi has made much better plays.

examples would be Tapish and Hawwa Ki Beti. the former starred Rubina Ashraf, Jamal Shah, Yasmeen Ismail, Shafi Mohammad, Qaisar Khan Nizamani, a young Sania Saeed. and the latter starred the outstanding Sakeena Sammu, Qazi Wajid, Ardash Ayaz and Nida Kazmi (Sahira's own daughter). both plays were just magnificent.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At that time, I thought Dhoop Kinaray was a lesser play than Ankahi and Tanhayian. I have since watched all of them again several times and I can appreciate how DK is a better play than both - in my opinion. Much better directed. Much more focused. Of course Rahat Kazmi is in a league of his own

Debut
    Sep 2004
    Venue
    Pakistan/Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    talk of thread hijcking
    and MT and Tariq Jamshed are mastering it

BTw another Ptv drama that i remember is Aangan terha (watched it on a repeat telecast )

brilliant work by Bushra Ansari and their servant (dont remember his name)
    Last edited by Hussain; 30th April 2006 at 00:34.

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTw another Ptv drama that i remember is Aangan terha (watched it on a repeat telecast )

brilliant work by Bushra Ansari and their servant (dont remember his name)
    that would be the incomparable Saleem Nasir:

Pakistan has not produced a greater actor than Saleem sahib (marhoom). no one compares to him. from Mamu in Ankahi to Akbar in Angan Terha and the cruel chauhdry in Jangloos. Pakistan's been blessed with many great actors - Abid Ali, Shujaat Hashmi, Talat Hussain, Shakeel, Asif Raza Mir, etc etc (I know I'm missing many names). but Saleem Nasir heads the list in my opinion.

Angan Terha was his last play I believe. in a strange twist, his character (Akbar - the naukar) talks about dying a nameless death and no one remembering in one of the last episodes of the play. and Saleem Nasir passed away shortly after that play.

he was a great, great artist. a huge loss to Pakistanis who appreciate PTV dramas.
    Last edited by Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar; 30th April 2006 at 00:51.

Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lahawalawallaquwatta man.

shehnaz was a talk show host until recently.

Debut
    Sep 2004
    Venue
    Pakistan/Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that would be the incomparable Saleem Nasir:

Pakistan has not produced a greater actor than Saleem sahib (marhoom). no one compares to him. from Mamu in Ankahi to Akbar in Angan Terha and the cruel chauhdry in Jangloos. Pakistan's been blessed with many great actors - Abid Ali, Shujaat Hashmi, Talat Hussain, Shakeel, Asif Raza Mir, etc etc (I know I'm missing many names). but Saleem Nasir heads the list in my opinion.

Angan Terha was his last play I believe. in a strange twist, his character (Akbar - the naukar) talks about dying a nameless death and no one remembering in one of the last episodes of the play. and Saleem Nasir passed away shortly after that play.

he was a great, great artist. a huge loss to Pakistanis who appreciate PTV dramas.
    add a responsible and serious looking army officer to that list of characters that he played ....... he also played Captain Sarwar in a play

versatile actors like him , Talat ,Shakeel ,Qavi are not embracing the screen nowadays , who could not only control their voice according to the situation but were also great masters of their face expressions ....... and it all came from hard work as PTV dramas were reharsed for a number of times before taking a final shot

sad to see the guys in the industry now adays dont even know their role untoil about 20 minutes before the final shoot when they are given their script to reharse
    inspite of them being better paid than their predecessors this lack of professionalism is appalling

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done nothing wrong: Feroze Khan
    BY OUR STAFF REPORTER

LAHORE - I have not done anything wrong. I don't know what enmity this Fakhar-e-Alam has against me. He misbehaved with Manisha Koirala and I reacted to that. I have a clear heart and if he apologises to me I would accept it.
    Feroze Khan stated this while speaking at a hurriedly called press confernce at his hotel room on Friday about his clash with Fakhir -e Alam that took place at a local club the other day. about his clash at his hotel room about his clash with Fakhar-e-Alam at a local club. "I have never sought publicity in my life. They call me recluse for that. Fakhar misbehaved with Manisha, who is a timid person by nature.
    "She is the niece of former PM of Nepal. He had no right to say to her that she looked nervous and should speak up because she was an actress. I earlier talked about the incident to Manisha.
    "Later I told my friend Bobby that Fakhar did not do the right thing. I moved from my seat. Bobby and Akbar came to me thinking that may be I wanted to go and talk to Fakhar myself. The whole thing was blown up in the media, which has made me sad.
    "When I had come to Pakistan I was in high spirits but my enthusiasm has been dampened by this incident. I love Pakistan and the people of this country. I had tears in my eyes when we landed here. I always wanted to come here," Khan said.
    About his anger in him that erupts from time to time, he said his temper is cooling down with age. "I am a very compassionate person but I am also a no nonsense person. My father, a six feet four inches tall Pathan, had great anger. He used to beat me and I complained about that to my mother who said that he loved me a lot. By the age of nine I had completed reading of Quran," 67-year-old Khan said.
    He said he had killed 14 panthers and just missed killing a lion in his life. He announced a donation of Rs 200,000 for earthquake victims and said his brother and family had already donated Rs 6.5 million for their rehabilitation.
    Khan said he is going to start film 'Qurbani' in Pakistan. "I first made the 'Qurbani' in 1979. We have taken up the threads of story from the plot of that film. We will do the first spell of shooting in Pakistan in November in 15 days time. Hopefully we will have the opening of the film here," he explained. He said if the film premiered in Pakistan the proceeds of the film would go for welfare projects in Pakistan.
    He said he was an admirer of President Pervez Musharraf and wanted to see him personally. "I am thankful to CM Pervaiz Elahi for his reception.
    May be he would help me get an appointment with the President," he said.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhr to release Feroz Khan’s tape

The Post Report

Fakhr-e-Alam has announced that he plans to release a video tape which will show the use of abusive language against Pakistan by Feroz Khan. "I'm not afraid of India and we will not compromise on anything said against Pakistan," Fakhr-e-Alam said.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Apnay ghar mai - aur kahan ?
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fakhr-e-Alam did a lot of good work for Earthquake victims - apart from that the whole actor community is essentially made of some really basic people !

For answers to the Universe, Life and everything : TheSourceNews(TSN)

Debut
    Sep 2004
    Venue
    Pakistan/Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no matter whose fault is it

that video will be the best seller

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol ! The so called muslim actors from india really have a identity crisis . . . .

Debut
    Sep 2004
    Venue
    Pakistan/Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride
    lol ! The so called muslim actors from india really have a identity crisis . . . .
    not only muslim actors but every Indian muslim seems to have an identity crisis
    Zaheer Khan made favorable remarks for Bal Thackerey in 2004 which not even any balanced minded hindu will make

seems like Indian muslims have been constantly reminded off the 1947 partition by their hindu countrymen who might still consider them as pakistanis

that's why Indian muslims make an extra effort to look more Indians than the rest to prove their loyalty to India

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Apnay ghar mai - aur kahan ?
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Indian Muslims have had a very rough ride - they have to show their loyalty to India - else they wouldnt survive ! In the same way British Muslims cannot be seen wishing for Britains destruction.

This story is essentially about a group of people who's moral values can be best described as questionable - to base an indictment of Indian Muslims on what some idiot called Feroooooze Khan has to say is not a good idea.

My ancestors are from India, my mother arrived in Pakistan on top of an open decked ship from Bombay but here parents and her siblings could not make it - doesnt make them any worse than us. Their children, my cousins, are now trying to make a living in India - you can hardly expect them to shout anti India slogans or even support Pak cricket teams !

For answers to the Universe, Life and everything : TheSourceNews(TSN)

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "She is the niece of former PM of Nepal. He had no right to say to her that she looked nervous and should speak up because she was an actress. I earlier talked about the incident to Manisha.
    She also happens to be a niece of one of Pak's former Senators, Anwar Zaki (brother of Akram Zaki - former Pak ambassador to US) who also married in the Nepalese Royal family.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BJP hails Feroze Khan as 'nationalist'

Press Trust of India
    Posted online: Sunday, April 30, 2006 at 1702 hours IST

New Delhi, April 30: The BJP on Sunday hailed actor Feroze Khan as a ‘true nationalist’ for his reported criticism of Pakistan over the condition of Muslims in the Islamic country.

BJP vice-president Mukthar Abbas Naqvi, also a former Information and Broadcasting Minister, however, regretted that other members of the Indian delegation, which Khan was part of, ‘apologised’ to their Pakistani hosts for the Bollywood star’s remarks.

“He (Khan) boldly spoke his mind and presented facts in Pakistan about human rights violations and biased treatment of Muslims who migrated there from India after the partition. He in fact acted as a true nationalist and a humanist artiste,” the BJP leader said.

Also, Naqvi said he had written a letter to Khan, appreciating him for his reported comments in Pakistan during the premiere of film Taj Mahal.

People who read this story also read
    Uma Bharati launches Bhartiya Janashakti Party 30.04.06
    Roses all the way for Rahul Gandhi 30.04.06
    Uma's party will be damaging for BJP: Congress 30.04.06
    I want to transform India: Rahul Gandhi 30.04.06
    I should've got my gun serviced: Pravin 30.04.06

Terror hits Varanasi Indo-US Nuke Deal SelectJustice for JessicaBihar PollsSave BangaloreMumbai FloodsDay in PicsDiscovery in SpaceRam Temple TurmoilJustice for ImranaWimbledon 2005Advani's resignationBollywood icon: Sunil DuttSamrat Shah RukhOne Year of UPA RuleThe Great Indian DebateParveen Babi's DeathNRI NewsKanchi Seer's ArrestAmbani vs AmbaniGujarat RiotsJ-K MonitorIndia Pak TalksIndia-Aus SeriesIndia-Pak SeriesIslamabad SummitIndia Down UnderWar on IraqNE MonitorIndia-Pak Face OffPak Nuke LeakElections 2003

“Khan has made Indians feel proud by presenting a grand picture of India although people who accompanied him opposed his comments. There are some people who take pride in praising even the wrong aspects of Pakistan when they visit that country,” the BJP leader remarked.

A Pakistani daily reported Khan criticised the condition of muslims in Pakistan and praised India’s secular traditions during the film premiere on Friday in Lahore.

The Bollywood actor, however, later denied making such comments attributed to him.

Debut
    Sep 2004
    Venue
    Pakistan/Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Khan has made Indians feel proud by presenting a grand picture of India although people who accompanied him opposed his comments. There are some people who take pride in praising even the wrong aspects of Pakistan when they visit that country,” the BJP leader remarked.

A Pakistani daily reported Khan criticised the condition of muslims in Pakistan and praised India’s secular traditions during the film premiere on Friday in Lahore.

and due to Indian secularism where every Indian is equal in rank to a brahmin
    Indian Dalits wave Pakistani flags when ever Indians face us in a cricket encounter and celebrate if we win

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never heard of this feroz khan before this incident, he seems like a publicity seeking *****.

where was he when muslims were being burned alive in gujarat?

"A man without enemies is a man without character" (newman)

Debut
    Sep 2004
    Venue
    Pakistan/Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletproof Monk
    I never heard of this feroz khan before this incident, he seems like a publicity seeking *****.

where was he when muslims were being burned alive in gujarat?
    you dont seem to be a big bollywood fan then

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you dont seem to be a big bollywood fan then
    good observation!! im more of lolly fan!!

Debut
    Sep 2004
    Venue
    Pakistan/Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so one can talk to you about Meera , Musarat Shaheen , Anjuman , Shahida Mina

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so one can talk to you about Meera , Musarat Shaheen , Anjuman , Shahida Mina

who? I was kidding im no fan of lolly either.

in all seriousness any male who watches lollywood films should have his head stuck in a vice and have ice picks shoved thru his sensitive parts.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    ATL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feroze Khan banned from entering Pakistan
    Thursday, 18 May , 2006, 17:07

Karachi: Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has banned veteran Bollywood actor Feroze Khan from entering Pakistan after his reported remarks highlighting comfort levels of Muslims in India in comparison to that in Pakistan triggered a nationwide controversy.

The Pakistan President took the decision following a report submitted by the intelligence agencies.

"Feroze Khan has been banned from entering Pakistan in future. The Presidents decision has been communicated to the Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi," a private television reported quoting sources in the Presidency.

Interior ministry and Foreign office have also been directed accordingly, ARY channel said quoting sources.

"The President House has taken serious notice of his remarks which were widely covered in the Indian and Pakistani media and directed the concerned authorities to blacklist him and impose ban on his next entry into Pakistan," it said.

The Pakistan Foreign Office would also inform the High Commissioner in New Delhi not to issue visa to the 67-year-old actor in future, it said.

Feroze Khan’s reported remarks during the premiere of his brother Akbar Khans film Taj Mahal in Lahore last month set off a heated verbal exchange between him and a local compere.

"I am a proud Indian. India is a secular country. Muslims there are making lot of progress. Our President is a Muslim, Prime Minister a Sikh. Pakistan was made in the name of Islam but look how the Muslims are killing each other. I have not come here on my own. I was invited to come. Our films are so powerful that your government could not stop them for long," he was quoted as saying by a Pakistani daily last month.

About his brothers remarks, Akbar Khan on Monday said Feroze Khan "did not mean what he said".

"My brother did not mean what he said. It was merely a slip of tongue. We are very upset on the comment made by BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi in which he has called my brother a true nationalist. He is treating my brother in a wrong light," he said.

http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14207508

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first we were mental slaves to the British. now we've replaced the British with our neighbours. how wonderful is that? you can be a nobody but as long as you're from India, we will bend over backwards to give them state level protocol.

our giants like like Shehzad Khalil, Shehnaz Sheikh, Khalida Riyasat, Saleem Nasir, Roohi Bano don't/never got such protocol. how about giving some respect to our artists too for a change?
    i agree with u 100%.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sneekysneeky
    Feroze Khan banned from entering Pakistan
    Thursday, 18 May , 2006, 17:07
    should president have the right to prevent someone from coming to pak due to his personal liking or disliking???

we behave sometimes as extremists.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and due to Indian secularism where every Indian is equal in rank to a brahmin
    Indian Dalits wave Pakistani flags when ever Indians face us in a cricket encounter and celebrate if we win

wer did u get this frm? a lollywood movie? why wud a dalit hindu wave pakistans flag of all the countries?
    sorry for being bitter but,u need to be little open minded!

" you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInGreen
    Indian Muslims have had a very rough ride - they have to show their loyalty to India - else they wouldnt survive ! In the same way British Muslims cannot be seen wishing for Britains destruction.

This story is essentially about a group of people who's moral values can be best described as questionable - to base an indictment of Indian Muslims on what some idiot called Feroooooze Khan has to say is not a good idea.

My ancestors are from India, my mother arrived in Pakistan on top of an open decked ship from Bombay but here parents and her siblings could not make it - doesnt make them any worse than us. Their children, my cousins, are now trying to make a living in India - you can hardly expect them to shout anti India slogans or even support Pak cricket teams !

Miggy,I have heard this explanation b4 too ...it only give's me an impression that pakistanis cant digest the fact that hindus n muslims can co-exist in india..agreed we have had few issues ...Gujrat n babri masjid cud have been avoided...we do realize that n are trying to get over it...but its amusing to see how some pakistanis get excited about these topics!

n tell me why shud your cusins support pakistan or shout anti India slogans?

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "My brother did not mean what he said. It was merely a slip of tongue. We are very upset on the comment made by BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi in which he has called my brother a true nationalist. He is treating my brother in a wrong light," he said.

What a lame excuse, he knew exactly what he was talking about as i have heard the same dialogues from many other Indian muslims. Mukhtar Naqvi is a joker himself and look how happy he is to find another clown in Feroze Khan.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrukh
    should president have the right to prevent someone from coming to pak due to his personal liking or disliking???

We behave sometimes as extremists for banning a clown and so called nationalist???
    Musharraf banned him for personal disliking????

Read the article carefully again:

The Pakistan President took the decision following a report submitted by the intelligence agencies.

Don't tell me you didn't find anything worng Khan's comments.
    Last edited by Waseem; 19th May 2006 at 06:21.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tariq Jamshed
    Tanhayian and Ankahi - both awesome.

Dhoop Kinaray - even better.
    Fully agree

O you who believe! be careful of (your duty to) Allah and seek means of nearness to Him and strive hard in His way that you may be successful.
    -Surah Maidah, verse 35

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    ATL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrukh

read post #44...

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Venue
    Glasgow,Scotland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feroz Khan from the little i remember about him was just a Clint Eastwood wannabee from the 70's and a failed actor!!.I am not a Bollywood fan but can tell you he looks far better without any hair on his head
    His father was Afghani and mother Iranian...
    As for Shehnaz Sheikh she performed well in the only Pakistani drama i've ever seen "Thanhiyan" but it was Marina Khan playing her kid sister who stole my heart!.She was beautiful and cute
    As for Indian Muslims...well they're Indians so should express their woes to the Indian government and i don't want them supporting us in anything.India and Indians have been obsessed with us ever since partition which is a FACT!
    Last edited by Nakhuda; 19th May 2006 at 23:17.

Debut
    Oct 2003
    Venue
    Neptune
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indians are not only obsessed with us they are also scared of us. That is why India has tried desperately (and failed) to destabalise Pakistan for the last 59 years.

As for Indian Muslims.........from what I have heard there are some Muslims in UP who openly support Pakistan and have Pakistani flags hanging off their houses. They are Pakistanis in all but name. I have heard this from an Indian Hindu work collegue of my father's. It doesn't happen elsewhere in India though.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Venue
    Glasgow,Scotland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Indian Muslims supporting Pak is restricted to the U.P region,millions others probably cheer us on but secretly.I remember creating a thread on this a while back here where many mails more or less confirmed my point.Anyway they should support India and not us.

Debut
    Oct 2003
    Venue
    Neptune
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakhuda
    I don't think Indian Muslims supporting Pak is restricted to the U.P region,millions others probably cheer us on but secretly.I remember creating a thread on this a while back here where many mails more or less confirmed my point.Anyway they should support India and not us.
    There was an Indian Muslim at my school in London. I was the only person who knew he was really an Indian! He use to tell everyone that he was Pakistani! He originated from UP. Not sure about others......the thing is the majority of Indian Muslims in UP probably have Pakistani connections anyway (uncles, cousins etc) which might not be the case for Indian Muslims elsewhere in the country.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well . i know a few indian muslims and they all support india.

"I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't care how muslim been treated in India or how Indian muslims think about Pak. Thing is he was as guest in Pak (and not even as politician) and was in event when actors from both sides trying hard to improve relationships.
    Now he will not allowed to enter Pak and that's rite thing to do and send a msg to them as well.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize this is a sensitive topic, so apologies if I am offending anybody. I'd like to make a few points, however.

It seems to me that some Pakistanis have a chip on their shoulders when it comes to Indian Muslims. the assumption seems to be that Indian Muslims are somehow inferior, weak-willed, oppressed or otherwise less blue-blooded because they did not migrate to the promised land and continue to live with the non-believers.

But why guys? Why do you think an Indian Muslim would owe allegience to Pakistan? Or to Bangladesh, Indonesia, Brunei or Saudi arabia for that matter? Simply because they are Muslim countries?

Indian Muslims are as devout as you guys, believe me, they pray 5 times a day, and they give to charity just as much as you guys do. But they are also proud to be Indian.

Feroze Khan might be a royal prik, but he is a proud Indian. He is also a fiercely proud Muslim. He was extremely injudicious in his statements and some of what he said made me cringe, but would the same hornet's nest have been stirred up if the very statement has been made by, say, Dharmendra?

There seems to be a basic assumption on the part of some of you guys that Indian Muslims are just wannabe Pakistanis. But why would they want to be Pakistanis?

In many respects, Pakistan is a struggling nation, just as is India. Poverty, lack of opportunity, infighting between various religious sects, feudalism, rampant corruption...hardly the sort of thing to arouse loyalty, let alone envy.

Indian Muslims also grow up in a far less religiously charged atmosphere than most Pakistanis. Religion is important to them, but does not dominate their lives.

And yes, I worked in UP for many years. Almost all of them support India at cricket, just as other Muslims in the rest of india.

Please respect their right to love their country.
    Last edited by Afzal; 20th May 2006 at 15:47.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Various reports and stats have proven that Indian Muslims in India are fourth class citizens, even worse than the dalits..yes there are some high profile success stories but if you really look they are either in the kunjar industry or a few industrialists..nothing compared to how it should be when you have a population of 160million Muslims...Muslims in India have a large slave complex..I live amongst them and know them very well...they are devout but extremely secularised and basically dont have the balls to stand up to anybody..the hindus worship their brahmins the indian Muslims worship their Imams.."imam saab nay kaha hai..." yeah right use your own brain too buddy!! i know many who support pakistan but alot dont and support india!!...If they are devout (and i know many are) then they should have followed the Sunnah of The Messenger PBUH..when Allah swt has given you an opportunity toi leave a land where you will be oppressed to a land where you can live freely as a Muslim why not take that chance?? the Prophet PBUH did...those that did get to Pakistan are now in our ruling elite and many are very affluent!!..maybe Allahs swt favour on them..those that stayed are fourth class sitizens!!...my conclusion after living amongst them for 30 years is that they have no cahuna's!!..

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afzal
    I realize this is a sensitive topic, so apologies if I am offending anybody. I'd like to make a few points, however.

It seems to me that some Pakistanis have a chip on their shoulders when it comes to Indian Muslims. the assumption seems to be that Indian Muslims are somehow inferior, weak-willed, oppressed or otherwise less blue-blooded because they did not migrate to the promised land and continue to live with the non-believers.

But why guys? Why do you think an Indian Muslim would owe allegience to Pakistan? Or to Bangladesh, Indonesia, Brunei or Saudi arabia for that matter? Simply because they are Muslim countries?

Indian Muslims are as devout as you guys, believe me, they pray 5 times a day, and they give to charity just as much as you guys do. But they are also proud to be Indian.

Feroze Khan might be a royal prik, but he is a proud Indian. He is also a fiercely proud Muslim. He was extremely injudicious in his statements and some of what he said made me cringe, but would the same hornet's nest have been stirred up if the very statement has been made by, say, Dharmendra?

There seems to be a basic assumption on the part of some of you guys that Indian Muslims are just wannabe Pakistanis. But why would they want to be Pakistanis?

In many respects, Pakistan is a struggling nation, just as is India. Poverty, lack of opportunity, infighting between various religious sects, feudalism, rampant corruption...hardly the sort of thing to arouse loyalty, let alone envy.

Indian Muslims also grow up in a far less religiously charged atmosphere than most Pakistanis. Religion is important to them, but does not dominate their lives.

And yes, I worked in UP for many years. Almost all of them support India at cricket, just as other Muslims in the rest of india.

Please respect their right to love their country.

Vry well put afzal ...like you said,relegion is important to us ,but it does not dominate our lives..be it the hindus or the muslims!

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    ATL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan
    ...they are devout but extremely secularised and basically dont have the balls to stand up to anybody...
    damn true that is... in US schools ive seen many indian muslims who would accept religious insults from people and never talk back... might be cuz theyre used to this from back home...

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Venue
    Glasgow,Scotland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guy's Indian Muslims are Indians meaning they're not our problem so why should we care??.I wouldn't give them an inch of my land and neither do i have any special place for them in my heart!.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Vry well put afzal ...like you said,relegion is important to us ,but it does not dominate our lives..be it the hindus or the muslims!
    thats actually weird since the more devout Muslims where I live are mostly Indians. Religion dominates their lives yet they remain secularised. Even the hindus where i live are reasonably religious more so than many Pakistanis so this high and mighty so called superior notion that Indians dont have religious hangups is rubbish and pure spin...Indians Muslims have ritualised Islam to an extent where it is becoming almost meaningless!!..what good are rituals without the balls to carry the message forth and strive for justice and truth!!..most of their elders are a disgrace!! and many of their youngsters are hypocrites..eik minute they are hafiz-e-qurans, next minute they are shagging sikh birds..(yes i know of many cases)...Muslims who not practicing and then give Islam a bad name is bad enough but those that claim to practice and then indulge in hypocritical behaviour is just as bad!!....

Debut
    Sep 2004
    Venue
    Pakistan/Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afzal
    Feroze Khan might be a royal prik, but he is a proud Indian. He is also a fiercely proud Muslim.

a person with uncontrollable drinking habbits being a proud muslim ?????

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro theres a lot of people calling themselfs half muslim half hindu in india may be a lot of Indians think Islam is a race like Jews are

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Venue
    Glasgow,Scotland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that they look upon an alcaholic like Feroz Khan as an example just about says it all!!.A people who in their own country are constantly accused of being pro-Pakistani yet receive little sympathy from us....
    they must feel like a tomatoe in a sandwich

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Venue
    Glasgow,Scotland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=eik minute they are hafiz-e-qurans, next minute they are shagging sikh birds..(yes i know of many cases)...

Thats a classic buddy...an absolute classic!!!