Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iam already praying

we need a kohli 180 odd master class in the final in front of 80 k odd indians at the MCG

come on dhoni

KOHLI HAS ONLY FAILED 5 KOs he aint a bottler.....bottler is amla coz he failed 3 KOS...kohli is not yet one....dhoni you gotta save this

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Inzi is also better than Amla in knockouts so far
    agree and de silva ponting viv gilly imran jaya better than sachin in biggest pressure situation (a world cup final)

" It is true, Pakistan cricket is not defined by planning, it is not defined by team work and it is not defined by an entire match. It is defined by moments, moments of inspiration, moments of magic, moments when the unsung become the sung, when the world starts rotating in the opposite direction, when the abnormal becomes the normal, when delusion becomes logic – it is when the stars align. "

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4768 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Yes.... lets include his CT performances!

If that's the case, why not include our 2 victories over India when counting the streak?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1027 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Care to list some pressure knocks by Amla?

For knockouts we will obviously talk about all knockouts.Just because Amla failed doesnt mean they are irrelevant
    Pressure knock in what? ODIs? tests?

No, I am talking about WC KO matches where Kohli has been an absolute failure. I don't rate the CT which is a third grade tournament and the T20 WC is irrelevant in a thread about ODIs.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Lahori View Post
    Yes.... lets include his CT performances!

If that's the case, why not include our 2 victories over India when counting the streak?
    because that goes against india

" It is true, Pakistan cricket is not defined by planning, it is not defined by team work and it is not defined by an entire match. It is defined by moments, moments of inspiration, moments of magic, moments when the unsung become the sung, when the world starts rotating in the opposite direction, when the abnormal becomes the normal, when delusion becomes logic – it is when the stars align. "

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us also include IPL to big up this hack who cannot score in tough conditions against good oppositions...though he would love a ko against sri lanka in future to get a 180 odd master class

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1027 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Inzi is also better than Amla in knockouts so far
    Inzi is miles ahead of Kohli in WC KO matches. The next Sachin/Ponting/Lara couldn't play an innings like that in his dreams.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Nobody here even claimed that Amla is better than Kohli in T20s but this T20 argument ls being used to defend Kohli ODI failures height of insecurity

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Just praying Dhoni will win this Semi for India because i want to witness a double hundred by Kohli in Final that he is saving from last 5 KO matches.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike Rate View Post
    Just praying Dhoni will win this Semi for India because i want to witness a double hundred by Kohli in Final that he is saving from last 5 KO matches.
    you are just an insecure member of the BHAI association

a 200?....why not a first 300 in ODIS in a grand FINAL at the MCG...why do you undermine kohli so much

we at TIRANGA CLUB BELIEVE KOHLI HAS A 300 for final

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Inzi is miles ahead of Kohli in WC KO matches. The next Sachin/Ponting/Lara couldn't play an innings like that in his dreams.
    Dude, you are taking it a bit far.He scored in both semis and final of t20 cup previous year.i think today, he froze undet the pressure.this wicket is a patta and he has scored on better wickets.just not today.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bill_123 View Post
    you are just an insecure member of the BHAI association

a 200?....why not a first 300 in ODIS in a grand FINAL at the MCG...why do you undermine kohli so much

we at TIRANGA CLUB BELIEVE KOHLI HAS A 300 for final
    hmmm ok what is the criteria to get entry in Tiranga Club in case Kohli score a 300 in Final and i need to hide?

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Johannesburg, SA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Care to list some pressure knocks by Amla?

For knockouts we will obviously talk about all knockouts.Just because Amla failed doesnt mean they are irrelevant
    What difference does it make? Amla is an opener, Kohli is not. And #3 is not the same as opening.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1027 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain123 View Post
    Dude, you are taking it a bit far.He scored in both semis and final of t20 cup previous year.i think today, he froze undet the pressure.this wicket is a patta and he has scored on better wickets.just not today.
    Which both semis? Please don't mention the Champions Trophy when I've clearly said I'm talking about the World Cup. He's a good T20 player but that doesn't matter in this discussion.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    How many runs kohli made today?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1027 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Nobody here even claimed that Amla is better than Kohli in T20s but this T20 argument ls being used to defend Kohli ODI failures height of insecurity
    Exactly. Can Kohli ever score a nearly run a ball 196 to win South Africa the last match of a test series against Australia in Australia in the their last innings? Nope. However, no one brings that in to defend his ODI failures.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm ok what is the criteria to get entry in Tiranga Club in case Kohli score a 300 in Final and i need to hide?
    you cant mate....way too many conditions....hate every bearded guy...use amla's pp smiley in every post....even if its a thread related to namibia's batting...go in and bash amla for being the bottler that he is....watch all of anushka's movies in theaters and cheer for her like kohli does on twitter...and also download kohli's 183 CLUTCH knock in hd,2k and 4k and show it to the world whenever kohli fails to do the same in a KO...he does not actually fail a KO btw...dont u dare say that he actually takes it a bit lightly

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4768 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    because that goes against india
    Worst fans in the world. Then there's a flood of them as well.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    you cant mate....way too many conditions....hate every bearded guy...use amla's pp smiley in every post....even if its a thread related to namibia's batting...go in and bash amla for being the bottler that he is....watch all of anushka's movies in theaters and cheer for her like kohli does on twitter...and also download kohli's 183 CLUTCH knock in hd,2k and 4k and show it to the world whenever kohli fails to do the same in a KO...he does not actually fail a KO btw...dont u dare say that he actually takes it a bit lightly
    WTH i better go and suicide than doing all this crap!

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTH i better go and suicide than doing all this crap!
    its not crap....you are just insecure

we at Tiranga Club have a blast...hell we may even bash amla for not showing up to the second semi(ind vs aus) coz he is a bottler....dont tell me he was not eligible for the match he has indian blood

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    its not crap....you are just insecure

we at Tiranga Club have a blast...hell we may even bash amla for not showing up to the second semi(ind vs aus) coz he is a bottler....dont tell me he was not eligible for the match he has indian blood
    ok i will try my best but please select me in this club even if i get 33% marks

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok i will try my best but please select me in this club even if i get 33% marks
    no way....you need 183%

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He needs to get married to Anuskha and get over with this drama.

But still he is a big match winner, he did a youvi in last T20 wc here.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    When you can't perform, you deserve criticism.

He has been overall bad in this WC even though he scored against Pak and SA.

Bang flop and now Aus flop.

Pathetic.

Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post

Pathetic.
    TBH that was a selfish knock against Pakistan played like a 1000 balls after getting 2 chances Raina and others saved his face there by scoring fast.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't even in my wildest dreams, i thought kohli would go out like that way.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Still a great player.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    don't even in my wildest dreams, i thought kohli would go out like that way.
    can't blame him pressure can do anything

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    TBH that was a selfish knock against Pakistan played like a 1000 balls after getting 2 chances Raina and others saved his face there by scoring fast.
    WRONG.

Against Pakistan it was a scratchy knock but not selfish.

I guess at this rate, every scratchy and gritty knock in this world can be called selfish.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1027 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Pathetic.
    Scored against South Africa? a 30 odd is no score, especially at a poor SR. That hundred against Pak was one of , if not the worst of this entire World Cup.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    WRONG.

Against Pakistan it was a scratchy knock but not selfish.

I guess at this rate, every scratchy and gritty knock in this world can be called selfish.
    well we can agree to disagree here bro for me it was just like Sachin against Bangla but this time others players did the face saving

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can't blame him pressure can do anything
    kohli was perhaps the least batsman who was in a pressure situation. game was all set. 6 per over. you just needed to rotate the strike.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pathetic.
    scored against sa?

then even amla scored against pak....pathetic how benchmarks change so drastically for both batsmen from your club...you also consider his knock in ct final to be one of the all time great knocks dont you lol...amazing how these little contributions which did not exactly win or lose the game for india are held legendary coz its kohli

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    kohli was perhaps the least batsman who was in a pressure situation. game was all set. 6 per over. you just needed to rotate the strike.
    yea but those many dots he played made him play that shot

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    well we can agree to disagree here bro for me it was just like Sachin against Bangla but this time others players did the face saving
    SRT against Bangladesh was selfish.

But this was like SRT against Pak of 2011.

Match winning inspite of being scratchy.

SR was still 84. Got out slogging. India botched up the death scoring which is why this looks worse than what it is.

It hardly selfish.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's had an extremely poor WC except the first couple of games. He should realize the team expects him to bat through most of the innings.

As for being a "bottler" - NO. He didn't flop because he got under pressure. He flopped because he has this tendency to go in a zone where he bats like Umar Akmal. He's played a few clutch innings under pressure to label him a bottler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    scored against sa?

then even amla scored against pak....pathetic how benchmarks change so drastically for both batsmen from your club...you also consider his knock in ct final to be one of the all time great knocks dont you lol...amazing how these little contributions which did not exactly win or lose the game for india are held legendary coz its kohli
    Apparently your love for Amla is blinding you to truth and making you twist facts.

1. I never called CT as one of the best knocks. If you accuse me of that, its a blatant lie.
    2. Kohli scored 46 which was decent and I meant to say apart from Pak and SA he didn't do much. Didn't say he had a great SA match.

I never defend anyone's screw ups. Be it Kohli or SRT's WC finals.

When people screw up, I call it as it is.

Amla has been useless this WC. And useless in every pressure game.
    Kohli has been rubbish last WC and below par in this WC and useless in knockouts till now.

All SRT comparisons of Kohli are laughable now and since I said Kohli could be better than SRT (in the future), I am feeling silly.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously how can this guy get compared to Viv and the other great ODI players.
    He is just simply a choker

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Absolutely awful stuff. I don't even care how he got out, he needed to come good tonight. I'm as big a Kohli fan out there and he failed in this WC. Extremely disappointed. He still has 2 WCs to go and the next one is in England where he usually struggles so let's see how he goes there.

I consider him an ODI great but he needs to perform big on the grandest stage of them all before retiring or it will prevent him from becoming a true ATG.

For now, he's as big a WC choker as Amla. I'm here to grab my share of humble pie as I backed him to go big in this tournament. Hope he comes back stronger.

"You come at the King. You best not miss."

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, he's a bottler

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I'm shocked and sad. I really wanted him to score a meaningful contribution. Wanted some classic Kohli runs.

He bottled it.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Yup, Kohli definitely joins in the bottler brigade after that terrible knock.

But he's still not as bad as Amla. Kohli at least has a couple of knocks at the world t20 and CT to his name. To the people wondering why I'm bringing those competitions into the fray, well the reason I am is because, different format or not, they carry the same pressure, knowing that this could be your final innings and they carry similar value, so I dont think they can be disregarded.

Also love how people who moan about the treatment receives are viciously attacking bhai now

They're both bottlers and always will be until they perform in a knock out game. Simple as

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Yup, Kohli definitely joins in the bottler brigade after that terrible knock.

But he's still not as bad as Amla. Kohli at least has a couple of knocks at the world t20 and CT to his name. To the people wondering why I'm bringing those competitions into the fray, well the reason I am is because, different format or not, they carry the same pressure, knowing that this could be your final innings and they carry similar value, so I dont think they can be disregarded.

Also love how people who moan about the treatment receives are viciously attacking bhai now

They're both bottlers and always will be until they perform in a knock out game. Simple as
    ok so there is no pressure when you score runs against top opposition in their own backyard to win matches for your team in a format called TEST! love it when people ignore one format and mentioned others to prove their point!

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Kohli...

can you give it back now?

abh do dei day yaar

DJ. BRAAVO. DJ. BRAAVO. CHAMPION. CHAMPION.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha iam waiting for star sports to make a MAUKA MAUKA ad now with the ending WE WONT GIVE IT BACK

kohli is unlucky he aint getting the FINAL at MCG coz a 200 was on cards from the SRI LANKA BASHER

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    ok so there is no pressure when you score runs against top opposition in their own backyard to win matches for your team in a format called TEST! love it when people ignore one format and mentioned others to prove their point!
    In test cricket you can play 10 overs and score practically nothing. You have all the time in the world to accumulate runs at whatever SR you please.

Limited overs are a totally different story, you HAVE to score and in the modern game you have to do it quick. Thats where the true pressure comes IMO, having to score at whatever pace the match requires, unlike tests where in pretty much any situation an opener can play at a sub 40 SR no problem.

Amla cannot score in a knock out limited overs game when required to play at a decent pace. Neither can Kohli, but at least Kohli has a couple of knocks to point at. Amla has none whatsoever.

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    kohli is no viv. he's not even a tendulkar in knockout games.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    In test cricket you can play 10 overs and score practically nothing. You have all the time in the world to accumulate runs at whatever SR you please.

Limited overs are a totally different story, you HAVE to score and in the modern game you have to do it quick. Thats where the true pressure comes IMO, having to score at whatever pace the match requires, unlike tests where in pretty much any situation an opener can play at a sub 40 SR no problem.

Amla cannot score in a knock out limited overs game when required to play at a decent pace. Neither can Kohli, but at least Kohli has a couple of knocks to point at. Amla has none whatsoever.
    Well i have heard it all ignoring the top format while throwing T20 argument to defend someone ODI failures when nobody even questioned Kohli in T20s and not even said Amla is ahead of Kohli in T20. Move one agree to disagree with you

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Well i have heard it all ignoring the top format while throwing T20 argument to defend someone ODI failures when nobody even questioned Kohli in T20s and not even said Amla is ahead of Kohli in T20. Move one agree to disagree with you
    The reason I'm including the t20 world cup is because ODI's have basically become long t20's. Not to mention in a t20 you have maybe one over to play yourself in and then start performing.

In ODI's you have about 5-6 overs before you start weighing the team down.

In Tests you have the entire innings to play at whatever pace you want. How can you not see the difference? Amla is an excellent test player, nobody is doubting that, what people doubt is his ability to perform under pressure in limited overs knock-outs. He hasnt done it once in 2 ODI world cups and in 2 world t20's or the champions trophy. His terrible record against non-Associate teams at world cups highlight this problem.. Kohli suffers this problem as well so dont get the impression I'm defending him, but as I said he at least has 1 or 2 innings to his name in pressure games, Amla has none.

I'm not disregarding the top format at all, but its totally meaningless in an ODI discussion when ODI has morphed into t20 plus nowadays, whereas tests havent changed at all

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kohli is a bottler like Amla. The only difference is, Kohli may have two more shots at the WC and may very well redeem himself.

"This one doesn't take the cake, it takes the bakery" - Gavaskar

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1027 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    He's an Irish fan. They haven't played a single test natch and thus don't know what that is all about.

Everyone else knows that Test Cricket is the real test of what you can do in pressure situations.

Amla > Kohli in WC KO matches but both have a lot to prove in England when the next edition rolls out.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    iam already praying

we need a kohli 180 odd master class in the final in front of 80 k odd indians at the MCG

come on dhoni

KOHLI HAS ONLY FAILED 5 KOs he aint a bottler.....bottler is amla coz he failed 3 KOS...kohli is not yet one....dhoni you gotta save this
    Lol what? After all 3>5, right?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    it is for us the members of tiranga club...atleast kohli batted 13 deliveries today if it was amla he would have been out in 5 or 7....kohli the BEAST

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    correct!

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This loss is on Kohli. He is the star batsman, he failed to turn up. India lost by almost 100 runs, the 100 everyone was expecting Kohli to put up. He failed to turn up and let down the team and his fans. He is going to carry this 1 run around his neck just like Sachin carried his 4 runs in the 2003 final.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sachin's 4 vs Kohli's 1

Two big bottlers...who bottled it more

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli is crap. Performed in some tests yeah, I think his career will be shortlived overall. His mentality will be his downfall.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Some much needed respite for brigade, and Kohli definitely failed in this tournament, but he is still more clutch compared to bhai.

Both have two World Cup hundreds; bhai against Netherlands and Ireland while Kohli got those hundreds against Bangladesh and Pakistan.

Kohli did his bit to overcome the notion that he can't bat first in ODIs by scoring a hundred vs. Pakistan, which was the most high pressure group game of the tournament.

Bhai was questioned over his chasing prowess, and he responded by failing against Pakistan and India (ignore the Sri Lanka game, small chase).

Overall, both were let-downs, but Kohli showed more mettle than bhai.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look at mamoon hahahahahha HE IS HURTING so he will bring up ALL THE EXCUSES under the sun now hahahaha

bring in t20's bro....even ipl hahahaa

The clutch player of all time got 1

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the tiranga club head is here...welcome mamoon sir

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    People saying 5 out of 5, he didn't really bottle it in the 2011 World cup Final. Played a crucial knock, when Shewag and Sachin got out early. If it wasn't for that partnership between Kohli and Ghambir then India might have lost it

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the tiranga club head is here...welcome mamoon sir
    bahut kush lag rahe hooo...pataken phode kya?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketfanfirst View Post
    bahut kush lag rahe hooo...pataken phode kya?
    nahi kharida nahi....socha kohli ka double hundred to pakka hai hi kharidke waste honge.....

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kohli failed today, and miserable World Cup apart from his knock against Pakistan. His team needed him to stay, but played a very reckless shot.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He failed miserably today and was looking under great pressure...

You don't get many chances to perform on one of the biggest stages in a cricketer's life and this will hurt him much!

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nahi kharida nahi....socha kohli ka double hundred to pakka hai hi kharidke waste honge.....
    kyon yaar...india hari tho sai...do char podlo...

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a **** post really. pressure in test cricket is not balls, it's being able to survive. Not every hack can actually do that.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kyon yaar...india hari tho sai...do char podlo...
    tumne jo kharide the jeet ke liye wohi de do phod dunga

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tumne jo kharide the jeet ke liye wohi de do phod dunga
    Nahi main Pak ke jeet key khushi mein...wow matash kar diye...

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rollingstoned View Post
    That's a **** post really. pressure in test cricket is not balls, it's being able to survive. Not every hack can actually do that.
    Well said but some people find it hard to understand Test cricket can't blame them.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nahi main Pak ke jeet key khushi mein...wow matash kar diye...
    lol good one....

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    The Moon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kohli is still class and he is better than any batsmen Pakistan has produced in a decade. Just because he had a bad world cup doesn't make him a bottler.

Have you ever been to heaven at night?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Kohli is anyday better than Amla in pressure situations but he has been exposed this WC.

That's for sure.

We are talking about LOIs here. Amla is ANYDAY a better Test batsman.

Both of them have failed in 2 WCs in this batting era and that's beyond pathetic for batsmen who are in the running for ATG slots.

Dunno about Amla's chances in next WC but Kohli will definitely play 1 more WC if not 2.

Mental note to myself

Pujara's overseas ownage, Amla's hopeless bottling and Kohli twin WC flops shows SAMPLE SET matters.

You just have to wait for a few years to see who stands where.

Calling people ATG is just silly.

No one would call Amla an ODI ATG now and no one will call Kohli too.

On the other hand, ABDV has enhanced his reputation and shown the world why he is an ATG ODI batsman (who is quickly moving towards the GOAT ODI status).

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The moment Mr. Anu$hka dropped the catch i knew he will bottle it today

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Champions Trophy and World T20s are included because the discussion is about ICC tournaments.

Bhai brigade don't like to bring those tournaments to the table because it proves that compared to Amla bhai, Kohli is more clutch.

Amla bhai has been garbage in every single ICC tournament, while Kohli has at least something to show for.

Even in World Cups, Kohli has a hundred vs. Pakistan while both of Amla bhai's hundreds have come against associates.

Bringing in Kohli (who has a lot to prove) to justify Amla bhai's grandiose bottling serves no purpose, because compared to Amla bhai, Kohli is more clutch.

Besides, he has two more World Cups to prove his worth; Amla bhai at best has one World Cup, and he might be past his prime at that point.

The streak example makes no sense, because the World Cup streak is different from the Champions Trophy streak. Yes, we did have a Champions Trophy streak of our own. So?

The argument is about Kohli and Amla bhai's performance in ICC tournaments, not just World Cups but even if you consider World Cups in isolation, his cameo in the 2011 Final was better than anything Amla bhai has produced in knockouts and he has a hundred vs. Pakistan, compared to Amla bhai who has both of his hundreds vs. Associates.

There is absolutely no gauge by which you can come with a half-convincing argument that Amla bhai isn't a much bigger bottler than Kohli, even if you consider World Cups only.

Bhai brigade is rejoicing today and they have the right to do so given the nightmare of a World Cup that they had, but using Kohli to justify Amla bhai's choking serves no purpose because he has better performances in ICC tournaments.

The only reason Bhai brigade disregards other ICC tournaments because it makes this discussion look embarrassing. If you keep it to World Cups only, Bhai brigade at least has some ground to stand on.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kohli is anyday better than Amla in pressure situations but he has been exposed this WC.

That's for sure.

We are talking about LOIs here. Amla is ANYDAY a better Test batsman.

Both of them have failed in 2 WCs in this batting era and that's beyond pathetic for batsmen who are in the running for ATG slots.

Dunno about Amla's chances in next WC but Kohli will definitely play 1 more WC if not 2.

Mental note to myself

Pujara's overseas ownage, Amla's hopeless bottling and Kohli twin WC flops shows SAMPLE SET matters.
    Not sure.

Amla hasn't failed under pressure as much as Kohli. I mean, 3 vs. 5?

Also, the hopeless batting bit, don't think Amla's bad patch was ever as bad as Kohli's. Amla still scored runs in the tournament, Kohli couldn't barring one match where he was given chances.

Also, the difference in away averages of Amla and Kohli.. that reveals a lot. Kohli has very contrasting averages - averaging in 20s when you consider his performances away..

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wow, the levels of jealousy and insecurities from both sides is hilarious, even the trolls are succumbing to the pressures created by both brigades!
    We have hour long essays from some^ to defend Amla while we have people viciously bumping Kohli threads on the other end of the spectrum.

The only thing both of them proved was that there is only one ATG batsman in ODIs currently and that is none other than Misbah Ul Haq

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mamoon, your post has a Shehzad-esque defence. Just not good enough...

If you're going to include every other format, then know it that only ABDV is better than Amla in Tests...

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CT and World t 20 are both largely forgettable tournaments anyway. I doubt any one will fondly reminsce of a CT semi final 100 in 120 balls from some player in 20 years time unless the match itself was really worth recalling. Same for the T20 world cup, it's not about moving goal posts to suit any argument just that pressure situations come in different forms and if you only included WCs or biennial ICC tournaments there is greater scope for randomness because of a very small sample size. Kohli failed today and Amla didn't fire in the world cup but I'm not sure you ought to read more into it than you really need to.