Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joly View Post
    Bangladesh is a good ODI team, if they concentrate more on cricket and less on celebrations on field they can be a good Test unit too, I think they will do well with proper guidance
    They need a lot of work to become a good test unit

They can start by playing their tests on good pitches with their first choice seamers like Taskin, Mustafiz along with Shakib as spinner. Taijul is decent too

Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood [Mindless Sloggers]

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericBrand View Post
    Rubel was BD's only regular 140k bowler, where was he injured? He's definitely going to lose some of that pace.
    He hasn't been given a contract. He is not in the World T20 squad, He wasn't anything special in T20, about time BCB are making some right decisions, thank god he got removed from Test as well.

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sion View Post
    So true. Australia are currently ranked 8th in T20s. They suck. They all do. Minnows.
    Tour Australia and try winning atleast one gane against the Aussies
    We did it in 2002 and many times
    India in 2008
    I repeat Pakistan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bangladesh in all 3 formats of the game

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Assam, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So true. Australia are currently ranked 8th in T20s. They suck. They all do. Minnows.
    The points difference in t20s is very small because of the less number of games every team plays. It's a no brainer, if any team loses a few games they will slide down the rankings. But you can see that there's a big point gap between the 8th and 9th team.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    United Arab Emirates
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khizr96 View Post
    Tour Australia and try winning atleast one gane against the Aussies
    We did it in 2002 and many times
    India in 2008
    I repeat Pakistan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bangladesh in all 3 formats of the game
    I don't get it why history needs to be brought back to life when commenting on the present. I mean if you have to go back to as far as 2002 to prove your point...well that does say something now, doesn't it? Guess what happened in 2003? Canada beat us in a world cup match. Yes Canada. Bunch of people who play weekend cricket beat us in a World Cup match.

Lets stick to that and keep calling Bangladesh minnows.

Bangladesh whitewashed Pakistan recently. If we went by history, Bangladesh would not have won even one match against Pakistan.

No we are not world beaters and yes as fans we get arrogant but that should not blind anyone from the fact that Bangladesh has improve a lot. We have been winning pretty consistently. And I will take winning just at home..how often does this team play abroad as it is....But there will always be people saying oh they never win outside...Dude Bangladesh never got a tour of India and this is a test playing country. **** ICC and the people involved in making FTPs.

We suck in T20s and have been poor at tests. Are we improving in both? Yes. Are we a strong team in ODIs. Yes. Very strong. Perhaps in top 5 or just about there.

Do not believe me? Look at the record since last one year. But wait I said not to look at history and yet here I am saying to look at the records of the last one year...well its the most recent data that you can collect...and this is the team that will go on to play future matches.

Team ODI performances since 2015

Bangladesh: Won 13 out of 19 matches. Lost 5. One match abandoned. Won series against Pakistan, India, South Africa and Zimbabwe. Lost matches against Sri Lanka, India (2 matches), New Zealand and South Africa. Beat England in Australia in a world cup match. Did not lose to any team ranked lower than us (played against Scotland, Afghanistan and Zimbabwe). Win percentage = 72%.

Pakistan: Won 12 out of 29 matches. Lost 16 matches. One match abandoned. Win percentage = Almost 43 %. But wait. Who did Pakistan win against? Three times they beat Sri Lanka, once each to England, South Africa, UAE and Ireland. The rest? 5 victories against Zimbabwe. Out of the twelve matches Pakistan won, 2 matches were against teams that have never played a test and 5 matches against a test playing nation that last played a test in 2014.

Pakistan lost once each to India, West Indies, Australia and Zimbabwe, twice against Sri Lanka, thrice against England (in Uae, so not exactly Englands strong point) and Bangladesh, and four times to New Zealand.

But hey, Pakistan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bangladesh in all 3 formats of the game.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't get it why history needs to be brought back to life when commenting on the present. I mean if you have to go back to as far as 2002 to prove your point...well that does say something now, doesn't it? Guess what happened in 2003? Canada beat us in a world cup match. Yes Canada. Bunch of people who play weekend cricket beat us in a World Cup match.

Bangladesh whitewashed Pakistan recently. If we went by history, Bangladesh would not have won even one match against Pakistan.

No we are not world beaters and yes as fans we get arrogant but that should not blind anyone from the fact that Bangladesh has improve a lot. We have been winning pretty consistently. And I will take winning just at home..how often does this team play abroad as it is....But there will always be people saying oh they never win outside...Dude Bangladesh never got a tour of India and this is a test playing country. **** ICC and the people involved in making FTPs.

We suck in T20s and have been poor at tests. Are we improving in both? Yes. Are we a strong team in ODIs. Yes. Very strong. Perhaps in top 5 or just about there.

Do not believe me? Look at the record since last one year. But wait I said not to look at history and yet here I am saying to look at the records of the last one year...well its the most recent data that you can collect...and this is the team that will go on to play future matches.

Bangladesh: Won 13 out of 19 matches. Lost 5. One match abandoned. Won series against Pakistan, India, South Africa and Zimbabwe. Lost matches against Sri Lanka, India (2 matches), New Zealand and South Africa. Beat England in Australia in a world cup match. Did not lose to any team ranked lower than us (played against Scotland, Afghanistan and Zimbabwe). Win percentage = 72%.

Pakistan: Won 12 out of 29 matches. Lost 16 matches. One match abandoned. Win percentage = Almost 43 %. But wait. Who did Pakistan win against? Three times they beat Sri Lanka, once each to England, South Africa, UAE and Ireland. The rest? 5 victories against Zimbabwe. Out of the twelve matches Pakistan won, 2 matches were against teams that have never played a test and 5 matches against a test playing nation that last played a test in 2014.

Pakistan lost once each to India, West Indies, Australia and Zimbabwe, twice against Sri Lanka, thrice against England (in Uae, so not exactly Englands strong point) and Bangladesh, and four times to New Zealand.

Sorry but unless Bangladesh beat Pakistan outside their home Pakistan >>>>>>>>Bangladesh in all 3 formats
    We have superior bowlers and better upcoming batsmen (Babar,Akmal,Sami Aslam)
    Our U19 WC performance in 2014 is a proof of that
    Your team cannot play outside home sorry....
    And btw you guys also lost to Hong Kong 2 years ago in the last t20 WC!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    United Arab Emirates
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but unless Bangladesh beat Pakistan outside their home Pakistan >>>>>>>>Bangladesh in all 3 formats
    We have superior bowlers and better upcoming batsmen (Babar,Akmal,Sami Aslam)
    Our U19 WC performance in 2014 is a proof of that
    Your team cannot play outside home sorry....
    And btw you guys also lost to Hong Kong 2 years ago in the last t20 WC!
    Your upcoming batsmen remain upcoming batsmen; only the name changes.
    Proof of U19 WC performances? Hellow Anwar Ali.
    Yes my team cannot play outside Bangladesh. Meanwhile reaches Quarter Finals (just like Pakistan) in the 2015 World Cup. Went to the next round in 2007 world cup, while Pakistan does not and the world cup that is held at home we choke and crash out in the first round. Wish we played outside more.
    We also lost to Afghanistan. We also lost to Ireland. And you lost to Ireland in 2007 World Cup. Good bye Inzi. Whats your point again?

Sorry but unless you bring better points other than Bangladesh sucked before so they suck now, I do not see where you are going with this.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh are Minnows in test cricket and t20 cricket and just above minnows level in odis

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    United Arab Emirates
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrom_ball View Post
    Bangladesh are Minnows in test cricket and t20 cricket and just above minnows level in odis
    Define minnows.

What is the criteria to be 'out' of minnow jail?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Define minnows.

Are you not minnows in test and t20?

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your upcoming batsmen remain upcoming batsmen; only the name changes.
    Proof of U19 WC performances? Hellow Anwar Ali.
    Yes my team cannot play outside Bangladesh. Meanwhile reaches Quarter Finals (just like Pakistan) in the 2015 World Cup. Went to the next round in 2007 world cup, while Pakistan does not and the world cup that is held at home we choke and crash out in the first round. Wish we played outside more.
    We also lost to Afghanistan. We also lost to Ireland. And you lost to Ireland in 2007 World Cup. Good bye Inzi. Whats your point again?

Sorry but unless you bring better points other than Bangladesh sucked before so they suck now, I do not see where you are going with this.
    Shabash!

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Define minnows.

Criteria? here is criteria, Win some credible tourney, A world Cup ? Can't win, ok a WT20? Can't win. CT? can't win. Ok heck even win an Asia cup and then come here and talk. untill then bangla will remain a certified minnows. You guys have not even ever won a test series vs top six teams even at home and this arrogance, can't imagine what will happen to your arrogance level when you somehow actually achieve any of these things. God Save us all from that day.

We Have Good Players Just Need to Find Good Selectors

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeshan547 View Post
    Criteria? here is criteria, Win some credible tourney, A world Cup ? Can't win, ok a WT20? Can't win. CT? can't win. Ok heck even win an Asia cup and then come here and talk. untill then bangla will remain a certified minnows. You guys have not even ever won a test series vs top six teams even at home and this arrogance, can't imagine what will happen to your arrogance level when you somehow actually achieve any of these things. God Save us all from that day.
    Imagine the day they win a test series vs a big team..

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indians and Pakistanis joining together to bully Bangladeshi posters lol

Also Bangladesh LOI side has improved, their fans have not

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    United Arab Emirates
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeshan547 View Post
    Where is the arrogance? Point it out where I have said we are going to win the Asia cup without any doubt; or where I hae stated that bangladesh are going to be champions?

All I am saying is we are not minnows and for people to understand that we have improved as a side. Is that too hard to understand?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    United Arab Emirates
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Indians and Pakistanis joining together to bully Bangladeshi posters lol

Also Bangladesh LOI side has improved, their fans have not
    Dont judge a book by its cover and a team by their fan/s

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    714 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Good team in LOIs.

Minnows in Tests.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dont judge a book by its cover and a team by their fan/s
    Haven't ,most of the posters know that Bangladesh has improved in LOIs everyone is just in denial.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kia kaha tha?
    Never perform well versus Pakistan in pressure
    5-0

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Minnows will minnows

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your views of todays match?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not minnows anymore, but certainly not world beaters like their fans claim.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They where treated like minnows today

" you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriouly though , Bangla has improved a little but not to an extent people think they have . Part of their sucess in recent days has been more due to decline of teams like SL and Pak rather than Bangla producing good cricketers over night . Their approach to LOI batting has improved & so has their pace bowling to an extent

" you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They are not minnows anymore. They are a force to reckon with in Bangladesh. Outside, they are very competitive and probably better than SL.

This said, Bangladeshi fans need to calm down a little bit. They are no world beaters either and will be defeated by most of the top teams outside Bangladesh most of the time.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    United Arab Emirates
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your views of todays match?
    We will continue to struggle every time teams pose such high scores.

I dont think we have the mental strength to deal with a score of 200 in tests matches.

Mashrafe during the post match presentation said that Shakib reached 50 and we scored almost 150. If thats seen as a positive then we wil continue to be a below average T20 side.

We cannot afford passengers. Mushfiqurs nightmare run continues. Mash is there just for captaincy. And no one has any clue what the role of Mithun is. Might as well replace him with Nasir.

Also there is not much you can do if this side of Afridi turns up.

All in all, one of those days that we want to forget and pretend didnt happen.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are not minnows - vastly improved side especially the batting.

I do think they need to play more games away from home so they can adjust to different conditions.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly no longer minnows in Limited Overs. Tests, maybe..

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They are minnows!

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not minnows in LOI cricket AT HOME. Thats all i will say.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Not minnows in LOI cricket AT HOME. Thats all i will say.
    Lol With so many conditions even Zimbabwe are not minnows

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still minnows

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zimbabwe are beatable anywhere in any format.

There arent many teams who are winning consistently outside their homes. Make of it what you want. They are hard to beat at their home now. So they fall in the category of non-minnows at their home.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not minnows! They deserve the respect and should be respected!
    However they looked very nervous and uncomfortable today. They didn't bowl like they had been doing against us in past 5 limited overs game. Bangladesh need to assert themselves outside their comfort zone(Bangladesh) as well. They bowled poorly, they batted poorly and they fielded poorly. Won't be going to too further with such a performance. Maybe they put too much pressure on themselves today. Bangladesh need to relax and enjoy their cricket like they do in their home.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    Not minnows! They deserve the respect and should be respected!
    However they looked very nervous and uncomfortable today. They didn't bowl like they had been doing against us in past 5 limited overs game. Bangladesh need to assert themselves outside their comfort zone(Bangladesh) as well. They bowled poorly, they batted poorly and they fielded poorly. Won't be going to too further with such a performance. Maybe they put too much pressure on themselves today. Bangladesh need to relax and enjoy their cricket like they do in their home.

Taskin bowled well though. Actually, the day Afridi & MoHa are in flow, they are almost unstoppable. In recent times, the best Test innings I saw was MoHa's 150 on the UAE turner - once set, he is a treat to watch for his timing. Besides, this wicket & ground is almost tailor made for Pakistan, unless you get them 2/3 down with new ball, almost every team 'll suffer.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Taskin bowled well though. Actually, the day Afridi & MoHa are in flow, they are almost unstoppable. In recent times, the best Test innings I saw was MoHa's 150 on the UAE turner - once set, he is a treat to watch for his timing. Besides, this wicket & ground is almost tailor made for Pakistan, unless you get them 2/3 down with new ball, almost every team 'll suffer.
    No pitch and ground in limited overs cricket could be phrased as 'tailored made for Pakistan'. Shehzad was making a comeback and Hafeez was low on confidence, but Bangladesh allowed them to play freely. They were able maintain a runrate of around 9 all the time which is ridiculous and tells you how poorly Bang bowled. Even without Afridi's blitz Pak were well set to score 180+ too. Bang body language seemed very different. The believe they can beat Pakistan seemed missing.

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They will remain minnows for a deacde more atleast.

Sent from my SM-A300F using Tapatalk

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    they aren't minnows but outside their home conditions they are still unproven and they won't be winning any games outside Bangladesh apart from maybe in SL and UAE. in LOIS there is very little to separate Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh were disappointing in their batting approach today. Despite wickets in hand, they gave up the ghost just too soon. That does not a tiger mentality make.

Very average mental performance for a supposedly resurgent side.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh is a glorified minnow.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh and India are both minnows and should be kicked out of the tournament. BD gets thrashed by a pak team in transition and india gets thrashed by conditions tailor-made for them. Both ruins the quality of the world cup

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    Bangladesh were disappointing in their batting approach today. Despite wickets in hand, they gave up the ghost just too soon. That does not a tiger mentality make.

Very average mental performance for a supposedly resurgent side.
    True. Seemed like they believed they can't chase down this total

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Bangladesh is a glorified minnow.
    Basically This ^^^^^

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messiah View Post
    Bangladesh and India are both minnows and should be kicked out of the tournament. BD gets thrashed by a pak team in transition and india gets thrashed by conditions tailor-made for them. Both ruins the quality of the world cup
    Think of the gully cricket. Who has the bat, he rules.

We have the money. Quality doesn't matter.

Bow in front of BCCI.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    stupid thread

Bangladesh is not a minnow anymore. Obviously, they will also have to lose matches now. You cant expect them to win every game.

Bangladesh is a low ranked team, but not a minnow.

Minnow is someone who you expect to lose.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wining a few games at home don't make you a world beater

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No they are not minnows any more despite the bad day at office today.

They may be on the lower half of big teams list but not really out of it.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without afridis score the match was close.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDwarriors View Post
    Without afridis score the match was close.
    How? When Afridi came to bat score was 121/2 in 13.5.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed this total domination very much. Feels so normal

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    stupid thread

Bangladesh is not a minnow anymore. Obviously, they will also have to lose matches now. You cant expect them to win every game.

Bangladesh is a low ranked team, but not a minnow.

Minnow is someone who you expect to lose.
    Exactly. They are not minnows. They can have a bad day too. Even india batted like minnows yesterday. But no since india have money and power you have to bow down to BCCI and its cheerleaders here.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today was like a big brother giving a slap to his cocky little brother for being disrespectful.

Alot of Bangla fans are like cocky little brother's.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except Zimbabwe can't beat associates even at home!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Hope the same Bangladesh show up for the match against us, but I expect them to improve as there is massive room for improvement.

But their hopes of making the SF's are gone.

There is no way they're beating India and Aus, however they may beat us.

They tend to play fearless brand of cricket against us.
    Last edited by Aman; 17th March 2016 at 00:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messiah View Post
    India are the number 1 T20 side in the world, if they have to qualify so should every other team

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamgeer View Post
    They will remain minnows for a deacde more atleast.

Sent from my SM-A300F using Tapatalk
    In T20's they haven't done much, I'd still back them to beat most sides in the SC in ODI's.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You have to be delusional to think they're still minnows. A minnow doesn't dominate 4/4 of the sides that tour for bilaterals and follows it up by getting to finals of a mini-tournament. They're not top ranked, but they're not minnows. 2nd best ODI Asian team, no need to be insecure about admitting this.

As far as t20s go, they're at least on par with SL who aren't minnows.

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Hope the same Bangladesh show up for the match against us, but I expect them to improve as there is massive room for improvement.

But their hopes of making the SF's are gone.

There is no way they're beating India and Aus, however they may beat us.

They tend to play fearless brand of cricket against us.
    Under Mashrafee we've played fearlessly against everyone. Some days it doesn't work against better teams.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    Except Zimbabwe can't beat associates even at home!
    Except they beat the Pakistan test team at home which Bangladesh can't even dream of for the next 100years, also they beat you in your home recently in t20s, if they are minnows then what are you?

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh has given up once Shabbir got out in 6th over. It shows how strong their batting lineup. LOL
    A good team fight till the end, So i think Bangladesh still minnows, unless they win next couple of matches and qualify for semi final.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will be a good thread for the coming years.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangladesh_Fan View Post
    I don't see how fans on PP are any different, one win vs south Africa after losing to west indies by 150 runs and barely making into the quartefinals and Pakistan fans open up threads like mark my words we will thrash Australia in the quarterfinals. And Mukhtar Ahmed is the next biggest star in cricket(After scoring runs vs mighty Zimbabwe)

Infact you won't see hate threads like these as much in the Bangladesh forums for any country. Overhyping exists here and everywhere too so stop pointing fingers at other fans.
    Because Pakistan has achieved for what the fans can do chest thumping.

You guys haven't achieved anything except some meaningless bi lateral series.

And overhyped threads? I goto Bangladeshi forum just to have a laugh. The insecurity that they show against Pakistani is unbelievable.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    And overhyped threads? I goto Bangladeshi forum just to have a laugh. The insecurity that they show against Pakistani is unbelievable.
    ...and India.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We may still go on to lose the next 3 games

However, that does not mean that we are in the minnow category. We are a decent team in ODIs and I am quite sure we can replicate that home and away. As for T20s, we are trying to find our feet.

Trust me, its an achievement itself that we went to the Asia Cup final and qualified ahead of Netherlands and Ireland to get into the main round. Its simply because we don't have a settled side yet. We don't have any alternatives. Soumya is failing but we don't have a replacement. We have a skinny finisher in Nasir who can't even put bat on ball these days and Mushy himself has been in a severe rut as far as form is concerned. He has a replacement in the squad, Nurul, but doesn't aspire some confidence. We even lost 2 T20Is to Zim with a similar side.

Problem is, we are not fielding our best possible XI. Arafat Sunny is not our best T20 bowler, we have 4-5 bowlers who are easily better. We are also missing Anamul Haque. We also need a big hitter down the order and we don't have any.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're only going to get better with the system they've developed. They've got some fine young players.

Need more bowling depth and a competent spinner.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No, and the ones who are saying so are only insecure.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if they are one but they sure played like one yesterday. At no point did they look like chasing the score down or atleast give Pakistan a semblance of a fight.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they aren't minnow anymore as their approach towards towards the game have changed drastically in recent years.

Previously they used to lose the game even before the starting of the match but now they know they can beat any opposition in any conditions.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They had psychologically given up during that Shahzad and Hafeez partnership. Pretty much minnow mentality. Its still there, need to respond better when the tables turn

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Mentally they havent grown out of 90s their rise is nothing better than rise of Kenya/Zimbabwe for a short period...You know a team is a minnow when they are not doing anything good in test cricket.

Bangladesh need change of attitude and learn how to take a defeat to grow themselves and getting counted as big boys. They were badly exposed in alst 2 matches they played. Indian batting absolutely toyed with them in final of Asia cup and the way my man Dhoni finished it was brutal and just yesterday when Pakistan got little bit of groove Bangladesh received a massive thumping conceding 200 runs and never actually looked like winning for 20 overs and actually closed the shop at around 11th 12th over.

جاگن والیاں رجّ کے لٹیا اے،
    سوئے تسیں وی او، سوئے اسیں وی آں۔

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    They had psychologically given up during that Shahzad and Hafeez partnership. Pretty much minnow mentality. Its still there, need to respond better when the tables turn
    With 16 years of absolute relentless hammering, day in day out, you do kinda develop a mental block against top sides.

However that said I hope this mishap was a one off and Bangladesh don't go into their pre 2015 hole.

Would be a travesty for world cricket to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Pakistan do that too, can't put that down to anything unique to being a minnow. They're a dangerous side who can beat anyone on their day, particularly in home conditions... remind you of anyone?

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    Pakistan do that too, can't put that down to anything unique to being a minnow. They're a dangerous side who can beat anyone on their day, particularly in home conditions... remind you of anyone?
    Pakistan have WC wins, WT20 wins, ATGs (past and present) and away test victories against some pretty dominant side under their belt all throughout history - calling them a minnow is the biggest joke I've ever heard

On point and once and if your precious Bangla tiger manage even a tenth of what I've written please come back and talk to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh looks a different side home and away. Still they have quite a few quality players in ranks.

Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post

However, that does not mean that we are in the minnow category. We are a decent team in ODIs and I am quite sure we can replicate that home and away. As for T20s, we are trying to find our feet.

Trust me, its an achievement itself that we went to the Asia Cup final and qualified ahead of Netherlands and Ireland to get into the main round. Its simply because we don't have a settled side yet. We don't have any alternatives. Soumya is failing but we don't have a replacement. We have a skinny finisher in Nasir who can't even put bat on ball these days and Mushy himself has been in a severe rut as far as form is concerned. He has a replacement in the squad, Nurul, but doesn't aspire some confidence. We even lost 2 T20Is to Zim with a similar side.

Problem is, we are not fielding our best possible XI. Arafat Sunny is not our best T20 bowler, we have 4-5 bowlers who are easily better. We are also missing Anamul Haque. We also need a big hitter down the order and we don't have any.
    How much time you guys need?

The world cricket is at its lowest quality. There are hardly a few great batsman and bowler combining all the teams. Others are rubbish.

If you can't do it now, you probably won't be able to do for another century.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Leeds
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not minnows anymore. One of the weaker sides admittedly, but then so are Sri Lanka right now.

Personally I'm absolutely delighted that Bangladesh are showing signs of improvement. It's great for world cricket, and Asian cricket in particular.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post

ICC wasted so much money on you guys its been 16 years since you were given test status and not a single good achievement in tests
    Giving you guys the test status was the worst decision ever made by PCB/ICC
    If Ireland and Netherlands were given as many chances to host World Cups and get ICC revenue they would have been a dominant force in world cricket today!

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ICC wasted so much money on you guys its been 16 years since you were given test status and not a single good achievement in tests
    Giving you guys the test status was the worst decision ever made by PCB/ICC
    If Ireland and Netherlands were given as many chances to host World Cups and get ICC revenue they would have been a dominant force in world cricket today!
    Yeah yeah like Ireland and Netherlands are capable of bringing in enough money or even homegrown players compared to us

Bangladesh has a lot of fans who bring in the money and we are producing some quality players. However it's hard to explain long term investment to kids like you. Go back to watching anime.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh is better side than anyone.