Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 111 of 111
  1. #81
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    1,580
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yuvraj singh @YUVSTRONG12 · 1h 1 hour ago
    Iv got nothing to do with statements coming out in the media ! As iv said before enjoyed playing under dhoni no issues at all
    712 retweets 728 favorites
    Reply Retweet712 Favorite728
    More

    Yuvi can hardly do anything for a nutcase like Yograj

  2. #82
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    18,195
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I feel really bad for Yuvi, his father continuously makes ridiculous statements and then he has to tweet everytime to cover it up

  3. #83
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    1,018
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep em coming, its entertaining, bullcrap doesn't come so often from Indian ex players

  4. #84
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    The Moon
    Runs
    3,040
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    LOL. Dhoni is the humblest of the lot


    Have you ever been to heaven at night?

  5. #85
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Runs
    1,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hate the media outlets that go after people like him for a interview. Just for masala. I don't think anyone enjoys these kind of crap. The standards for journalism is so low in Subcontinent.

    More than hurting Dhoni he is making fun of his own son and himself. What a tool.

    Yuvi rejected all the comments from his dad on twitter.


    VK18

  6. #86
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,273
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is he India's version of Sarfraz Nawaz


    Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood [Mindless Sloggers]

  7. #87
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore,India
    Runs
    1,123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khizr96 View Post
    NEW DELHI: Yograj Singh, father of Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh, rued his son's exclusion from the ICC World Cup 2015 and blasted skipper MS Dhoni saying there will be a day when he will be left to beg and become penniless and would not get any favour.*

    "Dhoni was nothing. He has become a God in cricket just because of media. Media has crowned him as a great which he never deserved", Yograj told a news channel.*

    "There was a time when he had nothing but today he sits in front of media and rips off the media persons. He laughs at media who has given him so much hype. He laughs at the Indian people who clap when he scores a run," Yograj said.*

    "Honestly, if I were a media person, I would have slapped Dhoni right there", Yograj said.*

    Yuvraj, who helped India to win the 2011 World Cup, was ignored by the selectors for the World Cup.*

    Yuvraj's father also compared Dhoni with Ramayana's mythological villain Ravana.*

    "Dhoni is arrogant. The way Ravana's proud came to an end, Dhoni will also suffer some day. He considers himself much above Ravana," Yuvraj's father said.*

    "I feel really ashamed when other cricketers come and tell me about Dhoni. Earlier, I used to think that people must be cribbing about Dhoni due to jealousy. But when the cricketers told me about him, I think I have never seen a terrible person like him ever in my life," he added.*

    Criticising Dhoni, Yograj said, "In the 2011 final, Yuvraj was going to bat but Dhoni stopped him and went to bat and became a hero. Why didn't he bat at No. 4 this time? Why did he go at No. 6? If he considers himself great, then he should have batted at No. 6 and guided India to a win against the Aussies.
    http://m.timesofindia.com/sports/icc...w/46837050.cms
    Whatever may be the intentions of yograj singh in raking up this controversy,what i see is that he has spoken lot of facts about cunning dhoni and the facts which were never spoken by anyone till now..dhoni is a big,big stage manager and a great actor infront of media.he single handedly was responsible for dravid,vvs,viru,gauti etc etc's ouster from the team and his scheming mentality and the accumen through which he achieves his selfish ends are well known to cricket fans..

  8. #88
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,360
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    Is he India's version of Sarfraz Nawaz
    nah. Sarfraz never said I'll punch certain player..

  9. #89
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    1,324
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yuvraj has gone past the best before date. The sooner his father realise this the better.

    Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

  10. #90
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    11,787
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iHammad View Post
    "Main agar media main hota toh main rakhhh ke chanta maarta iskay moo pai"

    "If I was in the media I would've slapped him really hard"
    haha.

    Poor Yuvraj, he must be so embarrassed however that video was comedy gold.

  11. #91
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,358
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Maybe Yuvi's dad will have better luck pushing Ahmed Shahzad's case. There's quite a team of Avengers already on his side.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    254
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy should qualify for a job at Geo Super or some Indian News Channel

  13. #93
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    4,371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket.mad View Post
    Whatever may be the intentions of yograj singh in raking up this controversy,what i see is that he has spoken lot of facts about cunning dhoni and the facts which were never spoken by anyone till now..dhoni is a big,big stage manager and a great actor infront of media.he single handedly was responsible for dravid,vvs,viru,gauti etc etc's ouster from the team and his scheming mentality and the accumen through which he achieves his selfish ends are well known to cricket fans..
    Not a single fact was seen that day. However I do see a lot bitterness and conspiracy mumbo jumbo


    "I tried to count the stars while in bed. To keep the thoughts of monsters from my head."

  14. #94
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    11,787
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here we go again.

    Yuvraj Singh Back In Team Only Because MS Dhoni Isn't Captain: Father Yograj

    Yuvraj Singh may have been recalled to the India ODI set up, but father Yograj Singh still isn't happy. Yograj, who has hit out at former India captain MS Dhoni on numerous occasions in the past, once again took on the wicketkeeper-batsman as Yuvraj made the cut for India's ODI series against England. Last week, Yuvraj was rewarded by the national selectors for his solid show in Ranji Trophy with a call-up to the ODI side for the first time since December 2013.

    Speaking to the Maharashtra Times, Yograj said Yuvraj was back in the team because Dhoni was no longer the captain. Yograj went on to add that he had predicted this two years ago and that is what has happened now.

    Yograj has never shied away from speaking his mind about Dhoni and even launched a foul-mouthed tirade against the then skipper for excluding Yuvraj from India's World Cup squad in 2015. Yograj has consistently questioned Dhoni's attitude towards Yuvraj when it comes to team selection.

    Dhoni and Yuvraj, though, have enjoyed a healthy equation throughout their career. Yuvraj has always applauded Dhoni's leadership and stated that he had absolutely no issues playing under him. Dhoni in characteristic style has always maintained a dignified silence.

    Dhoni stepped down as skipper of India's limited-overs team last week after a brief meeting with chief select MSK Prasad. Virat Kohli, who was already Test captain, will now lead India in all three formats.

    Yuvraj made an impressive return to the side as he cracked a fifty for India A against England XI on Tuesday in Mumbai. The left-hander's 48-ball 56 included six fours and two sixes.

    Yuvraj will hope to impress the selectors as Kohli's Men in Blue take on Eoin Morgan's England side in the first ODI in Pune.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.s...?client=safari

  15. #95
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,836
    Mentioned
    816 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket.mad View Post
    Whatever may be the intentions of yograj singh in raking up this controversy,what i see is that he has spoken lot of facts about cunning dhoni and the facts which were never spoken by anyone till now..dhoni is a big,big stage manager and a great actor infront of media.he single handedly was responsible for dravid,vvs,viru,gauti etc etc's ouster from the team and his scheming mentality and the accumen through which he achieves his selfish ends are well known to cricket fans..
    I am very surprised by this post of yours bro.

    Dravid retired after he lost all his abilities when he kept repeatedly getting bowled in Aus.
    Laxman retired cos he was finished too. In fact, selectors wanted to give him one last series vs NZ at home cos he wasn't announcing retirement.
    Sehwag became a joke and was thrown out near the end.
    Gambo too. Instead of working on his batting, he was more into excuses and media statements and was thrown out in the end.

    If you say Dhoni didn't have a good relationship with many of our top players, its a fair thing.

    But how was he responsible for unfairly throwing these people out? In fact, if anything, if he was responsible, he must be applauded. Too bad he couldn't throw out Tendulkar too. But that was humanely not possible.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,219
    Mentioned
    4191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    I am very surprised by this post of yours bro.

    Dravid retired after he lost all his abilities when he kept repeatedly getting bowled in Aus.
    Laxman retired cos he was finished too. In fact, selectors wanted to give him one last series vs NZ at home cos he wasn't announcing retirement.
    Sehwag became a joke and was thrown out near the end.
    Gambo too. Instead of working on his batting, he was more into excuses and media statements and was thrown out in the end.

    If you say Dhoni didn't have a good relationship with many of our top players, its a fair thing.

    But how was he responsible for unfairly throwing these people out? In fact, if anything, if he was responsible, he must be applauded. Too bad he couldn't throw out Tendulkar too. But that was humanely not possible.
    Assuming we stick to cricket mad's rhetoric even then Dhoni comes out the situation looking great because most those players were washed up goods

  17. #97
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    I am very surprised by this post of yours bro.

    Dravid retired after he lost all his abilities when he kept repeatedly getting bowled in Aus.
    Laxman retired cos he was finished too. In fact, selectors wanted to give him one last series vs NZ at home cos he wasn't announcing retirement.
    Sehwag became a joke and was thrown out near the end.
    Gambo too. Instead of working on his batting, he was more into excuses and media statements and was thrown out in the end.

    If you say Dhoni didn't have a good relationship with many of our top players, its a fair thing.

    But how was he responsible for unfairly throwing these people out? In fact, if anything, if he was responsible, he must be applauded. Too bad he couldn't throw out Tendulkar too. But that was humanely not possible.
    I agree with u that those players may be nearing their ends but dont consider dhoni a saint .he is a cunning,scheming man who had good relations with srini because of which he survived so long.
    if it was upto selectors he would have been dropped both as captain and player in tests.if the captain is shamelessly clinging on to his captaincy through backdoor channels it doesnt throw him in good light.

    what has india achevied by continuing him as a captain and player post 2011? Test team stagnated big time and how can a team pergorm to its potential if the captain is not interested in the format and playing just for his bank balance

  18. #98
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,836
    Mentioned
    816 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    I agree with u that those players may be nearing their ends but dont consider dhoni a saint .he is a cunning,scheming man who had good relations with srini because of which he survived so long.
    if it was upto selectors he would have been dropped both as captain and player in tests.if the captain is shamelessly clinging on to his captaincy through backdoor channels it doesnt throw him in good light.

    what has india achevied by continuing him as a captain and player post 2011? Test team stagnated big time and how can a team pergorm to its potential if the captain is not interested in the format and playing just for his bank balance
    Don't think Dhoni is a saint but I was speaking reg this situation where he did what was needed for India.

    Truth be told, Dhoni is not the selfless captain he is made out to be.

    He stuck on to T20 captaincy for 8 years when all other nations used that format to get fresh faces and captains on board.

    In tests, he should have been sacked a long time ago. Srini played a huge role in him staying at the helm for so long (personally saved him in 2012 when Kohli was made captain by selectors who themselves made a wrong move of stripping Dhoni of ODI captaincy due to his test performances...after that Srini save, Dhoni continued on for a long time in all formats).

    Even in ODIs, he should have retired after WC 2015 to give a new skipper chance to grow and build the team he wants. But he stuck on and now as per reports, he was asked to step down. No one knows whats the truth but if a guy doesn't quit for 2+ years after a WC, why would he suddenly quit after winning a home series against a team? Logical deduction says he was asked to step down (maybe politely but firmly).


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    7,731
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yograj's dad is an opportunist. He is using it to be in limelight. Nothing new there.

    Its no secret MSD has wanted seniors out because they were nothing but holding back the ODI team and we could see the result with our fielding improving by miles.

    Its no surprise though MSD has lot of haters because Sehwag, Dravid, Yuvraj, Gambhir have a huge fan base and they just can't take it that he wrote their premature demise which was unlike the usual culture of players staying on till they please.

    Watching Sehwag still rue that he was dropped before he could retire just irks me, its like he thinks team owed him that for his performances before. Glad this culture is a thing of a past.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    Yograj's dad is an opportunist. He is using it to be in limelight. Nothing new there.

    Its no secret MSD has wanted seniors out because they were nothing but holding back the ODI team and we could see the result with our fielding improving by miles.

    Its no surprise though MSD has lot of haters because Sehwag, Dravid, Yuvraj, Gambhir have a huge fan base and they just can't take it that he wrote their premature demise which was unlike the usual culture of players staying on till they please.

    Watching Sehwag still rue that he was dropped before he could retire just irks me, its like he thinks team owed him that for his performances before. Glad this culture is a thing of a past.
    U can do that to the players because u r a captain but when u r going to be booted out by selection commitee u went to u r srini mama who saved u with his veto vote.how shameful of him to continue knowing fully he is not wanted by the selectors.what has india acheived by continuing him as captain and player

  21. #101
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    Yograj's dad is an opportunist. He is using it to be in limelight. Nothing new there.

    Its no secret MSD has wanted seniors out because they were nothing but holding back the ODI team and we could see the result with our fielding improving by miles.

    Its no surprise though MSD has lot of haters because Sehwag, Dravid, Yuvraj, Gambhir have a huge fan base and they just can't take it that he wrote their premature demise which was unlike the usual culture of players staying on till they please.

    Watching Sehwag still rue that he was dropped before he could retire just irks me, its like he thinks team owed him that for his performances before. Glad this culture is a thing of a past.
    So booting other seniors is good for the team but him staying in the team through dubious means by scheming against selection chairman who was booted out just to continue this loser captain who has done irrepairable damage to the team in test format .so why double standards when it comes to him ?

  22. #102
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    7,731
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    U can do that to the players because u r a captain but when u r going to be booted out by selection commitee u went to u r srini mama who saved u with his veto vote.how shameful of him to continue knowing fully he is not wanted by the selectors.what has india acheived by continuing him as captain and player
    I wanted him gone as well after 2012 white-wash but only from tests. While selectors wanted to strip him of ODI captaincy as well and in case you forgot, 2013 CT, hello!?

    As for him going to Srini, I'd like you to share the concrete proof you have of that because you seem so sure. I am sure you also believe Srini and MSD fixed IPL to keep CSK on top. And that CSK players were favoured for selection.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    So booting other seniors is good for the team but him staying in the team through dubious means by scheming against selection chairman who was booted out just to continue this loser captain who has done irrepairable damage to the team in test format .so why double standards when it comes to him ?
    Again this is clearly something you know and have proof of, because you sound just so sure about it. Please share the evidence, so he can be stripped of all his accolades. Otherwise, you're just a mere troll concocting theories because you hate the man.

  23. #103
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    Yograj's dad is an opportunist. He is using it to be in limelight. Nothing new there.

    Its no secret MSD has wanted seniors out because they were nothing but holding back the ODI team and we could see the result with our fielding improving by miles.

    Its no surprise though MSD has lot of haters because Sehwag, Dravid, Yuvraj, Gambhir have a huge fan base and they just can't take it that he wrote their premature demise which was unlike the usual culture of players staying on till they please.

    Watching Sehwag still rue that he was dropped before he could retire just irks me, its like he thinks team owed him that for his performances before. Glad this culture is a thing of a past.
    Why the same thing didnt happen to him? Is it due to his crooked connections with sreeni mama ?its nice to give sermons to others but if the same player is staying there by crooked means it looks funny right ?

  24. #104
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    I wanted him gone as well after 2012 white-wash but only from tests. While selectors wanted to strip him of ODI captaincy as well and in case you forgot, 2013 CT, hello!?

    As for him going to Srini, I'd like you to share the concrete proof you have of that because you seem so sure. I am sure you also believe Srini and MSD fixed IPL to keep CSK on top. And that CSK players were favoured for selection.



    Again this is clearly something you know and have proof of, because you sound just so sure about it. Please share the evidence, so he can be stripped of all his accolades. Otherwise, you're just a mere troll concocting theories because you hate the man.
    Selection chairman mohinder amarnath him self said that.their selection was vetoed by sreeni mama.read something before calling others trolls .what is the use of a selection commitee if his side kick is going to veto their decisions
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 11th January 2017 at 17:07.

  25. #105
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    I wanted him gone as well after 2012 white-wash but only from tests. While selectors wanted to strip him of ODI captaincy as well and in case you forgot, 2013 CT, hello!?

    As for him going to Srini, I'd like you to share the concrete proof you have of that because you seem so sure. I am sure you also believe Srini and MSD fixed IPL to keep CSK on top. And that CSK players were favoured for selection.



    Again this is clearly something you know and have proof of, because you sound just so sure about it. Please share the evidence, so he can be stripped of all his accolades. Otherwise, you're just a mere troll concocting theories because you hate the man.
    U urself is admitting that dhoni should have resigned after white washes atleast from test captaincy.then why did he continue till 2014? Is it for good of the team ? Him throwiing out seniors is a good decision according to u but if he continues shamelessly then it is ok.why double standards man ?

  26. #106
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    7,731
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    Why the same thing didnt happen to him? Is it due to his crooked connections with sreeni mama ?its nice to give sermons to others but if the same player is staying there by crooked means it looks funny right ?
    MSD till now was captain so his place in side wasn't in question. Now his performance will be scrutinized even more, not sure how you can say he's in the ODI side by crooked means.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    Selection chairman mohinder amarnath him self said that.their selection was vetoed by sreeni mama.read something before calling others trolls .what is the use of a selection commitee if his side kick is going to veto their decisions
    Yeah because an outgoing selection chairman may not have a grudge against the regime that kicked him out and his theory has to be taken word for word.. Sure.

    It's plausible that Sreeni may have had a big part in over-ruling the decision of sacking Dhoni. What I don't get is how you came to a conclusion MSD was involved big time in Mohinder's ouster?
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 11th January 2017 at 16:58.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    7,731
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    U urself is admitting that dhoni should have resigned after white washes atleast from test captaincy.then why did he continue till 2014? Is it for good of the team ? Him throwiing out seniors is a good decision according to u but if he continues shamelessly then it is ok.why double standards man ?
    Firstly it'd be easier if you could reply in one post. Unless post count is a huge deal to you. There's no hurry, take your time and reply to the entire post.

    And to your point, who said I am ok with Dhoni continuing till 2014? Dhoni hardly kicked out seniors in test format, they were forced out due to poor performances and team's horrible showing away. RD and Laxman had to go, doesn't matter who was behind it.

    The fact that he continued as captain was poor decision from selection committee, but I can see where they were coming from. Kohli was far from the player he was in 2014. And other seniors Sehwag, Gambhir, Zaheer just faded away, so you could say they had no choice but to continue with MSD till Kohli settled himself into test format. Which btw before 2014 series also he wasn't. In fact fortunately for him he used that series to show he belonged in the format.
    Last edited by Cricfan4eva; 11th January 2017 at 16:32.

  28. #108
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,139
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    MSD till now was captain so his place in side wasn't in question. Now his performance will be scrutinized even more, not sure how you can say he's in the ODI side by crooked means.



    Yeah because an outgoing selection chairman may not have a grudge against the regime that kicked him out and his theory has to be taken word for word.. Sure.

    It's plausible that Sreeni may have had a big part in over-ruling the decision of sacking Dhoni. What I don't get is how you came to a conclusion MSD was involved big time in Mohinder's ouster?
    Sir u have to understand a thing called self respect.why would a self respecting man want to continue when his decisions are vetoed by srini mama.u have to umferstand that chairman of selectors cannot remove the captain on his own.it has to be a minimum 3:2 decision in favour of his outster.so according to u other selectors also has grudge against dhoni so they decided to remove him right ?

  29. #109
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Den of RCB
    Runs
    309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UV and MSD after yday's game


  30. #110
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    817
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yograj already looked like a fool because of how chummy MSD and Yuvi have become since Yuvi's return. He's now reminding everyone again. Basically it's jealousy.

  31. #111
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    15,947
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    I was not critical about MS Dhoni, he should have stood by Yuvraj Singh in tough times: Yograj

    Yuvraj Singh’s father and former cricketer Yograj Singh congratulates his son for a wonderful comeback as the left-handed batsman scored his 14th ODI century against England in Cuttack and helped India take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series, which concluded in Kolkata on January 22.

    Speaking to Indian Express, Yograj revealed that when he used to train Yuvraj, “People use to say that I’m being harsh with the nine-year old and said that if he continues to train like this he would die. They use to call me ‘a heartless father’ but somewhere or the other I had a belief that this child has the caliber to achieve great heights. We use to train for 2 to 3 hours everyday and I think the struggle he has gone or the patience he has shown, God has been kind to him.”

    “I believe age doesn’t matter, it’s the way you keep your body fit. The way Yuvi, Virat Kohli or MS Dhoni are playing they can play till 40. Yuvraj has won us matches in past, he has played so many match winning knocks. Only thing that hurts me is that we wasted a lot of time. We could have won the 2015 World Cup if he would have been in the squad. Dhoni’s burden could have been shared.”

    Yuvraj surpassed his personal best score of 139 which had come against Australia in 2003-04. His knock of 150 is also the highest by any Indian batsman against England.

    Recalling his chat with Yuvraj, Yograj said “I told him that you could have scored a double hundred quite easily. Better try in the next game to which he laughed and said dad you had told me the same when I had scored 169 (in a Test match against Pakistan in 2007).”

    “The way both of them (Yuvraj and MS Dhoni) batted and rescued India, this had made me forgive Dhoni. The way the duo batted and supported each other, this showed their love for each other, their love for the country.

    Yuvraj and Dhoni put on 256 runs for the fourth wicket to help India post a mammoth 381/6 after being put into bat. Both the veterans came together with India in trouble at 25 for three, and put up a record partnership to put their team in a commanding position. Their partnership of 256 is now the second best partnership for the fourth wicket.

    “This was the most beautiful partnership I have ever seen, both of them shouldered each other, running between the wickets was superb. I’m glad that Dhoni also scored his century. He deserved it. And with Dhoni and Yuvi in the middle, India can go and win tournaments in future. Both of them are great players and great finishers.”

    “And I was never critical about him (Dhoni). According to me, being a captain he should have gone to the selectors and should have said that I need him (Yuvraj) in the middle order. But unfortunately he wasted 2-3 years of Yuvi’s cricket career. Better late than never, he is back and I thank Virat for showing confidence in my son and I’m sure he will go on to win more matches for India.”

    Yuvraj, making his comeback after two years, had a disappointing match in Pune. The 35-year-old all-rounder scored 15 runs but found his feet in the second ODI at Cuttack. He scored his 14th ODI ton and his first after World Cup 2011 smashing 21 fours and three maximums in the process.

    “When he is in the squad, you have a batsman, finisher, a fielder, bowler who can bowl crucial overs in between or provide you with wickets and more importantly an experienced player with valuable advises. I consider that he still has four-five years of cricket left in him.”

    He also heaped praises for his daughter-in-law Hazel Keech and said that she motivates Yuvraj a lot. She follows the same diet, exercises together. By the Grace of God, she has been very supportive and I pray that the bond these two share, never ends.

    “I know that my son keeps working harder and harder. I assume ‘mental strength’ of mind is very important and after fighting against cancer he has achieved that. He knows how to stay strong during tough time and I wish him much more success.” concluded Yograj, who feels Yuvraj will finish as one of the greats like Indian legend Sachin Tendulkar.

    http://www.sportal.co.in/cricket/i-w...-times-yograj/


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •