Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pacesensation View Post
    Does'nt look like 21. He looks like 23 or more.
    Eh? He looks younger than Rashid Khan

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    absolutely wrong information. He never bowled even a 140k ball. his effort balls were around 130 and average pace in the 120s.

Pretty embarassing how you had to come up with lies to boast a Bengali player
    check this video from 1.50min below you see your own eyes written his fastest 141.6 and average 132.6, I've seen him bowling 144 k, but don't remember now which match it was

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pacesensation View Post
    Does'nt look like 21. He looks like 23 or more.
    Opposite - he doesn't even look like 21, but I do believe he is around 22-23 now. Came to know about the kid in 2013-14 & someone told me that he is genuine 18, which is about 4.5 years back.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really good bowler love watching him, altough I hope in the future he doesnt depends on his offcutters as much and ads swing to his armoury.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaan View Post
    check this video from 1.50min below you see your own eyes written his fastest 141.6 and average 132.6, I've seen him bowling 144 k, but don't remember now which match it was

His fastest I have seen is 143.4KM, that's shed below 90mph. But, those could be technical error as well. But, he is indeed capable of reaching 140+ with effort ball even now. Unless it's a green top or hard cracked wicket, extra pace won't help his cutters, hence he doesn't try to bowl fast. If he is completely fit, he'll clock 144KM in CT.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good display of bowling today.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will end up as the undisputed GOAT T20 bowler. Already in the top 5 along with Malinga, Narine, Badree and Bravo.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ATG T20I international bowler after a mighty total of 17 games

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Opposite - he doesn't even look like 21, but I do believe he is around 22-23 now. Came to know about the kid in 2013-14 & someone told me that he is genuine 18, which is about 4.5 years back.
    I call this difference of opinion. He is still young, it wont matter if he is 2 years older since he is not a genuine fast bowler rather a guy who bowls variations with an odd one 139-141k

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His first test away from home conditions and he hasn't impressed.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kid is not doing so well anymore. Batsmen are starting to pick up his tricks. He needs to learn some new tricks or pretty much will fade away like mendis did

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extremely overrated bowler.

He isn't the same bowler as we all initially thought him to be. His secret code has already been cracked by most of the batsmen. He'll never be as threatening as he was during on the past.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is Fizz going to fizz away?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ha has been disappointing so far @MMHS....

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is struggling in the CT because there is zero purchase for the pace bowlers, atleast in the matches he has played in.

Played 2 complete matches, was ordinary against England, did Ok against NZ. However, he did beat the edge so many times its frustrating he didn't get many wickets.

He hasn't been as penetrative because he has been inconsistent with his line and length. When he bowls good lines he is a tough bowler to face. Also, since injury he has struggled a bit with pace but gradually will improve.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    He is struggling in the CT because there is zero purchase for the pace bowlers, atleast in the matches he has played in.

Played 2 complete matches, was ordinary against England, did Ok against NZ. However, he did beat the edge so many times its frustrating he didn't get many wickets.

He hasn't been as penetrative because he has been inconsistent with his line and length. When he bowls good lines he is a tough bowler to face. Also, since injury he has struggled a bit with pace but gradually will improve.
    You forgot about the jadu tona that was done on malcolm fizz by baba bawaali.

Only if i could get a dollar for every excuse you made in your post.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should hang up his boots, he'll end up like Syed Rasel who sells waters now

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    You forgot about the jadu tona that was done on malcolm fizz by baba bawaali.

Only if i could get a dollar for every excuse you made in your post.
    I mentioned about him not bowling good line and length and you nitpick how I mentioned about the lack of purchase for the bowlers in the matches he has bowled in so far.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Courtney Walsh trying to bring the old Mustafizur Rahman back in action

Injuries affect fast bowlers and that s the truth. Ask the likes of Zaheer Khan, Shaun Tait, Mohammad Shami and the rest. Another fast bowler who has gone through the same difficult phase in his life is Mustafizur Rahman. Fizz , who was described last year as a special talent by David Warner, his Sunrisers Hyderabad captain at Indian Premier League last year, had to undergo shoulder surgery after picking up an injury while playing in the NatWest T20 Blast in August.

The injury ruled him out of action for five months. Since the time he has made a comeback, he has not shown the same Fizz that the world used to know. Before injury, Mustafizur had picked up 26 wickets in 9 ODIs, 22 in 13 T20Is and 4 wickets in 2 Tests. The numbers took a drastic fall after his comeback as he has been able to pick up just 31 wickets in 19 matches (2 Tests, 13 ODIs and 4 T20Is).

Courtney Walsh, bowling coach of Bangladesh, is working closely with Mustafizur and providing him useful tips and tricks to improve. It is too early to say anything apart from the fact that he is responding very well in the training sessions, Walsh told Cricbuzz after a one-on-one session with Mustafizur. "We are trying to make him bowl [from] close to the wicket but that is not the only thing as we are trying some other stuff as well."

Walsh has also requested Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) to allow Mahbub al Jaki to be a part of his training program. Jaki is supposed to have identified the talent of Mustafizur during his early days and has played a huge role in the development of the fast bowler. We are trying to make him understand what his major strength is and looking forward to develop that, said Jaki.

It is true that after the comeback he has bowled a lot away from the stumps and there can be several reasons behind it, but as he could not achieve much success we made him realize that he needs to go back to his old bowling formula. At present, we are making him bowl in just three to four steps close to the wicket so that it gets seated into his subconscious mind so that later when he comes to bowl in full force he is able to bowl close to the wicket without making much effort, added Jaki.

The presence of Walsh in the dressing room has also benefited other Bangladeshi bowlers. Kamrul Islam, a right-arm fast bowler, says Walsh s feedback has helped him to a great extent to be a more effective bowler: With the guidance of Walsh, I have improved my balance while bowling and also have made some technical amendments that I hope would make my bowling more effective. I could not deliver in-swingers but currently I have been trying to master it. As a bowler, I have been trying to perfect the skills that I have already acquired. That s where my focus lies currently."

http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/c...on-627548/amp/

The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    he was huge disappointed in the CT .he needs to improve his fitness otherwise he will have very short career and

will remain average bowler like he was in CT

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though fizz has lost his initial mojo he's still the second best fast bowler in limited overs cricket after M. STARC.

Bcb must kick out useless Walsh if they wanna get back the old Mustafizur. Walsh is absolutely useless. Bangla need H. Streak again as the bowling coach again.

Bangla can also approach kumble for the position of head coach. His headmaster type attitude might be really beneficial for the bangla team.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Even though fizz has lost his initial mojo he's still the second best fast bowler in limited overs cricket after M. STARC.

Bcb must kick out useless Walsh if they wanna get back the old Mustafizur. Walsh is absolutely useless. Bangla need H. Streak again as the bowling coach again.

Bangla can also approach kumble for the position of head coach. His headmaster type attitude might be really beneficial for the bangla team.
    2nd Best - LOL LOL

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walsh so far hasn't proved to be an effective coach. There haven't been any noticeable improvements made by young bowlers such as Mustafiz, Taskin, Rubel and the others since he took over. Mashrafe at this stage of his career knows his game and can guide himself. What are Walsh's coaching credentials? As far as I know he has only served as a selector since retiring. Was he only appointed based on his legendary playing career?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As soon as you remove the comfort blanket of the low and sluggish home wickets, India bullied and humiliated Bangladesh bowling for the minnows that they are....

Walsh cannot transform minnow level bowlers made out of glass into world level.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He isn't the same bowler as we all initially thought him to be. His secret code has already been cracked by most of the batsmen. He'll never be as threatening as he was during on the past.
    What changed?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope he regains his previous form and fitness

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Do you even understand quality level of Starc, a world cup winner pedigree fast bowler.

Fizz bowls off cutters as a stock delivery. This is not a fast bowler.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Do you even understand quality level of Starc, a world cup winner pedigree fast bowler.

Fizz bowls off cutters as a stock delivery. This is not a fast bowler.
    Just a month ago, in this very thread he wrote the following:

Draw your own conclusions.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even mentioning him in the same breath as Starc is nothing short of blasphemy.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 26th July 2017 at 02:42.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was not what we first thought he would become. Just like Santokie and nothing more.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    why are people bumping Mustafizur threads has he just been hammered or something.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mustafiz was outstanding in the tests against Australia particularly the second test. Took 5 wickets in the match

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I like his nickname Now that Shakib has quit on his stool I am interested in BD test series in SA only due to Tamim Iqbal and to see how this Fizzy fella does, hope he has a good tour I had high hopes from him when he was doing so well, cricket needs a strong BD team and to hell with players like Shakib who quit when their team needs them most
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 13th September 2017 at 19:34.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adil_94 View Post
    why are people bumping Mustafizur threads has he just been hammered or something.
    He was thrashed vs Australia quite badly. Still not got his form back from before the surgery

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    He was thrashed vs Australia quite badly. Still not got his form back from before the surgery
    He has been back in action for some time now. Time to drop the excuse. He is a trundler. Sad facts.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Shutdown Corner checked his stats in that series. not that bad. Barely bowled in the first test due to spin domination.

match figures of 0/21 after bowling 9 overs.

second test he took 5/100. overall thats not the worst figures u could get.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adil_94 View Post
    @Shutdown Corner checked his stats in that series. not that bad. Barely bowled in the first test due to spin domination.

match figures of 0/21 after bowling 9 overs.

second test he took 5/100. overall thats not the worst figures u could get.
    I was just being sarcastic. LOL. Probably need to work in it some more.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very disappointing on supportive pitches of South Africa.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the chapter of mustafzor rahman has closed. moving on...

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If ban depends on musthafizur as main strike bowler they r doomed.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    844 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Dying a slow death at the hands of Elgar and Amla, at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Very disappointing on supportive pitches of South Africa.
    It's a flat road. What game are you watching?

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Dying a slow death at the hands of Elgar and Amla, at the moment.

It's a flat road. What game are you watching?
    Tbh wasn't watching the match until the very end and at that time pitch looked supportive for faster men. Taskin looked really good

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He is just an average bowler, nothing special not bad either.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a genius - just under the weather AND post surgery still hampering him.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Rabada ending up with near identical stats as Fizz in this game against a much worse batting line-up. Guess he is an average bowler too and the Rabada chapter has closed?

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mustafiz clocking 145 kph in the 1st Test in SA and so far has 140.9 in the second.

Amir clocking 141.6 vs SL in Abu Dhabi...so Satkhira's slow death only a half yard slower.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he playing the next game?
    He looked in good form in his last outing.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Badly missing him in the x1. Always injured and losing ground to lesser talents.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bujhee kom View Post
    Badly missing him in the x1. Always injured and losing ground to lesser talents.
    He's out of BPL too it seems.

Rarely not injured.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    He's out of BPL too it seems.

Rarely not injured.
    No use to us. Crippled.