Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kabbirann View Post
    I wish you guys would stick to your Hindu-victim trope .
    Your favorite party butchered and raped Muslims in Gujurat.
    You do not get to call out anyone .
    Sikhs have zilch in common with you and your kind.
    You don't speak for Sikhs. My friend Tejinder Pal Singh Bagga would disagree with you.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaayal View Post
    Nobody is interested in Congress tbh, but showing the hypocrisy of bjp leaders who are corruption free and morally straight. No one batted an eyelid when everything was going on in other states. Even Arun jaitley told majority coalition can form govt with the approval of Governor. And when the table is reversed, the Modi ******* Governor is inviting Yediyurappa to form govt? They are given freaking 10days to prove their majority. If you don't call this time for horse trading then what is this actually? How long can you fool the people man.
    Some stupid bhakts are crying about not being able to rule Karnataka.. when the wise bhakts are happy that the BJP juggernaut is rolling and will soon bring real peace to the killing fields of kerala.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many posts for and against the BJP. Very active thread this.

If what I heard is correct, one of the reasons for this alliance is that congress is facing a very severe cash crunch and thatís why theyíre trying to make any compromise for KA. You need power to pull money. BJP is trying to form the government and cut off that supply. My sources are usually very reliable.

I personally think itís needless from the BJP though. If the JD(S) forms the government with Congress support itíll help to get Modi in power at the centre in 2019, which is the only election Iím bothered about.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Some stupid bhakts are crying about not being able to rule Karnataka.. when the wise bhakts are happy that the BJP juggernaut is rolling and will soon bring real peace to the killing fields of kerala.
    I won't blame the Kerala Congress and CPM MLA's if they sell themselves out for 100 crore rupees and a Minister post. It's once a lifetime opportunity. Why would they miss it?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    BJP hypocrisy at full flow.

Democracy made a joke.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post

Democracy made a joke.
    The only hypocrisy here is from the Congress supporters crying about the governor, when they don't remember Jung, HR Bharadwaj, Bhandari, SC Jamir, etc.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    The only hypocrisy here is from the Congress supporters crying about the governor, when they don't remember Jung, HR Bharadwaj, Bhandari, SC Jamir, etc.
    "But but but but BJP is so much better, purer, holier and patriotic compared to Congress."

"only hypocrisy" lmao...
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 16th May 2018 at 23:14.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Democracy made a joke.
    Tbf this is how democracy is everywhere, Amit Shah is clearly a player who knows how to whip, it's all about interests and what not.

The only issue I have here is the rubber stamp posts in our democracy, from President to Governor and the money wasted on all of them and their support staff.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019 is not going to be easy with bjp showing this level of hypocrisy again and again.
    In my eyes now I have zero trust on any party. Everybody is busy in taking sides but not thinking about nation. Now I feel like Politics is great circus that keeps you entertained every day with their hypocrisy,goal post switching debates, silly allegations,hyper nationalisam etc.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by introvert View Post
    2019 is not going to be easy with bjp showing this level of hypocrisy again and again.
    In my eyes now I have zero trust on any party. Everybody is busy in taking sides but not thinking about nation. Now I feel like Politics is great circus that keeps you entertained every day with their hypocrisy,goal post switching debates, silly allegations,hyper nationalisam etc.
    Well said I think it doesn't matter which party comes unless society changes, very few leaders can bring change in societies.

Feel Ambedkar was one of them.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my eyes now I have zero trust on any party. Everybody is busy in taking sides but not thinking about nation.
    So you have only opened your eyes in 2018. Congress are masters in this game, whereas BJP is just a newbie. Congress have a history of using the entire ecosystem, police, IB and violence to get in power.

The difference is with BJP, there is always greater scrutiny, things matter, development matter. And that's the biggest reason why neutrals vote more for BJP. The media couldn't see the huge anti-incumbency with many Congress ministers losing shows how they report based on their own agenda, rather than ground reality.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by someone21 View Post
    So you have only opened your eyes in 2018. Congress are masters in this game, whereas BJP is just a newbie. Congress have a history of using the entire ecosystem, police, IB and violence to get in power.

The difference is with BJP, there is always greater scrutiny, things matter, development matter. And that's the biggest reason why neutrals vote more for BJP. The media couldn't see the huge anti-incumbency with many Congress ministers losing shows how they report based on their own agenda, rather than ground reality.
    Why does it matter to you though, what difference has BJP made to you?Congress was useless and so is BJP ,the only difference is bias.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    The only issue I have here is the rubber stamp posts in our democracy, from President to Governor and the money wasted on all of them and their support staff.
    Yeah all these posts mean zilch these days.

Governments install chamchas in here.

Congress installed Pratibha Patil as president. What a cruel joke.
    Last edited by hadi123; 17th May 2018 at 09:51.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My eyes are wide open but it seems yours are covered with bjp's visionary glasses. For me Both congress and bjp are same and media favours both actually bjp more in recent years.

Same anti-incombency will bite bjp if they didn't fulfill their ground promises In their ruling states and then countrywide.

The point is bjp is not fulfilling promises and dreams that they showed to common men during 2014 election.

What we got is millions of jumla, mud slinging excuses for every thing,and hyper nationalism,cow politics to keep delay development as long as possible.

2022 is the new date bjp given in their jumlas for development and in 2022 they will declare 2030 as their visionary year of development.
    Last edited by introvert; 17th May 2018 at 09:20.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My eyes are wide open but it seems yours are covered with bjp's visionary glasses. For me Both congress and bjp are same and media favours both actually bjp more in recent years.

Same anti-incombency will bite bjp if they didn't fulfill their ground promises In their ruling states and then countrywide. The point is bjp is not fulfilling promises and dreams that they showed to common men during 2014 election..
    And that's exactly my point, BJP is more scrutinized, accountability, and thus neutrals should vote more for them. In 2019, people will judge BJP on it's performances and track record. They have provided free LPG connections, bank accounts, farmer corp insurance, rural electrification, toilets, roads mudra, pension scheme for poor, OROP. That's development for me, but maybe with your biases, you will think otherwise. That's perfectly fine but it's so much better than what various opposition parties who do nothing, no track record, zero performance, yet ask votes on secularism. Look at all recent elections, and that's their only agenda. Have we ever received a report card from so called secular governments? Here, with BJP, there are 100 day report, 1 year, and onwards.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Q View Post
    I personally think it’s needless from the BJP though. If the JD(S) forms the government with Congress support it’ll help to get Modi in power at the centre in 2019, which is the only election I’m bothered about.
    Why - who else stands a chance in 2019?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Congress

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheap caste and regional politics. Congress and its allies are masters of that Ďartí. Iím not that worried though. There isnít a single leader in congress who has the charisma or the vision of Modi. Itís almost certain that heíll win in 2019.

Pointless political speech wonít fetch Rahul Gandhi many votes. A leader should be a visionary, which he isnít .

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Congress
    Not in your life and mine, hopefully.

Unless they go for a wholesale change and get new 'management', they aren't even an option.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Not in your life and mine, hopefully.

Unless they go for a wholesale change and get new 'management', they aren't even an option.
    Don't be so sure.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congress
    Not a chance, we need Modi to win so that India is on the way to being divided into more manageable parts in a loose federation kind of way, the North is currently eating up all the contributions of the South. BJP are the only ones who can exacerbate this division

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Not a chance, we need Modi to win so that India is on the way to being divided into more manageable parts in a loose federation kind of way, the North is currently eating up all the contributions of the South. BJP are the only ones who can exacerbate this division
    You dont be so sure too. Haha

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Don't be so sure.
    The only thing to be unsure about looking ahead to 2019 is whether the BJP will get a full majority ie: 272 seats by themselves a la 2014.

Rahul Gandhi should bide his time for another election and perhaps he'll be at the right time and place come 2024. I suspect he knows this and will tell you so in his heart of hearts - not sure why you are giving him a chance in 2019.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    The only thing to be unsure about looking ahead to 2019 is whether the BJP will get a full majority ie: 272 seats by themselves a la 2014.

Rahul Gandhi should bide his time for another election and perhaps he'll be at the right time and place come 2024. I suspect he knows this and will tell you so in his heart of hearts - not sure why you are giving him a chance in 2019.
    2019 is hard but not impossible.

Proper strategy and alliances and BJP can crumble.

BJP aint sweeping cow belt this time. They may get routed in the South if alliances are formed right.

But for the sake of the nation, i hope either Congress or BJP get enough seats (even if not 272) so that they are not held ransom by every tom, dick and harry.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

BJP aint sweeping cow belt this time. They may get routed in the South if alliances are formed right.

But for the sake of the nation, i hope either Congress or BJP get enough seats (even if not 272) so that they are not held ransom by every tom, dick and harry.
    BJP might still be the single largest party, but not going to form government in 2019. No one knows governance and no one understands India like the GOP. BJP cannot fool all people all the time. There are many sane Indians, especially in Madras Calcutta who are not going to fall for BJP's emotive appeal.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dŻr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

BJP would sweep the entire North Indian belt once again. Mark my words.
    Congress are in shambles and the other alternative available are the goons of SP, BSP and that sadakchap Asaduddin Owaisi with his dalit Chamchas.

Modi will be back although the seats would definitely go down.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Cow belt? Really? Its this disdain that helps BJP.

Will it be ok to call South Sambhar Belt or Dosa belt?

Expected much better from you SIF. All Indians are free to support the party of their choice, stop labelling them on basis of their choices.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post

Expected much better from you SIF. All Indians are free to support the party of their choice, stop labelling them on basis of their choices.
    Long for the era when India was great and the economy had the hindu rate of growth.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Cow belt is just a colloquial way of referring to certain North Indian states. It even has a wiki page named after it because of its common use.

First time I am hearing someone having an issue with it. Fair enough.

No offense was intended.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cow belt is just a colloquial way of referring to certain North Indian states. It even has a wiki page named after it because of its common use.

No offense was intended.
    India is becoming intolerant bro. Nowadays people have problem with hindu rate of growth, when it was just an academic term coined by intellectuals.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

No offense was intended.
    A lot of racist words were commonly used and are offensive. The word cow belt was allegedly coined by the "Left/Secular" Parties to describe BJP as a Cow Belt Party when AB Vajpayee won 161 seats in 1996 and was PM for 13 days. It finds a mention in the speech of AB Vajpayee in the parliament before he resigned. The smug faces of Left parties and their disdainful attitude towards Vajpayee during that speech is the reason why BJP is where it is today.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You dont be so sure too. Haha
    I'm serious bro, I was in Bangalore late last year and the amount of Muslims worried about the BJP has mushroomed, there were directives issued by Maulvis to not sacrifice cows on Eid Ul Azha which I've never seen in tge South before. Hindu-Muslim and North South division can only be done by BJP, Congress is gutless and would insist on Hindu Muslim bhai bhai rhetoric which has been rejected all over the country

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol the Governor has gone and broken the rules in his appointment of the interim Speaker for tomorrow's Floor Test. It's supposed to be the most senior MLA (max number of terms). But he's chosen a known Yeddy supporter whose previous appointment in 2008 had involved him acting favorably for the BJP in a move that was later dismissed by the Supreme Court for not being just.

There has been a tendency over the years to paint Vajpayee as a sort of Sant, but his term was relatively decent in terms of abuse of power. One could argue that the BJP at the that time hadn't won the overwhelming mandate Modi later did in 2014 and so were cautious and testing the waters.

Whatever the truth, the Sanskari Party under Modi in just 4 odd years have demoed they are as bad as the Congress in terms of the latter's instances of abuse of power. The Sanskaris often point to the excesses of the 70 odd years of Congress rule. Wonder what kind of a country we'd have been living in, had the BJP ruled us for 70 odd years.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
    Lol the Governor has gone and broken the rules in his appointment of the interim Speaker for tomorrow's Floor Test. It's supposed to be the most senior MLA (max number of terms). But he's chosen a known Yeddy supporter whose previous appointment in 2008 had involved him acting favorably for the BJP in a move that was later dismissed by the Supreme Court for not being just.

There has been a tendency over the years to paint Vajpayee as a sort of Sant, but his term was relatively decent in terms of abuse of power. One could argue that the BJP at the that time hadn't won the overwhelming mandate Modi later did in 2014 and so were cautious and testing the waters.

Whatever the truth, the Sanskari Party under Modi in just 4 odd years have demoed they are as bad as the Congress in terms of the latter's instances of abuse of power. The Sanskaris often point to the excesses of the 70 odd years of Congress rule. Wonder what kind of a country we'd have been living in, had the BJP ruled us for 70 odd years.
    First of all there is no rule in the appointment of Pro tem speaker only certain conventions.

Secondly in 2008 he was appointed speaker by a congress appointed governor.

You can take pot shots on Bjp on PP, but you cant take away the fact that they have the people's support. Even in KTK they are by far the largest party.
    Last edited by cricketjoshila; 18th May 2018 at 14:58.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm serious bro, I was in Bangalore late last year and the amount of Muslims worried about the BJP has mushroomed, there were directives issued by Maulvis to not sacrifice cows on Eid Ul Azha which I've never seen in tge South before. Hindu-Muslim and North South division can only be done by BJP, Congress is gutless and would insist on Hindu Muslim bhai bhai rhetoric which has been rejected all over the country
    It's not rejected anywhere except Kashmir,there will always be some issues but people mostly have gotten well along considering it's 1.3 billion people.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not rejected anywhere except Kashmir,there will always be some issues but people mostly have gotten well along considering it's 1.3 billion people.
    It has been called Muslim appeasement and rejected everywhere, Hindu majority ruling is the logical result of democracy. The cow was a focus of Gandhi as it is the focus of the BJP now, albeit Gandhi wanted Muslims to spare the cow willingly and BJP is more forceful about cow protection which is working as I mentioned above

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It has been called Muslim appeasement and rejected everywhere, Hindu majority ruling is the logical result of democracy. The cow was a focus of Gandhi as it is the focus of the BJP now, albeit Gandhi wanted Muslims to spare the cow willingly and BJP is more forceful about cow protection which is working as I mentioned above
    Gandhi was too religious , let's not forget he supported the Khalifat movement as well.

And the reason cow is an issue is because there is no uniform law in our country, Muslims won't accept that either just like many Hindus in North don't accept cow slaughter, getting a uniform law was what Congress didn't do, it's not about Hindu Muslims it's about the country, you can take your imaginary friends to outside.

Also Congress does appease don't say you don't notice that.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all there is no rule in the appointment of Pro tem speaker only certain conventions.

Secondly in 2008 he was appointed speaker by a congress appointed governor.

You can take pot shots on Bjp on PP, but you cant take away the fact that they have the people's support. Even in KTK they are by far the largest party.
    You're right that it is a convention and not a rule. Doesn't change the fact that his biased decisions in favor of Yeddy were criticized by the Courts.

BJP came to power unanimously in 2014 promising certain things, they haven't even come close to fulfilling. Modi still has a certain presence and the 100 odd they won was about 30-35 more than they would have won on the backs of Yeddy and his gang.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    You're right that it is a convention and not a rule. Doesn't change the fact that his biased decisions in favor of Yeddy were criticized by the Courts.

BJP came to power unanimously in 2014 promising certain things, they haven't even come close to fulfilling. Modi still has a certain presence and the 100 odd they won was about 30-35 more than they would have won on the backs of Yeddy and his gang.
    Entire congress govt has been criticised by the courts.

You want Modi to do everything in 4 years. But no questions for congress 58yr rule?

Dont know about you but i have seen changes that affect me in a positive manner. The foremost being a far more efficient govt with the departments and offices actually working. People responding to email complaints sent to ministeries. Govt servants no longer able to hold files at will indefinately.

Better Roads and communication.

The only other thing i want is better law and order though thats not in Modis hand in my state.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If email communication is positive about NDA govn,then RTI should be like 10th commandments for UPA.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    If email communication is positive about NDA govn,then RTI should be like 10th commandments for UPA.
    RTI implementation in the way it should be has been done by NDA. In UPA they will sit on your application and unless you want to move to the CIC it would be useless.

By email communication i meant the ease of getting your concerns addressed. Even tweets are being responded to. Havent seen anything like this during UPA, infact bureaucratic red tape was worst. Corruption was rife.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    RTI implementation in the way it should be has been done by NDA. In UPA they will sit on your application and unless you want to move to the CIC it would be useless.

By email communication i meant the ease of getting your concerns addressed. Even tweets are being responded to. Havent seen anything like this during UPA, infact bureaucratic red tape was worst. Corruption was rife.
    Corruption was life ,so you are saying it's not in MP,CHATTISGARH in state departments, please BIP has been in these states for years.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Corruption was life ,so you are saying it's not in MP,CHATTISGARH in state departments, please BIP has been in these states for years.
    I havent dealt with those states but mainly the central govt. There is a marked improvement in their performance in comparision to the UPA times.

The amount of bull we had to face in those times was literally suffocating as a businessman. Some people had to kill off their projects as the ministry would just sit on their files till the project died due to time delay. It was horrendous.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Although there has been less corruption during Modi'e term compared to the previous government, we Indians should vote for Congress because I am sure it is dying to prove itself and will do far better if voted to power. Congress under Rahul will be clean, pro development and anti populism.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Although there has been less corruption during Modi'e term compared to the previous government, we Indians should vote for Congress because I am sure it is dying to prove itself and will do far better if voted to power. Congress under Rahul will be clean, pro development and anti populism.
    It doesn't matter who comes, it's about personal choice, an old age person who is least interested in Investment, might prefer old school high interest rate banking system that Congress usually brings 7-9% interest rate kind.
    Young , business ones or the active bankers will prefer BJP with low interest rate kind more borrowing kind of economy.

To me personally I would make decisions with who is there and hate anyone in power.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The BJP are just semi-cheating now.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gandhi was too religious , let's not forget he supported the Khalifat movement as well.

And the reason cow is an issue is because there is no uniform law in our country, Muslims won't accept that either just like many Hindus in North don't accept cow slaughter, getting a uniform law was what Congress didn't do, it's not about Hindu Muslims it's about the country, you can take your imaginary friends to outside.

Also Congress does appease don't say you don't notice that.
    So religion which influences all aspects of aociety and culture and the individual doesn't matter, but a piece of land with unnatural boundaries which were drawn by colonists and are disputed and which you did not choose to be born in matters. Bravo!

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hey @pillionrider - looks like HDK is going to be CM.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The BJP are just semi-cheating now.
    Offering the Chief Minister's post to the smallest party just to stay in power is not cheating, and offering MLA's ministership to reach the majority mark is cheating?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Offering the Chief Minister's post to the smallest party just to stay in power is not cheating, and offering MLA's ministership to reach the majority mark is cheating?
    Both scenarios are unethical even if they are legal.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor BJP. Tried everything possible. Yeddy crying was so good to watch.

Hope they learnt one thing today. They're not strong enough to wrest anyone from the iron fists of DK
    'rowdy' Shivakumar

Hey @pillionrider - looks like HDK is going to be CM.
    Last edited by pillionrider; 19th May 2018 at 11:44.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Both scenarios are unethical even if they are legal.
    By your logic there should be no govt as forming a coalition or taking support of opposition MLAs is unethical. btw neither is unethical and just goes to show you have no understanding of politics.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Poor BJP. Tried everything possible. Yeddy crying was so good to watch.

Hope they learnt one thing today. They're not strong enough to wrest anyone from the iron fists of DK
    'rowdy' Shivakumar

The good people of karnataka has been saved from BJP while the bad kannadigas tried hard to bring it to power. Truth only triumphs.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The good people of karnataka has been saved from BJP while the bad kannadigas tried hard to bring it to power. Truth only triumphs.
    Your posts are so good to read when you're not trolling

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hope they learnt one thing today. They're not strong enough to wrest anyone from the iron fists of DK 'rowdy' Shivakumar
    DK Shivakumar can apparently do everything except keep the lights on 24 hours a day in the so-called IT capital of India.

By your logic there should be no govt as forming a coalition or taking support of opposition MLAs is unethical. btw neither is unethical and just goes to show you have no understanding of politics.
    Perhaps I'll write longer sentences so the resident tinpot can fathom me better henceforth. It is certainly unethical to 'please' MLAs just to attempt to win a trust vote. Is it legal and can they proceed if they win said trust vote however? Yes they can.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Perhaps I'll write longer sentences so the resident tinpot can fathom me better henceforth. It is certainly unethical to 'please' MLAs just to attempt to win a trust vote. Is it legal and can they proceed if they win said trust vote however? Yes they can.
    While it is true that I struggle to understand your posts, my comprehension was bang on this time. According to you it is unethical to form a govt if there is no clear majority. Therefor you lack an understanding of politics, as it is only ethical to provide stable leadership instead of asking people to keep on voting till they give a clear mandate.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DK Shivakumar can apparently do everything except keep the lights on 24 hours a day in the so-called IT capital of India.
    What to do. Modiji refused all the government requests for additional power

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a day. BJP show they will stick with own leaders till the end whereas Congress shown they will easily dump their own leaders like their CM Siddi just to be in power.

Overall, this unholy alliance will help to show the difference between BJP and the others. This dynastic alliance show that they will use everything just to make their sons win, while the state always loses. And that's gonna be the agenda for BJP in 2019.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a day. BJP show they will stick with own leaders till the end whereas Congress shown they will easily dump their own leaders like their CM Siddi just to be in power.

Overall, this unholy alliance will help to show the difference between BJP and the others. This dynastic alliance show that they will use everything just to make their sons win, while the state always loses. And that's gonna be the agenda for BJP in 2019.
    Be positive. That's the spirit

So, you're not neutral anymore. Guess Yeddy's tears won you over

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What to do. Modiji refused all the government requests for additional power
    That may be a legitimate grievance, but what about the fact that it rains for a few minutes and BESCOM cuts off the power to vast suburbs in the city for hours on end, with their Twitter handle tweeting about some MUSS / FEEDER crapola to pacify residents all over?

I don't know who the power minister or any minister would have been in a BJP government, but it wouldn't have been hard to surpass the Congress, who were just driving the city of Bangalore into the ground. Which looks like it's going to continue for the foreseeable.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That may be a legitimate grievance, but what about the fact that it rains for a few minutes and BESCOM cuts off the power to vast suburbs in the city for hours on end, with their Twitter handle tweeting about some MUSS / FEEDER crapola to pacify residents all over?

I don't know who the power minister or any minister would have been in a BJP government, but it wouldn't have been hard to surpass the Congress, who were just driving the city of Bangalore into the ground. Which looks like it's going to continue for the foreseeable.
    As I said earlier, the Congress basically maintained the status quo in terms of the city's development. HDK was very good wrt the city - in fact, that was one of the complaints against him in rural areas. Will be interesting to see how he is this time around - I'd suggest getting yourself a UPS soon

I'm just happy that Yeddy and his gang have been outed. Don't see any future for him and I think he feels it too, given the way his resignation speech sounded more like a pathetic job interview to Modi.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeddurappa thinks he is AB Vajpayee lol. HDK is probably one of the luckiest leaders out there ,Bangalore will go to dumps now but wouldn't had made much difference anyway.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeddurappa thinks he is AB Vajpayee lol.
    Arnab was desperately trying to draw a parallel yesterday. Yeddy deserves some credit from a BJP POV for building his party in Karnataka, but his speech was comical (to me at least) unlike Vajpayee's which was moving and inspiring at the time.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Somebody needs to control this petrol and diesel hike. This is insane now.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why is it so expensive. How is the final price calculated?

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it so expensive. How is the final price calculated?
    Dynamic Pricing. No more subsidies. Import cost, logistics cost, refining cost and production, then logistics and some profits.
    So as soon as Crude Prices rise in international market, the customer back home feels the heat.

No because of Karnataka polls, Govt. had informally dictated OMCs to not raise prices. But with the elections over and crude oil prices rising, there's been a steep increase in petrol and diesel prices now.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crude needs to take a pause and what's worse is dollar seems to be getting stronger , this is not in Indian govts control .

We are looking at a 50 billion hit for the economy , much worse than people paying few rupees more for petrol or diesel

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    Crude needs to take a pause and what's worse is dollar seems to be getting stronger , this is not in Indian govts control .

We are looking at a 50 billion hit for the economy , much worse than people paying few rupees more for petrol or diesel
    It will keep rising unless Venezuela ups its production again. Also, this Russian and Saudi collaboration is impacting the furl prices and especially harming the poorer countries.

The sanctions on Iran are also increasing the oil prices. IIRC, we could lose unto 2-3% of the daily crude oil production because of the sanctions.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    It will keep rising unless Venezuela ups its production again. Also, this Russian and Saudi collaboration is impacting the furl prices and especially harming the poorer countries.

The sanctions on Iran are also increasing the oil prices. IIRC, we could lose unto 2-3% of the daily crude oil production because of the sanctions.
    Yeah we may see higher levels with crude , but should see currency reversing at some point . In a longer run they normally head in different directions ( hopefully not on Monday cos am holding quite a bit of USD future positions lol )

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh and BJP MP from Kangra Shanta Kumar on Saturday said he would not contest the next Lok Sabha elections.

The leader, who was here to participate in a function organised by the Lions Club, said he would not contest the elections, but would definitely work for the party as a worker.

On being asked about the attempts of the BJP to form the government in Karnataka despite not getting majority, Shanta said in 1982 the BJP had won 29 Assembly segments in Himachal, while the Congress had won 31. There were six Independents, who were ready to support the BJP. “We could have formed the government with the support of Independents, but we didn’t,” he added.

“Atal Bihari Vajpayee had then announced that the BJP would sit in opposition rather than resorting to horse-trading. The BJP followed the principals and now the party has 26 more MLAs than the Congress in the Himachal Assembly,” he said.

SOURCE

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Even when crude prices were going down, Arun jaitley hiked excise duty nine times between November 2014 and January 2016. In all, duty on petrol rate was hiked by Rs.11.77 per litre and on diesel by 13.47 a litre in those 15 months. How about rolling back that hike to give relief to the common man?

Dravid's remarkable career is proof that nice guys don't finish last - Steve Waugh

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Congress again showing its ineptness and proving to the rest of the country why it doesnt deserve to come in the power. An opportunity has been presented to them on silver platter to make rising fuel prices an election issue, just like BJP did in 2013, either the Congress leaders are dumb to take the advantage of this situation or worse disinterested.

Dravid's remarkable career is proof that nice guys don't finish last - Steve Waugh

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Even when crude prices were going down, Arun jaitley hiked excise duty nine times between November 2014 and January 2016. In all, duty on petrol rate was hiked by Rs.11.77 per litre and on diesel by 13.47 a litre in those 15 months. How about rolling back that hike to give relief to the common man?

When you say common man , its the middle class ?

" you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congress again showing its ineptness and proving to the rest of the country why it doesnt deserve to come in the power. An opportunity has been presented to them on silver platter to make rising fuel prices an election issue, just like BJP did in 2013, either the Congress leaders are dumb to take the advantage of this situation or worse disinterested.
    India truly caught between a rock and a hard place.
    On one hand you have entitled ***** Rahul Gandhi and Congress who are waiting for India to fall into their lap without them putting in any effort and on the other hand you have filth ie BJP.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congress is dumb not to bring that issue up and you think BJP is dumb to keep the fuel prices high and give them that opportunity? you would rather have them cut taxes to please the voters when the ground reality is that Govt is in no position to do that ?
    A $10 increase in crude prices hurts the current account deficit by ~10 billion dollars , hits GDP growth by ~0.25 and increases inflation considerably . What you are demanding is stop all other Govt spending's on infra , education etc to please a small section of the society .

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kabbirann View Post
    India truly caught between a rock and a hard place.
    On one hand you have entitled ***** Rahul Gandhi and Congress who are waiting for India to fall into their lap without them putting in any effort and on the other hand you have filth ie BJP.
    Indias problem is not its political parties alone, but the whole society which is corrupt from top to bottom .

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    When you say common man , its the middle class ?
    Yes, the middle and lower income group.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Congress is dumb not to bring that issue up and you think BJP is dumb to keep the fuel prices high and give them that opportunity? you would rather have them cut taxes to please the voters when the ground reality is that Govt is in no position to do that ?
    A $10 increase in crude prices hurts the current account deficit by ~10 billion dollars , hits GDP growth by ~0.25 and increases inflation considerably . What you are demanding is stop all other Govt spending's on infra , education etc to please a small section of the society .
    Increased diesel prices increase the cost of transportation of fruits and vegetables which impact everyone. It's not about appeasement, but survival for poor people.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Crude prices were high in 2013 when bjp made it an election issue and used it to attack the government. And an average Joe doesn't understand the technicalities of crude price fluctuation. He is only concerned about how his survival is made easier. It's pure ineptness of Congress, nothing more.